Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Holiday raffle discussion/planning
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
@Ainsell @Storygeek

Greetings! You had both expressed some interest in a holiday raffle, so I thought I would create a thread where we could discuss things and share ideas.

In addition to my regular holiday and Night of the Nocturne raffle that I will be hosting in December, Storygeek was considering hosting a 12-Days of Christmas themed raffle on my thread. However, I think some ideas are still needed to fill in some gaps.

Storygeek - Perhaps you could explain what you have so far and where you are looking for inspiration?
@Ainsell @Storygeek

Greetings! You had both expressed some interest in a holiday raffle, so I thought I would create a thread where we could discuss things and share ideas.

In addition to my regular holiday and Night of the Nocturne raffle that I will be hosting in December, Storygeek was considering hosting a 12-Days of Christmas themed raffle on my thread. However, I think some ideas are still needed to fill in some gaps.

Storygeek - Perhaps you could explain what you have so far and where you are looking for inspiration?
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
TEAM & LINKS
@Storygeek @Juxta13 @Ainsell @gryphon982

Credit to (seemed like I should be keeping track...?):
THE TEAM: obvs!
Prize Donations (just in case we get any outside donations, too, I can name them here):
- Storygeek
- Juxta13
- Ainsell

Just going to list "the team" here so I can grab the pinglist conveniently. Feel free to do the same!

Quick Links to all the posts:

Link to Actual Raffle Thread

Preview Post Draft
Preview Post (posted)
Reminder Post
Entry Form
Prizes Post
Winners Post

First Day
Second Day
Third Day
Fourth Day
Fifth Day
Sixth Day
Seventh Day
Eighth Day
Ninth Day
Tenth Day
Eleventh Day
Twelfth Day
Grand Prize

Spreadsheet
Graphics & Artwork
Trinkets & Food
Raffle Mechanics

Update: All the deets have been moved to this thread. Right here.

Note Some of the dragons pictured are only scrys. I'm thinking that, in order to fend off the feeling of overwhelm I get when looking at that page, maybe I should designate some of the 12 days as non-dragon prizes...? I'm having trouble being decisive while working solo, so I'm hoping we can team up and collaborate and cook up something special!
TEAM & LINKS
@Storygeek @Juxta13 @Ainsell @gryphon982

Credit to (seemed like I should be keeping track...?):
THE TEAM: obvs!
Prize Donations (just in case we get any outside donations, too, I can name them here):
- Storygeek
- Juxta13
- Ainsell

Just going to list "the team" here so I can grab the pinglist conveniently. Feel free to do the same!

Quick Links to all the posts:

Link to Actual Raffle Thread

Preview Post Draft
Preview Post (posted)
Reminder Post
Entry Form
Prizes Post
Winners Post

First Day
Second Day
Third Day
Fourth Day
Fifth Day
Sixth Day
Seventh Day
Eighth Day
Ninth Day
Tenth Day
Eleventh Day
Twelfth Day
Grand Prize

Spreadsheet
Graphics & Artwork
Trinkets & Food
Raffle Mechanics

Update: All the deets have been moved to this thread. Right here.

Note Some of the dragons pictured are only scrys. I'm thinking that, in order to fend off the feeling of overwhelm I get when looking at that page, maybe I should designate some of the 12 days as non-dragon prizes...? I'm having trouble being decisive while working solo, so I'm hoping we can team up and collaborate and cook up something special!
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
oh, hey!! nice to meet you, @Storygeek! :) i've never run raffles on here before either, don't worry- we're both new on that particular scene. i've looked at the backend of a fair few of them, though, and i've been asking a lot of questions of different people to prep to run my own stuff, so hopefully i can bring some useful info as well!
as a note, i would definitely suggest trying to not only give out dragons as prizes- for example, there are a few references to birds in 12 days, and we have a surprising amount of bird-themed skincents, even just from fests/colis! a lot relies on the dragons being of interest to other people as well, and everyone has different tastes- having more general items can be a good boost to your level of interest :)
also i ask if i could help with a more general "holiday" than "christmas" aspect in these raffles but that's me and my standing ^^;; twelve days is solid, though! it looks like you're pulling a lot of good ideas from it.
edit: /just goes ahead and hits the follow button on this thread
oh, hey!! nice to meet you, @Storygeek! :) i've never run raffles on here before either, don't worry- we're both new on that particular scene. i've looked at the backend of a fair few of them, though, and i've been asking a lot of questions of different people to prep to run my own stuff, so hopefully i can bring some useful info as well!
as a note, i would definitely suggest trying to not only give out dragons as prizes- for example, there are a few references to birds in 12 days, and we have a surprising amount of bird-themed skincents, even just from fests/colis! a lot relies on the dragons being of interest to other people as well, and everyone has different tastes- having more general items can be a good boost to your level of interest :)
also i ask if i could help with a more general "holiday" than "christmas" aspect in these raffles but that's me and my standing ^^;; twelve days is solid, though! it looks like you're pulling a lot of good ideas from it.
edit: /just goes ahead and hits the follow button on this thread
1JiWKRV.png____nonAp0O.png________e9mzZkV.png
@Ainsell @Juxta13

I'm actually not a religious or commercial Christmas person either (I also like to give a hefty nod to the Winter Solstice), but...what was the hook? hmmm...I think just the realization that FR already had swans, hens, doves, etc. I was so disappointed when I realized the quail were not partridges! (Oh, and I already had 4 holiday looking dragons in my lair...)

