Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 528 529 530 531 532 ... 706 707
@Decaffeinated *SCREEEE* ALRIGHT, GONNA NYOOM AND GET THIS LORE DONE xD
@Decaffeinated *SCREEEE* ALRIGHT, GONNA NYOOM AND GET THIS LORE DONE xD
ashmane_chimera.pngferberus.pngquillcrown_parda.png
@JayChirps *Cheers on!*
@JayChirps *Cheers on!*
@Decaffeinated Alrighty, 368 words later, his lore is complete. His name is going to be Gio :) The rumors told of a deep pink Skydancer who made money off of his hobbies. One of his most well known hobbies was his ability to craft some of the finest soaps. He almost always kept a fire burning in his workshop, and just outside it was a brook that he had placed enchantments over to prevent it from ever drying up. He often uses animal fats as opposed to vegetable oils. Nothing wrong with the second option, but it comes down to personal preference really. Gio designed and built a pot to help him make soap, and he often poured the soap into rectangular bars. He never made the same design twice. Along with this, once colours were used with a fragrance, they often didn’t get paired again. However, the downside was the wait time for the soaps to properly cure. When soaps were curing, Gio moved onto other projects. One of his favorite side hobbies was painting and carving intricate designs on and into bones and gemstones. However, he is incredibly picky about what bones and gemstones he carves and paints. He’s far more likely to carve into smaller objects and far more likely to paint larger objects. Much like Gio’s soaps, he doesn’t paint or carve the same thing twice. Sure, finished pieces may seem similar, but their never exactly the same. However, unlike his soaps, he doesn’t make any money off of these. Instead, he gives these out to a select few dragons. Currently, there’s only about twenty-five to thirty dragons who have carved or painted pieces. Recently, though, Gio has run into art block. He hasn’t been able to make soap, carvings, or paintings in over three months and it’s beginning to drive him wild. He decides to abandon his workshop in favor for traveling, exploring, and map making. He also begins to ‘tame’ any beastclan members he comes across. As he travels, he comes across an old red and blue skydancer traveling along with a pitch black wildclaw with her skull exposed. They tell him tales of Landow, a place for all: be it dragon or former beastclan member. He decides the next chance he gets he’ll go check it out himself. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46750656][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/467507/46750656_350.png[/img][/url]
@Decaffeinated Alrighty, 368 words later, his lore is complete. His name is going to be Gio :)

The rumors told of a deep pink Skydancer who made money off of his hobbies. One of his most well known hobbies was his ability to craft some of the finest soaps. He almost always kept a fire burning in his workshop, and just outside it was a brook that he had placed enchantments over to prevent it from ever drying up. He often uses animal fats as opposed to vegetable oils. Nothing wrong with the second option, but it comes down to personal preference really. Gio designed and built a pot to help him make soap, and he often poured the soap into rectangular bars. He never made the same design twice. Along with this, once colours were used with a fragrance, they often didn’t get paired again. However, the downside was the wait time for the soaps to properly cure.

When soaps were curing, Gio moved onto other projects. One of his favorite side hobbies was painting and carving intricate designs on and into bones and gemstones. However, he is incredibly picky about what bones and gemstones he carves and paints. He’s far more likely to carve into smaller objects and far more likely to paint larger objects. Much like Gio’s soaps, he doesn’t paint or carve the same thing twice. Sure, finished pieces may seem similar, but their never exactly the same. However, unlike his soaps, he doesn’t make any money off of these. Instead, he gives these out to a select few dragons. Currently, there’s only about twenty-five to thirty dragons who have carved or painted pieces.

Recently, though, Gio has run into art block. He hasn’t been able to make soap, carvings, or paintings in over three months and it’s beginning to drive him wild. He decides to abandon his workshop in favor for traveling, exploring, and map making. He also begins to ‘tame’ any beastclan members he comes across. As he travels, he comes across an old red and blue skydancer traveling along with a pitch black wildclaw with her skull exposed. They tell him tales of Landow, a place for all: be it dragon or former beastclan member. He decides the next chance he gets he’ll go check it out himself.

