Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PRPG FayeStar x GiftOfArtemis
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@GiftOfArtemis No probs, I can get busy too.

Ayala felt a few tears slip down her cheeks as she sat pondering what she had done wrong in life. Hearing footsteps approach, Aya quickly buried her face in her arms. She didn't want to be found like this. Beck's soft voice eased the embarrassment. She was safe with him. Somehow she knew there was a special connection between them two. Her head was tilted up after he wiped her tears. Why was he doing this? What were his motives? Lingering doubts plagued her mind. Then his story began.

Ayala could almost imagine herself there. She saw the battle, and the fallen cygnogriffs. She saw her ancestors come to help, they had been such a prosperous race. Had her mother been there? Yes, she remembered now. A story her mother had told her long ago. About the brave cygnogriffs and selfish humans. She had taught Aya what breeds she could trust. Dragons had since then been grudge bearing enemies, and after that the cygnogriffs were loyal guardians. Even after the races were nearly extinguished. She had known this in her heart, even if her mind held doubts.

Ayala managed a smile as Beckham pulled her closer. Her arms reached around his neck to keep her close to him. "Thank you...." Simple words, but she meant each one. Her arms tightened around him, she had needed this. Someone who would stick with her through the worst of things. Aya let all the pent up despair and loneliness drift away. She would never have to feel like that again. And if she did, she would have a faithful friend to help her back out.

Just as the hug was finished, and they drifted apart, Ayala noticed a small change. Why were there dog ears on top of Beckham's head? She giggled, thinking they looked incredibly adorable on the boy. One hand reached up to touch the soft triangles. "When did this happen?" Her mind was so engrossed with this new discovery, she had no time to be nervous. Possibly the first time she had spoken to him without a stutter.

--

"I'll kill them." Out of anger, Jason muttered this under his breath. This was why students feared him. A shishi's wrath burned hot indeed. It only took a moment for the boy to register what had come from his mouth. A blush quickly rose to his cheeks as he deposited the used napkins in the trash. When he came back, his anger again had been lidded. "I'm sorry, I do not wish to upset you. But no one deserves that treatment, not even a rabid animal. It is an insult to every half breed in existence. One that many would be quick to kill over."

He sighed as he again took his seat. He could understand normal people thinking they were scary monsters, but to have convinced a girl...nay, a woman, that she deserves that fear is out of the question. "Everyone deserves a chance for a better life. I simply extended that offer to you. Please don't ever think you deserve any less treatment than a princess deserves."

--

"And we can work on our abilities too! Rexa, I haven't seen you fly yet, maybe someone could help you." Faye continued to jabber excitedly. This would be so fun if it worked. "I know I need a bit of help levitating, so we can learn together! Just like studying!"
@GiftOfArtemis No probs, I can get busy too.

Ayala felt a few tears slip down her cheeks as she sat pondering what she had done wrong in life. Hearing footsteps approach, Aya quickly buried her face in her arms. She didn't want to be found like this. Beck's soft voice eased the embarrassment. She was safe with him. Somehow she knew there was a special connection between them two. Her head was tilted up after he wiped her tears. Why was he doing this? What were his motives? Lingering doubts plagued her mind. Then his story began.

Ayala could almost imagine herself there. She saw the battle, and the fallen cygnogriffs. She saw her ancestors come to help, they had been such a prosperous race. Had her mother been there? Yes, she remembered now. A story her mother had told her long ago. About the brave cygnogriffs and selfish humans. She had taught Aya what breeds she could trust. Dragons had since then been grudge bearing enemies, and after that the cygnogriffs were loyal guardians. Even after the races were nearly extinguished. She had known this in her heart, even if her mind held doubts.

Ayala managed a smile as Beckham pulled her closer. Her arms reached around his neck to keep her close to him. "Thank you...." Simple words, but she meant each one. Her arms tightened around him, she had needed this. Someone who would stick with her through the worst of things. Aya let all the pent up despair and loneliness drift away. She would never have to feel like that again. And if she did, she would have a faithful friend to help her back out.

Just as the hug was finished, and they drifted apart, Ayala noticed a small change. Why were there dog ears on top of Beckham's head? She giggled, thinking they looked incredibly adorable on the boy. One hand reached up to touch the soft triangles. "When did this happen?" Her mind was so engrossed with this new discovery, she had no time to be nervous. Possibly the first time she had spoken to him without a stutter.

