Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Something Different (Open)
[i][[OOC; Looking through most of the threads here, I recognize that this roleplay will most likely be something different from the majority of what's available otherwise. I'm looking for an RP partner or two to join me in something a little more serious, more 'realistic' (well, as real as you can get when you're talking dragons). There's a little bit of limitations on who can join, but so long as you're comfortable with paragraph-style writing, you should be fine! Additionally, don't worry about having to stay on board the entire time. I intend to have a max of three players at any given time; if you're not feeling it or you have to go away for awhile, all you gotta do it write your character out of play! Rules: -There are no set limits on character races at the moment. Whether you'd like your FR dragons or if you'd like to introduce humans, elves, some race of your own making, go ahead. Just keep in mind that your characters must be fair and balanced. No immortal twilight vampires that can do anything (oh lord, please nothing twilight). - Please PM me your character before posting! Don't be shy; it's not so I can approve or anything, it's more so I can put it here, in the first post, to keep a comprehensive list of who pops by. It can be something as little as name, race, photo/description. -As previously stated, paragraph style roleplay is needed. I personally prefer third person past tense, but whatever works for you, works for you. ]][/i] Active Spots Remaining: 0/3 (For now!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11568107] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/115682/11568107_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Rhyysan/Dragon (Skydancer)/Female[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11968605] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/119687/11968605_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Empress/Dragon (Guardian)/Female Played by @ElveraBasilisk[/i] ----- [i]Balrier Hayward of Atherton: -Resting 'annoyed' face -Chiseled features (ooh la laaaa) -Dark black locks, and onyx eyes -Werewolf man of sorts (Something about felines? -Rather fit; hunk of a man. -Druid Affiliation [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WN4tUAgWeUuUX6NvSEvY_BHKzOSsgkDOG2iaHUe3-Ks/edit?usp=sharing]Full bio. [/url] Played by @Mysterious32[/i]
[[OOC; Looking through most of the threads here, I recognize that this roleplay will most likely be something different from the majority of what's available otherwise. I'm looking for an RP partner or two to join me in something a little more serious, more 'realistic' (well, as real as you can get when you're talking dragons). There's a little bit of limitations on who can join, but so long as you're comfortable with paragraph-style writing, you should be fine!

Additionally, don't worry about having to stay on board the entire time. I intend to have a max of three players at any given time; if you're not feeling it or you have to go away for awhile, all you gotta do it write your character out of play!

Rules:
-There are no set limits on character races at the moment. Whether you'd like your FR dragons or if you'd like to introduce humans, elves, some race of your own making, go ahead. Just keep in mind that your characters must be fair and balanced. No immortal twilight vampires that can do anything (oh lord, please nothing twilight).
- Please PM me your character before posting! Don't be shy; it's not so I can approve or anything, it's more so I can put it here, in the first post, to keep a comprehensive list of who pops by. It can be something as little as name, race, photo/description.
-As previously stated, paragraph style roleplay is needed. I personally prefer third person past tense, but whatever works for you, works for you. ]]

Active Spots Remaining: 0/3 (For now!)

11568107_350.png

Rhyysan/Dragon (Skydancer)/Female

11968605_350.png

Empress/Dragon (Guardian)/Female
Played by @ElveraBasilisk

Balrier Hayward of Atherton:
-Resting 'annoyed' face
-Chiseled features (ooh la laaaa)
-Dark black locks, and onyx eyes
-Werewolf man of sorts (Something about felines?
-Rather fit; hunk of a man.
-Druid Affiliation
Full bio. Played by @Mysterious32
B0RqH.gifkVop2.gif
A light breeze caught her feathers as she laid quietly upon a bed of warm stone. While her white and dappled grey hide didn't quite capture the sun's rays any better than her crimson wings, she quite enjoyed the warmth against her belly. Unlike some breeds, she didn't breathe fire, nor did she have an excess of magic to keep core warm on frigid days like this. Winter was fast approaching, and Rhyys could only hope her feathers would be enough to keep her warm. Her joints were already starting to give her trouble at night, and she was done a migrating partner, so going south wasn't really an issue. With humans hunting her kind, she was far safer in the harsh north, away from the vicious little nasties who would spear her and hang her hide someplace she had no business being.

With a soft snort, she shifted her paws to be crossed beneath her chin. A small cloud of rock dust lifted from before her, giving her cause to wish she'd chosen her perch more carefully. Now, she'd have to find some place to groom herself. Perhaps the hot springs a bit further up the mountain? It was risky; she would have to go under cover of night. Judging by the setting sun, she wouldn't have too much longer to wait. The orange light glittered off dark stones seated within her scales and feathers, and she knew she would be quite the fiery sight to behold. The very thought made her thrum with contentment.
A light breeze caught her feathers as she laid quietly upon a bed of warm stone. While her white and dappled grey hide didn't quite capture the sun's rays any better than her crimson wings, she quite enjoyed the warmth against her belly. Unlike some breeds, she didn't breathe fire, nor did she have an excess of magic to keep core warm on frigid days like this. Winter was fast approaching, and Rhyys could only hope her feathers would be enough to keep her warm. Her joints were already starting to give her trouble at night, and she was done a migrating partner, so going south wasn't really an issue. With humans hunting her kind, she was far safer in the harsh north, away from the vicious little nasties who would spear her and hang her hide someplace she had no business being.

