Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Warrior's Lore Leveling League (Prizes!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Cytus Rat and Leggo have roped me into this event. Seems like fun! I had a blast getting into this girl's character a bit. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75743033][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/609433206629859341/1008549806651740250/unknown.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=transparent]xxx[/color]Many of the maidens living in the Crystalline Cove of Karataina had suffered immensely throughout their lives; Ilakea was no exception to this rule. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]Born to a pair of nomadic mages as they travelled along the Southern Icefield, she was the spitting image of her mother. Those looks mixed with her naturally enchanting demeanour starkly contrasted the unglamourous lifestyle in which she had been born. Quickly, the young Ilakea became her parents' pride and joy; spoiling her rotten and showing her off to the masses. Beautiful, regal, pristine, elegant--those were only some of the words other travelling dragons would whisper when they beheld her. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]Looking back, she could see exactly why her sisters began to grow envious of the attention forced upon her. While they were made to earn their keep and train under their parents' guidance, Ilakea got left to her own devices. She remembered countless nights when they would come back late to the tent the three of them shared--battered and bruised from the day's work--while she had spent the day skimming the stalls of the closest markets. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]If her parents ever noticed the ever-growing rift between the three sisters, or if they had predicted the inevitable tragedy that was to come, neither showed any sign. She hoped they were as blissfully unaware as she had been. The thought of anything less was haunting. To be betrayed, wounded, and broken by a sibling is to be expected, at least in Ilakea's experience, but to have her parents knowingly allow it to happen? That seemed inconceivable. [center]???????????????????????????[/center] [color=transparent]xxx[/color]A chill ran down the young wildclaw's spine as she began her journey down the winding road, though not from the drop in temperature or the feeling of sacrilege merely treading on the road caused. It seemed that she had gotten lost in her memories again--an unfortunately common occurrence since leaving the cove. She paused her casual gait and took a moment to collect herself again. Something about the sinking feeling in her chest told her that the journey ahead would not allow for such useless worries. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]It took a lot of convincing to get her feet to start moving again. The task at hand was practically a death sentence. She was no warrior; she never had been and never would be. Anyone who had ever even glimpsed at her could tell that much. But did she not owe it to her coven--to herself even--to at least try? So, fueled by nothing but determination, spite and a sense of false hope, Ilakea willed herself to begin moving again. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]And then promptly stopped dead, a look of horror painted across her once-delicate face. She had been idly gazing upon the looming spire ahead when the voice had come out of nowhere. Part of her knew that looking around for its source would be futile, though she still wasted a few precious moments to glance around her surroundings. Her eyes locked on a scroll, gleaming in the sunlight, and beside it lay a weapon... of some sort. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]Stepping forward to grab the strange weapon, she was relieved to find that it seemed to fit her perfectly, almost as if it had been tailored to her exact needs. It was not bulky or hard to handle, nor did it seem too heavy to travel with. [center][i]“Welcome, aspiring warrior. Tell me your name, and answer me this... Is there something you hope to attain by the end of this journey?”[/i][/center] [color=transparent]xxx[/color]The disembodied voice started up again, just as startlingly as the first time. The pure aura of magic encasing her now terrified Ilakea to her core, yet, she felt compelled to answer. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]"I am referred to as Ilakea within my coven. You may call me whatever you see fit." She stammered. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]It seemed that despite her best attempts to remain eloquent as ever, the words that came out of her mouth were strained and sounded forced. There was no hiding the fear that seemed to be radiating off of her pale blue feathers. [color=transparent]xxx[/color]"And you wish to know what I hope to attain? That list is vast, and I do not believe we have the time to go over every item on it. Peace is the first thing that comes to mind--peace and forgivness."
@Cytus Rat and Leggo have roped me into this event. Seems like fun! I had a blast getting into this girl's character a bit.
