Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dianthus [closed]
1 2
Clan Pleiades has long devoted itself to the study and experimentation of magic. Pleiades has met several breakthroughs, improving upon older spells and inventing new ones as well as techniques. Everything they have learne is stored in the clan Archives in the Arcane territories. But magic is a force beyond the control of dragonkind, and Pleiades has stumbled across a few of its unsavory secrets. Sorneith, the land of perpetual war and conflict, would be torn apart in the constant struggle for power among the flights. The reign of dragons and their deities would end. All of Pleiades' secrets are kept under lock and key in the Archives for the benefit of the public. Under the careful eyes of their Keepers, nothing gets in or out without their knowledge.
But currently, Clan Pleiades is divided. Their leader, Undae, has gone to the Tidelord's domain in her own soul searching quest. Refusing to leave their leader, nearly half the clan has accompanied her in her journey. The other half has been left to maintain the old lair and, of course, watch the Archives. But their security has weakened, and without a proper leader they are more than a little vulnerable.

Comment with your characters before you start. rp starts after the theft
@Rosie115
@Floatinginspace
@nanamikiryuu
Clan Pleiades has long devoted itself to the study and experimentation of magic. Pleiades has met several breakthroughs, improving upon older spells and inventing new ones as well as techniques. Everything they have learne is stored in the clan Archives in the Arcane territories. But magic is a force beyond the control of dragonkind, and Pleiades has stumbled across a few of its unsavory secrets. Sorneith, the land of perpetual war and conflict, would be torn apart in the constant struggle for power among the flights. The reign of dragons and their deities would end. All of Pleiades' secrets are kept under lock and key in the Archives for the benefit of the public. Under the careful eyes of their Keepers, nothing gets in or out without their knowledge.
But currently, Clan Pleiades is divided. Their leader, Undae, has gone to the Tidelord's domain in her own soul searching quest. Refusing to leave their leader, nearly half the clan has accompanied her in her journey. The other half has been left to maintain the old lair and, of course, watch the Archives. But their security has weakened, and without a proper leader they are more than a little vulnerable.

Comment with your characters before you start. rp starts after the theft
@Rosie115
@Floatinginspace
@nanamikiryuu
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
@Floatinginspace @Rosie115 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8434958] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/84350/8434958_350.png[/img] [/url] Sjo xe/xem/xer A self declared "Everything Mage". An apprentice to every mage in the clan, Sjo's studies have been suspended since Styrka's departure to the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Xe believe xe are as great as the gods if not greater and mastering all types of magic should not be difficult. It is proving to take longer than xe anticipated however [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8712018] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/87121/8712018_350.png[/img] [/url] Eldfjall she/her A flirtatious troublemaker. Eldfjall has no outstanding magical talent other than her ability to eat spells. The energy is consumed, leaving the magic useless and giving Eldfjall a full belly. SHe does not recommend it however. Not enough nutrition. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7014427] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70145/7014427_350.png[/img] [/url] Jaatya fae/faer/faers Jaatya is the clan healer. A natural with herbs and slow working magics, it seems like fae were bred for healing. Jaatya has trouble communicating outside of faer native coatl tongue, and is often slow to respond. For those without patience, talking to faer is a tedious task. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9022632] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/90227/9022632_350.png[/img] [/url] Fel he/him One of the clan's Archive Keeper's. Fel is soft spoken, often taking the time to analyze the effects of every decision he makes. He is very selective about what he tells people; a byproduct from his work. Despite his grumpy looking exterior, Fel is quite the optimist and spiritualist. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9910083] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/99101/9910083_350.png[/img] [/url] Deidaleira she/her or they/them Observant but not quiet, Deidaleira seizes every opportunity she gets. Although not as well known as Styrka, Deidaleira has created her own magic technique and lifestyle, known as Harmony magic. As a harmonic, Deidaleira can recognize the potential in anyone for anything, often making her appear pushy or stubborn to others.
@Floatinginspace @Rosie115

8434958_350.png

Sjo xe/xem/xer
A self declared "Everything Mage". An apprentice to every mage in the clan, Sjo's studies have been suspended since Styrka's departure to the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Xe believe xe are as great as the gods if not greater and mastering all types of magic should not be difficult. It is proving to take longer than xe anticipated however

8712018_350.png

Eldfjall she/her
A flirtatious troublemaker. Eldfjall has no outstanding magical talent other than her ability to eat spells. The energy is consumed, leaving the magic useless and giving Eldfjall a full belly. SHe does not recommend it however. Not enough nutrition.

7014427_350.png

Jaatya fae/faer/faers
Jaatya is the clan healer. A natural with herbs and slow working magics, it seems like fae were bred for healing. Jaatya has trouble communicating outside of faer native coatl tongue, and is often slow to respond. For those without patience, talking to faer is a tedious task.

