Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Time Skip RP (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Hey guys!
I got an idea for a RP I would like to share with you.

It would have a semi-realistic setting and the exact time period and so forth isn't set.

But our RP would begin with our characters when they are still fairly young. Between 7-11 or something the like (?).
We will then play some kind of scenarios and during those and that is where our characters get their identity marked and starts to effect each other.

Then, when we feel like it, we make a timeskip - Whenever that should be two, three or five years is up to you!
But then it the RP will follow them as they attend high school (or perhaps not) and it will be very fun, because our characters might have formed important bonds, gotten injuries or anything in between when they were younger, which will stick with them.

This is also where I think there will get some fantasy involved - Because I like to think that the human(oids?) in the RP starts to gain slight powers when they hit puberty. (telekinese and other minor abilities).
And they would still have to deal with themselves, others and perhaps their dark pasts or something like that. I think you get what I mean.

Here a bigger event will kick in - perhaps it is the apocalypse or rise of the machines?
It is up to discussion.

Would anyone be up for it? I imagine it would be a smaller RP. Around 4 players. ((^^;

CHARACTERS

@/Newsie
Name/(Nicknames): Tyler Thomas Watski ('Ski/Watski)
Starting Age: 12
Birthday:
Physical Description: A straggly crop of jaw-length, off-white hair that flicks over his icy blue eyes. Pale, freckled skin is stretched over his bony facial features - a strong nose, hollow eyes, raised cheekbones and plump pink lips. Skinny, lanky figure with somewhat defined muscles around his core and biceps, due to the small amount of sport he plays. Collarbones that jut out like shelves, and ribs so visible you could count them. His hands are just as bony- with long, curved fingers and thin wrists. He's of an average height, possibly in the above margin. He speaks with a thick New-York accent.
Personality: Ambitious, has never had a great concept of rules and consequences and always does things the way he wants. Despite this he's un-confident and nervous around new people. He's artistic - and loves to write songs, poetry and plays in his spare time, though he would never let anyone know that. From a very young age he's been desperate to make a mark on the world. He wants to be a catalyst for something big - a revolution, a realisiation, an advancement...
Power: Mind invasion - hearing the thoughts of others as if they were speaking them in normal conversation.
Other: None at the moment!

@/Hodr
Name/(Nicknames): Quinn Murphy (goes by either, sometimes Murph)
Starting Age: 11
Birthday: January 10th
Physical Description: Quinn is of average height and a little bit stocky. He has short, messy black hair, hooded hazel eyes and an aquiline nose. You'll normally find him wearing street clothes--jeans, t-shirts, hoodies and canvas sneakers are wardrobe staples--but he starts to mix it up as he gets older, adding button-down shirts and a charcoal gray painter cap to the mix.
Personality: Generally speaking, Quinn thinks of himself as flexible, but he also has a pretty strict sense of how he thinks things should go. Deep in his heart, he loves people, but they also frustrate him and he doesn't want to bother sometimes. On the other hand, he's easy to get along with if you don't mind snark or if you're one of his close friends.
Power: Healing (minor wounds); however, he finds that he can never use it on himself.
Other: Quinn can be a demonstrably physical person with his friends--back slaps, shoulder punches and other tangible forms of camaraderie should be expected unless he's told to cut it out. He also has a massive affinity for music and wants to be in a band someday.

@/BrokenSongs
Name/(Nicknames): Luna Parks ('Loony/Little Moon')
Starting Age: 10
Physical Description /Image: 3534dj7_zps3bb5d60e.jpg
Personality: Being somewhat of a rebel, Luna is hardly shy than her younger brother. Not by a long shot. She is cunning,quick and loyal to those who befriend her and, even if she doesn't show it, cares for them deeply. However, she can be very blunt in her word choice , reckless when fighting and rash when making a plan.
Power: Water Manipulation--Has the ability to create, shape and manipulate water.
Other: Has a British accent

@/Annekin
Name/(Nicknames): Wren Cobb
Birthday: 11th June
Physical Description: A bit short for his age, with a slender build and pale, fair skin. His hair is short, scruffy and of a light brown colour which leans towards ash blonde. Wren's eyes are fairly big, compared to his other small features, and because of the dark iris' it can be hard to tell them apart from the pupils. He has warm eyes, a crooked smile and a restless heart.
Personality: Quick witted, alert and smart, Wren should be a proper student. But he is much too light hearted, and with his free spirit, he would rather ran off than actually focus on anything. While he often seeks excitement, Wren likes to do so while keeping to himself. He isn't very fond of speaking with new people or places which are too crowded. That said, Wren always speaks his mind and can even come off as straight forward and blunt. This contrasts to his aloof and distant attitude and makes him hard to read and understand. Wren is like smoke and makes you wonder if he was ever really there.
Power: Telekinetic ability which is strongly tied to his emotional state.
Other: Comes from a fishing village

