Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | One Last Hope {OOC} {2/16, Open!}
1 2
[i]It takes one person's anguish to jumpstart a wave of despair.[/i] ------ [b]<<Setting>>[/b] It started with 15, or 16, some could never tell. Then 16 more were caught in the mess. What just was the problem? What was the cause of the mess? Perhaps it was that half or so were trapped in a high school and the other half were trapped on a cluster of islands. They were all students of a prestigious academy called Hope's Peak Academy. If it wasn't enough, a third mastermind plotted a third "Game of Mutual Killing." The class that would be stuck in it was filled with 16 students. They were all a bit quirky or... interesting to say the least. There were deities, monsters, and weapons, with humans possessing talent and humans with seemingly none. One day, the whole class found themselves in separate cabins-- 16 cabins in the middle of the woods. If you advanced past the woods, or as far as you could go, there was a fence that rose high up. It was a waste of time. All they inquired was the deals of the monochrome bear that invaded whatever peace they possessed. He tore at their hearts and hopes, and dreams were ruined of leaving. [i],,Upupu...! It's kill or be killed at[/i] this [i]camp!''[/i] To kill another and be undiscovered or live in peace till death under the rule of a bear seemed like insanity. But they all continued to hope they could follow the latter, more ideal option. Or so it seemed. Perhaps one of them was planning murder, to betray the others... and start the pools of blood and despair. ------ [b]<<Plot>>[/b] In the first Game of Mutual Killing, 15 students are trapped in Hope's Peak Academy, where a monochrome bear going by the name of Monokuma threatens them to live there forever or break the peace and silence by murdering another. There is then an investigation sequence, where the unskilled amateur students hunt for clues, and the class trial, where all their gathered evidence is put to the test. Hope's Peak, being the prideful and prestigious school it is, gives its scouted students titles. Most are famous-- some aren't, though. Such titles have included the Super High School Level Moral Compass, Fashionista, and Luckster. In the second game, the titles are Ultimates, ie Ultimate Team Manager, Gymnast, etc. So not all of these titles provided skills that were so uncannily useful for the game, but could have been helpful in carrying out murder. ------ [b]<<IC Rules>>[/b] [quote=Monokuma][LIST=1] [*]Students may reside only within the forest. Leaving the campsite is an unacceptable use of time. [*]"Nighttime" is from 10 pm to 7 am. Some areas are off-limits at night, even when you want to tell ghost stories, so please exercise caution. [*]Sleeping anywhere other than the cabins will be seen as dozing off and punished accordingly. [*]With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore Hope's Peak Academy at your discretion. [*]Violence against headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is destruction of surveillance cameras. [*]Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes [i][b],,blackened''[/b][/i] will be dismissed, unless they are discovered. [*]Additional fieldtrip regulations may be added if necessary. [/LIST][/quote] [b]>>OOC Rules<<[/b] [LIST] [*]Standard FR rules. Which, of course, leads to... [*]For those who join, please, keep the swearing and violence lower than it would be in the game. [*]General RP rules, ie no powerplaying no godmodding etc. [*]Please be semi-lit, especially in the investigations/trials. At the minimum, 3-4 sentences are preferable, as the characters' interactions are the most important in such life or death situations. [*]Please don't spill any spoilers in either thread without a warning. [/LIST] You can sign up a character from a fandom or an OC. There are only four requirements: [LIST] [*]No canon characters from the Danganronpa series, even if they did not participate in the actual games. They've kinda suffered through enough already. [*]The characters have to be teenagers or young(ish) adults. No children/seniors. AU versions where the character is the appropriate age are allowed. [*]No duplicates of a character. [*]You can sign up 2 characters at the most, 3 if you have a good reason. [/LIST] ------ [quote=Form] @chiaKittyNanami [b]Name:[/b] [b]Title:[/b] Ultimate ____ (not all young adults and deities are in high school qq ) [b]Appearance:[/b] (description, picture, i just need something as reference.) [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Fandom:[/b] ((optional)) [b]Other Info:[/b] (if you're including their backstory i would prefer something short, with not too much information spilling out. sorry qq) [/quote] ------ [size=4]Please use this thread to sign up and start general discussions. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1791404]This is the actual RP Thread.[/url] [/size]
It takes one person's anguish to jumpstart a wave of despair.

<<Setting>>

It started with 15, or 16, some could never tell. Then 16 more were caught in the mess. What just was the problem? What was the cause of the mess? Perhaps it was that half or so were trapped in a high school and the other half were trapped on a cluster of islands. They were all students of a prestigious academy called Hope's Peak Academy.

If it wasn't enough, a third mastermind plotted a third "Game of Mutual Killing." The class that would be stuck in it was filled with 16 students. They were all a bit quirky or... interesting to say the least. There were deities, monsters, and weapons, with humans possessing talent and humans with seemingly none.

