Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [FF 2023] Cooking with Gordon [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 32
[b]Challenge 2[/b] A southern US classic food that I will always recommend is Chicken and Dumplings. It was my favorite Sunday dinner/holiday meal. It can be super flavorful although some people's recipes would make you think otherwise ( Like certain restaurant chains, *cough* cracker barrel *cough* ) I prefer the dumplings thinner and denser vs fluffy and biscuit-like. [img]https://images-gmi-pmc.edge-generalmills.com/ad4a9c8c-c4bd-47e9-bb79-b536fb69002e.jpg[/img]
Challenge 2

A southern US classic food that I will always recommend is Chicken and Dumplings. It was my favorite Sunday dinner/holiday meal. It can be super flavorful although some people's recipes would make you think otherwise ( Like certain restaurant chains, *cough* cracker barrel *cough* )

I prefer the dumplings thinner and denser vs fluffy and biscuit-like.

ad4a9c8c-c4bd-47e9-bb79-b536fb69002e.jpg
MUOEd1W.png
Forums I Run

Official Shadow Subspecies Hub: IF | OOF
FR Deity Memes | Food Exchange
W.I.P Lore | Dragon Pen Pals | Art | More..

She/They | FR+ 3 | English | ID: 208844
UeqWADf.png
Challenge 2:

I don't know if it really counts, but something that was pretty huge where I grew up was fried oreos. Which is oreos that have been dipped in batter and then deep fried. They taste amazing and I love them so much
Challenge 2:

I don't know if it really counts, but something that was pretty huge where I grew up was fried oreos. Which is oreos that have been dipped in batter and then deep fried. They taste amazing and I love them so much
Challenge 2:

Lobster rolls! While not innately native to the area, the version found here includes spinach!

It's a simple recipe, where a lobster and mayonnaise salad with finely-chopped celery is placed in a hotdog bun. The sandwich itself is served cold, but may be served with hot lemon butter for dipping.
Challenge 2:

Lobster rolls! While not innately native to the area, the version found here includes spinach!

It's a simple recipe, where a lobster and mayonnaise salad with finely-chopped celery is placed in a hotdog bun. The sandwich itself is served cold, but may be served with hot lemon butter for dipping.
deseczka2.png
@CelesticLeo oh boy this does look tasty and im sure my husband would love it! do you mind sending me a good recipe for it? <3
@CelesticLeo oh boy this does look tasty and im sure my husband would love it! do you mind sending me a good recipe for it? <3
064062fb0eda9ce47da163f09b6440636ea3fb30.png tumblr_b8c67bd74ddef8ea00d2d2de2acaf6a4_8484e185_250.png
Challenge 2:

After moving further into the country and away from the "big city" my "regional foods" are lacking. We have scrapple, which isn't exactly "regional," but it is something that's significantly harder to find out of my area. We also have a "cotton candy burger," which is exactly as it sounds.. haven't gotten around to trying it because the place that sells them is a little out of the way, but I'm curious about it ^^//
Challenge 2:

After moving further into the country and away from the "big city" my "regional foods" are lacking. We have scrapple, which isn't exactly "regional," but it is something that's significantly harder to find out of my area. We also have a "cotton candy burger," which is exactly as it sounds.. haven't gotten around to trying it because the place that sells them is a little out of the way, but I'm curious about it ^^//
Left a like for Finn (I already liked Gordon last time I played) [img]https://i.imgur.com/7LAmJ4N.png[/img] And where I live now, we have a very particular version of "chicken pot pie" that is a very loose description of "pie" but is still pretty tasty [img]https://i0.wp.com/prettylittleapron.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/chickenpotpie2.jpg?w=600&ssl=1.png[/img]
Left a like for Finn (I already liked Gordon last time I played)

7LAmJ4N.png

And where I live now, we have a very particular version of "chicken pot pie" that is a very loose description of "pie" but is still pretty tasty

chickenpotpie2.jpg?w=600&ssl=1.png
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
I'd also like to be on the daily pinglist and the future events pinglist!
I'd also like to be on the daily pinglist and the future events pinglist!
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
Challenge 2:

