Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Thanks for playing!
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 72 73
@Renessa47 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3182013] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31821/3182013_350.png[/img] [/url] Dmitri, a large, male snapper slowly works his way through the stalls, not unnoticed, however, for his small and loud flock of birds clinging to him. The only sound from the snapper himself being a deep, contemplative "Mm..." He stops in front of Singmolii's stand, intrigued, and watches quietly until he witnesses another dragon smash open one of Singmolii's rocks, revealing the glistening treasure inside. Dmitri's eyes pin themselves open. He never had the company of other snappers, and much of what should have been his own culture was lost on him. Smashing rocks and digging burrows was something he practiced, but could never quite be sure he perfected (he only had his clanmates to compare to, though impressed they were). Now was the time to see how he could stand against a REAL test of his skills. Not unimpressed by the large imperial's feat, Dmitri nodded toward one of the stones. Picking it up, he observed it carefully. And he bit.
@Renessa47

3182013_350.png

Dmitri, a large, male snapper slowly works his way through the stalls, not unnoticed, however, for his small and loud flock of birds clinging to him. The only sound from the snapper himself being a deep, contemplative "Mm..." He stops in front of Singmolii's stand, intrigued, and watches quietly until he witnesses another dragon smash open one of Singmolii's rocks, revealing the glistening treasure inside.

Dmitri's eyes pin themselves open. He never had the company of other snappers, and much of what should have been his own culture was lost on him. Smashing rocks and digging burrows was something he practiced, but could never quite be sure he perfected (he only had his clanmates to compare to, though impressed they were). Now was the time to see how he could stand against a REAL test of his skills.

Not unimpressed by the large imperial's feat, Dmitri nodded toward one of the stones. Picking it up, he observed it carefully.

And he bit.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7089952] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70900/7089952_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7089951] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70900/7089951_350.png[/img] [/url] Mori scanned through the crowd for her brother, Shibazakura. She had taken her eyes off of him for barely two seconds and he was gone again, off exploring or getting into trouble. Probably the latter. After all, he took after their mother. Sighing, she started retracing her steps when a flash of pink appeared out of the corner of her vision. She barely had time to register what she was seeing before being pounced on. She let out a startled yelp. "Shiba!" A mischievous chuckle came from her back. "Lighten up, sis. We're here to have fun!" She sighed. "Easier said than done when I have to worry about you getting into--hey!" She chased after him, as he was already running off again towards a tent. @Renessa47 The pink mirror male bounced excitedly to the tent's keeper. "Hey! This looks like fun!" He eyed the rocks and hammers with a glimmer in his eyes. "Shopkeep, can I give it a shot?" @SStickperson Mori saw her brother heading for a tent full of rocks and hammers and decided it would be best to wait at a safe distance. He could get a little too enthusiastic sometimes. While she waited, she eyed a stall run by a friendly snapper. Gemstone identification? That sounded like her kind of game! She chuckled to herself as she padded over to take a look. She could hear her brother's voice in her head: "Geez, sis, you're such a nerd." She looked over the mystery gemstones. A couple she knew right away. But there were a few others she wasn't so sure about. If only someone around here could offer a hint... Like what that element the yellow thing in the vial was primarily made of? What made it that color? And that green one. It looked like so many different things. She didn't know where to start narrowing down... @EclipseDragon The siblings reunited at the Bobbing for Gems booth. Mori chuckled and brushed fragments of rock off her brother's bandana. "Did you have fun?" He grinned. "You betcha! What about you? I saw you at the nerd booth." She resisted the urge to whack him as they stepped up to the dragon in charge. "We'd like to try, please," Mori said with a polite smile. She'd let her brother do this one. Her fur would get soaked in the bucket. And to be honest, she didn't trust Shibazakura not to shove her head into the water.

7089952_350.png

7089951_350.png

Mori scanned through the crowd for her brother, Shibazakura. She had taken her eyes off of him for barely two seconds and he was gone again, off exploring or getting into trouble. Probably the latter. After all, he took after their mother. Sighing, she started retracing her steps when a flash of pink appeared out of the corner of her vision. She barely had time to register what she was seeing before being pounced on.

She let out a startled yelp. "Shiba!"

A mischievous chuckle came from her back. "Lighten up, sis. We're here to have fun!"

She sighed. "Easier said than done when I have to worry about you getting into--hey!" She chased after him, as he was already running off again towards a tent.

