Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Parasite
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Straight to the point:

Humans getting occupied by parasites. They are infiltrated with the entire system.
In most cases the parasite unintentionally kills their host, as they lacks understanding of the human body and ends up killing them. But in few cases the parasite doesn't affect the nervous system and never reaches the brain, and instead they stick to the area in which they merged with the human.

The parasite gains the human extreme abilities in their hunt for blood, where they use the human as a vessel. But the two counterparts needs to work together, because if the parasite doesn't get blood, it will die, along with the human. And killing it's host will also kill itself.

Therefor they need to live in balance and keep each other alive, which is easier stated than for filled.
Dunno whenever the parasite is a sentient being.

If anyone is up for some surreal crap like this, ping me! We can maybe work something out. :p
Still a lot of things to discuss tho, this is full of plot holes
Straight to the point:

Humans getting occupied by parasites. They are infiltrated with the entire system.
In most cases the parasite unintentionally kills their host, as they lacks understanding of the human body and ends up killing them. But in few cases the parasite doesn't affect the nervous system and never reaches the brain, and instead they stick to the area in which they merged with the human.

The parasite gains the human extreme abilities in their hunt for blood, where they use the human as a vessel. But the two counterparts needs to work together, because if the parasite doesn't get blood, it will die, along with the human. And killing it's host will also kill itself.

Therefor they need to live in balance and keep each other alive, which is easier stated than for filled.
Dunno whenever the parasite is a sentient being.

If anyone is up for some surreal crap like this, ping me! We can maybe work something out. :p
Still a lot of things to discuss tho, this is full of plot holes
@Annekin

Duuude this RP has so much potential and I have ideas but I'm in class RN so I'll continue afterward
@Annekin

Duuude this RP has so much potential and I have ideas but I'm in class RN so I'll continue afterward
bann.png
@ChaoticKagura sounds great, I'll be waiting for ya
@ChaoticKagura sounds great, I'll be waiting for ya
@Annekin

Alright, so here are the ideas I came up with (finally home):

~ First of all, the parasites should be sentient definitely. Although they're probably selfish, solitary creatures by nature, some have even perhaps come to care for their hosts.

~ Secondly, there's two routes the plot I made can take. It can be supernatural, which I've developed way more, or it can be semi-realistic. I personally think the supernatural route allows for a lot more room for creativity and crazy plots. By supernatural, I mean that demons have invaded Earth via a reactor that a bunch of arrogant demonologists opened up, which acted as a portal so that they could communicate with demonic entities from the other side. Predictably, they lost control, and demons began to flood into the human world. There are many species and types of demons, some are pacifistic, merely curious, while others are downright murderous. They also range in power; there's lesser demons, all the way up to greater demons which are way more intelligent and nearly impossible to kill. SO to where our characters come in;

There was total panic, obviously. Military forces try to combat the entities but obviously get butchered. Humans are quickly dying by the tens of thousands, after only a week. Demonologists know they need to come up with a way to fix their f*ck up, and fast. They discover a species of small demons that they THINK are relatively weak. However, they discover that these demons are parasitic, meaning they must find a larger host and feed on the blood in order to activate their powers. They make a breakthrough, gather up a bunch of SWAT people and try to forcibly inject the parasites. Problem is, there's a 90% death rate. So the demonologists learn there's more to it than simply stuffing a parasite in a random body. If you've ever seen the movie Avatar (not the airbender one), it's kind of like that. The parasite and the hosts minds have to be able to synchronize, so they can communicate effectively. Otherwise, as you said, the parasites almost always end up killing the hosts within a few days. So the demonologists have to pick almost random people, try them with each parasite until they find a match. It's a lot of work for few results, because matches are hard to find, but the few people who were able to synchronize with a parasite are basically the world's last hope. Back to the parasites being sentient beings, I'm thinking that upon synchronization, the parasite and the host can actually begin to telepathically speak to one another. The hosts then begin to go through military training, as they learn to fight both physically and with their diverse, newfound powers. Eventually, after they're deemed ready, they're sent on the battle field. I'm thinking the story would begin about 7 months after the demon invasion, and probably in the 30th century, considering we have like mind connecting and multidimension portals.

IF you didn't want to go the supernatural route, we could also tone it down a little bit, and simply say that they're agents working for a government operation that hunts down really dangerous criminals. I'd be willing to give that a try as well.
@Annekin

Alright, so here are the ideas I came up with (finally home):

~ First of all, the parasites should be sentient definitely. Although they're probably selfish, solitary creatures by nature, some have even perhaps come to care for their hosts.

