Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [RP] False Deities [RP]
1 2 3
In the days of yore, before the true gods came to be, it was, unfortunately, very easy to claim yourself as a god purely by birthright as royals, and heroes would be proclaimed as gods purely from their brave doings. In the distant future from now, the world was struck with a horrible peril, and the spirits of the so-called gods were called down into vessels of young dragons in order to save the world from the horrible eleven trials - one for each flight... or the remnants of them. Their kingdoms were struck down by their own, storms of wind ravaging the Windsinger's domain, the wind even too powerful for them, a miasma of death and disease stronger wiping out the Plaguebringer's dead land, an all new disease destroying their immune systems, and such events happening to every single domain. But, as briefly summarised... they are fakes. They are merely normal dragons, dancing in the images of the gods... so could normal dragons ever take down the threats that the gods couldn't? - Sign-up Details - (Out of all, there are 11 slots. I highly doubt it'll be filled, but that's the amount of flights.) Simply copy this down and sign up, if you wish! Forum Name: Dragon Name: Dragon's Appearance: Dragon's Personality: Other Details: ------------------------ Forum Name: RainbowCherry Dragon Name: Luxaris Dragon's Appearance: [img]http://i.imgur.com/DNPKuOG.jpg[/img] Dragon's Personality: A peaceful and reserved dragon, harbouring no ill will to any. He was born into a family of royals, and therefore was treated, and thought of, as a god. Even after denying this, this was constantly pushed on him, leading him to being submissive and droll. He is not particularly active, and so the prospect of the whole situation is too much for him. Other Details: We'll start at 4 people, but you can sign up at any time, providing you know how to write yourself in! (This is my first RP on Flight Rising, so tell me if I've made a misstep, please!) ----------- [quote name="kanceir" date=2016-06-03 22:04:03]Forum Name: kanceir Dragon Name: Zinnian Dragon's Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23058395] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230584/23058395_350.png[/img] [/url] Dragon's Personality: It wasn't necessarily any particularly brave deeds, or a particularly prestigious background that led to the reverence that follows the dragon wherever she glides, but the simple and peripheral fact of her outward beauty. Not to say that she isn't just as beautiful on the inside, but she's come to loathe her natural allure for the mere fact that it brings her great loneliness, contrary to what one might expect. Others flock to her with claims of seeking friendship, when in reality their true goals are to make a name for themselves by associating with someone of such grandeur. As such, Zinnian's trust has been betrayed far too often, and she now finds difficulty in offering it to anyone. Other Details: if i ever refer to zinnian as a "he" i'm really sorry rip my mind is just set on the idea that she's a guy idek[/QUOTE] ------- [quote name="Naralia" date=2016-06-03 23:25:29] @RainbowCherry (Gonna hop in here if you don't mind!) Forum Name: Naralia Dragon Name: Helena Dragon's Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23541962] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/235420/23541962_350.png[/img] [/url] Dragon's Personality: Helena insane, and she likes to chant out loud at really random moments. She also likes to spook other dragons, but hates physically touching people. She's fairly kind when talking to others, but doesn't trust other dragons much. Helena absolutely [i]hates[/i] it when random dragons come up to talk to her about her being a god or whatever. When people try to touch her for "good luck", she will slap them. Honsetly, she just saved some unimportant clan out in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't like she had fought an evil spirit or saved 70 hatchlings from drowning... Other Details: Mmmmmm, nope. [/quote] ---------- [quote name="Justdevon" date=2016-06-05 06:02:55]Forum Name: Justdevon Dragon Name: Phobos Dragon's Appearance: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/238909/23890839_350.png[/img] Dragon's Personality: Phobos is extremely careful with how she phrases things, and hates it when other people touch or worship her, it makes her uncomfortable. [/QUOTE] -------- [quote name="Lynxai" date=2016-06-05 06:20:01] Forum Name: Lynxai Dragon Name: Deimos Dragon's Appearance: [img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/aa73f3b30b618520e9c838e15855bc20/tumblr_inline_o8448oBU9B1ttfulg_540.png[/img] Dragon's Personality: She was one of two leaders back where she came from, so she is an effective leader and can think clearly even when most others would be stressed. The clan she came from was small but very prestigious and powerful, so she had to know how to deal with deviants and troublemakers. Despite her facial mask muffling her speech, she speaks like someone you do not want to mishear. She often orders other dragons around and has been rumoured to use magic to influence others to follow her orders, but if she cannot exert her will on a dragon, she cannot effect them. Other Details: She flies like she's swimming underwater with the currents instead of flying through air and her wings are larger than average. [/quote] --------------------- [quote name="TheFeatherMage" date=2016-06-05 07:04:20] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23492655] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234927/23492655_350.png[/img] [/url] Forum Name: TheFeatherMage Dragon Name: Avzi Dragon's Personality: Avzi still behaves like a hatchling, despite being adult. This may sprout from her being around hatchlings all the time. She loves to read and research and teach what she learns to others. She rather awkward with other adults because she ever spends a lot of time around them. But despite her quirks, she is very loyal and many hatchlings look up to her. Other Details: Avzi looks after the young ones of her clan. On the long trips her clan takes while wandering around the Starfall Isles, she plays games with the hatchlings and gives them rides on her back. When the clan settles down she acts as a teacher, teaching them math, reading, flying, and maybe a little magic too. [/quote]
In the days of yore, before the true gods came to be, it was, unfortunately, very easy to claim yourself as a god purely by birthright as royals, and heroes would be proclaimed as gods purely from their brave doings.

