Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Heroes of G'rohe (closed)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@Burnmoon

Just in time! You're the last one I'll be accepting, with Silverling and AbyssRanger.

@Silverling

Looks good! I'll go put your character with the others.
@Burnmoon

Just in time! You're the last one I'll be accepting, with Silverling and AbyssRanger.

@Silverling

Looks good! I'll go put your character with the others.
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Balrier
No, sorry! You came in just too late.
@Balrier
No, sorry! You came in just too late.
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Balrier

Yeah, sorry about that. Good luck with finding a roleplay to join! If we ever get a spot open, I could let you join then.
@Balrier

Yeah, sorry about that. Good luck with finding a roleplay to join! If we ever get a spot open, I could let you join then.
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@scryzze

Name: Evelyn Contemp

Race: Aetherian

Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance: Evelyn's human form is of a tall, pallid brunette with cold, thin grey eyes. She exhibits a sickly aura about her, mostly due to her clothing colors of choice- whites, greys, and generally cold colors and hues. Evelyn is fond of human dresses, jewelry and hats- her hat itself is wide brimmed and elegant, with an assortment of pale flowers decorating its figure. She enjoys pearls and diamonds- though she is rarely ever able to obtain them. Evelyn's human state carries no weapons or armor, save for an intricate dagger that she has cursed heavily herself.

Ironically, Evelyn's true Aetherian form is a blood-red feathered creature, with a head resembling a bearded vulture. She sports four, long, deer-like legs and a snaking, heavily feathered tail. Evelyn has two sets of wings, made possible by a size that is titanic even by Aetherian standards. While definitely not the wistful, elegant form most Aetherians are known for, it is undeniable that it has a certain savage gracefulness. Despite the grandeur of her true form, Evelyn much prefers her human state.

Personality: Evelyn is soft spoken and generally kindly to those around her- but her quiet voice is unusually paired with a fast talking voice that tends to stumble over itself in an effort to keep up with her thought process. She is generally neutral to the beings around her, but harbors a festering hatred for Ulventians (she herself only refers to them as "hellbeasts" or "deformities") and The Lost. She sees impurities all around her, and possesses a strong disdain for all things unclean- both physically and in mental state/morality. This blackness has a tendency to come out in both unnatural cruelty in combat towards them, and the occasional snippets of speech she might impart. Evelyn is eloquent and well informed of the world around her, and her strong sense of justice is more apparent when in combat or fighting for ideals. Despite her appearance, Evelyn is alarmingly quick to fight if provoked- she is a savage combatant, partly due to her odd inability to feel pain.

History: Evelyn was born in the Isle of Outcasts, on its northern face- as were her parents, and her parents before that. The Contemps served as hired repo men and women-if you had a promise to fulfill or money to be repaid, it was them that made sure that you did so, or face the consequences. It was a middle of the pack lifestyle, with no outstanding negatives or positives- and Evelyn despised every moment of it.

She hated the way that she and her family sold themselves to the highest bidder, no matter their ethics. She hated prowling the streets at night in order to terrify some poor old man who just couldn't collect his money in time. She hated the lowly criminals, the filth of the island. And she hated how her and her family's power, when made to kill, made everything so incredibly, disgustingly, messy. As soon as she was able to, Evelyn left her family and the Isle, a mission made possible by letting a con man off easy and accompanying him out of the Isle.

As soon as she reached a destination, Evelyn was off. She ravaged the local libraries, and drank in all the knowledge she could about economics, history, and what little science that made sense in these strange worlds of hers. She hopped from place to place, never staying long, and left a rather impressive trail of broken hearted men and women behind her.

It was all fun and games, until her sharp intake of knowledge synthesized itself in an unexpectedly malevolent way. Abruptly, she felt like she was back on the Isle of Outcasts. Everywhere she stepped, she was suddenly aware of glaring impurities, of criminals and the dregs of society- and she knew she had to fix it.

(WIP with history...Having trouble coming up with the rest of a backstory that explains her personality T_T)

Magic: Evelyn possesses powerful magic- or in this case, curses-pertaining to biological systems, such as the blood and the inner workings of a creature. With this, she is able to suffocate, cause extreme pain, and shift the blood into undesirable areas. If extremely focused, she is able to cause an implosion from within her foe's body.

