Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Deepest Darkness ((NOW CLOSED))
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @Dracknorin @dragonflyomens @Llanai @Thewarywatcher13 ((I'm so sorry! I was unable to get to a computer yesterday.))

By the time the newcomers had gathered as well, Chirtl was laying on the floor with his forelegs crossed over each other. Watching in thinly-veiled amusement, the Skydancer's eyes took on a renewed shine as their combined glow shone brighter with each new arrival. He was certain there had never been a gathering of dragons this size before, and was eager to see how they would escape the darkness.

His antennae twitched in glee when Eternity seemed to lose his temper and gum up the female Wildclaw's jaws before melting into a tantrum, and was impressed with the Fae's lung capacity and inflection. Had he been alive, Chirtl would have backed away in awe, but now he grinned with delight at this new entertainment.

When Eternity composed himself and spoke, he let out a horrible hacking laugh, the warped version of what would have once been a trilling song. "Most impressive!" he cackled, raising his paws and bringing them together in a slow clap, the bangles clanking together with a dull clink. "Impressive, little friend. You truly are convinced to find a way out. In that case, I dedicate myself to your cause." He wouldn't say that the other reason he was getting out was because of his mate, but this companion would be a bonus.
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @Dracknorin @dragonflyomens @Llanai @Thewarywatcher13 ((I'm so sorry! I was unable to get to a computer yesterday.))

By the time the newcomers had gathered as well, Chirtl was laying on the floor with his forelegs crossed over each other. Watching in thinly-veiled amusement, the Skydancer's eyes took on a renewed shine as their combined glow shone brighter with each new arrival. He was certain there had never been a gathering of dragons this size before, and was eager to see how they would escape the darkness.

His antennae twitched in glee when Eternity seemed to lose his temper and gum up the female Wildclaw's jaws before melting into a tantrum, and was impressed with the Fae's lung capacity and inflection. Had he been alive, Chirtl would have backed away in awe, but now he grinned with delight at this new entertainment.

When Eternity composed himself and spoke, he let out a horrible hacking laugh, the warped version of what would have once been a trilling song. "Most impressive!" he cackled, raising his paws and bringing them together in a slow clap, the bangles clanking together with a dull clink. "Impressive, little friend. You truly are convinced to find a way out. In that case, I dedicate myself to your cause." He wouldn't say that the other reason he was getting out was because of his mate, but this companion would be a bonus.
+19 FR time | She/Her| Nest Network
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @Dracknorin @dragonflyomens @Llanai @deeproar

At this point Nycto figures it would be foolishly optimistic to assume he hadn`t been noticed, and is starting to realize that stealth probably wouldn`t work nearly as well here when he is glowing. The outbursts had made him all the more wary of these dragons, but they seemed to pose his only chance of finding out anything, and more importantly of getting out.
Uneasily he walks forward, bringing himself fully into the light. He looks around at the other dragons assembled around the sickening pool of whatever-evil-stuff-that-could-possibly-be.
"Personally, I don`t trust a single one of you. Not one bit." he says, his voice sounding odd to him after so much time of disuse. Every word burned inside him like frozen talons, but he pushes his anxieties aside enough to push the words out. He didn`t want them to realize he was scared of such a silly thing as speech. He turns to the fearsome white fae.
"But you seem to be the only one around here that knows anything. If there`s any chance of redeeming myself from this place, I`ll follow you."
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @Dracknorin @dragonflyomens @Llanai @deeproar

At this point Nycto figures it would be foolishly optimistic to assume he hadn`t been noticed, and is starting to realize that stealth probably wouldn`t work nearly as well here when he is glowing. The outbursts had made him all the more wary of these dragons, but they seemed to pose his only chance of finding out anything, and more importantly of getting out.
Uneasily he walks forward, bringing himself fully into the light. He looks around at the other dragons assembled around the sickening pool of whatever-evil-stuff-that-could-possibly-be.
"Personally, I don`t trust a single one of you. Not one bit." he says, his voice sounding odd to him after so much time of disuse. Every word burned inside him like frozen talons, but he pushes his anxieties aside enough to push the words out. He didn`t want them to realize he was scared of such a silly thing as speech. He turns to the fearsome white fae.
"But you seem to be the only one around here that knows anything. If there`s any chance of redeeming myself from this place, I`ll follow you."
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @dragonflyomens @Dracknorin @Thewarywatcher13

