Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Forgotten Catacombs [SU RP]
1 2
[center][b]We are not accepting new members at this time.[/b] Pinglist- @StarlitLion @Seiko @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes [b]This is the actual roleplay thread.[/b] The OOC chat/set-up thread is [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1902614/1][Here!][/url][/center] ----- [quote= Rules]- [b]RP basics apply.[/b] This means no controlling others’ characters without explicit permission, god-modding, or having your characters know things they shouldn’t. - Remember, [b]the other player decides if they are hit by an attack, not you[/b] (This doesn’t apply to NPCs). That being said, be reasonable about what does and doesn’t hit your characters! When in doubt, it never hurts to ask the other person/people if they wanted something specific to happen! - [b]Keep responses at least a paragraph long.[/b] Exceptions can be made for faster paced action/dialogue sequences, but try to avoid 1-or-2-liners. - Grammar and spelling don’t need to be perfect (mistakes happen!), but [b]make sure your posts are easily understood.[/b] Proofreading something once or twice is always a good idea! - [b]Out of character conversation should be indicated somehow[/b] ((Kind of like this)). You can also post in the OOC thread. - Keep romance and violence PG-13. - [b]Be respectful of other players at all times.[/b] This is important! [/quote]
We are not accepting new members at this time.

Pinglist-

@StarlitLion @Seiko @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes

This is the actual roleplay thread. The OOC chat/set-up thread is [Here!]

Rules wrote:
- RP basics apply. This means no controlling others’ characters without explicit permission, god-modding, or having your characters know things they shouldn’t.
- Remember, the other player decides if they are hit by an attack, not you (This doesn’t apply to NPCs). That being said, be reasonable about what does and doesn’t hit your characters! When in doubt, it never hurts to ask the other person/people if they wanted something specific to happen!
- Keep responses at least a paragraph long. Exceptions can be made for faster paced action/dialogue sequences, but try to avoid 1-or-2-liners.
- Grammar and spelling don’t need to be perfect (mistakes happen!), but make sure your posts are easily understood. Proofreading something once or twice is always a good idea!
- Out of character conversation should be indicated somehow ((Kind of like this)). You can also post in the OOC thread.
- Keep romance and violence PG-13.
- Be respectful of other players at all times. This is important!
A grey, octahedral stone floated into the air and began to glow. The light around it flickered through a few shapes and hardened, taking the form of a small but sturdy Gem in loose-fitting clothing. As soon as her feet touched the ground she was in a defensive stance, scanning the room around her.

The space was dungeon-like. Musty and torchlit, with rough stone walls and packed dirt floor. She suspected there was more stone underneath the soil as to prevent tunneling. This was some sort of prison, after all. Why else would there be rusted metal grates along each wall, dividing the room into cells? She crept to the front of the cell she was in and tugged at the grate, winding her fingers through the square holes. It was iron, but much too strong to hope to pull open. Not to mention that the openings were much too small for any Gem’s stone to fit through; it was a crude but effective way of containing Gem prisoners despite their shapeshifting abilities.

She and her partner must have been brought here after they had gotten poofed by those armored… things. A jolt of indignation shot through her. They had been caught off-guard. If it had been a real fight she and Kyanite would have… Kyanite. Where was she? The Grey gem’s anger turned to panic. She looked up and down the cell she was in, but didn’t see anyone that was the right shade of blue.

“Kyanite!” She hissed loudly, pressing her face to the grate in an attempt to see into any of the other three cells. Calling attention to herself was not one of her immediate worries.
A grey, octahedral stone floated into the air and began to glow. The light around it flickered through a few shapes and hardened, taking the form of a small but sturdy Gem in loose-fitting clothing. As soon as her feet touched the ground she was in a defensive stance, scanning the room around her.

The space was dungeon-like. Musty and torchlit, with rough stone walls and packed dirt floor. She suspected there was more stone underneath the soil as to prevent tunneling. This was some sort of prison, after all. Why else would there be rusted metal grates along each wall, dividing the room into cells? She crept to the front of the cell she was in and tugged at the grate, winding her fingers through the square holes. It was iron, but much too strong to hope to pull open. Not to mention that the openings were much too small for any Gem’s stone to fit through; it was a crude but effective way of containing Gem prisoners despite their shapeshifting abilities.

