Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | WIP- We are connected. {Interest check}
1 2
[center][img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/9d87/f/2015/163/9/e/untitled_drawing_by_diamondarkangel-d8x0fdd.png[/img][/center] --------------- [center][b]Long ago, there was a kingdom, called the kingdom of the three kings, after the three kings that ruled there. The first, king Midus, was ruler of all elven and human races. The second, Almanac, ruled over all hybrid races and animals. The third, Kaihei, was the reluctant ruler of the underworld, and all of its demonic inhabitants. Over time, Kaihei became tired of the peace that the three had worked so hard to create. He was tired from ruling the underworld, and wanted to take the kingdom for himself. The others, Almanac and Midus, attempted to talk things through with Kaihei, but they could not get him to see reason. His time ruling the underworld had forced him to become a cold, spiteful man. The other kings then turned on themselves, as they blamed each other for pushing their friend down the path of unruly hatred, and forcing the rule over the demons on him. And so, the kingdom was divided, a rift torn between once good friends, which reflected not soon after on the townspeople. [/b][/center] [center][b]~[/b][/center] [center][img]http://orig13.deviantart.net/7520/f/2015/162/b/e/the_three_kings__by_diamondarkangel-d8wywh3.png[/img][/center] [center]~[/center] [center][b]Three hundred, bitter years passed. The old kings were long forgotten, yet the the hatred they had bestowed upon one another and their people remained. On a cold winter's evening, an elf woman by the name of Andromeda gave birth to a child. She could tell that her child was special, because when she cupped her child's tiny hand, she saw a vision- a vision that in the near future, she would die at the hand of a human boy, but only to show her undying love and devotion for her broken kingdom. As foreseen, a few months later, she was brutally attacked by a young boy with a knife, who thieved her purse, then made a sharp exit. She lay dying, no hatred to the poor starving boy who wronged her so horribly. She realized, in her final moments, how similar to the boy she was; cold, hungry and tired of fighting. Upon dying, she ascended into the heavens. And thus, the creation of the Kingdom's first goddess came into being. Andromeda gifted the people of the Kingdom with magic, and in return, the townspeople forged a new, fourth district; the province of Maucah. A further three hundred years on, the war has ended, and the province's capital, Castein, flourishes. It is the first city in six hundred years to be culturally diverse. since the war.[/b][/center] [center][b]~[/b][/center] [center][img]http://orig04.deviantart.net/f5d3/f/2015/161/e/8/the_province_of_maucah_by_diamondarkangel-d8ws7t5.png[/img][/center] [center]~[/center] [center]The history of our province is thought to be only a rumour, but there are those that believe in this rumour as much as the goddess herself. We believe that much like Andromeda, we can change our fate, and those of others through selfless acts. We are one spirit, one soul, which lives in the earth, the sea, and the wind. In the air we breathe, and the bonds we share. Together, [i][b]we are connected.[/b][/i][/center] ------------------------------------ [u][b]Intrest Check[/b][/u] Hello! Welcome to the We are Connected Roleplay! This is a roleplay that follows the lives of different characters, as they grow as people. For the most part, it will be set in Castein's university, a place where gifted individuals of all races can become the best of the best when it comes to fighting, magic, and pretty much everything else. This is a form of fantasy Rp with as much action as you want! Violence and death of your characters is allowed, but be warned; once they are dead, there is no bringing them back to life. There will be intervals in this roleplay where your character(s) has the opportunity to show off their skills in things such as tournaments and 'School trips'. I am attempting to make this Rp as arty as possible, including character sprites for all of your characters. If you are not comfortable drawing your own, I will attempt to draw them for you, but if you don't like how I have drawn them, I deeply apologize. There will be drawn scenes for you, such as images of the common room, the identical dorms and any other areas that are important to the story. I am attempting to get a second artist on the bandwagon, to help with these things. The character sprites will have/ should have at least 8 different expressions, so that it will be easier for you to see what mood a character is in at the time. Half of my characters will act as NPCs, while I have a couple actively roleplaying. These NPCs are there to help you understand what is going on. When the NPCs are talking, I will ping you, as if you were all in the same room when he/ she are speaking. I invite anyone of any literacy level to join, but please avoid typing errors if possible. It really gets on my nerves. If you are interested, simply say on this forum here, and I will ping you when I begin putting together character sheets on the OOC thread. Ciao~ Aeris. --- [u][b]Mini update: Talk Sprites.[/b][/u] This is roughly what a talksprite will look like in terms of size and style; Here's the finished result of much chopping and changing with the talk sprite: [center][img]http://orig10.deviantart.net/df8c/f/2015/165/1/5/untitled_drawing_by_diamondarkangel-d8x891q.png[/img] [/center] There is also now an OOC thread! It's right here: [url]http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1467520[/url]
untitled_drawing_by_diamondarkangel-d8x0fdd.png

