Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Labyrinth (private w/ AllieKatterra)
1 2 3 4 5
@AllieKatterra ((no, not clan-lore wise. He's still single. I just breed dragons and sell the hatchlings (unless I likes) for extra money. Now that I bought a Chessmaster dragon, I had to get all her genes and change her breed and I'm dirt broke. I needs moneys.))

The switch instantly popped off with the pull. The door slowly slid open, revealing what laid behind for a split second before a small area of the ceiling caved in. A large, skeletal paw reached its way through, pulling a larger body along with it. The outline of what would have been its skin faintly shimmered in a similar way Nightsky's did.

The spectre crawled down and landed in the tunnel, almost too big to fit. The end of it blocked the entrance that led farther in the cave. There wasn't a tail, but the toes were long and gnarled, ending in curved talons which were doused in dried blood. The neck was as long as a Spiral's. The shortened maw was filled with jagged teeth. At the very center of the body glowed a red orb, pulsing faintly like a heart.

A few seconds passed before it moved, giving a loud roar that shook dust off the cave walls. A purple glow started in its mouth, crackling and popping like electricity. It shot off from the mouth, and headed straight towards the group of dragons.

((suddenly giant description.))
@AllieKatterra ((no, not clan-lore wise. He's still single. I just breed dragons and sell the hatchlings (unless I likes) for extra money. Now that I bought a Chessmaster dragon, I had to get all her genes and change her breed and I'm dirt broke. I needs moneys.))

The switch instantly popped off with the pull. The door slowly slid open, revealing what laid behind for a split second before a small area of the ceiling caved in. A large, skeletal paw reached its way through, pulling a larger body along with it. The outline of what would have been its skin faintly shimmered in a similar way Nightsky's did.

The spectre crawled down and landed in the tunnel, almost too big to fit. The end of it blocked the entrance that led farther in the cave. There wasn't a tail, but the toes were long and gnarled, ending in curved talons which were doused in dried blood. The neck was as long as a Spiral's. The shortened maw was filled with jagged teeth. At the very center of the body glowed a red orb, pulsing faintly like a heart.

A few seconds passed before it moved, giving a loud roar that shook dust off the cave walls. A purple glow started in its mouth, crackling and popping like electricity. It shot off from the mouth, and headed straight towards the group of dragons.

((suddenly giant description.))
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze

It may have been a few seconds, but to Sundence, it felt like everything moved in slow motion. Her shadowy eyes widened more and more as the skeleton figure slid out of the ceiling. "Oooooh..." she squeaked, backing up a little as it now stared down at them. Her heart then dropped into her stomach as it let out a roar, causing her to stiffen and want to jump into the shadows.

But..that glow. That was not a good glow. That glow was pointed at them. Sunny's first instinct may have been to hide, but it got overridden with the notion to protect. "Duck!!" she yelled, leaping at Skyshine to tackle him back onto the ground.

Starling had been staring up at the specter with a petrified look, until' she heard Sundence yell. "Duck..duck.." it finally donned on her. "DUCK!" she squeaked, grabbing Heiskinal, and diving to the ground with the fae in her arms.

((I'm so sorry if this post sucks. I had some major writer's block ;w; ))
@Scryzze

It may have been a few seconds, but to Sundence, it felt like everything moved in slow motion. Her shadowy eyes widened more and more as the skeleton figure slid out of the ceiling. "Oooooh..." she squeaked, backing up a little as it now stared down at them. Her heart then dropped into her stomach as it let out a roar, causing her to stiffen and want to jump into the shadows.

But..that glow. That was not a good glow. That glow was pointed at them. Sunny's first instinct may have been to hide, but it got overridden with the notion to protect. "Duck!!" she yelled, leaping at Skyshine to tackle him back onto the ground.

Starling had been staring up at the specter with a petrified look, until' she heard Sundence yell. "Duck..duck.." it finally donned on her. "DUCK!" she squeaked, grabbing Heiskinal, and diving to the ground with the fae in her arms.

((I'm so sorry if this post sucks. I had some major writer's block ;w; ))
@AllieKatterra ((there's only one problem, Heiskinel is still in Nightsky's arms xD But it's fine.))