She and her partner must have been brought here after they had gotten poofed by those armored… things. A jolt of indignation shot through her. They had been caught off-guard. If it had been a real fight she and Kyanite would have… Kyanite. Where was she? The Grey gem’s anger turned to panic. She looked up and down the cell she was in, but didn’t see anyone that was the right shade of blue.

“Kyanite!” She hissed loudly, pressing her face to the grate in an attempt to see into any of the other three cells. Calling attention to herself was not one of her immediate worries.
@StarlitLion
@Seiko
@Toriel
@Alpine
@ Aretimes
(( Ahhh, my posts normally aren't this short </3))

* Blue Sandstone *

She shifted, and her eyes fluttered open, hearing a noise near by. Sounded... roughly across the room. Picking herself up from the floor, the blue hued Gem put a hand on the grate that allowed her to see out.

Kyanite... that was a name she'd never heard before. She blinked, tilting her head as she stood up a little. "There's another one...?" she mumbled.

Blue remembered being here for... a little while, anyway. She'd been scouting around, and something just... hit her in the back. Then, she regenerated in here. There were more Gems here, but they were all quiet. Just like her. What... what had even happened?

"... Hello?" the Sandstone called out, keeping her voice at a low enough level to be heard by the other being. "I'm not the one you're looking for," she added, somewhat dejectedly. "But, I am some company..."
@StarlitLion
@Seiko
@Toriel
@Alpine
@ Aretimes
(( Ahhh, my posts normally aren't this short </3))

* Blue Sandstone *

She shifted, and her eyes fluttered open, hearing a noise near by. Sounded... roughly across the room. Picking herself up from the floor, the blue hued Gem put a hand on the grate that allowed her to see out.

Kyanite... that was a name she'd never heard before. She blinked, tilting her head as she stood up a little. "There's another one...?" she mumbled.

Blue remembered being here for... a little while, anyway. She'd been scouting around, and something just... hit her in the back. Then, she regenerated in here. There were more Gems here, but they were all quiet. Just like her. What... what had even happened?

"... Hello?" the Sandstone called out, keeping her voice at a low enough level to be heard by the other being. "I'm not the one you're looking for," she added, somewhat dejectedly. "But, I am some company..."
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
@StarlitLion @Seiko @Toriel @Aretimes

((So hyped for this!!))

ONYX

The last thing Onyx remembered was darkness. Complete, utter darkness. A swallowing inky, sticky blackness that choked him.

He didn't 'poof' like a normal gem, so whatever caught him had to drag him back to the cell. It wasn't the best option, it wasn't the best resolution for that thing, but at least Onyx was light-weight.

Onyx's head lolled to the side, the surrounding area turning to a lighter shade of gray. His dark eyes glanced around the room, a certain numbness to his limbs. He realized he couldn't breathe, and felt like he was choking again.

And then, he could breathe. Onyx jolted forward, taking in long gasps of air. He held his hand over his gem, feeling it to see if it was fractured. It wasn't, thank goodness, but he had other things to worry about now.

"Where am I?" Onyx got to his feet. He realized the bars were too high up for him, so he had to deal with a certain blindness to the outside world. "Oh come on.." He muttered in frustration, looking around for something to use as a stepstool. He found an old barrel and pushed it over to the door.

It was the perfect height.. At least when he was on his tip-toes. He peered through the grate, noticing the torches in the halls. He stuck his hand through, but it was far too narrow to fit his gem comfortably... Well, if he could regress into his gem.

Onyx heard voices. "Great, there's others around here." He eavesdropped on the conversation. Apparently, some gem was looking for another named Kyanite. There was a difference in voices, so there were two gems. Possibly more, due to the multiple cells. He pulled his hand back into the cell and tugged at the iron bars. Too strong, especially for his weak figure. "Just ducky, so I'm stuck here for how long?" Onyx hung his head, tapping his YD choker. Would he get out of here, and how?