Long ago, there was a kingdom, called the kingdom of the three kings, after the three kings that ruled there. The first, king Midus, was ruler of all elven and human races. The second, Almanac, ruled over all hybrid races and animals. The third, Kaihei, was the reluctant ruler of the underworld, and all of its demonic inhabitants. Over time, Kaihei became tired of the peace that the three had worked so hard to create. He was tired from ruling the underworld, and wanted to take the kingdom for himself. The others, Almanac and Midus, attempted to talk things through with Kaihei, but they could not get him to see reason. His time ruling the underworld had forced him to become a cold, spiteful man. The other kings then turned on themselves, as they blamed each other for pushing their friend down the path of unruly hatred, and forcing the rule over the demons on him. And so, the kingdom was divided, a rift torn between once good friends, which reflected not soon after on the townspeople.
~

the_three_kings__by_diamondarkangel-d8wywh3.png

~
Three hundred, bitter years passed. The old kings were long forgotten, yet the the hatred they had bestowed upon one another and their people remained. On a cold winter's evening, an elf woman by the name of Andromeda gave birth to a child. She could tell that her child was special, because when she cupped her child's tiny hand, she saw a vision- a vision that in the near future, she would die at the hand of a human boy, but only to show her undying love and devotion for her broken kingdom. As foreseen, a few months later, she was brutally attacked by a young boy with a knife, who thieved her purse, then made a sharp exit. She lay dying, no hatred to the poor starving boy who wronged her so horribly. She realized, in her final moments, how similar to the boy she was; cold, hungry and tired of fighting. Upon dying, she ascended into the heavens. And thus, the creation of the Kingdom's first goddess came into being. Andromeda gifted the people of the Kingdom with magic, and in return, the townspeople forged a new, fourth district; the province of Maucah. A further three hundred years on, the war has ended, and the province's capital, Castein, flourishes. It is the first city in six hundred years to be culturally diverse. since the war.

~
the_province_of_maucah_by_diamondarkangel-d8ws7t5.png
~
The history of our province is thought to be only a rumour, but there are those that believe in this rumour as much as the goddess herself. We believe that much like Andromeda, we can change our fate, and those of others through selfless acts. We are one spirit, one soul, which lives in the earth, the sea, and the wind. In the air we breathe, and the bonds we share. Together, we are connected.

Intrest Check

Hello! Welcome to the We are Connected Roleplay! This is a roleplay that follows the lives of different characters, as they grow as people. For the most part, it will be set in Castein's university, a place where gifted individuals of all races can become the best of the best when it comes to fighting, magic, and pretty much everything else. This is a form of fantasy Rp with as much action as you want! Violence and death of your characters is allowed, but be warned; once they are dead, there is no bringing them back to life. There will be intervals in this roleplay where your character(s) has the opportunity to show off their skills in things such as tournaments and 'School trips'.

I am attempting to make this Rp as arty as possible, including character sprites for all of your characters. If you are not comfortable drawing your own, I will attempt to draw them for you, but if you don't like how I have drawn them, I deeply apologize. There will be drawn scenes for you, such as images of the common room, the identical dorms and any other areas that are important to the story. I am attempting to get a second artist on the bandwagon, to help with these things. The character sprites will have/ should have at least 8 different expressions, so that it will be easier for you to see what mood a character is in at the time. Half of my characters will act as NPCs, while I have a couple actively roleplaying. These NPCs are there to help you understand what is going on. When the NPCs are talking, I will ping you, as if you were all in the same room when he/ she are speaking.

I invite anyone of any literacy level to join, but please avoid typing errors if possible. It really gets on my nerves.

If you are interested, simply say on this forum here, and I will ping you when I begin putting together character sheets on the OOC thread.

Ciao~
Aeris.

---
Mini update: Talk Sprites.

This is roughly what a talksprite will look like in terms of size and style;

Here's the finished result of much chopping and changing with the talk sprite:

untitled_drawing_by_diamondarkangel-d8x891q.png

There is also now an OOC thread! It's right here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1467520

forum_signature_by_diamondarkangel-d8kwjzd.png
Bump~
Bump~
this sounds interesting! would the sprites be pixel based or drawn? and are there races other than humans and elves?
this sounds interesting! would the sprites be pixel based or drawn? and are there races other than humans and elves?
I would definitely be interested in this!
I would definitely be interested in this!
tumblr_mx0k4nv8sk1scuu34o1_100.png
Ok! :D I'll ping you both when it's up and ready~

And yes, there are more races than just humans and elves! It's pretty much anything you imagine, just not full on animal creatures that talk. The sprites can be either, but I'll be drawing them so they don't look as pixel-y

@dragonfly
@kamiden
Ok! :D I'll ping you both when it's up and ready~

And yes, there are more races than just humans and elves! It's pretty much anything you imagine, just not full on animal creatures that talk. The sprites can be either, but I'll be drawing them so they don't look as pixel-y

@dragonfly
@kamiden
Bump~
Bump~
@AerisBlanchett, definitely interested, this sounds awesome!

I *can try* to draw my character, but I am not that good, so would you mind giving me a hand? Basically my picture serves as reference for you?
@AerisBlanchett, definitely interested, this sounds awesome!

I *can try* to draw my character, but I am not that good, so would you mind giving me a hand? Basically my picture serves as reference for you?
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
Yeah sure. That's what I was sorta counting on anyways c:
@Nimphy
Yeah sure. That's what I was sorta counting on anyways c:
@Nimphy
Bumpity bump~
Bumpity bump~
Bump!
Bump!
1 2