Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP with Vilte
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@Starsilver

Zvaigzdinis tensed as the unfamiliar wave of magic passed over him, then forced himself to relax as he heard the announced explanation. He could still see everyone, but the elusive thrum of magic wavered around his antennae.
He whistled to himself and muttered quietly "H*** of a spell...." This was good. Never let them see you coming.
He flew around a bit until he found a masked and cloaked pearlcatcher.
"What can you tell me, Mimic?" he asked the mystic.
He had brushed her off when they first met. Fortune tellers were a dime a dozen, babbling vague platitudes for treasure on street corners. But she had been consistently right, and he found it better to believe her than not.

The pearlcatcher frowned. "Nothing. My reading before we left was what you would expect- aggression, battle, harm. A suspension. Death is possible but not certain. And some sort of trickery afterwards."
"Trickery? You think we'll be caught in a trap? Or betrayed?" he eyed the Velian clan sidelong.
"No, it was...lighter than that. A game or prank. It's a sign that comes up often when I ask about Vitas or Naktis. Someone will be entertaining themselves after all this. The question is who."

He pondered that for a moment. "And what about now?"
She scowled. "The stars are concealed, and I can't spread the cards while in flight. Nor can I stop and chat with local spirits. I can still look into my Pearl, but that's always the murkiest of my tools."

"I thought that was all for show. That whatever talent you have...it's in your own head, right?"

"The talent a painter has is in his head. Yet he still needs a brush and canvas to express it. The knowledge is there. But right now, I cannot amplify or clarify it."

Zvai nodded. Pity. She'd be fine. No true warrior, but uncannily lucky in battle. And her three children fought beasts for a living.

"Watch yourself, Mimic." he said, flying away to see anything else worth noticing.
"I watch everything."

@Starsilver

Zvaigzdinis tensed as the unfamiliar wave of magic passed over him, then forced himself to relax as he heard the announced explanation. He could still see everyone, but the elusive thrum of magic wavered around his antennae.
He whistled to himself and muttered quietly "H*** of a spell...." This was good. Never let them see you coming.
He flew around a bit until he found a masked and cloaked pearlcatcher.
"What can you tell me, Mimic?" he asked the mystic.
He had brushed her off when they first met. Fortune tellers were a dime a dozen, babbling vague platitudes for treasure on street corners. But she had been consistently right, and he found it better to believe her than not.

The pearlcatcher frowned. "Nothing. My reading before we left was what you would expect- aggression, battle, harm. A suspension. Death is possible but not certain. And some sort of trickery afterwards."
"Trickery? You think we'll be caught in a trap? Or betrayed?" he eyed the Velian clan sidelong.
"No, it was...lighter than that. A game or prank. It's a sign that comes up often when I ask about Vitas or Naktis. Someone will be entertaining themselves after all this. The question is who."

He pondered that for a moment. "And what about now?"
She scowled. "The stars are concealed, and I can't spread the cards while in flight. Nor can I stop and chat with local spirits. I can still look into my Pearl, but that's always the murkiest of my tools."

"I thought that was all for show. That whatever talent you have...it's in your own head, right?"

"The talent a painter has is in his head. Yet he still needs a brush and canvas to express it. The knowledge is there. But right now, I cannot amplify or clarify it."

Zvai nodded. Pity. She'd be fine. No true warrior, but uncannily lucky in battle. And her three children fought beasts for a living.

"Watch yourself, Mimic." he said, flying away to see anything else worth noticing.
"I watch everything."

sig_vilet_by_vampireselene13-d9ftvsm.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14