Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | CYOA [EarthDom] The Expedition (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/644556138565730304/777324135101104128/12_fr_expedition_02.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Prologue[/b][/center] A few young dragons were roughhousing around as their clan passed through the canyon. It had been break time and the dragons just wanted to enjoy a bit of the day. One of the games became a little too rough and one was bumped suddenly into the wall hard. While the young dragon was fine the wall fell away revealing a tunnel leading deep underground. The young dragons were at first curious until they heard a voice echoing in the chamber, they couldn’t make out the words but it was enough to send them running back to their clans. Explaining what happened, the clans investigated and instantly became worried. These tunnels were uncharted and for all they knew those voices were someone who fell through an opening somewhere and had gotten themselves trapped. They sent the word out to all who would listen calling for aid. The response was overwhelming. Warriors came to investigate intent on saving the voices. Scholars came to lend their knowledge of the region and to study anything in these uncharted tunnels. Others came to offer to do anything they could. It was time to get to work. Venturing inside the tunnels, the dragons came into a large open chamber with many winding paths to explore. The voices seemed to come from all directions. This would have to be base camp. They quickly set up, dividing up into groups. The expedition team met up to discuss their plans.
12_fr_expedition_02.png
Prologue
A few young dragons were roughhousing around as their clan passed through the canyon. It had been break time and the dragons just wanted to enjoy a bit of the day. One of the games became a little too rough and one was bumped suddenly into the wall hard. While the young dragon was fine the wall fell away revealing a tunnel leading deep underground. The young dragons were at first curious until they heard a voice echoing in the chamber, they couldn’t make out the words but it was enough to send them running back to their clans.

Explaining what happened, the clans investigated and instantly became worried. These tunnels were uncharted and for all they knew those voices were someone who fell through an opening somewhere and had gotten themselves trapped. They sent the word out to all who would listen calling for aid.

The response was overwhelming. Warriors came to investigate intent on saving the voices. Scholars came to lend their knowledge of the region and to study anything in these uncharted tunnels. Others came to offer to do anything they could. It was time to get to work.

Venturing inside the tunnels, the dragons came into a large open chamber with many winding paths to explore. The voices seemed to come from all directions. This would have to be base camp. They quickly set up, dividing up into groups. The expedition team met up to discuss their plans.
arOGchX.png
About
Each day there will be a new part of the story that goes up and 2 options for you to choose from. There are multiple ways to choose and vote. Replying to the thread with your vote, will get one vote in that direction, as well as one raffle ticket. Sending in specific items will net you more tickets and help sway the vote.

It is preferable that the replies are in character, you can use journal, letters or reactions. All I ask is that you do not attempt to completely derail the story. While, yes your character should effect the world around them, they shouldn't undo the vote by suddenly having a magical answer. If there is a fight, they shouldn't automatically win, but you may make attacks on whatever the group is fighting. Any reply that derails the story will be ignored.

We have 2 NPCs who will present the options to you and they each will accept different items.

Rocktusk operates with Battlestones.

Brandon Beetlesworth The Second (Bran) operates with basic Baldwin melted supplies.

Sending these supplies to @Dracowolf will get you tickets into the raffle and sway the vote in the direction of the items you send.

Battle stones will count as 1 vote sway for Rocktusk
Alchemy supplies will count as 2 vote sways for Bran

Your votes will not carry onto the next day, raffle tickets do of course.
About
Each day there will be a new part of the story that goes up and 2 options for you to choose from. There are multiple ways to choose and vote. Replying to the thread with your vote, will get one vote in that direction, as well as one raffle ticket. Sending in specific items will net you more tickets and help sway the vote.

It is preferable that the replies are in character, you can use journal, letters or reactions. All I ask is that you do not attempt to completely derail the story. While, yes your character should effect the world around them, they shouldn't undo the vote by suddenly having a magical answer. If there is a fight, they shouldn't automatically win, but you may make attacks on whatever the group is fighting. Any reply that derails the story will be ignored.

We have 2 NPCs who will present the options to you and they each will accept different items.

Rocktusk operates with Battlestones.

Brandon Beetlesworth The Second (Bran) operates with basic Baldwin melted supplies.

Sending these supplies to @Dracowolf will get you tickets into the raffle and sway the vote in the direction of the items you send.

