Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Hogwarts Tale [Main Thread] (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 85 86
@peachymoo @frozenpumpkin

I'm crashing this role-play

Name: Parafron Menaleese

Nationality: Italian and English

Appearance: Parafron is tall for her age. She has slightly tanned skin with freckles, along with short, straight brown hair and grey eyes. Parafron tends to shift her weight to her right side.

Personality: Parafron is a flexible person, who is able to understand many types of viewpoints from different people- even the most despicable. She enjoys playing devil's advocate, especially if it means her end of the bargain getting fulfilled- for Parafron, hollow victories are for the narrow-minded. Despite her ability to emphasize with near everyone, she rarely offers her compassion as she gets confused on who is the victim because the victim might seem like the bully since she understands both views, or the other way around. Parafron is fairly intelligent and with a quick tongue, but her disregard for moral boundaries due to her confusion and her preference towards muggle tools ("Can't I just use a pen? Look, I have a flashlight right here, that spell isn't that impressive-") she doesn't make friends easily and can even make enemies.

History: Parafron's father was on an excursion to Italy when he met her mother in the beautiful Venice, with men casting her looks and smiling to themselves whenever she walked by. Her father never knew why no man seemed to pursue her until he got into the relationship and met with her parents- the local mafia family. He managed to earn their approval, and apparently maintain it as on his marriage day his wife's father promised that if he ever hurt her, his guts would be leaking lead. The wizard revealed his magical heritage soon after to his wife, who quickly embraced it and soon they had flown to London, where Parafron was born. Her parents, though wealthy thanks to both her parents' heritages, never could decide on how to raise her- Catholic? Nothing at all? Homeschooled or to a Public school until she went to Hogwarts? Everything was left neutral and undecided, and Parafron was happy to live both lives until, the day she received her letter, her father grabbed her by the shoulders and pleaded,

"Don't get mixed up with the pure-bloods. There is a bad war happening and the half-bloods... They aren't as safe as they used to be. Never leave the school by yourself, never pick a fight with a pure-blood who's father might be mixed up with You-Know-Who. If... If anyone threatens you, tell me or your mother. My pure blood side of the family has connections, and if your mother or I...If worst comes worst, you tell your grandpa."

When she went crying to her mother, sick with fear, her mother laid to rest her fears and that night she learned Italian words she was pretty sure she wasn't supposed to know. True to her personality however, Parafron kept an open mind and left for Hogwarts armed with her own version of manipulation, her intelligence, and a cat named Fe.

Blood Type: Mixed

House: Slytherin

Wand: Cedar, 13 inches, Dragon Heartstring, Surprisingly Swishy

Favorite Class: Defense Against The Dark Arts

Least Favorite Class: Astronomy

Pet: Silver Maine Coone cat named Fe, though one day she hopes to smuggle in her dog
@peachymoo @frozenpumpkin

I'm crashing this role-play

Name: Parafron Menaleese

Nationality: Italian and English

Appearance: Parafron is tall for her age. She has slightly tanned skin with freckles, along with short, straight brown hair and grey eyes. Parafron tends to shift her weight to her right side.

Personality: Parafron is a flexible person, who is able to understand many types of viewpoints from different people- even the most despicable. She enjoys playing devil's advocate, especially if it means her end of the bargain getting fulfilled- for Parafron, hollow victories are for the narrow-minded. Despite her ability to emphasize with near everyone, she rarely offers her compassion as she gets confused on who is the victim because the victim might seem like the bully since she understands both views, or the other way around. Parafron is fairly intelligent and with a quick tongue, but her disregard for moral boundaries due to her confusion and her preference towards muggle tools ("Can't I just use a pen? Look, I have a flashlight right here, that spell isn't that impressive-") she doesn't make friends easily and can even make enemies.