Aurono's eyes narrowed with anger. He thought of several ways to break the tiny thing, but then he remembered that it was already dead. Instead he shook the fae from his head, allowing it to flutter away for now. Someone even had the nerve to laugh. After that the mirror in the corner decided to contribute his opinion to the conversation as well.

"I think they're right." Now he glared at Veran.

"Of course you agree with them..." Aurono sighed, "why not!"

"I don't really care what you think. I'm going with them. And if you remember," Veran took the chain in both forepaws and yanked pulling Aurono's legs from under him, "I'm stronger than you are. So you're coming too."
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @dragonflyomens @Dracknorin @Thewarywatcher13

Aurono's eyes narrowed with anger. He thought of several ways to break the tiny thing, but then he remembered that it was already dead. Instead he shook the fae from his head, allowing it to flutter away for now. Someone even had the nerve to laugh. After that the mirror in the corner decided to contribute his opinion to the conversation as well.

"I think they're right." Now he glared at Veran.

"Of course you agree with them..." Aurono sighed, "why not!"

"I don't really care what you think. I'm going with them. And if you remember," Veran took the chain in both forepaws and yanked pulling Aurono's legs from under him, "I'm stronger than you are. So you're coming too."
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
((Holy hell this has moved along so quickly 0_0 Do tell me if my rendition of the 'cavern' and the blackness does not fit your canon, dracknorin! Teeheehee. I finally get to let Mass vent a little. Also, thank Plaguemomma you put everybody's bios on the first post, because I may or may not be having a hard time keeping up with who is playing who... Hence why I usually put my dragon's image at the top of my post ^^;)) @BellowsLizard @deeproar @skiatha @Dracknorin @dragonflyomens @Llanai @Thewarywatcher13 [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/24/2368.png[/img] Immediately, Mass was skeptical of the little fae's claims. Anything claiming salvation without intrinsic proof was more often than not, in fact every time, coatl oil. He took the time to settle on his hind legs, his head almost scraping the desperate void above. His crimson eyes glittered in the light of what he assumed was some kind of soul as he soaked in the ramblings of the little white one. He may not have trusted it yet, but he would allow it to speak some and at least argue it's case. [i]"This is all well and good, but extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence... If you know a way out, why not escape yourself? And indeed-"[/i] A sudden flash not unlike shimmering fire caused Mass to raise his hackles in alarm, and let out a rattling hiss. Unfortunately, this also caused his spines to become stuck in the "ceiling", the tendrils groping downwards to ensnare his maw and pull it upwards. All he heard struggling in the muffled void as his head snap froze was a series of angry squeaks and a squawk before a particularly large thump into his side dislodged him from the suffocating, neck-up burial. His whole dripping frame shuddered as the complete hatred itched it's cold touch down his spine before it would gradually turn warmer. He suspected he did not possess a physical body, merely the memory of one, but it didn't stop the blackness from feeling bloody creepy. A small pebble hit him on the side of the nose. The straw that proverbially broke the camel's back, hissing with a blatant sarcasm sharp enough to cut rocks. [b]"Oh, I'm SO SORRY to intrude! I didn't realise you had such a prime grip on the real estate market here in the bowels of black! Tell me, how did you secure such a prime location? Do you plan on starting a clan here? Your interior decoration is LOVELY YOU SACK OF-"[/b] Another shudder, this time a breath of barely-contained rage. The ooze pulsed and dripped with renewed vigor from the spaces between his scales as the adrenaline, or at the least the memory of it, took a moment or two to calm. [i]"I'm sorry fae. I did not mean to... interrupt." [/i] He then lay silent on his fore legs, too uneasy to sit upwards. The wildclaw's linguistic accent of choice annoyed him to absolutely no end, but afraid of kindling the wrath of such a teensy yet vital part of their group, he bit his tongue. Until a curious tundra in chains did it for him. Surely this was yet another torment. So many tactless idiots existing in his breathing space wasn't possible otherwise. He could not help but smirk and raise an eyeridge at the trembling spitting rage of the fae. [i]"Wait. Breathe, and then back up for a second fae. Shade? As in... *the* Shade? Now I'm going to give you the chance to possibly correct what you said... but you're damn sure this is not only the same Shade that seeks to devour the world, called by the Arcanist... you [u]worshipped[/u] it?"[/i] At first, a look of pure horror. Confusion. His face scrunched, as if biting as tongue. Suddenly a huge lungful of air and loud laughter filled the light space, the ridgeback unable to compose himself until he forced his lungs to inflate painfully. [i]"Well, that explains how you know so much. By all means fae, you leave us no choice. We follow you into even deeper hells than that we've already seen, or we languish here and die. Out from the infected and into the Wyrmwound. " [/i] Still chuckling, the conclusion for his hysterical laughter became apparent. [i]"But first you will tell us what you, a devoid Shade-worshipper as if we didn't already have enough deities to follow, know and everything you know about how we got here and what exact kind of state we're in. Because while I can't threaten to kill you here, so help me if you are the reason as to why we are here and not thoroughly at rest or properly dead as I suspect, I will feed you to the void myself."[/i] [/center]
((Holy hell this has moved along so quickly 0_0 Do tell me if my rendition of the 'cavern' and the blackness does not fit your canon, dracknorin! Teeheehee. I finally get to let Mass vent a little.
Also, thank Plaguemomma you put everybody's bios on the first post, because I may or may not be having a hard time keeping up with who is playing who... Hence why I usually put my dragon's image at the top of my post ^^;))