Battle stones will count as 1 vote sway for Rocktusk
Alchemy supplies will count as 2 vote sways for Bran

Your votes will not carry onto the next day, raffle tickets do of course.
arOGchX.png
[center] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/778171039258902528/Ticket_Price_update.png[/img][/center] *Ticket rewards have been updated please allow 24 hours for your ticket counts to update as well. Yes, a few items are not listed on the sheet, we do accept them if they fall under the battle category and are not a potion. Most will be given 1 ticket/ [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jtKE54SFnlmqLwUmSgVDHhe99aIY3LIzLlTElfcJsCY/edit?usp=sharing]This Spreadsheet[/url] Will only show ticket totals and a bit more up-to-date item worth. If you think there's a error and want to look closer at what's recorded you simply need to ping me and I'll allow you to take a look for what I have down. Send your supplies to @Dracowolf and let me know it's for The Expedition!
Ticket_Price_update.png
*Ticket rewards have been updated please allow 24 hours for your ticket counts to update as well.

Yes, a few items are not listed on the sheet, we do accept them if they fall under the battle category and are not a potion. Most will be given 1 ticket/

This Spreadsheet Will only show ticket totals and a bit more up-to-date item worth. If you think there's a error and want to look closer at what's recorded you simply need to ping me and I'll allow you to take a look for what I have down.

Send your supplies to @Dracowolf and let me know it's for The Expedition!
arOGchX.png
[center][b]Current Day Post[/b][/center] [center][b]Final Day - The Results[/b][/center] It seemed everyone had been calling for the mages to do their thing, and answer they did. Rocktusk had no time to be bothered by the choice, instead rushing to aid her warriors in distracting the beast and guarding the mages against the threats it posed. The warriors were spread out, each doing their part to distract the beast. Some were throwing rocks, some dragons used their breath weapon. Many seemed to work off one and other. Rocktusk moved to block a blow that was aimed at another. The hit clearly hurt but she stood strong despite it, she’d seen worse than this after all. “You better hurry it up Bran!” Despite the creature slowing the way it moved towards the tunnels was still a problem. “Brace yourselves. Do not let it interrupt the mages!” Rocktusk called to the warriors hoping that the group taking the shot near the mages would disperse enough of the hit to not take anyone completely out of the fight. Added with those who were already using anticipate the attack was successfully blocked. “Alright here we go!” Bran shouted. He tossed a potion towards Rocktusk. Throw it! Throw it as hard as you can!” Rocktusk tossed the potion in the air and hit it with her tail to launch it at the creature. The potion hit one of the runes and the rune disappeared. “We need more than that!” “Quick deliver these around!” Bran handed the potions out to the fastest dragons to give to the warriors. “Now mages, we need to aim at the top and get the higher runes! All together!” Rocktusk nodded, “Warriors, launch those potions with everything you got! We have one shot at this!” “Now!” Bran shouted, unleashing a magical force alongside the mages. Rocktusk grabbed another potion and launched it much like the first. Each attack hit another rune and the creature halted its attack, stepping back a few times before suddenly the rules all faded and the creature crumbled to the ground, breaking apart into the rocks it once was. Dusty and tired the group finally moved forward to claim their prize, though there was a bit of tension wondering if something else would jump out at them. At long last the group reaches the final chamber, glowing rocks that sing ancient spells. “This is why dragons came here,” Bran stated, “This chamber echoes.” His voice echoed around the chamber. “They would come here to practice their spells and hear their own voices. Tell stories, and the like. That’s why we couldn’t make out what they were saying. The voices somehow empowered the rocks.” “Kind of sounds like they’re singing.” Rocktusk stated, “Guess the spells and words took on a life of their own in the rocks themselves. A literal rock concert right here.” “We’ll be writing about this discovery for years. We’ll have to show everyone.” “Assuming we can get them all down here to see it.” Rocktusk couldn’t help but tease a bit. “Oh please, we already did the hard part. They just have to follow our tracks.” Bran teased and grinned at the group. [center]-----------------------[/center] That’s the end of our adventure! I hope everyone had a good time. I will be drawing prizes later this week! As for now, please check out our below hub to see what sort of events await you in our Rock Concert… Literally. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2933291][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/385255561559539713/779778930881069126/literally.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b]History[/b][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2932999/2#post_45303199]Day 1[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2932999/4#post_45317275]Day 2[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2932999/6#post_45332024]Day 3[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2932999/7#post_45346329]Day 4[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2932999/9#post_45360200]Day 5[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2932999/11#post_45373012]Day 6[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2932999/12#post_45385024]Day 7[/url][/center]
Current Day Post
Final Day - The Results

It seemed everyone had been calling for the mages to do their thing, and answer they did. Rocktusk had no time to be bothered by the choice, instead rushing to aid her warriors in distracting the beast and guarding the mages against the threats it posed.