@Renessa47

The pink mirror male bounced excitedly to the tent's keeper. "Hey! This looks like fun!" He eyed the rocks and hammers with a glimmer in his eyes. "Shopkeep, can I give it a shot?"

@SStickperson

Mori saw her brother heading for a tent full of rocks and hammers and decided it would be best to wait at a safe distance. He could get a little too enthusiastic sometimes. While she waited, she eyed a stall run by a friendly snapper. Gemstone identification? That sounded like her kind of game! She chuckled to herself as she padded over to take a look. She could hear her brother's voice in her head: "Geez, sis, you're such a nerd."

She looked over the mystery gemstones. A couple she knew right away. But there were a few others she wasn't so sure about. If only someone around here could offer a hint... Like what that element the yellow thing in the vial was primarily made of? What made it that color? And that green one. It looked like so many different things. She didn't know where to start narrowing down...

@EclipseDragon

The siblings reunited at the Bobbing for Gems booth. Mori chuckled and brushed fragments of rock off her brother's bandana. "Did you have fun?"

He grinned. "You betcha! What about you? I saw you at the nerd booth."

She resisted the urge to whack him as they stepped up to the dragon in charge.

"We'd like to try, please," Mori said with a polite smile. She'd let her brother do this one. Her fur would get soaked in the bucket. And to be honest, she didn't trust Shibazakura not to shove her head into the water.
x66.gif snekyfox.gif
((@Renessa47 Oh, I see, thanks!))

Luk lobbed his head and caught the stone. "Ish ell ee eesy," he spat. On his first crunch, nothing happened. On his second, saliva trickled into the fractures he had made on the stone's surface. He flexed his jaws once more, and the stone cleaved in two.
((@Renessa47 Oh, I see, thanks!))

Luk lobbed his head and caught the stone. "Ish ell ee eesy," he spat. On his first crunch, nothing happened. On his second, saliva trickled into the fractures he had made on the stone's surface. He flexed his jaws once more, and the stone cleaved in two.
@Renessa47 Lasseolin was huffing and puffing by the time she reached Singmolii, and she nearly collapsed onto the small boulder she'd been rolling along with her head and front legs. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7137353] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/71374/7137353_350.png[/img] [/url] "Master Singmolii," she said, her Coatl accent a background hum. "I was told that you were giving away rocks to break. It only seemed fair that I give one in return."
@Renessa47

Lasseolin was huffing and puffing by the time she reached Singmolii, and she nearly collapsed onto the small boulder she'd been rolling along with her head and front legs.

7137353_350.png

"Master Singmolii," she said, her Coatl accent a background hum. "I was told that you were giving away rocks to break. It only seemed fair that I give one in return."
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78418/7841775_350.png[/img] @Renessa47 "So this is what earth dragons call a game, eh? Hand me a rock, darling, the best things always hide in the dark." @Serendipital "Nice to see a serious booth, so professional too. I pick E5, try not to ruin the board getting there, dear." @EclipseDragon "Always nice to see little rigged games like this. No, don't even try to tell me it's not, I've got an eye for these kinds of things. I'll bite though, figuring out other people's angles is always fun."
7841775_350.png

@Renessa47 "So this is what earth dragons call a game, eh? Hand me a rock, darling, the best things always hide in the dark."

@Serendipital "Nice to see a serious booth, so professional too. I pick E5, try not to ruin the board getting there, dear."

@EclipseDragon "Always nice to see little rigged games like this. No, don't even try to tell me it's not, I've got an eye for these kinds of things. I'll bite though, figuring out other people's angles is always fun."
VGxuHXT.png
[center][quote name="Renessa47" date="2014-11-24 19:51:08"] Sing follows the Spiral's movements with his eyes but doesn't flinch. When he catches sight of Atropos he smiles faintly and nods understandingly, pushing the necessary materials into a clear space near her. [/quote] @Renessa47 [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/3633/363263.png[/img] Lacking the dexterity to swing the hammer as a Wildclaw or Pearlcatcher might, Atropos considers for a moment as the Spiral zooms overhead. The tool rests handle-up on the ground. With no comment but a single cough, the big Guardian puts her forepaws together on either side of it and lifts; the hammer rises with the blunt iron head cupped in her claws. Rearing up on her haunches, she takes aim at the rock below. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/7245/724413.png[/img] "Go on! Smash it!" Veruca cheers. "Smash it, smash it!" It's the shortest speech she's made all day. Atropos brings her weight down on her forelegs as if she were breaking through ice. The hammer cradled in her claws hits the rock with a resounding crack. A poof of dust explodes in the clearing, and Atropos suppresses another cough from somewhere deep in her chest. "There. Smashed it." It's the [i]longest[/i] speech [i]she's[/i] made all day.
Renessa47 wrote on 2014-11-24 19:51:08:
Sing follows the Spiral's movements with his eyes but doesn't flinch. When he catches sight of Atropos he smiles faintly and nods understandingly, pushing the necessary materials into a clear space near her.
@Renessa47