--

"I'll kill them." Out of anger, Jason muttered this under his breath. This was why students feared him. A shishi's wrath burned hot indeed. It only took a moment for the boy to register what had come from his mouth. A blush quickly rose to his cheeks as he deposited the used napkins in the trash. When he came back, his anger again had been lidded. "I'm sorry, I do not wish to upset you. But no one deserves that treatment, not even a rabid animal. It is an insult to every half breed in existence. One that many would be quick to kill over."

He sighed as he again took his seat. He could understand normal people thinking they were scary monsters, but to have convinced a girl...nay, a woman, that she deserves that fear is out of the question. "Everyone deserves a chance for a better life. I simply extended that offer to you. Please don't ever think you deserve any less treatment than a princess deserves."

--

"And we can work on our abilities too! Rexa, I haven't seen you fly yet, maybe someone could help you." Faye continued to jabber excitedly. This would be so fun if it worked. "I know I need a bit of help levitating, so we can learn together! Just like studying!"
Shock flushed across Beckhams face, leaving a lingering blush on his cheeks. It was probably the first time he ever blushed in his life.

"Er, uh..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I was relaxing and they popped out." He shrugged. "I've been trying to get them to go away..." He pushed them down a bit before giving Aya a sly smile. "Why, do you think they're cute?" He laughed.

---

A princess? Without even knowing what she was doing, Maeve reached her hand across the table and stroked Jason's cheek. She smiled, looking into his eyes. How cute it was when his temper worked up. Passion burned hot in his eyes like fire, something any sane person would find terrifying, but Maeve was drawn to it. She wanted to hold his hand and lead him to her cold, deep, watery domain, holding him under till that fire fizzled out.

Suddenly, she came to her senses. Maeve snapped back like she had touched burning coals. What in the world? Where had that thought come from? Ringing filled her ears and suddenly she didn't feel so well. She looked down at her food, nibbling at the soggy remains of her lunch. "Sorry." She mumbled.

---

Rexa blushed, looking a bit worried. "Yeah, we can practice flying." Rexa wondered what Faye would think of her after seeing her big fat floppy wings make her fall on her face.

@fayestar
Shock flushed across Beckhams face, leaving a lingering blush on his cheeks. It was probably the first time he ever blushed in his life.

"Er, uh..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I was relaxing and they popped out." He shrugged. "I've been trying to get them to go away..." He pushed them down a bit before giving Aya a sly smile. "Why, do you think they're cute?" He laughed.

---

A princess? Without even knowing what she was doing, Maeve reached her hand across the table and stroked Jason's cheek. She smiled, looking into his eyes. How cute it was when his temper worked up. Passion burned hot in his eyes like fire, something any sane person would find terrifying, but Maeve was drawn to it. She wanted to hold his hand and lead him to her cold, deep, watery domain, holding him under till that fire fizzled out.

Suddenly, she came to her senses. Maeve snapped back like she had touched burning coals. What in the world? Where had that thought come from? Ringing filled her ears and suddenly she didn't feel so well. She looked down at her food, nibbling at the soggy remains of her lunch. "Sorry." She mumbled.

---

Rexa blushed, looking a bit worried. "Yeah, we can practice flying." Rexa wondered what Faye would think of her after seeing her big fat floppy wings make her fall on her face.

@fayestar
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
@GiftOfArtemis

Ayala giggled as her hand pulled away to allow Beck to fidget with his new ears. Aw, it was so cute. She couldn't help but love this part of him too. As he settled down, Aya again reached up to stroke the soft ears. Her fingers scratched behind them gently. It would be interesting if this actually felt good to him. His question made her pause. Was it that obvious what she thought?

Well, it would do no good to lie to him. Beck could probably read her mind anyway. Eh, she wasn't a hundred percent on that fact. She smiled, "Of course I think your cute." Her face suddenly went red as she scooted away. "I mean...I uh...I..." She stood quickly, turning herself away. "W-we should get back t-to the cafeteria."

--

Jason felt a hand caress his cheek as he spoke. His burning gaze flicked up to meet hers. Were her eyes always that blue? It was like staring into an endless abyss. His chest started to burn, as if his lungs were screaming for oxygen. But what wondrous beauty was there before him. Suddenly the dream ended, and Maeve looked slightly sick. He leaned closer to take one of her hands in his own. "Are you all right, Maeve? Did I say something wrong?"

His mind was slow to process what she was. It was now that the pieces fell into place. She was of kelpie descent. It all made sense now, the feeling of ecstasy when they touched, her control of water, and the deep blue eyes. His grip on her hand loosened as a small seed of fear tried to bury itself in his heart. She was dangerous. The feeling lasted but a moment before his hand grasped hers with renewed strength. "I will not abandon you as they did. No matter the cost." His eyes held truth. He knew what it was to be feared and shunned. He knew the pain of having a parent that didn't want him. They could get through this cruel life together. Both dangerous, but both loyal.

