Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In a Land of Fairytales (Fantasy RP)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62
In a Land of Fairytales

In a world inhabited by characters from myth, legend, and fireside tale, darkness is falling. The stories that gave all of these people and creatures life... they usually have one thing in common: a villain. While characters such as Snow White, Rapunzel, and Goldilocks exist, their evil counterparts like the Evil Queen, the Witch, and the Three Bears do as well. Those villains, once divided and squabbling for power, have chosen to join together. Leading them all is the mysterious Council: Maleficent, the Witch of Hansel & Gretel's youth, Dame Gothel, the adopted mother of Rapunzel, and the Troll Queen from the Norwegian Fairy Tale 'East of the Sun and West of the Moon'. In a desperate attempt to save the world from destruction, Rumpelstiltskin gathers together a group of fellow fairy-tale characters to stop them.

The Council:
Maleficent: From the Disney adaption of 'Sleeping Beauty'. Additional information can be found here.
The Witch: Originating in the Grimm fairytale 'Hansel and Gretel'. The wikipedia page for the fairytale can be found here.
Dame Gothel: From 'Rapunzel'. She is also known as Mother Gothel in the Disney adaption 'Tangled'. Either version can be used, as the basic details are essentially the same. The page for the original story is here.
The Troll Queen: She's from a Norwegian fairytale that isn't as well known as some of the others, so here's her page: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

Supporting Characters:
I'll add to the list as we go along, and supporting characters can be drawn from ANY fairytale. Arabic, European, Native American, even Greek Myths- you name it, it's allowed, as long as the story is within Site Guidelines. Some of those old fairytales can be a little... dark.

Rumpelstiltskin: I'm sure most of you know who he is, either from having heard the story or having seen Once Upon a Time or another adaption. Here's his page: Rumpelstiltskin.

Players:
Again, you can draw a character from ANY fairytale. Here's a handy list of Grimm Fairytales (Here), and another one that is a lot larger (Here).

Little Red Riding Hood- @Aquacoral
The Little Match Girl- @Lyridia
Fairytale Penn- @DragonLover
The Wizard of Oz- @DarkOnyx
Peter Pan- @Gingerdemon
Thumbelina- @Whirlwind678
Puss in Boots- @CountessG
The Too-Clever Fox- @mweep
Form:
Name:
Appearance (Picture not required, but preferred. If you don't know how to insert an image, just PM me):
Fairytale (Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks, etc.):
Skills (Are they skilled with a weapon? Are they good at running? Nothing OP please):
Other:
Rules:
1. Nothing inappropriate. RP content MUST stay within Site Guidelines at all times. And nothing beyond a kiss, please?
2. I'm a little bit lax with violence, but nothing too graphic please.
3. NO OP CHARACTERS. This is a huge pet-peeve of mine, and OP characters kind of take all the fun out of a roleplay. If you're confused about what OP means, ask me please.
4. Minor swearing is okay, but I'd prefer if you didn't go overboard with it.
5. Finally, the biggest rule: PLEASE. STAY. ACTIVE. I've seen a lot of roleplays die, and I really don't want that to happen to this one. If you will be offline for a long time, please notify me beforehand.
In a Land of Fairytales

In a world inhabited by characters from myth, legend, and fireside tale, darkness is falling. The stories that gave all of these people and creatures life... they usually have one thing in common: a villain. While characters such as Snow White, Rapunzel, and Goldilocks exist, their evil counterparts like the Evil Queen, the Witch, and the Three Bears do as well. Those villains, once divided and squabbling for power, have chosen to join together. Leading them all is the mysterious Council: Maleficent, the Witch of Hansel & Gretel's youth, Dame Gothel, the adopted mother of Rapunzel, and the Troll Queen from the Norwegian Fairy Tale 'East of the Sun and West of the Moon'. In a desperate attempt to save the world from destruction, Rumpelstiltskin gathers together a group of fellow fairy-tale characters to stop them.

The Council:
Maleficent: From the Disney adaption of 'Sleeping Beauty'. Additional information can be found here.
The Witch: Originating in the Grimm fairytale 'Hansel and Gretel'. The wikipedia page for the fairytale can be found here.
Dame Gothel: From 'Rapunzel'. She is also known as Mother Gothel in the Disney adaption 'Tangled'. Either version can be used, as the basic details are essentially the same. The page for the original story is here.
The Troll Queen: She's from a Norwegian fairytale that isn't as well known as some of the others, so here's her page: East of the Sun and West of the Moon

Supporting Characters:
I'll add to the list as we go along, and supporting characters can be drawn from ANY fairytale. Arabic, European, Native American, even Greek Myths- you name it, it's allowed, as long as the story is within Site Guidelines. Some of those old fairytales can be a little... dark.