One day, the whole class found themselves in separate cabins-- 16 cabins in the middle of the woods. If you advanced past the woods, or as far as you could go, there was a fence that rose high up. It was a waste of time.

All they inquired was the deals of the monochrome bear that invaded whatever peace they possessed. He tore at their hearts and hopes, and dreams were ruined of leaving.

,,Upupu...! It's kill or be killed at this camp!''

To kill another and be undiscovered or live in peace till death under the rule of a bear seemed like insanity. But they all continued to hope they could follow the latter, more ideal option.

Or so it seemed. Perhaps one of them was planning murder, to betray the others... and start the pools of blood and despair.

<<Plot>>

In the first Game of Mutual Killing, 15 students are trapped in Hope's Peak Academy, where a monochrome bear going by the name of Monokuma threatens them to live there forever or break the peace and silence by murdering another. There is then an investigation sequence, where the unskilled amateur students hunt for clues, and the class trial, where all their gathered evidence is put to the test.

Hope's Peak, being the prideful and prestigious school it is, gives its scouted students titles. Most are famous-- some aren't, though. Such titles have included the Super High School Level Moral Compass, Fashionista, and Luckster. In the second game, the titles are Ultimates, ie Ultimate Team Manager, Gymnast, etc. So not all of these titles provided skills that were so uncannily useful for the game, but could have been helpful in carrying out murder.

<<IC Rules>>
Monokuma wrote:
  1. Students may reside only within the forest. Leaving the campsite is an unacceptable use of time.
  2. "Nighttime" is from 10 pm to 7 am. Some areas are off-limits at night, even when you want to tell ghost stories, so please exercise caution.
  3. Sleeping anywhere other than the cabins will be seen as dozing off and punished accordingly.
  4. With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore Hope's Peak Academy at your discretion.
  5. Violence against headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is destruction of surveillance cameras.
  6. Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes ,,blackened'' will be dismissed, unless they are discovered.
  7. Additional fieldtrip regulations may be added if necessary.

>>OOC Rules<<
  • Standard FR rules. Which, of course, leads to...
  • For those who join, please, keep the swearing and violence lower than it would be in the game.
  • General RP rules, ie no powerplaying no godmodding etc.
  • Please be semi-lit, especially in the investigations/trials. At the minimum, 3-4 sentences are preferable, as the characters' interactions are the most important in such life or death situations.
  • Please don't spill any spoilers in either thread without a warning.

You can sign up a character from a fandom or an OC. There are only four requirements:
  • No canon characters from the Danganronpa series, even if they did not participate in the actual games. They've kinda suffered through enough already.
  • The characters have to be teenagers or young(ish) adults. No children/seniors. AU versions where the character is the appropriate age are allowed.
  • No duplicates of a character.
  • You can sign up 2 characters at the most, 3 if you have a good reason.

Form wrote:
@chiaKittyNanami
Name:
Title: Ultimate ____ (not all young adults and deities are in high school qq )
Appearance: (description, picture, i just need something as reference.)
Personality:
Fandom: ((optional))
Other Info: (if you're including their backstory i would prefer something short, with not too much information spilling out. sorry qq)

Please use this thread to sign up and start general discussions.

This is the actual RP Thread.
8GKYmn6.png tumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio3_75sq.png
your days of darkness
are numbered. prepare
to meet the light!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio4_75sq.png
WRrtdZk.png a
lucent. he/him. minor. trans
multimedia art / rp / dance!
hyperfixating on kid icarus
arcanart / personal art

{{res post in case}}
{{res post in case}}
your days of darkness
are numbered. prepare
to meet the light!
WRrtdZk.png a
arcanart / personal art

@chiaKittyNanami this seems cool *How many characters can we have?*
@chiaKittyNanami this seems cool *How many characters can we have?*
@NekoTheKat
((whoops i forgot to put that in
I'll allow 2 characters at the most, a third if you have a good reason. just gonna... edit that in..))
@NekoTheKat
((whoops i forgot to put that in
I'll allow 2 characters at the most, a third if you have a good reason. just gonna... edit that in..))
your days of darkness
are numbered. prepare
to meet the light!
WRrtdZk.png a
arcanart / personal art

@chiaKittyNanami cool Adding my characters now :) Name: Flaira Last Name: Sharp Title: Ultimate Fire Appearance: [img]http://i.imgur.com/GFekkGN.jpg[/img] Without the sword Personality: Hot tempered but can stow it for alittlw while if she has to, trusting of no one but her closest friends, wary of everyone who comes in new Fandom: Just my OC Other Info: Uh none right now Name: Roger *NickName: Zookie* Last Name: Bell Title: Ultimate Jokester Appearance: [img]http://i.imgur.com/I40ZA0O.jpg[/img] Personality: Flirty towards all the girls, has big ego and so gloats to everyone, cheerful towards his friends Fandom: None I don't own the pic :) Other: None right now
@chiaKittyNanami cool Adding my characters now :)

