Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Avengers RP (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6
@MischiefParadox

"Yeah laugh it up all you want Reindeer Games. Was it also your plan to let Hulk toss you around like a rag doll? If so, maybe you've got a bigger heart than I thought. I've never seen the Big Guy look so happy." A self satisfied smirk slid onto Stark's face, bolstered by a snort of laughter from Clint.

(Ain't that the truth of it? It was a comic book movie, and a sequel at that - people that expect some deep, life changing experience from that sorta thing need to take their expectations down a notch)
@MischiefParadox

"Yeah laugh it up all you want Reindeer Games. Was it also your plan to let Hulk toss you around like a rag doll? If so, maybe you've got a bigger heart than I thought. I've never seen the Big Guy look so happy." A self satisfied smirk slid onto Stark's face, bolstered by a snort of laughter from Clint.

(Ain't that the truth of it? It was a comic book movie, and a sequel at that - people that expect some deep, life changing experience from that sorta thing need to take their expectations down a notch)
r8UGBQ6.png

Signature courtesy of the lovely Aerion
@lordsheo

Loki fell into silence for a few moment, his smirk fading. His eyes narrowed at the billionaire. He didn't like that, not one bit. So he did his best to bend the subject away from his ultimate downfall during the battle of New Yoyk. "My point was; it's not as easy as you're trying to make out. We all know it." He almost growled the words at the man. "Or is there some secret way you've found? Because if you have I would very much like to know what it is."

Natasha smiled at Tony's comeback. She knew that had to please Clint. She'd be lying if it didn't make her happy either.

(Exactly. I don't see why everyone wants some deep meaning. Why can't a movie simply be for entertainment?)
@lordsheo

Loki fell into silence for a few moment, his smirk fading. His eyes narrowed at the billionaire. He didn't like that, not one bit. So he did his best to bend the subject away from his ultimate downfall during the battle of New Yoyk. "My point was; it's not as easy as you're trying to make out. We all know it." He almost growled the words at the man. "Or is there some secret way you've found? Because if you have I would very much like to know what it is."

Natasha smiled at Tony's comeback. She knew that had to please Clint. She'd be lying if it didn't make her happy either.

(Exactly. I don't see why everyone wants some deep meaning. Why can't a movie simply be for entertainment?)
61299459_8gElzDkjRNPL7jj.gif
@MischiefParadox

Tony had to give himself a mental pat on the back, the trickster's reaction had been even better than he'd expected. Emboldened by this success, he prepared for another spectacular comeback, only to be rudely interrupted. "Tracking the Elf will most certainly be difficult." Thor began, looking to Steve but directing his words to the bickering egotists, "Which is why I suggest that we combine our two available resources. As Jane keeps telling me, magic is just science that isn't yet understood, perhaps working together you can create something more powerful than you could alone."

(I think most of the hate comes from those opposing the whole BruceNat thing, which I thought was sorta quite if totally unexpected. And yeah, why can't people just enjoy a good ol' punch em up movie for the light hearted entertainment it is?)
@MischiefParadox

Tony had to give himself a mental pat on the back, the trickster's reaction had been even better than he'd expected. Emboldened by this success, he prepared for another spectacular comeback, only to be rudely interrupted. "Tracking the Elf will most certainly be difficult." Thor began, looking to Steve but directing his words to the bickering egotists, "Which is why I suggest that we combine our two available resources. As Jane keeps telling me, magic is just science that isn't yet understood, perhaps working together you can create something more powerful than you could alone."

(I think most of the hate comes from those opposing the whole BruceNat thing, which I thought was sorta quite if totally unexpected. And yeah, why can't people just enjoy a good ol' punch em up movie for the light hearted entertainment it is?)
r8UGBQ6.png

@lordsheo

Steve smiled a silent thanks to Thor for derailing the inevitable battle of wits that would have followed. "That sounds a good a plan as any." He agreed looking to Bruce and giving Tony a quick glance. "Though I'm not the one to be talking to about magic or science. Doctor Banner, what do you think?"

Bruce rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "It could work. I'm sure. But that's a lot of information and potential techonological advances that the two of us would be making in a few days time. I'm uncertain we'd be able to do it even with Tony's resources." He paused for a moment seeing the almost disappointed look Cap was giving him. "It's defiantly worth a try though. Tony and I could probably hold our end as long as Loki cooperates with his."

Loki sighed. Did they really expect to be able to wrap their mortal minds around the magic that had taken him decades to master? He gave his brother a sideways look but didn't protest. He knew it would be useless to try because in the end he would still end up doing what they want him to. "Worth a try." He muttered.

