Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wheatley's Garden Reboot (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
((the last time I attempted this RP, several players stopped responding, therefore making it less fun for the others involved. I'm going to try this again!)) The last thing you remember is gathering food, scavenging, playing with hatchlings, or possibly socializing with your clanmates, but none of that is relevant now. You don't remember falling asleep, yet you're waking up, and you're not home. You blink, your head slightly fuzzy. [i]Where am I?[/i] You stand up on shaky legs and look around. You're in a cave, and you aren't alone. The walls are covered in glowing runes, that seem to pulse with every color of the rainbow. There are other dragons strewn about the cave, as you were. Some stirring, some still asleep. This place looks vaguely familiar, yet you know you've never been here before... it sits in a corner of your mind that you can't quite reach, yet still know it's there. A dream, perhaps? [i] Wait...[/i] You think back to the harmless stories that your mother or caretaker told you when you were just a hatchling. Suddenly, a shiver runs down your spine as you realize where you are. [i]No... anywhere but here! [/i] "WELCOME!" A ridiculously loud voice echoed through the cave, waking up other sleeping dragons or startling the ones that were already awake. You look in the direction of the voice, and your stomach drops even further. [i]It's him! He's [u]real[/u]![/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4860705] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/48608/4860705_350.png[/img] [/url] A massive guardian dragon walks forward, with a ridiculously cheerful grin on his lips, and a ridiculously blue beard on his chin. "Hello, pawns." He chimed. "Welcome to Wheatley's Garden. I'm Wheatley." Okay! The basic idea of this roleplay is that, like in the fairy tale of Wheatley's Garden, your dragon has been randomly selected out of thin air to participate in his horrible game. As the story goes, Wheatley was a dragon once mad for power, and he loved playing games. He took over his own clan and pit his own clanmates against each other. It took several dragons to finally banish him into an alternate plane of existence. Unfortunately, Wheatley figured out how to manipulate the magic himself, made himself ageless, nearly invincible, and could host his horrible games without being disturbed by the magical dragons. (If you want to know more, just look at Wheatley's bio. This is not required). Every few decades he pulls a number of dragons at random out to play his game until there is only one survivor left. (Think Hunger Games) The story changes from clan to clan, so nobody is for certain what happens in these games. However, there is one bit of the story that is consistent throughout all of the clans in all of the flights: One group of dragons managed to escape Wheatley's Garden. There is a portal between the worlds, and Wheatley guards it. He is a[i] guard[/i]ian after all. (If you read all of that, you're amazing). [u][b]Basic guidelines:[/b][/u] >No powerplaying/godmodding! Please ask before you kill someone else's character. If you aren't sure what powerplaying/godmodding is, please look it up on the Brief Guide to Roleplay Etiquette found at the top of the RP forums. >No restrictions on dragon breed/gender/flight, however, it must be a dragon from your clan. >[b]Beginners welcome!![/b] (For real though don't be shy) >[b]Be respectful of the other players[/b] >Be good sports >Out-of-character communication should be in brackets [like this] ((or this)) and also in the OOC thread located [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=rp&id=1193131]here[/url] >There will probably be blood and gore and intense situations. >Romance is allowed, but no sexual situations (I've seen it turn sour really quickly before) >You should post AT LEAST once every two days. If you have school/work/other, let us know in the OOC thread and we'll make arrangements! >You can play multiple dragons, but please, no more than 2! [u][b]How to join:[/b][/u] Post a picture of your dragon and a brief, basic description of strengths, flaws, and background. That's it! I will probably not be progressing with this RP until there are between 6 and 10 ACTIVE players signed up.
((the last time I attempted this RP, several players stopped responding, therefore making it less fun for the others involved. I'm going to try this again!))