So...I am going to move the information from Mistletoe's bio here. Maybe put one of the 12 days in its own post so I can consolidate the discussion that way...? I love to collaborate so please feel free! I prefer teamwork to dictatorship any day...! (ha)
@Ainsell @Juxta13

I'm actually not a religious or commercial Christmas person either (I also like to give a hefty nod to the Winter Solstice), but...what was the hook? hmmm...I think just the realization that FR already had swans, hens, doves, etc. I was so disappointed when I realized the quail were not partridges! (Oh, and I already had 4 holiday looking dragons in my lair...)

So...I am going to move the information from Mistletoe's bio here. Maybe put one of the 12 days in its own post so I can consolidate the discussion that way...? I love to collaborate so please feel free! I prefer teamwork to dictatorship any day...! (ha)
[center][b]First Day Notes: Partridge In A Pear Tree[/b] Dragon/Apparel/Food Prize:[/center] [quote=Partridge In A Pear Tree] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73496513][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/734966/73496513_350.png[/img][/url] Anjou and her little friend want to join your lair![/center] [center][item=friend cockatiel][item=bobwhite quail]X99[/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Entry] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]"On the 1st Day of Xmas my true love gave to me... A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!"[/b][/size][/color][/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Questions] [s]-----[/s] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]TODAY'S QUESTION(S):[/b][/size][/color][/center] [i]Choose one question to answer in order to be entered in today's raffle and the Grand Prize Raffle. You may answer both questions if you like![/i] [b]Question A:[/b] Does your lair have a fruit-based dragon? Share a picture and tell us about them! (You can use the Scrying Workshop.) [b]Question B:[/b] What's your favorite fruit? Share a picture or tell us about it! [center][i](Entries will be accepted until midnight tonight, FR time.)[/i][/center] [/quote] [quote=Winner Post] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]The "A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE" Winner is...[/b][/size] [size=6][b]WINNER'S NAME HERE![/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]CONGRATULATIONS![/b][/size][/color] [i](Prizes will be sent out by 1/8.)[/i][/center][/quote] [s]-----[/s] [center][b]Question for the Day:[/b][/center] "Our favorite fruit is the pear, for obvious reasons!" Ideas: - post a picture of a fruit-based dragon (lore optional) and tell us about them - tell us about your favorite fruit or post a photo of your favorite fruit [s]-----[/s] [center][b]DISCUSSION[/b][/center] Current AH Value: 453kt [b]Our Pear Tree needs a name: [/b] SG: I actually really like Anjou! I think we can offer to rename a dragon before sending. I have renaming scrolls for that. J13: I had a bit more trouble with pear. Searches kept coming back with pearl or spear. We could go with something like [b]Anjou[/b] (a variety of pear) or [b]Pyrus[/b] (the genus). [s]-----[/s] [center][b]ARCHIVE[/b][/center] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/734966/73496513.png[/img] Valley quail: 20 for HD slot Cost: 25000kt pus 1 gene change scroll(187kt +/-) [center]Breed: SKYDANCER Colors/Genes: Hickory-Brown Ripple/Shamrock-Emerald-Jungle Freckle/Yellow-Lemon Gembond [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1944410&skin=0&apparel=42112&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2047534&skin=0&apparel=42112&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] Question: Is this Scry a good "pear tree" scry? Is there a breed you think is preferable? Do you prefer male or female pose? Storygeek: In my observations, folks (sadly) sometimes pass by treasure genes as prizes in favor of gem genes. Should we take that into consideration?? [item=prickly pear][item=wasteland pear][item=irradiated pear] [i]Prickly Pears...[/i] [center]Possible Outfit: Leafy Gladeboughs, 700+G - ouch! [outfit=1717737][/center]
First Day Notes: Partridge In A Pear Tree

Dragon/Apparel/Food Prize:
Partridge In A Pear Tree wrote:
73496513_350.png
Anjou and her little friend want to join your lair!
Friend Cockatiel Bobwhite Quail X99
Daily Entry wrote:
"On the 1st Day of Xmas my true love gave to me...

A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!"
Daily Questions wrote:

TODAY'S QUESTION(S):
Choose one question to answer in order to be entered in today's raffle and the Grand Prize Raffle. You may answer both questions if you like!

Question A: Does your lair have a fruit-based dragon? Share a picture and tell us about them! (You can use the Scrying Workshop.)

Question B: What's your favorite fruit? Share a picture or tell us about it!
(Entries will be accepted until midnight tonight, FR time.)
Winner Post wrote:
The "A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE" Winner is...
WINNER'S NAME HERE!
CONGRATULATIONS!
(Prizes will be sent out by 1/8.)

Question for the Day:
"Our favorite fruit is the pear, for obvious reasons!"

Ideas:
- post a picture of a fruit-based dragon (lore optional) and tell us about them
- tell us about your favorite fruit or post a photo of your favorite fruit

DISCUSSION

Current AH Value: 453kt

Our Pear Tree needs a name:

SG: I actually really like Anjou! I think we can offer to rename a dragon before sending. I have renaming scrolls for that.

