Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dianthus [closed]
1 2
@nanamikiryuu

Elrond whispered a word to Hestia, to which she nodded before turning back to face Gwanwyn. "The Rose Clan will assist you in every way possible. Do you have any clues as to who this thief is?" Hestia asked, glancing up at Rastafurrian to see the Imperial already thinking, calculating who of their Clan would be required for such a task. Rexis, meanwhile, having spotted Elrond's mumble, slid off of Rastafurrian and over to the Fae, whispering with the Deputy about what he had said.
"Their own Clan doesn't seem to know about the robbery," Elrond stated quietly.
"Do you think the Leader knows? You know, the one that's off on vacation?" Rexis hissed back.
"It's unclear if Undae knows, nor Styrka."
"Just how many of their dragons are gone?"
"Enough to allow a dragon to steal a document that could possibly tear apart all of Sornieth."
Suddenly feeling as if they were being watched, Rexis turned to see her commanding officer, Rastafurrian, staring harshly down at the two. She was about to argue about what authority he had over what the Deputy of the Rose Clan spoke about when she spotted Hestia's tail lashing. The two would probably be in trouble as soon as they returned home.
@nanamikiryuu

Elrond whispered a word to Hestia, to which she nodded before turning back to face Gwanwyn. "The Rose Clan will assist you in every way possible. Do you have any clues as to who this thief is?" Hestia asked, glancing up at Rastafurrian to see the Imperial already thinking, calculating who of their Clan would be required for such a task. Rexis, meanwhile, having spotted Elrond's mumble, slid off of Rastafurrian and over to the Fae, whispering with the Deputy about what he had said.
"Their own Clan doesn't seem to know about the robbery," Elrond stated quietly.
"Do you think the Leader knows? You know, the one that's off on vacation?" Rexis hissed back.
"It's unclear if Undae knows, nor Styrka."
"Just how many of their dragons are gone?"
"Enough to allow a dragon to steal a document that could possibly tear apart all of Sornieth."
Suddenly feeling as if they were being watched, Rexis turned to see her commanding officer, Rastafurrian, staring harshly down at the two. She was about to argue about what authority he had over what the Deputy of the Rose Clan spoke about when she spotted Hestia's tail lashing. The two would probably be in trouble as soon as they returned home.
@Rosie115
Gwanwyn paid no attention to the mumbling of Elrond and Rexis. There was mumbling in her own clan. Many of them were staring at Fel. He held his head up and ignored them as best as he could. Eldfjall leaned down to Syva, whispering in her ear.
"Those other ones are gossiping about us."
"Pay them no mind," the guardian answered coolly. "Hestia holds great respect for Undae, if they are being disrespectful she will straighten them out."
"I guess," Eldfjall huffed. "But seriously, two nights ago? They came in right when we were sleeping. Well," Eldfjall grinned. "Mind you, I was with Hjem and we were not sleeping."
Syva did not respond but her face went red. Gwanwyn cleared her throat.
"We do in fact." She stepped back and Fel approached the representatives of the Rose Clan, gently carrying a small red feather. It looked like it had caught on something and tugged itself free of its owner's plumage.
"It's not much but we can use it to scry the general location of the thief. I suggest you assemble whoever you can to help and then meet back here." Gwanwyn was about to turn around but suddenly turned to Hestia, her eyes filled with emotion.
"And thank you, for everything."
@Rosie115
Gwanwyn paid no attention to the mumbling of Elrond and Rexis. There was mumbling in her own clan. Many of them were staring at Fel. He held his head up and ignored them as best as he could. Eldfjall leaned down to Syva, whispering in her ear.
"Those other ones are gossiping about us."
"Pay them no mind," the guardian answered coolly. "Hestia holds great respect for Undae, if they are being disrespectful she will straighten them out."
"I guess," Eldfjall huffed. "But seriously, two nights ago? They came in right when we were sleeping. Well," Eldfjall grinned. "Mind you, I was with Hjem and we were not sleeping."
Syva did not respond but her face went red. Gwanwyn cleared her throat.
"We do in fact." She stepped back and Fel approached the representatives of the Rose Clan, gently carrying a small red feather. It looked like it had caught on something and tugged itself free of its owner's plumage.
"It's not much but we can use it to scry the general location of the thief. I suggest you assemble whoever you can to help and then meet back here." Gwanwyn was about to turn around but suddenly turned to Hestia, her eyes filled with emotion.
"And thank you, for everything."
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
@nanamikiryuu

Hestia examined the feather for a long moment, finally looking up to nod her head in reply to Gwanwyn's gratitude. "We must ready our Clanmates; we shall meet you next sunrise. For now, however, I leave you Rexis. She's a very capable Warrior, and while I doubt the robber will try again, you can never be too safe."