The warriors were spread out, each doing their part to distract the beast. Some were throwing rocks, some dragons used their breath weapon. Many seemed to work off one and other. Rocktusk moved to block a blow that was aimed at another. The hit clearly hurt but she stood strong despite it, she’d seen worse than this after all. “You better hurry it up Bran!” Despite the creature slowing the way it moved towards the tunnels was still a problem. “Brace yourselves. Do not let it interrupt the mages!” Rocktusk called to the warriors hoping that the group taking the shot near the mages would disperse enough of the hit to not take anyone completely out of the fight. Added with those who were already using anticipate the attack was successfully blocked.

“Alright here we go!” Bran shouted. He tossed a potion towards Rocktusk. Throw it! Throw it as hard as you can!”

Rocktusk tossed the potion in the air and hit it with her tail to launch it at the creature. The potion hit one of the runes and the rune disappeared. “We need more than that!”

“Quick deliver these around!” Bran handed the potions out to the fastest dragons to give to the warriors. “Now mages, we need to aim at the top and get the higher runes! All together!”

Rocktusk nodded, “Warriors, launch those potions with everything you got! We have one shot at this!”

“Now!” Bran shouted, unleashing a magical force alongside the mages. Rocktusk grabbed another potion and launched it much like the first.

Each attack hit another rune and the creature halted its attack, stepping back a few times before suddenly the rules all faded and the creature crumbled to the ground, breaking apart into the rocks it once was.

Dusty and tired the group finally moved forward to claim their prize, though there was a bit of tension wondering if something else would jump out at them.

At long last the group reaches the final chamber, glowing rocks that sing ancient spells.

“This is why dragons came here,” Bran stated, “This chamber echoes.” His voice echoed around the chamber. “They would come here to practice their spells and hear their own voices. Tell stories, and the like. That’s why we couldn’t make out what they were saying. The voices somehow empowered the rocks.”

“Kind of sounds like they’re singing.” Rocktusk stated, “Guess the spells and words took on a life of their own in the rocks themselves. A literal rock concert right here.”

“We’ll be writing about this discovery for years. We’ll have to show everyone.”

“Assuming we can get them all down here to see it.” Rocktusk couldn’t help but tease a bit.

“Oh please, we already did the hard part. They just have to follow our tracks.” Bran teased and grinned at the group.

That’s the end of our adventure! I hope everyone had a good time. I will be drawing prizes later this week!

As for now, please check out our below hub to see what sort of events await you in our Rock Concert… Literally.
literally.png

History
arOGchX.png
[center][b]Prizes[/b][/center] [quote=It Was All Worth It][Item=Tertiary Gene: Blossom (Gaoler)][/quote] [quote=Light The Path][Item=Tertiary Gene: Firefly][/quote] [quote=That's Normal][skin=6906][/quote] [quote=Fluffy Allies][skin=34745][/quote] [quote=Remember This][Item=Scene: Remembrance][/quote] [quote=Next Up Pirate Adventure][Item=Scene: Voyage of the Tenacity][Item=Vista: Pirate's Life][/quote] [quote=Bugs][Item=Scene: Royal Chamber][Item=Gleaming Chitin Armor][/quote] [quote=Alchemy Planning FTW][Item=Vista: Baldwin's Brew][/quote] [quote=Marking the Path Back][Item=Pretty Purple Spool][/quote] [quote=BRUTE FORCE][Item=Eliminate][Item=Ambush]x2[Item=Berserker]x3[Item=Rally][/quote] [quote=Alchemy]10 of all Baldwin materials[/quote] [quote=Covered in Ash][item=Ash Lace Box][/quote] [quote=Armored For Fights][item=Ivory Scale Trunk][/quote] [quote=New Friend][Item=Silver Kitsune][/quote] [quote=Gryphon][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62081709][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/620818/62081709_350.png[/img][/url] Gryphon - Outfit Included - Level 25, Fully Gened Gen 1. Comes with Art.[/quote]
Prizes

