Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Avengers RP (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6
@MischiefParadox

Clint shot a grateful look at Nat before trying to compose himself, in this state of hyper-tension he'd be next to worthless if a fight broke out, and he was definitely expected that smug idiot to try something. "Thor, you can't really be stupid enough to think he'd actually help us can you?" Damn it, but he couldn't keep quiet any longer, "After everything he's done to all of us, to you, it wouldn't surprise me if the monster teamed up with that Dark Elf just for the hell of it."

Thor's expression darkened heavily at the archer's words, his own temper beginning to flare up at the mortals' inability to truly understand the situation. "You all have your doubts, and they're understandable." To an extent. "But there are few in all the Realms who have as much reason to despise the Dark Elves as Loki and I do. You speak of what he's done to you, do you not remember what the Elves have done to my brother and I? If nothing else, you can trust Loki's hatred to see this matter through"

Silence followed Thor's words, but of course it could not last, not when Tony Stark was in the room. "Ok, so that's cool and I but forgive me if I still don't trust Reindeer Games over there." He begin to walk closer to the Asgardian pair, maintaing an air of false casualness. "Maybe it's different up in space, maybe killing a few thousand of us mere mortals is nothing where you're from, but down here, it's kinda a big deal. Ain't that right Spangles?" He stared brazenly at the brothers, standing not even a metre away in a typical show of Stark-brand bravado.

@MischiefParadox

Clint shot a grateful look at Nat before trying to compose himself, in this state of hyper-tension he'd be next to worthless if a fight broke out, and he was definitely expected that smug idiot to try something. "Thor, you can't really be stupid enough to think he'd actually help us can you?" Damn it, but he couldn't keep quiet any longer, "After everything he's done to all of us, to you, it wouldn't surprise me if the monster teamed up with that Dark Elf just for the hell of it."

Thor's expression darkened heavily at the archer's words, his own temper beginning to flare up at the mortals' inability to truly understand the situation. "You all have your doubts, and they're understandable." To an extent. "But there are few in all the Realms who have as much reason to despise the Dark Elves as Loki and I do. You speak of what he's done to you, do you not remember what the Elves have done to my brother and I? If nothing else, you can trust Loki's hatred to see this matter through"

Silence followed Thor's words, but of course it could not last, not when Tony Stark was in the room. "Ok, so that's cool and I but forgive me if I still don't trust Reindeer Games over there." He begin to walk closer to the Asgardian pair, maintaing an air of false casualness. "Maybe it's different up in space, maybe killing a few thousand of us mere mortals is nothing where you're from, but down here, it's kinda a big deal. Ain't that right Spangles?" He stared brazenly at the brothers, standing not even a metre away in a typical show of Stark-brand bravado.

r8UGBQ6.png

Signature courtesy of the lovely Aerion
Loki swallowed a lump in his throat. He'd tried to push that thought from his mind. But Thor wasn't wrong. He may not be an avenger in their sense of the word but he was determained to avenge his mother's death. She was, after all, the only reason he was still living. Odin would have executed him with ease had she not convinced him against it. "As I've told my brother in times past; trust my rage." He nodded to them, biting back any further remarks.

Despite Loki's testimonies Steve had to agree with Tony. "Murder is murder, Thor. It'd make no difference if it had been one person he'd killed instead of thousands. He's not welcome here and you know it. If I'd known this was the kind of help you were offering us I never would have agreed." He admitted truthfully. "And if this is the choices you're going to make then neither are you."

That was the last straw for Loki. They could throw as many insults and doubts as they wanted at him but Thor was supposed to be their friend. "He's trying to help, you pathetic creature." He hissed his hand tightening around the still concealed dagger at his hip. "You may not trust me and that is fine. But do not trust the judgement of a god such as Thor Odinson."
Loki swallowed a lump in his throat. He'd tried to push that thought from his mind. But Thor wasn't wrong. He may not be an avenger in their sense of the word but he was determained to avenge his mother's death. She was, after all, the only reason he was still living. Odin would have executed him with ease had she not convinced him against it. "As I've told my brother in times past; trust my rage." He nodded to them, biting back any further remarks.

Despite Loki's testimonies Steve had to agree with Tony. "Murder is murder, Thor. It'd make no difference if it had been one person he'd killed instead of thousands. He's not welcome here and you know it. If I'd known this was the kind of help you were offering us I never would have agreed." He admitted truthfully. "And if this is the choices you're going to make then neither are you."

