Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Water Front {Private}
1 2
@HalfheartedDoom

Abel listened to her describe her clan. The name was not familiar to him, but his clan's Headmaster would know of it most likely. Abel was just a servant after all, he didn't really keep track of anything going on outside the manor.

"Flaws?" He eyed her a bit more carefully, but found nothing amiss. "What sort of flaws?" There were many strange quirks in his clan, and certain personalities that could be considered 'flawed', but there were not many physically flawed dragons beyond one of their medics.

When he saw that she was settling in a more comfortable position, he followed suite; resting on haunches. He was used to standing over long periods of times, but there was no one to wait on here.
@HalfheartedDoom

Abel listened to her describe her clan. The name was not familiar to him, but his clan's Headmaster would know of it most likely. Abel was just a servant after all, he didn't really keep track of anything going on outside the manor.

"Flaws?" He eyed her a bit more carefully, but found nothing amiss. "What sort of flaws?" There were many strange quirks in his clan, and certain personalities that could be considered 'flawed', but there were not many physically flawed dragons beyond one of their medics.

When he saw that she was settling in a more comfortable position, he followed suite; resting on haunches. He was used to standing over long periods of times, but there was no one to wait on here.
91586610.png
@Wakener

She starred out upon the ocean as she began to talk her words weaving a pictured before him though her voice is always quiet and often falters. "Our clan leader has a sever case of inner demons, but he leads us well and keeps us safe. Our Philosopher, Nacreous, is wise, but he has a severe case of Shadow madness causing him often lose track of where he is or what he was doing. It's rather mild for any case of this madness, but his mate Cumulus - one of the main warriors of our clan - has become his anchor and looks after him well to make sure he doesn't do anything possibly detrimental to our clan.. Nightmare, our main interrogator.. and when it comes down to it executioner as well.. has lived up to his name. He came to us half deranged after the loss of his ward and even now wallows in his own dark mind. The ice ambassador is as cold as her flight to the very core. The very thought of breeding or even taking a romantic mate is abhorrent to her, and due to this many believe her to be completely heartless. Greenskeeper is a Wildclaw with an eating problem.. She is too kindhearted to want any to come to harm for her sake so she refuses to eat her portion of the meat many a time. Due to this she is often in a weakened state. Starfall was born into a male body, but believes herself to be female. Being from the Arcane flight well.. That didn't exactly line up with their scientific discoveries so the Archaist banned her from his territory. Jasper, who only recently converted over to being our healer, is another case of Shadow madness. It causes him to lose control when angered. Originally it was Clysea that helped it keep it under control through a structured rivalry and even sparring matches, but he found an anchor in Toxin, our disease master. Nyx also has Shadow madness her causing her to hear voices and see things - many of which come to pass in the future. She herself has chosen the path of a mute, but these voices will occasionally take over her body when someone asks a question of their future or for a mystical reading. However, every once in awhile the voices in her mind make her do awful things, and with no anchor there is no once to keep her grounded enough to keep this from happening. Ethren - our clan leader - handles it when it needs to be handled. Our scout, and the leader's mate, was a shadow dragon who loved to explore.. Well one day when she was young she accidentally fell and got knocked unconscious. When she awoke, her body was splattered with the glowing goo of the forest trees.. It had even melded to her hide itself rendering her defenseless against the predators of the forest, and unable to sneak about with the other shadow dragons undetected. I myself.. Am rather timid for a Guardian and am too afraid to take a charge lest i fail to guard it properly.. So the Tidelord sent me away.." She looks back at him after a long time of broken explanation some fear in her eyes seeing as she has said too much already.
@Wakener