~ Secondly, there's two routes the plot I made can take. It can be supernatural, which I've developed way more, or it can be semi-realistic. I personally think the supernatural route allows for a lot more room for creativity and crazy plots. By supernatural, I mean that demons have invaded Earth via a reactor that a bunch of arrogant demonologists opened up, which acted as a portal so that they could communicate with demonic entities from the other side. Predictably, they lost control, and demons began to flood into the human world. There are many species and types of demons, some are pacifistic, merely curious, while others are downright murderous. They also range in power; there's lesser demons, all the way up to greater demons which are way more intelligent and nearly impossible to kill. SO to where our characters come in;

There was total panic, obviously. Military forces try to combat the entities but obviously get butchered. Humans are quickly dying by the tens of thousands, after only a week. Demonologists know they need to come up with a way to fix their f*ck up, and fast. They discover a species of small demons that they THINK are relatively weak. However, they discover that these demons are parasitic, meaning they must find a larger host and feed on the blood in order to activate their powers. They make a breakthrough, gather up a bunch of SWAT people and try to forcibly inject the parasites. Problem is, there's a 90% death rate. So the demonologists learn there's more to it than simply stuffing a parasite in a random body. If you've ever seen the movie Avatar (not the airbender one), it's kind of like that. The parasite and the hosts minds have to be able to synchronize, so they can communicate effectively. Otherwise, as you said, the parasites almost always end up killing the hosts within a few days. So the demonologists have to pick almost random people, try them with each parasite until they find a match. It's a lot of work for few results, because matches are hard to find, but the few people who were able to synchronize with a parasite are basically the world's last hope. Back to the parasites being sentient beings, I'm thinking that upon synchronization, the parasite and the host can actually begin to telepathically speak to one another. The hosts then begin to go through military training, as they learn to fight both physically and with their diverse, newfound powers. Eventually, after they're deemed ready, they're sent on the battle field. I'm thinking the story would begin about 7 months after the demon invasion, and probably in the 30th century, considering we have like mind connecting and multidimension portals.

IF you didn't want to go the supernatural route, we could also tone it down a little bit, and simply say that they're agents working for a government operation that hunts down really dangerous criminals. I'd be willing to give that a try as well.
bann.png
@ChaoticKagura Dude, this is so funny, because I thought exactly the same about demons. My whole inspiration was actually the aspect of "humans making deals with demons".
So I'm all in for that. And the parasites being sentient is, of course, also the idea I was leaning most toward.

I imagine they would need to use children as hosts, because they are young and therefor their body is more fit for hosting (their cells recover a lost faster and are more resident than an older, weaker body). Maybe around the time they hit puberty as both their psyche and entire system is under construction and the body may even see it as a natural part of development - Almost like cheating it.

But I was also thinking that instead of them being actual demons (even tho I think we should keep calling them that - It gives a great vibe to the atmosphere) it is maybe because our world is colliding with a parallel universe.
And only those with the parasites are able to see the dimension which the demons come from, because they are part-demon themselves. So they can enter it, almost like a ghost would wander around in our world. Maybe that is there the actual demons they have to fight lives?

Anyway I like to think that the demons, which they are fightning, actually aren't that many - Or they are ranked in a hieraki with a few greater demons controlling the rest?
@ChaoticKagura Dude, this is so funny, because I thought exactly the same about demons. My whole inspiration was actually the aspect of "humans making deals with demons".
So I'm all in for that. And the parasites being sentient is, of course, also the idea I was leaning most toward.

I imagine they would need to use children as hosts, because they are young and therefor their body is more fit for hosting (their cells recover a lost faster and are more resident than an older, weaker body). Maybe around the time they hit puberty as both their psyche and entire system is under construction and the body may even see it as a natural part of development - Almost like cheating it.

But I was also thinking that instead of them being actual demons (even tho I think we should keep calling them that - It gives a great vibe to the atmosphere) it is maybe because our world is colliding with a parallel universe.
And only those with the parasites are able to see the dimension which the demons come from, because they are part-demon themselves. So they can enter it, almost like a ghost would wander around in our world. Maybe that is there the actual demons they have to fight lives?

Anyway I like to think that the demons, which they are fightning, actually aren't that many - Or they are ranked in a hieraki with a few greater demons controlling the rest?
@Annekin

Great minds think alike ;D

Yes, when I talk about demons it's generally not like, demons that arose from hell to possess people. They're more like... violent entities. So you're saying regular people can't see the demons at all, by alternate dimension? Only those who have the parasite. I like that idea, actually. It would make things more interesting. And by young you mean like... idk, 10-16 years old? And also, generally the demon hierarchy is anarchy, the way I pictured it. Of course, certain species, depending on whether they are solitary or pack hunters, may group together, but usually it's not like they organized like an army. However, if a lesser demon is commanded to do something by a greater demon, of course they will obey. And it moves up like a pyramid, the lesser demons are the most common, with the levels of middle rankers being slightly smaller until you eventually get to the greater demons, there are only about 10 of them.