The last thing you remember is gathering food, scavenging, playing with hatchlings, or possibly socializing with your clanmates, but none of that is relevant now.
You don't remember falling asleep, yet you're waking up, and you're not home. You blink, your head slightly fuzzy. Where am I? You stand up on shaky legs and look around.
You're in a cave, and you aren't alone.
The walls are covered in glowing runes, that seem to pulse with every color of the rainbow. There are other dragons strewn about the cave, as you were. Some stirring, some still asleep. This place looks vaguely familiar, yet you know you've never been here before... it sits in a corner of your mind that you can't quite reach, yet still know it's there. A dream, perhaps? Wait... You think back to the harmless stories that your mother or caretaker told you when you were just a hatchling. Suddenly, a shiver runs down your spine as you realize where you are. No... anywhere but here!

"WELCOME!" A ridiculously loud voice echoed through the cave, waking up other sleeping dragons or startling the ones that were already awake. You look in the direction of the voice, and your stomach drops even further. It's him! He's real!

4860705_350.png

A massive guardian dragon walks forward, with a ridiculously cheerful grin on his lips, and a ridiculously blue beard on his chin. "Hello, pawns." He chimed. "Welcome to Wheatley's Garden. I'm Wheatley."

Okay! The basic idea of this roleplay is that, like in the fairy tale of Wheatley's Garden, your dragon has been randomly selected out of thin air to participate in his horrible game. As the story goes, Wheatley was a dragon once mad for power, and he loved playing games. He took over his own clan and pit his own clanmates against each other. It took several dragons to finally banish him into an alternate plane of existence. Unfortunately, Wheatley figured out how to manipulate the magic himself, made himself ageless, nearly invincible, and could host his horrible games without being disturbed by the magical dragons. (If you want to know more, just look at Wheatley's bio. This is not required). Every few decades he pulls a number of dragons at random out to play his game until there is only one survivor left. (Think Hunger Games)
The story changes from clan to clan, so nobody is for certain what happens in these games.
However, there is one bit of the story that is consistent throughout all of the clans in all of the flights: One group of dragons managed to escape Wheatley's Garden. There is a portal between the worlds, and Wheatley guards it. He is a guardian after all. (If you read all of that, you're amazing).

Basic guidelines:

>No powerplaying/godmodding! Please ask before you kill someone else's character. If you aren't sure what powerplaying/godmodding is, please look it up on the Brief Guide to Roleplay Etiquette found at the top of the RP forums.
>No restrictions on dragon breed/gender/flight, however, it must be a dragon from your clan.
>Beginners welcome!! (For real though don't be shy)
>Be respectful of the other players
>Be good sports
>Out-of-character communication should be in brackets [like this] ((or this)) and also in the OOC thread located here
>There will probably be blood and gore and intense situations.
>Romance is allowed, but no sexual situations (I've seen it turn sour really quickly before)
>You should post AT LEAST once every two days. If you have school/work/other, let us know in the OOC thread and we'll make arrangements!
>You can play multiple dragons, but please, no more than 2!

How to join:
Post a picture of your dragon and a brief, basic description of strengths, flaws, and background.

That's it!

I will probably not be progressing with this RP until there are between 6 and 10 ACTIVE players signed up.
@Chrysocolla Dont mind if i join :)? If so here's my character [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31624/3162312_350.png[/img]
@Chrysocolla
Dont mind if i join :)?
If so here's my character

3162312_350.png
adff4349de2de8388b959f3125f732aff46dafa0.gif
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/35804/3580327_350.png[/img] Hai again! I'm active, as you have seen in the last RP. @chrysocolla
3580327_350.png
Hai again!
I'm active, as you have seen in the last RP.
@chrysocolla
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
@Lipizzara @ChibiKittens welcome back!
@Lipizzara @ChibiKittens welcome back!
Can the familiars of our dragons be in the RP as well, or no? @chrysocolla
Can the familiars of our dragons be in the RP as well, or no? @chrysocolla
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
[@Chrysocolla I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED. (Nice Wheatley dragon, by the way. I never thought I'd see a male Guard that lovely!) *Picks through lair to find interesting sacrifices "players"*

