Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Quite the shopping list (private)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
She poured some of the mixture of herbs and added water to it, stirring it into a paste, which she then took out with some bandages. "Sit, Mortal." She motioned to the chair.
@Auxiliaria
She poured some of the mixture of herbs and added water to it, stirring it into a paste, which she then took out with some bandages. "Sit, Mortal." She motioned to the chair.
@Auxiliaria
•I no longer play, but that's left of my lair is not for sale•
@ElphabaThropp

"I have a name." Garrett dryly said with a sigh, before complying meekly enough.

If they were really going to spend any time together out in the wilderness, he was going to have to work on that in particular.
@ElphabaThropp

"I have a name." Garrett dryly said with a sigh, before complying meekly enough.

If they were really going to spend any time together out in the wilderness, he was going to have to work on that in particular.
Gwendolyn redressed a couple of his wounds and carefully helped him into some of his clothing since his range of motion was limited. "Are we ready?" She asked him when he was finished.
@Auxiliaria
Gwendolyn redressed a couple of his wounds and carefully helped him into some of his clothing since his range of motion was limited. "Are we ready?" She asked him when he was finished.
@Auxiliaria
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett pulled his arms into his coat, and shifted his weight between his two legs, listening to the hushed noise of his hauberk clinking against the inside of his gambeson. He took his blades, and slid his belt back on. He felt secure in his light armor. His belt clicked, and the familiar weight of all his equipment pressed back onto him.

He nodded to Gwendolyn.

"The cat should come with us."
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett pulled his arms into his coat, and shifted his weight between his two legs, listening to the hushed noise of his hauberk clinking against the inside of his gambeson. He took his blades, and slid his belt back on. He felt secure in his light armor. His belt clicked, and the familiar weight of all his equipment pressed back onto him.

He nodded to Gwendolyn.

"The cat should come with us."
"of course Kitty is coming with." She said with a tone as if 'how dare he suspect otherwise'. She picked it up and put it on her shoulder, where it purred. "Though I think you're just a cat person." She gave a little smirk and opened the door, ushering him out first before she left.

She then mumbled something under her breath and the cottage glowed for a moment.
@Auxiliaria
"of course Kitty is coming with." She said with a tone as if 'how dare he suspect otherwise'. She picked it up and put it on her shoulder, where it purred. "Though I think you're just a cat person." She gave a little smirk and opened the door, ushering him out first before she left.

She then mumbled something under her breath and the cottage glowed for a moment.
@Auxiliaria
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett whistled for the horse, and set the griffon head to his game hook. When the horse came near, he attached the hook to the back of the saddle, after wrapping it in oiled cloth. The man got a good hold of the reins, from where he stood. He then turned to look at Gwendolyn.

"I trust you can get into the saddle yourself?" He asked vaguely. He didn't want to out and out help her if she didn't need it.
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett whistled for the horse, and set the griffon head to his game hook. When the horse came near, he attached the hook to the back of the saddle, after wrapping it in oiled cloth. The man got a good hold of the reins, from where he stood. He then turned to look at Gwendolyn.

"I trust you can get into the saddle yourself?" He asked vaguely. He didn't want to out and out help her if she didn't need it.
"Of course." She nodded, forcing herself not to take any offense. She put one leg in the stirrup and threw the other around the horse... Quite the opposite of any respectable lady. Kitty curled up in front of her, not minding at all being a little squished.
@Auxiliaria
"Of course." She nodded, forcing herself not to take any offense. She put one leg in the stirrup and threw the other around the horse... Quite the opposite of any respectable lady. Kitty curled up in front of her, not minding at all being a little squished.
@Auxiliaria
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett was relieved. He didn't want this to be awkward because of her reactions. He then hoisted himself up into the saddle in one clean and learned movement, scooted in right behind her, and gave a soft cough to excuse himself as he reached around her to grab the reins.

A small kick and the horse was trotting away.

"Three miles away? Which direction?" He asked.
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett was relieved. He didn't want this to be awkward because of her reactions. He then hoisted himself up into the saddle in one clean and learned movement, scooted in right behind her, and gave a soft cough to excuse himself as he reached around her to grab the reins.

