Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Blue blood black blood {closed}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
((No worries, @giftofartemis ! It's totally understandable. I myself will be having two very busy weeks after this one (labs and two exams and work in the evenings, eek), so I might be less active then.))

Dominic lets out a furious roar - not that it does any good. He really doesn't want to admit it, but Ben's right. If there was enough space, Dom would know a dozen ways to take Benedict out, but as things are, he's in a hallway that's too narrow for him to even properly turn around, and has a very limited number of solutions right now.

He could perhaps shift back, and this time watch out for Benedict's tail, but that would give Benedict an opening. If the rebel would strike while Dom was shifting, or right after that, Dom couldn't do much to prevent it. Not when he was already so close. If he had some help, then he might have enough time, but not now. Then, on the other hand, Dom really can't fight as a dragon either. Well planned, Dom. Really brilliant, Dom scolds himself as his eyes track Benedict's movements. As the rebel attacks, Dom tries to sweep at him with his claws, but to no avail. Ben darts towards Dom, and Dom realizes what he's trying to do. Sure, Dom won't be able to see what Benedict does in this position, but then again, there are some... downsides to getting under a five-ton dragon. Dom drops down with all of his weight, hoping that Benedict would be unlucky enought to be crushed by his slender body.

Dom swears that he'll never, ever make the mistake of shifting into a dragon form in a battle that's taking place in such a cramped place. Or the mistake of going anywhere unarmed, ever. He didn't believe he'd be this rusty after summer.
((No worries, @giftofartemis ! It's totally understandable. I myself will be having two very busy weeks after this one (labs and two exams and work in the evenings, eek), so I might be less active then.))

Dominic lets out a furious roar - not that it does any good. He really doesn't want to admit it, but Ben's right. If there was enough space, Dom would know a dozen ways to take Benedict out, but as things are, he's in a hallway that's too narrow for him to even properly turn around, and has a very limited number of solutions right now.

He could perhaps shift back, and this time watch out for Benedict's tail, but that would give Benedict an opening. If the rebel would strike while Dom was shifting, or right after that, Dom couldn't do much to prevent it. Not when he was already so close. If he had some help, then he might have enough time, but not now. Then, on the other hand, Dom really can't fight as a dragon either. Well planned, Dom. Really brilliant, Dom scolds himself as his eyes track Benedict's movements. As the rebel attacks, Dom tries to sweep at him with his claws, but to no avail. Ben darts towards Dom, and Dom realizes what he's trying to do. Sure, Dom won't be able to see what Benedict does in this position, but then again, there are some... downsides to getting under a five-ton dragon. Dom drops down with all of his weight, hoping that Benedict would be unlucky enought to be crushed by his slender body.

Dom swears that he'll never, ever make the mistake of shifting into a dragon form in a battle that's taking place in such a cramped place. Or the mistake of going anywhere unarmed, ever. He didn't believe he'd be this rusty after summer.
@GiftOfArtemis (( Don't worry about it! Working two jobs is rough. ))

"Stay behind you, got it." Eve closely followed her savior down the hall, barely stopping herself from holding onto the back of the girls shirt. She was a combination of flustered and flattered over the nick name Avarice had seemed to give her. Little blue sounded nice, and she couldn't suppress a small smile as she moved. The blue blood silently decided that she liked the name, and wouldn't put up any sort of fuss if Avarice wanted to keep calling her that for the foreseeable future. If they had a future at all.

The depressing thought put a small damper on her smile, but she was determined not to be just a scared sack of uselessness right now. She couldn't help anyone in a fight, but at the very least she could make it easier to protect her. The black blood wasn't her partner, or being paid for her services at the moment, but if she got them both out of this unscathed, Eve would do her best to see to it that she was compensated fairly. Shaking the thoughts away for now, she kept a steady gaze on the dark red hair swaying in front of her.
@GiftOfArtemis (( Don't worry about it! Working two jobs is rough. ))

"Stay behind you, got it." Eve closely followed her savior down the hall, barely stopping herself from holding onto the back of the girls shirt. She was a combination of flustered and flattered over the nick name Avarice had seemed to give her. Little blue sounded nice, and she couldn't suppress a small smile as she moved. The blue blood silently decided that she liked the name, and wouldn't put up any sort of fuss if Avarice wanted to keep calling her that for the foreseeable future. If they had a future at all.