It Was All Worth It wrote:
Light The Path wrote:
Tertiary Gene: Firefly
That's Normal wrote:
Fluffy Allies wrote:
Remember This wrote:
Scene: Remembrance
Next Up Pirate Adventure wrote:
Scene: Voyage of the Tenacity Vista: Pirate's Life
Bugs wrote:
Gleaming Chitin Armor
Alchemy Planning FTW wrote:
Vista: Baldwin's Brew
Marking the Path Back wrote:
Pretty Purple Spool
BRUTE FORCE wrote:
Eliminate Ambush x2 Berserker x3 Rally
Alchemy wrote:
10 of all Baldwin materials
Covered in Ash wrote:
Ash Lace Box
Armored For Fights wrote:
Ivory Scale Trunk
New Friend wrote:
Silver Kitsune
Gryphon wrote:
62081709_350.png
Gryphon - Outfit Included - Level 25, Fully Gened Gen 1. Comes with Art.
arOGchX.png
[center][b]FAQ[/b][/center] [b]Daily Pinglist?[/b] Yep! We have one of those. You do not need to ping me to get on it, just leave a note of "I would like to be on the pinglist" [quote=Pinglist]-gn0me, -HollowBay, -jbapple, -Jorybear, -Krawald, -Blacknovelist, -Enen16106, -Sinjin, -Lameforgers, -Finlandia, -danijust, -Stanzascale, -Seaserpent2, -Bxy26, -sockmonkeygerald, -tigressRising, -FinalFlight, -WanderingTurtle, -dragonpals, -MotherOfBeardies, -Lundlaeva, -c33213[/quote] [b]What happens to the items?[/b] Baldwin materials will be turned into apparel for the Earth Dominance bank, any excess will go to the bank! Battlestones will mostly be sold to fund the baldwin costs, but selective battlestones (Eliminate, Ambush, Berserk, ect) will all go to the Dom Bank! [b]How do Items effect the vote?[/b] 1 Item becomes 1 vote, essentially whatever item type you send it will become a No-Name NPC dragon in the story who sill side with whatever side the items go with. [center][b]Today's Daily Badge:[/b] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442899460620298/Skull.png[/img] [code][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442899460620298/Skull.png[/img][/code][/center]
FAQ

Daily Pinglist?

Yep! We have one of those. You do not need to ping me to get on it, just leave a note of "I would like to be on the pinglist"

Pinglist wrote:
-gn0me, -HollowBay, -jbapple, -Jorybear, -Krawald, -Blacknovelist, -Enen16106, -Sinjin, -Lameforgers, -Finlandia, -danijust, -Stanzascale, -Seaserpent2, -Bxy26, -sockmonkeygerald, -tigressRising, -FinalFlight, -WanderingTurtle, -dragonpals, -MotherOfBeardies, -Lundlaeva, -c33213

What happens to the items?
Baldwin materials will be turned into apparel for the Earth Dominance bank, any excess will go to the bank!

Battlestones will mostly be sold to fund the baldwin costs, but selective battlestones (Eliminate, Ambush, Berserk, ect) will all go to the Dom Bank!

How do Items effect the vote?
1 Item becomes 1 vote, essentially whatever item type you send it will become a No-Name NPC dragon in the story who sill side with whatever side the items go with.
Today's Daily Badge:
Skull.png
Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442899460620298/Skull.png[/img]

arOGchX.png
[center][b]Characters[/b][/center] [center][b]Rocktusk[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1090268&skin=0&apparel=13078,18819,18827,18799,2332,2333,26885&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [i]"Nothing a Swift Kick can't solve"[/i] Naga Rocktusk, or just Rocktusk as she prefers, is a veteran fighter who prefers to confront things head on. She'd rather use her strength to solve problems and wants to get things done quickly. While sometimes her methods are dangerous, they are often very effective, and sometimes are what the group needs. [center][b]Professor Brandon Beetlesworth "Bran"[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1090261&skin=0&apparel=35541,32005,15134,35550,16236,6270&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [i]"No, I do not research insects."[/i] Bran, as he prefers his friends call him, is a scholar who wants things to be done right the first time through study and careful research, following all of the protocols needed. His methods are slow, but he is very intelligent often choosing what in the long run is a safer approach, though in a area of mystery that may not always be the case. Despite the two being polar opposites, Bran and Rocktusk are good friends. They will get at each other's throats though in hard situations. At least they'll respect what the team wants.
Characters
Rocktusk
scry?sdid=1090268&skin=0&apparel=13078,18819,18827,18799,2332,2333,26885&xt=dressing.png
"Nothing a Swift Kick can't solve"

Naga Rocktusk, or just Rocktusk as she prefers, is a veteran fighter who prefers to confront things head on. She'd rather use her strength to solve problems and wants to get things done quickly. While sometimes her methods are dangerous, they are often very effective, and sometimes are what the group needs.