J13: I had a bit more trouble with pear. Searches kept coming back with pearl or spear. We could go with something like Anjou (a variety of pear) or Pyrus (the genus).

ARCHIVE

73496513.png

Valley quail: 20 for HD slot
Cost: 25000kt pus 1 gene change scroll(187kt +/-)

Breed: SKYDANCER
Colors/Genes: Hickory-Brown Ripple/Shamrock-Emerald-Jungle Freckle/Yellow-Lemon Gembond
scry?sdid=1944410&skin=0&apparel=42112&xt=dressing.png
scry?sdid=2047534&skin=0&apparel=42112&xt=dressing.png

Question: Is this Scry a good "pear tree" scry? Is there a breed you think is preferable? Do you prefer male or female pose?

Storygeek: In my observations, folks (sadly) sometimes pass by treasure genes as prizes in favor of gem genes. Should we take that into consideration??

Prickly Pear Wasteland Pear Irradiated Pear
Prickly Pears...
Possible Outfit: Leafy Gladeboughs, 700+G - ouch!
Not Found
[center][b]Second Day Notes: Two Turtle Doves[/b] Apparel/Trinket Prize: [/center] [quote=Two Turtle Doves] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/1774004][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=272,28389,32300,32280,28391,28393,28394,28397,28396,28390&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [item=peace dove][item=silver unicorn mane] [item=respectable alabaster ovalcrown][item=respectable alabaster locket][item=respectable alabaster bodice][item=respectable alabaster bustle] [item=respectable alabaster garniture][item=respectable alabaster gloves][item=respectable alabaster knickers][item=respectable alabaster spats][item=respectable alabaster tailtaille] [item=long form poetry]x25[/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Entry] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]"On the 2nd Day of Xmas my true love gave to me... TWO TURTLE DOVES!"[/b][/size][/color][/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Questions] [s]-----[/s] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]TODAY'S QUESTION(S):[/b][/size][/color][/center] [i]Choose one question to answer in order to be entered in today's raffle and the Grand Prize Raffle. You may answer both questions if you like![/i] [b]Question A:[/b] Share pictures of a dragon pairing from your lair. It can be a breeding pair, bosom buddies, siblings...your choice! [b]Question B:[/b] Do you have a favorite relationship from a fandom, movie, book or other media? Tell us about it! [center][i](Entries will be accepted until midnight tonight, FR timezone.)[/i][/center][/quote] [quote=Winner Post] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]The "TWO TURTLE DOVES" Winner is...[/b][/size] [size=6][b]WINNER'S NAME HERE![/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]CONGRATULATIONS![/b][/size][/color] [i](Prizes will be sent out by 1/8.)[/i][/center][/quote] [s]-----[/s] [center][b]Question of the Day[/b][/center] "Turtle Doves often mate for life. So: " Ideas: - Post pictures of a dragon pairing from your lair: breeding pair, bosom buddies, siblings, your choice - Share about a favorite relationship: could be from rl, or a fandom, book, media, etc. [s]-----[/s] [center][b]DISCUSSION[/b][/center] [b]Question:[/b] Does this prize need a food item or trinket? It's one of the only ones without... SG: [item=long form poetry] x 25 for hibernal den slot [b]bought it![/b]: White Armoire [b]Juxta13 and Ainsell [/b]each have one peace dove. Who wants to donate to the raffle and who wants to sell their peace dove to SG? (haha. but seriously...) SG: Respectable Alabaster Armoire = 120kt Peace Dove = 18kt (J13 or Ainsell) [s]-----[/s] [center][b]ARCHIVE[/b][/center] [item=demure faderose armoire] SG: Is it better to include the bundle or individual pieces - since we can dispense with the bloomers on a Pearlcatcher? Also...might this be just the bundle and the peace dove...no dragon? I did find an accent, but it was 500G, a bit strong for my budget! (ha)
Second Day Notes: Two Turtle Doves

Apparel/Trinket Prize:
Two Turtle Doves wrote:
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=272,28389,32300,32280,28391,28393,28394,28397,28396,28390&xt=dressing.png
Peace Dove Silver Unicorn Mane
Respectable Alabaster Ovalcrown Respectable Alabaster Locket Respectable Alabaster Bodice Respectable Alabaster Bustle
Respectable Alabaster Garniture Respectable Alabaster Gloves Respectable Alabaster Knickers Respectable Alabaster Spats Respectable Alabaster Tailtaille
Long Form Poetry x25
Daily Entry wrote:
"On the 2nd Day of Xmas my true love gave to me...

TWO TURTLE DOVES!"
Daily Questions wrote:

TODAY'S QUESTION(S):
Choose one question to answer in order to be entered in today's raffle and the Grand Prize Raffle. You may answer both questions if you like!

Question A: Share pictures of a dragon pairing from your lair. It can be a breeding pair, bosom buddies, siblings...your choice!

Question B: Do you have a favorite relationship from a fandom, movie, book or other media? Tell us about it!
(Entries will be accepted until midnight tonight, FR timezone.)
Winner Post wrote:
The "TWO TURTLE DOVES" Winner is...
WINNER'S NAME HERE!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Question of the Day

"Turtle Doves often mate for life. So: "

Ideas:
- Post pictures of a dragon pairing from your lair: breeding pair, bosom buddies, siblings, your choice
- Share about a favorite relationship: could be from rl, or a fandom, book, media, etc.