9022632_350.png

Fel he/him
One of the clan's Archive Keeper's. Fel is soft spoken, often taking the time to analyze the effects of every decision he makes. He is very selective about what he tells people; a byproduct from his work. Despite his grumpy looking exterior, Fel is quite the optimist and spiritualist.

9910083_350.png

Deidaleira she/her or they/them
Observant but not quiet, Deidaleira seizes every opportunity she gets. Although not as well known as Styrka, Deidaleira has created her own magic technique and lifestyle, known as Harmony magic. As a harmonic, Deidaleira can recognize the potential in anyone for anything, often making her appear pushy or stubborn to others.
@Floatinginspace
@nanamikiryuu

((Oh god I have so many dragons help idk which ones to pick

EDIT: I think I'll just introduce characters as I go if that's okay? ^^"))
@Floatinginspace
@nanamikiryuu

((Oh god I have so many dragons help idk which ones to pick

EDIT: I think I'll just introduce characters as I go if that's okay? ^^"))
@Rosie115
((sure but start off with the main 2 or 3 you'll be using.))

@Floatinginspace
((can you make the first post with Apophis thinking about its theft and mention the something it left behind? ))
@Rosie115
((sure but start off with the main 2 or 3 you'll be using.))

@Floatinginspace
((can you make the first post with Apophis thinking about its theft and mention the something it left behind? ))
@Rosie115 @nanamikiryuu ((Don't exactly know what you're talking about...)) The night was still and quiet, enough so that it seemed like a painted picture. The stars stared down at the earth and the moon hung overhead like a dull light, shining down on the grounds of the trees lying on the Starfall Isles, glowing with their own light, as if they were the stars' siblings, descended down to Sorneith. The air seemed to hold a sort of calmness, a sort of tranquility that seemed delicate enough that the slightest movement would puncture it and shatter the illusion of the glowing stars. Something slithered across the trees and twinkling lights, belly flat on the ground and something clutched tight to it. [i]Move.[/i] The thing obeyed, sliding past the roots and through the trees, quietly. Its eyes were vacant and hallow and its birdmask was shiny with water from diving into the lake by the actual Isles. [i]Quiet.[/i] The thing obeyed, pausing in its movements and then flattening the wings by its sides down flat, slinking along the ground at an agonizingly slow pace. Any other spiral would have long lost their patience and zipped by, flattening the trees in their haste to get away. But the thing that slithered across the ground could hardly be called alive, much less a dragon or spiral. Its eyes stared blankly ahead and its limbs were stiff, only moving when the voice nudged it, reminding it to move forward, to keep going, to keep the thing in its palm there. [i]Keep moving.[/i] It obeyed. [i]Keep the object close.[/i] It clutched the tiny thing closer to its body, but did not seem to register that it was there. The thing had long forgotten what the thing it had stolen was, what it meant and what it did. It could only remember the voices, rattling about in its head, the prods it got through whispered words from the voice and voices. The dark seemed to churn around the creature, but did not disturb it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5476848] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/54769/5476848_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Rosie115 @nanamikiryuu ((Don't exactly know what you're talking about...))

The night was still and quiet, enough so that it seemed like a painted picture. The stars stared down at the earth and the moon hung overhead like a dull light, shining down on the grounds of the trees lying on the Starfall Isles, glowing with their own light, as if they were the stars' siblings, descended down to Sorneith.

The air seemed to hold a sort of calmness, a sort of tranquility that seemed delicate enough that the slightest movement would puncture it and shatter the illusion of the glowing stars.

Something slithered across the trees and twinkling lights, belly flat on the ground and something clutched tight to it.

Move.

The thing obeyed, sliding past the roots and through the trees, quietly. Its eyes were vacant and hallow and its birdmask was shiny with water from diving into the lake by the actual Isles.

Quiet.

The thing obeyed, pausing in its movements and then flattening the wings by its sides down flat, slinking along the ground at an agonizingly slow pace. Any other spiral would have long lost their patience and zipped by, flattening the trees in their haste to get away.

But the thing that slithered across the ground could hardly be called alive, much less a dragon or spiral. Its eyes stared blankly ahead and its limbs were stiff, only moving when the voice nudged it, reminding it to move forward, to keep going, to keep the thing in its palm there.

Keep moving.

It obeyed.

Keep the object close.

It clutched the tiny thing closer to its body, but did not seem to register that it was there. The thing had long forgotten what the thing it had stolen was, what it meant and what it did. It could only remember the voices, rattling about in its head, the prods it got through whispered words from the voice and voices.

The dark seemed to churn around the creature, but did not disturb it.