@BellowsLizard @deeproar @skiatha @Dracknorin @dragonflyomens @Llanai @Thewarywatcher13

2368.png
Immediately, Mass was skeptical of the little fae's claims. Anything claiming salvation without intrinsic proof was more often than not, in fact every time, coatl oil. He took the time to settle on his hind legs, his head almost scraping the desperate void above. His crimson eyes glittered in the light of what he assumed was some kind of soul as he soaked in the ramblings of the little white one. He may not have trusted it yet, but he would allow it to speak some and at least argue it's case.

"This is all well and good, but extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence... If you know a way out, why not escape yourself? And indeed-"
A sudden flash not unlike shimmering fire caused Mass to raise his hackles in alarm, and let out a rattling hiss. Unfortunately, this also caused his spines to become stuck in the "ceiling", the tendrils groping downwards to ensnare his maw and pull it upwards.
All he heard struggling in the muffled void as his head snap froze was a series of angry squeaks and a squawk before a particularly large thump into his side dislodged him from the suffocating, neck-up burial.

His whole dripping frame shuddered as the complete hatred itched it's cold touch down his spine before it would gradually turn warmer. He suspected he did not possess a physical body, merely the memory of one, but it didn't stop the blackness from feeling bloody creepy.

A small pebble hit him on the side of the nose. The straw that proverbially broke the camel's back, hissing with a blatant sarcasm sharp enough to cut rocks.
"Oh, I'm SO SORRY to intrude! I didn't realise you had such a prime grip on the real estate market here in the bowels of black! Tell me, how did you secure such a prime location? Do you plan on starting a clan here? Your interior decoration is LOVELY YOU SACK OF-"
Another shudder, this time a breath of barely-contained rage. The ooze pulsed and dripped with renewed vigor from the spaces between his scales as the adrenaline, or at the least the memory of it, took a moment or two to calm.
"I'm sorry fae. I did not mean to... interrupt."