363263.png
Lacking the dexterity to swing the hammer as a Wildclaw or Pearlcatcher might, Atropos considers for a moment as the Spiral zooms overhead. The tool rests handle-up on the ground. With no comment but a single cough, the big Guardian puts her forepaws together on either side of it and lifts; the hammer rises with the blunt iron head cupped in her claws. Rearing up on her haunches, she takes aim at the rock below.

724413.png
"Go on! Smash it!" Veruca cheers. "Smash it, smash it!" It's the shortest speech she's made all day.

Atropos brings her weight down on her forelegs as if she were breaking through ice. The hammer cradled in her claws hits the rock with a resounding crack. A poof of dust explodes in the clearing, and Atropos suppresses another cough from somewhere deep in her chest.

"There. Smashed it." It's the longest speech she's made all day.
@Misafox

Amalia eventually stirred from her nap, yawning as she stretched in her sunbath. Shaking herself off, she sat up and yawned again, looking around. Oh! Right! The festival! The sunlight was just so warm on the Shattered Plains. She cocked her head at the tundra at the rock booth. Was there another dragoness stuck?

A few minutes later found her perching on the edge of the rickety stand. "You know, those crystals? They're made of two words--and the first word is a transition metal on the periodic table of elements. Did you know that? They're really pretty crystals."
@Misafox

Amalia eventually stirred from her nap, yawning as she stretched in her sunbath. Shaking herself off, she sat up and yawned again, looking around. Oh! Right! The festival! The sunlight was just so warm on the Shattered Plains. She cocked her head at the tundra at the rock booth. Was there another dragoness stuck?

A few minutes later found her perching on the edge of the rickety stand. "You know, those crystals? They're made of two words--and the first word is a transition metal on the periodic table of elements. Did you know that? They're really pretty crystals."
Voltron-Banner.png
@Renessa47- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7297847] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/72979/7297847_350.png[/img] [/url] A large guardian comes rambling up to the stall with a small fae flitting about his head and whispering in his ear. He looks at Sing with a slightly goofy expression and looks to the fae for confirmation. "I'd like to try a stone, thanks." He steps back with a sideways look and waits for his rock. @Serendipital [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6949518] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69496/6949518_350.png[/img] [/url] A small fae flits from above to the stall, eyes glinting. He looks carefully at all the spots before settling on A7. He hands over his treasure before taking well measured digs, softly and carefully as not to break anything. @EclipseDragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6949518] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69496/6949518_350.png[/img] [/url] A fae approaches with dirt on his paws from digging. He dives right in, head first for treasure. He hopes his little mouth can take hold of something nice.
@Renessa47-

7297847_350.png

A large guardian comes rambling up to the stall with a small fae flitting about his head and whispering in his ear. He looks at Sing with a slightly goofy expression and looks to the fae for confirmation.

"I'd like to try a stone, thanks." He steps back with a sideways look and waits for his rock.

@Serendipital

6949518_350.png

A small fae flits from above to the stall, eyes glinting. He looks carefully at all the spots before settling on A7. He hands over his treasure before taking well measured digs, softly and carefully as not to break anything.

@EclipseDragon

6949518_350.png

A fae approaches with dirt on his paws from digging. He dives right in, head first for treasure. He hopes his little mouth can take hold of something nice.
Hc7eOxw.gif
@SStickperson

Mori blinked, startled out of her reverie. "I'm sorry, are you talking to me?" She looked at Amalia curiously. "A transition metal, you say? Hmm..... Thank you!" She perks up. With that hint, she was sure she could get it with a little quiet time to herself under a tree or something.
@SStickperson