(Yeah. I mean I'm not too pleased with the NatBruce thing but it's not like it was the whole movie. It can be looked past. Other than that the only problem I had with it was Pietro's death. It seemed rushed and pointless to me. He probably isn't dead though cause it conflicts with his contract and there was no funeral.)
@lordsheo

Steve smiled a silent thanks to Thor for derailing the inevitable battle of wits that would have followed. "That sounds a good a plan as any." He agreed looking to Bruce and giving Tony a quick glance. "Though I'm not the one to be talking to about magic or science. Doctor Banner, what do you think?"

Bruce rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "It could work. I'm sure. But that's a lot of information and potential techonological advances that the two of us would be making in a few days time. I'm uncertain we'd be able to do it even with Tony's resources." He paused for a moment seeing the almost disappointed look Cap was giving him. "It's defiantly worth a try though. Tony and I could probably hold our end as long as Loki cooperates with his."

Loki sighed. Did they really expect to be able to wrap their mortal minds around the magic that had taken him decades to master? He gave his brother a sideways look but didn't protest. He knew it would be useless to try because in the end he would still end up doing what they want him to. "Worth a try." He muttered.

(Yeah. I mean I'm not too pleased with the NatBruce thing but it's not like it was the whole movie. It can be looked past. Other than that the only problem I had with it was Pietro's death. It seemed rushed and pointless to me. He probably isn't dead though cause it conflicts with his contract and there was no funeral.)
@MischiefParadox

"Aw come on Brucey, where's your sense of adventure?" Tony jostled the other man in the ribs. "It'll be just like that time on the Helicarrier, only better. Maybe Mr. Cheerful over there will even teach us some of his magic tricks."

Thor met Loki's glance and returned it with his own beaming smile, any sign of cooperation with Stark, even one so reluctant as this, was a miracle in and of itself. "Then it is settled. I suggest work on the tracking begin immediately," he looked to Steve for confirmation, it was odd not being the leader of this band of friends. A dark shape fluttered past one of the Tower's windows, it was an ordinary bird but nevertheless it sparked Thor's memory. "I had almost forgotten, in Asgard I also procured the use of Odin's ravens," technically Loki's now, "they will be most useful in alerting us to the Elf's presence whenever he returns to Midgard."

(As you said, it wasn't even a big part of the movie so I don't see why people are losing their minds over it - I mean I'm not actually big fan of Thor/Jane but it's easy enough to overlook in favour of enjoying the movie. Apparently they filmed two scenes for the ending of the film, one where Pietro was alive and then the one that we saw - I wouldn't be surprised if they brought him back for Civil War, they brought Coulson back no problem)
@MischiefParadox

"Aw come on Brucey, where's your sense of adventure?" Tony jostled the other man in the ribs. "It'll be just like that time on the Helicarrier, only better. Maybe Mr. Cheerful over there will even teach us some of his magic tricks."

Thor met Loki's glance and returned it with his own beaming smile, any sign of cooperation with Stark, even one so reluctant as this, was a miracle in and of itself. "Then it is settled. I suggest work on the tracking begin immediately," he looked to Steve for confirmation, it was odd not being the leader of this band of friends. A dark shape fluttered past one of the Tower's windows, it was an ordinary bird but nevertheless it sparked Thor's memory. "I had almost forgotten, in Asgard I also procured the use of Odin's ravens," technically Loki's now, "they will be most useful in alerting us to the Elf's presence whenever he returns to Midgard."

(As you said, it wasn't even a big part of the movie so I don't see why people are losing their minds over it - I mean I'm not actually big fan of Thor/Jane but it's easy enough to overlook in favour of enjoying the movie. Apparently they filmed two scenes for the ending of the film, one where Pietro was alive and then the one that we saw - I wouldn't be surprised if they brought him back for Civil War, they brought Coulson back no problem)
r8UGBQ6.png

@lordsheo

"I'd prefer not to have to deal with the other guy." he said referring to the time on the hellicarrier when the Hulk had shown himself. "So let's certainly hope for better."

Loki stood not waiting for the Captain's go ahead. "Yes. The quicker the better." He agreed his eyes drifting back to Thor at the mention of the raven's. He hadn't thought of them, though he had to admit that they would be of great use in tracking the fiend.