That was the last straw for Loki. They could throw as many insults and doubts as they wanted at him but Thor was supposed to be their friend. "He's trying to help, you pathetic creature." He hissed his hand tightening around the still concealed dagger at his hip. "You may not trust me and that is fine. But do not trust the judgement of a god such as Thor Odinson."
61299459_8gElzDkjRNPL7jj.gif
@MischiefParadox

(Sorry for making it so wordy, I just felt than an epic rant from Thor would be one of the few things to get the Avengers to quit bickering :D

"You will not accept his aid simply because of his past actions?" Thor's grip tightened upon Loki's shoulder, an act as much to hold his brother back as an attempt to reign in his own temper. "That is rich, coming from the lot of you. If I recall right, both Barton and Romanoff are assassins, they have murdered and continue to do so in the name of whatever master they currently serve." Tony made to cut off his rant but Thor mercilessly continued, fixing his the inventor in his thunderous gaze. "Stark is responsible for facilitating the deaths of thousands and Banner has singlehandedly wrought ruin upon a town, and yet you are all perfectly willing to put that aside in the name of a better cause."

Silence followed his words, leaving the Avengers to awkwardly regain their bearings in the wake of his tirade. Clint shot a look to Natasha, clearly unimpressed at having been compared, in any way, to the trickster god. Even Tony seemed to be having a hard time finding a response in the lull as Thor attempted to regain his calm.

Thor straightened his posture from the battle stance he had unconsciously adopted, forcing each Avenger to meet his eye as he lowered Mjolnir once more. He had the gall to look disappointed in them, as if they were but stubborn children and not the survivors of an attack brought down on them by the very being whom he was once again defending. "Regardless of what you think of Loki, I have sworn an oath to protect this realm from all that endangers it. I can do that with you, my friends, by my side or I can take the burden fully unto myself. If you will not accept my brother's help, then I'm afraid you shall no longer have mine either."
@MischiefParadox

(Sorry for making it so wordy, I just felt than an epic rant from Thor would be one of the few things to get the Avengers to quit bickering :D

"You will not accept his aid simply because of his past actions?" Thor's grip tightened upon Loki's shoulder, an act as much to hold his brother back as an attempt to reign in his own temper. "That is rich, coming from the lot of you. If I recall right, both Barton and Romanoff are assassins, they have murdered and continue to do so in the name of whatever master they currently serve." Tony made to cut off his rant but Thor mercilessly continued, fixing his the inventor in his thunderous gaze. "Stark is responsible for facilitating the deaths of thousands and Banner has singlehandedly wrought ruin upon a town, and yet you are all perfectly willing to put that aside in the name of a better cause."

Silence followed his words, leaving the Avengers to awkwardly regain their bearings in the wake of his tirade. Clint shot a look to Natasha, clearly unimpressed at having been compared, in any way, to the trickster god. Even Tony seemed to be having a hard time finding a response in the lull as Thor attempted to regain his calm.

Thor straightened his posture from the battle stance he had unconsciously adopted, forcing each Avenger to meet his eye as he lowered Mjolnir once more. He had the gall to look disappointed in them, as if they were but stubborn children and not the survivors of an attack brought down on them by the very being whom he was once again defending. "Regardless of what you think of Loki, I have sworn an oath to protect this realm from all that endangers it. I can do that with you, my friends, by my side or I can take the burden fully unto myself. If you will not accept my brother's help, then I'm afraid you shall no longer have mine either."
r8UGBQ6.png

@lordsheo
(It's cool. :D)

Natasha tightened her grip on Clint's shoulder. She knew how disgusted he was with the comparison that Thor had made; quite honestly so was she. But he wasn't wrong. They killed for a living because they thought it was the right thing to do. But had Loki not thought the same? They all knew her ledger was dripping with innocent blood as well, but here she was. They accepted her because she made the conscience decision to change. Loki was trying to do the same, was he not? She hated admitting it but Thor was right.

Loki felt Thor's tightened grip. He was unsure if he was restrain him or himself in that particular matter. But he smirked. He liked having his brother on his side again. It'd been a while since the thunderer had defending him to this extent; since he'd been willing to fight by his side as a friend and brother and not just because he had no other option. Granted he was limited in people to choose from who had such knowledge of magics but he knew there were a few others he could have gone to. But he hadn't.

Bruce stiffened. That hadn't been his fault. At least he hadn't meant it. It was the other guy's fault. But he understood where Thor was coming from. "So say he doesn't have any ulterior motives to helping us..." He began after the few moments of silence. He wasn't exactly ready to entirely relinquish his trust in the trickster but it was clear Thor wasn't backing down. So what choice did they have? It's taken the whole lot of them to take down a single Asgardian. They wouldn't be able to do it if they were up against Loki and Thor. "How is he purposing to help?"
@lordsheo
(It's cool. :D)

Natasha tightened her grip on Clint's shoulder. She knew how disgusted he was with the comparison that Thor had made; quite honestly so was she. But he wasn't wrong. They killed for a living because they thought it was the right thing to do. But had Loki not thought the same? They all knew her ledger was dripping with innocent blood as well, but here she was. They accepted her because she made the conscience decision to change. Loki was trying to do the same, was he not? She hated admitting it but Thor was right.