Skyshine was slow to react, the fear of his vision coming true growing on him. He knew what was coming, but he still shook with fear. His eyes glittering again, he moved with a blinding speed and caught the Pearlcatcher midair. The Skydancer then pulled her down with him, shielding the both with his wings.

The Wildclaw allowed Heiskinel to move out of his grasp. He raised his paws and spoke a few words, the claws glowing with violet fires; cold fires. He met the blast head on, causing a blinding flash of light to shine through the cave. The tunnel shook from the impact, raining more dust from the ceiling. The light slowly fizzed out, and any peeking eyes were met with the monster's own. The beast's claws flexed, waiting for their next move.
The only remainder of Nightsky was a faint wisp of smoke.

((aww, Nightsky got blasted into spectral bits. Poor guy. Skyshine didn't expect that. c:
Probably going to torture Nightsky throughout most of this roleplay. He's already dead, so he should be fine.))
@AllieKatterra ((there's only one problem, Heiskinel is still in Nightsky's arms xD But it's fine.))

Skyshine was slow to react, the fear of his vision coming true growing on him. He knew what was coming, but he still shook with fear. His eyes glittering again, he moved with a blinding speed and caught the Pearlcatcher midair. The Skydancer then pulled her down with him, shielding the both with his wings.

The Wildclaw allowed Heiskinel to move out of his grasp. He raised his paws and spoke a few words, the claws glowing with violet fires; cold fires. He met the blast head on, causing a blinding flash of light to shine through the cave. The tunnel shook from the impact, raining more dust from the ceiling. The light slowly fizzed out, and any peeking eyes were met with the monster's own. The beast's claws flexed, waiting for their next move.
The only remainder of Nightsky was a faint wisp of smoke.

((aww, Nightsky got blasted into spectral bits. Poor guy. Skyshine didn't expect that. c:
Probably going to torture Nightsky throughout most of this roleplay. He's already dead, so he should be fine.))
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze ((Whoops! Sorry about that!))

Starling got up, and looked on at the bone serpent, eyes as wide as saucers. "Hhhh..we're boned." she squeaked, taking really slow steps back, having a pretty tight hold of the fae wizard. "I-it destroyed Nightsky!" she then whimpered.

Sundence peered from Skyshine's wing, and focused on the serpent. She was shaking, but she noticed..the orb in its ribs. "Hey Sky, do you have anything that can launch small objects at blinding speed?" she whispered, looking back over at him. "I have an idea. But it's going to require that item..and you, Starling, and Heiskinel distracting that thing."

@Scryzze ((Whoops! Sorry about that!))

Starling got up, and looked on at the bone serpent, eyes as wide as saucers. "Hhhh..we're boned." she squeaked, taking really slow steps back, having a pretty tight hold of the fae wizard. "I-it destroyed Nightsky!" she then whimpered.

Sundence peered from Skyshine's wing, and focused on the serpent. She was shaking, but she noticed..the orb in its ribs. "Hey Sky, do you have anything that can launch small objects at blinding speed?" she whispered, looking back over at him. "I have an idea. But it's going to require that item..and you, Starling, and Heiskinel distracting that thing."

@AllieKatterra ((not a problem xD Sometimes I just get impatient. It's just me, but take your time.))

"...No, I don't. Heiskinel might be able to do something at that effect, though..." Skyshine quickly stood up, looking around at any space he had to dodge any other attacks. His heart pounded in his chest, and he was so tempted to just flee out of the cave and back to the safety under Gatekeeper's wing.

Heiskinel squirmed slightly in the Skydancer's grasp. "Why am I always held like a child..." He looked up at the fading vapors of Nightsky's body. Rolling his eyes slightly, he slipped himself out of her arms, and huffed. This thing was pretty good at using magic... but not as strong as him.

((this is shorter. Don't worry. xD))
@AllieKatterra ((not a problem xD Sometimes I just get impatient. It's just me, but take your time.))

"...No, I don't. Heiskinel might be able to do something at that effect, though..." Skyshine quickly stood up, looking around at any space he had to dodge any other attacks. His heart pounded in his chest, and he was so tempted to just flee out of the cave and back to the safety under Gatekeeper's wing.

Heiskinel squirmed slightly in the Skydancer's grasp. "Why am I always held like a child..." He looked up at the fading vapors of Nightsky's body. Rolling his eyes slightly, he slipped himself out of her arms, and huffed. This thing was pretty good at using magic... but not as strong as him.