But Evelyn's natural distaste for her Aetherian form and for all things messy leads her to mostly only use her dagger, which has been cursed over the years to cause amplified agony.

Place of Origin: Isle of Outcasts

Other: Evelyn cannot physically feel pain, but this does not mean that the effects of an injury are not present. This is no magic on her part, and she attributes it to a natural biological defect.
@scryzze

Name: Evelyn Contemp

Race: Aetherian

Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance: Evelyn's human form is of a tall, pallid brunette with cold, thin grey eyes. She exhibits a sickly aura about her, mostly due to her clothing colors of choice- whites, greys, and generally cold colors and hues. Evelyn is fond of human dresses, jewelry and hats- her hat itself is wide brimmed and elegant, with an assortment of pale flowers decorating its figure. She enjoys pearls and diamonds- though she is rarely ever able to obtain them. Evelyn's human state carries no weapons or armor, save for an intricate dagger that she has cursed heavily herself.

Ironically, Evelyn's true Aetherian form is a blood-red feathered creature, with a head resembling a bearded vulture. She sports four, long, deer-like legs and a snaking, heavily feathered tail. Evelyn has two sets of wings, made possible by a size that is titanic even by Aetherian standards. While definitely not the wistful, elegant form most Aetherians are known for, it is undeniable that it has a certain savage gracefulness. Despite the grandeur of her true form, Evelyn much prefers her human state.

Personality: Evelyn is soft spoken and generally kindly to those around her- but her quiet voice is unusually paired with a fast talking voice that tends to stumble over itself in an effort to keep up with her thought process. She is generally neutral to the beings around her, but harbors a festering hatred for Ulventians (she herself only refers to them as "hellbeasts" or "deformities") and The Lost. She sees impurities all around her, and possesses a strong disdain for all things unclean- both physically and in mental state/morality. This blackness has a tendency to come out in both unnatural cruelty in combat towards them, and the occasional snippets of speech she might impart. Evelyn is eloquent and well informed of the world around her, and her strong sense of justice is more apparent when in combat or fighting for ideals. Despite her appearance, Evelyn is alarmingly quick to fight if provoked- she is a savage combatant, partly due to her odd inability to feel pain.

History: Evelyn was born in the Isle of Outcasts, on its northern face- as were her parents, and her parents before that. The Contemps served as hired repo men and women-if you had a promise to fulfill or money to be repaid, it was them that made sure that you did so, or face the consequences. It was a middle of the pack lifestyle, with no outstanding negatives or positives- and Evelyn despised every moment of it.

She hated the way that she and her family sold themselves to the highest bidder, no matter their ethics. She hated prowling the streets at night in order to terrify some poor old man who just couldn't collect his money in time. She hated the lowly criminals, the filth of the island. And she hated how her and her family's power, when made to kill, made everything so incredibly, disgustingly, messy. As soon as she was able to, Evelyn left her family and the Isle, a mission made possible by letting a con man off easy and accompanying him out of the Isle.

As soon as she reached a destination, Evelyn was off. She ravaged the local libraries, and drank in all the knowledge she could about economics, history, and what little science that made sense in these strange worlds of hers. She hopped from place to place, never staying long, and left a rather impressive trail of broken hearted men and women behind her.

It was all fun and games, until her sharp intake of knowledge synthesized itself in an unexpectedly malevolent way. Abruptly, she felt like she was back on the Isle of Outcasts. Everywhere she stepped, she was suddenly aware of glaring impurities, of criminals and the dregs of society- and she knew she had to fix it.

(WIP with history...Having trouble coming up with the rest of a backstory that explains her personality T_T)

Magic: Evelyn possesses powerful magic- or in this case, curses-pertaining to biological systems, such as the blood and the inner workings of a creature. With this, she is able to suffocate, cause extreme pain, and shift the blood into undesirable areas. If extremely focused, she is able to cause an implosion from within her foe's body.