I'm a rather "active" poster in slower-paced RPs like forum RPs (it comes from being a regular of Homestuck-style IMing RPs, I suppose), so if we do end up with fewer than 10 tributes dragons when we start, I'll probably ask to play two dragons (if deciding such a thing later is okay, rather than right now?)]
[@Chrysocolla I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED. (Nice Wheatley dragon, by the way. I never thought I'd see a male Guard that lovely!) *Picks through lair to find interesting sacrifices "players"*

I'm a rather "active" poster in slower-paced RPs like forum RPs (it comes from being a regular of Homestuck-style IMing RPs, I suppose), so if we do end up with fewer than 10 tributes dragons when we start, I'll probably ask to play two dragons (if deciding such a thing later is okay, rather than right now?)]
@Chibikittens, no unfortunately. There's no reason why Wheatley would want to take a familiar to his realm. (however, if you happen to befriend a familiar while you're there, I won't object ;) )

@Sarquael (Thanks for the compliment! When he hatched I was starstruck) You may absolutely play 2 dragons. In fact, anyone that joins is allowed to play up to 2 dragons to beef up the numbers.
@Chibikittens, no unfortunately. There's no reason why Wheatley would want to take a familiar to his realm. (however, if you happen to befriend a familiar while you're there, I won't object ;) )

@Sarquael (Thanks for the compliment! When he hatched I was starstruck) You may absolutely play 2 dragons. In fact, anyone that joins is allowed to play up to 2 dragons to beef up the numbers.
[center][color=purple][size=2]@Chrysocolla Oh, this looks interesting!! And I agree, your Wheatley dragon is gorgeous ^-^ Um, I try to be very active in RPs, posting at least once a day if not more. I always make sure to tell someone in the RP if I'm gonna be away or busy. I'll post my character now. I hope she'll suffice =3[/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1195224] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/11953/1195224_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Onyx [b]Description:[/b] Onyx is a mysterious character. She's quite vicious and sneaky, and always gets her way. She's elegant yet manipulative, and can be very intimidating and dangerous. [b]Strengths:[/b] She's quick and flexible; she can easily slip into the smallest of places. She knows her bodies strength, and is used to fighting with her wicked sharp talons. [b]Weaknesses:[/b] She's arrogant and overconfident, therefore making her a rather sloppy fighter. She also has an irrational fear of dirt; blood is an exception to this. [b]Background:[/b] Onyx left her family as soon as she could, and strayed into the Tangled Woods, where her lonely and vulnerable nature was twisted into lies and deceit by the shadows. She wandered aimlessly, aggressive and wary towards others she comes across.[/size][/color]
@Chrysocolla
Oh, this looks interesting!! And I agree, your Wheatley dragon is gorgeous ^-^
Um, I try to be very active in RPs, posting at least once a day if not more. I always make sure to tell someone in the RP if I'm gonna be away or busy.
I'll post my character now. I hope she'll suffice =3