AQUAMARINE

(I am assuming all the gems are in the cells?)

It was uncomfortable to be trapped in your permanent fusion, never able to separate and be your own gem again.

It was even more uncomfortable when your regressed to your singular gem form, no body structure to hold together. It was tight, cramped, and the argument continued in there.

"BERYL YOU IMBECILE YOU LET US GET FORCED INTO OUR GEM!"

"Heliodor it isn't my fault. You were supposed to be keeping an ear out for any suspicious activities behind us. Please do apologize."

"BERYL ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Your kidding me.. Right!? Great! So this is now MY fault because I was supposed to be on hearing duty? We don't have a schedule for this!"

"I do."

"YOU HAVE A SCHEDULE FOR EVERYTHING!"

"Will you please calm yourself? We're regenerating if you haven't noticed."

Aquamarine glanced around the dimly lit room. She stretched her four arms before standing and crouching to peer through the iron grate. She used her four arms to grip the four bars, and pulled harshly. It creaked a little, but didn't budge.

"Just lovely." Aquamarine muttered dejectedly. She heard voices, coming from other cells. Apparently, the thing had captured more than one of them. A gem was looking for a Kyanite. Wonderful. She could make some allies.

Except, Aquamarine had other things on her mind than making allies. Was this Yellow Diamond's doing? Was this the end?

"No. I'm succumbing to the fear." Aquamarine growled as she kicked the door angrily, but it wasn't her full strength. She brushed up her bangs, her seven eyes glaring down the hallways. "I'm finding a way out of here with or without you Heliodor." She growled.

((So hyped for this!!))

ONYX

The last thing Onyx remembered was darkness. Complete, utter darkness. A swallowing inky, sticky blackness that choked him.

He didn't 'poof' like a normal gem, so whatever caught him had to drag him back to the cell. It wasn't the best option, it wasn't the best resolution for that thing, but at least Onyx was light-weight.

Onyx's head lolled to the side, the surrounding area turning to a lighter shade of gray. His dark eyes glanced around the room, a certain numbness to his limbs. He realized he couldn't breathe, and felt like he was choking again.

And then, he could breathe. Onyx jolted forward, taking in long gasps of air. He held his hand over his gem, feeling it to see if it was fractured. It wasn't, thank goodness, but he had other things to worry about now.

"Where am I?" Onyx got to his feet. He realized the bars were too high up for him, so he had to deal with a certain blindness to the outside world. "Oh come on.." He muttered in frustration, looking around for something to use as a stepstool. He found an old barrel and pushed it over to the door.

It was the perfect height.. At least when he was on his tip-toes. He peered through the grate, noticing the torches in the halls. He stuck his hand through, but it was far too narrow to fit his gem comfortably... Well, if he could regress into his gem.

Onyx heard voices. "Great, there's others around here." He eavesdropped on the conversation. Apparently, some gem was looking for another named Kyanite. There was a difference in voices, so there were two gems. Possibly more, due to the multiple cells. He pulled his hand back into the cell and tugged at the iron bars. Too strong, especially for his weak figure. "Just ducky, so I'm stuck here for how long?" Onyx hung his head, tapping his YD choker. Would he get out of here, and how?

AQUAMARINE

(I am assuming all the gems are in the cells?)

It was uncomfortable to be trapped in your permanent fusion, never able to separate and be your own gem again.

It was even more uncomfortable when your regressed to your singular gem form, no body structure to hold together. It was tight, cramped, and the argument continued in there.

"BERYL YOU IMBECILE YOU LET US GET FORCED INTO OUR GEM!"

"Heliodor it isn't my fault. You were supposed to be keeping an ear out for any suspicious activities behind us. Please do apologize."

"BERYL ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Your kidding me.. Right!? Great! So this is now MY fault because I was supposed to be on hearing duty? We don't have a schedule for this!"

"I do."

"YOU HAVE A SCHEDULE FOR EVERYTHING!"

"Will you please calm yourself? We're regenerating if you haven't noticed."