Rumpelstiltskin: I'm sure most of you know who he is, either from having heard the story or having seen Once Upon a Time or another adaption. Here's his page: Rumpelstiltskin.

Players:
Again, you can draw a character from ANY fairytale. Here's a handy list of Grimm Fairytales (Here), and another one that is a lot larger (Here).

Little Red Riding Hood- @Aquacoral
The Little Match Girl- @Lyridia
Fairytale Penn- @DragonLover
The Wizard of Oz- @DarkOnyx
Peter Pan- @Gingerdemon
Thumbelina- @Whirlwind678
Puss in Boots- @CountessG
The Too-Clever Fox- @mweep
Form:
Name:
Appearance (Picture not required, but preferred. If you don't know how to insert an image, just PM me):
Fairytale (Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks, etc.):
Skills (Are they skilled with a weapon? Are they good at running? Nothing OP please):
Other:
Rules:
1. Nothing inappropriate. RP content MUST stay within Site Guidelines at all times. And nothing beyond a kiss, please?
2. I'm a little bit lax with violence, but nothing too graphic please.
3. NO OP CHARACTERS. This is a huge pet-peeve of mine, and OP characters kind of take all the fun out of a roleplay. If you're confused about what OP means, ask me please.
4. Minor swearing is okay, but I'd prefer if you didn't go overboard with it.
5. Finally, the biggest rule: PLEASE. STAY. ACTIVE. I've seen a lot of roleplays die, and I really don't want that to happen to this one. If you will be offline for a long time, please notify me beforehand.
2ECUufo.pnglYpSCN5.pngB56DTEe.png1gEpZ0H.pngBNLSVhl.png6FgVFSd.png
My Form Name: Ruby Connolly. Her nickname is Red, because the people of her village think that 'Ruby' is too ambitious for a simple country girl. Gender: Female Age: 17 Appearance (Picture not required, but preferred. If you don't know how to insert an image, just PM me): [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1a/a9/45/1aa94529d4885b4f03236f014a0aece5.jpg[/img] Her eyes are dark brown, as is her hair. Fairytale: Little Red Riding Hood Skills: Weaving, dyeing, herb lore, and healing. Other: Her grandmother is the village healer and has been grooming Ruby to take her place ever since she was a little girl. Ruby is currently the healer after her grandmother retired to a small cottage a short ways outside of the village. She's also been helping her mother from a young age, with duties such as weaving, dyeing, and working a loom. She made her own cloak when she turned 14.
My Form

Name: Ruby Connolly. Her nickname is Red, because the people of her village think that 'Ruby' is too ambitious for a simple country girl.
1aa94529d4885b4f03236f014a0aece5.jpg
Her eyes are dark brown, as is her hair.
Fairytale: Little Red Riding Hood
Skills: Weaving, dyeing, herb lore, and healing.
Other: Her grandmother is the village healer and has been grooming Ruby to take her place ever since she was a little girl. Ruby is currently the healer after her grandmother retired to a small cottage a short ways outside of the village. She's also been helping her mother from a young age, with duties such as weaving, dyeing, and working a loom. She made her own cloak when she turned 14.
@Aquacoral Haiiizzzz!!! I'm bored, and I would love to join, but does this have to have fairytale characters only, or can I use a few (probably 3 to 4) of my own characters? o3o
@Aquacoral Haiiizzzz!!! I'm bored, and I would love to join, but does this have to have fairytale characters only, or can I use a few (probably 3 to 4) of my own characters? o3o
I am no longer using this account. If you want to find me, look up CrazedDragon.
@aquacoral Name: Kumiho "Ku" Gender: Female Age (Above 14, please): Appx 19 Appearance: [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2hy137.jpg[/img] and [img]http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss320/Riiki/GiseleFox.jpg[/img] Fairytale:the fox sister Skills : nothing too great, she has some skill with a sword (nothing huge) better at sneaking into places, has a fox set of skills. Other: can swich between being a fox and a girl, however is cursed to be a fox for 24 hrs at each new moon.
@aquacoral

Name: Kumiho "Ku"
Age (Above 14, please): Appx 19
Appearance: 2hy137.jpg and GiseleFox.jpg
Fairytale:the fox sister
Skills : nothing too great, she has some skill with a sword (nothing huge) better at sneaking into places, has a fox set of skills.
Other: can swich between being a fox and a girl, however is cursed to be a fox for 24 hrs at each new moon.
tiny_flying_bit_dragon_by_t3ragram-d8wrsv2.gif
@DragonLover
You can use OCs, but I'd prefer if you used an OC that is not from a different universe. Also, I'd prefer if you didn't make more than three characters.