He then lay silent on his fore legs, too uneasy to sit upwards. The wildclaw's linguistic accent of choice annoyed him to absolutely no end, but afraid of kindling the wrath of such a teensy yet vital part of their group, he bit his tongue.

Until a curious tundra in chains did it for him.
Surely this was yet another torment. So many tactless idiots existing in his breathing space wasn't possible otherwise.
He could not help but smirk and raise an eyeridge at the trembling spitting rage of the fae.
"Wait. Breathe, and then back up for a second fae. Shade? As in... *the* Shade? Now I'm going to give you the chance to possibly correct what you said... but you're damn sure this is not only the same Shade that seeks to devour the world, called by the Arcanist... you worshipped it?"

At first, a look of pure horror.
Confusion.
His face scrunched, as if biting as tongue.
Suddenly a huge lungful of air and loud laughter filled the light space, the ridgeback unable to compose himself until he forced his lungs to inflate painfully.
"Well, that explains how you know so much. By all means fae, you leave us no choice. We follow you into even deeper hells than that we've already seen, or we languish here and die. Out from the infected and into the Wyrmwound. "
Still chuckling, the conclusion for his hysterical laughter became apparent.
"But first you will tell us what you, a devoid Shade-worshipper as if we didn't already have enough deities to follow, know and everything you know about how we got here and what exact kind of state we're in.
Because while I can't threaten to kill you here, so help me if you are the reason as to why we are here and not thoroughly at rest or properly dead as I suspect, I will feed you to the void myself."
((Good to see you still live, Assassin)) @Llanai @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @lonelyGuardian @fujin @dragonflyomens @Thewarywatcher13 ((I apologize in advance for this ginormous block of text.))

Eternity fluttered to the ground, seemingly exhausted by his previous outburst. He skittered closer to Mass, seemingly for the small amount of protection in may offer. "Only if you promise not to throw me into the void until I've finished my story." ((The story will be the following mass of italic writing.))

I was praised once, for being a good hatchling. For being a good dragon. I suppose I was, even being born of the shadow flight. I reveled in the darkness, and scorned the light. It wasn't until I was older, and began using magic, that I learned to harness this darkness.

But it was never enough for me, still too much light, too much good and love. I learned of The Shade, and I loved its damning darkness. Naivety, perhaps, on my part. Like the Arcanist, I did not realize the true extent of its power. I secretly praised the Shade, forsaking the Shadowbinder as my deity, and when I truly began to try and harness the powers, my clan met with an unfortunate end.

My madness did not end there. There was a thirst for power that had never surfaced before. I knew the shade had been destroyed by the gods, but I longed to see such beautiful destruction. For many years, i hid away in the deepest part of the Tangled Wood, away from prying eyes, and practice my dark magics. Many more deaths than my clan are on my hands.

It seemed the gods would have merely condemned me to suffer after my death, had I stopped there. But I was a fool, and in one final act of sacrilege, I created a monster.

Eternity stopped there, backing up to the edge of the platform. He whispered arcane words, though strange ones, and the tar-like substance seemed to listen. It rose up, forming a vaguely dragon-like shape, on par with Mass size-wise. But it was no dragon, but a shifting mass of toothy mouths and creeping black tendrils. The form lasted only a moment, before the strain of holding it together seemed to be too much for the fae.

That is my beast. The gods watched in horror as i brought it to life, and fearing the destruction it my cause, turned their rage on me. I was stripped of my powers, magic becoming an exhausting feat for me. And without my strength, my beast cannot hold much form. I was the first, I think. I have doubtlessly been here for many generations now.

As for what this place is; I believe that the dieties could not destroy the Shade, only locking it away where it could do no harm. A place like this, shattered and empty. Where what was left of its all-devouring darkness could devour all it liked, and still get nowhere. I believe that we were all cursed to reside in the heart of the Shade, or what remains of it. Perhaps nothing now but an evil force that breeds suffering.
((Good to see you still live, Assassin)) @Llanai @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @lonelyGuardian @fujin @dragonflyomens @Thewarywatcher13 ((I apologize in advance for this ginormous block of text.))