Aquamarine glanced around the dimly lit room. She stretched her four arms before standing and crouching to peer through the iron grate. She used her four arms to grip the four bars, and pulled harshly. It creaked a little, but didn't budge.

"Just lovely." Aquamarine muttered dejectedly. She heard voices, coming from other cells. Apparently, the thing had captured more than one of them. A gem was looking for a Kyanite. Wonderful. She could make some allies.

Except, Aquamarine had other things on her mind than making allies. Was this Yellow Diamond's doing? Was this the end?

"No. I'm succumbing to the fear." Aquamarine growled as she kicked the door angrily, but it wasn't her full strength. She brushed up her bangs, her seven eyes glaring down the hallways. "I'm finding a way out of here with or without you Heliodor." She growled.
@ StarlitLion @Seiko @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes

((I mentioned in the other thread and probably should have pinged everyone but yes- everyone is in cells along the sides of the room. There can be multiple characters in each cell ^^;))

Magnetite

Magnetite heard Aquamarine's slight murmurings and strained to see into the cells other than the one across from her, but ultimately couldn't. Not in any useful capacity, anyways. She looked the dark blue Gem across from her up and down. Usually she would be hesitant to divulge information to a stranger but she needed to know if her friend was here. Or at least in one piece.

"Is there a light blue Gem over there? That hasn't regenerated yet? Her gem is tall and spindly... With 3 prongs," she held up three fingers to indicate.

Kyanite

"Oh stars, is Maggy talking about me behind my back again?" A short Gem whispered. The stone on her forehead matched Magnetite's description, meaning she was likely the aforementioned Kyanite. She had just regenerated as well, and hadn't quite caught her partner's initial call. Or maybe she had, and was just seeing how long she could draw this out for.

She took a few steps forward, stopping next to Onyx and running one of her gloved hands up and down the wall. She reached up and felt the cross-hatch of iron bars. "Oh man. This is just grate..." She said, breaking into a smile but still keeping her voice low.

((I mentioned in the other thread and probably should have pinged everyone but yes- everyone is in cells along the sides of the room. There can be multiple characters in each cell ^^;))

Magnetite

Magnetite heard Aquamarine's slight murmurings and strained to see into the cells other than the one across from her, but ultimately couldn't. Not in any useful capacity, anyways. She looked the dark blue Gem across from her up and down. Usually she would be hesitant to divulge information to a stranger but she needed to know if her friend was here. Or at least in one piece.

"Is there a light blue Gem over there? That hasn't regenerated yet? Her gem is tall and spindly... With 3 prongs," she held up three fingers to indicate.

Kyanite

"Oh stars, is Maggy talking about me behind my back again?" A short Gem whispered. The stone on her forehead matched Magnetite's description, meaning she was likely the aforementioned Kyanite. She had just regenerated as well, and hadn't quite caught her partner's initial call. Or maybe she had, and was just seeing how long she could draw this out for.

She took a few steps forward, stopping next to Onyx and running one of her gloved hands up and down the wall. She reached up and felt the cross-hatch of iron bars. "Oh man. This is just grate..." She said, breaking into a smile but still keeping her voice low.
@StarlitLion @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes

((sorry can't post much right now D: a little sick rn so apologies!!))

Chrysoprase

The light green gem lifted her head, expecting to open her eyes and be greeted with lush green, and large trees. Instead, she found herself in a cold and dark cell. She heard people talking outside of her own cell, and looked around, trying to pinpoint exactly where the voices where coming from. It was hard to judge things, seeing as her eye had not adjusted to the darkness yet.

She got to her feet, and stumbled a little bit, trying to find the bars. She felt her hands touch cold metal, and she clasped the bars hard. "U-um, can anyone hear me?" she called, looking around to see if she could see anyone.
Kunzite

Kunzite sat in their cell, listening to everyone talk back and forth. They had been awake for a while now, observing their surroundings. This was a normal thing for them, assessing and calculating where they were... and all they could assess was that they were in a cell. And they had no idea why they were here.
@StarlitLion @Toriel @Alpine @Aretimes

((sorry can't post much right now D: a little sick rn so apologies!!))