DISCUSSION

Question: Does this prize need a food item or trinket? It's one of the only ones without...

SG: Long Form Poetry x 25 for hibernal den slot

bought it!: White Armoire

Juxta13 and Ainsell each have one peace dove. Who wants to donate to the raffle and who wants to sell their peace dove to SG? (haha. but seriously...)

SG: Respectable Alabaster Armoire = 120kt
Peace Dove = 18kt (J13 or Ainsell)

ARCHIVE
Demure Faderose Armoire

SG: Is it better to include the bundle or individual pieces - since we can dispense with the bloomers on a Pearlcatcher? Also...might this be just the bundle and the peace dove...no dragon? I did find an accent, but it was 500G, a bit strong for my budget! (ha)
[center][b]Third Day Discussion: Three French [s]Hens[/s] Horns:[/b] Apparel/Food Prize: [quote=Three French Horns] [item=brass cornet] [item=onyx roundhorn][item=pale roundhorn] [item=amethyst roundhorn][item=bloodstone roundhorn][item=golden roundhorn] [item=jade roundhorn][item=obsidian roundhorn][item=pearl roundhorn][item=peridot roundhorn][item=sapphire roundhorn] [item=hooded hen]x99[/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Entry] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]Day 3 Raffle:[/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]"On the 3rd Day of Xmas my true love gave to me... THREE FRENCH [s]HENS[/s] HORNS!"[/b][/size][/color][/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Questions] [s]-----[/s] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]TODAY'S QUESTION(S):[/b][/size][/color][/center] [i]Choose one question to answer in order to be entered in today's raffle and the Grand Prize Raffle. You may answer both questions if you like![/i] [b]Question A:[/b] Do you have a dragon wearing roundhorns apparel? Show us! (Or create an outfit with roundhorns in the Dressing Room) [b]Question B:[/b] Do you have a favorite musical instrument? Do you play one? We'd love to hear about it! [center][i](Entries will be accepted until midnight tonight, FR time.)[/i][/center] [/quote] [quote=Winner Post] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]The "THREE FRENCH HORNS" Winner is...[/b][/size] [size=6][b]WINNER'S NAME HERE![/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]CONGRATULATIONS![/b][/size][/color] [i](Prizes will be sent out by 1/8.)[/i][/center][/quote] [s]-----[/s] [center][b]Question of the Day[/b][/center] Ideas: - Show us a dragon wearing roundhorns. It can be from your lair or an outfit from the Dressing Room. - Do you play a musical instrument? Tell us about it! If not, do you have a favorite? Like them all? (Me, too!) [s]-----[/s] [center][b]DISCUSSION[/b][/center] Roundhorn Roundup = 25kt Note: SG purchased the Roundup with the onyx & pale roundhhorn. We just need to decide if we want to include it or if it is too much. Input? SG: So, to run with Juxta13's idea for a moment... [center][b]Three French [s]Hens[/s] Horns[/b][/center] Juxta13: 3: French Hens Horn? What about a cornet? Or brew a set of [b]full set of roundhorns[/b] (with my help)? Another thought... I was in a choir that used to do the 12 days every year in the holiday show. They always came up with funny interpretations on each day to keep things fun. Maybe we don't have to be so literal? [s]-----[/s] [center][b]ARCHIVE[/b][/center] [item=dusk orpington][item=dappled clucker] A little French Chicken Keeper: Possible Candidate: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58861066][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/588611/58861066_350.png[/img][/url] Possible Scry: Laced/Edged Possible Outfit: [outfit=1759513][outfit=1762470] [item=lovely seraph jewelry][item=pink wooly coat][item=pink wooly tail][item=sweetheart lace headpiece] [b]Question[/b]: which option seems right-sized? 1. Dragon with seraph jewelry outfit and full stack of hen food 2. seraph jewelry outfit without the dragon and full stack of hen food 3. Full set of roundhorn apparel and full stack of hen food gryphon982: could also go with laced and its complementary second for the gene
Third Day Discussion: Three French Hens Horns:

Apparel/Food Prize:
Three French Horns wrote:

Brass Cornet
Onyx Roundhorn Pale Roundhorn
Amethyst Roundhorn Bloodstone Roundhorn Golden Roundhorn
Jade Roundhorn Obsidian Roundhorn Pearl Roundhorn Peridot Roundhorn Sapphire Roundhorn
Hooded Hen x99

Daily Entry wrote:
Day 3 Raffle:

"On the 3rd Day of Xmas my true love gave to me...

THREE FRENCH HENS HORNS!"
Daily Questions wrote:

TODAY'S QUESTION(S):

Question A: Do you have a dragon wearing roundhorns apparel? Show us! (Or create an outfit with roundhorns in the Dressing Room)

Question B: Do you have a favorite musical instrument? Do you play one? We'd love to hear about it!
Winner Post wrote:
The "THREE FRENCH HORNS" Winner is...
WINNER'S NAME HERE!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Question of the Day

Ideas:
- Show us a dragon wearing roundhorns. It can be from your lair or an outfit from the Dressing Room.
- Do you play a musical instrument? Tell us about it! If not, do you have a favorite? Like them all? (Me, too!)