unknown.png
xxxMany of the maidens living in the Crystalline Cove of Karataina had suffered immensely throughout their lives; Ilakea was no exception to this rule.
xxxBorn to a pair of nomadic mages as they travelled along the Southern Icefield, she was the spitting image of her mother. Those looks mixed with her naturally enchanting demeanour starkly contrasted the unglamourous lifestyle in which she had been born. Quickly, the young Ilakea became her parents' pride and joy; spoiling her rotten and showing her off to the masses. Beautiful, regal, pristine, elegant--those were only some of the words other travelling dragons would whisper when they beheld her.
xxxLooking back, she could see exactly why her sisters began to grow envious of the attention forced upon her. While they were made to earn their keep and train under their parents' guidance, Ilakea got left to her own devices. She remembered countless nights when they would come back late to the tent the three of them shared--battered and bruised from the day's work--while she had spent the day skimming the stalls of the closest markets.
xxxIf her parents ever noticed the ever-growing rift between the three sisters, or if they had predicted the inevitable tragedy that was to come, neither showed any sign. She hoped they were as blissfully unaware as she had been. The thought of anything less was haunting. To be betrayed, wounded, and broken by a sibling is to be expected, at least in Ilakea's experience, but to have her parents knowingly allow it to happen? That seemed inconceivable.
???????????????????????????
xxxA chill ran down the young wildclaw's spine as she began her journey down the winding road, though not from the drop in temperature or the feeling of sacrilege merely treading on the road caused. It seemed that she had gotten lost in her memories again--an unfortunately common occurrence since leaving the cove. She paused her casual gait and took a moment to collect herself again. Something about the sinking feeling in her chest told her that the journey ahead would not allow for such useless worries.
xxxIt took a lot of convincing to get her feet to start moving again. The task at hand was practically a death sentence. She was no warrior; she never had been and never would be. Anyone who had ever even glimpsed at her could tell that much. But did she not owe it to her coven--to herself even--to at least try? So, fueled by nothing but determination, spite and a sense of false hope, Ilakea willed herself to begin moving again.
xxxAnd then promptly stopped dead, a look of horror painted across her once-delicate face. She had been idly gazing upon the looming spire ahead when the voice had come out of nowhere. Part of her knew that looking around for its source would be futile, though she still wasted a few precious moments to glance around her surroundings. Her eyes locked on a scroll, gleaming in the sunlight, and beside it lay a weapon... of some sort.
xxxStepping forward to grab the strange weapon, she was relieved to find that it seemed to fit her perfectly, almost as if it had been tailored to her exact needs. It was not bulky or hard to handle, nor did it seem too heavy to travel with.
“Welcome, aspiring warrior. Tell me your name, and answer me this... Is there something you hope to attain by the end of this journey?”
xxxThe disembodied voice started up again, just as startlingly as the first time. The pure aura of magic encasing her now terrified Ilakea to her core, yet, she felt compelled to answer.
xxx"I am referred to as Ilakea within my coven. You may call me whatever you see fit." She stammered.
xxxIt seemed that despite her best attempts to remain eloquent as ever, the words that came out of her mouth were strained and sounded forced. There was no hiding the fear that seemed to be radiating off of her pale blue feathers.
xxx"And you wish to know what I hope to attain? That list is vast, and I do not believe we have the time to go over every item on it. Peace is the first thing that comes to mind--peace and forgivness."
Celestine xxxxxxxx
“There are times when the unseen can be even more dangerous than what our eyes behold.”
~ Erin Forbes
OrlEqVx.png
KnAzebe.png
mlHpBMC.png
WKtl2lb.png
"Is there an enemy you despise above all others?" [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79740184][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/797402/79740184_350.png[/img][/url] Hesperia takes this question into quiet account. They are a hateful creature, but their hate is usually indiscriminate. It would take a lot to change that. Their eyes suddenly light up then narrow as they recall a specific encounter, recent and fresh in their mind. "There are these purple frog bat things. I do not recall what they are called, but they are incredibly annoying. Their lives are not hard to stamp out once caught, but they are small and quick. They dodge my attacks and hinder my progress." Hesperia pauses, considering another idea. "It does make them all the more satisfying to kill" they muse.
"Is there an enemy you despise above all others?"