Also were you planning to make this a group RP or a 1x1?
@Annekin

Great minds think alike ;D

Yes, when I talk about demons it's generally not like, demons that arose from hell to possess people. They're more like... violent entities. So you're saying regular people can't see the demons at all, by alternate dimension? Only those who have the parasite. I like that idea, actually. It would make things more interesting. And by young you mean like... idk, 10-16 years old? And also, generally the demon hierarchy is anarchy, the way I pictured it. Of course, certain species, depending on whether they are solitary or pack hunters, may group together, but usually it's not like they organized like an army. However, if a lesser demon is commanded to do something by a greater demon, of course they will obey. And it moves up like a pyramid, the lesser demons are the most common, with the levels of middle rankers being slightly smaller until you eventually get to the greater demons, there are only about 10 of them.

Also were you planning to make this a group RP or a 1x1?
bann.png
@ChaoticKagura

Fools seldom differ. ;)

Great, we're on same terms!
And yes, something in that matter - Maybe people just started out of nothing catching a disease which lead to a heart attack? But why some people survived and others didn't, that would be a good question.
And yes, around 10-16, what do you think about that?

I like to imagine that the highest ranked demons are very prideful creatures and actually not are very involved with the war that the lesser demons and humans fight with each other, maybe: Like they believe humans are no match for them, and they only wishes to go against those who are worthy of them. That could make so f*cking awesome anti-heroes. Somewhat.

I actually just wanted to share the idea for whoever could be interested - But I don't know. What do you think would fit the role-play most?
@ChaoticKagura

Fools seldom differ. ;)

Great, we're on same terms!
And yes, something in that matter - Maybe people just started out of nothing catching a disease which lead to a heart attack? But why some people survived and others didn't, that would be a good question.
And yes, around 10-16, what do you think about that?

I like to imagine that the highest ranked demons are very prideful creatures and actually not are very involved with the war that the lesser demons and humans fight with each other, maybe: Like they believe humans are no match for them, and they only wishes to go against those who are worthy of them. That could make so f*cking awesome anti-heroes. Somewhat.

I actually just wanted to share the idea for whoever could be interested - But I don't know. What do you think would fit the role-play most?
@Annekin

Right. Maybe the demonologists tried to keep it hidden that it was demons causing all those mysterious deaths in the world at first, before eventually, of course everybody found out and they were forced to find a solution, which of course would lead to them essentially righting a despicable act by committing another despicable act (sending children as young as 10 out to fight supernatural forces). And yeah I think 10-16 is a good age group.

The greater demons are sort of like that. They couldn't care less about the fate of those beneath them, or even fellow greater demons. I have as of now three characters that will be the "greater demons", and although all three are totally sociopathic I think I'll have fun writing them whenever I get the chance. But yes, they wouldn't get involved in the conflict until our characters got strong enough to challenge them. Only the middle-class and lesser demons. The lesser demons are like the cockroaches, they're innumerous, grotesque and stupid. Then there's the middle class demons, who are blood-thirsty but smart enough to plan their attacks. A few races can even disguise themselves as humans.

And I think group, definitely. Not to mention I RP waaaaay better in groups.
@Annekin

Right. Maybe the demonologists tried to keep it hidden that it was demons causing all those mysterious deaths in the world at first, before eventually, of course everybody found out and they were forced to find a solution, which of course would lead to them essentially righting a despicable act by committing another despicable act (sending children as young as 10 out to fight supernatural forces). And yeah I think 10-16 is a good age group.

The greater demons are sort of like that. They couldn't care less about the fate of those beneath them, or even fellow greater demons. I have as of now three characters that will be the "greater demons", and although all three are totally sociopathic I think I'll have fun writing them whenever I get the chance. But yes, they wouldn't get involved in the conflict until our characters got strong enough to challenge them. Only the middle-class and lesser demons. The lesser demons are like the cockroaches, they're innumerous, grotesque and stupid. Then there's the middle class demons, who are blood-thirsty but smart enough to plan their attacks. A few races can even disguise themselves as humans.

And I think group, definitely. Not to mention I RP waaaaay better in groups.
bann.png
@ChaoticKagura @Annekin
I like the idea guys
I would be honored to join you and possibly share my opinion
If you would have me that is!
@ChaoticKagura @Annekin
I like the idea guys
I would be honored to join you and possibly share my opinion
If you would have me that is!
@Alkeid You're welcome! And speak what's on your mind, we're open for ideas. c:
@Alkeid You're welcome! And speak what's on your mind, we're open for ideas. c:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8