The depressing thought put a small damper on her smile, but she was determined not to be just a scared sack of uselessness right now. She couldn't help anyone in a fight, but at the very least she could make it easier to protect her. The black blood wasn't her partner, or being paid for her services at the moment, but if she got them both out of this unscathed, Eve would do her best to see to it that she was compensated fairly. Shaking the thoughts away for now, she kept a steady gaze on the dark red hair swaying in front of her.
3 hours ahead of FR time
Avarice continued down the hall towards the shaking hall. Whatever it was in their thrashed around some more. As she turned the corner, blue and red filled her vision. It wasad rag on, blocking the way. And not just any dragon.

Between her and the dragon was a rebel, smarting off cockily.

---

Benedict laughed as he slid under the huge Imp. The dragon was angered, probably by his own mistake.

"Rookie then, rookie now huh? Tsk tsk. I could have trained you. Now I'll have to kill you." The rebel said, extending his claws as he approached the imp from behind.

However, there was a loud WHAP and Ben crumpled to the floor.

"Dom?" Avarice asked, from behind the fallen rebel, shaking out her fist from one hell of a punch. "Was that Benedict?"

---

Aural shifted back into herself. For a professor, she looked like she had just stepped out of a greek painting. The woman had white, ivory pale skin and wavy jade hair. Her eyes were a piercing purple. Energy rippled off of her in waves. She was old, but she barely looked over thirty. She was model worthy, always looking like she could step into the silver screen at any moment.

Hard to believe she was a two story tall dragon only moments earlier.

She stepped into the gym and the chaos calmed quite a bit. "The rebels have begun a retreat. I'm happy to announce that no blue bloods were taken. A few were injured on the front lines but they all look like they will be making a recovery. We have a team of the highest ranking black bloods sweeping the school to rid of any rebel stragglers and then I will personally be placing a warding spell to barrier the school."

She cast a smile to Rune and Alex before turning back to the crowd of scared teens. "We will continue defending this room. I will send any other blue bloods I find here. You will be clear to return to your dorms in two hours." She said, before exiting back to the school.

@ragnaroc @paradoxmagic @sasutin @carrotflinger

Avarice continued down the hall towards the shaking hall. Whatever it was in their thrashed around some more. As she turned the corner, blue and red filled her vision. It wasad rag on, blocking the way. And not just any dragon.

Between her and the dragon was a rebel, smarting off cockily.

---

Benedict laughed as he slid under the huge Imp. The dragon was angered, probably by his own mistake.

"Rookie then, rookie now huh? Tsk tsk. I could have trained you. Now I'll have to kill you." The rebel said, extending his claws as he approached the imp from behind.

However, there was a loud WHAP and Ben crumpled to the floor.

"Dom?" Avarice asked, from behind the fallen rebel, shaking out her fist from one hell of a punch. "Was that Benedict?"

---

Aural shifted back into herself. For a professor, she looked like she had just stepped out of a greek painting. The woman had white, ivory pale skin and wavy jade hair. Her eyes were a piercing purple. Energy rippled off of her in waves. She was old, but she barely looked over thirty. She was model worthy, always looking like she could step into the silver screen at any moment.

Hard to believe she was a two story tall dragon only moments earlier.

She stepped into the gym and the chaos calmed quite a bit. "The rebels have begun a retreat. I'm happy to announce that no blue bloods were taken. A few were injured on the front lines but they all look like they will be making a recovery. We have a team of the highest ranking black bloods sweeping the school to rid of any rebel stragglers and then I will personally be placing a warding spell to barrier the school."

She cast a smile to Rune and Alex before turning back to the crowd of scared teens. "We will continue defending this room. I will send any other blue bloods I find here. You will be clear to return to your dorms in two hours." She said, before exiting back to the school.