In the distant future from now, the world was struck with a horrible peril, and the spirits of the so-called gods were called down into vessels of young dragons in order to save the world from the horrible eleven trials - one for each flight... or the remnants of them. Their kingdoms were struck down by their own, storms of wind ravaging the Windsinger's domain, the wind even too powerful for them, a miasma of death and disease stronger wiping out the Plaguebringer's dead land, an all new disease destroying their immune systems, and such events happening to every single domain.

But, as briefly summarised... they are fakes. They are merely normal dragons, dancing in the images of the gods... so could normal dragons ever take down the threats that the gods couldn't?

- Sign-up Details - (Out of all, there are 11 slots. I highly doubt it'll be filled, but that's the amount of flights.)

Simply copy this down and sign up, if you wish!

Forum Name:

Dragon Name:

Dragon's Appearance:

Dragon's Personality:

Other Details:

Forum Name: RainbowCherry

Dragon Name: Luxaris

Dragon's Appearance: DNPKuOG.jpg

Dragon's Personality: A peaceful and reserved dragon, harbouring no ill will to any. He was born into a family of royals, and therefore was treated, and thought of, as a god. Even after denying this, this was constantly pushed on him, leading him to being submissive and droll. He is not particularly active, and so the prospect of the whole situation is too much for him.

Other Details:

We'll start at 4 people, but you can sign up at any time, providing you know how to write yourself in!

(This is my first RP on Flight Rising, so tell me if I've made a misstep, please!)

kanceir wrote on 2016-06-03:
Forum Name: kanceir

Dragon Name: Zinnian

Dragon's Appearance:

23058395_350.png

Dragon's Personality: It wasn't necessarily any particularly brave deeds, or a particularly prestigious background that led to the reverence that follows the dragon wherever she glides, but the simple and peripheral fact of her outward beauty. Not to say that she isn't just as beautiful on the inside, but she's come to loathe her natural allure for the mere fact that it brings her great loneliness, contrary to what one might expect. Others flock to her with claims of seeking friendship, when in reality their true goals are to make a name for themselves by associating with someone of such grandeur. As such, Zinnian's trust has been betrayed far too often, and she now finds difficulty in offering it to anyone.

Other Details: if i ever refer to zinnian as a "he" i'm really sorry rip my mind is just set on the idea that she's a guy idek

Naralia wrote on 2016-06-03:
@RainbowCherry (Gonna hop in here if you don't mind!)

Forum Name: Naralia

Dragon Name: Helena

Dragon's Appearance:
23541962_350.png

Dragon's Personality: Helena insane, and she likes to chant out loud at really random moments. She also likes to spook other dragons, but hates physically touching people. She's fairly kind when talking to others, but doesn't trust other dragons much.

Helena absolutely hates it when random dragons come up to talk to her about her being a god or whatever. When people try to touch her for "good luck", she will slap them. Honsetly, she just saved some unimportant clan out in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't like she had fought an evil spirit or saved 70 hatchlings from drowning...

Other Details: Mmmmmm, nope.

Justdevon wrote on 2016-06-05:
Forum Name: Justdevon
Dragon Name: Phobos
Dragon's Appearance: 23890839_350.png
Dragon's Personality: Phobos is extremely careful with how she phrases things, and hates it when other people touch or worship her, it makes her uncomfortable.

Lynxai wrote on 2016-06-05:
Forum Name: Lynxai

Dragon Name: Deimos

Dragon's Appearance: tumblr_inline_o8448oBU9B1ttfulg_540.png

Dragon's Personality: She was one of two leaders back where she came from, so she is an effective leader and can think clearly even when most others would be stressed. The clan she came from was small but very prestigious and powerful, so she had to know how to deal with deviants and troublemakers. Despite her facial mask muffling her speech, she speaks like someone you do not want to mishear. She often orders other dragons around and has been rumoured to use magic to influence others to follow her orders, but if she cannot exert her will on a dragon, she cannot effect them.