Eternity fluttered to the ground, seemingly exhausted by his previous outburst. He skittered closer to Mass, seemingly for the small amount of protection in may offer. "Only if you promise not to throw me into the void until I've finished my story." ((The story will be the following mass of italic writing.))

I was praised once, for being a good hatchling. For being a good dragon. I suppose I was, even being born of the shadow flight. I reveled in the darkness, and scorned the light. It wasn't until I was older, and began using magic, that I learned to harness this darkness.

But it was never enough for me, still too much light, too much good and love. I learned of The Shade, and I loved its damning darkness. Naivety, perhaps, on my part. Like the Arcanist, I did not realize the true extent of its power. I secretly praised the Shade, forsaking the Shadowbinder as my deity, and when I truly began to try and harness the powers, my clan met with an unfortunate end.

My madness did not end there. There was a thirst for power that had never surfaced before. I knew the shade had been destroyed by the gods, but I longed to see such beautiful destruction. For many years, i hid away in the deepest part of the Tangled Wood, away from prying eyes, and practice my dark magics. Many more deaths than my clan are on my hands.

It seemed the gods would have merely condemned me to suffer after my death, had I stopped there. But I was a fool, and in one final act of sacrilege, I created a monster.

Eternity stopped there, backing up to the edge of the platform. He whispered arcane words, though strange ones, and the tar-like substance seemed to listen. It rose up, forming a vaguely dragon-like shape, on par with Mass size-wise. But it was no dragon, but a shifting mass of toothy mouths and creeping black tendrils. The form lasted only a moment, before the strain of holding it together seemed to be too much for the fae.

That is my beast. The gods watched in horror as i brought it to life, and fearing the destruction it my cause, turned their rage on me. I was stripped of my powers, magic becoming an exhausting feat for me. And without my strength, my beast cannot hold much form. I was the first, I think. I have doubtlessly been here for many generations now.

As for what this place is; I believe that the dieties could not destroy the Shade, only locking it away where it could do no harm. A place like this, shattered and empty. Where what was left of its all-devouring darkness could devour all it liked, and still get nowhere. I believe that we were all cursed to reside in the heart of the Shade, or what remains of it. Perhaps nothing now but an evil force that breeds suffering.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@Llanai @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @lonelyGuardian @fujin @dragonflyomens @Dracknorin ((I kept this short since I already posted only a matter of hours ago, but my Nycto is so poorly educated that I thought this would be a good question for him to ask.))

Nycto cocks his head in confusion. He didn`t understand this turn in conversation at all. The beast that had risen at the fae`s command, the fae whom he now trusted even less, had terrified him. But he did not know where it came from.
"Forgive my ignorance, but`s the Shade?"
@Llanai @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @lonelyGuardian @fujin @dragonflyomens @Dracknorin ((I kept this short since I already posted only a matter of hours ago, but my Nycto is so poorly educated that I thought this would be a good question for him to ask.))

Nycto cocks his head in confusion. He didn`t understand this turn in conversation at all. The beast that had risen at the fae`s command, the fae whom he now trusted even less, had terrified him. But he did not know where it came from.
"Forgive my ignorance, but`s the Shade?"
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
@Thewarywatcher13 ((Novels are always welcome. You saw my post after all.))

Eternity turned to look at the mirror, blinking a couple of times. He had never seen a dragon who didn't know at least some history before.

With a sigh, he said "Long ago, the gods fought each other. They would have destroyed everything, had it not been for the arrival of the shade, a massive dark entity that threatened to devour all of creation. Twice, they have fought it off, it refuses to stay dead, it seems."
@Thewarywatcher13 ((Novels are always welcome. You saw my post after all.))

Eternity turned to look at the mirror, blinking a couple of times. He had never seen a dragon who didn't know at least some history before.