79740184_350.png

Hesperia takes this question into quiet account. They are a hateful creature, but their hate is usually indiscriminate. It would take a lot to change that.

Their eyes suddenly light up then narrow as they recall a specific encounter, recent and fresh in their mind.

"There are these purple frog bat things. I do not recall what they are called, but they are incredibly annoying. Their lives are not hard to stamp out once caught, but they are small and quick. They dodge my attacks and hinder my progress."

Hesperia pauses, considering another idea.

"It does make them all the more satisfying to kill" they muse.
any pronouns FR+0
@Freefire (Welcome, the more the merrier! Hope you enjoy this event, your entry has been confirmed!) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80058550][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/800586/80058550_350.png[/img][/url] [i]”Ilakea. I’ll remember your name. My own is irrelevant, so you need not ask for it. If you walk this path, however, you’ll know it eventually. Do not be afraid - it is not me that you need to cower before. There are worse tribulations on this path, and your own fear will be one of those. Should you prevail, you’ll overcome that, alongside many other things. I am timeless - though your triumphs in battle will tell me more than words ever can or could. That is not to say that blood is ink, but it does run much deeper. We are strangers now, but may we understand each other more deeply someday. Forgiveness. Many seek it, few find it. The wisest of us learn from it, both when it is offered and accepted. It is almost paradoxical, however, to seek peace in war. Still, I know better than to assume that it can’t be found. Even soldiers fight because they dream of such things. Sometimes, the only catharsis that can be gleaned is from battle, as they can be fought on levels other than physical ones. Go forth. You have something in mind, do you not? Reach out and grasp it. If you cannot see it, chase it. Your heart knows where your destination lies.”[/i][/center]
@Freefire

(Welcome, the more the merrier! Hope you enjoy this event, your entry has been confirmed!)
80058550_350.png

”Ilakea. I’ll remember your name. My own is irrelevant, so you need not ask for it. If you walk this path, however, you’ll know it eventually. Do not be afraid - it is not me that you need to cower before. There are worse tribulations on this path, and your own fear will be one of those. Should you prevail, you’ll overcome that, alongside many other things.

I am timeless - though your triumphs in battle will tell me more than words ever can or could. That is not to say that blood is ink, but it does run much deeper. We are strangers now, but may we understand each other more deeply someday.

Forgiveness. Many seek it, few find it. The wisest of us learn from it, both when it is offered and accepted. It is almost paradoxical, however, to seek peace in war. Still, I know better than to assume that it can’t be found. Even soldiers fight because they dream of such things. Sometimes, the only catharsis that can be gleaned is from battle, as they can be fought on levels other than physical ones.

Go forth. You have something in mind, do you not? Reach out and grasp it. If you cannot see it, chase it. Your heart knows where your destination lies.”
XOxv5KE.png
Lvl 10 (I had to take another players kid to lvl 25 last night so i got a bit behind) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78830246][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/788303/78830246_350.png[/img][/url] Mischief stumbles forward heads bowed. He knew that in learning to fight creatures, that he would have to hurt or even kill them in order to survive, yet he still felt the sorrow of life being taken. He had been told by the Clans warriors that it often took a different kind of strength to fight another creature yet he had brushed it off, thinking they were only attempting to dissuade him from taking up arms and learning to fight. Charm, one of the Clan's trainers had told him directly. "You are strong, and have always been so. It is a strength of heart and mind and that is much harder to teach. It takes strength to not fall into the despair of hatred and fear of others. More so, to take it upon ones self to protect those who had been like yourself. We can train your muscles, harden your intent and fortify your will, but you yourself must brace your soul against the sorrow of harming another. We mustn't become calloused to this pain, but embrace it so we may not become monsters ourselves." Mischief hadn't thought much of Charms words at the time but they haunted his minds now. As he tread across the ground a voice echoes around him. It was the same voice that he heard upon the start of his road. "How do you feel about the decision to embark on this road, now that you've taken it on?" Worries continued to resonate in his heads as he thought hard about what the voice had asked him. "I still think it was the right decision to make, though I will have to face these fears and worries that have come up. I knew going into this, that the road would not be easy. It would likely require much of me and that I must give what I can. I will not fall here, I will take my mentors words to heart and continue on."
Lvl 10 (I had to take another players kid to lvl 25 last night so i got a bit behind)

78830246_350.png

Mischief stumbles forward heads bowed. He knew that in learning to fight creatures, that he would have to hurt or even kill them in order to survive, yet he still felt the sorrow of life being taken. He had been told by the Clans warriors that it often took a different kind of strength to fight another creature yet he had brushed it off, thinking they were only attempting to dissuade him from taking up arms and learning to fight.