History: Parafron's father was on an excursion to Italy when he met her mother in the beautiful Venice, with men casting her looks and smiling to themselves whenever she walked by. Her father never knew why no man seemed to pursue her until he got into the relationship and met with her parents- the local mafia family. He managed to earn their approval, and apparently maintain it as on his marriage day his wife's father promised that if he ever hurt her, his guts would be leaking lead. The wizard revealed his magical heritage soon after to his wife, who quickly embraced it and soon they had flown to London, where Parafron was born. Her parents, though wealthy thanks to both her parents' heritages, never could decide on how to raise her- Catholic? Nothing at all? Homeschooled or to a Public school until she went to Hogwarts? Everything was left neutral and undecided, and Parafron was happy to live both lives until, the day she received her letter, her father grabbed her by the shoulders and pleaded,

"Don't get mixed up with the pure-bloods. There is a bad war happening and the half-bloods... They aren't as safe as they used to be. Never leave the school by yourself, never pick a fight with a pure-blood who's father might be mixed up with You-Know-Who. If... If anyone threatens you, tell me or your mother. My pure blood side of the family has connections, and if your mother or I...If worst comes worst, you tell your grandpa."

When she went crying to her mother, sick with fear, her mother laid to rest her fears and that night she learned Italian words she was pretty sure she wasn't supposed to know. True to her personality however, Parafron kept an open mind and left for Hogwarts armed with her own version of manipulation, her intelligence, and a cat named Fe.

Blood Type: Mixed

House: Slytherin

Wand: Cedar, 13 inches, Dragon Heartstring, Surprisingly Swishy

Favorite Class: Defense Against The Dark Arts

Least Favorite Class: Astronomy

Pet: Silver Maine Coone cat named Fe, though one day she hopes to smuggle in her dog
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
@Peachymoo
Sure I'll take a teach. Who's still open?
@Peachymoo
Sure I'll take a teach. Who's still open?
@Burnmoon

Your character is accepted! Once we get more characters, I'll start up the sorting
@Burnmoon

Your character is accepted! Once we get more characters, I'll start up the sorting
tumblr_nulm7gOXPV1u2bprpo4_r1_540.png
@Peachymoo

Oh i was just going to put a brief description on the intro post on AWH with a link if you want to do the same once there are more people. Is Natalie alright?
@Peachymoo

Oh i was just going to put a brief description on the intro post on AWH with a link if you want to do the same once there are more people. Is Natalie alright?
Lichtdrache.gif
4skHeap.png
@wildheart

yup! she is great! and I will too!
@wildheart

yup! she is great! and I will too!
@demise

anyone without a user name next to it uvub
@demise

anyone without a user name next to it uvub
@Peachymoo
Ooh, then I'll take McGonagall. *v* Lave her.
@Peachymoo
Ooh, then I'll take McGonagall. *v* Lave her.
@Burnmoon

Natalie and Parafron should be friends. :D I could see that as interesting. Natalie is just like "why would you want to use muggle items. They are so boring."

Her wit and Parafron's points of view could make for some interesting debates.
@Burnmoon

Natalie and Parafron should be friends. :D I could see that as interesting. Natalie is just like "why would you want to use muggle items. They are so boring."

Her wit and Parafron's points of view could make for some interesting debates.
Lichtdrache.gif
4skHeap.png
@wildheart

lol, that would be pretty fun. And teachers like getting confused on whether they're friends or not because all they hear in class is

"Yeah, okay, this divination thing is pretty cool and all but I am pretty sure a satellite does the job a lot better."

"No, you're being dumb, let me tell you a thing-"

"Give me one reason-"
@wildheart

lol, that would be pretty fun. And teachers like getting confused on whether they're friends or not because all they hear in class is

"Yeah, okay, this divination thing is pretty cool and all but I am pretty sure a satellite does the job a lot better."