1195224_350.png

Name: Onyx
Description: Onyx is a mysterious character. She's quite vicious and sneaky, and always gets her way. She's elegant yet manipulative, and can be very intimidating and dangerous.
Strengths: She's quick and flexible; she can easily slip into the smallest of places. She knows her bodies strength, and is used to fighting with her wicked sharp talons.
Weaknesses: She's arrogant and overconfident, therefore making her a rather sloppy fighter. She also has an irrational fear of dirt; blood is an exception to this.
Background: Onyx left her family as soon as she could, and strayed into the Tangled Woods, where her lonely and vulnerable nature was twisted into lies and deceit by the shadows. She wandered aimlessly, aggressive and wary towards others she comes across.
posting this so i can find this again~
posting this so i can find this again~
adff4349de2de8388b959f3125f732aff46dafa0.gif
@Chrysocolla - I would love to join with two dragons! I can come on nearly all of the time, so I should be able to participate! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2991423] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29915/2991423_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Kentri [b]Description:[/b] Noble and proud, Kentri is a prime example of a Guardian's benevolence and good nature. Unafraid to voice his thoughts and that of his companions, he was known as 'the speaker' of his clan. He isn't without flaws however; sometimes he can become overbearing and passionate to the point of being obnoxious. [b]Strengths:[/b] With an exceptionally tough hide and armour to boot, he has incredible endurance and defence capabilities meaning he can last hours in a fight. His agility is also incredible for a dragon laden down with armour. [b]Weaknesses:[/b] His magical endurance isn't quite up to scratch as his physical defence, meaning he has a bit of trouble when confronted with a powerful magic user. His desire to play hero also means he can be lured into traps and ambushed. [b]Background:[/b] He found a mate in the Sea of a Thousand Currents and founded a clan alongside her, and devoted his days to protecting his newfound charge. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5026154] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/50262/5026154_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Lurayn [b]Description:[/b] The strong and silent type, he often spends his time meditating or observing the others around him. When he speaks, he says few words and gets straight to the point. He can be blunt to the point of insensitivity. [b]Strengths:[/b] Resourceful and pragmatic, Lurayn is notorious for his 'nothing-is-below-me' attitude during combat and everyday life. His magical abilities have earned him the title of 'the warlock' among his clan members and his spell-strengthened armour gives him a fair amount of resistance to magical attacks. [b]Weaknesses:[/b] Physically speaking, he's much more frail and tends to stay out of close range in combat. When he's struck down or depowered, he's much more weaker but still able to put up a good fight against inexperienced dragons. Pit him against a battle-hardened veteran, however, and he's as good as dead. He also despises water and will stay as far away as possible. [b]Background:[/b] Born in an Arcane nest, he was raised by battle mages before making his way around the lands upon reaching adulthood. His power was witnessed by Kentri himself, who later extended an invitation for Lurayn to join his clan, which he accepted on the spot.
@Chrysocolla - I would love to join with two dragons! I can come on nearly all of the time, so I should be able to participate!

2991423_350.png

Name: Kentri
Description: Noble and proud, Kentri is a prime example of a Guardian's benevolence and good nature. Unafraid to voice his thoughts and that of his companions, he was known as 'the speaker' of his clan. He isn't without flaws however; sometimes he can become overbearing and passionate to the point of being obnoxious.
Strengths: With an exceptionally tough hide and armour to boot, he has incredible endurance and defence capabilities meaning he can last hours in a fight. His agility is also incredible for a dragon laden down with armour.
Weaknesses: His magical endurance isn't quite up to scratch as his physical defence, meaning he has a bit of trouble when confronted with a powerful magic user. His desire to play hero also means he can be lured into traps and ambushed.
Background: He found a mate in the Sea of a Thousand Currents and founded a clan alongside her, and devoted his days to protecting his newfound charge.

5026154_350.png

Name: Lurayn
Description: The strong and silent type, he often spends his time meditating or observing the others around him. When he speaks, he says few words and gets straight to the point. He can be blunt to the point of insensitivity.
Strengths: Resourceful and pragmatic, Lurayn is notorious for his 'nothing-is-below-me' attitude during combat and everyday life. His magical abilities have earned him the title of 'the warlock' among his clan members and his spell-strengthened armour gives him a fair amount of resistance to magical attacks.
Weaknesses: Physically speaking, he's much more frail and tends to stay out of close range in combat. When he's struck down or depowered, he's much more weaker but still able to put up a good fight against inexperienced dragons. Pit him against a battle-hardened veteran, however, and he's as good as dead. He also despises water and will stay as far away as possible.
Background: Born in an Arcane nest, he was raised by battle mages before making his way around the lands upon reaching adulthood. His power was witnessed by Kentri himself, who later extended an invitation for Lurayn to join his clan, which he accepted on the spot.
+19 FR time | She/Her| Nest Network
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13