"I want to go with them."
Hestia and her group had long since returned back home, and as the sun set Cascade could see dragons hurrying about, preparing for their search.
"Cascade, you're a craftsdragon. Unless their Clan is looking for bracelets then I'm sorry but we have no business interfering," her mentor, a fluffy Tundra named Meriadoc replied.
"Merry, I've never once been outside our territory. I need to see the world!" The young Pearlcatcher begged, setting aside her pearl for a second to lope after the crafter as he went to tend to one of their fires.
"And what will you tell Hestia?" He called back, voice echoing inside the metal container for the forge.
"I can take our hounds! They might be able to search for things, like, they found a red feather, right? If the culprit's wearing feathers, then they may be wearing metal beads and other metal materials as well. Your Scrapmetal Tracker and my Steelhound could track that- you know I've trained them well enough for it."
"And how exactly did you find out about this feather?" Merry suddenly rose back up, the soot on his face making the Tundra rather intimidating.
"I uh... May have done some investigating..."
"You spied on their meeting?"
"So can I go?" Cascade quickly changed the subject.
"If you can convince Hestia," Merry sighed with a smile, lumbering back to the forges.
"But aren't you like a son of hers? Can't you convince her?"
"She was my Den Mother, yes. However, she's not one for picking favorites, and also this is your battle. I'm not even sure why you asked me for permission; I have no control over you."
"Yeah but you're my mentor," Cascade said, bumping his side with her head affectionately. "And I wanted to make sure you could handle the fires by yourself- you're getting kind of old, you know."
"I am not!" Merry huffed, although there was a smile on his face. "Besides, I'll still have Luthien around to help me."
The two dragons paused to look outside, and easily spotted the Rose Clan's pyrotechnician, Luthien, chasing the hatchlings about as she jokingly threatened to set them on fire.
"Try not to die while I'm gone."
@nanamikiryuu

Hestia examined the feather for a long moment, finally looking up to nod her head in reply to Gwanwyn's gratitude. "We must ready our Clanmates; we shall meet you next sunrise. For now, however, I leave you Rexis. She's a very capable Warrior, and while I doubt the robber will try again, you can never be too safe."

"I want to go with them."
Hestia and her group had long since returned back home, and as the sun set Cascade could see dragons hurrying about, preparing for their search.
"Cascade, you're a craftsdragon. Unless their Clan is looking for bracelets then I'm sorry but we have no business interfering," her mentor, a fluffy Tundra named Meriadoc replied.
"Merry, I've never once been outside our territory. I need to see the world!" The young Pearlcatcher begged, setting aside her pearl for a second to lope after the crafter as he went to tend to one of their fires.
"And what will you tell Hestia?" He called back, voice echoing inside the metal container for the forge.
"I can take our hounds! They might be able to search for things, like, they found a red feather, right? If the culprit's wearing feathers, then they may be wearing metal beads and other metal materials as well. Your Scrapmetal Tracker and my Steelhound could track that- you know I've trained them well enough for it."
"And how exactly did you find out about this feather?" Merry suddenly rose back up, the soot on his face making the Tundra rather intimidating.
"I uh... May have done some investigating..."
"You spied on their meeting?"
"So can I go?" Cascade quickly changed the subject.
"If you can convince Hestia," Merry sighed with a smile, lumbering back to the forges.
"But aren't you like a son of hers? Can't you convince her?"
"She was my Den Mother, yes. However, she's not one for picking favorites, and also this is your battle. I'm not even sure why you asked me for permission; I have no control over you."
"Yeah but you're my mentor," Cascade said, bumping his side with her head affectionately. "And I wanted to make sure you could handle the fires by yourself- you're getting kind of old, you know."
"I am not!" Merry huffed, although there was a smile on his face. "Besides, I'll still have Luthien around to help me."
The two dragons paused to look outside, and easily spotted the Rose Clan's pyrotechnician, Luthien, chasing the hatchlings about as she jokingly threatened to set them on fire.
"Try not to die while I'm gone."
@Rosie115 @FloatinginSpace ((need a small Apophis update, where is it now?))
Gwanwyn and the others had flown back to their lair carved into one of the Crystalspine peaks. It was so much quieter and colder than it used to be. She gestured for Rexis to follow her and Dedaleira fell into step beside her. They navigated the winding, hand carved corridors until they reached a small entryway. It was obviously designed for smaller dragons but Gwanwyn could fit in with only minor trouble. She was quite small for her age.
They entered a domed room, the ceiling carved so thin that light shown through the glassy pink rock. A hole allowed fresh sunlight and presumably rain to fall through. In the center, a garden flourished. Gwanwyn immediately went over to tend to the plants while Deidaleira leaned towards Rexis.
"This is Styrka's room. Undae hand-carved the whole place for her." They gestured to the walls of the room, where various supplies were strewn about. "Gwanwyn takes care of the garden but that's it." Gwanwyn motioned for the two of them to join her by the garden. Deidaleira gestured for Rexis to go first.
@Rosie115 @FloatinginSpace ((need a small Apophis update, where is it now?))
Gwanwyn and the others had flown back to their lair carved into one of the Crystalspine peaks. It was so much quieter and colder than it used to be. She gestured for Rexis to follow her and Dedaleira fell into step beside her. They navigated the winding, hand carved corridors until they reached a small entryway. It was obviously designed for smaller dragons but Gwanwyn could fit in with only minor trouble. She was quite small for her age.
They entered a domed room, the ceiling carved so thin that light shown through the glassy pink rock. A hole allowed fresh sunlight and presumably rain to fall through. In the center, a garden flourished. Gwanwyn immediately went over to tend to the plants while Deidaleira leaned towards Rexis.
"This is Styrka's room. Undae hand-carved the whole place for her." They gestured to the walls of the room, where various supplies were strewn about. "Gwanwyn takes care of the garden but that's it." Gwanwyn motioned for the two of them to join her by the garden. Deidaleira gestured for Rexis to go first.
@Rosie115 @nanamikiryuu

It curled against a tree, staring with green eyes at the land around them.

