Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wheatley's Garden Reboot (CLOSED)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@Chibikittens @Risper @Lipizzara @IgnisFlamel @Chrysocolla ((It's okay!)) @Sarquael @keet

Walking stealthily through the undergrowth, Kentri suddenly held up a wing. Lurayn paused, eyes narrowing as his tongue flicked out. "Umbra Wolves and something that doesn't resemble water," he softly whispered. Kentri nodded, cautiously making his way onto the bank.

The liquid was not water, that was clear enough. It was thick and glistened, making sloshing noises instead of the rush of water. The three wolves seemed to take no notice of them, simply going about their business.

"I have a bad feeling," Lurayn softly said, glancing at Kentri. "Should we go back?"

"Perhaps," was the answer. "I do not know if this is meant to be a trap or a test. But I am not willing to risk the chance of being ambushed." With that, the two quickly turned around and crept off into the bushes, away from the strange liquid and the wolves.
@Chibikittens @Risper @Lipizzara @IgnisFlamel @Chrysocolla ((It's okay!)) @Sarquael @keet

Walking stealthily through the undergrowth, Kentri suddenly held up a wing. Lurayn paused, eyes narrowing as his tongue flicked out. "Umbra Wolves and something that doesn't resemble water," he softly whispered. Kentri nodded, cautiously making his way onto the bank.

The liquid was not water, that was clear enough. It was thick and glistened, making sloshing noises instead of the rush of water. The three wolves seemed to take no notice of them, simply going about their business.

"I have a bad feeling," Lurayn softly said, glancing at Kentri. "Should we go back?"

"Perhaps," was the answer. "I do not know if this is meant to be a trap or a test. But I am not willing to risk the chance of being ambushed." With that, the two quickly turned around and crept off into the bushes, away from the strange liquid and the wolves.
+19 FR time | She/Her| Nest Network
@Chibikittens @Deeproar @Lipizzara @IgnisFlamel @Sarquael @keet

((@Chrysocolla I think you forgot Chibi too =3))

Onyx snickers silently from her sparse tree as the dragons disappear from the clearing.
She slithers down the trunk into the grass, staying low to the ground.
So, what shall I do? Hmm... Well, if I follow one of them, I could take them out. That would be one down...
Onyx frowns as she thinks this. She doesn't want to randomly kill these strangers, but she does want to get out of here alive...
Onyx begins to slink away towards the path a Coatl and Pearlcatcher went. She's almost across the clearing, when a glint catches her eye. She darts behind another tree, and peers out cautiously. Her eyes roam the empty clearing worriedly, fear and adrenaline pumping through her veins. She sees the glint again, and her gaze narrows in on a pair of glasses burrowed in the grass.
Onyx's claws dig into the bark. Her head begins to swivel around wildly, looking all around the surrounding forest, terrified.
When she lived in the Tangled Woods, she lived alone, but never in fear of other dragons. She was the predator, and they were her prey. Now, the roles were switched. Maybe I should of stuck with someone... She ponders, staring intently at the glasses.
Who's were they!? I... I don't remember anyone wearing glasses...
@Chibikittens @Deeproar @Lipizzara @IgnisFlamel @Sarquael @keet

((@Chrysocolla I think you forgot Chibi too =3))