Other Details:
She flies like she's swimming underwater with the currents instead of flying through air and her wings are larger than average.

TheFeatherMage wrote on 2016-06-05:

23492655_350.png

Forum Name: TheFeatherMage

Dragon Name: Avzi

Dragon's Personality: Avzi still behaves like a hatchling, despite being adult. This may sprout from her being around hatchlings all the time. She loves to read and research and teach what she learns to others. She rather awkward with other adults because she ever spends a lot of time around them. But despite her quirks, she is very loyal and many hatchlings look up to her.

Other Details: Avzi looks after the young ones of her clan. On the long trips her clan takes while wandering around the Starfall Isles, she plays games with the hatchlings and gives them rides on her back. When the clan settles down she acts as a teacher, teaching them math, reading, flying, and maybe a little magic too.
@RainbowCherry this looks neat! :D Forum Name: kanceir Dragon Name: Zinnian Dragon's Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23058395] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230584/23058395_350.png[/img] [/url] Dragon's Personality: It wasn't necessarily any particularly brave deeds, or a particularly prestigious background that led to the reverence that follows the dragon wherever she glides, but the simple and peripheral fact of her outward beauty. Not to say that she isn't just as beautiful on the inside, but she's come to loathe her natural allure for the mere fact that it brings her great loneliness, contrary to what one might expect. Others flock to her with claims of seeking friendship, when in reality their true goals are to make a name for themselves by associating with someone of such grandeur. As such, Zinnian's trust has been betrayed far too often, and she now finds difficulty in offering it to anyone. Other Details: if i ever refer to zinnian as a "he" i'm really sorry rip my mind is just set on the idea that she's a guy idek
@RainbowCherry
this looks neat! :D

Dragon's Appearance:

23058395_350.png

Dragon's Personality: It wasn't necessarily any particularly brave deeds, or a particularly prestigious background that led to the reverence that follows the dragon wherever she glides, but the simple and peripheral fact of her outward beauty. Not to say that she isn't just as beautiful on the inside, but she's come to loathe her natural allure for the mere fact that it brings her great loneliness, contrary to what one might expect. Others flock to her with claims of seeking friendship, when in reality their true goals are to make a name for themselves by associating with someone of such grandeur. As such, Zinnian's trust has been betrayed far too often, and she now finds difficulty in offering it to anyone.

Other Details: if i ever refer to zinnian as a "he" i'm really sorry rip my mind is just set on the idea that she's a guy idek
x1137.png
I N V I K T A

he/him | FR + 3

A R C A N E
arcane_1.png
T H E xxx S T A R B O U N D xxx C L A N

34816.png
[quote name="kanceir" date=2016-06-03 22:04:03] @RainbowCherry this looks neat! :D Forum Name: kanceir Dragon Name: Zinnian Dragon's Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23058395] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230584/23058395_350.png[/img] [/url] Dragon's Personality: It wasn't necessarily any particularly brave deeds, or a particularly prestigious background that led to the reverence that follows the dragon wherever she glides, but the simple and peripheral fact of her outward beauty. Not to say that she isn't just as beautiful on the inside, but she's come to loathe her natural allure for the mere fact that it brings her great loneliness, contrary to what one might expect. Others flock to her with claims of seeking friendship, when in reality their true goals are to make a name for themselves by associating with someone of such grandeur. As such, Zinnian's trust has been betrayed far too often, and she now finds difficulty in offering it to anyone. Other Details: if i ever refer to zinnian as a "he" i'm really sorry rip my mind is just set on the idea that she's a guy idek [/quote] Accepted, @kanceir!
kanceir wrote on 2016-06-03:
@RainbowCherry
this looks neat! :D

Dragon's Appearance:

23058395_350.png

Accepted, @kanceir!
@RainbowCherry (Gonna hop in here if you don't mind!) Forum Name: Naralia Dragon Name: Helena Dragon's Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23541962] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/235420/23541962_350.png[/img] [/url] Dragon's Personality: Helena insane, and she likes to chant out loud at really random moments. She also likes to spook other dragons, but hates physically touching people. She's fairly kind when talking to others, but doesn't trust other dragons much. Helena absolutely [i]hates[/i] it when random dragons come up to talk to her about her being a god or whatever. When people try to touch her for "good luck", she will slap them. Honsetly, she just saved some unimportant clan out in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't like she had fought an evil spirit or saved 70 hatchlings from drowning... Other Details: Mmmmmm, nope.