Mori blinked, startled out of her reverie. "I'm sorry, are you talking to me?" She looked at Amalia curiously. "A transition metal, you say? Hmm..... Thank you!" She perks up. With that hint, she was sure she could get it with a little quiet time to herself under a tree or something.
x66.gif snekyfox.gif
@Renessa47 [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/73113/7311207.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/70452/7045198.png[/img] Dairo clutched the stone carefully in his forepaws as the huge Imperial handed it over. He began to bob his head shyly at being called 'brother' by such a beautiful dragon, but made himself hold his gaze steady, and merely nodded. "Thank you," he said, politely, and went to settle on his back in the dust, out of the way of the many dragon feet making their way past. That part was harder than it looked! "Okay, Honour. Just for you." Taking the rock securely in his paws, he held it over the familiar begemmed spot that lay beneath his snowy-white feathers; his skin was lumpy all over with the faceted growths, beyond those that were easily spotted on him at a glance. He still had yet to meet anyone else with his...features, and so he felt rather self-concious about them. They did come in handy, though, at dinnertime. And Honour didn't seem to mind them. With a swift movement of his forearms, he brought the stone down, hard, on the rock-hard flat plane on his belly. It made a sharp ringing sound, but...nothing. "Hmm." He tried again. And again. -Still- nothing. [b] "Offer Of Assistance. here darling. let me help."[/b] Dairo looked up, and startled as he saw his tiny mate holding one of the very large, very -heavy- looking hammers in all four of her paws, her wings flapping furiously to try to keep her airborne. "Honour, I don't think--" [b]"Assertion. this will be easy."[/b] Honour tried to heft the hammer, but whether it really was supposed to be easy or not, it became quickly apparent that it was not going to work in the manner she -wanted- it to work. She tilted, overcompensated, the head of the hammer swung the other way, she fluttered some more and stuck her tail out like a rudder...and slowly at first, but with increasing speed, both hammer and fae began to spiral in the air, like a wind ornament caught in a warm air current. [b]"Statement. this is not going according to plan. Exclamation. oh my..."[/b] "Honour, just let -go- of it!" Dairo yelped. She did, and the hammer flew several feet away with a rather alarming clatter into...something. [b]"Rumination. i hope that was nothing valuable."[/b] "Um..." Dairo smashed his rock hurriedly against his belly, until there was a much less catastrophic-sounding crack, and the rock-ball crumbled away to reveal its contents. "Here's hoping it will at least cover the cost of whatever we broke," he murmured, awkwardly trying to roll to his feet for a fast getaway.
@Renessa47

7311207.png 7045198.png

Dairo clutched the stone carefully in his forepaws as the huge Imperial handed it over. He began to bob his head shyly at being called 'brother' by such a beautiful dragon, but made himself hold his gaze steady, and merely nodded. "Thank you," he said, politely, and went to settle on his back in the dust, out of the way of the many dragon feet making their way past. That part was harder than it looked!

"Okay, Honour. Just for you." Taking the rock securely in his paws, he held it over the familiar begemmed spot that lay beneath his snowy-white feathers; his skin was lumpy all over with the faceted growths, beyond those that were easily spotted on him at a glance. He still had yet to meet anyone else with his...features, and so he felt rather self-concious about them. They did come in handy, though, at dinnertime. And Honour didn't seem to mind them.

With a swift movement of his forearms, he brought the stone down, hard, on the rock-hard flat plane on his belly.

It made a sharp ringing sound, but...nothing.

"Hmm." He tried again. And again. -Still- nothing.

"Offer Of Assistance. here darling. let me help."
Dairo looked up, and startled as he saw his tiny mate holding one of the very large, very -heavy- looking hammers in all four of her paws, her wings flapping furiously to try to keep her airborne.

"Honour, I don't think--"

"Assertion. this will be easy." Honour tried to heft the hammer, but whether it really was supposed to be easy or not, it became quickly apparent that it was not going to work in the manner she -wanted- it to work. She tilted, overcompensated, the head of the hammer swung the other way, she fluttered some more and stuck her tail out like a rudder...and slowly at first, but with increasing speed, both hammer and fae began to spiral in the air, like a wind ornament caught in a warm air current.

"Statement. this is not going according to plan. Exclamation. oh my..."

"Honour, just let -go- of it!" Dairo yelped.

She did, and the hammer flew several feet away with a rather alarming clatter into...something.

"Rumination. i hope that was nothing valuable."

"Um..." Dairo smashed his rock hurriedly against his belly, until there was a much less catastrophic-sounding crack, and the rock-ball crumbled away to reveal its contents. "Here's hoping it will at least cover the cost of whatever we broke," he murmured, awkwardly trying to roll to his feet for a fast getaway.
B1Vtq5s.gifRz7ZJcJ.png tumblr_inline_otq29dktir1qzyloc_500.gif Uxts8PW.gif gFwGJ3H.gif
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 72 73