Chrysoprase

The light green gem lifted her head, expecting to open her eyes and be greeted with lush green, and large trees. Instead, she found herself in a cold and dark cell. She heard people talking outside of her own cell, and looked around, trying to pinpoint exactly where the voices where coming from. It was hard to judge things, seeing as her eye had not adjusted to the darkness yet.

She got to her feet, and stumbled a little bit, trying to find the bars. She felt her hands touch cold metal, and she clasped the bars hard. "U-um, can anyone hear me?" she called, looking around to see if she could see anyone.
Kunzite

Kunzite sat in their cell, listening to everyone talk back and forth. They had been awake for a while now, observing their surroundings. This was a normal thing for them, assessing and calculating where they were... and all they could assess was that they were in a cell. And they had no idea why they were here.

Turquoise regenerated with a quiet flash of light and looked around. They were in a small cell, but they’d expected that: what they hadn’t expected was that they could hear three, perhaps four gems nearby, talking in the hushed, agitated whispers of gems who had never actually been imprisoned before.

"U-um, can anyone hear me?" the clearest of them squeaked from their left, so close that Turquoise could hear them as if they were gem-to-gem.

The voice was high-pitched, and the hands grasping at the bars were a pale green - a Chrysoprase or Larimar, if Turquoise had to guess. No-one they recognised. Nothing important. The murmurs continued all around them, fading in and out.

Turquoise had been escorting Sapphire off the twenty-sixth Homeworld Kindergarten - a small affair compared to the first colonies, but nevertheless industriously producing Quartz soldiers at twenty-six gems on average per solar cycle - after a meeting with Blue Diamond’s diplomats at the Sea Spire.

Sapphire had seemed upset about the things they'd seen. Turquoise flicked on their goggles and confirmed what they'd already known: they weren't in any of the Homeworld cells. They sent a pulse into the walls, which flickered after a few blocks and faded out. Unstable network connection. They'd need to get to a terminal to find out more.

"This is all very well and good," they said, bracing their hands against the wall and projecting their voice beyond the vent so that they would be clearly heard, "but does anyone know where we are?"

Turquoise regenerated with a quiet flash of light and looked around. They were in a small cell, but they’d expected that: what they hadn’t expected was that they could hear three, perhaps four gems nearby, talking in the hushed, agitated whispers of gems who had never actually been imprisoned before.

"U-um, can anyone hear me?" the clearest of them squeaked from their left, so close that Turquoise could hear them as if they were gem-to-gem.

The voice was high-pitched, and the hands grasping at the bars were a pale green - a Chrysoprase or Larimar, if Turquoise had to guess. No-one they recognised. Nothing important. The murmurs continued all around them, fading in and out.

Turquoise had been escorting Sapphire off the twenty-sixth Homeworld Kindergarten - a small affair compared to the first colonies, but nevertheless industriously producing Quartz soldiers at twenty-six gems on average per solar cycle - after a meeting with Blue Diamond’s diplomats at the Sea Spire.

Sapphire had seemed upset about the things they'd seen. Turquoise flicked on their goggles and confirmed what they'd already known: they weren't in any of the Homeworld cells. They sent a pulse into the walls, which flickered after a few blocks and faded out. Unstable network connection. They'd need to get to a terminal to find out more.

"This is all very well and good," they said, bracing their hands against the wall and projecting their voice beyond the vent so that they would be clearly heard, "but does anyone know where we are?"
gM1MTf9.png

ONYX

Onyx turned to look at the short gem beside him. He was a little bit surprised, as should be expected- he hadn't known anyone else was in this dank cell with him. He jumped off the barrel, and started examining the walls. There had to be a way out of here... He heard the other gem's pun and groaned.

"This is not the time to be joking around." Onyx growled.

After at least ten minutes of poking at the walls, Onyx gave a frustrated sigh and leaned against the stone wall. He pinched his temples and murmured how ridiculous the situation was.

Onyx heard other voices, which made him a little more uncomfortable.