"No, you're being dumb, let me tell you a thing-"

"Give me one reason-"
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
@Peachymoo Ey, more RPs to get out of this creative slump. [center][b]Name[/b]: Hilda Min (?) [b]Age[/b]: 11 [b]Gender[/b]: Female [b]Nationality[/b]: Chinese, has lived in the Americas since she was 2 so is bilingual with no obvious accent. [b]Appearance[/b]: [img]http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y466/dragontigeryea/RP_zps4t20te4b.png[/img] Slim build, about 5 feet tall. Her eyes are a dark brown. [b]Personality[/b]: Coming from a rather restrictive household, Hilda has learned to rebel from an early age, most notably the fact that she refuses to take her traditionally Mandarin first name. Because of her instinct to go against authority, she is often seen as loud, rude, and crude. Her restrictive parents also forced her to become very cunning and sly in order to get away with things and because of this, often tells elaborate lies and is quick to act innocent and ignorant. She has developed a very good memory in order to balance all the lies she tells. While she may seem to be self-serving, Hilda is empathetic and kind when the time calls for it. Though she might drop one too many hard truths before she realizes she should stop. She is also very conscious of social norms and usually retaliates against any injustice towards herself with violence. Pure violence. [b]History[/b]: Raised in a very traditional household, Hilda never had much freedom growing up. The name her parents gave her was Hui (?) and her parents expected her to become as smart and successful as possible. They had recently fled from the oppressive Communist party that was beginning to wheedle its way into everyday life and believed that they must protect their child from succumbing to the cruelties of the world they had grown up in. After they settle, nearly everyone from their family also began fleeing, leading phone-calls to be the normal mode of communication. They lived in the slums on the edges of a large city, among the other poor immigrants and down-on-their-luck folks. Hilda saw many friends come and go due to the cruel truths of preference in the workplace; those that had paler skin and a better "American" accent were selected, those that did not were kicked out. Hilda has since been very self-righteous about being called anything that is not her name. Hilda took her more Americanized name when she was only in pre-school, already fed up with repeating the pronunciation of her name over and over. Her parents did not like this, as they felt Hilda was beginning to shrug off her roots. She, of course, refused to budge on the subject. As she grew older and her parent's grip became tighter, ordering her to be a calm, collected young lady, Hilda began acting out in more and more elaborate ways; stealing the principle's chair, writing rude phrases on the chalkboards, hiding library books in other teacher's rooms, pining pranks such as water-balloons falling from the ceiling and a switch-up between the girl's and boy's bathroom labels on other children, and, the one that ultimately showed her true powers, flying up to the flagpole and stealing the American flag. While she had at first wanted to reel it down, she soon realized the mechanism to do so was too heavy for her to operate and while she stood beneath the flag, wishing to grab it, she felt a sudden rush of air and found herself flying upwards towards the flag. Without thinking, she grabbed it and descended, landing without a bruise. Amazed at her own talents, Hilda began to test the limits of her magic, ultimately culminating in Hilda setting fire to her neighbor's yard when she had been attempting to light a match. Horrified that their daughter was "unclean" and "bewitched", her parents kept her in her room as much as possible until a letter bound to an owl's leg appeared at dinner one day. While they tried to ignore it, the owl would not let up and eventually her parents took the letter and learned of her true nature. At first they refused to allow her to go, citing the dangers and the shame that would come from being a witch. Upset, Hilda called her cousins that lived in England, demanding they talk sense into her parents. While they were shocked, they eventually agreed that Hilda should learn to take advantage of the education she was being provided and even offered to house Hilda during the summer breaks, in order to save on air-fare. Her parents begrudgingly agreed. Now free from her parents and the suffocating life she had lived, Hilda is prepared to make the most of her education. With only her sharp tongue and quick fingers to her name, Hilda is ready to give Hogwarts a taste of what someone like her can do. [b]Blood Type:[/b] Muggle-born [b]House[/b]: - [b]Wand[/b]: Oak, Dragon Heart-string, Rigid, 12 inches [b]Favorite Class[/b]: Defense Against the Dark Arts [b]Least Favorite Class[/b]: Herbology [b]Pet (Optional)[/b]: None [/center]