@/Naralia
Name/(Nicknames): Calcifer Bowman (goes by Cal)
Birthday:
Physical Description/Image: Short, brown-orange hair, with brown eyes. He usually has a goofy smile. He has light brown skin and freckles, and is rather tall for his age. He wears a yellow headband and a brown t-shirt and jeans.
Personality: Mischievous, optimistic, and over all very friendly. He's very energetic and tends to annoy others with his cheerful and outgoing personality. However, he acts very awkward around people he doesn't know, and tends to stutter quite a bit. And he's also a very sensitive cinnamon roll. ;-;
Power: Empath - If he touches someone, he can feel what they're feeling for a moment.
Other: He draws on his jeans in marker. Constantly. He does it whenever he's bored, just because he loves to draw.

@/PhoenixMiko
Name/(Nicknames): Lucien Donovan ('Lulu' but only Paragon can get away with calling him that. :P)
Starting Age: 13
Birthday: October 16
Physical Description/Image: Will eventually grow up to look like this:
lulu_by_phoenixmiko32-d9utetm.png
Personality: Ruthless, aloof, and cunning, he takes advantage of weaknesses, even his own. He does not usually care if he hurts someone's feelings. He is sarcastic and brutally honest. He does not like being told what to do. Those who do manage to get close to him discover how overprotective he can be. He seldom shows affection, and it's always in small gestures as he is unfamiliar on how to be nice to others. He is frighteningly intelligent.
Power: Illusion Manipulation
Other: Is great with younger kids even though he tries to avoid them. Lives with his mom and younger brother. Likes to read and be left alone. Will become an exemplary fighter.

Name/(Nicknames): Paragon Sera (no nickname, but will be open to any cute one you can come up with!)
Birthday: July 29
parachin_by_phoenixmiko32-d9utetx.png
Personality: She is very protective of her friends and loved ones. She is stubborn and hot-tempered, but tries to act mature. She is often insghful, but is oblivious when dealing with matters concerning herself. She is easily flustered. She likes helping people and making new friends. She has a habit of expecting the worst case scenarios as some sort of defense mechanism. She fears rejection and failure. She prefers to be around others. She is fairly intelligent.
Power: Dream Manipulation
Other: Has a powerful sixth sense, able to detect immense danger and can manipulate her aura when pushed over the edge, but she can never use it consciously. Has the potential to become a strong fighter. Lives with both her parents and her younger sister.
Hey guys!
I got an idea for a RP I would like to share with you.

It would have a semi-realistic setting and the exact time period and so forth isn't set.

But our RP would begin with our characters when they are still fairly young. Between 7-11 or something the like (?).
We will then play some kind of scenarios and during those and that is where our characters get their identity marked and starts to effect each other.

Then, when we feel like it, we make a timeskip - Whenever that should be two, three or five years is up to you!
But then it the RP will follow them as they attend high school (or perhaps not) and it will be very fun, because our characters might have formed important bonds, gotten injuries or anything in between when they were younger, which will stick with them.

This is also where I think there will get some fantasy involved - Because I like to think that the human(oids?) in the RP starts to gain slight powers when they hit puberty. (telekinese and other minor abilities).
And they would still have to deal with themselves, others and perhaps their dark pasts or something like that. I think you get what I mean.

Here a bigger event will kick in - perhaps it is the apocalypse or rise of the machines?
It is up to discussion.

Would anyone be up for it? I imagine it would be a smaller RP. Around 4 players. ((^^;

CHARACTERS

@/Newsie
Name/(Nicknames): Tyler Thomas Watski ('Ski/Watski)
Starting Age: 12
Birthday:
Physical Description: A straggly crop of jaw-length, off-white hair that flicks over his icy blue eyes. Pale, freckled skin is stretched over his bony facial features - a strong nose, hollow eyes, raised cheekbones and plump pink lips. Skinny, lanky figure with somewhat defined muscles around his core and biceps, due to the small amount of sport he plays. Collarbones that jut out like shelves, and ribs so visible you could count them. His hands are just as bony- with long, curved fingers and thin wrists. He's of an average height, possibly in the above margin. He speaks with a thick New-York accent.
Personality: Ambitious, has never had a great concept of rules and consequences and always does things the way he wants. Despite this he's un-confident and nervous around new people. He's artistic - and loves to write songs, poetry and plays in his spare time, though he would never let anyone know that. From a very young age he's been desperate to make a mark on the world. He wants to be a catalyst for something big - a revolution, a realisiation, an advancement...
Power: Mind invasion - hearing the thoughts of others as if they were speaking them in normal conversation.
Other: None at the moment!