"There's a gem in here.. They fit your description." Onyx climbed onto the barrel again and peered out the grate. He waved his arm out of the grate to signal where he was. Was that a smart move?

AQUAMARINE

"Huwhat?" Aquamarine looked at the gem across from her. How ridiculous she had been! She had skipped introductions!

"Well I can tell you're not looking for me in particular, though I am a lighter blue gem. A spindle-shaped gem? Ummmmmmm.." She craned her head to look at the other cells. She saw a hand waving.

"Oh well it appears someone has your friend in their company." Aquamarine gave a short smile before peering down the hallway. It was dimly lit with torches, clearly made of stone. There wasn't a usual hum of electronics- which was interesting.

"We need to find a way out of here." Aquamarine declared, kicking at her door firmly once more.

ONYX

Onyx turned to look at the short gem beside him. He was a little bit surprised, as should be expected- he hadn't known anyone else was in this dank cell with him. He jumped off the barrel, and started examining the walls. There had to be a way out of here... He heard the other gem's pun and groaned.

"This is not the time to be joking around." Onyx growled.

After at least ten minutes of poking at the walls, Onyx gave a frustrated sigh and leaned against the stone wall. He pinched his temples and murmured how ridiculous the situation was.

Onyx heard other voices, which made him a little more uncomfortable.

"There's a gem in here.. They fit your description." Onyx climbed onto the barrel again and peered out the grate. He waved his arm out of the grate to signal where he was. Was that a smart move?

AQUAMARINE

"Huwhat?" Aquamarine looked at the gem across from her. How ridiculous she had been! She had skipped introductions!

"Well I can tell you're not looking for me in particular, though I am a lighter blue gem. A spindle-shaped gem? Ummmmmmm.." She craned her head to look at the other cells. She saw a hand waving.

"Oh well it appears someone has your friend in their company." Aquamarine gave a short smile before peering down the hallway. It was dimly lit with torches, clearly made of stone. There wasn't a usual hum of electronics- which was interesting.

"We need to find a way out of here." Aquamarine declared, kicking at her door firmly once more.

((sorry this took so long... I kept getting pulled away))

Kyanite

Kyanite heard the Gem next to her jump down from something and start to walk around the space they were in. He must have been standing on something- that would explain the small creaking noises she had heard initially.

“There’s nothing wrong with having a little fun,” She responded, still inspecting the metal bars. They went up higher than she could reach, probably all the way up to the ceiling. what would be the point of them otherwise? The jailor has been jailed… she thought, serious but still appreciative of the irony. “Don’t tell me I’m stuck with someone else that has no sense of humor.”

The other Gem was walking around slowly behind her, most likely inspecting the rest of their prison. She should probably do that as well, shouldn’t she? Kyanite turned towards the sound of footsteps and held out her hands sending a small pulse of energy outwards. It was barely perceptible to anyone but her; if anything they might feel a slight disturbance in the air, not unlike a light breeze. Kyanite herself could feel where parts of the thin field bumped up against things and stopped. She gathered that the room they were in was fairly small, and solid on the three sides she was facing. There was only one other Gem, now standing close to the back wall. They were definitely taller than her, but not extremely so.

She heard them head back towards her, clamber back onto whatever object they had been standing on before, and point her out to Magnetite.

She stuck her fingers through the grate and wiggled them, “Yup, here I am. Better luck on getting rid of me next time!”

Magnetite

Magnetite looked to Aquamarine and followed her gaze. She breathed a small sigh of relief when she heard her friend’s voice. She glanced briefly at Aquamarine and Blue Sandstone, her cheeks flushing slightly umber. She turned her head, clearly hiding her embarrassment at having been so worried in front of everyone.

“You should have said something sooner,” She told Kyanite tersely.

She gave another sidelong glance. There was no way to talk to Kyanite without them and however many other Gems that were nearby hearing as well. She would effectively have to let them all in on anything she wanted to tell her partner… Great… She huffed internally. This wasn’t something extremely sensitive though, so she might as well throw it out there.