--

Faye did a little fist pump. "All right! I'll see you all after class then." She stood to throw her trash away. There was still a good half hour for lunch to end, she had time. Faye skipped back to the table, "I hate to leave now, but....Carlos thinks he can beat me at climbing trees. We'll just see how the dragon breath holds out." Her friends cheered her on as she left.
@GiftOfArtemis

Ayala giggled as her hand pulled away to allow Beck to fidget with his new ears. Aw, it was so cute. She couldn't help but love this part of him too. As he settled down, Aya again reached up to stroke the soft ears. Her fingers scratched behind them gently. It would be interesting if this actually felt good to him. His question made her pause. Was it that obvious what she thought?

Well, it would do no good to lie to him. Beck could probably read her mind anyway. Eh, she wasn't a hundred percent on that fact. She smiled, "Of course I think your cute." Her face suddenly went red as she scooted away. "I mean...I uh...I..." She stood quickly, turning herself away. "W-we should get back t-to the cafeteria."

--

Jason felt a hand caress his cheek as he spoke. His burning gaze flicked up to meet hers. Were her eyes always that blue? It was like staring into an endless abyss. His chest started to burn, as if his lungs were screaming for oxygen. But what wondrous beauty was there before him. Suddenly the dream ended, and Maeve looked slightly sick. He leaned closer to take one of her hands in his own. "Are you all right, Maeve? Did I say something wrong?"

His mind was slow to process what she was. It was now that the pieces fell into place. She was of kelpie descent. It all made sense now, the feeling of ecstasy when they touched, her control of water, and the deep blue eyes. His grip on her hand loosened as a small seed of fear tried to bury itself in his heart. She was dangerous. The feeling lasted but a moment before his hand grasped hers with renewed strength. "I will not abandon you as they did. No matter the cost." His eyes held truth. He knew what it was to be feared and shunned. He knew the pain of having a parent that didn't want him. They could get through this cruel life together. Both dangerous, but both loyal.

--

Faye did a little fist pump. "All right! I'll see you all after class then." She stood to throw her trash away. There was still a good half hour for lunch to end, she had time. Faye skipped back to the table, "I hate to leave now, but....Carlos thinks he can beat me at climbing trees. We'll just see how the dragon breath holds out." Her friends cheered her on as she left.
Beck sighed as Aya scratched his ears, but tried to hide it. Bad enough he had the creepy things, better not start acting like a puppy. He helped her to her feet. "Yeah, who knows what Jason and the new girl could be getting up to." He winked. "Something much more scandalous than a boy alone with a girl in the girls locker room, right?" He laughed.

---

Maeve saw it, the fear in his eyes. It may have only lasted a second, but in that moment that it flashed by, it seared itself into Maeve's memory. It was the same look her father gave her, which was a thousand times worse than the hateful glares from her stepmother.

She would have to be careful. The evil, guttural instinct hard wired into Maeve's DNA knew Jason's feelings for her. The Kelpie DNA could read him better than Beck could. It saw the way his eyes dilated looking at her, picked up on his nervousness and protectiveness and it WANTED him. A hundred thousand cells in Maeve's body were plotting this boys downfall with out her even having a clue.

Maeve took Jason's hand in both of hers. Her hands seemed so tiny, but it was a detail she didn't even notice. Tears were threatening to fall, so she closed her eyes. She laid her head against his hand, her face hidden by her hair that fell around their hands like a curtain. It only lasted a few seconds.

Someone cleared their throat behind them, and Maeve jolted up, snatching her hands away and shoving them into her pockets. Her cheeks burned a bright red. She fixed her hair, turning to see Beck and Aya.

The winged boy, who Maeve noticed now had ears, leaned to Aya and whispered very loudly, "See? I TOLD you they were up to something scandalous."

@fayestar
Beck sighed as Aya scratched his ears, but tried to hide it. Bad enough he had the creepy things, better not start acting like a puppy. He helped her to her feet. "Yeah, who knows what Jason and the new girl could be getting up to." He winked. "Something much more scandalous than a boy alone with a girl in the girls locker room, right?" He laughed.

---

Maeve saw it, the fear in his eyes. It may have only lasted a second, but in that moment that it flashed by, it seared itself into Maeve's memory. It was the same look her father gave her, which was a thousand times worse than the hateful glares from her stepmother.

She would have to be careful. The evil, guttural instinct hard wired into Maeve's DNA knew Jason's feelings for her. The Kelpie DNA could read him better than Beck could. It saw the way his eyes dilated looking at her, picked up on his nervousness and protectiveness and it WANTED him. A hundred thousand cells in Maeve's body were plotting this boys downfall with out her even having a clue.