A small kick and the horse was trotting away.

"Three miles away? Which direction?" He asked.
"Go to the village." She told the horse, which snorted, turned around, and galloped off quickly.
"He already knows the way." She gave a soft chuckle. "He will take us there." She leaned back against him the slightest bit.
@Auxiliaria
"Go to the village." She told the horse, which snorted, turned around, and galloped off quickly.
"He already knows the way." She gave a soft chuckle. "He will take us there." She leaned back against him the slightest bit.
@Auxiliaria
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett let her. He wasn't concerned so long as she wasn't mad. He watched where they were going, attempting to familiarize himself with the area.

The fresh air was nice. He closed his eyes for a half moment, and let in a deep breath, once again more than pleased to be on the road again. It filled him with a nice sense of purpose. Things were back on track.

Though he couldn't help but think again about the little enchantress with the porcelain skin in the court of Ferdenelle. What had her name been? Sarah? Sasha? He couldn't remember and it bothered him. She had been a canny and vulpine little thing, with a witty smile like glass.

But he was here, at least two years away from then. Two years away from his friends- the few of them, outside bootsmen. Two years and more than a few drinks away. But here--?

And with this curious little witch, Gwendolyn, who seemed unclear in her opinion of him. That was okay. If she was unsure of what to think of him, perhaps that granted him some safety in ambiguity- for if she were to attempt to use him she would have to consider the unknown risks.

Her hair did smell nice. He let out the breath he wasn't sure if he'd been holding for very long, and opened his eyes to look at the road in front of them.

Go to the town, get clothing and supplies, go to the next town across the marsh, receive your bounty, and then head next to the lowlands. There should be drakes in the cliff faces. Perhaps some vents. Somewhere hot, where salamanders might abide.

Find a well, get a wyrms' tooth. Easy enough. Gwendolyn can handle the herbs. Why would she need the heart of a Rusalka, a river vampire? Why the tongues of trolls and the eye of a kelpie? The ingredients became more and more exotic the farther along the list. Whatever the spell it was an older one, due to the variance of the ingredients. More recent and conventional spells were written with the knowledge of what existed these days.
Garrett thought over his list of things to do, brow creasing.

After a short while of thinking over these exact things, the town rose into view.
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett let her. He wasn't concerned so long as she wasn't mad. He watched where they were going, attempting to familiarize himself with the area.

The fresh air was nice. He closed his eyes for a half moment, and let in a deep breath, once again more than pleased to be on the road again. It filled him with a nice sense of purpose. Things were back on track.

Though he couldn't help but think again about the little enchantress with the porcelain skin in the court of Ferdenelle. What had her name been? Sarah? Sasha? He couldn't remember and it bothered him. She had been a canny and vulpine little thing, with a witty smile like glass.

But he was here, at least two years away from then. Two years away from his friends- the few of them, outside bootsmen. Two years and more than a few drinks away. But here--?

And with this curious little witch, Gwendolyn, who seemed unclear in her opinion of him. That was okay. If she was unsure of what to think of him, perhaps that granted him some safety in ambiguity- for if she were to attempt to use him she would have to consider the unknown risks.

Her hair did smell nice. He let out the breath he wasn't sure if he'd been holding for very long, and opened his eyes to look at the road in front of them.

Go to the town, get clothing and supplies, go to the next town across the marsh, receive your bounty, and then head next to the lowlands. There should be drakes in the cliff faces. Perhaps some vents. Somewhere hot, where salamanders might abide.

Find a well, get a wyrms' tooth. Easy enough. Gwendolyn can handle the herbs. Why would she need the heart of a Rusalka, a river vampire? Why the tongues of trolls and the eye of a kelpie? The ingredients became more and more exotic the farther along the list. Whatever the spell it was an older one, due to the variance of the ingredients. More recent and conventional spells were written with the knowledge of what existed these days.
Garrett thought over his list of things to do, brow creasing.

After a short while of thinking over these exact things, the town rose into view.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15