Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Injured and The Insane
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 90 91
Ruana listened to the story, setting her mouth into a thin line at the mention of Takumi. Another name to add to the list of those she hadn't saved. She snapped out of her mental filing when Inanis called her name, and she blinked in surprise, sliding out of her chair gracefully and walking over. Her violet eyes zigzagged down his figure, cataloging anything that looked like it might be an injury.

"How are you feeling?" She asked cautiously, hands itching for her medical bag.
Ruana listened to the story, setting her mouth into a thin line at the mention of Takumi. Another name to add to the list of those she hadn't saved. She snapped out of her mental filing when Inanis called her name, and she blinked in surprise, sliding out of her chair gracefully and walking over. Her violet eyes zigzagged down his figure, cataloging anything that looked like it might be an injury.

"How are you feeling?" She asked cautiously, hands itching for her medical bag.
giphy.gif
@DragonLair @DragonSeeker @AviatorShadow @Crookedhalo1109

As the smell of finely spiced meat began drifting from the kitchen, Grog nodded to acknowledge Ulci's words. "It ok. Shiny man home now..." his attention wavered mid sentance as Soul got up and left the room. Grog's head tilted to follow the movement. Soul was smarter, and his quiet displeasure was evident. In that moment it occurred to the ogre that perhaps he had made a mistake. Perhaps he should not have said so much...

"Ruana, I'm awake..."

His momentary worry forgotten, Grog's chair scraped across the hardwood floor as he spun around and flashed Inanis a toothy grin. He was about to get up and ask how the boy felt, but Ruru was already on it. The ogre sat back in his chair, content in the knowledge that his little friend was in the best of hands.

The kitchen door swung open, and Mira reappeared carrying a tray laden with a large tenderloin steak, cooked extra rare. Noting Inanis's recovery, she navigated to Ruana's table and laid out the meal, making sure it would be ready when the healer was. Utinsels, steak plate, a small cup of spiced butter, side of steamed vegetables and a potato, loaded with all the trimmings. Mira crossed them off her mental checklist as she set each one down. Finding all was in order, she took a deep satisfied breath and scanned the common room for refills. Her face fell as she noted Souls absence.
@DragonLair @DragonSeeker @AviatorShadow @Crookedhalo1109

As the smell of finely spiced meat began drifting from the kitchen, Grog nodded to acknowledge Ulci's words. "It ok. Shiny man home now..." his attention wavered mid sentance as Soul got up and left the room. Grog's head tilted to follow the movement. Soul was smarter, and his quiet displeasure was evident. In that moment it occurred to the ogre that perhaps he had made a mistake. Perhaps he should not have said so much...

"Ruana, I'm awake..."

His momentary worry forgotten, Grog's chair scraped across the hardwood floor as he spun around and flashed Inanis a toothy grin. He was about to get up and ask how the boy felt, but Ruru was already on it. The ogre sat back in his chair, content in the knowledge that his little friend was in the best of hands.

The kitchen door swung open, and Mira reappeared carrying a tray laden with a large tenderloin steak, cooked extra rare. Noting Inanis's recovery, she navigated to Ruana's table and laid out the meal, making sure it would be ready when the healer was. Utinsels, steak plate, a small cup of spiced butter, side of steamed vegetables and a potato, loaded with all the trimmings. Mira crossed them off her mental checklist as she set each one down. Finding all was in order, she took a deep satisfied breath and scanned the common room for refills. Her face fell as she noted Souls absence.
Agrina takes another drink from her mug before turning around. She gives Ulci a soft gaze and smiles. "Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with fearing a dragon. And our friends.... He's home now, as Grog said." She rubs the back of her neck carefully, her face twinging as a stitch is tugged. The wound was almost healed, but even then it worried her. Her healing was usually much faster than this. Slowly, she stands and walks over to Inanis. "Hey! You're awake!" She makes sure to not get in the way of the doc, but stands nearby. Ruana asks the question she was about to, so she just slightly pouts and quietly asks Mira for a refill. "I left the mug on the table, sorry."
Agrina takes another drink from her mug before turning around. She gives Ulci a soft gaze and smiles. "Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with fearing a dragon. And our friends.... He's home now, as Grog said." She rubs the back of her neck carefully, her face twinging as a stitch is tugged. The wound was almost healed, but even then it worried her. Her healing was usually much faster than this. Slowly, she stands and walks over to Inanis. "Hey! You're awake!" She makes sure to not get in the way of the doc, but stands nearby. Ruana asks the question she was about to, so she just slightly pouts and quietly asks Mira for a refill. "I left the mug on the table, sorry."
3RvEHPl.png8n44.pngAExAi2N.png
@KitThorne It's okay, I think we're all subbed. I definitely don't mind two pings, tbh.

Inanis smiled. "I feel a lot better, Ruru--" Inanis' face turned bright red, and he immediately began to cover up his mistake. "I MEANT, Ru-Ruana! Ruana, yeah, like yo-your name! Ahahahaaa..." He muttered to himself, slightly shamed. Taking a deep breath, he wiggled his shoulders. "Am I allowed to get up?"