Maeve took Jason's hand in both of hers. Her hands seemed so tiny, but it was a detail she didn't even notice. Tears were threatening to fall, so she closed her eyes. She laid her head against his hand, her face hidden by her hair that fell around their hands like a curtain. It only lasted a few seconds.

Someone cleared their throat behind them, and Maeve jolted up, snatching her hands away and shoving them into her pockets. Her cheeks burned a bright red. She fixed her hair, turning to see Beck and Aya.

The winged boy, who Maeve noticed now had ears, leaned to Aya and whispered very loudly, "See? I TOLD you they were up to something scandalous."

@fayestar
@GiftOfArtemis

Ayala's face turn one thousand shades redder when Beck pointed out they were together in the ladies locker room. What would everyone think if they knew about it? Nothing Aya wished to be teased about. Gosh, she hadn't even kissed a boy, let alone do something scandalous. She tried to calm herself as they strode to the cafeteria. Ah, this was so unfair. Beckham always teased her like this. A hand was brought up to stroke her hair. She didn't have her hat! She couldn't go in there without one. But there was no time to get one now, or she would have to skip lunch.

She brushed her bangs lower, in an attempt to cover the mark. They entered the lunch room while she finished. When she looked up, she wished they hadn't intruded. And Beckham continued to make jokes about it. The two had been sharing a tender moment. Aya rolled her eyes still trying to lower the temperature of her own face. "I...I'm going to g-get my food be-before it's gone." And she did just that.

She felt several pairs of eyes watching her as she made her way toward the food. Again her eyes remained fixed on the ground, no hat, no way to cover the mark. And the whole school could see just how odd it looked. Her food was soon gotten, and she turned to make her way back. Maybe too soon. Her feet got slightly tangled, making her begin to fall forward.

--

Jason had been about to reach out and touch her cheek with his free hand. But he could see someone approaching out of the corner of his eye. Beck and Aya. Where had they been? He kept his focus on the girl in front of him though. Just before she had closed her eyes small tears had begun to form at the corners of her eyes. She was upset. He smiled as he watched her. Not in a millennium would he ever think of leaving or hurting her. He wouldn't fear. There was no reason to. She wasn't plotting his death because she wanted to, it was just her nature.

She suddenly jolted up as Beck cleared his throat. His hand felt cold now, empty. He slowly pulled his hand back and began eating as if nothing happened. However, the comment of scandalous seemed a little much. He and Maeve were at least in public and doing that. Where had Aya and Beck been hiding? A smirk crossed his lips, as a response formed in his throat. "Scandalous? Us? No I think you were imagining things." He nodded as Aya made her way to the food. Her face had been a little pinker than usual. Hah, the perfect jab. "If you want scandalous, go look in the mirror. You and Aya have been missing for the past half hour. Ayala's face is flushed. And you are accusing us of being scandalous?" Jason folded his alarms over his chest. There wouldn't be a way to deny this one. Part of him doubted anything happened, Ayala would probably pass out if Beck got that close. But who knew? They were gone with ample amount of time to do nearly anything.
@GiftOfArtemis

Ayala's face turn one thousand shades redder when Beck pointed out they were together in the ladies locker room. What would everyone think if they knew about it? Nothing Aya wished to be teased about. Gosh, she hadn't even kissed a boy, let alone do something scandalous. She tried to calm herself as they strode to the cafeteria. Ah, this was so unfair. Beckham always teased her like this. A hand was brought up to stroke her hair. She didn't have her hat! She couldn't go in there without one. But there was no time to get one now, or she would have to skip lunch.

She brushed her bangs lower, in an attempt to cover the mark. They entered the lunch room while she finished. When she looked up, she wished they hadn't intruded. And Beckham continued to make jokes about it. The two had been sharing a tender moment. Aya rolled her eyes still trying to lower the temperature of her own face. "I...I'm going to g-get my food be-before it's gone." And she did just that.

She felt several pairs of eyes watching her as she made her way toward the food. Again her eyes remained fixed on the ground, no hat, no way to cover the mark. And the whole school could see just how odd it looked. Her food was soon gotten, and she turned to make her way back. Maybe too soon. Her feet got slightly tangled, making her begin to fall forward.

--

Jason had been about to reach out and touch her cheek with his free hand. But he could see someone approaching out of the corner of his eye. Beck and Aya. Where had they been? He kept his focus on the girl in front of him though. Just before she had closed her eyes small tears had begun to form at the corners of her eyes. She was upset. He smiled as he watched her. Not in a millennium would he ever think of leaving or hurting her. He wouldn't fear. There was no reason to. She wasn't plotting his death because she wanted to, it was just her nature.