Charm, one of the Clan's trainers had told him directly. "You are strong, and have always been so. It is a strength of heart and mind and that is much harder to teach. It takes strength to not fall into the despair of hatred and fear of others. More so, to take it upon ones self to protect those who had been like yourself. We can train your muscles, harden your intent and fortify your will, but you yourself must brace your soul against the sorrow of harming another. We mustn't become calloused to this pain, but embrace it so we may not become monsters ourselves."

Mischief hadn't thought much of Charms words at the time but they haunted his minds now. As he tread across the ground a voice echoes around him. It was the same voice that he heard upon the start of his road.

"How do you feel about the decision to embark on this road, now that you've taken it on?"

Worries continued to resonate in his heads as he thought hard about what the voice had asked him. "I still think it was the right decision to make, though I will have to face these fears and worries that have come up. I knew going into this, that the road would not be easy. It would likely require much of me and that I must give what I can. I will not fall here, I will take my mentors words to heart and continue on."
[center][i][b]Lvl. 10[/b][/i][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76204381][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/751005090768486404/1007854181132017674/76204381_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]"What have you learned thus far from combat?"[/i] "That this world is truly... strange. In the best way i can mean it. Creatures truly give their all against opponents they have no hope in beating, and fall with a twisted smile gracing their faces. The void of this world calls their name like a song of love for all, and they willingly go to the sweetest of voices when it is time. Those who i have allied with are kind, opening their very clan to me, and it makes me wonder, was i wrong to stay along enveloped in this inky shadow for all these years?"
Lvl. 10
76204381_350.png

"What have you learned thus far from combat?"

"That this world is truly... strange. In the best way i can mean it. Creatures truly give their all against opponents they have no hope in beating, and fall with a twisted smile gracing their faces. The void of this world calls their name like a song of love for all, and they willingly go to the sweetest of voices when it is time. Those who i have allied with are kind, opening their very clan to me, and it makes me wonder, was i wrong to stay along enveloped in this inky shadow for all these years?"
YsjbxG8.pngA28Svy9.png
Done ;-; [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79899231][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/798993/79899231_350.png[/img][/url] [i]"You stand at the gates of the lighthouse. I remember your name." [/i] "Can't really forget you, you're really very striking!" Deidre said, pleased and punch and if there was a pun in her words, it was one she would stand by forever. She settles before him, lustrous mane combed free of brambles this time around. She is content. [i]"What is the most valuable lesson that combat has taught you?"[/i] "I was in a very different place when I started this journey. Thank you for seeing me through the start." She said. "It was more difficult than I expected it to be, but not for the reasons I expected it. The fighting was bad, in the middle especially more than the beginning, but the hardest part of all was getting back up. It was persevering. I think that's the most important lesson to learn. The most important part of working on anything that matters is keeping to it, even when your wrists ache and your back bows. It's keeping to it." [i]"You have spoken a most enlightening truth. There will only be a final question from me. Answer it as you see fit." "What does 'glory' mean?"[/i] "And that's why I say... Glory is rising again, even in the face of defeat. Thank you for having me."
Done ;-;

79899231_350.png

"You stand at the gates of the lighthouse. I remember your name."

"Can't really forget you, you're really very striking!" Deidre said, pleased and punch and if there was a pun in her words, it was one she would stand by forever. She settles before him, lustrous mane combed free of brambles this time around. She is content.

"What is the most valuable lesson that combat has taught you?"