She starred out upon the ocean as she began to talk her words weaving a pictured before him though her voice is always quiet and often falters. "Our clan leader has a sever case of inner demons, but he leads us well and keeps us safe. Our Philosopher, Nacreous, is wise, but he has a severe case of Shadow madness causing him often lose track of where he is or what he was doing. It's rather mild for any case of this madness, but his mate Cumulus - one of the main warriors of our clan - has become his anchor and looks after him well to make sure he doesn't do anything possibly detrimental to our clan.. Nightmare, our main interrogator.. and when it comes down to it executioner as well.. has lived up to his name. He came to us half deranged after the loss of his ward and even now wallows in his own dark mind. The ice ambassador is as cold as her flight to the very core. The very thought of breeding or even taking a romantic mate is abhorrent to her, and due to this many believe her to be completely heartless. Greenskeeper is a Wildclaw with an eating problem.. She is too kindhearted to want any to come to harm for her sake so she refuses to eat her portion of the meat many a time. Due to this she is often in a weakened state. Starfall was born into a male body, but believes herself to be female. Being from the Arcane flight well.. That didn't exactly line up with their scientific discoveries so the Archaist banned her from his territory. Jasper, who only recently converted over to being our healer, is another case of Shadow madness. It causes him to lose control when angered. Originally it was Clysea that helped it keep it under control through a structured rivalry and even sparring matches, but he found an anchor in Toxin, our disease master. Nyx also has Shadow madness her causing her to hear voices and see things - many of which come to pass in the future. She herself has chosen the path of a mute, but these voices will occasionally take over her body when someone asks a question of their future or for a mystical reading. However, every once in awhile the voices in her mind make her do awful things, and with no anchor there is no once to keep her grounded enough to keep this from happening. Ethren - our clan leader - handles it when it needs to be handled. Our scout, and the leader's mate, was a shadow dragon who loved to explore.. Well one day when she was young she accidentally fell and got knocked unconscious. When she awoke, her body was splattered with the glowing goo of the forest trees.. It had even melded to her hide itself rendering her defenseless against the predators of the forest, and unable to sneak about with the other shadow dragons undetected. I myself.. Am rather timid for a Guardian and am too afraid to take a charge lest i fail to guard it properly.. So the Tidelord sent me away.." She looks back at him after a long time of broken explanation some fear in her eyes seeing as she has said too much already.
@HalfheartedDoom

Abel found himself a bit caught off guard as the quiet dragoness suddenly began telling him about individual members of her clan. He had expected a vague explanation of who they were or what they did, nothing to elaborate (she didn't really know him after all).

She finally stopped talking and he caught a flash of fear in her eyes as she realized her mistake. That wasn't the type of information you told just anyone. It could do a lot of damage in the wrong hands. "Hmmm... Rather interesting bunch, then? My clan sounds dull in comparison, all a bunch of wealthy top-hats. One of our medics, Soren, is one of the few 'odd' ones. He always looks so ill and yet I have seen him outrun our Warders; he is rather creepy if you ask me." He wasn't about to go on about every member in his clan. He knew that he would be in more then just trouble if he went around spilling the secrets of the clan patrons.

He drew a circle in the sand with one claw, eyes going to his task. "I will keep what you said to myself; I am very good at that." He turned his eyes to look back up at her, smiling under his mask. "You know; that does not sound right; a Guardian being sent away because they are to timid? We have a Guardian in our clan. He has no charge and I do not think he will ever seek one; he is too busy throwing parties." Abel made a face; he hated cleaning up after those said parties.

"And of course we have a supposed 'phantom' that haunts the manor. All rather silly, really." He stopped with his drawing and swiped sand over it.
@HalfheartedDoom

Abel found himself a bit caught off guard as the quiet dragoness suddenly began telling him about individual members of her clan. He had expected a vague explanation of who they were or what they did, nothing to elaborate (she didn't really know him after all).

She finally stopped talking and he caught a flash of fear in her eyes as she realized her mistake. That wasn't the type of information you told just anyone. It could do a lot of damage in the wrong hands. "Hmmm... Rather interesting bunch, then? My clan sounds dull in comparison, all a bunch of wealthy top-hats. One of our medics, Soren, is one of the few 'odd' ones. He always looks so ill and yet I have seen him outrun our Warders; he is rather creepy if you ask me." He wasn't about to go on about every member in his clan. He knew that he would be in more then just trouble if he went around spilling the secrets of the clan patrons.

He drew a circle in the sand with one claw, eyes going to his task. "I will keep what you said to myself; I am very good at that." He turned his eyes to look back up at her, smiling under his mask. "You know; that does not sound right; a Guardian being sent away because they are to timid? We have a Guardian in our clan. He has no charge and I do not think he will ever seek one; he is too busy throwing parties." Abel made a face; he hated cleaning up after those said parties.