She suddenly jolted up as Beck cleared his throat. His hand felt cold now, empty. He slowly pulled his hand back and began eating as if nothing happened. However, the comment of scandalous seemed a little much. He and Maeve were at least in public and doing that. Where had Aya and Beck been hiding? A smirk crossed his lips, as a response formed in his throat. "Scandalous? Us? No I think you were imagining things." He nodded as Aya made her way to the food. Her face had been a little pinker than usual. Hah, the perfect jab. "If you want scandalous, go look in the mirror. You and Aya have been missing for the past half hour. Ayala's face is flushed. And you are accusing us of being scandalous?" Jason folded his alarms over his chest. There wouldn't be a way to deny this one. Part of him doubted anything happened, Ayala would probably pass out if Beck got that close. But who knew? They were gone with ample amount of time to do nearly anything.
"Wouldn't you want to know." Beck smirked at Jason. "You're just jealous that with these bad boys" Beck fondled his new ears. "I'll be winning all the ladies out from under you. Watch out, Maeve." Beck winked. Maeve rolled her eyes.

Suddenly, Beck was picking up waves on panic from Aya. His speed kicked in like a second nature and he ran. Aya was falling. Beck was a blur.

Beck used one hand to sweep her up, steadying her against his body. He other hand snapped out, catching his food. He straitened her up, handing her her food. "Doc, what's all the panic about? You almost fell."

Maeve laughed, eyeing Jason. "I don't think they were up to anything." She got up and put her tray away, clearing her trash.

Beck got his food after making sure Aya was steady, walking with Aya to the table with Jason and Maeve. He sat down, eating quickly. He barely even tasted his sandwich.

"What class do you have next, Maeve?" He asked, munching on some chips.

"English. Then science and last is art." She said.

"I've got science next. And you have art last? So do I, sweet!" He smiled. "I'm normally all alone in there." He leaned in, pretending to whisper. "Finally, we can be alone and you can tell me about all the scandalous things you and Jason have been up to."

Maeve blushed again. The bell was getting ready to ring.

@fayestar
"Wouldn't you want to know." Beck smirked at Jason. "You're just jealous that with these bad boys" Beck fondled his new ears. "I'll be winning all the ladies out from under you. Watch out, Maeve." Beck winked. Maeve rolled her eyes.

Suddenly, Beck was picking up waves on panic from Aya. His speed kicked in like a second nature and he ran. Aya was falling. Beck was a blur.

Beck used one hand to sweep her up, steadying her against his body. He other hand snapped out, catching his food. He straitened her up, handing her her food. "Doc, what's all the panic about? You almost fell."

Maeve laughed, eyeing Jason. "I don't think they were up to anything." She got up and put her tray away, clearing her trash.

Beck got his food after making sure Aya was steady, walking with Aya to the table with Jason and Maeve. He sat down, eating quickly. He barely even tasted his sandwich.

"What class do you have next, Maeve?" He asked, munching on some chips.

"English. Then science and last is art." She said.

"I've got science next. And you have art last? So do I, sweet!" He smiled. "I'm normally all alone in there." He leaned in, pretending to whisper. "Finally, we can be alone and you can tell me about all the scandalous things you and Jason have been up to."

Maeve blushed again. The bell was getting ready to ring.

@fayestar
@GiftOfArtemis

"As if." Jason muttered under his breath. It wasn't like Jason had ever been popular with the girls in the first place. He smirked when Beck's wink was met with a roll of Maeve's eyes. Hah, there would be one girl Beck would never be allowed to have. He nodded in agreement as Maeve spoke. "I don't think anything would have happened either. It was just fun to point out. Ayala would have been a smiling idiot if something did. He probably just teased her a bit."

--

Ayala sighed as she felt herself be caught. Thank goodness Beck had gotten there in time. She felt dozens of eyes on her as she was set up right. Why did they all feel the need to stare? Again she looked down, "I'm sorry. J-just nervous I g-guess."

"Th-that's r-right, B-beckham. Sh-she's n-nervous." Laughter erupted from the table that the selkies were sitting. Another voice soon joined, an male this time, the same hyppogriff that had poured milk on Maeve.
"Don't be frightened, dear Aya. I won't let them hurt you." Annabelle and Garrett. Boyfriend and girlfriend, the two most popular at school. Garrett had merged into that by dating Annabelle, though nnone were quite sure how that happened. Some say he had blackmailed her to do it. But now they were the ones who made the less fortunate suffer.
" B-but Be-beckham. I-I'm u-ugly, a-and s-stupid. P-pity m-me, pl-please."
Garrett snickered, "But Ayala, you are absolutely....right." A sadistic smile spread over his lips as he made sure the whole school could hear. "You'll never be worth the gum under the desks. Just go out and hang yourself for all I care. You're the last of your kind, and no one needs you."

