Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Injured and The Insane
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Ruana inspected Inanis for a moment more before deciding he wasn't going to die if she went to go eat. She turned to go and paused as she was introduced, nodding at Ulci in greeting. She resumed her walk and sat down at her stool again, sniffing at the steak inuisitively before digging in like a wolf. She didn't care for manners, not when she was so hungry, so she paid no mind to her company and focused on sating her hunger as quickly as possible.
Ruana inspected Inanis for a moment more before deciding he wasn't going to die if she went to go eat. She turned to go and paused as she was introduced, nodding at Ulci in greeting. She resumed her walk and sat down at her stool again, sniffing at the steak inuisitively before digging in like a wolf. She didn't care for manners, not when she was so hungry, so she paid no mind to her company and focused on sating her hunger as quickly as possible.
giphy.gif
(MY BAD OH GOSH MY BAD)

Inanis grinned and looked up at Mira. "I don't really feel like eating anything super hot, but if you had a roll I wouldn't mind at all! And I'm super sorry about earlier with Soul, I think Takumi uses my voice sometimes... wow that sounds weird..." It seemed as though Inanis didn't even take a breath, and he grinned a beautiful smile as his eyes twinkled like a set of dark diamonds.

Ulci smiled uneasily, nodding. "I... apologize if I do not remember your names. It has been a while since I have been in the company of so many." He smiled again at Grog, but continued to look slightly concerned. This is what he was supposed to help?

The white stag reappeared in the underbrush, staring directly at Soul. The wind blew through the trees, rustling them until they whispered, "Come..." The stag turned, bending its neck so it could see Soul through the corner of its eyes.
(MY BAD OH GOSH MY BAD)

Inanis grinned and looked up at Mira. "I don't really feel like eating anything super hot, but if you had a roll I wouldn't mind at all! And I'm super sorry about earlier with Soul, I think Takumi uses my voice sometimes... wow that sounds weird..." It seemed as though Inanis didn't even take a breath, and he grinned a beautiful smile as his eyes twinkled like a set of dark diamonds.

Ulci smiled uneasily, nodding. "I... apologize if I do not remember your names. It has been a while since I have been in the company of so many." He smiled again at Grog, but continued to look slightly concerned. This is what he was supposed to help?

The white stag reappeared in the underbrush, staring directly at Soul. The wind blew through the trees, rustling them until they whispered, "Come..." The stag turned, bending its neck so it could see Soul through the corner of its eyes.
"We are what we believe we are." - C. S. Lewis

I have found,
Broken Pieces,
All around,
A shattered heart.
(This will literally never die.)

Soul's head snapped up. The last time he'd listened to the wind, it had told him many things. But, now it was beckoning him to come. At first, he didn't know where, until a white flash caught his eye. The stag.
Now more curious than before about the beast, he slipped off the balcony and away from the town. Shade watched calmly, not willing to move. His master would be fine. He always was.
(This will literally never die.)

Soul's head snapped up. The last time he'd listened to the wind, it had told him many things. But, now it was beckoning him to come. At first, he didn't know where, until a white flash caught his eye. The stag.
Now more curious than before about the beast, he slipped off the balcony and away from the town. Shade watched calmly, not willing to move. His master would be fine. He always was.
Toast/Dragon ~ he/xe ~ panromantic demisexual ~ 21+
avid roleplayer ~ just doin my best
attempting at arting ~ i had a void era
cat and snake owner ~ transgender mess
0 hours+ FR time ~ no longer active on the daily- pings usually answered!
"thank you Craig for ratting us out"
The stag stamped its feet before heading into the forest, deep into the woods. She was flashes of white in the darkness, almost luminescent. She made it to a clearing, large and open, and turned, waiting for Soul to break through the tree line. She pawed gently at the ground before raising her head to the sky. "Home" echoed through the trees as she stared at the glowing, twinkling stars. Her heart moved gently as she looked back at Soul, her eyes bright.
"Thank you," she sighed, the leaves rustling in uniformity as she watched him step into the clearing. She morphed her body into that of a young woman, a sprite, consisting purely of an opalescent white. She smiled a gleaming smile, nodding her head gently towards Soul.
The stag stamped its feet before heading into the forest, deep into the woods. She was flashes of white in the darkness, almost luminescent. She made it to a clearing, large and open, and turned, waiting for Soul to break through the tree line. She pawed gently at the ground before raising her head to the sky. "Home" echoed through the trees as she stared at the glowing, twinkling stars. Her heart moved gently as she looked back at Soul, her eyes bright.
"Thank you," she sighed, the leaves rustling in uniformity as she watched him step into the clearing. She morphed her body into that of a young woman, a sprite, consisting purely of an opalescent white. She smiled a gleaming smile, nodding her head gently towards Soul.

