Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Quite the shopping list (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
"Garrett hissed under his breath in pain at the kitten who had dug its sharp little daggers into his leg, giving it a small ruffle of its fur. He then sat back down, understanding he probably couldn't walk to the next town like this without risking a lot. Still, he was under the impression she was like all the other magi he'd met before.

So he watched her meaningfully for a long minute, his brow working over his tired eyes.

"You don't look to be part of a Coterie. Why is that?" He finally asked, after the small beast in his lap had calmed down and was purring again. He rubbed an eye with the heel of his palm as he asked this.

@ElphabaThropp
"Garrett hissed under his breath in pain at the kitten who had dug its sharp little daggers into his leg, giving it a small ruffle of its fur. He then sat back down, understanding he probably couldn't walk to the next town like this without risking a lot. Still, he was under the impression she was like all the other magi he'd met before.

So he watched her meaningfully for a long minute, his brow working over his tired eyes.

"You don't look to be part of a Coterie. Why is that?" He finally asked, after the small beast in his lap had calmed down and was purring again. He rubbed an eye with the heel of his palm as he asked this.

@ElphabaThropp
"Maybe because I'm not... Political garbage." She rolled her eyes. Gwen sat up straighter, lifting her dress a bit. "I have no interest in domineering over others lives." She hissed at the accusation.
The kitten jumped down and over to its owner, purring loudly as it rubbed against her hand.

"Now do you want food or are you going to be a stubborn mule?" She asked with a chuckle.
@Auxiliaria
"Maybe because I'm not... Political garbage." She rolled her eyes. Gwen sat up straighter, lifting her dress a bit. "I have no interest in domineering over others lives." She hissed at the accusation.
The kitten jumped down and over to its owner, purring loudly as it rubbed against her hand.

"Now do you want food or are you going to be a stubborn mule?" She asked with a chuckle.
@Auxiliaria
•I no longer play, but that's left of my lair is not for sale•
Admittedly, Garett had looked at her legs a moment before his gaze darted back up. He was getting a little irritated with how she was dressed. It wasn't distracting but it was getting there.

Still, he was her guest. He ought not say anything about it. His mother had instilled better manners in him than that.

"Whatever you desire to fix, I will eat. I am your guest, after all." And by extension at your mercy, I suppose, he added internally as an afterthought.

@ElphabaThropp
Admittedly, Garett had looked at her legs a moment before his gaze darted back up. He was getting a little irritated with how she was dressed. It wasn't distracting but it was getting there.

Still, he was her guest. He ought not say anything about it. His mother had instilled better manners in him than that.

"Whatever you desire to fix, I will eat. I am your guest, after all." And by extension at your mercy, I suppose, he added internally as an afterthought.

@ElphabaThropp
"You're not a guest, you're a burden... Böse Menschen." She gently stroked the I kitten and tucked an ebony curl behind her pointed ear. The look in her eyes was emotionally unstable and pained. She set the cat down and stood to go make food. "I'd appreciate it if you'd stop looking at me like that." Gwendolyn said quietly before turning the corner and leaving.
"You're not a guest, you're a burden... Böse Menschen." She gently stroked the I kitten and tucked an ebony curl behind her pointed ear. The look in her eyes was emotionally unstable and pained. She set the cat down and stood to go make food. "I'd appreciate it if you'd stop looking at me like that." Gwendolyn said quietly before turning the corner and leaving.
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett caught the look for certain, but said nothing. Instead he only felt a little bad. And it made him feel as though he were some lecher: when he knew he really wasn't. He gave a soft exhale, his hands on his thighs, before looking down at the kitten she had left behind.

"What do you think?" He asked the small purring creature, soft, warm and simple. He was personally thankful on some level this witch had taken him into her care: it had been very generous of her. He needn't lose sight of it. And she was likely a bit antisocial if she lived alone and didn't associate with other magi or formal organizations.

She also didn't look fully human. Which in itself was a little reassuring to Garrett. Non-humans were always easier to understand. Their motives were more simple. He tsked quietly and leaned down to reach his hands out, open palmed, to entice the small creature back into his lap.

Perhaps he would ask if she needed anything done. Like...building a shed or something he could quickly do to express his gratitude then get back on the road.
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett caught the look for certain, but said nothing. Instead he only felt a little bad. And it made him feel as though he were some lecher: when he knew he really wasn't. He gave a soft exhale, his hands on his thighs, before looking down at the kitten she had left behind.

"What do you think?" He asked the small purring creature, soft, warm and simple. He was personally thankful on some level this witch had taken him into her care: it had been very generous of her. He needn't lose sight of it. And she was likely a bit antisocial if she lived alone and didn't associate with other magi or formal organizations.