@ragnaroc @paradoxmagic @sasutin @carrotflinger

guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
@giftofartemis

The rebel is still unharmed after Dominic's attempt to crush him, and now he's also behind Dom. The hallway seems to stretch on and on in front of Dom, his wings are scraping the walls even without really opening them, and Imperials just aren't made for running. Since crawling backwards doesn't sound like a valid choice either, taking the fight to a more open space apparently isn't an option. Dom can't turn around, so he has to take the risk and shift back - and hope that Benedict won't sink his claws in Dom's back the moment he loses his protective scales. Dom sweeps with his tail across the hallway to keep Benedict back a bit longer, and then returns to his human form --

And right when he does, he hears a sharp whack. When Dom whips around, Benedict is already on the ground and there's a redhead standing behind him shaking her hand. A grin appears on Dom's face immediately.
"Hey, Ava! Good timing. You may have just saved my butt," Dom notes as he jogs to Avarice.
"And yeah, that's Ben," he confirms and jabs Ben's side with his shoe. "How hard did you hit him? Is he done for good, or do we need to restrain him?"
Dominic also noticed the blue blood girl, right after he took in Ben's defeat and the girl responsible for it, but doesn't bother to pay any attention to her before he's sure that Benedict's really taken care of. Safety before manners, right?
@giftofartemis

The rebel is still unharmed after Dominic's attempt to crush him, and now he's also behind Dom. The hallway seems to stretch on and on in front of Dom, his wings are scraping the walls even without really opening them, and Imperials just aren't made for running. Since crawling backwards doesn't sound like a valid choice either, taking the fight to a more open space apparently isn't an option. Dom can't turn around, so he has to take the risk and shift back - and hope that Benedict won't sink his claws in Dom's back the moment he loses his protective scales. Dom sweeps with his tail across the hallway to keep Benedict back a bit longer, and then returns to his human form --

And right when he does, he hears a sharp whack. When Dom whips around, Benedict is already on the ground and there's a redhead standing behind him shaking her hand. A grin appears on Dom's face immediately.
"Hey, Ava! Good timing. You may have just saved my butt," Dom notes as he jogs to Avarice.
"And yeah, that's Ben," he confirms and jabs Ben's side with his shoe. "How hard did you hit him? Is he done for good, or do we need to restrain him?"
Dominic also noticed the blue blood girl, right after he took in Ben's defeat and the girl responsible for it, but doesn't bother to pay any attention to her before he's sure that Benedict's really taken care of. Safety before manners, right?
Avarice blushes a bit. "Nah, I'm sure you would have been fine even without my help. I doubt I killed him though." She answers. "Wasn't he the black blood that was taken? I thought he was done for." She looked at her fallen comrade a bit sadly. Benedict had potential.

But right now, as he was out cold, Avarice could see the horns, the tail. She knew what he had done. He had killed. Her face twisted to disgust at the thought. He had feasted on blue blood. "We should tie him up and take him to Professer Aural." She said.

@sasutin @ragnaroc @carrotflinger @paradoxmagic
Avarice blushes a bit. "Nah, I'm sure you would have been fine even without my help. I doubt I killed him though." She answers. "Wasn't he the black blood that was taken? I thought he was done for." She looked at her fallen comrade a bit sadly. Benedict had potential.

But right now, as he was out cold, Avarice could see the horns, the tail. She knew what he had done. He had killed. Her face twisted to disgust at the thought. He had feasted on blue blood. "We should tie him up and take him to Professer Aural." She said.

@sasutin @ragnaroc @carrotflinger @paradoxmagic
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
((I'm alive guys I have been waiting for a ping and it turns out I wasn't getting them from this thread for some reason. But I will post when I get home)
((I'm alive guys I have been waiting for a ping and it turns out I wasn't getting them from this thread for some reason. But I will post when I get home)
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
@giftofartemis
((Also whoops forgot to ping @carrotflinger at my last post. Not that Dom interacted with her then, but anyway. :'D))

Yyyeah, Dom had had everything under control. Totally. He just snorts and smiles a bit, but only for a second. Benedict seems to still be breathing, which means that he's still a problem - not right now, maybe, but after he wakes up? Definitely.
"Yup, same guy. I thought so too, but apparently not," Dom says.
"I'm not sure this is much better, though," he adds with clear distaste showing on his face. Well, Ben had seemed to enjoy it, but looking at him now just makes Dom feel sick.