@/Hodr
Name/(Nicknames): Quinn Murphy (goes by either, sometimes Murph)
Birthday: January 10th
Physical Description: Quinn is of average height and a little bit stocky. He has short, messy black hair, hooded hazel eyes and an aquiline nose. You'll normally find him wearing street clothes--jeans, t-shirts, hoodies and canvas sneakers are wardrobe staples--but he starts to mix it up as he gets older, adding button-down shirts and a charcoal gray painter cap to the mix.
Personality: Generally speaking, Quinn thinks of himself as flexible, but he also has a pretty strict sense of how he thinks things should go. Deep in his heart, he loves people, but they also frustrate him and he doesn't want to bother sometimes. On the other hand, he's easy to get along with if you don't mind snark or if you're one of his close friends.
Power: Healing (minor wounds); however, he finds that he can never use it on himself.
Other: Quinn can be a demonstrably physical person with his friends--back slaps, shoulder punches and other tangible forms of camaraderie should be expected unless he's told to cut it out. He also has a massive affinity for music and wants to be in a band someday.

@/BrokenSongs
Name/(Nicknames): Luna Parks ('Loony/Little Moon')
Physical Description /Image: 3534dj7_zps3bb5d60e.jpg
Personality: Being somewhat of a rebel, Luna is hardly shy than her younger brother. Not by a long shot. She is cunning,quick and loyal to those who befriend her and, even if she doesn't show it, cares for them deeply. However, she can be very blunt in her word choice , reckless when fighting and rash when making a plan.
Power: Water Manipulation--Has the ability to create, shape and manipulate water.
Other: Has a British accent

@/Annekin
Name/(Nicknames): Wren Cobb
Birthday: 11th June
Physical Description: A bit short for his age, with a slender build and pale, fair skin. His hair is short, scruffy and of a light brown colour which leans towards ash blonde. Wren's eyes are fairly big, compared to his other small features, and because of the dark iris' it can be hard to tell them apart from the pupils. He has warm eyes, a crooked smile and a restless heart.
Personality: Quick witted, alert and smart, Wren should be a proper student. But he is much too light hearted, and with his free spirit, he would rather ran off than actually focus on anything. While he often seeks excitement, Wren likes to do so while keeping to himself. He isn't very fond of speaking with new people or places which are too crowded. That said, Wren always speaks his mind and can even come off as straight forward and blunt. This contrasts to his aloof and distant attitude and makes him hard to read and understand. Wren is like smoke and makes you wonder if he was ever really there.
Power: Telekinetic ability which is strongly tied to his emotional state.
Other: Comes from a fishing village

@/Naralia
Name/(Nicknames): Calcifer Bowman (goes by Cal)
Birthday:
Physical Description/Image: Short, brown-orange hair, with brown eyes. He usually has a goofy smile. He has light brown skin and freckles, and is rather tall for his age. He wears a yellow headband and a brown t-shirt and jeans.
Personality: Mischievous, optimistic, and over all very friendly. He's very energetic and tends to annoy others with his cheerful and outgoing personality. However, he acts very awkward around people he doesn't know, and tends to stutter quite a bit. And he's also a very sensitive cinnamon roll. ;-;
Power: Empath - If he touches someone, he can feel what they're feeling for a moment.
Other: He draws on his jeans in marker. Constantly. He does it whenever he's bored, just because he loves to draw.

@/PhoenixMiko
Name/(Nicknames): Lucien Donovan ('Lulu' but only Paragon can get away with calling him that. :P)
Starting Age: 13
Birthday: October 16
lulu_by_phoenixmiko32-d9utetm.png
Personality: Ruthless, aloof, and cunning, he takes advantage of weaknesses, even his own. He does not usually care if he hurts someone's feelings. He is sarcastic and brutally honest. He does not like being told what to do. Those who do manage to get close to him discover how overprotective he can be. He seldom shows affection, and it's always in small gestures as he is unfamiliar on how to be nice to others. He is frighteningly intelligent.
Power: Illusion Manipulation
Other: Is great with younger kids even though he tries to avoid them. Lives with his mom and younger brother. Likes to read and be left alone. Will become an exemplary fighter.