Onyx snickers silently from her sparse tree as the dragons disappear from the clearing.
She slithers down the trunk into the grass, staying low to the ground.
So, what shall I do? Hmm... Well, if I follow one of them, I could take them out. That would be one down...
Onyx frowns as she thinks this. She doesn't want to randomly kill these strangers, but she does want to get out of here alive...
Onyx begins to slink away towards the path a Coatl and Pearlcatcher went. She's almost across the clearing, when a glint catches her eye. She darts behind another tree, and peers out cautiously. Her eyes roam the empty clearing worriedly, fear and adrenaline pumping through her veins. She sees the glint again, and her gaze narrows in on a pair of glasses burrowed in the grass.
Onyx's claws dig into the bark. Her head begins to swivel around wildly, looking all around the surrounding forest, terrified.
When she lived in the Tangled Woods, she lived alone, but never in fear of other dragons. She was the predator, and they were her prey. Now, the roles were switched. Maybe I should of stuck with someone... She ponders, staring intently at the glasses.
Who's were they!? I... I don't remember anyone wearing glasses...
((I did! aah! It was like 10 or 11 last night when I posted. I must have been more tired than I thought)) @Chibikittens
Kira is going to find herself at an intersection between what appears to be a path and a gross river of strange, thick, pink liquid. With trees wide far enough apart for a large breed of dragon to pass through, and the ground has been trampled bare. This path is obviously used often.
The liquid provides much light to the area, though it sloshes rather than flows. There is an unnatural bridge made from concrete and metal-- items that are unlikely to be found in this forest, however, the bridge does not have a "finished" look, as poles jut out here and there and the concrete is uneven, though it does seem sturdy. On the other side of the bridge, the trail continues.
((I did! aah! It was like 10 or 11 last night when I posted. I must have been more tired than I thought)) @Chibikittens
Kira is going to find herself at an intersection between what appears to be a path and a gross river of strange, thick, pink liquid. With trees wide far enough apart for a large breed of dragon to pass through, and the ground has been trampled bare. This path is obviously used often.
The liquid provides much light to the area, though it sloshes rather than flows. There is an unnatural bridge made from concrete and metal-- items that are unlikely to be found in this forest, however, the bridge does not have a "finished" look, as poles jut out here and there and the concrete is uneven, though it does seem sturdy. On the other side of the bridge, the trail continues.
Kira stood poised a few paces away from the unnatural river, staring at it's vivid pink coloration. She had remained this way for over 10 minutes. At first, she had adopted a startled and frightened expression, though over a while it calmed into no more than vague confusion.
She had found a worn out pathway around a half-hour ago. The earth underfoot had long since been flattened, beaten down by who knows how many dragons. It even seemed plausible that Imperials could have been among those many who traveled this path, judging solely on how spaced out it was. Following this path was how she had ended up beside such a horrid river.
I'm being played for, that's what's happening. Her theory was that Wheately was behind all this, this path and this river, along with an unfinished bridge that linked the pathway back together on the opposite bank. He had, after all, seemed to be the one who brought them here.
Where had he gone then?
Probably watching our every step... Paranioa swept through her, along with hatred. Hatred more for her lack of knowledge of how to proceed rather than at the Guardian. The Spiral could connect his want of perfect dragons with her want of treasure, but only to an extent. Her paranioa was also for similar reasons, her lack of knowledge and Wheately possibly watching them.
Kira's tail twitched, the first movement she had made in quite a while. Slowly and gradually, her posture relaxed and she padded cautiously over to the bridge, the ominous pink from the waters surface reflection off the cold metal pipes and sheets that made up the bridge. Her red eyes glowed slightly in this light, and she watched herself as she placed a paw on the rough, scratchy concrete. She continued this way over the bridge, watching her paws as she carefully made her way over. The water roared below her, and a sudden splash and sputter of the odd pink liquid sent her dashing madly for the other side. Her feet hit the path once more, yet she did not stop until the fearful sight was way behind her. Glistening over her right wing and feet were drop-lets of the water, and hissing she shook it off quickly.
.....D***! Freaking terrifying...! D*** you Wheately...

((YAY WEEKEND!!!))
@Deeproar @Lipizzara @IgnisFlamel @Sarquael @keet @chrysocolla @risper
Kira stood poised a few paces away from the unnatural river, staring at it's vivid pink coloration. She had remained this way for over 10 minutes. At first, she had adopted a startled and frightened expression, though over a while it calmed into no more than vague confusion.
She had found a worn out pathway around a half-hour ago. The earth underfoot had long since been flattened, beaten down by who knows how many dragons. It even seemed plausible that Imperials could have been among those many who traveled this path, judging solely on how spaced out it was. Following this path was how she had ended up beside such a horrid river.
I'm being played for, that's what's happening. Her theory was that Wheately was behind all this, this path and this river, along with an unfinished bridge that linked the pathway back together on the opposite bank. He had, after all, seemed to be the one who brought them here.
Where had he gone then?
Probably watching our every step... Paranioa swept through her, along with hatred. Hatred more for her lack of knowledge of how to proceed rather than at the Guardian. The Spiral could connect his want of perfect dragons with her want of treasure, but only to an extent. Her paranioa was also for similar reasons, her lack of knowledge and Wheately possibly watching them.
Kira's tail twitched, the first movement she had made in quite a while. Slowly and gradually, her posture relaxed and she padded cautiously over to the bridge, the ominous pink from the waters surface reflection off the cold metal pipes and sheets that made up the bridge. Her red eyes glowed slightly in this light, and she watched herself as she placed a paw on the rough, scratchy concrete. She continued this way over the bridge, watching her paws as she carefully made her way over. The water roared below her, and a sudden splash and sputter of the odd pink liquid sent her dashing madly for the other side. Her feet hit the path once more, yet she did not stop until the fearful sight was way behind her. Glistening over her right wing and feet were drop-lets of the water, and hissing she shook it off quickly.
.....D***! Freaking terrifying...! D*** you Wheately...