@Peachymoo
Ey, more RPs to get out of this creative slump.
Name:
Hilda Min (?)
Nationality:
Chinese, has lived in the Americas since she was 2 so is bilingual with no obvious accent.
Appearance:
RP_zps4t20te4b.png
Slim build, about 5 feet tall. Her eyes are a dark brown.
Personality:
Coming from a rather restrictive household, Hilda has learned to rebel from an early age, most notably the fact that she refuses to take her traditionally Mandarin first name. Because of her instinct to go against authority, she is often seen as loud, rude, and crude. Her restrictive parents also forced her to become very cunning and sly in order to get away with things and because of this, often tells elaborate lies and is quick to act innocent and ignorant. She has developed a very good memory in order to balance all the lies she tells. While she may seem to be self-serving, Hilda is empathetic and kind when the time calls for it. Though she might drop one too many hard truths before she realizes she should stop.
She is also very conscious of social norms and usually retaliates against any injustice towards herself with violence. Pure violence.
History:
Raised in a very traditional household, Hilda never had much freedom growing up. The name her parents gave her was Hui (?) and her parents expected her to become as smart and successful as possible. They had recently fled from the oppressive Communist party that was beginning to wheedle its way into everyday life and believed that they must protect their child from succumbing to the cruelties of the world they had grown up in. After they settle, nearly everyone from their family also began fleeing, leading phone-calls to be the normal mode of communication.
They lived in the slums on the edges of a large city, among the other poor immigrants and down-on-their-luck folks. Hilda saw many friends come and go due to the cruel truths of preference in the workplace; those that had paler skin and a better "American" accent were selected, those that did not were kicked out. Hilda has since been very self-righteous about being called anything that is not her name.
Hilda took her more Americanized name when she was only in pre-school, already fed up with repeating the pronunciation of her name over and over. Her parents did not like this, as they felt Hilda was beginning to shrug off her roots. She, of course, refused to budge on the subject.
As she grew older and her parent's grip became tighter, ordering her to be a calm, collected young lady, Hilda began acting out in more and more elaborate ways; stealing the principle's chair, writing rude phrases on the chalkboards, hiding library books in other teacher's rooms, pining pranks such as water-balloons falling from the ceiling and a switch-up between the girl's and boy's bathroom labels on other children, and, the one that ultimately showed her true powers, flying up to the flagpole and stealing the American flag.
While she had at first wanted to reel it down, she soon realized the mechanism to do so was too heavy for her to operate and while she stood beneath the flag, wishing to grab it, she felt a sudden rush of air and found herself flying upwards towards the flag. Without thinking, she grabbed it and descended, landing without a bruise. Amazed at her own talents, Hilda began to test the limits of her magic, ultimately culminating in Hilda setting fire to her neighbor's yard when she had been attempting to light a match.
Horrified that their daughter was "unclean" and "bewitched", her parents kept her in her room as much as possible until a letter bound to an owl's leg appeared at dinner one day. While they tried to ignore it, the owl would not let up and eventually her parents took the letter and learned of her true nature.
At first they refused to allow her to go, citing the dangers and the shame that would come from being a witch. Upset, Hilda called her cousins that lived in England, demanding they talk sense into her parents. While they were shocked, they eventually agreed that Hilda should learn to take advantage of the education she was being provided and even offered to house Hilda during the summer breaks, in order to save on air-fare. Her parents begrudgingly agreed.
Now free from her parents and the suffocating life she had lived, Hilda is prepared to make the most of her education. With only her sharp tongue and quick fingers to her name, Hilda is ready to give Hogwarts a taste of what someone like her can do.
Blood Type:
Muggle-born
House:
-
Wand:
Oak, Dragon Heart-string, Rigid, 12 inches
Favorite Class:
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Least Favorite Class:
Herbology
Pet (Optional):
None