DISCUSSION

Roundhorn Roundup = 25kt Note: SG purchased the Roundup with the onyx & pale roundhhorn. We just need to decide if we want to include it or if it is too much. Input?

SG: So, to run with Juxta13's idea for a moment...
Three French Hens Horns

Juxta13: 3: French Hens Horn?
What about a cornet? Or brew a set of full set of roundhorns (with my help)?
Another thought... I was in a choir that used to do the 12 days every year in the holiday show. They always came up with funny interpretations on each day to keep things fun. Maybe we don't have to be so literal?

ARCHIVE

Dusk Orpington Dappled Clucker

A little French Chicken Keeper:
Possible Candidate:
58861066_350.png
Possible Scry: Laced/Edged

Possible Outfit:
Not Found
Not Found

Lovely Seraph Jewelry Pink Wooly Coat Pink Wooly Tail Sweetheart Lace Headpiece

Question: which option seems right-sized?
1. Dragon with seraph jewelry outfit and full stack of hen food
2. seraph jewelry outfit without the dragon and full stack of hen food
3. Full set of roundhorn apparel and full stack of hen food

gryphon982: could also go with laced and its complementary second for the gene

[center][b]Fourth Day Notes: Four Coli Birds[/b][/center] [center]Familiar/Apparel/Battle Prize:[/center] [quote=Four Coli Birds] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=5&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=42111&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [center][item=friend budgies] [item=crystalcleave canary][item=vigilant sparrow][item=robotic tender][item=mechanical destroyer] [item=minor health potion]x10[item=health potion]x10[item=major health potion]x10[item=leucistic crow]x99[/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Entry] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]Day 4 Raffle:[/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]"On the 4th Day of Xmas my true love gave to me... FOUR [s]CALLING[/s] COLI BIRDS!"[/b][/size][/color][/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Questions] [s]-----[/s] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]TODAY'S QUESTION(S):[/b][/size][/color][/center] [i]Choose one question to answer in order to be entered in today's raffle and the Grand Prize Raffle. You may answer both questions if you like![/i] [b]Question A:[/b] What's your favorite Coliseum Venue? We'd also love to see one of your battle dragons! [b]Question B:[/b] Do you have a favorite human sport to watch or play? Tell us about it! [center][i](Entries will be accepted until midnight tonight, FR time.)[/i][/center] [/quote] [quote=Winner Post] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]The "FOUR COLI BIRDS" Winner is...[/b][/size] [size=6][b]WINNER'S NAME HERE![/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]CONGRATULATIONS![/b][/size][/color] [i](Prizes will be sent out by 1/8.)[/i][/center][/quote] [s]-----[/s] [center][b]Question of the Day[/b][/center] "Gotta Catch'em All!" Ideas: - Show us one of your Coliseum Dragons and/or tell us about your favorite venue - Do you have a favorite sport IRL? Do you play? [s]-----[/s] [center][b]DISCUSSION[/b][/center] SG: I think we nearly have consensus (lacking Ainsell). Food doesn't need to be black birds, since we're going with "Coli" and not "colly" so any suggestions besides the Crow and Omen Seeker? I have tons of full stacks so our chances of having whatever is pretty good. I priced out the familiars and with the six above to choose from, it's going to be a nice prize. (So sad the Macaws are both Baldwin...had to remove them!) gryphon982: Youre right the gryphons arent quite birds, theyre used for fiona though so they're also popular. I agree with the value of the mire birds. Since this will already be a combo prize, what about 1. the budgies 2. a stack of food (whichever) 3. a stack/partial stack of potions, depending on type 4. choice of (two or four) birds from a given selection I feel like that's plenty to be a prize. Also, I know I suggested some non-coli birds earlier but thinking about it again I think they should all be from the coli. If we do a "pick from this selection" we can include all the fams from the "recently added", "difficult venues" and "very rarely" categories, and the winner can take their pick. I do think the rocs are going to be too difficult to come by. gryphon982: I think the roc and crowned roc are going to be way too hard to get, even though they'd be great prizes. Maybe some combo of the two new ones from the mire, the gryphlets, or the macaws? or a hippojay if anyone has a spare J13: A full stack of health potions is a very nice prize because they actually sell for a decent price. I also have plenty, so let me know if you need more. J13: Thoughts on which coli birds: I would say the best coli bird familiars that we can find. If they are too common or available, they won't make a very good prize. Roc or Crowned Roc? - These are probably the best (from the coli) if we can manage to get one. I'll try to spend more time in Harpy's Roost for a while. gryphon982: for additional familiars as a prize, i think it should be four total to fit the prompt, and maybe have the winner pick from a selection. (also, the two new birds from the mire are still kinda pricey). Alternatively, two fams and two stacks of food? SG: 4 Coli Birds: we have the friend budgie: check Thoughts on Coli/Colly Bird familiars? How many? Which ones? I like adding health potions to the prize. How many of each? (I have tons) One stack food? Omen seeker to keep it black and coliseum based? Any opinions out there? [b]Question: [/b]I added health potions because they are Coli related. Thoughts? And also what do you think about the familiars? 4 familiar "Coli" birds? Delete the Food Items? Keep everything? Change title to: [b]Four Coli Birds[/b]?? If we go with this change then maybe: four black bird familiars from the Coli plus the new budgie apparel, since the cockatiel isn't technically from the "Coli" gryphon982: i like the coli birds idea! a bunch of bird-like coli fams, not too expensive [s]-----[/s] [center][b]ARCHIVE[/b][/center] New Familiars (est. 20kt): [item=whisper][item=lion's mane seeker] Actually a Baldwin Familiar: [item=scarlet macaw][item=blue and gold macaw] SG: I got the budgies from Harpie's Roost!!(whew.) SG: I had a wild thought to remove all the familiars and buy the Supernal bird-thingy for this prize, but the price tag is staying my hand. But wouldn't it be nice? Recent Additions to FR: [item=buff dunerunner][item=dunerunner][item=redtail gryphon][item=masked gryphon] Boss Familiars: [item=roc][item=crowned roc] SG: I'm off to Harpy's Roost to get me some budgies! Meanwhile, any opinions about possible Colly/Coli bird familiars? I listed all the black birds above... [item=black orpington][item=black swan][item=gold-throated sparrow]
Fourth Day Notes: Four Coli Birds
Familiar/Apparel/Battle Prize:
Four Coli Birds wrote:
dummy?breed=5&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=42111&xt=dressing.png
Friend Budgies
Crystalcleave Canary Vigilant Sparrow Robotic Tender Mechanical Destroyer
Minor Health Potion x10 Health Potion x10 Major Health Potion x10 Leucistic Crow x99
Daily Entry wrote:
Day 4 Raffle:

"On the 4th Day of Xmas my true love gave to me...

FOUR CALLING COLI BIRDS!"
Daily Questions wrote:

TODAY'S QUESTION(S):

Question A: What's your favorite Coliseum Venue? We'd also love to see one of your battle dragons!

Question B: Do you have a favorite human sport to watch or play? Tell us about it!
Winner Post wrote:
The "FOUR COLI BIRDS" Winner is...
WINNER'S NAME HERE!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Question of the Day

"Gotta Catch'em All!"

Ideas:
- Show us one of your Coliseum Dragons and/or tell us about your favorite venue
- Do you have a favorite sport IRL? Do you play?

DISCUSSION

SG: I think we nearly have consensus (lacking Ainsell). Food doesn't need to be black birds, since we're going with "Coli" and not "colly" so any suggestions besides the Crow and Omen Seeker? I have tons of full stacks so our chances of having whatever is pretty good.

I priced out the familiars and with the six above to choose from, it's going to be a nice prize. (So sad the Macaws are both Baldwin...had to remove them!)

gryphon982: Youre right the gryphons arent quite birds, theyre used for fiona though so they're also popular. I agree with the value of the mire birds.

Since this will already be a combo prize, what about
1. the budgies
2. a stack of food (whichever)
3. a stack/partial stack of potions, depending on type
4. choice of (two or four) birds from a given selection

I feel like that's plenty to be a prize. Also, I know I suggested some non-coli birds earlier but thinking about it again I think they should all be from the coli. If we do a "pick from this selection" we can include all the fams from the "recently added", "difficult venues" and "very rarely" categories, and the winner can take their pick. I do think the rocs are going to be too difficult to come by.

gryphon982: I think the roc and crowned roc are going to be way too hard to get, even though they'd be great prizes. Maybe some combo of the two new ones from the mire, the gryphlets, or the macaws? or a hippojay if anyone has a spare

J13: A full stack of health potions is a very nice prize because they actually sell for a decent price. I also have plenty, so let me know if you need more.

J13: Thoughts on which coli birds:
I would say the best coli bird familiars that we can find. If they are too common or available, they won't make a very good prize.
Roc or Crowned Roc? - These are probably the best (from the coli) if we can manage to get one. I'll try to spend more time in Harpy's Roost for a while.

gryphon982: for additional familiars as a prize, i think it should be four total to fit the prompt, and maybe have the winner pick from a selection. (also, the two new birds from the mire are still kinda pricey). Alternatively, two fams and two stacks of food?

SG: 4 Coli Birds: we have the friend budgie: check
Thoughts on Coli/Colly Bird familiars? How many? Which ones?
I like adding health potions to the prize. How many of each? (I have tons)
One stack food? Omen seeker to keep it black and coliseum based? Any opinions out there?

Question: I added health potions because they are Coli related. Thoughts? And also what do you think about the familiars? 4 familiar "Coli" birds? Delete the Food Items? Keep everything?

Change title to: Four Coli Birds??
If we go with this change then maybe: four black bird familiars from the Coli plus the new budgie apparel, since the cockatiel isn't technically from the "Coli"

gryphon982: i like the coli birds idea! a bunch of bird-like coli fams, not too expensive

ARCHIVE

New Familiars (est. 20kt):
Whisper Lion's Mane Seeker

Actually a Baldwin Familiar:
Scarlet Macaw Blue and Gold Macaw

SG: I got the budgies from Harpie's Roost!!(whew.)

SG: I had a wild thought to remove all the familiars and buy the Supernal bird-thingy for this prize, but the price tag is staying my hand. But wouldn't it be nice?