She also didn't look fully human. Which in itself was a little reassuring to Garrett. Non-humans were always easier to understand. Their motives were more simple. He tsked quietly and leaned down to reach his hands out, open palmed, to entice the small creature back into his lap.

Perhaps he would ask if she needed anything done. Like...building a shed or something he could quickly do to express his gratitude then get back on the road.
Gwendolyn went into the kitchen and looked down at herself, her cheeks flushing. "I look like a *****..." She whispered to herself and put on a robe before starting the meal. She made one of her favorite German dishes and brought it out to him.
"H-here..." She whispered.
@Auxiliaria
Gwendolyn went into the kitchen and looked down at herself, her cheeks flushing. "I look like a *****..." She whispered to herself and put on a robe before starting the meal. She made one of her favorite German dishes and brought it out to him.
"H-here..." She whispered.
@Auxiliaria
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett took the dish thankfully, glad to put something warm into his stomach. He had eaten at quite a few hospitable homes in a few western areas. He had tasted a wide variety of foods, and this was no exception. He was not particularly picky, either. It was edible and warm, and did have an effect on his mood.

"Thank you." He gratefully said, soft and polite, after he had made quick work of it. He had been ravenous, it seemed. He waited a moment, before fiddling with his signet on his chain.

"Do you truly live alone? How far are you from the nearest town?" There were the implications in his head that since she was a witch she may have been ousted, or in hiding currently. Depending on how rural an area was, enchantresses were either deemed with no respect, or all the respect possible. "And I meant other than the cat, when I said alone." He added, some soft laughter in his voice to this woman whose name he didn't even know yet, quite amusingly.
@ElphabaThropp

Garrett took the dish thankfully, glad to put something warm into his stomach. He had eaten at quite a few hospitable homes in a few western areas. He had tasted a wide variety of foods, and this was no exception. He was not particularly picky, either. It was edible and warm, and did have an effect on his mood.

"Thank you." He gratefully said, soft and polite, after he had made quick work of it. He had been ravenous, it seemed. He waited a moment, before fiddling with his signet on his chain.

"Do you truly live alone? How far are you from the nearest town?" There were the implications in his head that since she was a witch she may have been ousted, or in hiding currently. Depending on how rural an area was, enchantresses were either deemed with no respect, or all the respect possible. "And I meant other than the cat, when I said alone." He added, some soft laughter in his voice to this woman whose name he didn't even know yet, quite amusingly.
"Yes, I live alone..." She frowned a little. She hated that word. Alone. She was lonely enough, why did people have to use that word. The frustration in her eyes was obvious and she turned away. "The nearest town is... three miles." Gwendolyn whispered. "When you are better, I will take you there... more?" She motioned to the empty plate.
@Auxiliaria
"Yes, I live alone..." She frowned a little. She hated that word. Alone. She was lonely enough, why did people have to use that word. The frustration in her eyes was obvious and she turned away. "The nearest town is... three miles." Gwendolyn whispered. "When you are better, I will take you there... more?" She motioned to the empty plate.
@Auxiliaria
@ElphabaThropp

"Nothing wrong with solitude, you know," Garrett said emphatically. "Even though I'm a bootsman, I spend years alone before running into anyone else I can formally speak to. Solitude makes you independent. Strong." He said, with a concerned crease to his brow. He shrugged with one shoulder at her question, sucking his cheeks in. "So long as you don't allow me to eat all you have in your home." He answered, perhaps a bit chastened by how hungry he was.

The food was good, he had to admit. And the town only being 3 miles away? Not too bad.
@ElphabaThropp

"Nothing wrong with solitude, you know," Garrett said emphatically. "Even though I'm a bootsman, I spend years alone before running into anyone else I can formally speak to. Solitude makes you independent. Strong." He said, with a concerned crease to his brow. He shrugged with one shoulder at her question, sucking his cheeks in. "So long as you don't allow me to eat all you have in your home." He answered, perhaps a bit chastened by how hungry he was.

The food was good, he had to admit. And the town only being 3 miles away? Not too bad.
"Ja? Well, a couple centuries of it will change your mind." She said dryly and took his plate to go get him more food. "I have a garden behind my house, you will not eat everything." She told him and the can followed her, hoping it would be fed.
She almost tripped over it. "Kitty!" She exclaimed.
@Auxiliaria
"Ja? Well, a couple centuries of it will change your mind." She said dryly and took his plate to go get him more food. "I have a garden behind my house, you will not eat everything." She told him and the can followed her, hoping it would be fed.
She almost tripped over it. "Kitty!" She exclaimed.
@Auxiliaria
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15