Ulci jumped slightly, watching the one called Soul leave. "Did I upset him? I do apologize..." Strangely enough, years of hiding had ridden Ulci of all empathy and sympathy. He felt most apathetic, if he were to be honest. It wasn't a good feeling. "I can leave if it angers him, he seems to be a leader of sorts in your town, and, as such, I respect his decision." He wished they would dismiss him. And yet, if they did, he could not go back to her, so he felt torn. But something about the dark skinned elf scared him. And fear was not something that he liked. It was a poison that had killed his brothers and sisters, and, ultimately, finished his parents.
He took a sip of the soup, and perked up noticeably. It was the best tasting food he had ever had. Bringing the bowl up, he silently swallowed another mouthful, feeling the warmth flood through his body. It felt good.
@KitThorne It's okay, I think we're all subbed. I definitely don't mind two pings, tbh.

Inanis smiled. "I feel a lot better, Ruru--" Inanis' face turned bright red, and he immediately began to cover up his mistake. "I MEANT, Ru-Ruana! Ruana, yeah, like yo-your name! Ahahahaaa..." He muttered to himself, slightly shamed. Taking a deep breath, he wiggled his shoulders. "Am I allowed to get up?"

Ulci jumped slightly, watching the one called Soul leave. "Did I upset him? I do apologize..." Strangely enough, years of hiding had ridden Ulci of all empathy and sympathy. He felt most apathetic, if he were to be honest. It wasn't a good feeling. "I can leave if it angers him, he seems to be a leader of sorts in your town, and, as such, I respect his decision." He wished they would dismiss him. And yet, if they did, he could not go back to her, so he felt torn. But something about the dark skinned elf scared him. And fear was not something that he liked. It was a poison that had killed his brothers and sisters, and, ultimately, finished his parents.
He took a sip of the soup, and perked up noticeably. It was the best tasting food he had ever had. Bringing the bowl up, he silently swallowed another mouthful, feeling the warmth flood through his body. It felt good.
"We are what we believe we are." - C. S. Lewis

I have found,
Broken Pieces,
All around,
A shattered heart.
(*laughs in a corner* lair he so cuuuuuute~~~~~)

Soul blinked, his head turning slightly as something caught his eye. A white stag had turned and headed into the forest. The sudden movement rendered him suspicious, as to how the deer had managed to avoid attention until the very last second it was visible. Shade's tongue killed out of his gaping jaws. "Is something wrong?"
"No... I just don't remember a white stag roaming the forest..." Soul replied, staring at the spot that the animal was last standing on.
(*laughs in a corner* lair he so cuuuuuute~~~~~)

Soul blinked, his head turning slightly as something caught his eye. A white stag had turned and headed into the forest. The sudden movement rendered him suspicious, as to how the deer had managed to avoid attention until the very last second it was visible. Shade's tongue killed out of his gaping jaws. "Is something wrong?"
"No... I just don't remember a white stag roaming the forest..." Soul replied, staring at the spot that the animal was last standing on.
Toast/Dragon ~ he/xe ~ panromantic demisexual ~ 21+
avid roleplayer ~ just doin my best
attempting at arting ~ i had a void era
cat and snake owner ~ transgender mess
0 hours+ FR time ~ no longer active on the daily- pings usually answered!
"thank you Craig for ratting us out"
Ruana's eyes hardened dangerously at the nickname before returning to normal. She eyed Inanis critically for a few more moments before nodding jerkily. "Slowly" She emphasized, before turning to her bag and digging for something to numb the pain. She finally reemerged with a small bottle full of bright green berries. Tipping a few out into her palm, she held them out for the boy.
Ruana's eyes hardened dangerously at the nickname before returning to normal. She eyed Inanis critically for a few more moments before nodding jerkily. "Slowly" She emphasized, before turning to her bag and digging for something to numb the pain. She finally reemerged with a small bottle full of bright green berries. Tipping a few out into her palm, she held them out for the boy.
giphy.gif
Mira smiled and without another word, spirited the empty mug off to the bar for a refill. She returned to Agrina, offering it up. She made note of the berries Ruana offered and nodded in agreement. "I think they will be gentler if you have something in your belly. Do you feel up to eating something? ...even if its just a roll?" She asked Inanis. After a moment, her eyes flickered back over to the healer, as though silently asking Ruana if the suggestion was the right call.

"No be sorry. It not Animal man, Grog think." The ogre replied to Ulci, waving a dismissive hand. He glanced away from Inanis and caught his new friend devouring his soup with gusto. Grog's face split into a toothy smile. "Seeee... What Grog tell you!" He shook a good natured finger and continued in a sing song voice. "This gooood place to sto-op."
Mira smiled and without another word, spirited the empty mug off to the bar for a refill. She returned to Agrina, offering it up. She made note of the berries Ruana offered and nodded in agreement. "I think they will be gentler if you have something in your belly. Do you feel up to eating something? ...even if its just a roll?" She asked Inanis. After a moment, her eyes flickered back over to the healer, as though silently asking Ruana if the suggestion was the right call.