It needed to get out of this area, needed to flee back to the Wasteland, to hunt down the one thing that needed the object it had taken. So it slid out of the tree, onto the ground, and slithered off, unblinking.

The crash of waves had long since dissolved into a distant hum, not that Apophis heard it. It heard nothing, not the faint buzzing of insects in the grass or the rustling it made as it crawled across the dirt and grass.

It continued through the forest, trying to smell the scent of death and decay, of the Wasteland and its mission.
@Rosie115 @nanamikiryuu

It curled against a tree, staring with green eyes at the land around them.

It needed to get out of this area, needed to flee back to the Wasteland, to hunt down the one thing that needed the object it had taken. So it slid out of the tree, onto the ground, and slithered off, unblinking.

The crash of waves had long since dissolved into a distant hum, not that Apophis heard it. It heard nothing, not the faint buzzing of insects in the grass or the rustling it made as it crawled across the dirt and grass.

It continued through the forest, trying to smell the scent of death and decay, of the Wasteland and its mission.
uCR5SCW.png
@Rosie115

Gwanwyn handed the feather to Deidaleira. Eremita was best at scrying but he was gone. Deidaleira was good enough for now.
She laid a wooden bowl in front of her and poured a jar of water in. Deidaleira dropped the feather and it floated calmly. She began stirring the bowl with her claw, arcane enrgy sparking up here and there.
"How much do you know about scrying?" Gwanwyn turned to Rexis, trying to make conversation while the pearlcatcher worked.

"I'm coming too."
Fel raised his head to meet the steely eyes of Sjo. Gwanwyn had put him in charge of recruiting members of the clan for the mission. Fel thought for a minute, before speaking again.
"Why?" Fel knew that Sjo was a logical choice. Xe were infuriating to work with sometimes but xer skill was undeniable.
"It would make things easier." Sjo stared Fel down. "Whoever you are recruiting, they do not compare to me."
"Fine." Replied Fel. Of course, Fel had only the best in mind so they did compare to xem, but he thought it best to remain silent for now. Sjo walked away, clearly satisfied with a huge grin on xer face when Fel was tapped on the shoulder.
"Me too." It was Jaatya. Faer feathers perked up as fae waited for Fel's response. Jaatya was an obvious choice, a healer would most definitely be needed.
"Of course, your skills will be necessary." Fel patiently waited as Jaatya's brow furrowed as fae struggled to decipher his speech. Fel faintly wondered how fae and Sjo would work together with one being so slow and the other so fast paced.
"Okay. Good." Jaatya gestured back to faer den. "Pack now." Fel nodded. Now all that was left was to figure out how to pry Eldfjall and Hjem apart.
@Rosie115

Gwanwyn handed the feather to Deidaleira. Eremita was best at scrying but he was gone. Deidaleira was good enough for now.
She laid a wooden bowl in front of her and poured a jar of water in. Deidaleira dropped the feather and it floated calmly. She began stirring the bowl with her claw, arcane enrgy sparking up here and there.
"How much do you know about scrying?" Gwanwyn turned to Rexis, trying to make conversation while the pearlcatcher worked.

"I'm coming too."
Fel raised his head to meet the steely eyes of Sjo. Gwanwyn had put him in charge of recruiting members of the clan for the mission. Fel thought for a minute, before speaking again.
"Why?" Fel knew that Sjo was a logical choice. Xe were infuriating to work with sometimes but xer skill was undeniable.
"It would make things easier." Sjo stared Fel down. "Whoever you are recruiting, they do not compare to me."
"Fine." Replied Fel. Of course, Fel had only the best in mind so they did compare to xem, but he thought it best to remain silent for now. Sjo walked away, clearly satisfied with a huge grin on xer face when Fel was tapped on the shoulder.
"Me too." It was Jaatya. Faer feathers perked up as fae waited for Fel's response. Jaatya was an obvious choice, a healer would most definitely be needed.
"Of course, your skills will be necessary." Fel patiently waited as Jaatya's brow furrowed as fae struggled to decipher his speech. Fel faintly wondered how fae and Sjo would work together with one being so slow and the other so fast paced.
"Okay. Good." Jaatya gestured back to faer den. "Pack now." Fel nodded. Now all that was left was to figure out how to pry Eldfjall and Hjem apart.
@Rosie115 ((double ping in case you lost the thread!))
@Rosie115 ((double ping in case you lost the thread!))
1 2