With a soft snort, she shifted her paws to be crossed beneath her chin. A small cloud of rock dust lifted from before her, giving her cause to wish she'd chosen her perch more carefully. Now, she'd have to find some place to groom herself. Perhaps the hot springs a bit further up the mountain? It was risky; she would have to go under cover of night. Judging by the setting sun, she wouldn't have too much longer to wait. The orange light glittered off dark stones seated within her scales and feathers, and she knew she would be quite the fiery sight to behold. The very thought made her thrum with contentment.
B0RqH.gifkVop2.gif
@Sonjmir

Is there a plot to this? A more serious sounding rp is a great idea though!
@Sonjmir

Is there a plot to this? A more serious sounding rp is a great idea though!
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
@Ragnaroc

[Nothing 100 percent set as of yet. I usually make everything up on the fly depending on which characters happen to pop in. I guess I had to actually state that it's an original character only rp, haha, but that's the only real limit. I like to trust people as much as possible, since I'm fairly certain we're all old enough to handle ourselves here.]
@Ragnaroc

[Nothing 100 percent set as of yet. I usually make everything up on the fly depending on which characters happen to pop in. I guess I had to actually state that it's an original character only rp, haha, but that's the only real limit. I like to trust people as much as possible, since I'm fairly certain we're all old enough to handle ourselves here.]
B0RqH.gifkVop2.gif
@Sonjmir

((Sorry, I should have been more clear. Some believed that druids could shapeshift into whatever form they choose. I chose to keep it mainly to felines.

On a side note, I ran into a guy(?) with the username Balrier on another thread. That was weird and unexpected. Maybe we used the same name generator.))

Balrier kept to the undergrowth, following the shadows and staying out of sight. A quick glance skyward revealed that the sun would be setting in a matter of minutes, dipping below the horizon and layering the forest in a thick blanket of black.

His claws pulled at the ground harshly as he ran, hurtling himself forward quickly. Everyone knew it was wise to reach their destination before dark, and Balrier was no exception. He hastened his past, a mental map of the forest lining up before him and guiding him to his destination: the hot springs.

It had been just a few days since he was told to meet up with a companion, Elsua, at the hot springs. That mountains were certainly no place for a meet and great, but Elsua wasn't one for being found. The human had been running from the might hand of justice for just under a year now and Balrier, good friend as he was, had decided to help him through a rough patch.

Elsua had been nearly caught just the other week, barely escaping with his things from a snitch wanting a little gold and a few guards wanting Elsua's throat. Balrier hadn't heard from him since, but he assumed his friend had made it up the moment. He had to.

Balrier was jerked from his memories by the familiar sensation of rock underfoot. He had reached the main path up the moment and soft dirt was beginning to be replaced by rubble and stone. He was forced to sheath his claws, lest he risked them loosing their much needed point.

With the peak of the moment ahead, Balrier knew he was close.

((Don't worry about Elsua being a main character. Spoiler alert, he doesn't make it. lol))
@Sonjmir

((Sorry, I should have been more clear. Some believed that druids could shapeshift into whatever form they choose. I chose to keep it mainly to felines.

On a side note, I ran into a guy(?) with the username Balrier on another thread. That was weird and unexpected. Maybe we used the same name generator.))

Balrier kept to the undergrowth, following the shadows and staying out of sight. A quick glance skyward revealed that the sun would be setting in a matter of minutes, dipping below the horizon and layering the forest in a thick blanket of black.

His claws pulled at the ground harshly as he ran, hurtling himself forward quickly. Everyone knew it was wise to reach their destination before dark, and Balrier was no exception. He hastened his past, a mental map of the forest lining up before him and guiding him to his destination: the hot springs.

It had been just a few days since he was told to meet up with a companion, Elsua, at the hot springs. That mountains were certainly no place for a meet and great, but Elsua wasn't one for being found. The human had been running from the might hand of justice for just under a year now and Balrier, good friend as he was, had decided to help him through a rough patch.

Elsua had been nearly caught just the other week, barely escaping with his things from a snitch wanting a little gold and a few guards wanting Elsua's throat. Balrier hadn't heard from him since, but he assumed his friend had made it up the moment. He had to.

Balrier was jerked from his memories by the familiar sensation of rock underfoot. He had reached the main path up the moment and soft dirt was beginning to be replaced by rubble and stone. He was forced to sheath his claws, lest he risked them loosing their much needed point.

With the peak of the moment ahead, Balrier knew he was close.

((Don't worry about Elsua being a main character. Spoiler alert, he doesn't make it. lol))
@Mysterious32

The soft 'shhk' of momentary claws on unforgiving stone earned a slight **** to the sizeable creature's head; now what clumsy beast could that be? It didn't sound large enough to be a dragon. Ah, there. Now that she had honed in on the sound, she could tell now that the creature's pawpads were drumming away, absent of those pesky claws, which meant they were retractable. Which meant feline.