"I was in a very different place when I started this journey. Thank you for seeing me through the start." She said. "It was more difficult than I expected it to be, but not for the reasons I expected it. The fighting was bad, in the middle especially more than the beginning, but the hardest part of all was getting back up. It was persevering. I think that's the most important lesson to learn. The most important part of working on anything that matters is keeping to it, even when your wrists ache and your back bows. It's keeping to it."

"You have spoken a most enlightening truth. There will only be a final question from me. Answer it as you see fit."

"What does 'glory' mean?"

"And that's why I say... Glory is rising again, even in the face of defeat. Thank you for having me."
GDNAFKM.pngja7LBPj.pngRIcFGhS.png
@hawketh (Congrats on being the first to cross the finish line! Your individual prize will come through in PMs shortly, thanks so much for partaking in my event!) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80058550][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/800586/80058550_350.png[/img][/url] [i]"Thank you. Though this is a form taken for convenience, and little more. I am, after all, not one of you. But I will always know dragonkind, because legends... They'll never leave their minds, even if it is one of bygone days." If it were even possible, the dragon appears to bear the dawn itself between their wings, the feathery appendages splayed upwards to clasp the sun. Their body glitters with metallic scales and incandescent feathers, the hues of which were brilliant enough to blind. And yet, they did not sear the one before them, for they were worthy. Even their glowering gaze appeared softer than usual - if a difference could even be discerned. "You were. And you've emerged anew, with a warrior's pride. I exist to set others forth on the path that few can tread. Your wings shall never melt. They are already ablaze. May they burn gloriously to the very end. You need not thank me. Instead, I thank you for having been far stronger than your own doubts."[/i][/center]
@hawketh

(Congrats on being the first to cross the finish line! Your individual prize will come through in PMs shortly, thanks so much for partaking in my event!)
80058550_350.png

"Thank you. Though this is a form taken for convenience, and little more. I am, after all, not one of you. But I will always know dragonkind, because legends... They'll never leave their minds, even if it is one of bygone days."

If it were even possible, the dragon appears to bear the dawn itself between their wings, the feathery appendages splayed upwards to clasp the sun. Their body glitters with metallic scales and incandescent feathers, the hues of which were brilliant enough to blind.

And yet, they did not sear the one before them, for they were worthy. Even their glowering gaze appeared softer than usual - if a difference could even be discerned.

"You were. And you've emerged anew, with a warrior's pride. I exist to set others forth on the path that few can tread. Your wings shall never melt. They are already ablaze. May they burn gloriously to the very end.

You need not thank me. Instead, I thank you for having been far stronger than your own doubts."
XOxv5KE.png
;-; This is so sweet thank you
;-; This is so sweet thank you
GDNAFKM.pngja7LBPj.pngRIcFGhS.png
@hawketh

Pretend I got the message sent on time

You're welcome, please enjoy! You'll be pinged if you win any additional prizes from the raffle o/
@hawketh