46750656_350.png
ashmane_chimera.pngferberus.pngquillcrown_parda.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52935747] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529358/52935747_350.png[/img] [/url] @Decaffeinated Mind putting this derg on hold while I write her a chunk of lore?

52935747_350.png

@Decaffeinated

Mind putting this derg on hold while I write her a chunk of lore?
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
If you could rename him Trail like trails after shooting stars that would be great!(315 words)
Trail is an ancient line of pearlcatchers called Starcatchers. He hatched on one of the highest peaks in the lighting kingdom. Under the nightfall when a star shot past the sky. Then once the Hatching has come out of the shell, the parents fly up into space and find a small dormant star. They company down to the right size and that became the Starcatchers’ pearl.
Trial blinked as he tumbled out of his shell. His big eyes could see the stars shining brightly in the night sky.
He blinked watching his parents fly into the black of night. A while later they returned with a bright shining dormant star. He tumbled over and clutched the precious piece. Somewhere in himself he knew that he would need to protect this star, for it was not his own.
Trial made friends quite quickly for his age often becoming a life of the party out of Starcatchers groups.
He often goes on adventures with his friends and gets into lots of trouble putting constellations out of order. He likes to sneak into piles of Starsilks and take naps thinking they are mighty comfy.
He loves to draw constellations with his friends and make new ones as well. He plans to sneak out one day and make some new constellations in the sky.
He can’t wait to grow up and be adorn with Starsilks, he hopes that he might find a different job may be one day cause you never know when one life may become boring.

~
A lot of years later.

Trail now helps his family collect stars for the dragon that make starsilks. He quite enjoys his life and can be found flying through space with her pearl and his friends.
Trail still often gets into trouble making him have to work more hours. He hopes to find love one day and have hatchlings of his own.
If you could rename him Trail like trails after shooting stars that would be great!(315 words)
Trail is an ancient line of pearlcatchers called Starcatchers. He hatched on one of the highest peaks in the lighting kingdom. Under the nightfall when a star shot past the sky. Then once the Hatching has come out of the shell, the parents fly up into space and find a small dormant star. They company down to the right size and that became the Starcatchers’ pearl.
Trial blinked as he tumbled out of his shell. His big eyes could see the stars shining brightly in the night sky.
He blinked watching his parents fly into the black of night. A while later they returned with a bright shining dormant star. He tumbled over and clutched the precious piece. Somewhere in himself he knew that he would need to protect this star, for it was not his own.
Trial made friends quite quickly for his age often becoming a life of the party out of Starcatchers groups.
He often goes on adventures with his friends and gets into lots of trouble putting constellations out of order. He likes to sneak into piles of Starsilks and take naps thinking they are mighty comfy.
He loves to draw constellations with his friends and make new ones as well. He plans to sneak out one day and make some new constellations in the sky.
He can’t wait to grow up and be adorn with Starsilks, he hopes that he might find a different job may be one day cause you never know when one life may become boring.

~
A lot of years later.