Name: Flaira
Last Name: Sharp
Title: Ultimate Fire
Appearance: GFekkGN.jpg Without the sword
Personality: Hot tempered but can stow it for alittlw while if she has to, trusting of no one but her closest friends, wary of everyone who comes in new
Fandom: Just my OC
Other Info: Uh none right now

Name: Roger *NickName: Zookie*
Last Name: Bell
Title: Ultimate Jokester
Appearance: I40ZA0O.jpg
Personality: Flirty towards all the girls, has big ego and so gloats to everyone, cheerful towards his friends
Fandom: None I don't own the pic :)
Other: None right now
@NekoTheKat

Hope's Peak Academy decides to give its students titles like the Ultimate Gamer, Ultimate Luckster, Ultimate Nurse, etc. Basically its whatever they're best at, and only one person can have that title. If you need to use a canon title, that's fine. ...Hopefully that's a good explanation-- I'll add your characters to the list later, they just need a title.
@NekoTheKat

Hope's Peak Academy decides to give its students titles like the Ultimate Gamer, Ultimate Luckster, Ultimate Nurse, etc. Basically its whatever they're best at, and only one person can have that title. If you need to use a canon title, that's fine. ...Hopefully that's a good explanation-- I'll add your characters to the list later, they just need a title.
your days of darkness
are numbered. prepare
to meet the light!
WRrtdZk.png a
arcanart / personal art

@chiaKittyNanami okie done :)
@chiaKittyNanami okie done :)
@chiaKittyNanami

This sounds really interesting, but I've never actually played any of the Dangan Ronpa games >.> All of my knowledge comes from tumblr posts and word of mouth. Is that alright?

Also, will anyone be allowed to kill, or will there only be one person allowed to kill at a time...? Also, will we know who is killing who, or will we be just as in the dark as our characters are?
@chiaKittyNanami

This sounds really interesting, but I've never actually played any of the Dangan Ronpa games >.> All of my knowledge comes from tumblr posts and word of mouth. Is that alright?

Also, will anyone be allowed to kill, or will there only be one person allowed to kill at a time...? Also, will we know who is killing who, or will we be just as in the dark as our characters are?
@Saphelle
Yeah, that's perfectly fine! For anyone who didn't know too much about it I attempted to write most of what was needed knowledge but honestly some people could just go in knowing a few bits about it.

I'm not sure if this answers your question and apologies if it doesn't, but I'll mention in the roleplay something around "((A murder will occur soon. I'll be accepting the first request that I receive in my inbox.)) with some stuff explaining what should be in the PM and all. The first person who sends a request will be the murderer, provided they want to go through with it, and will be the only one notified that they are the murderer. Everyone else will know that requests were sent in after I type "((A murderer has been chosen.))" So,, yeah,, everyone save for the murderer will be in the dark until they discover it at the class trials, but they'll know someone is going to die soon. Monokuma'll probably spring it suddenly onto the students when the time comes.
@Saphelle
Yeah, that's perfectly fine! For anyone who didn't know too much about it I attempted to write most of what was needed knowledge but honestly some people could just go in knowing a few bits about it.

I'm not sure if this answers your question and apologies if it doesn't, but I'll mention in the roleplay something around "((A murder will occur soon. I'll be accepting the first request that I receive in my inbox.)) with some stuff explaining what should be in the PM and all. The first person who sends a request will be the murderer, provided they want to go through with it, and will be the only one notified that they are the murderer. Everyone else will know that requests were sent in after I type "((A murderer has been chosen.))" So,, yeah,, everyone save for the murderer will be in the dark until they discover it at the class trials, but they'll know someone is going to die soon. Monokuma'll probably spring it suddenly onto the students when the time comes.
your days of darkness
are numbered. prepare
to meet the light!
WRrtdZk.png a
arcanart / personal art

@chiaKittyNanami

Ah, okay, great on both counts. I'm glad that the other players will be in the dark about the murderer's identity, as I find that most group RPs are totally ruined by meta knowledge. You did answer my question, thank you. ^^

I'll think about a character that I'd like to play. Please hold a spot for me and ping me if I forget!
@chiaKittyNanami

Ah, okay, great on both counts. I'm glad that the other players will be in the dark about the murderer's identity, as I find that most group RPs are totally ruined by meta knowledge. You did answer my question, thank you. ^^

I'll think about a character that I'd like to play. Please hold a spot for me and ping me if I forget!
1 2