"Yeah, I think she'd be interested to see him. I'll go get some rope or something. If he so much as moves, I warmly recommend you kick his teeth out or something."
Dominic is already moving as he talks. He has no doubts that Ava could handle Benedict just fine. As Dom rushes past the blue blood, Dom finally acknowledges her by a short nod. So, rope, or preferably something stronger...

After a moment Dom returns with a coil of steel chain on one hand and some rope on the other.
"The things you can find lying around in a school that trains black bloods," Dom grins and tosses the chain to Avarice. It's not thick enough to be too clumsy, but should be able to restrain Benedict even if he woke up. Dom uncoils the rope and crouches down to tie the rebel's legs together.
"I'm very tempted to just drag him behind us, since he did want to kill me, but I guess I should be more decent than him and carry him to Prof Aural," Dom muses while he's tying the knots.

((@ragnaroc Did you get this one? It sucks that the pings aren't working correctly. :< ))
@giftofartemis
((Also whoops forgot to ping @carrotflinger at my last post. Not that Dom interacted with her then, but anyway. :'D))

Yyyeah, Dom had had everything under control. Totally. He just snorts and smiles a bit, but only for a second. Benedict seems to still be breathing, which means that he's still a problem - not right now, maybe, but after he wakes up? Definitely.
"Yup, same guy. I thought so too, but apparently not," Dom says.
"I'm not sure this is much better, though," he adds with clear distaste showing on his face. Well, Ben had seemed to enjoy it, but looking at him now just makes Dom feel sick.

"Yeah, I think she'd be interested to see him. I'll go get some rope or something. If he so much as moves, I warmly recommend you kick his teeth out or something."
Dominic is already moving as he talks. He has no doubts that Ava could handle Benedict just fine. As Dom rushes past the blue blood, Dom finally acknowledges her by a short nod. So, rope, or preferably something stronger...

After a moment Dom returns with a coil of steel chain on one hand and some rope on the other.
"The things you can find lying around in a school that trains black bloods," Dom grins and tosses the chain to Avarice. It's not thick enough to be too clumsy, but should be able to restrain Benedict even if he woke up. Dom uncoils the rope and crouches down to tie the rebel's legs together.
"I'm very tempted to just drag him behind us, since he did want to kill me, but I guess I should be more decent than him and carry him to Prof Aural," Dom muses while he's tying the knots.

((@ragnaroc Did you get this one? It sucks that the pings aren't working correctly. :< ))
@GiftofArtemis @Sasutin

Eve trailed closely behind the black blood in the lead, stumbling to a halt as they turned a corner to be greeted with the sight of a roiling Imperial that seemed to be stuck. While it would have been funny under any other circumstances, right now it only caused the blue blood to worry. She couldn't tell student from rebel, and she could only hope that Avarice would know what to do. Eve watched the shifter return to human form, barely noticing the rebel leader get taken out with one hit. She had never seen a black blood shifting before, and found the process fascinating.

The blue blood stood there while the situation was wrapped up neatly, in a literal manner, but she did catch the nod sent her way. She gave a small smile and waved in return, regardless of whether or not the man noticed it. It always paid to be polite, after all. Not returning a greeting was rude, especially when she remembered the size of the dragon that had been squished up against the walls not long ago. Eve gave a little bit of thought to how big he would be with room to stretch out, but couldn't really get an accurate image of it. She hadn't seen him for very long, and anatomy wasn't her strongest suit.