5476848_350.png
uCR5SCW.png
@Floatinginspace ((don't worry about it lmao. I'l ping you every now and then to keep you up with the plot but other than that come and go as you please. Feel free to add more characters if you wanna get more involved in the plot. Sound good?))
@Floatinginspace ((don't worry about it lmao. I'l ping you every now and then to keep you up with the plot but other than that come and go as you please. Feel free to add more characters if you wanna get more involved in the plot. Sound good?))
@nanamikiryuu ((Fine by me. Ping me in all your posts and I will read them when I feel the urge to.))
@nanamikiryuu ((Fine by me. Ping me in all your posts and I will read them when I feel the urge to.))
uCR5SCW.png
@Rosie115 @Floatinginspace

Gwanwyn shifted nervously, the sound of the surf at her back and the first light of dawn warming her scales. As much as she loved nature, it was only background noise to her now. She hadn't gotten any sleep and her whole body was weighed down with worry.
Despite her furious yelling at him last night, Fel calmly stood by her side. He was looking to the ground, eyes closed. It took her a moment to realize he was praying. If she shared his faith, she would be praying too.
Gwanwyn's place as acting leader had already been shaky. Far more timid than her mother, and lacking the talent with magic of her sister, Gwanwyn was the black sheep of the family. Terreis and Hiems were gone now, but they were hailed as heroes. Gwanwyn would be lucky if she didn't get exiled from the clan.
She had invited all of Clan Pleiades' associates to listen to her cry for help, but she doubted many would come. They only held a financial interest in Pleiades; they were more of customers than friends. She observed the clearing, the faces of those she had brought with her sleepy and unaware of what had occurred two nights ago.
Gwanwyn didn't pray, but she hoped the wishes she had made would be answered, because if they weren't there would be hell to pay.

Gwanwyn shifted nervously, the sound of the surf at her back and the first light of dawn warming her scales. As much as she loved nature, it was only background noise to her now. She hadn't gotten any sleep and her whole body was weighed down with worry.
Despite her furious yelling at him last night, Fel calmly stood by her side. He was looking to the ground, eyes closed. It took her a moment to realize he was praying. If she shared his faith, she would be praying too.
Gwanwyn's place as acting leader had already been shaky. Far more timid than her mother, and lacking the talent with magic of her sister, Gwanwyn was the black sheep of the family. Terreis and Hiems were gone now, but they were hailed as heroes. Gwanwyn would be lucky if she didn't get exiled from the clan.
She had invited all of Clan Pleiades' associates to listen to her cry for help, but she doubted many would come. They only held a financial interest in Pleiades; they were more of customers than friends. She observed the clearing, the faces of those she had brought with her sleepy and unaware of what had occurred two nights ago.
Gwanwyn didn't pray, but she hoped the wishes she had made would be answered, because if they weren't there would be hell to pay.
@nanamikiryuu @Floatinginspace The Rose Clan is a rather large gathering of dragons from all across Sornieth. They all are rather closely-knit, and so their community functions upon merely a dedication to helping the Clan- they have no real currency system within themselves, preferring to keep their prizes in a Hoard for dragons of the Clan to spend upon what they wish. Despite the shaky system, dragons tend to follow the laws of the Clan, or else they shall surely be torn to bits by the other Clan members. Well, that is, if they don't trigger the hundreds of Arcane spells protecting the Rose Clan first. Its founder and Leader is a decorated Tundra, Hestia, who traveled across all of Sornieth with her Deputy, Elrond, before settling back in their homeland within the Starfall Isles. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7859431] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78595/7859431_350.png[/img] [/url] Hestia - she/her - Clan Leader Despite a rather intimidating appearance due to her birdskull apparel and heavy armor, along with her great skills in combat, Hestia is a rather friendly Tundra who much prefers peace to fighting. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7859432] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78595/7859432_350.png[/img] [/url] Elrond - he/him - Deputy Despite being a founder of the Rose Clan and an incredible fighter, Elrond is a rather insecure Fae, which is why he keeps himself wrapped in Navy cloth. He senses he may still be growing and changing, and that he might not remain a Fae for long- which leaves him questioning what exactly he is. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9293767] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92938/9293767_350.png[/img] [/url] Rastafurrian - he/him - War Council Rastafurrian is a large, grizzled member of the Rose Clan who has seen many days, and as such has been trusted with the advisement of the Rose Clan's war affairs. he is withdrawn in words but not in actions as he is an experienced fighter. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6058642] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/60587/6058642_350.png[/img] [/url] Rexis - she/her - Warrior Despite being only the rank of Warrior, Rexis is seen as a high-ranking member of the Rose Clan due to her involvement in many of its affairs. She personally just enjoys being busy and in the heart of the craziness that is running a Clan, and of course all the officers are glad for her help. The ground rumbled as a new group came to join the party of associates, a large green and yellow Imperial appearing over the hill with a purple Spiral, decked out in armor, curled herself protectively about his neck despite his own plentiful armor. It almost seemed a group of Warriors had arrived as a small pink Fae, tightly bound in Navy wraps, flew along beside the two. Finally, bringing up the rear was a familiar birdskull-bound face to Clan Pleiades, leader of their ally the Rose Clan, Hestia. Answering Gwanwyn's call, Hestia had decided to bring along her Deputy, the pink Fae Elrond, her War Council, the large Imperial, Rastafurrian, and, acting as a guard for the party, Rexis, the Spiral Warrior. The group silently made their way to the front of the crowd, although Rastafurrian did awkwardly scoot to the side so as not to block the way of smaller dragons.
@nanamikiryuu @Floatinginspace