Professor Brandon Beetlesworth "Bran"
scry?sdid=1090261&skin=0&apparel=35541,32005,15134,35550,16236,6270&xt=dressing.png

"No, I do not research insects."

Bran, as he prefers his friends call him, is a scholar who wants things to be done right the first time through study and careful research, following all of the protocols needed. His methods are slow, but he is very intelligent often choosing what in the long run is a safer approach, though in a area of mystery that may not always be the case.

Despite the two being polar opposites, Bran and Rocktusk are good friends. They will get at each other's throats though in hard situations. At least they'll respect what the team wants.
arOGchX.png
[center]A Huge thank you to! [list] [*]@Linnet for the gorgeous banner! [*]@CheshireGata for our daily badges! [*] The Dom Team for the ideas! Our headers were generated using [url=https://cooltext.com/Logo-Design-Old-Stone]cooltext[/url]
A Huge thank you to!
  • @Linnet for the gorgeous banner!
  • @CheshireGata for our daily badges!
  • The Dom Team for the ideas!

Our headers were generated using cooltext
arOGchX.png
Want More things to do?

Feel free to visit

Out Of Flight Raffle
Send some dragons to lend a claw and get paid!

Cave Fishing!
Fish up some treasures deep in the cave!

Visit The Snack Shack
Collect some nice badges at the Snack Shack with some item trade ins!

Art For Fodder
Trade in some dragons get some nice art!

Bone Shuffle
Ramsey messed up and mixed up a bunch of bones. Get your a pencil and some paper time to figure out what on earth these bones go with, try to make some unique creatures! Or write about them!

Dadly Discoveries
Dad has a few things to investigate today, why not take a look and see if you can figure out what they are!

Rock Writer' Competition
Sign up for the Rock Writers' Competition! A traveling band has stopped by to help look around the cave but they're starting to get inspired. Why not help them write a few songs? Sign ups are this week, and the event runs next week during RBC
Want More things to do?

Feel free to visit

Out Of Flight Raffle
Send some dragons to lend a claw and get paid!

Cave Fishing!
Fish up some treasures deep in the cave!

Visit The Snack Shack
Collect some nice badges at the Snack Shack with some item trade ins!

Art For Fodder
Trade in some dragons get some nice art!

Bone Shuffle
Ramsey messed up and mixed up a bunch of bones. Get your a pencil and some paper time to figure out what on earth these bones go with, try to make some unique creatures! Or write about them!

Dadly Discoveries
Dad has a few things to investigate today, why not take a look and see if you can figure out what they are!

Rock Writer' Competition
Sign up for the Rock Writers' Competition! A traveling band has stopped by to help look around the cave but they're starting to get inspired. Why not help them write a few songs? Sign ups are this week, and the event runs next week during RBC
arOGchX.png
[center][size=5][b]Badges[/b][/size][/center] [center] [b]Sunday[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442893656358912/Helmet.png[/img][/center] [code][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442893656358912/Helmet.png[/img][/code] [center][b]Monday[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442897469505546/Pickaxe.png[/img][/center] [code][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442897469505546/Pickaxe.png[/img][/code] [center][b]Tuesday[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/778171036905897984/Slime.png[/img][/center] [code][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/778171036905897984/Slime.png[/img][/code] [center][b]Wednesday[/b] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442888942485504/A_Tire.png[/img] [code][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442888942485504/A_Tire.png[/img][/code] [i]Where the in Drafonhome did a tire come from? How did it get here?[/i] [center][b]Thursday[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442895362785290/Painting.png[/img] [code][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442895362785290/Painting.png[/img][/code][/center] [center][b]Friday[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442891223007232/Geode.png[/img] [code][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442891223007232/Geode.png[/img][/code][/center] [center][b]Saturday[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442899460620298/Skull.png[/img] [code][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442899460620298/Skull.png[/img][/code][/center]
Badges
Sunday
Helmet.png
Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442893656358912/Helmet.png[/img]
Monday
Pickaxe.png
Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442897469505546/Pickaxe.png[/img]

Tuesday
Slime.png
Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/778171036905897984/Slime.png[/img]
Wednesday
A_Tire.png
Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442888942485504/A_Tire.png[/img]
Where the in Drafonhome did a tire come from? How did it get here?
Thursday
Painting.png
Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442895362785290/Painting.png[/img]
Friday
Geode.png
Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442891223007232/Geode.png[/img]
Saturday
Skull.png
Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771482338328576041/777442899460620298/Skull.png[/img]
arOGchX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16