Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | CROW. RAFFLE. over, drawing
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23
Bump
Bump
If I'm lucky, Mr. Talent will rub his tentacles on my art
European Magpies are corvids. Australian magpies are not. Australian magpies are also mean.
European Magpies are corvids. Australian magpies are not. Australian magpies are also mean.
Us7hURQ.png
Bump
Bump
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
Bump!

A group of crows is known as Murder. Why that weird name? When a sick or heavily wounded crow is about to die, the other crows will gather around and aggressively attack and kill the dying crow quickly. This makes Murder the apt name.
Bump!

A group of crows is known as Murder. Why that weird name? When a sick or heavily wounded crow is about to die, the other crows will gather around and aggressively attack and kill the dying crow quickly. This makes Murder the apt name.
Bump!

Older crow siblings will help their mom and dad to take care of the younger crow siblings while the parents hunt for food. Sometimes they'll even be the one to hunt for food for their parents and feed em directly to their siblings.
Bump!

Older crow siblings will help their mom and dad to take care of the younger crow siblings while the parents hunt for food. Sometimes they'll even be the one to hunt for food for their parents and feed em directly to their siblings.
[center][emoji=raven size=1] a possibly well-known corvid fact! A common stereotype about magpies is that they steal shiny items for nests. This is actually untrue! In tests done by scientists where they placed shiny and painted items close to food and magpies were introduced to the scene. The magpies became highly cautious towards both items, indicating neophobia, a fear of new things. They even fed less or avoided the food when the objects were presented. ([url=https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-28797519]source[/url])

a possibly well-known corvid fact!

A common stereotype about magpies is that they steal shiny items for nests. This is actually untrue!

In tests done by scientists where they placed shiny and painted items close to food and magpies were introduced to the scene. The magpies became highly cautious towards both items, indicating neophobia, a fear of new things. They even fed less or avoided the food when the objects were presented.

(source)
7bfJZaP.png
Corvid Fact: Corvidae is a cosmopolitan family, meaning that its members can be found all over the world in a wide variety of places.
Corvid Fact: Corvidae is a cosmopolitan family, meaning that its members can be found all over the world in a wide variety of places.
nHkph7f.pngAMXdJAR.pngO7IFtNN.png8EDULPG.png2Vg82cJ.png
Charles II was told that England would fall if the ravens ever left the Tower of London, and have been protected since.
Charles II was told that England would fall if the ravens ever left the Tower of London, and have been protected since.
Us7hURQ.png
Bump!

Fun fact: Crows can reason out cause and effect
Bump!

Fun fact: Crows can reason out cause and effect
Bump!

Lovely bird things: I love Eurasian Magpies so much. They're my absolute favorites. Sadly they get such a bad rep all around because of old, untrue folktales. No they're not out to get your precious shiny things. Bird feed though? They'll happily have a bite! Magpies are stunningly intelligent as well as absolutely gorgeous. Their bodies are also smaller than most people think- they just have really long tail feathers! Watching these guys is a real delight and I wish they were treated more kindly all in all. Yay corvids!
Bump!

Lovely bird things: I love Eurasian Magpies so much. They're my absolute favorites. Sadly they get such a bad rep all around because of old, untrue folktales. No they're not out to get your precious shiny things. Bird feed though? They'll happily have a bite! Magpies are stunningly intelligent as well as absolutely gorgeous. Their bodies are also smaller than most people think- they just have really long tail feathers! Watching these guys is a real delight and I wish they were treated more kindly all in all. Yay corvids!
835f82241bde5c3fdab93dcabc04f34425703952.png3b3fdf11a371593fe406aecfde3cc58dffa966ae.pngd68dbe491908146d7ba91be515fda75232d91960.pngfdaffaf5dbfa65d847a15ad972a5432bcac3fcbc.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23