A twitch of an antenna betrayed her annoyance. Sometimes, big cats became a problem for her if they got hungry enough. Their claws rarely got under her scales, but her large, feathered wings were surprisingly delicate and needed close guarding. Being one of the only breeds without a fearsome breath to ward away would-be predators was rather trying at times, she had to admit.

Rhyysan roused herself with a rumbling growl when the little beastie drew within 100 or so metres, following the trail she hadn't bothered to notice. Her neck feathers stood in a warning display as a hiss crept up from deep within her throat. Her wings made her appear much larger than she was, and by all means, she had been fully prepared to preemptively strike and send little kitty yowling back home, but there was something about the rippling wall of muscle that made her pause. Her deep sapphire eyes glinted as she studied the decidedly male beast in a mere instant. She detected an intelligence in him...

Furling her wings, the female dragon stood tall on all fours, her feathers laying flat as she judged him to no longer be a threat. Still, the were-beast intrigued her.

"How do you find yourself in my territory so terribly unannounced, beastie?" There, a hint of amusement in her telepathic tone, though not unkind. Guarded, perhaps, but not standoffish.
@Mysterious32

The soft 'shhk' of momentary claws on unforgiving stone earned a slight **** to the sizeable creature's head; now what clumsy beast could that be? It didn't sound large enough to be a dragon. Ah, there. Now that she had honed in on the sound, she could tell now that the creature's pawpads were drumming away, absent of those pesky claws, which meant they were retractable. Which meant feline.

A twitch of an antenna betrayed her annoyance. Sometimes, big cats became a problem for her if they got hungry enough. Their claws rarely got under her scales, but her large, feathered wings were surprisingly delicate and needed close guarding. Being one of the only breeds without a fearsome breath to ward away would-be predators was rather trying at times, she had to admit.

Rhyysan roused herself with a rumbling growl when the little beastie drew within 100 or so metres, following the trail she hadn't bothered to notice. Her neck feathers stood in a warning display as a hiss crept up from deep within her throat. Her wings made her appear much larger than she was, and by all means, she had been fully prepared to preemptively strike and send little kitty yowling back home, but there was something about the rippling wall of muscle that made her pause. Her deep sapphire eyes glinted as she studied the decidedly male beast in a mere instant. She detected an intelligence in him...

Furling her wings, the female dragon stood tall on all fours, her feathers laying flat as she judged him to no longer be a threat. Still, the were-beast intrigued her.

"How do you find yourself in my territory so terribly unannounced, beastie?" There, a hint of amusement in her telepathic tone, though not unkind. Guarded, perhaps, but not standoffish.
B0RqH.gifkVop2.gif
@Mysterious32 @Sonjmir

The large body shift vaguely in the low den, rumbling with the exhale of the beast as smoke smoldered round her face from her snout. She had been tucked in the den for several days, already seemingly disgruntled from the coming cold. Her temporary den was thick with her self-heating, rendering the use of dragonfire from deep within her chest. It was nearly time now, a few days tucking one-self inside a den for the sake of escaping the chill was perhaps a little spoiled, even for a dragon.

Opting for the fresh air, she gradually dragged herself in elongated stretches toward the end of the den, nose nudging rock and leaves out of her way as she wormed herself free. A deep groan escaped her as her muscles ached, angry for the long and cramped hours. She obeyed their needs, spreading her broad wings once her body was free enough.

A long yawn escaped her, shaking out her limbs as her crimson body shimmered in the dying sunset. Empress straightened fully, her proud head turning this way and that as her golden eyes surveyed the surroundings. Leaving the heated pit behind her, she start through the trees, her nostrils echoing with the intake of air. She recalled the hot spring not far off, having happened across it on her descent into a safe location to rest a few days.
Yes, that would do, the heated spring would surely awaken her stiff muscles.
@Mysterious32 @Sonjmir

The large body shift vaguely in the low den, rumbling with the exhale of the beast as smoke smoldered round her face from her snout. She had been tucked in the den for several days, already seemingly disgruntled from the coming cold. Her temporary den was thick with her self-heating, rendering the use of dragonfire from deep within her chest. It was nearly time now, a few days tucking one-self inside a den for the sake of escaping the chill was perhaps a little spoiled, even for a dragon.

Opting for the fresh air, she gradually dragged herself in elongated stretches toward the end of the den, nose nudging rock and leaves out of her way as she wormed herself free. A deep groan escaped her as her muscles ached, angry for the long and cramped hours. She obeyed their needs, spreading her broad wings once her body was free enough.

A long yawn escaped her, shaking out her limbs as her crimson body shimmered in the dying sunset. Empress straightened fully, her proud head turning this way and that as her golden eyes surveyed the surroundings. Leaving the heated pit behind her, she start through the trees, her nostrils echoing with the intake of air. She recalled the hot spring not far off, having happened across it on her descent into a safe location to rest a few days.
Yes, that would do, the heated spring would surely awaken her stiff muscles.
tVRq6jk.pngg0hFCu8.pnghmeUSax.png4c85ct1.png