Even more looks were given to Ayala as she walked back to the table Jason and Maeve were sitting at. She didn't raise her eyes as she quietly ate. Maybe they were right, she and the nurse could be the last of their kind. But she knew Beckham would never leave her side, they were bound together by fate. A bond not easily broken. She soon decided to try joining the conversation. "I have science as well, you should have plenty of company in all your classes then."

Jason nodded, "She's right, Maeve. You'll have some friendly company for your classes. But don't let Beck teach you how to be a delinquent. I expect good grades from the ladies. Or there will be tutoring sessions for you both."
@GiftOfArtemis

"As if." Jason muttered under his breath. It wasn't like Jason had ever been popular with the girls in the first place. He smirked when Beck's wink was met with a roll of Maeve's eyes. Hah, there would be one girl Beck would never be allowed to have. He nodded in agreement as Maeve spoke. "I don't think anything would have happened either. It was just fun to point out. Ayala would have been a smiling idiot if something did. He probably just teased her a bit."

--

Ayala sighed as she felt herself be caught. Thank goodness Beck had gotten there in time. She felt dozens of eyes on her as she was set up right. Why did they all feel the need to stare? Again she looked down, "I'm sorry. J-just nervous I g-guess."

"Th-that's r-right, B-beckham. Sh-she's n-nervous." Laughter erupted from the table that the selkies were sitting. Another voice soon joined, an male this time, the same hyppogriff that had poured milk on Maeve.
"Don't be frightened, dear Aya. I won't let them hurt you." Annabelle and Garrett. Boyfriend and girlfriend, the two most popular at school. Garrett had merged into that by dating Annabelle, though nnone were quite sure how that happened. Some say he had blackmailed her to do it. But now they were the ones who made the less fortunate suffer.
" B-but Be-beckham. I-I'm u-ugly, a-and s-stupid. P-pity m-me, pl-please."
Garrett snickered, "But Ayala, you are absolutely....right." A sadistic smile spread over his lips as he made sure the whole school could hear. "You'll never be worth the gum under the desks. Just go out and hang yourself for all I care. You're the last of your kind, and no one needs you."

Even more looks were given to Ayala as she walked back to the table Jason and Maeve were sitting at. She didn't raise her eyes as she quietly ate. Maybe they were right, she and the nurse could be the last of their kind. But she knew Beckham would never leave her side, they were bound together by fate. A bond not easily broken. She soon decided to try joining the conversation. "I have science as well, you should have plenty of company in all your classes then."

Jason nodded, "She's right, Maeve. You'll have some friendly company for your classes. But don't let Beck teach you how to be a delinquent. I expect good grades from the ladies. Or there will be tutoring sessions for you both."
Maeve watched the teasing go down. "Is that the same boy who spilled milk on me?" She asked Jason in a whisper.

Beckhams tried to tolerate Garrett and Annabelle's teasing. He simply smiled at them as he helped Aya to her seat. He hd figured that would be the end of it. No response bored the bullies right? Wrong.

Beck watched, his fists clenching and unclenching under the table as Annabelle removed her scarf and climbed up onto the table behind them. Garrett tied it into a sloppy noose and pretended to hand Annabelle with it. Annabelle closed her eyes and stuck her tongue out dramatically.

Beck closed his eyes, standing. "If you'll excuse me for a moment."

Beck imagined a horrific scene. A wolf, black with red eyes, sharp fangs coated in blood and bits of flesh. He flashed it in Garrett's memory. The boy fell off the table. He grabbed Annabelle, bringing her with him as he fell. She gasped. Beck was there, a blur of lightning speed to catch her. Garret continued to tumble to the floor.

Annabelle seemed to forget where she was. She smiled up at Beck, dumbfounded that the hottest boy at school was holding her in his arms. He sat her up. She was coming too, trying to hide her starstruck face. Beck leaned in closer, lifting her chin like he was going to kiss her.

"Annabelle, dearest. I know your better than this. Dating that performing monkey? Come on." He dropped her face, moving backwards and crossing his arms. "Oh wait, that's right." Beck reached in his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of notebook paper. It was written in pink gel pen and had a lipstick smear on the bottom. He turned it so everyone could see. "It was to make a certain cynogriffin jealous, wasn't it?."