Name/(Nicknames): Paragon Sera (no nickname, but will be open to any cute one you can come up with!)
Birthday: July 29
parachin_by_phoenixmiko32-d9utetx.png
Personality: She is very protective of her friends and loved ones. She is stubborn and hot-tempered, but tries to act mature. She is often insghful, but is oblivious when dealing with matters concerning herself. She is easily flustered. She likes helping people and making new friends. She has a habit of expecting the worst case scenarios as some sort of defense mechanism. She fears rejection and failure. She prefers to be around others. She is fairly intelligent.
Power: Dream Manipulation
Other: Has a powerful sixth sense, able to detect immense danger and can manipulate her aura when pushed over the edge, but she can never use it consciously. Has the potential to become a strong fighter. Lives with both her parents and her younger sister.
@Annekin

I'm always up for new RPs! ^-^ This looks interesting! I would like to join, if that's all right. ^-^

This is basically like a childhood friends type of story, right? Just checking to see if I got the idea. ^-^
@Annekin

I'm always up for new RPs! ^-^ This looks interesting! I would like to join, if that's all right. ^-^

This is basically like a childhood friends type of story, right? Just checking to see if I got the idea. ^-^
QyZZPnS.png
@PhoneixMiko

Heh, sounds great! And you can always join my RPs fam. :D

And yes it is a childhood friends-type RP. But I would like that there were a little more to it than just a regular "Slice of Life" though. c:
Do you know the show Shinsekai Yori? It was actually the one which gave me the idea.
@PhoneixMiko

Heh, sounds great! And you can always join my RPs fam. :D

And yes it is a childhood friends-type RP. But I would like that there were a little more to it than just a regular "Slice of Life" though. c:
Do you know the show Shinsekai Yori? It was actually the one which gave me the idea.
@Annekin

Thank you~

Unfortunately, I don't know it. When I tried to read the plot in Wikipedia, I sort of got a little lost... @ ___ @ OTL

But it's still very interesting! :3
@Annekin

Thank you~

Unfortunately, I don't know it. When I tried to read the plot in Wikipedia, I sort of got a little lost... @ ___ @ OTL

But it's still very interesting! :3
QyZZPnS.png
@PhoenixMiko

ohh, if you don't know about it don't look it up! you will end up so confused D:
as much as i love shinsekai yori it is a pain if you haven't watched the entire series.

it was its structure i was referring to more than the actual show. it is such a ride lol
@PhoenixMiko

ohh, if you don't know about it don't look it up! you will end up so confused D:
as much as i love shinsekai yori it is a pain if you haven't watched the entire series.

it was its structure i was referring to more than the actual show. it is such a ride lol
@Annekin

Ahaha, yes, I believe you. ^^;;

Anyway, hopefully, others would be interested, too! Can't wait to start juggling some ideas! ^-^
@Annekin

Ahaha, yes, I believe you. ^^;;

Anyway, hopefully, others would be interested, too! Can't wait to start juggling some ideas! ^-^
QyZZPnS.png
@PhoenixMiko Yeah, hopefully people will look by D:
I think I will make sure people actually knows this is an open rp, lol
@PhoenixMiko Yeah, hopefully people will look by D:
I think I will make sure people actually knows this is an open rp, lol
@Annekin

Hey, I'd be up for it! Anything with the word "time" in it usually gets me, so... XD
@Annekin

Hey, I'd be up for it! Anything with the word "time" in it usually gets me, so... XD
u1Hs1Pq.png
@Annekin
I wouldn't mind exploring this RP world, if you'll have me. I try to be on the forums at least once a day, but my work schedule can be erratic. Is that okay?
@Annekin
I wouldn't mind exploring this RP world, if you'll have me. I try to be on the forums at least once a day, but my work schedule can be erratic. Is that okay?
JOwRWcq.png
@Naralia
How nice! And welcome to the RP. If you have any question just ask right away.
Otherwise I think I will let one or two more in and we will start planning. :D
@Naralia
How nice! And welcome to the RP. If you have any question just ask right away.
Otherwise I think I will let one or two more in and we will start planning. :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11