"And of course we have a supposed 'phantom' that haunts the manor. All rather silly, really." He stopped with his drawing and swiped sand over it.
91586610.png
@Wakener

She bit gently at the inside of her cheek - though she was careful not to draw any blood with her sharp fang - as he spoke of his clan's medic. He was sharing a bit of information himself, but.. Nothing in compared to what she had said. However, her nerves ease some as he promises not to share any of what she has spoken. She's honestly not sure if she can trust him, but at least she has a verbal promise of some sort. She lets a chuckle rumble in her chest at the description of the Guardian in their clan.

Her worried and quietly somber demeanor drastically changes as she mentions a phantom. Despite being a timid dragon (and even more timid hatchling), Wavecrest had always loved ghost stories even if very few of them outside of the ones from The Tangled Woods were even remotely credible. "Phantom?" She tail swished behind her slightly kicking up particles of sand just as a young hatchling would when extremely happy or excited. She never truly grew up at heart if any dragon could find the right buttons to bring out that side of her. Ghost stories and swimming were the only two things which could easily draw out this side no matter who was involved in them.
@Wakener

She bit gently at the inside of her cheek - though she was careful not to draw any blood with her sharp fang - as he spoke of his clan's medic. He was sharing a bit of information himself, but.. Nothing in compared to what she had said. However, her nerves ease some as he promises not to share any of what she has spoken. She's honestly not sure if she can trust him, but at least she has a verbal promise of some sort. She lets a chuckle rumble in her chest at the description of the Guardian in their clan.

Her worried and quietly somber demeanor drastically changes as she mentions a phantom. Despite being a timid dragon (and even more timid hatchling), Wavecrest had always loved ghost stories even if very few of them outside of the ones from The Tangled Woods were even remotely credible. "Phantom?" She tail swished behind her slightly kicking up particles of sand just as a young hatchling would when extremely happy or excited. She never truly grew up at heart if any dragon could find the right buttons to bring out that side of her. Ghost stories and swimming were the only two things which could easily draw out this side no matter who was involved in them.
@HalfheartedDoom

Abel cocked his head ever so slightly upon seeing the effect mentioning the Phantom had on her. He smiled slightly under his mask. "Yes. Any strange occurrences, such as pranks, misplaced objects, and other things are blamed on him." Or her? Abel really wasn't sure since he didn't believe. To him, the Phantom was just something the patrons made up to take the blame for actions they didn't want placed on themselves; rather good or bad.

Granted he had seen some strange things himself. A dark shadow in the halls after everyone else has gone to bed, a voice where there was no one. He usually just marked it off as his mind playing tricks on him or one of the younger dragons playing a trick on him.
@HalfheartedDoom

Abel cocked his head ever so slightly upon seeing the effect mentioning the Phantom had on her. He smiled slightly under his mask. "Yes. Any strange occurrences, such as pranks, misplaced objects, and other things are blamed on him." Or her? Abel really wasn't sure since he didn't believe. To him, the Phantom was just something the patrons made up to take the blame for actions they didn't want placed on themselves; rather good or bad.

Granted he had seen some strange things himself. A dark shadow in the halls after everyone else has gone to bed, a voice where there was no one. He usually just marked it off as his mind playing tricks on him or one of the younger dragons playing a trick on him.
91586610.png
@Wakener

A hum rumbles through her chest, and the Guardian nods. She stares off over the waters feeling as if the subject of the phantom is rather closed off whether that be because the other doesn't believe or that discussing it is taboo in his clan. However, before they part ways she does wish to know at least one tiny tidbit about him aside from his name. "What... Um forgive me if this is a rather rude question, but.. What is your station in your clan?"
@Wakener

A hum rumbles through her chest, and the Guardian nods. She stares off over the waters feeling as if the subject of the phantom is rather closed off whether that be because the other doesn't believe or that discussing it is taboo in his clan. However, before they part ways she does wish to know at least one tiny tidbit about him aside from his name. "What... Um forgive me if this is a rather rude question, but.. What is your station in your clan?"
1 2