Annabelle tried to snatch the paper, but Beck moved back in time. "Dear Beckham." He cleared his throat. "Today Garrett asked me out and I realized, the person I really want to be with is you." Beck climbed onto the table as Annabelle tried to take the paper again. "Together we could be the most popular couple at school." He smiled sweetly, batting his eyelashes at the students who's table he stood on. The began to giggle. They all knew how Annabelle felt about Beck, it wasn't even hard for him to try to sell it. "Hush!" He laughed, putting his finger to his lips and looking at all of them. "This is my favorite part 'check here for yes. Check her for yes as well."

He turned the paper around, showing everyone. "I had to make my own box for no!" Annabelle scowled and Beck tossed the paper to Garrett. He jumped, landing back on the table with Jason and Aya. He kneeled down, right in front of Aya, lifting her face and kissing her lightly, right on her Star of David. "I'd rather stand by the shy, kind, beautiful 'jewnicorn' that the social butterfly with a heart full of venom."

Beck stood back up, facing the group of bullies again. "I'll tell you this one time. I hope youre listening." You could see Becks teeth grow to sharp fangs as he spoke. "I won't tolerate the bullying any longer. The next time" he narrowed his eyes, all joking gone. This was a side of Beck no one saw. "I won't be friendly."

Then the bell rang.

@fayestar
Maeve watched the teasing go down. "Is that the same boy who spilled milk on me?" She asked Jason in a whisper.

Beckhams tried to tolerate Garrett and Annabelle's teasing. He simply smiled at them as he helped Aya to her seat. He hd figured that would be the end of it. No response bored the bullies right? Wrong.

Beck watched, his fists clenching and unclenching under the table as Annabelle removed her scarf and climbed up onto the table behind them. Garrett tied it into a sloppy noose and pretended to hand Annabelle with it. Annabelle closed her eyes and stuck her tongue out dramatically.

Beck closed his eyes, standing. "If you'll excuse me for a moment."

Beck imagined a horrific scene. A wolf, black with red eyes, sharp fangs coated in blood and bits of flesh. He flashed it in Garrett's memory. The boy fell off the table. He grabbed Annabelle, bringing her with him as he fell. She gasped. Beck was there, a blur of lightning speed to catch her. Garret continued to tumble to the floor.

Annabelle seemed to forget where she was. She smiled up at Beck, dumbfounded that the hottest boy at school was holding her in his arms. He sat her up. She was coming too, trying to hide her starstruck face. Beck leaned in closer, lifting her chin like he was going to kiss her.

"Annabelle, dearest. I know your better than this. Dating that performing monkey? Come on." He dropped her face, moving backwards and crossing his arms. "Oh wait, that's right." Beck reached in his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of notebook paper. It was written in pink gel pen and had a lipstick smear on the bottom. He turned it so everyone could see. "It was to make a certain cynogriffin jealous, wasn't it?."

Annabelle tried to snatch the paper, but Beck moved back in time. "Dear Beckham." He cleared his throat. "Today Garrett asked me out and I realized, the person I really want to be with is you." Beck climbed onto the table as Annabelle tried to take the paper again. "Together we could be the most popular couple at school." He smiled sweetly, batting his eyelashes at the students who's table he stood on. The began to giggle. They all knew how Annabelle felt about Beck, it wasn't even hard for him to try to sell it. "Hush!" He laughed, putting his finger to his lips and looking at all of them. "This is my favorite part 'check here for yes. Check her for yes as well."

He turned the paper around, showing everyone. "I had to make my own box for no!" Annabelle scowled and Beck tossed the paper to Garrett. He jumped, landing back on the table with Jason and Aya. He kneeled down, right in front of Aya, lifting her face and kissing her lightly, right on her Star of David. "I'd rather stand by the shy, kind, beautiful 'jewnicorn' that the social butterfly with a heart full of venom."

Beck stood back up, facing the group of bullies again. "I'll tell you this one time. I hope youre listening." You could see Becks teeth grow to sharp fangs as he spoke. "I won't tolerate the bullying any longer. The next time" he narrowed his eyes, all joking gone. This was a side of Beck no one saw. "I won't be friendly."

Then the bell rang.

@fayestar
@GiftOfArtemis

Jason gritted his teeth as this all went on, he merely nodded to answer Maeve's question. These two didn't know when to stop did they? He clenched and unclenched his fists as the rested on the table, causing the palms of his hands to bleed slightly from his claws. He could see Beck struggling to keep his temper as well. Jason stood loudly as they performed Aya's death scene. However it appeared that Beck had snapped first. Jason watched his friend defend Ayala brilliantly. They deserved every bit of the berating they got. Even the teachers didn't interfere.