The Rose Clan is a rather large gathering of dragons from all across Sornieth. They all are rather closely-knit, and so their community functions upon merely a dedication to helping the Clan- they have no real currency system within themselves, preferring to keep their prizes in a Hoard for dragons of the Clan to spend upon what they wish. Despite the shaky system, dragons tend to follow the laws of the Clan, or else they shall surely be torn to bits by the other Clan members. Well, that is, if they don't trigger the hundreds of Arcane spells protecting the Rose Clan first. Its founder and Leader is a decorated Tundra, Hestia, who traveled across all of Sornieth with her Deputy, Elrond, before settling back in their homeland within the Starfall Isles.

7859431_350.png

Hestia - she/her - Clan Leader
Despite a rather intimidating appearance due to her birdskull apparel and heavy armor, along with her great skills in combat, Hestia is a rather friendly Tundra who much prefers peace to fighting.

7859432_350.png

Elrond - he/him - Deputy
Despite being a founder of the Rose Clan and an incredible fighter, Elrond is a rather insecure Fae, which is why he keeps himself wrapped in Navy cloth. He senses he may still be growing and changing, and that he might not remain a Fae for long- which leaves him questioning what exactly he is.

9293767_350.png

Rastafurrian - he/him - War Council
Rastafurrian is a large, grizzled member of the Rose Clan who has seen many days, and as such has been trusted with the advisement of the Rose Clan's war affairs. he is withdrawn in words but not in actions as he is an experienced fighter.

6058642_350.png

Rexis - she/her - Warrior
Despite being only the rank of Warrior, Rexis is seen as a high-ranking member of the Rose Clan due to her involvement in many of its affairs. She personally just enjoys being busy and in the heart of the craziness that is running a Clan, and of course all the officers are glad for her help.

The ground rumbled as a new group came to join the party of associates, a large green and yellow Imperial appearing over the hill with a purple Spiral, decked out in armor, curled herself protectively about his neck despite his own plentiful armor. It almost seemed a group of Warriors had arrived as a small pink Fae, tightly bound in Navy wraps, flew along beside the two. Finally, bringing up the rear was a familiar birdskull-bound face to Clan Pleiades, leader of their ally the Rose Clan, Hestia. Answering Gwanwyn's call, Hestia had decided to bring along her Deputy, the pink Fae Elrond, her War Council, the large Imperial, Rastafurrian, and, acting as a guard for the party, Rexis, the Spiral Warrior. The group silently made their way to the front of the crowd, although Rastafurrian did awkwardly scoot to the side so as not to block the way of smaller dragons.
Gwanwyn sighed with audible relief. She turned to Deidaleira.
"Anyone else coming?"
"Not likely." The beads from her headdress swung as she shook her head. Gwanwyn sighed and turned to face Hestia. She had only met her once or twice, it was Undae who knew her better.
"Thank you for coming. Unfortunately we face dire circumstances." She tried not to wince as her fellow clanmates perked up in surprise. "As you are familiar with our clan, you must be familiar with our Archives. Yesterday morning we discovered one of our top priority documents has gone missing. We suspect a theft."
Eldfjall was suddenly very awake. Deidaleira trembled slightly. Fel finally looked up, his eyes moist and face somber.
Gwanwyn sighed with audible relief. She turned to Deidaleira.
"Anyone else coming?"
"Not likely." The beads from her headdress swung as she shook her head. Gwanwyn sighed and turned to face Hestia. She had only met her once or twice, it was Undae who knew her better.
"Thank you for coming. Unfortunately we face dire circumstances." She tried not to wince as her fellow clanmates perked up in surprise. "As you are familiar with our clan, you must be familiar with our Archives. Yesterday morning we discovered one of our top priority documents has gone missing. We suspect a theft."
Eldfjall was suddenly very awake. Deidaleira trembled slightly. Fel finally looked up, his eyes moist and face somber.
1 2