Loki felt Thor's tightened grip. He was unsure if he was restrain him or himself in that particular matter. But he smirked. He liked having his brother on his side again. It'd been a while since the thunderer had defending him to this extent; since he'd been willing to fight by his side as a friend and brother and not just because he had no other option. Granted he was limited in people to choose from who had such knowledge of magics but he knew there were a few others he could have gone to. But he hadn't.

Bruce stiffened. That hadn't been his fault. At least he hadn't meant it. It was the other guy's fault. But he understood where Thor was coming from. "So say he doesn't have any ulterior motives to helping us..." He began after the few moments of silence. He wasn't exactly ready to entirely relinquish his trust in the trickster but it was clear Thor wasn't backing down. So what choice did they have? It's taken the whole lot of them to take down a single Asgardian. They wouldn't be able to do it if they were up against Loki and Thor. "How is he purposing to help?"
@MischiefParadox

"It's too early in this day for this, I need a drink. Anyone else want?" Tony made his way over to one of the many liquor cabinets he had scattered throughout the Tower. "Legolas, you don't have an option, you're getting one." He sure as hell needed one, just looking at Clint was making Tony feel twitchy. Barton didn't respond, he was far too busy glaring holes in the Asgardian brothers. Damn Thor for actually having a point.

Thor felt a twinge a guilt following his words, in particular towards Dr. Banner. He knew that actions of the green beast couldn't be blamed on the man, but if there was one thing he had learned from Loki it was how to goad the necessary reactions from people. "Well," he looked to Loki, unsure where to start as his own knowledge of magic was comparatively limited, "for one he will be able to undo much of the damage the Elf has wrought." That damage being the multitude of spells and enchantments he seemed to lay down wherever he went, ever-burning fires and the like that had cost them more than a few lives and rendered areas uninhabitable. "In addition, Loki would be able to help us contain the Elf when we capture him." In the past, whenever they'd come close to trapping the creature, he had slipped their grasp through one means or another.
@MischiefParadox

"It's too early in this day for this, I need a drink. Anyone else want?" Tony made his way over to one of the many liquor cabinets he had scattered throughout the Tower. "Legolas, you don't have an option, you're getting one." He sure as hell needed one, just looking at Clint was making Tony feel twitchy. Barton didn't respond, he was far too busy glaring holes in the Asgardian brothers. Damn Thor for actually having a point.

Thor felt a twinge a guilt following his words, in particular towards Dr. Banner. He knew that actions of the green beast couldn't be blamed on the man, but if there was one thing he had learned from Loki it was how to goad the necessary reactions from people. "Well," he looked to Loki, unsure where to start as his own knowledge of magic was comparatively limited, "for one he will be able to undo much of the damage the Elf has wrought." That damage being the multitude of spells and enchantments he seemed to lay down wherever he went, ever-burning fires and the like that had cost them more than a few lives and rendered areas uninhabitable. "In addition, Loki would be able to help us contain the Elf when we capture him." In the past, whenever they'd come close to trapping the creature, he had slipped their grasp through one means or another.
r8UGBQ6.png

@lordsheo

"I'll have one." Natasha spoke up glancing to Tony. Actually she would prefer about twelve drinks but one would have to do for now. If she knew Tony though it wouldn't end at a simple glass of scotch. She had her doubts, however, on what Loki could actually accomplish. Why was he any more versed in the magic of an Elf than anyone else they could have gone to? Actually, now that she was thinking about it why hadn't they gone to someone else? Say perhaps Wanda Maxicoff or Steven Strange? Both were just as liable a candidate as the trickster. Less likely to get stabbed in the back by them as well.

Loki nodded his agreement. "From what Thor has told me the enchantments should be easy enough to undo. I've done worse to the horses as a child." He shrugged, referring to the few times he'd enchanted Thor's horse before a hunt just to see the thunderer's reaction. "Containing the creature will prove a bit more difficult but nothing I can not handle." He eased a bit at the slight acceptance even if it was from just one member. He still felt the archer's eyes on him but he had expected that.
@lordsheo

"I'll have one." Natasha spoke up glancing to Tony. Actually she would prefer about twelve drinks but one would have to do for now. If she knew Tony though it wouldn't end at a simple glass of scotch. She had her doubts, however, on what Loki could actually accomplish. Why was he any more versed in the magic of an Elf than anyone else they could have gone to? Actually, now that she was thinking about it why hadn't they gone to someone else? Say perhaps Wanda Maxicoff or Steven Strange? Both were just as liable a candidate as the trickster. Less likely to get stabbed in the back by them as well.