((YAY WEEKEND!!!))
@Deeproar @Lipizzara @IgnisFlamel @Sarquael @keet @chrysocolla @risper
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
@Chrysocolla @Chibikittens @deeproar @IgnisFlamel @keet @Lipizzara @Risper

The crackling of Skyrix's fire, as well as the scent of its smoke, helped Shou track down the Coatl. He was a bit wary of just approaching out of the blue, however...

"Hey," he hissed from the cover of the forest's trees. "Are you a friendly snake?"

--~--

Ieyasu wasn't sure exactly where the Guardian had gone, as she had had a good head start over him. Still, the gradual thickening of the trees had made it slightly easier to guess her path; there were logically only a few directions she could have gone in once some of the paths started getting too small to accommodate dragons of her size. Though he could have forged on a bit further due to the smaller size afforded by his youth, he stayed focused on finding DarkStorm. At this point, however, he was unsure of either her whereabouts or of his own. He just knew she couldn't be where she couldn't have gone in the first place, which didn't leave him with much else.

"Hmm... that's problematic," he muttered. He glanced around a bit before raising his voice above the din of the forest-dwellers, his claws digging into the ground beneath him, and calling out, "Greetings, if anyone is there! I mean you no harm! My name is Ieyasu, and I would be grateful to ally with anyone who heeds my call!"
@Chrysocolla @Chibikittens @deeproar @IgnisFlamel @keet @Lipizzara @Risper

The crackling of Skyrix's fire, as well as the scent of its smoke, helped Shou track down the Coatl. He was a bit wary of just approaching out of the blue, however...

"Hey," he hissed from the cover of the forest's trees. "Are you a friendly snake?"

--~--

Ieyasu wasn't sure exactly where the Guardian had gone, as she had had a good head start over him. Still, the gradual thickening of the trees had made it slightly easier to guess her path; there were logically only a few directions she could have gone in once some of the paths started getting too small to accommodate dragons of her size. Though he could have forged on a bit further due to the smaller size afforded by his youth, he stayed focused on finding DarkStorm. At this point, however, he was unsure of either her whereabouts or of his own. He just knew she couldn't be where she couldn't have gone in the first place, which didn't leave him with much else.

"Hmm... that's problematic," he muttered. He glanced around a bit before raising his voice above the din of the forest-dwellers, his claws digging into the ground beneath him, and calling out, "Greetings, if anyone is there! I mean you no harm! My name is Ieyasu, and I would be grateful to ally with anyone who heeds my call!"
Kira jumped at the sudden shouting, believing it was Wheately for a moment before realizing it was one of the others.
"Greetings, if anyone is there! I mean you no harm! My name is Ieyasu, and I would be grateful to ally with anyone who heeds my call!"
Pausing for a moment, she thought it over.
An ally...alright...
Slithering up a nearby tree, she traveled to where she heard the call, bounding from one tree branch to the next until she spotted who the voice belonged to.
A large, golden Imperial stood below her.
"Hey, up here!" She called out, then added-
"How do I know you won't try to kill me, huh?!"
She was confident she could escape if given a head start, and stayed rooted in her place high up in the black towering tree.

@Chrysocolla @sarquael @deeproar @IgnisFlamel @keet @Lipizzara @Risper
Kira jumped at the sudden shouting, believing it was Wheately for a moment before realizing it was one of the others.
"Greetings, if anyone is there! I mean you no harm! My name is Ieyasu, and I would be grateful to ally with anyone who heeds my call!"
Pausing for a moment, she thought it over.
An ally...alright...
Slithering up a nearby tree, she traveled to where she heard the call, bounding from one tree branch to the next until she spotted who the voice belonged to.
A large, golden Imperial stood below her.
"Hey, up here!" She called out, then added-
"How do I know you won't try to kill me, huh?!"
She was confident she could escape if given a head start, and stayed rooted in her place high up in the black towering tree.