With a sigh, he said "Long ago, the gods fought each other. They would have destroyed everything, had it not been for the arrival of the shade, a massive dark entity that threatened to devour all of creation. Twice, they have fought it off, it refuses to stay dead, it seems."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@Llanai @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @lonelyGuardian @fujin @dragonflyomens @Dracknorin @Thewarywatcher13 @BellowsLizard
((Hi, everyone! I´m trying to write a bit how I imagine the dragon thinks, so hopefully it´s not too confusing. Also edit, adding ping so I don´t forget next time, sorry! ))

Another disturbance, and Indrah finally opened all four of her eyes. No, this was not the Darkness playing tricks. Something was happening. She had been frustrated by her fruitless search before, but her determination never wavered. She would prevail. She would discover the duty she had here and carry it out. She would not fail again. Now, what was this? A spark, and another. Others? Dragons with will still left in their souls? Others... Maybe. Maybe not. She shouldn´t get her hopes up. A deep breath of the freezing not-air, welcoming the chill even as it hurt. Stay focused. Do not slip.

Unfurling from where she attempted to rest before, the Mirror launched herself after the lights she´d seen passing by. She had hated flying before. Outside. But this was not really flying. More like swimming, actually. Swimming in a powerful river full of treacherous currents. Dangerous, distracting. Mind locked on the destination, on the direction. Mind mattered more than body. At times, it was difficult. But now she was hunting again. Hunting for purpose. The darkness grew thicker, forming almost a barrier. She thought she could almost hear the challenge. Are you strong enough? Determined enough? She would not fail. And then it let her go and she stepped out on the edge of something... a platform, beyond the edge of a river of black, bathed in so much light she had to blink several times as her eyes protested the sudden change. Yes, there were other dragons. Many others. They would be strong, as a group. She was not sure if that was good or not. It depended on who they were. Why were they in this place? She would have to find out.

It seemed the most important one of them, the one who held the attention of the rest was a masked fae. She listened to his tale quietly, not knowing what to think. He had tried to create something akin to the Shade. Why? When the tales said so clearly the Shade was shattered, not destroyed? But more importantly, he seemed… to condemn his actions now. Where she may have spoken before, her jaws clicked shut again. Oh, no. You shall not know, she decided. But then he spoke further and…

I believe that we were all cursed to reside in the heart of the Shade, or what remains of it.

…that would explain much, indeed. It would explain why she had felt so painfully overwhelmed, even though she had been a being of darkness herself. The heart of the Shade itself. A place she thought to be far out of reach of any dragon, if not destroyed by the sundering long ago. Her wings rustled as she drew them closer to her body. This fae, he had and gave so much thought. So much information. Yet the way he gave it left bitterness on her tongue. She turned to the dark one of her own kind, noting how tense he seemed, ready perhaps to run or lash out. And still his question came out so polite. At the fae´s answer, though, Indrah could no longer keep silent and her voice was quiet, gentle with only the least hint of a hiss that she could never rid herself of entirely. „Or so they say, at least. I had never understood, though. How so that the Shade had covered parts of the world, yet they were found untouched when it was driven away?“ Then, to not earn their hostility so soon… „Perhaps the same could happen with us, should we find a way.“
@Llanai @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @lonelyGuardian @fujin @dragonflyomens @Dracknorin @Thewarywatcher13 @BellowsLizard
((Hi, everyone! I´m trying to write a bit how I imagine the dragon thinks, so hopefully it´s not too confusing. Also edit, adding ping so I don´t forget next time, sorry! ))

Another disturbance, and Indrah finally opened all four of her eyes. No, this was not the Darkness playing tricks. Something was happening. She had been frustrated by her fruitless search before, but her determination never wavered. She would prevail. She would discover the duty she had here and carry it out. She would not fail again. Now, what was this? A spark, and another. Others? Dragons with will still left in their souls? Others... Maybe. Maybe not. She shouldn´t get her hopes up. A deep breath of the freezing not-air, welcoming the chill even as it hurt. Stay focused. Do not slip.