Loki nodded his agreement. "From what Thor has told me the enchantments should be easy enough to undo. I've done worse to the horses as a child." He shrugged, referring to the few times he'd enchanted Thor's horse before a hunt just to see the thunderer's reaction. "Containing the creature will prove a bit more difficult but nothing I can not handle." He eased a bit at the slight acceptance even if it was from just one member. He still felt the archer's eyes on him but he had expected that.
@MischiefParadox

Who was he kidding, Tony knew just one drink wouldn't cut it. He brought three glasses and a large container of scotch back over, pouring generous amounts for both the assassins and himself. He raised an eyebrow as Clint practically downed his in one go but refrained from commenting. That guy had issues.

"So why exactly do we need this jerk in particular? Last time I checked we had a few home-grown magicians who could probably do all that stuff." Given time, it's not like they hadn't approached Strange for his help - he just needed time to figure out what to do. "Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you whack around a few of his Elf-y friends just the other month? Remind me again why you couldn't just do the same thing."

Thor heaved a sigh of exasperation, he loved his human friends but sometimes their inability to just accept things beyond their comprehension was tiring. "That is simple Anthony." Tony bristled at the use of his full name, the last thing he needed today was that muscle-head getting all condescending to him. "Even if your mortal sorcerers could aid us, Loki is the more practical answer. As he has said, he already has experience with the form of magic the Elf is using and in addition to that, I have come to believe that this Elf periodically escapes back to Svartalfheim. Loki is the only one with the means to track him there aside from Heimdall, who cannot be released from his duties to aid us." Thor made his way over to an empty couch, now that a fight was no longer imminent he thought it wise to try re-establish some form of familiarity with his team mates.

"As to why I cannot deal with this as I did the other, it is because in many ways a single Elf is harder to combat than an army. When Malekith invaded, he planned to use only brute force, which is easily counteracted if you have the strength. This survivor though, he fates for no cause other than to cause chaos as revenge for his people, and as such is more challenging for one such as I to combat."
@MischiefParadox

Who was he kidding, Tony knew just one drink wouldn't cut it. He brought three glasses and a large container of scotch back over, pouring generous amounts for both the assassins and himself. He raised an eyebrow as Clint practically downed his in one go but refrained from commenting. That guy had issues.

"So why exactly do we need this jerk in particular? Last time I checked we had a few home-grown magicians who could probably do all that stuff." Given time, it's not like they hadn't approached Strange for his help - he just needed time to figure out what to do. "Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you whack around a few of his Elf-y friends just the other month? Remind me again why you couldn't just do the same thing."

Thor heaved a sigh of exasperation, he loved his human friends but sometimes their inability to just accept things beyond their comprehension was tiring. "That is simple Anthony." Tony bristled at the use of his full name, the last thing he needed today was that muscle-head getting all condescending to him. "Even if your mortal sorcerers could aid us, Loki is the more practical answer. As he has said, he already has experience with the form of magic the Elf is using and in addition to that, I have come to believe that this Elf periodically escapes back to Svartalfheim. Loki is the only one with the means to track him there aside from Heimdall, who cannot be released from his duties to aid us." Thor made his way over to an empty couch, now that a fight was no longer imminent he thought it wise to try re-establish some form of familiarity with his team mates.

"As to why I cannot deal with this as I did the other, it is because in many ways a single Elf is harder to combat than an army. When Malekith invaded, he planned to use only brute force, which is easily counteracted if you have the strength. This survivor though, he fates for no cause other than to cause chaos as revenge for his people, and as such is more challenging for one such as I to combat."
r8UGBQ6.png

@lordsheo

Steve hadn't said much in the matter. He was just letting it play out for the time being; trying to give Thor the benefit of the doubt. He hadade some very valid points after all. But when he realized something no one else had mentioned he had to speak up once more. "I thought you went to Asgard to retrieve Odin. Is he not more well versed than Loki?" He asked curiously. He didn't know what to expect but the king had been the entire reason Thor had returned to Asgard in a time such as this. He could understand Odin not wanting to leave his throne but why would he allow Loki to go in his stead?