But Evelyn's natural distaste for her Aetherian form and for all things messy leads her to mostly only use her dagger, which has been cursed over the years to cause amplified agony.

Place of Origin: Isle of Outcasts

Other: Evelyn cannot physically feel pain, but this does not mean that the effects of an injury are not present. This is no magic on her part, and she attributes it to a natural biological defect.
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
@Scryzze
((I hope this is okay! I made sure to include some of the extra details that you told me about the Ferens in his appearance. I hope that was okay :3))

Name: Imirha Shadowoak

Race: Feren

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:
Imirha is on the tall side of the height range for a Feren at 8'10" with broad shoulders and a packed with muscle that make him a very formidable sight to behold. Like the others of his kind, he has a short muzzle, tall ears, and two canine teeth that stick out from his lower jaw. His eyes are a very pale chartreuse. However, you will only ever see one of them as his left eye is almost always closed. A deep, ragged scar runs from the inside edge of his brow-line and curves a bit as it goes past his eye and ends high up on his left cheek. If he were to open the eye, what is left of his eye would look clouded over. His skin color is a very dark grey, a trait present primarily in those of his clan. The fur that makes up his mane and is present on his back, tail, cheeks, ears, chin, upper arms, feet, and the backs of his legs is a light tan color. His tail is long and just as muscular as the rest of him. It goes without saying that it would definitely hurt to get hit with it. The dull white of his bony-plates are present on his shoulders, forearms, elbows, knees, and at the base of his tail. His mane has a few braids. Two with feathers, one that is just a simple braid with several beads, and one is fastened at the end with a small metal charm in the shape of a boar. Typically, he doesn't wear any sort of clothing on his torso but he will sometimes at least wear a fur cloak. While shirtless most of the time, he wears a pair of pants made from animal hide and fur, secured around his hips with a dark leather belt. He usually doesn't keep any weapons on him unless he has to. But, if he did, then Imirha would probably go with a very large spear, halberd, or greatsword and carry the weapon in a leather sheath across his back.

Personality:
Imirha can be rather quiet and keep his thoughts to himself. This, combined with his intimidating appearance might give off the feel of a warrior who loves to fight and will find any excuse to do so. However, this is quite incorrect. He is actually a pretty gentle soul and more likely to show you kindness rather than punch you in the face. Don't mistake his kindness for weakness, if you were to try to harm him or someone he cares about, especially someone he cares about, Imirha will have no qualms with going to blows. He is intelligent and craves to learn, eating up every morsel he can find and retaining it. If faced with a problem, he will stop and think about it deeply. Although, often he will not share his thoughts unless specifically asked about them. He does provide good council with his hesitation to speak before he had thought out an answer and his instinct to help others. City do make him a bit uncomfortable as he much prefers time in the great outdoor instead of in such cramped cities. This doesn't mean that he hates having company or people around. Quite the opposite, actually. It's just that he is a bit out of his element in the city.

History:
The Shadowoak tribe's territory expands right up to the border of where Zengen meets Gunza and Imirha grew up in a village near the border. This made seeing those who weren't his species, pretty common for him. His childhood was fairly typical for his kind, learning how to hunt, build, make use of the resources around him, fighting, and so on. That was until one day when Imirha was out searching for a particularly rare herb as a favor for a friend, the normal sounds of the forest were pierced by sharp yells of distress. Concerned, he ran towards the noise only to run straight into someone. Looking down, he saw the terrified face of a human woman looking up at him, pleading for his help. An awful, guttural sound gave him just enough warning to push the woman away before he was tackled by what was the largest boar he had ever seen. The beast tried to maul him, one of its teeth raking across his left eye. A roar of pain echoed from his throat, the sensation spurring him into action. Using his bony plates to prevent himself from taking anymore damage, Imirha finally got his arms in position around the boar's neck and snapped it in one swift motion.