Recent Additions to FR:
Buff Dunerunner Dunerunner Redtail Gryphon Masked Gryphon

Boss Familiars:
Roc Crowned Roc

SG: I'm off to Harpy's Roost to get me some budgies! Meanwhile, any opinions about possible Colly/Coli bird familiars? I listed all the black birds above...

Black Orpington Black Swan Gold-Throated Sparrow

[center][b]Fifth Day Notes: Five Gold Rings[/b] Apparel/Trinket Prize:[/center] [quote=Five Gold Rings] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=14&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png[/img] [item=river royalist tail rings] [item=simple gold necklace][item=simple gold bracelets][item=simple gold wing bangles][item=simple gold wing cuffs] [item=gilded decorative chest][item=gilded decorative chest][item=gilded decorative chest][item=gilded decorative chest][item=gilded decorative chest][/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Entry] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]Day 5 Raffle:[/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]"On the 5th Day of Xmas my true love gave to me... FIVE GOLD RINGS!"[/b][/size][/color][/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Questions] [s]-----[/s] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]TODAY'S QUESTION(S):[/b][/size][/color][/center] [i]Choose one question to answer in order to be entered in today's raffle and the Grand Prize Raffle. You may answer both questions if you like![/i] [b]Question A:[/b] Do you have a favorite FR Gem Marketplace item? (You know you do!) What is it? [b]Question B:[/b] What's something on your wishlist? It could be something from FR, holiday, birthday, or even your Amazon list! [center][i](Entries will be accepted until midnight tonight, FR time.)[/i][/center] [/quote] [quote=Winner Post] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]The "FIVE GOLD RINGS" Winner is...[/b][/size] [size=6][b]WINNER'S NAME HERE![/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]CONGRATULATIONS![/b][/size][/color] [i](Prizes will be sent out by 1/8.)[/i][/center][/quote] [s]-----[/s] [center][b]Question of the Day[/b][/center] "Ah, those pesky gems!" Ideas: - Do you have a favorite FR gem item that you can't afford? (Yeah ya' do!) Tell us about it. - What's something on your wishlist this year? (it doesn't have to be a Christmas wishlist...could be any holiday on your calendar or your birthday...or Amazon!) [s]-----[/s] [center][b]DISCUSSION[/b][/center] [b]QUESTION:[/b] (SG)What do you think about the trinket idea(s)? Moneybags or Festival monies? My intention is it would be stuff I probably already own so it wouldn't cost additional payouts. Prize Items: River Royalist Tail Rings = [s]100G[/s] Simple Gold Jewelry = [s]19000kt[/s] Juxta13: 5: Golden Rings; I think you already have a great idea here. re: apparel: Just how much are those River Royalist tail rings?? (cringes. hides.) [s]-----[/s] [center][b]ARCHIVE[/b][/center] Some Moneybags?? [item=bursting sack of shinies][item=some secret stash][item=champion's purse][item=cryptic cube] Or some festival money from each festival? [b][i](SG can supply up to 20 festival money from each domain)[/i][/b] [item=eternal snow][item=shimmering pinecone][item=messengers scroll][item=giant sand dollar][item=bladed flatleaf][item=immaculate tablet][item=charged sprocket][item=glowing ember][item=magical shard][item=all-seeing shroom][item=deepearth geode] [outfit=1720864][outfit=1746981] Possible Trinkets: [item=ruby ring][item=emerald ring][item=gold ore] gryphon982: could also use citrine teardrop apparel bogsneak breed changes are expensive, buying or brewing. i'd suggest making this a non-dragon prize SG: If we like this "gold rings" outfit, can we get consensus on the dragons? The two shown are in my lair. Do we like them? male/female? Snapper/Bogsneak? Look for another dragon on AH? Lemme know! Possible Candidates: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=59351883&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56861671&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2013010&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2013012&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png[/img]
Fifth Day Notes: Five Gold Rings

Apparel/Trinket Prize:
Five Gold Rings wrote:
dummy?breed=14&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png
River Royalist Tail Rings
Simple Gold Necklace Simple Gold Bracelets Simple Gold Wing Bangles Simple Gold Wing Cuffs
Gilded Decorative Chest Gilded Decorative Chest Gilded Decorative Chest Gilded Decorative Chest Gilded Decorative Chest
Daily Entry wrote:
Day 5 Raffle:

"On the 5th Day of Xmas my true love gave to me...

FIVE GOLD RINGS!"
Daily Questions wrote:

TODAY'S QUESTION(S):

Question A: Do you have a favorite FR Gem Marketplace item? (You know you do!) What is it?

Question B: What's something on your wishlist? It could be something from FR, holiday, birthday, or even your Amazon list!
Winner Post wrote:
The "FIVE GOLD RINGS" Winner is...
WINNER'S NAME HERE!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Question of the Day

"Ah, those pesky gems!"

Ideas:
- Do you have a favorite FR gem item that you can't afford? (Yeah ya' do!) Tell us about it.
- What's something on your wishlist this year? (it doesn't have to be a Christmas wishlist...could be any holiday on your calendar or your birthday...or Amazon!)

DISCUSSION

QUESTION: (SG)What do you think about the trinket idea(s)? Moneybags or Festival monies? My intention is it would be stuff I probably already own so it wouldn't cost additional payouts.