(Short reply is short. Sorry.
Exactly. There's always some sort of love aspect of any movie. But most times it's easy enough to look past. I don't really get why people get so caught up in it. And yeah I think he'll be back. It is a superhero movie after all. Loki's been 'dead' twice now? It's simple enough to bring someone back.)
@lordsheo

"I'd prefer not to have to deal with the other guy." he said referring to the time on the hellicarrier when the Hulk had shown himself. "So let's certainly hope for better."

Loki stood not waiting for the Captain's go ahead. "Yes. The quicker the better." He agreed his eyes drifting back to Thor at the mention of the raven's. He hadn't thought of them, though he had to admit that they would be of great use in tracking the fiend.

(Short reply is short. Sorry.
Exactly. There's always some sort of love aspect of any movie. But most times it's easy enough to look past. I don't really get why people get so caught up in it. And yeah I think he'll be back. It is a superhero movie after all. Loki's been 'dead' twice now? It's simple enough to bring someone back.)
@MischiefParadox

"I dunno, he kinda added that air of memorability didn't he? Otherwise it would've just been your average saving-the-world gig." Seeing Loki stand up, Tony heaved a dramatic sigh and followed suit, swinging himself into a standing position before turning to offer Bruce a hand.

"Before we get this messed up show on the road, I have just one question for you," he sauntered closer to the trickster god, "do you even know how to use our tech? I mean you space vikings don't seem all that technologically advanced outside of your magic tricks. No offence."

(No worries, I'm sure more than a few of my replies have been embarrassingly short. Like this one for example.
Yup, that's just the Hollywood formula for success. Tbh I think they're so upset about the romance in this movie where they weren't in the others is because it crushes two of the biggest ships, Clintasha and Science Bros, so people look for dumb*ss reasons to justify their rage. Like saying Nat has been weakened as a character because she fell in love -.-
Yeah and I mean Clint brought Pietro's body back into the Helicarrier with him, it's completely feasible that he was still alive at that time and just needed a bit of help. And they never stated he was dead either. Sorry for the little rant but the majority of the fandom really frustrates me sometimes)
@MischiefParadox

"I dunno, he kinda added that air of memorability didn't he? Otherwise it would've just been your average saving-the-world gig." Seeing Loki stand up, Tony heaved a dramatic sigh and followed suit, swinging himself into a standing position before turning to offer Bruce a hand.

"Before we get this messed up show on the road, I have just one question for you," he sauntered closer to the trickster god, "do you even know how to use our tech? I mean you space vikings don't seem all that technologically advanced outside of your magic tricks. No offence."

(No worries, I'm sure more than a few of my replies have been embarrassingly short. Like this one for example.
Yup, that's just the Hollywood formula for success. Tbh I think they're so upset about the romance in this movie where they weren't in the others is because it crushes two of the biggest ships, Clintasha and Science Bros, so people look for dumb*ss reasons to justify their rage. Like saying Nat has been weakened as a character because she fell in love -.-
Yeah and I mean Clint brought Pietro's body back into the Helicarrier with him, it's completely feasible that he was still alive at that time and just needed a bit of help. And they never stated he was dead either. Sorry for the little rant but the majority of the fandom really frustrates me sometimes)
r8UGBQ6.png

@lordsheo

Bruce took the hand offered to him just giving Tony a sort of annoyed look. But he was used to his constant teasing so it didn't bother him like he let on. "If you say so."

Loki raised an eyebrow at Tony expecting him to continue but he didn't. For once. "Asgard is far more advanced than you." He hissed glancing at Thor with a look that read 'do you believe this?'. He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. This was going to be a long experience. "We just do not refer to things as you do. Lady Jane was admit about that in her trip." He hadn't been there for that certain instance but Thor had spoken of it after that briefly. "So don't worry your pretty head about that."

(Yeah. I don't get it though. Like cannon relationships have never stopped shippers before so why is this a big issue? I was shocked that Clintasha was crushed but I don't mind. I sorta really like their platonic relationship. It proves that a Hetro man and woman who aren't related can actually be really good friends and nothing more. It's something we don't see enough of. And did people really think Science bros would actually be a thing? I mean I ship it. But I don't expect it to be cannon. Ever.)
@lordsheo

Bruce took the hand offered to him just giving Tony a sort of annoyed look. But he was used to his constant teasing so it didn't bother him like he let on. "If you say so."

Loki raised an eyebrow at Tony expecting him to continue but he didn't. For once. "Asgard is far more advanced than you." He hissed glancing at Thor with a look that read 'do you believe this?'. He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. This was going to be a long experience. "We just do not refer to things as you do. Lady Jane was admit about that in her trip." He hadn't been there for that certain instance but Thor had spoken of it after that briefly. "So don't worry your pretty head about that."