Unfurling from where she attempted to rest before, the Mirror launched herself after the lights she´d seen passing by. She had hated flying before. Outside. But this was not really flying. More like swimming, actually. Swimming in a powerful river full of treacherous currents. Dangerous, distracting. Mind locked on the destination, on the direction. Mind mattered more than body. At times, it was difficult. But now she was hunting again. Hunting for purpose. The darkness grew thicker, forming almost a barrier. She thought she could almost hear the challenge. Are you strong enough? Determined enough? She would not fail. And then it let her go and she stepped out on the edge of something... a platform, beyond the edge of a river of black, bathed in so much light she had to blink several times as her eyes protested the sudden change. Yes, there were other dragons. Many others. They would be strong, as a group. She was not sure if that was good or not. It depended on who they were. Why were they in this place? She would have to find out.

It seemed the most important one of them, the one who held the attention of the rest was a masked fae. She listened to his tale quietly, not knowing what to think. He had tried to create something akin to the Shade. Why? When the tales said so clearly the Shade was shattered, not destroyed? But more importantly, he seemed… to condemn his actions now. Where she may have spoken before, her jaws clicked shut again. Oh, no. You shall not know, she decided. But then he spoke further and…

I believe that we were all cursed to reside in the heart of the Shade, or what remains of it.

…that would explain much, indeed. It would explain why she had felt so painfully overwhelmed, even though she had been a being of darkness herself. The heart of the Shade itself. A place she thought to be far out of reach of any dragon, if not destroyed by the sundering long ago. Her wings rustled as she drew them closer to her body. This fae, he had and gave so much thought. So much information. Yet the way he gave it left bitterness on her tongue. She turned to the dark one of her own kind, noting how tense he seemed, ready perhaps to run or lash out. And still his question came out so polite. At the fae´s answer, though, Indrah could no longer keep silent and her voice was quiet, gentle with only the least hint of a hiss that she could never rid herself of entirely. „Or so they say, at least. I had never understood, though. How so that the Shade had covered parts of the world, yet they were found untouched when it was driven away?“ Then, to not earn their hostility so soon… „Perhaps the same could happen with us, should we find a way.“
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @dragonflyomens @Llanai @Thewarywatcher13 @Morigan ((Updated the ping list to remove some people who had to drop out))

Eternity was exhausted, sitting on the ground now with his earlier energy evaporated. He looked at Indrah, thankful for the quiet and sane response for once.

"Nothing is guaranteed. We may well find a way out, only to be shown that our crimes were too great to simply be released from this place. We may well find that with our physical bodies gone, it would be impossible to leave. But what other chance do we have?"
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @deeproar @dragonflyomens @Llanai @Thewarywatcher13 @Morigan ((Updated the ping list to remove some people who had to drop out))

Eternity was exhausted, sitting on the ground now with his earlier energy evaporated. He looked at Indrah, thankful for the quiet and sane response for once.