Ayala had her back to the bullies, she couldn't see what they were doing. What she could see was Jason and Beckham getting upset. What was happening? The comments were part of a daily ritual. She pivoted in her seat to catch the last glimpse of the death scene. Her stomach churned, she wasn't hungry any more. Did they really need to go that far. Surely they couldn't be all that bad. Suddenly the boy, Garrett, fell. Her gaze switched over to Beckham who was already on his way to their table. Beckham, no! It's all right, they haven't hurt me.

Sure that may have been a lie, but she really didn't want to see Beck get into any trouble just for defending her. Her eyes nervously looked around at the few teachers who took their break here. Oh please don't let him get onto trouble. He seemed to be winding down now, and was walking back to her. Ayala's face began to heat up as he knelt beside her. What was he doing? Her eyes went wide as his lips pressed against the rough mark on her forehead. His words warmed her heart, healing the undeserved scars she had gathered from the constant teasing. She was beautiful in his eyes, and that was all that mattered. The ringing of the bell signaled the end of lunch. She stood biting her lip as she threw away her trash. As she returned, her arms wrapped around Beck's middle in a small hug. Thank you...

Jason stood and clapped a hand over Beck's shoulder. " That was the best speech in school history. Just don't let Aya down, I'll be your executioner if you do." Jason smiled with a wink, he figured Beck would never even think about disappointing Aya. He waited for Maeve to get up before leading the way to her next class. Before he left he called back to the embracing couple. "Let me know when I can expect to be an uncle." Definitely would not happen in a while, but it would make Ayala blush.

And blush she did. Ayala also let go of Beckham before stepping away quickly. Did Jason really think they would do that? She got even more red the more she pondered the question. They weren't even finished with high school yet!

--

Faye had indeed won the climbing challenge, and now carried an extra ten dollars in her pocket. It had been a fair win. She was feeling on top of the world once more. Ah, it was good to be a girl. Sometimes she wasn't so sure. Now she rushed to graphics her books and get to class.
@GiftOfArtemis

Jason gritted his teeth as this all went on, he merely nodded to answer Maeve's question. These two didn't know when to stop did they? He clenched and unclenched his fists as the rested on the table, causing the palms of his hands to bleed slightly from his claws. He could see Beck struggling to keep his temper as well. Jason stood loudly as they performed Aya's death scene. However it appeared that Beck had snapped first. Jason watched his friend defend Ayala brilliantly. They deserved every bit of the berating they got. Even the teachers didn't interfere.

Ayala had her back to the bullies, she couldn't see what they were doing. What she could see was Jason and Beckham getting upset. What was happening? The comments were part of a daily ritual. She pivoted in her seat to catch the last glimpse of the death scene. Her stomach churned, she wasn't hungry any more. Did they really need to go that far. Surely they couldn't be all that bad. Suddenly the boy, Garrett, fell. Her gaze switched over to Beckham who was already on his way to their table. Beckham, no! It's all right, they haven't hurt me.

Sure that may have been a lie, but she really didn't want to see Beck get into any trouble just for defending her. Her eyes nervously looked around at the few teachers who took their break here. Oh please don't let him get onto trouble. He seemed to be winding down now, and was walking back to her. Ayala's face began to heat up as he knelt beside her. What was he doing? Her eyes went wide as his lips pressed against the rough mark on her forehead. His words warmed her heart, healing the undeserved scars she had gathered from the constant teasing. She was beautiful in his eyes, and that was all that mattered. The ringing of the bell signaled the end of lunch. She stood biting her lip as she threw away her trash. As she returned, her arms wrapped around Beck's middle in a small hug. Thank you...

Jason stood and clapped a hand over Beck's shoulder. " That was the best speech in school history. Just don't let Aya down, I'll be your executioner if you do." Jason smiled with a wink, he figured Beck would never even think about disappointing Aya. He waited for Maeve to get up before leading the way to her next class. Before he left he called back to the embracing couple. "Let me know when I can expect to be an uncle." Definitely would not happen in a while, but it would make Ayala blush.

And blush she did. Ayala also let go of Beckham before stepping away quickly. Did Jason really think they would do that? She got even more red the more she pondered the question. They weren't even finished with high school yet!

--

Faye had indeed won the climbing challenge, and now carried an extra ten dollars in her pocket. It had been a fair win. She was feeling on top of the world once more. Ah, it was good to be a girl. Sometimes she wasn't so sure. Now she rushed to graphics her books and get to class.
@GiftOfArtemis

bump
@GiftOfArtemis

bump
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8