@lilMama
Great!
@DragonLover
You can use OCs, but I'd prefer if you used an OC that is not from a different universe. Also, I'd prefer if you didn't make more than three characters.

@lilMama
Great!
@aquacoral These are just characters based on the fairy tale characters, right? Was considering making a Hades character but am worried that may count as OP if this is not the case.
@aquacoral These are just characters based on the fairy tale characters, right? Was considering making a Hades character but am worried that may count as OP if this is not the case.
games_hectortwirl.gifimage_by_xx_pk_gaming_xx-dagcw2w.png image_by_xx_pk_gaming_xx-dagdmix.png
FACE THE WRATH OF THE DEADLY HECTORCOPTER
@Canvas
These are interpretations of characters from fairytales. As for Hades.... hmmm.... That's a little bit difficult. Hades is essentially the character that controls life and death, so that'd be hard. You could do it, but you would have to come up with a few weaknesses and limitations. You could be the mortal form of Hades- after all, Olympians can't be in their true forms on earth.

@lilmama
Okay! Neat fairytale, by the way.
@Canvas
These are interpretations of characters from fairytales. As for Hades.... hmmm.... That's a little bit difficult. Hades is essentially the character that controls life and death, so that'd be hard. You could do it, but you would have to come up with a few weaknesses and limitations. You could be the mortal form of Hades- after all, Olympians can't be in their true forms on earth.

@lilmama
Okay! Neat fairytale, by the way.
@aquacoral thanks ^-^ it was one of my favs as a kid (I dont remember where i heard it cuz im french not korean lol) itll be interesting playing her tho cuz technically she's not good but shes not evil either
@aquacoral thanks ^-^ it was one of my favs as a kid (I dont remember where i heard it cuz im french not korean lol) itll be interesting playing her tho cuz technically she's not good but shes not evil either
tiny_flying_bit_dragon_by_t3ragram-d8wrsv2.gif
@Aquacoral [b]Name[/b]: Rosaline Franke [b]Gender[/b]: Female [b]Age[/b]: 15 (she's a slightly older version of the fairy tale) [b]Appearance[/b]: [url=http://davidkawena.deviantart.com/art/The-Little-Match-Girl-is-coming-next-week-512058126][img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/7f5d/f/2015/037/3/5/35e5a95ce4870242bef42e1ecaad6608-d8gv6ku.png[/img][/url] [b]Fairytale[/b]: [url=http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/LitMat.shtml]The Little Match Girl[/url] [b]Skills[/b]: Not much; she can run fairly quickly and knows how to create a fire from very little resources. I guess she'll be able to fight people with fire? [b]Other[/b]: Her mother died giving birth to her and she lives with her father in a cottage on the outskirts of a village. Because her father is unable to support his family and spends most of his money drowning his sorrows away, he sends Rosaline out into the city to sell matches. She is usually unable to make a lot of money and she's usually punished when she comes home. Her grandmother was always there to tend to her wounds and wipe away her tears, but she died when Rosaline was thirteen. She decided to run away from home with nothing but a couple of matchboxes and a bit of food she snagged from the kitchen. Now she's stumbling from village to village in hopes of a better life, doing whatever she can to survive.
@Aquacoral

Name: Rosaline Franke
Age: 15 (she's a slightly older version of the fairy tale)
Appearance: 35e5a95ce4870242bef42e1ecaad6608-d8gv6ku.png
Fairytale: The Little Match Girl
Skills: Not much; she can run fairly quickly and knows how to create a fire from very little resources. I guess she'll be able to fight people with fire?
Other: Her mother died giving birth to her and she lives with her father in a cottage on the outskirts of a village. Because her father is unable to support his family and spends most of his money drowning his sorrows away, he sends Rosaline out into the city to sell matches. She is usually unable to make a lot of money and she's usually punished when she comes home. Her grandmother was always there to tend to her wounds and wipe away her tears, but she died when Rosaline was thirteen. She decided to run away from home with nothing but a couple of matchboxes and a bit of food she snagged from the kitchen. Now she's stumbling from village to village in hopes of a better life, doing whatever she can to survive.
xM2r56A.png
@Lyridia
Accepted! I have to get off, but I'll make sure to catalog all entries in the tracking post when I get back on later.
@Lyridia
Accepted! I have to get off, but I'll make sure to catalog all entries in the tracking post when I get back on later.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62