Loki shifted his weight nervously as Thor left his side. He felt exposed without his brother at the ready to defend him if needed. Especially with Barton still looking like he would pounce at any given moment. His green eyes snapped to the Captain though when he asked the fairly simple question. A question that could not be answered as simply. He looked the mortal over for a moment, contemplating just answering outright but he knew that his brother would not be pleased with that. And it probably would do the trickster no favors either. So he looked at Thor to answer.
@lordsheo

Steve hadn't said much in the matter. He was just letting it play out for the time being; trying to give Thor the benefit of the doubt. He hadade some very valid points after all. But when he realized something no one else had mentioned he had to speak up once more. "I thought you went to Asgard to retrieve Odin. Is he not more well versed than Loki?" He asked curiously. He didn't know what to expect but the king had been the entire reason Thor had returned to Asgard in a time such as this. He could understand Odin not wanting to leave his throne but why would he allow Loki to go in his stead?

Loki shifted his weight nervously as Thor left his side. He felt exposed without his brother at the ready to defend him if needed. Especially with Barton still looking like he would pounce at any given moment. His green eyes snapped to the Captain though when he asked the fairly simple question. A question that could not be answered as simply. He looked the mortal over for a moment, contemplating just answering outright but he knew that his brother would not be pleased with that. And it probably would do the trickster no favors either. So he looked at Thor to answer.
@MischiefParadox

Thor tried not to stiffen at the Captain's question, chancing a glance at Loki before returning his focus to the Avengers. "Not as such my friend, I returned to Asgard to seek his help - Odin rarely ever leaves Asgard and I knew he wouldn't deign personally come to Midgard." Tony's face soured at that, "What? Are we 'puny mortals' not good enough for daddy dearest?" He helped himself to another glass of scotch. Pepper would kill him for drinking this early in the day but he figured this was a special occasion.

The thunderer winced at that, delaying his response as he tried to figure out how to word it carefully. "...Aye. it grieves me to say it, but there are few in all the Realms who would come to our aid in this matter. The Elf poses no direct threat to anyone outside of Midgard and as such they believe that it is... of no concern of theirs." Thor gestured for Loki to join him on the couch, "Loki volunteered to aid us, he was under no obligation to do so yet he is willing to help. Is that not enough?"
@MischiefParadox

Thor tried not to stiffen at the Captain's question, chancing a glance at Loki before returning his focus to the Avengers. "Not as such my friend, I returned to Asgard to seek his help - Odin rarely ever leaves Asgard and I knew he wouldn't deign personally come to Midgard." Tony's face soured at that, "What? Are we 'puny mortals' not good enough for daddy dearest?" He helped himself to another glass of scotch. Pepper would kill him for drinking this early in the day but he figured this was a special occasion.

The thunderer winced at that, delaying his response as he tried to figure out how to word it carefully. "...Aye. it grieves me to say it, but there are few in all the Realms who would come to our aid in this matter. The Elf poses no direct threat to anyone outside of Midgard and as such they believe that it is... of no concern of theirs." Thor gestured for Loki to join him on the couch, "Loki volunteered to aid us, he was under no obligation to do so yet he is willing to help. Is that not enough?"
r8UGBQ6.png

@lordsheo

Loki somehow kept his mouth shut and joined Thor at his beckoning. He looked the others over quietly. The lie was as good as any so he couldn't see why they wouldn't believe it. Though he knew it pained Thor to paint Odin in such a negative light. "I am merely here to help." He repeated once more. "Take that as you will."

Natasha shook her head. Something didn't smell right. Maybe Loki was here to help. And maybe Odin didn't want to bother with them. "Correct me if I'm wrong but..." She began glaring daggers at the trickster. "Isn't your brother dear still a war criminal?" She pointed out with a huff. She really could not see why Odin would allow Loki out of the dungeons to venture between realms. Last time Thor had had to commit treason to enlist the god's help. Unless Odin was unaware of Loki's so-called 'heroic' mission with Thor.
@lordsheo

Loki somehow kept his mouth shut and joined Thor at his beckoning. He looked the others over quietly. The lie was as good as any so he couldn't see why they wouldn't believe it. Though he knew it pained Thor to paint Odin in such a negative light. "I am merely here to help." He repeated once more. "Take that as you will."

Natasha shook her head. Something didn't smell right. Maybe Loki was here to help. And maybe Odin didn't want to bother with them. "Correct me if I'm wrong but..." She began glaring daggers at the trickster. "Isn't your brother dear still a war criminal?" She pointed out with a huff. She really could not see why Odin would allow Loki out of the dungeons to venture between realms. Last time Thor had had to commit treason to enlist the god's help. Unless Odin was unaware of Loki's so-called 'heroic' mission with Thor.
1 2 3 4 5 6