Pretend I got the message sent on time

You're welcome, please enjoy! You'll be pinged if you win any additional prizes from the raffle o/
XOxv5KE.png
@Cytus (fINALLY GOT AROUND TO SIGNING UP AUUUUUGH) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71957714][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/719578/71957714_350.png[/img][/url] [i]The grand wyrm lands soundlessly, chains wrung around her shoulders drape endlessly into starlit partials, her wings fading off into night. Her skulled head turns, single pinpricks of light peer down endlessly, like light devoured within the depths of the Shade's might. It tilts gently, feathers and rays of void light bellowing in the wind, watching, waiting for the gilded dragon to speak[/i] ”Welcome, aspiring warrior. Tell me your name, and answer me this… What motivates you to train? Or perhaps, is there a ‘who’ instead?” [i]Her tail twitches, wings pulled close as she mills over the question, jaw moving, voice seemingly whispering to the wind and fading before it rang out from the stars drifting from her limbs like the roar of a dying star and universe.[/i] [b]"A queer question, little one. There is no who, nor what, in a classical sense. We look towards the sky, when the planet turns its face from its star, and we see siblings dancing from planet to planet, gifting life, terraforming... destroying. We fell long ago, to here, wings cut in a rage of a sibling we had no intention to provoke to rage and violence. We thought it were a game... but a blade sunk too deep, and what was many fell to seven lone voices." [/b] [i]She pauses, a long and worn sigh ringing out as a million hands extended and formed shapes unknown, playing with them as if to calm her nerves, to push back old memories.[/i] [b]"We fight now, to train, to hone the blade that is our claws. Not for senseless violence, like two of our siblings, no.... We seek to train, to learn to protect, defend the one we harmed all those years ago, in a Garden who can not be described. We fell, from our place in the sky, torn asunder by Light and Flame and the birth of stars, and nearly drowned not in despair, but in the very thing that gives Life. And for days of the planet haling its dance, we floated... And it was by a hand of unwavering grace, from a mirror no larger than my own arm. Pulled up upon a float of ice as large as a city, and offered a home...."[/b] [i]The endless pinpricks of light vanish for a split moment, the wyrm growing still as she paused, gathering her words, the shadows making her body stilling and coalescing into the form of a Ridgeback. But starlight would not be rid of her so easily, and it fell from between the gaps within her scales[/i] [b]"And it is to that clan we owe all, our life, and our powers all so muted as they are.... We are Winno, the Winnower of the first garden, no longer does our blade reap the wheat that dies when the Sun turns its gaze... but turn its blade against those seeking harm against a peaceful city. We shall tear them asunder, but not before offering that same hand of unwavering grace that had saved ours not long ago. Our skills are that for a Garden of old, but to survive this game, one must be able to adapt... morph... and be able to Change their own fate..."[/b] [/center]
@Cytus
(fINALLY GOT AROUND TO SIGNING UP AUUUUUGH)
71957714_350.png
The grand wyrm lands soundlessly, chains wrung around her shoulders drape endlessly into starlit partials, her wings fading off into night. Her skulled head turns, single pinpricks of light peer down endlessly, like light devoured within the depths of the Shade's might. It tilts gently, feathers and rays of void light bellowing in the wind, watching, waiting for the gilded dragon to speak

”Welcome, aspiring warrior. Tell me your name, and answer me this… What motivates you to train? Or perhaps, is there a ‘who’ instead?”

Her tail twitches, wings pulled close as she mills over the question, jaw moving, voice seemingly whispering to the wind and fading before it rang out from the stars drifting from her limbs like the roar of a dying star and universe.

"A queer question, little one. There is no who, nor what, in a classical sense. We look towards the sky, when the planet turns its face from its star, and we see siblings dancing from planet to planet, gifting life, terraforming... destroying. We fell long ago, to here, wings cut in a rage of a sibling we had no intention to provoke to rage and violence. We thought it were a game... but a blade sunk too deep, and what was many fell to seven lone voices."

She pauses, a long and worn sigh ringing out as a million hands extended and formed shapes unknown, playing with them as if to calm her nerves, to push back old memories.

"We fight now, to train, to hone the blade that is our claws. Not for senseless violence, like two of our siblings, no.... We seek to train, to learn to protect, defend the one we harmed all those years ago, in a Garden who can not be described. We fell, from our place in the sky, torn asunder by Light and Flame and the birth of stars, and nearly drowned not in despair, but in the very thing that gives Life. And for days of the planet haling its dance, we floated... And it was by a hand of unwavering grace, from a mirror no larger than my own arm. Pulled up upon a float of ice as large as a city, and offered a home...."

The endless pinpricks of light vanish for a split moment, the wyrm growing still as she paused, gathering her words, the shadows making her body stilling and coalescing into the form of a Ridgeback. But starlight would not be rid of her so easily, and it fell from between the gaps within her scales

"And it is to that clan we owe all, our life, and our powers all so muted as they are.... We are Winno, the Winnower of the first garden, no longer does our blade reap the wheat that dies when the Sun turns its gaze... but turn its blade against those seeking harm against a peaceful city. We shall tear them asunder, but not before offering that same hand of unwavering grace that had saved ours not long ago. Our skills are that for a Garden of old, but to survive this game, one must be able to adapt... morph... and be able to Change their own fate..."
did you know that you know that once that did you every wonder know that wondering know knowledge yes?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10