((this is shorter. Don't worry. xD))
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze

Starling let him go as he began wiggling, her crests flattening against her head. "Sorry.." she murmured, before letting out a squeal and diving behind Skyshine as he got up. "I-Is there a way to defeat it??" she asked, her voice a higher octave than usual. Sundence was shaking at the knees, but she took a deep breath and carefully side-stepped over to Heiskinel. She reached into her scarf and pulled out one of her smokebombs. "Compact mixture of violet and lavender pigment, flour, and gunpowder to set it off." she whispered to the fae. "If I'm right. With the way that..thing..is roaring and moving about, that should be enough movement to set it off in its core."

She side-eye'd him, taking another deep breath. "What I need you to do is, while I, and the others distract it, you launch the pellet into its core." she explained. Sundence then looked around, finding an alcove not far from their position. It would be a tight squeeze but all four of them could possibly fit. "When I say run..we hightail it for that alcove. Because I have NO idea how reactive that..whatever it is, is. So we might end up with a big boom. Got it?"
@Scryzze

Starling let him go as he began wiggling, her crests flattening against her head. "Sorry.." she murmured, before letting out a squeal and diving behind Skyshine as he got up. "I-Is there a way to defeat it??" she asked, her voice a higher octave than usual. Sundence was shaking at the knees, but she took a deep breath and carefully side-stepped over to Heiskinel. She reached into her scarf and pulled out one of her smokebombs. "Compact mixture of violet and lavender pigment, flour, and gunpowder to set it off." she whispered to the fae. "If I'm right. With the way that..thing..is roaring and moving about, that should be enough movement to set it off in its core."

She side-eye'd him, taking another deep breath. "What I need you to do is, while I, and the others distract it, you launch the pellet into its core." she explained. Sundence then looked around, finding an alcove not far from their position. It would be a tight squeeze but all four of them could possibly fit. "When I say run..we hightail it for that alcove. Because I have NO idea how reactive that..whatever it is, is. So we might end up with a big boom. Got it?"
@AllieKatterra

"...Not that I've seen." Skyshine's voice was lower than usual as he spoke to the other Skydancer. He was about to say more, though another loud growl erupted from the beast's throat. The demonic gaze focused on Starling, the eyes narrowing into glowing slits.

Heiskinel motioned to Skyshine at the alcove behind him, and they both silently nodded. Leaving the Skydancer to relay the message, he gently took the smokebomb in his paws, looking at it, and then turning to study the spectre. The Fae waved one paw across the orb, surrounding it in case it would've exploded on the way there. Heiskinel raised the smokebomb, allowing it to float in front of him. He waited a second, and forced it forward with a wave of arcane energy.

The smokebomb shot through the air, leaving a faint magenta trail after it. It punctured a hole inside the beast's ethereal skin, and lodged itself within the half-broken ribcage. Heiskinel removed the barrier he put around it, and flew backwards slightly. It could explode at any time now.

((help... I change my icon too much xD))
@AllieKatterra

"...Not that I've seen." Skyshine's voice was lower than usual as he spoke to the other Skydancer. He was about to say more, though another loud growl erupted from the beast's throat. The demonic gaze focused on Starling, the eyes narrowing into glowing slits.

Heiskinel motioned to Skyshine at the alcove behind him, and they both silently nodded. Leaving the Skydancer to relay the message, he gently took the smokebomb in his paws, looking at it, and then turning to study the spectre. The Fae waved one paw across the orb, surrounding it in case it would've exploded on the way there. Heiskinel raised the smokebomb, allowing it to float in front of him. He waited a second, and forced it forward with a wave of arcane energy.

The smokebomb shot through the air, leaving a faint magenta trail after it. It punctured a hole inside the beast's ethereal skin, and lodged itself within the half-broken ribcage. Heiskinel removed the barrier he put around it, and flew backwards slightly. It could explode at any time now.

((help... I change my icon too much xD))
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze @AllieKatterra

((Bumping and pinging myself so i remember to post in this fairly soon XD))
@Scryzze @AllieKatterra

((Bumping and pinging myself so i remember to post in this fairly soon XD))
1 2 3 4 5