“I can tell we’re pretty far underground. And far away from… where Kyanite and I were before. I don’t even recognize the magnetic field here...” She said, "I'd need a map to figure out where we are. I don't think we're in Crystal Gem controlled territory any more."
((sorry this took so long... I kept getting pulled away))

Kyanite

Kyanite heard the Gem next to her jump down from something and start to walk around the space they were in. He must have been standing on something- that would explain the small creaking noises she had heard initially.

“There’s nothing wrong with having a little fun,” She responded, still inspecting the metal bars. They went up higher than she could reach, probably all the way up to the ceiling. what would be the point of them otherwise? The jailor has been jailed… she thought, serious but still appreciative of the irony. “Don’t tell me I’m stuck with someone else that has no sense of humor.”

The other Gem was walking around slowly behind her, most likely inspecting the rest of their prison. She should probably do that as well, shouldn’t she? Kyanite turned towards the sound of footsteps and held out her hands sending a small pulse of energy outwards. It was barely perceptible to anyone but her; if anything they might feel a slight disturbance in the air, not unlike a light breeze. Kyanite herself could feel where parts of the thin field bumped up against things and stopped. She gathered that the room they were in was fairly small, and solid on the three sides she was facing. There was only one other Gem, now standing close to the back wall. They were definitely taller than her, but not extremely so.

She heard them head back towards her, clamber back onto whatever object they had been standing on before, and point her out to Magnetite.

She stuck her fingers through the grate and wiggled them, “Yup, here I am. Better luck on getting rid of me next time!”

Magnetite

Magnetite looked to Aquamarine and followed her gaze. She breathed a small sigh of relief when she heard her friend’s voice. She glanced briefly at Aquamarine and Blue Sandstone, her cheeks flushing slightly umber. She turned her head, clearly hiding her embarrassment at having been so worried in front of everyone.

“You should have said something sooner,” She told Kyanite tersely.

She gave another sidelong glance. There was no way to talk to Kyanite without them and however many other Gems that were nearby hearing as well. She would effectively have to let them all in on anything she wanted to tell her partner… Great… She huffed internally. This wasn’t something extremely sensitive though, so she might as well throw it out there.

“I can tell we’re pretty far underground. And far away from… where Kyanite and I were before. I don’t even recognize the magnetic field here...” She said, "I'd need a map to figure out where we are. I don't think we're in Crystal Gem controlled territory any more."

"No one's answering." Turquoise muttered to themselves. "Alright, then."

Think, Turquoise. How would their instructor solve this question?

A test, maybe. A simulation. A sonorous voice proclaiming: gems will only survive through cooperation.

Turquoise turned to the other gem in the cell. Sandstones weren't rare, but they were front-line soldiers and rarely ventured from their barracks alone. Turquoise had only ever encountered them in conjunction with their mission, and had never actually talked to one before.

It was the traditional divide between specialist and warrior gems, with each considering their role superior to the other. Turquoise had never thought much about it, but then again this Sandstone had barely spoken since they'd regenerated.

Perhaps they felt intimidated? It was even possible that this Sandstone had never seen a Turquoise before. A shame.

"Can you tell how thick that wall is?" they said, pacing over. "I know either of us can break it, but that's no use if there's a bomb set to go off."

"No one's answering." Turquoise muttered to themselves. "Alright, then."

Think, Turquoise. How would their instructor solve this question?

A test, maybe. A simulation. A sonorous voice proclaiming: gems will only survive through cooperation.

Turquoise turned to the other gem in the cell. Sandstones weren't rare, but they were front-line soldiers and rarely ventured from their barracks alone. Turquoise had only ever encountered them in conjunction with their mission, and had never actually talked to one before.

It was the traditional divide between specialist and warrior gems, with each considering their role superior to the other. Turquoise had never thought much about it, but then again this Sandstone had barely spoken since they'd regenerated.

Perhaps they felt intimidated? It was even possible that this Sandstone had never seen a Turquoise before. A shame.

"Can you tell how thick that wall is?" they said, pacing over. "I know either of us can break it, but that's no use if there's a bomb set to go off."
gM1MTf9.png
1 2