She did have one question though. "Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt, but might I ask who this is?" She gestured to the tied up man. There were actually many more questions she wanted to ask, but the single one she chose seemed to be the most relevant at the moment. Hopefully she would get the chance to ask away to her hearts content at a later time.
@GiftofArtemis @Sasutin

Eve trailed closely behind the black blood in the lead, stumbling to a halt as they turned a corner to be greeted with the sight of a roiling Imperial that seemed to be stuck. While it would have been funny under any other circumstances, right now it only caused the blue blood to worry. She couldn't tell student from rebel, and she could only hope that Avarice would know what to do. Eve watched the shifter return to human form, barely noticing the rebel leader get taken out with one hit. She had never seen a black blood shifting before, and found the process fascinating.

The blue blood stood there while the situation was wrapped up neatly, in a literal manner, but she did catch the nod sent her way. She gave a small smile and waved in return, regardless of whether or not the man noticed it. It always paid to be polite, after all. Not returning a greeting was rude, especially when she remembered the size of the dragon that had been squished up against the walls not long ago. Eve gave a little bit of thought to how big he would be with room to stretch out, but couldn't really get an accurate image of it. She hadn't seen him for very long, and anatomy wasn't her strongest suit.

She did have one question though. "Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt, but might I ask who this is?" She gestured to the tied up man. There were actually many more questions she wanted to ask, but the single one she chose seemed to be the most relevant at the moment. Hopefully she would get the chance to ask away to her hearts content at a later time.
3 hours ahead of FR time
((Hey guys I won't be able to reply for a few days. Kind of going through a family emergency. Just found out my beloved cat (who is only 6 y/o) is dying and probably won't make it through the weekend. Sorry for my absence. Hopefully I will return soon!)
((Hey guys I won't be able to reply for a few days. Kind of going through a family emergency. Just found out my beloved cat (who is only 6 y/o) is dying and probably won't make it through the weekend. Sorry for my absence. Hopefully I will return soon!)
y0r4chX.gif
@GiftOfArtemis@CarrotFlinger @Sasutin( MAY have gotten that one and lost it. I got home to 27 ping one night and 15 the night before. Getting home for me is at 1 am)@CarrotFlinger (Okay sorry for the delay peeps. I was waiting for Gym NPCs to react then Easter, mental health and a few other of life's hiccups happened. I am back now though!)

A large mouse presses his apple sized body to Dominic's leg and scrabbles with tiny pauses. It seems intelligent maybe a familiar or pet. "Chip!"

---

By the time the professor arrive Ruen has already cleared a space and laid the seal. He keels in the center of a circle the size of a baseball diamond with intricate patterning all through it. Sweat beads his brow and drips from his hair as his eyes fight to focus on the woman and understand her words. One of his hands rest's on a small ginger's shoulder. Her arm is tattooed to the elbow in black marker. But she smiles jubilantly and adjusted round black glasses. She is the very picture of a cute librarian.

"Ye-yes Miss Aural." Rune staggers and sways drooping his hand from the girl and looking for his dark skinned muse and friend. "Alex?~" His voice tremors vision blurring, closing, black edges swallow all sight and the blenette plunges forward.
@GiftOfArtemis@CarrotFlinger @Sasutin( MAY have gotten that one and lost it. I got home to 27 ping one night and 15 the night before. Getting home for me is at 1 am)@CarrotFlinger (Okay sorry for the delay peeps. I was waiting for Gym NPCs to react then Easter, mental health and a few other of life's hiccups happened. I am back now though!)

A large mouse presses his apple sized body to Dominic's leg and scrabbles with tiny pauses. It seems intelligent maybe a familiar or pet. "Chip!"

---

By the time the professor arrive Ruen has already cleared a space and laid the seal. He keels in the center of a circle the size of a baseball diamond with intricate patterning all through it. Sweat beads his brow and drips from his hair as his eyes fight to focus on the woman and understand her words. One of his hands rest's on a small ginger's shoulder. Her arm is tattooed to the elbow in black marker. But she smiles jubilantly and adjusted round black glasses. She is the very picture of a cute librarian.

"Ye-yes Miss Aural." Rune staggers and sways drooping his hand from the girl and looking for his dark skinned muse and friend. "Alex?~" His voice tremors vision blurring, closing, black edges swallow all sight and the blenette plunges forward.
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7