Prize Items:
River Royalist Tail Rings = 100G
Simple Gold Jewelry = 19000kt

Juxta13: 5: Golden Rings; I think you already have a great idea here.

re: apparel: Just how much are those River Royalist tail rings?? (cringes. hides.)

ARCHIVE

Some Moneybags??
Bursting Sack of Shinies Some Secret Stash Champion's Purse Cryptic Cube
Or some festival money from each festival?
(SG can supply up to 20 festival money from each domain)
Eternal Snow Shimmering Pinecone Giant Sand Dollar Bladed Flatleaf Immaculate Tablet Charged Sprocket Glowing Ember Magical Shard All-Seeing Shroom Deepearth Geode

Not Found
Not Found

Possible Trinkets:
Ruby Ring Emerald Ring Gold Ore

gryphon982: could also use citrine teardrop apparel
bogsneak breed changes are expensive, buying or brewing. i'd suggest making this a non-dragon prize

SG: If we like this "gold rings" outfit, can we get consensus on the dragons? The two shown are in my lair. Do we like them? male/female? Snapper/Bogsneak? Look for another dragon on AH? Lemme know!

Possible Candidates:
dragon?did=59351883&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.pngdragon?did=56861671&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png

scry?sdid=2013010&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png
scry?sdid=2013012&skin=0&apparel=331,491,4784,439,1094&xt=dressing.png
[center][b]Sixth Day Notes: Six Geese a-Laying:[/b] Egg/Food Prize:[/center] [quote=Six Gees A-laying] [center][item=unhatched nocturne egg][item=unhatched nocturne egg][item=unhatched nocturne egg][item=unhatched nocturne egg][item=unhatched nocturne egg] [color=forestgreen][b]Plus: Winner's Choice! [img]https://imgur.com/5SKPtUa.png[/img] Any unhatched elemental egg (or Bogsneak or another Nocturne for a complete half-dozen!)![/b][/color] [item=bar-headed goose]X99[/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Entry] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]Day 6 Raffle:[/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]"On the 6th Day of Xmas my true love gave to me... SIX GEES A-LAYING!"[/b][/size][/color][/center][/quote] [quote=Daily Questions] [s]-----[/s] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]TODAY'S QUESTION(S):[/b][/size][/color][/center] [i]Choose one question to answer in order to be entered in today's raffle and the Grand Prize Raffle. You may answer both questions if you like![/i] [b]Question A:[/b] Have you hatched any special eggs in your lair lately? Please share! [b]Question B:[/b] Do you like to decorate eggs? Share a picture if you have one! (It doesn't have to be an egg that you personally decorated.) [center][i](Entries will be accepted until midnight tonight, FR time.)[/i][/center] [/quote] [quote=Winner Post] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]The "SIX GEESE A-LAYING" Winner is...[/b][/size] [size=6][b]WINNER'S NAME HERE![/b][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=forestgreen][size=5][b]CONGRATULATIONS![/b][/size][/color] [i](Prizes will be sent out by 1/8.)[/i][/center][/quote] [s]-----[/s] [center][b]Question of the Day[/b][/center] Turns out eggs are not just for Easter! (or Estara, or Spring...) Ideas: - Hatch any special eggs lately? Tell us about it! - Any RL egg stories? Decorating, eating? Photos of decorated eggs welcome! [s]-----[/s] [center][b]DISCUSSION[/b][/center] Someone said they have a Bogsneak Egg Already. Who was it? SG: Suggestions for more eggs? I actually can cover 8 flights in eggs...or maybe just a nocturne and a bogsneak? I could brew that? (Oh, and I have the nocturne egg covered.) gryphon982: the food is good! food and an egg? [s]-----[/s] [center][b]ARCHIVE[/b][/center] [item=unhatched bogsneak egg]
Sixth Day Notes: Six Geese a-Laying:

Egg/Food Prize:
Six Gees A-laying wrote:
Unhatched Nocturne Egg Unhatched Nocturne Egg Unhatched Nocturne Egg Unhatched Nocturne Egg Unhatched Nocturne Egg

Plus: Winner's Choice!
5SKPtUa.png
Any unhatched elemental egg
(or Bogsneak or another Nocturne for a complete half-dozen!)!

Bar-Headed Goose X99
Daily Entry wrote:
Day 6 Raffle:

"On the 6th Day of Xmas my true love gave to me...

SIX GEES A-LAYING!"
Daily Questions wrote:

TODAY'S QUESTION(S):

Question A: Have you hatched any special eggs in your lair lately? Please share!

Question B: Do you like to decorate eggs? Share a picture if you have one! (It doesn't have to be an egg that you personally decorated.)
Winner Post wrote:
The "SIX GEESE A-LAYING" Winner is...
WINNER'S NAME HERE!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Question of the Day

Turns out eggs are not just for Easter! (or Estara, or Spring...)

Ideas:
- Hatch any special eggs lately? Tell us about it!
- Any RL egg stories? Decorating, eating? Photos of decorated eggs welcome!

DISCUSSION

Someone said they have a Bogsneak Egg Already. Who was it?

SG: Suggestions for more eggs? I actually can cover 8 flights in eggs...or maybe just a nocturne and a bogsneak? I could brew that? (Oh, and I have the nocturne egg covered.)

gryphon982: the food is good! food and an egg?

ARCHIVE

Unhatched Bogsneak Egg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28