It turned out, that the woman he saved was an aspiring blacksmith in the town just on the other side of the border. Her name was Camilla and she came to visit his village quite often to check to see how his wound was healing. Their conversations were in broken sentences and more than a little awkward but, eventually, the two grew very close. She would teach him things about human life and blacksmithing, even bring him books to read and teach him more of the Common language. He would teach her about different plants and animals as well as tell her stories that had been passed down through his tribe for generations. Camilla even gave him small charm in the shape of a boar that she had made herself. It apparently was made to commemorate their meeting and he happily accepted it. But one day she told him that she was going to mine some top quality ore herself and with it, she could really make a name for herself in the town. They then parted, her saying that she should be back in a week. But a week came and went. Then two weeks. Then a month. Then two months. Camilla never came back to his village or the town after that. One could only assume what had happened to her. But it was as if she simply vanished, like she had never been there at all. Leaving him only with a damaged eye and a small charm, heavily laden with memories.

This was quite the number of years ago now, so Imirha has moved on. Moved on, but not forgotten. While he stopped grieving many years ago, he bittersweet memories do catch him every once in a while.

Magic: None

Place of Origin: Zengen

Other:
- He has a certain fondness for puzzles, riddles, and jokes.
- He speaks the Fener dialect as well as Common.
- Imirha really likes it when you rub behind his ears. Don't tell him I told you.
@Scryzze
((I hope this is okay! I made sure to include some of the extra details that you told me about the Ferens in his appearance. I hope that was okay :3))

Name: Imirha Shadowoak

Race: Feren

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:
Imirha is on the tall side of the height range for a Feren at 8'10" with broad shoulders and a packed with muscle that make him a very formidable sight to behold. Like the others of his kind, he has a short muzzle, tall ears, and two canine teeth that stick out from his lower jaw. His eyes are a very pale chartreuse. However, you will only ever see one of them as his left eye is almost always closed. A deep, ragged scar runs from the inside edge of his brow-line and curves a bit as it goes past his eye and ends high up on his left cheek. If he were to open the eye, what is left of his eye would look clouded over. His skin color is a very dark grey, a trait present primarily in those of his clan. The fur that makes up his mane and is present on his back, tail, cheeks, ears, chin, upper arms, feet, and the backs of his legs is a light tan color. His tail is long and just as muscular as the rest of him. It goes without saying that it would definitely hurt to get hit with it. The dull white of his bony-plates are present on his shoulders, forearms, elbows, knees, and at the base of his tail. His mane has a few braids. Two with feathers, one that is just a simple braid with several beads, and one is fastened at the end with a small metal charm in the shape of a boar. Typically, he doesn't wear any sort of clothing on his torso but he will sometimes at least wear a fur cloak. While shirtless most of the time, he wears a pair of pants made from animal hide and fur, secured around his hips with a dark leather belt. He usually doesn't keep any weapons on him unless he has to. But, if he did, then Imirha would probably go with a very large spear, halberd, or greatsword and carry the weapon in a leather sheath across his back.

Personality:
Imirha can be rather quiet and keep his thoughts to himself. This, combined with his intimidating appearance might give off the feel of a warrior who loves to fight and will find any excuse to do so. However, this is quite incorrect. He is actually a pretty gentle soul and more likely to show you kindness rather than punch you in the face. Don't mistake his kindness for weakness, if you were to try to harm him or someone he cares about, especially someone he cares about, Imirha will have no qualms with going to blows. He is intelligent and craves to learn, eating up every morsel he can find and retaining it. If faced with a problem, he will stop and think about it deeply. Although, often he will not share his thoughts unless specifically asked about them. He does provide good council with his hesitation to speak before he had thought out an answer and his instinct to help others. City do make him a bit uncomfortable as he much prefers time in the great outdoor instead of in such cramped cities. This doesn't mean that he hates having company or people around. Quite the opposite, actually. It's just that he is a bit out of his element in the city.