One of the traditional foods in Taiwan is beef noodle soup! It's basically Asian-style noodles in beef broth, usually with some vegetables and chunks of beef. There are various variations on the broth, I like the ones that include tomato the most. You can get it lots of places, and most of the time I enjoy it as long as the beef flavor is strong enough.
Challenge 2:

One of the traditional foods in Taiwan is beef noodle soup! It's basically Asian-style noodles in beef broth, usually with some vegetables and chunks of beef. There are various variations on the broth, I like the ones that include tomato the most. You can get it lots of places, and most of the time I enjoy it as long as the beef flavor is strong enough.
deseczka2.png
Challenge 2

Maple! Maple is a big thing in our area, so we have maple syrup items locally. Syrup, hard candies, pops, cotton candy, anything a sweet tooth might want!

Challenge 2

Maple! Maple is a big thing in our area, so we have maple syrup items locally. Syrup, hard candies, pops, cotton candy, anything a sweet tooth might want!

s0RMySq.gifB17-L.pngPVOi09x.pngybAHpix.pngbisexual-1.jpggayyy2.pngSapphic.pngB17-R.pngNIdUF6j.pngT31.pngkFLe76I.png
Sh8L.png
[b]Challenge 2:[/b] I don't actually know if this is regional food or not (and I'm too scared to google lol) but my parents love it, I love it, and you know what, I think I'll ask if we can make it this weekend. Haven't eaten it in a while. It's very hearty food, very good for colder afternoons. Can I -looks at Gordon- can I share the receipt? This is [i]the[/i] opportunity, right? I'm gonna share the receipt. Enough food for three people for two days! --------- Potato stew with sausage dumplings 800 g potatoes 300 g carrots 1 onion 4 tablespoons oil 0,7 l vegetable broth 6 coarse unbroiled sausages (together approx. 600 g) 1 cup of whipped cream salt pepper parsley Peel potatoes and cut into pieces. Peel carrots and cut into slices. Peel and finely dice onions and sauté in 2 tablespoons of oil in a pot until it turns translucent. Add potatoes and carrots, deglaze with broth, cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, press sausage meat piece by piece from the skin into the hot fat and fry until crumbly. Add cream and season with salt and pepper. Add the sausage meat to the stew, wash and pluck the parsley, sprinkle over the stew and serve.[emoji=gold star size=1] ---------- Bad quality photo from my cooking book: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1060196850633814016/1143562495970246676/4923f1b7-1e22-44f0-a9e0-748f80aa5d3c.png[/img]
Challenge 2:

I don't actually know if this is regional food or not (and I'm too scared to google lol) but my parents love it, I love it, and you know what, I think I'll ask if we can make it this weekend. Haven't eaten it in a while.

It's very hearty food, very good for colder afternoons. Can I -looks at Gordon- can I share the receipt? This is the opportunity, right? I'm gonna share the receipt.

Enough food for three people for two days!

Potato stew with sausage dumplings

800 g potatoes
300 g carrots
1 onion
4 tablespoons oil
0,7 l vegetable broth
6 coarse unbroiled sausages (together approx. 600 g)
1 cup of whipped cream
salt
pepper
parsley

Peel potatoes and cut into pieces. Peel carrots and cut into slices. Peel and finely dice onions and sauté in 2 tablespoons of oil in a pot until it turns translucent. Add potatoes and carrots, deglaze with broth, cover and cook for about 20 minutes.

Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, press sausage meat piece by piece from the skin into the hot fat and fry until crumbly.

Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
Add the sausage meat to the stew, wash and pluck the parsley, sprinkle over the stew and serve.

Bad quality photo from my cooking book:

4923f1b7-1e22-44f0-a9e0-748f80aa5d3c.png
TtDHGE5.png:)

.Inky
.she/her
.FR.+.9

_
Div-end-6x6.png
Div-V-simple-part-6.png
Div-V-simple-part-6.png
Div-V-simple-part-6.png
fYEQrk3.png