"No be sorry. It not Animal man, Grog think." The ogre replied to Ulci, waving a dismissive hand. He glanced away from Inanis and caught his new friend devouring his soup with gusto. Grog's face split into a toothy smile. "Seeee... What Grog tell you!" He shook a good natured finger and continued in a sing song voice. "This gooood place to sto-op."
Ruana nodded to Mira. An empty stomach did no good healing, and the medicine would go down better with food in his stomach. Even if he wasn't hungry, she'd encourage him to try to stuff some food down his gullet for the sake of his injuries. Her ears twitched down towards her head at the sound of Grog's singing, which was rather offensive to her sensitive hearing, no offense to the ogre. She shook it off and continued to check over Inanis, glancing back at her steak with something like puppy-dog eyes.
Ruana nodded to Mira. An empty stomach did no good healing, and the medicine would go down better with food in his stomach. Even if he wasn't hungry, she'd encourage him to try to stuff some food down his gullet for the sake of his injuries. Her ears twitched down towards her head at the sound of Grog's singing, which was rather offensive to her sensitive hearing, no offense to the ogre. She shook it off and continued to check over Inanis, glancing back at her steak with something like puppy-dog eyes.
giphy.gif
"Ruana... I'm fine if you want to go eat," Inanis said softly. He paused for a moment and said, "I am kinda hungry, if it's okay." He took the berries from Ruana, his black tipped fingers brushing against the palm of her hand. He stared at the berries for a moment and made a face, glancing from Mira to Ruana. "Something would be good... anything." He glanced at Agrina and smiled. "Hi, Agrina!"

Ulci smiled nervously at the ogre's singing, glancing back and forth, worry filling his eyes. It was terrifying, but, at the same time, it seemed to be a true freewill offering. When Grog finished singing, Ulci clapped slowly and nervously, staring up at the big ogre for a moment. "I am glad my friend was correct in her thinking; she has never wronged me before, and I sincerely doubt her ability to wrong me... now..." He chewed on his bottom lip, wondering what he was supposed to do. "So... I am to understand your name is Grog, and the young lady there is Agrina, but I'm afraid I don't know anyone else's names..." He wasn't sure if it was polite to ask for names, but it seemed like a decent place to start. After all, what was the worst that could happen?
"Ruana... I'm fine if you want to go eat," Inanis said softly. He paused for a moment and said, "I am kinda hungry, if it's okay." He took the berries from Ruana, his black tipped fingers brushing against the palm of her hand. He stared at the berries for a moment and made a face, glancing from Mira to Ruana. "Something would be good... anything." He glanced at Agrina and smiled. "Hi, Agrina!"

Ulci smiled nervously at the ogre's singing, glancing back and forth, worry filling his eyes. It was terrifying, but, at the same time, it seemed to be a true freewill offering. When Grog finished singing, Ulci clapped slowly and nervously, staring up at the big ogre for a moment. "I am glad my friend was correct in her thinking; she has never wronged me before, and I sincerely doubt her ability to wrong me... now..." He chewed on his bottom lip, wondering what he was supposed to do. "So... I am to understand your name is Grog, and the young lady there is Agrina, but I'm afraid I don't know anyone else's names..." He wasn't sure if it was polite to ask for names, but it seemed like a decent place to start. After all, what was the worst that could happen?
"We are what we believe we are." - C. S. Lewis

I have found,
Broken Pieces,
All around,
A shattered heart.
Agrina smiles brightly at Inanis. "Looks like someone finally decided he had enough beauty sleep." She playfully, and very lightly, punches Inanis' good shoulder. Quickly thanking Mira for the mug, she offers up a roll she had brought from her spot on the bar. "Here, if you're hungry. This should settle your appetite until Mira can get you some real food."

When Ulci says her name, she turns to him with a grin. "How rude of us! This is Inanis, Mira is the cook and owner of this tavern," With a quick whisper, she adds, "Best in the next hundred miles if you ask me." Then she continues. "The grumpy elf that walked out is Soul, Ruana is the doc of this place, and... I think I covered everyone..." She glances around and takes a swig of her ale. Her back slightly aches as a shiver crawls down it. This makes her frown, but she says nothing.
Agrina smiles brightly at Inanis. "Looks like someone finally decided he had enough beauty sleep." She playfully, and very lightly, punches Inanis' good shoulder. Quickly thanking Mira for the mug, she offers up a roll she had brought from her spot on the bar. "Here, if you're hungry. This should settle your appetite until Mira can get you some real food."

When Ulci says her name, she turns to him with a grin. "How rude of us! This is Inanis, Mira is the cook and owner of this tavern," With a quick whisper, she adds, "Best in the next hundred miles if you ask me." Then she continues. "The grumpy elf that walked out is Soul, Ruana is the doc of this place, and... I think I covered everyone..." She glances around and takes a swig of her ale. Her back slightly aches as a shiver crawls down it. This makes her frown, but she says nothing.
3RvEHPl.png8n44.pngAExAi2N.png
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 90 91