TXKcK16.png
@Chrysocolla @ChibiKittens @deeproar @IgnisFlamel @keet @Lipizzara @Risper

Ieyasu waited in his place patiently, then looked up with a warm smile at the sound of the voice. It wasn't the Guardian -- rather, it was one of the Spirals -- but it was someone he'd seen amongst the group in the beginning. He knew few of them very well, if at all (with the obvious exception of Shou), but he was certain he could make friends.

...The trust thing was a bit of an issue, though. His smile fell away into a puzzled look as he pondered this.

"...Well... the best assurance I can give you is my own word. I have nothing of particular sentiment on me to entrust to you, not even my familiar. And I'm not sure if favors or debts are acceptable payment, either..."

Ieyasu waited in his place patiently, then looked up with a warm smile at the sound of the voice. It wasn't the Guardian -- rather, it was one of the Spirals -- but it was someone he'd seen amongst the group in the beginning. He knew few of them very well, if at all (with the obvious exception of Shou), but he was certain he could make friends.

...The trust thing was a bit of an issue, though. His smile fell away into a puzzled look as he pondered this.

"...Well... the best assurance I can give you is my own word. I have nothing of particular sentiment on me to entrust to you, not even my familiar. And I'm not sure if favors or debts are acceptable payment, either..."
@Lipizzara @Chibikittens @Deeproar @Risper @Chrysocolla @IgnisFlamel @Sarquael [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5933673] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/59337/5933673_350.png[/img] [/url] DarkStorm jumped awake when her familiar chirped anxiously. She strained her ears. Something was moving out there! "Whoever you are, you're scaring my familiar," she growled protectively, "Either go away or come present yourself so that he doesn't feel so scared. She waited. Hardly anything fazed her. Her familiar hid under her huge talons.
@Lipizzara @Chibikittens @Deeproar @Risper @Chrysocolla @IgnisFlamel @Sarquael

5933673_350.png

DarkStorm jumped awake when her familiar chirped anxiously. She strained her ears. Something was moving out there!

"Whoever you are, you're scaring my familiar," she growled protectively, "Either go away or come present yourself so that he doesn't feel so scared.

She waited. Hardly anything fazed her. Her familiar hid under her huge talons.
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
Oh who did I get stuck with...? She silently groaned to herself, listening to him speak.
'best assurance' 'particular sentiment' 'acceptable payment' ?! These were the types of dragons she stole from, not allied with!
Don't be stupid, Kira, you can't be picky now...
Re-leashing her tight hold of the branch, she opened her wings and leaped off, gliding down and landing a few feet to the side of the Imperial.
"Welp, what now?" She asked aloud, partially to herself and partially to Ieyasu.

Oh who did I get stuck with...? She silently groaned to herself, listening to him speak.
'best assurance' 'particular sentiment' 'acceptable payment' ?! These were the types of dragons she stole from, not allied with!
Don't be stupid, Kira, you can't be picky now...
Re-leashing her tight hold of the branch, she opened her wings and leaped off, gliding down and landing a few feet to the side of the Imperial.
"Welp, what now?" She asked aloud, partially to herself and partially to Ieyasu.

TXKcK16.png

Ieyasu flapped his wings anxiously. "Well... I was looking for someone, so -- ..." He flicked his ear. He thought he heard something. A voice? Perhaps he'd been closer to the Guardian than he'd thought. "...Stay close." He ventured slowly toward the source of the second, voice, and...

The Imperial blinked a bit in surprise. "Oh... were you under a tree the whole time? I thought you'd been hiding..."

Ieyasu flapped his wings anxiously. "Well... I was looking for someone, so -- ..." He flicked his ear. He thought he heard something. A voice? Perhaps he'd been closer to the Guardian than he'd thought. "...Stay close." He ventured slowly toward the source of the second, voice, and...

The Imperial blinked a bit in surprise. "Oh... were you under a tree the whole time? I thought you'd been hiding..."
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13