Dragon's Appearance:
23541962_350.png

Dragon's Personality: Helena insane, and she likes to chant out loud at really random moments. She also likes to spook other dragons, but hates physically touching people. She's fairly kind when talking to others, but doesn't trust other dragons much.

Helena absolutely hates it when random dragons come up to talk to her about her being a god or whatever. When people try to touch her for "good luck", she will slap them. Honsetly, she just saved some unimportant clan out in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't like she had fought an evil spirit or saved 70 hatchlings from drowning...

u1Hs1Pq.png
[quote name="Naralia" date=2016-06-03 23:25:29] @RainbowCherry (Gonna hop in here if you don't mind!) Forum Name: Naralia Dragon Name: Helena Dragon's Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23541962] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/235420/23541962_350.png[/img] [/url] Dragon's Personality: Helena insane, and she likes to chant out loud at really random moments. She also likes to spook other dragons, but hates physically touching people. She's fairly kind when talking to others, but doesn't trust other dragons much. Helena absolutely [i]hates[/i] it when random dragons come up to talk to her about her being a god or whatever. When people try to touch her for "good luck", she will slap them. Honsetly, she just saved some unimportant clan out in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't like she had fought an evil spirit or saved 70 hatchlings from drowning... Other Details: Mmmmmm, nope. [/quote] Also accepted, @Naralia! We need a sole more person - then we'll start. Remember, anybody, you can join after we start, as long as you can write yourself in!
Naralia wrote on 2016-06-03:

Dragon's Appearance:
23541962_350.png

Also accepted, @Naralia! We need a sole more person - then we'll start.

Remember, anybody, you can join after we start, as long as you can write yourself in!

@rainbowcherry Sorry for the super short form! It's really late here so I'm a bit tired. Forum Name: Canvas Dragon Name: Sarge Dragon's Appearance:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8948818] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89489/8948818_350.png[/img] [/url] Dragon's Personality: Doesn't speak much, serious, quiet, calm, quick to see combat as a solution Other details: None that I can think of.
@rainbowcherry
Sorry for the super short form! It's really late here so I'm a bit tired.

Forum Name: Canvas
Dragon Name: Sarge
Dragon's Appearance:
8948818_350.png

Dragon's Personality: Doesn't speak much, serious, quiet, calm, quick to see combat as a solution

Other details: None that I can think of.

games_hectortwirl.gifimage_by_xx_pk_gaming_xx-dagcw2w.png image_by_xx_pk_gaming_xx-dagdmix.png
FACE THE WRATH OF THE DEADLY HECTORCOPTER
[quote name="Canvas" date=2016-06-03 23:34:39] @rainbowcherry Sorry for the super short form! It's really late here so I'm a bit tired. Forum Name: Canvas Dragon Name: Sarge Dragon's Appearance:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8948818] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89489/8948818_350.png[/img] [/url] Dragon's Personality: Doesn't speak much, serious, quiet, calm, quick to see combat as a solution Other details: None that I can think of. [/quote] Oh god, it's really late here too. In fact, it's early morning. My eyes @Canvas Thou art accepted. Just gonna post the beginning now.
Canvas wrote on 2016-06-03:
@rainbowcherry
Sorry for the super short form! It's really late here so I'm a bit tired.

Forum Name: Canvas
Dragon Name: Sarge
Dragon's Appearance:
8948818_350.png

Dragon's Personality: Doesn't speak much, serious, quiet, calm, quick to see combat as a solution

Other details: None that I can think of.

Oh god, it's really late here too. In fact, it's early morning. My eyes

@Canvas Thou art accepted.

Just gonna post the beginning now.
Well, uh, maintenance happened, so I just quickly typed this up because all my stuff was murdered.

@kanceir, @Naralia, @Canvas, we're starting now! Feel free to post when you have the time.

Luxaris slowly opened his deep, amethyst eyes, his body feeling like a statue. He snorted loudly, his eyes adjusting as his vision slowly restored. He... he didn't remember being here the last time he slept. His eyes darted about to see a bleached-white, tall, column. He was on the easternmost position on the pillar.

His mind boggled... and then he finally noticed the dragons around him. Most were dormant, sleeping, but a fellow three dragons were stirring. A group of smaller dragons were 'kneeling', or the dragon equivalent of it, in a large circle around the middle of the pillar. They turned to those who had awakened, and began to speak, a look of colossal bewilderment on their faces, "You! The gods of yore! The domains of the eleven have been torn, and you are the only beings who have more power of the domains than them!" They... they truly believed he was a god? He shrunk back a bit. He attempted to form words, but simply gawked, staring at the other dragons surrounding them.
Well, uh, maintenance happened, so I just quickly typed this up because all my stuff was murdered.