I have found,
Broken Pieces,
All around,
A shattered heart.
Soul paused as he entered the clearing. Well, pure white deer turning into sprites wasn't the strangest thing he'd seen, but it came close. He seemed confused as he spoke. "Should I know you?" Is all that left his mouth. He wasn't quite sure what to say, other than just keep silent and listen, but something urged him to ask. Maybe it was the curiosity from his childhood, coming back now that things had calmed down. Maybe it was just his mind- or demon- playing tricks on him. He'd never know, he supposed.
Soul paused as he entered the clearing. Well, pure white deer turning into sprites wasn't the strangest thing he'd seen, but it came close. He seemed confused as he spoke. "Should I know you?" Is all that left his mouth. He wasn't quite sure what to say, other than just keep silent and listen, but something urged him to ask. Maybe it was the curiosity from his childhood, coming back now that things had calmed down. Maybe it was just his mind- or demon- playing tricks on him. He'd never know, he supposed.
(Imma just keep postin till someone else goes W8 WAT)

"The stars welcome you tonight, son of shadows. They have smiled upon you," The sprite smiled softly and shook her head. "I am Hazte, the White Stag." As if a curtain had been pulled away, the sprite's large antlers and soft doe tail suddenly appeared. White disks floated near her back, almost like wings. "My companion has entered your village in search of Truth. I entrust him to your care..." Her voice was composed of the winds, the water, everything so beautifully natural. And yet, there was something about her voice, it seemed to twinkle like a million stars. "We are few in number, since the Purge of our kind. The stars beckon us home to be with our mother and father once more, but we cannot yet leave. I have seen one of us within your troupe, and request that you keep her safe as well. I do not have the strength to continue looking after my brothers and sisters anymore... A strong darkness has begun once more to blot us out. They wish to snuff out the very light that they take to be their own..." Hazte smiled, the ghostly image of a stellar dragon rising behind her.
"We are a dying race, Son of Shadows. For what little time we have left here, I beg of you to protect us. Soon we will be gone... but not by the hands of those who have bathed in our blood."
(Imma just keep postin till someone else goes W8 WAT)

"The stars welcome you tonight, son of shadows. They have smiled upon you," The sprite smiled softly and shook her head. "I am Hazte, the White Stag." As if a curtain had been pulled away, the sprite's large antlers and soft doe tail suddenly appeared. White disks floated near her back, almost like wings. "My companion has entered your village in search of Truth. I entrust him to your care..." Her voice was composed of the winds, the water, everything so beautifully natural. And yet, there was something about her voice, it seemed to twinkle like a million stars. "We are few in number, since the Purge of our kind. The stars beckon us home to be with our mother and father once more, but we cannot yet leave. I have seen one of us within your troupe, and request that you keep her safe as well. I do not have the strength to continue looking after my brothers and sisters anymore... A strong darkness has begun once more to blot us out. They wish to snuff out the very light that they take to be their own..." Hazte smiled, the ghostly image of a stellar dragon rising behind her.
"We are a dying race, Son of Shadows. For what little time we have left here, I beg of you to protect us. Soon we will be gone... but not by the hands of those who have bathed in our blood."

I have found,
Broken Pieces,
All around,
A shattered heart.
Soul paused, listening carefully. He'd heard legends and tales of the various creatures that descended from the stars. The heavens. He was rather startled at Hatze's request, but dipped his head. She wasn't joking. Neither was he.
"I'll do everything in my power to keep them from harm." He replied, his face solemn. His eyes spoke only truth, and his lips pursed in a determined way. "May you rest knowing that your brother and sister are protected as they walk this ground."

He may have been half drow, descended from the wretched race that longed for other races to be dead, but he was not without honor. He kept a promise he intended to keep. He saw it to the end- be it his own demise or the passing his charges- and he made sure it would be fulfilled.

Soul dipped his head once again. "Shall I keep my task secret?" He questioned, meeting Harze's gaze with his own, unflinching stare. Something of respect lingered in his red eyes as he watched her. Almost something of a distant memory.
Soul paused, listening carefully. He'd heard legends and tales of the various creatures that descended from the stars. The heavens. He was rather startled at Hatze's request, but dipped his head. She wasn't joking. Neither was he.
"I'll do everything in my power to keep them from harm." He replied, his face solemn. His eyes spoke only truth, and his lips pursed in a determined way. "May you rest knowing that your brother and sister are protected as they walk this ground."

He may have been half drow, descended from the wretched race that longed for other races to be dead, but he was not without honor. He kept a promise he intended to keep. He saw it to the end- be it his own demise or the passing his charges- and he made sure it would be fulfilled.