(Yeah. I don't get it though. Like cannon relationships have never stopped shippers before so why is this a big issue? I was shocked that Clintasha was crushed but I don't mind. I sorta really like their platonic relationship. It proves that a Hetro man and woman who aren't related can actually be really good friends and nothing more. It's something we don't see enough of. And did people really think Science bros would actually be a thing? I mean I ship it. But I don't expect it to be cannon. Ever.)
@MischiefParadox

Thor shrugged at Loki's questioning look. For whatever reason, whether it be their style of dress or manner of speak, the mortals always seemed to assume that their people would be horribly technophobic. Which would be quite funny if it didn't happen so often. "Loki speaks the truth. Some of your newest technologies have been known to Asgard for centuries." Not to mention the scores that were still far from human reach. "Admittedly, humans can be far more inventive with their creations, such as your remarkable armour my friend." He smiled at Tony, hoping to sooth the smaller man's ego.

"Yeah? Alright then have it your way Reindeer Games." Tony crossed his arms, he was more than a little skeptical of their resident alien's claims. "Just don't come crying to me when you lose a hand to a welder or something." This was going to be a long couple of days. "Bruce, Sparky, follow me, let's see how long we can last before something goes horribly wrong."

(I think it's just kids looking for something to rage against. I mean I'm fairly certain the same sorts of people were whinging at the writer's of Sherlock when Watson married that chick instead of their dear Sherlock. Yeah I think I read that's exactly why Whedon decided not to write them in as a ship, which is great because as you said, it's not something that's portrayed at all in popular media. Usually it's one side pining after the other and that just gets old after a while.)
@MischiefParadox

Thor shrugged at Loki's questioning look. For whatever reason, whether it be their style of dress or manner of speak, the mortals always seemed to assume that their people would be horribly technophobic. Which would be quite funny if it didn't happen so often. "Loki speaks the truth. Some of your newest technologies have been known to Asgard for centuries." Not to mention the scores that were still far from human reach. "Admittedly, humans can be far more inventive with their creations, such as your remarkable armour my friend." He smiled at Tony, hoping to sooth the smaller man's ego.

"Yeah? Alright then have it your way Reindeer Games." Tony crossed his arms, he was more than a little skeptical of their resident alien's claims. "Just don't come crying to me when you lose a hand to a welder or something." This was going to be a long couple of days. "Bruce, Sparky, follow me, let's see how long we can last before something goes horribly wrong."

(I think it's just kids looking for something to rage against. I mean I'm fairly certain the same sorts of people were whinging at the writer's of Sherlock when Watson married that chick instead of their dear Sherlock. Yeah I think I read that's exactly why Whedon decided not to write them in as a ship, which is great because as you said, it's not something that's portrayed at all in popular media. Usually it's one side pining after the other and that just gets old after a while.)
r8UGBQ6.png

@lordsheo

Loki chuckled to himself. Sure Tony's armor was inventive but had the Asgardian's not done it first? And theirs didn't even need a person inside it to control it. Granted the Destroyer had been decommissioned after Loki's ill use of it a few years back. But they had still done it first. He would love to rub that in to the playboy but his brother seemed to be attempting to quell the quarrel between the God and mortal. So he chose to leave it alone. For now. "I'm sure I will be just fine, Stark." he hissed. He wasn't quite sure why he'd agreed to do this. No amount of Asgardian respect was worth dealing with these foolish, self-obsessed mortals. But he was in too far now to retreat.

Bruce nodded. "Let's hope this doesn't take too long."

(Yeah. People are just ridiculous. )
@lordsheo

Loki chuckled to himself. Sure Tony's armor was inventive but had the Asgardian's not done it first? And theirs didn't even need a person inside it to control it. Granted the Destroyer had been decommissioned after Loki's ill use of it a few years back. But they had still done it first. He would love to rub that in to the playboy but his brother seemed to be attempting to quell the quarrel between the God and mortal. So he chose to leave it alone. For now. "I'm sure I will be just fine, Stark." he hissed. He wasn't quite sure why he'd agreed to do this. No amount of Asgardian respect was worth dealing with these foolish, self-obsessed mortals. But he was in too far now to retreat.

Bruce nodded. "Let's hope this doesn't take too long."

(Yeah. People are just ridiculous. )
1 2 3 4 5 6