History:
The Shadowoak tribe's territory expands right up to the border of where Zengen meets Gunza and Imirha grew up in a village near the border. This made seeing those who weren't his species, pretty common for him. His childhood was fairly typical for his kind, learning how to hunt, build, make use of the resources around him, fighting, and so on. That was until one day when Imirha was out searching for a particularly rare herb as a favor for a friend, the normal sounds of the forest were pierced by sharp yells of distress. Concerned, he ran towards the noise only to run straight into someone. Looking down, he saw the terrified face of a human woman looking up at him, pleading for his help. An awful, guttural sound gave him just enough warning to push the woman away before he was tackled by what was the largest boar he had ever seen. The beast tried to maul him, one of its teeth raking across his left eye. A roar of pain echoed from his throat, the sensation spurring him into action. Using his bony plates to prevent himself from taking anymore damage, Imirha finally got his arms in position around the boar's neck and snapped it in one swift motion.

It turned out, that the woman he saved was an aspiring blacksmith in the town just on the other side of the border. Her name was Camilla and she came to visit his village quite often to check to see how his wound was healing. Their conversations were in broken sentences and more than a little awkward but, eventually, the two grew very close. She would teach him things about human life and blacksmithing, even bring him books to read and teach him more of the Common language. He would teach her about different plants and animals as well as tell her stories that had been passed down through his tribe for generations. Camilla even gave him small charm in the shape of a boar that she had made herself. It apparently was made to commemorate their meeting and he happily accepted it. But one day she told him that she was going to mine some top quality ore herself and with it, she could really make a name for herself in the town. They then parted, her saying that she should be back in a week. But a week came and went. Then two weeks. Then a month. Then two months. Camilla never came back to his village or the town after that. One could only assume what had happened to her. But it was as if she simply vanished, like she had never been there at all. Leaving him only with a damaged eye and a small charm, heavily laden with memories.

This was quite the number of years ago now, so Imirha has moved on. Moved on, but not forgotten. While he stopped grieving many years ago, he bittersweet memories do catch him every once in a while.

Magic: None

Place of Origin: Zengen

Other:
- He has a certain fondness for puzzles, riddles, and jokes.
- He speaks the Fener dialect as well as Common.
- Imirha really likes it when you rub behind his ears. Don't tell him I told you.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
@Burnmoon @AbyssRanger

Man I love going to sleep early so I can wake up to amazing things like this. I don't see any issues with either of your guys' characters, so they work perfectly. Putting them with the others!

@DoppelBia @Jenkow @Silverling

So with that, we're officially ready to start this back up again. I do have a question though; would anyone prefer the starter I had already written (this one), or would a different approach be desired?
@Burnmoon @AbyssRanger

Man I love going to sleep early so I can wake up to amazing things like this. I don't see any issues with either of your guys' characters, so they work perfectly. Putting them with the others!

@DoppelBia @Jenkow @Silverling

So with that, we're officially ready to start this back up again. I do have a question though; would anyone prefer the starter I had already written (this one), or would a different approach be desired?
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
I'm fine either way, but I think it'd be best to use what we already have. The scene is set, but still pretty open for Burnmoon and AbyssRanger to drop in... idk I'll go with what you pick. ^-^
I'm fine either way, but I think it'd be best to use what we already have. The scene is set, but still pretty open for Burnmoon and AbyssRanger to drop in... idk I'll go with what you pick. ^-^
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
@scryzze

Awesome! I don't mind jumping in to what you have set up, since it looks like there are only a couple posts. But either way, I'm good with whatever happens
@scryzze

Awesome! I don't mind jumping in to what you have set up, since it looks like there are only a couple posts. But either way, I'm good with whatever happens
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
@Scryzze
Sorry for taking so long to reply! I was out for a lot of today ^^;;. But I don't mind continuing from where you all started since it seems like the three of you only posted once a piece. But I'm fine with whatever is decided :3
@Scryzze
Sorry for taking so long to reply! I was out for a lot of today ^^;;. But I don't mind continuing from where you all started since it seems like the three of you only posted once a piece. But I'm fine with whatever is decided :3
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
@Burnmoon @AbyssRanger @DoppelBia @Jenkow @Silverling

I guess the majority of us have decided on keeping what we have. The ones who haven't posted yet are free to do so now, and we can get this all rolling, hopefully.
@Burnmoon @AbyssRanger @DoppelBia @Jenkow @Silverling

I guess the majority of us have decided on keeping what we have. The ones who haven't posted yet are free to do so now, and we can get this all rolling, hopefully.
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me