Soul dipped his head once again. "Shall I keep my task secret?" He questioned, meeting Harze's gaze with his own, unflinching stare. Something of respect lingered in his red eyes as he watched her. Almost something of a distant memory.
(WAIT WAT)

Suddenly, Adrina's breath hitched. Her eyes widen and she gazes around. This feeling.... it wasn't from Inanis... No.... it was more familiar..... And yet it was new. One thought races across her mind, and she almost loses it.

Another Star Dragon....

In an instant, she races out the same way Soul did and launches off the balcony. The feeling, the thought of something else like her being out there.... Maybe she could get answers, find a way to restore the memories she never knew she lost. Her back howls in pain, but she ignores it. It only hurt because the stitches were in the way of the healing now. Maybe she should have had Ruana take them out before..... Oh well... The thought of confronting the doc now, however scary it was, didn't distract the girl from her goal.

(i almost... aaaalmost put goat instead of goal)
(WAIT WAT)

Suddenly, Adrina's breath hitched. Her eyes widen and she gazes around. This feeling.... it wasn't from Inanis... No.... it was more familiar..... And yet it was new. One thought races across her mind, and she almost loses it.

Another Star Dragon....

In an instant, she races out the same way Soul did and launches off the balcony. The feeling, the thought of something else like her being out there.... Maybe she could get answers, find a way to restore the memories she never knew she lost. Her back howls in pain, but she ignores it. It only hurt because the stitches were in the way of the healing now. Maybe she should have had Ruana take them out before..... Oh well... The thought of confronting the doc now, however scary it was, didn't distract the girl from her goal.

(i almost... aaaalmost put goat instead of goal)
3RvEHPl.png8n44.pngAExAi2N.png
((Sorry this had taken so long))

"You can have all the rolls you want my dear Inanis." Enjoying the pleasant hum of voices, and the overall contentment of those under her roof, Mira practically skipped back into the kitchen. She returned shortly with a glass of lemon water, a basket of soft rolls and a dish of honey-butter. "You'll have to try them with the topping." She told Inanis as she set a small plate and a butter knife down on the table. "It's got butter, elvish honey, and just the tiniest hint of cinnamon."
About to leave him to it, she paused. What if he was so new to this world that he didn't know how? On impulse, she split a roll and buttered it for him, setting it back on the plate. "Let me know if you want to try something else ok?"

Grog watched his new friend intently between slurps of soup, as if his mind were puzzling through a great mystery. "It ok. Grog same way... no good at names." He paused and tilted the soup bowl back at a dangerous angle, devouring the rest of the soup in one gulp. He belched loudly and then plunked the empty bowl down on the table. "If name tricky or hard to stick..." The ogre tapped his forehead to demonstrate, "Grog call friends by right words. Like Animal Man...."

His words trailed off into nothingness as he watched Agrina bolt out the tavern door. The last time this happened, bad things were afoot. The ogre growled and then stood, rising to his full height, his bald head nearly scraping the beams which arched across the common room to support the second floor.

Grog glanced at Mira. The two of them exchanged a look, and though no words passed between them, the ogre nodded, and lumbered out the door.
((Sorry this had taken so long))

"You can have all the rolls you want my dear Inanis." Enjoying the pleasant hum of voices, and the overall contentment of those under her roof, Mira practically skipped back into the kitchen. She returned shortly with a glass of lemon water, a basket of soft rolls and a dish of honey-butter. "You'll have to try them with the topping." She told Inanis as she set a small plate and a butter knife down on the table. "It's got butter, elvish honey, and just the tiniest hint of cinnamon."
About to leave him to it, she paused. What if he was so new to this world that he didn't know how? On impulse, she split a roll and buttered it for him, setting it back on the plate. "Let me know if you want to try something else ok?"

Grog watched his new friend intently between slurps of soup, as if his mind were puzzling through a great mystery. "It ok. Grog same way... no good at names." He paused and tilted the soup bowl back at a dangerous angle, devouring the rest of the soup in one gulp. He belched loudly and then plunked the empty bowl down on the table. "If name tricky or hard to stick..." The ogre tapped his forehead to demonstrate, "Grog call friends by right words. Like Animal Man...."

His words trailed off into nothingness as he watched Agrina bolt out the tavern door. The last time this happened, bad things were afoot. The ogre growled and then stood, rising to his full height, his bald head nearly scraping the beams which arched across the common room to support the second floor.

Grog glanced at Mira. The two of them exchanged a look, and though no words passed between them, the ogre nodded, and lumbered out the door.
((*takes a deep breath* BOIIIII I love grog so much. He's my new fave I'm sorry dergseeker... Soul got dethroned.... Grog is my favorite character rn XD))
((*takes a deep breath* BOIIIII I love grog so much. He's my new fave I'm sorry dergseeker... Soul got dethroned.... Grog is my favorite character rn XD))
3RvEHPl.png8n44.pngAExAi2N.png
1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91