@kanceir, @Naralia, @Canvas, we're starting now! Feel free to post when you have the time.

Luxaris slowly opened his deep, amethyst eyes, his body feeling like a statue. He snorted loudly, his eyes adjusting as his vision slowly restored. He... he didn't remember being here the last time he slept. His eyes darted about to see a bleached-white, tall, column. He was on the easternmost position on the pillar.

His mind boggled... and then he finally noticed the dragons around him. Most were dormant, sleeping, but a fellow three dragons were stirring. A group of smaller dragons were 'kneeling', or the dragon equivalent of it, in a large circle around the middle of the pillar. They turned to those who had awakened, and began to speak, a look of colossal bewilderment on their faces, "You! The gods of yore! The domains of the eleven have been torn, and you are the only beings who have more power of the domains than them!" They... they truly believed he was a god? He shrunk back a bit. He attempted to form words, but simply gawked, staring at the other dragons surrounding them.
@RainbowCherry
@Naralia
@Canvas

Zinnian roused from slumber slowly and with great reluctance. She wasn't one for "beauty sleep", per se, but who didn't like to sleep? She cherished it more than gold at this point, and it was a real feat to blink open her violet eyes finally. Blurry vision clouded by harsh light had her closing them once more in haste, although now she was forcing herself to her feet. It shouldn't be this bright in her cave--unless she had rolled out in her sleep. She'd done that once or twice before.

Attempting to open her eyes once more, she squinted around, surveying the surrounding area as much as she could until her vision cleared up at the point of not being pain ful at least. She ruffled her wings a bit and then tucked them against herself, head turning around to notice the other dragons lying about. One other had awoken fully, and she was about to ask where she was, but hidden ears perked at the sound of voices, not quite catching what it was they were saying. However, despite her confusion, what she did know was that she was scared and confused, and the dragons around her were all unfamiliar.

"Where am I?"
@RainbowCherry
@Naralia
@Canvas

Zinnian roused from slumber slowly and with great reluctance. She wasn't one for "beauty sleep", per se, but who didn't like to sleep? She cherished it more than gold at this point, and it was a real feat to blink open her violet eyes finally. Blurry vision clouded by harsh light had her closing them once more in haste, although now she was forcing herself to her feet. It shouldn't be this bright in her cave--unless she had rolled out in her sleep. She'd done that once or twice before.

Attempting to open her eyes once more, she squinted around, surveying the surrounding area as much as she could until her vision cleared up at the point of not being pain ful at least. She ruffled her wings a bit and then tucked them against herself, head turning around to notice the other dragons lying about. One other had awoken fully, and she was about to ask where she was, but hidden ears perked at the sound of voices, not quite catching what it was they were saying. However, despite her confusion, what she did know was that she was scared and confused, and the dragons around her were all unfamiliar.

"Where am I?"
x1137.png
I N V I K T A

he/him | FR + 3

A R C A N E
arcane_1.png
T H E xxx S T A R B O U N D xxx C L A N

34816.png
@rainbowcherry
@naralia
@kanceir

Sarge opened her eyes, her mind blurred by drowsiness. Once she realized that her surroundings were not what she had fallen asleep to, her mind immediately woke up, her eyes narrowed and alert. She had fallen asleep in her encampment near the Dragonhome border- where was she now? There was a battle, there was a battle she needed to get to... Thoughts of her direly needed purpose filled her mind, repeating over and over again as she immediately stood and rushed over to one of the kneeling dragons, her sharp claw barely touching his throat. Glowering at him, she made a gesture with her head, silently demanding he explain what was going on.
@rainbowcherry
@naralia
@kanceir

Sarge opened her eyes, her mind blurred by drowsiness. Once she realized that her surroundings were not what she had fallen asleep to, her mind immediately woke up, her eyes narrowed and alert. She had fallen asleep in her encampment near the Dragonhome border- where was she now? There was a battle, there was a battle she needed to get to... Thoughts of her direly needed purpose filled her mind, repeating over and over again as she immediately stood and rushed over to one of the kneeling dragons, her sharp claw barely touching his throat. Glowering at him, she made a gesture with her head, silently demanding he explain what was going on.
games_hectortwirl.gifimage_by_xx_pk_gaming_xx-dagcw2w.png image_by_xx_pk_gaming_xx-dagdmix.png
FACE THE WRATH OF THE DEADLY HECTORCOPTER
1 2 3