"Nothing is guaranteed. We may well find a way out, only to be shown that our crimes were too great to simply be released from this place. We may well find that with our physical bodies gone, it would be impossible to leave. But what other chance do we have?"
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @Dracknorin @dragonflyomens @Llanai @Thewarywatcher13 @deeproar @Morigan [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/48135/4813452.png[/img] The soft sound of furred wings barely penetrated the very depth of the darkness here. LockDown regretted having taken flight. He could hardly tell where the landmasses were below him. He sniffed the air and turned sharply with a yelp to avoid one of said landmasses directly in his path. He grabbed onto it with claws sharpened from his life. He sighed softly and pressed his forehead against the cold stone. He sat there for a moment, glowing white eyes closed. Then, with a withdrawn sigh, he began to climb the side of the landmass. He pulled himself up reluctantly to the flat top shelf and grumbled to himself. His body seemed to be stuck between the state he was in as he died and the state he had been in when... Well, to put it bluntly, LockDown was stuck between being filled with poison and being filled with adrenaline and sticky with blood. He felt weak and occasionally would have the urge to vomit, when nothing resided in his stomach. But still his body itched to move, itched to fling itself into a battle at any moment. He shook his wide, hooded head from side to side. He immediately regretted it as he felt dizzy. Some hysterical voice in the back of his mind compared it to having just ridden across the Windswept Plateau on the back of a spiral. As he hit the ground (When did he fall over?) he grumbled at the voice to shut up. He wished he had his younger vision, but he was stuck with the black and white half-blindness. However, he was stuck like this, and there was no use complaining. He laid there for a moment, half conscious. He wondered briefly if he'd finally lose his mind and become one of those wandering, grey... things. But soon adrenaline surged again and-with a shudder like anticipation-LockDown trudged up to his feet again and started walking again. His circuit markings flashed and waned regularly, depending on whether adrenaline or poison was more predominate in his system. He couldn't stop for more than a few moments before he had to continue again. His stomach roiled and groaned with each step, and he was almost always panting now. If his kind could sweat, he'd be drenched in a cold one. He stepped around a lingering puddle of darkness, giving it quite the wide berth, as he continued. At least now he had a new land space to pace across. Perhaps he'd find another soul on this one. His symptoms always lessened around others. The thought made him smile through his dizzy, sickened state, and he kept going, his white eyes open wide to suck in any form of light in this desolate place.[/center] ((Let me know if anything I wrote is out of canon, I just kinda took my idea and ran like a bat outta hell with it.))
@BellowsLizard @Assassin @skiatha @Dracknorin @dragonflyomens @Llanai @Thewarywatcher13 @deeproar @Morigan
4813452.png

The soft sound of furred wings barely penetrated the very depth of the darkness here. LockDown regretted having taken flight. He could hardly tell where the landmasses were below him. He sniffed the air and turned sharply with a yelp to avoid one of said landmasses directly in his path. He grabbed onto it with claws sharpened from his life. He sighed softly and pressed his forehead against the cold stone. He sat there for a moment, glowing white eyes closed. Then, with a withdrawn sigh, he began to climb the side of the landmass. He pulled himself up reluctantly to the flat top shelf and grumbled to himself. His body seemed to be stuck between the state he was in as he died and the state he had been in when...

Well, to put it bluntly, LockDown was stuck between being filled with poison and being filled with adrenaline and sticky with blood. He felt weak and occasionally would have the urge to vomit, when nothing resided in his stomach. But still his body itched to move, itched to fling itself into a battle at any moment. He shook his wide, hooded head from side to side. He immediately regretted it as he felt dizzy. Some hysterical voice in the back of his mind compared it to having just ridden across the Windswept Plateau on the back of a spiral. As he hit the ground (When did he fall over?) he grumbled at the voice to shut up. He wished he had his younger vision, but he was stuck with the black and white half-blindness. However, he was stuck like this, and there was no use complaining.

He laid there for a moment, half conscious. He wondered briefly if he'd finally lose his mind and become one of those wandering, grey... things.

But soon adrenaline surged again and-with a shudder like anticipation-LockDown trudged up to his feet again and started walking again. His circuit markings flashed and waned regularly, depending on whether adrenaline or poison was more predominate in his system. He couldn't stop for more than a few moments before he had to continue again. His stomach roiled and groaned with each step, and he was almost always panting now. If his kind could sweat, he'd be drenched in a cold one. He stepped around a lingering puddle of darkness, giving it quite the wide berth, as he continued. At least now he had a new land space to pace across. Perhaps he'd find another soul on this one. His symptoms always lessened around others. The thought made him smile through his dizzy, sickened state, and he kept going, his white eyes open wide to suck in any form of light in this desolate place.

((Let me know if anything I wrote is out of canon, I just kinda took my idea and ran like a bat outta hell with it.))
IB7Plwf.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29