Trail now helps his family collect stars for the dragon that make starsilks. He quite enjoys his life and can be found flying through space with her pearl and his friends.
Trail still often gets into trouble making him have to work more hours. He hopes to find love one day and have hatchlings of his own.
@Decaffeinated Word count: 323 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52935747] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529358/52935747_350.png[/img] [/url] Subject Name: Alora Gender: She Breed: Spiral Experiment: How long an egg can stay in a flight until it binds and cannot be changed. Success: [b]Yes[/b] or No Details:[spoiler]Tidelord's[/spoiler] A powerful water mage's nest of 5, Aora's egg was remove an hour after conception and was moved to an Arcane clan's nest where it seen went from a grey colored hard shelled sphere to a lively arcane bound egg. Notes: During combat the arcane bolt seems to get mottled up with water interspersed within, whether this information can be used to create more powerful mages are yet to be seen. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It didn't take long after her work at the observatory and her nosy tendancies to find this, but this was quite odd, she knew something felt off, but originally coming from water, her dad being some sort of popular water mage? This was cooler than her ordinary spiral mom and a missing dad. She knew once her years of service of work under the Arcanist was up she would fy out trying to figure out just who they are, it was a mystery. Something she could do, solve, something more interesting than the monotony of The observatory. The quicly folded the peice of paper with a scribbled out name into her satchel, maybe if she can see what the words under the scribble was she'd solve the mystery. At the end of the day, she softly blew onto the bedside kunzite and started rereading the paper, trying to make out the letters under the heavy scribbling. she just couldn't. This ritual of trying to figure out what the letters where continued for years, eventually finding the name to begin with a T and ends with a d, though the heavy scribbling in the middle made it hard to figure out the letters. Soon her time serving the Arcanist was up, and she packed her bags and set off in search of who this powerful water mage was.
@Decaffeinated

Word count: 323

52935747_350.png

Subject Name: Alora
Breed: Spiral
Experiment: How long an egg can stay in a flight until it binds and cannot be changed.
Success: Yes or No
Details:Tidelord's A powerful water mage's nest of 5, Aora's egg was remove an hour after conception and was moved to an Arcane clan's nest where it seen went from a grey colored hard shelled sphere to a lively arcane bound egg.
Notes: During combat the arcane bolt seems to get mottled up with water interspersed within, whether this information can be used to create more powerful mages are yet to be seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take long after her work at the observatory and her nosy tendancies to find this, but this was quite odd, she knew something felt off, but originally coming from water, her dad being some sort of popular water mage? This was cooler than her ordinary spiral mom and a missing dad. She knew once her years of service of work under the Arcanist was up she would fy out trying to figure out just who they are, it was a mystery. Something she could do, solve, something more interesting than the monotony of The observatory. The quicly folded the peice of paper with a scribbled out name into her satchel, maybe if she can see what the words under the scribble was she'd solve the mystery.
At the end of the day, she softly blew onto the bedside kunzite and started rereading the paper, trying to make out the letters under the heavy scribbling. she just couldn't. This ritual of trying to figure out what the letters where continued for years, eventually finding the name to begin with a T and ends with a d, though the heavy scribbling in the middle made it hard to figure out the letters. Soon her time serving the Arcanist was up, and she packed her bags and set off in search of who this powerful water mage was.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
@Decaffeinated Aaaaah I'm so sorry Decaf. I couldn't get the lore out in time. I thought I'd try something new with writing and I spent all my writing time writing something that I absolutely hate and am completely unsatisfied with so far and I don't have anymore time today to write it. I really want that girl though and I feel really bad asking this, but, could I please have an extension? I absolutely promise I'll get it done tomorrow. I'd just really prefer to not put out something I'm unsatisfied with for a girl who deserves something great.
@Decaffeinated Aaaaah I'm so sorry Decaf. I couldn't get the lore out in time. I thought I'd try something new with writing and I spent all my writing time writing something that I absolutely hate and am completely unsatisfied with so far and I don't have anymore time today to write it. I really want that girl though and I feel really bad asking this, but, could I please have an extension? I absolutely promise I'll get it done tomorrow. I'd just really prefer to not put out something I'm unsatisfied with for a girl who deserves something great.
2lwv2f.gif Invisible Spacing text to push tree image to the right..
Sprinkles|They/Them|HoO/PJO lover|Starkid obsessed|Wishlist
@JayChirps That's a pretty neat piece ^-^ I wonder if he'll find his inspiration back in Landow.

@Tang That's a cute story and a pretty neat concept, too!

@Alfamangle Great use of the prompt! She'll be sent to you shortly!

@SprinklesTheCat I'll give you an extra day for the rewrite.
@JayChirps That's a pretty neat piece ^-^ I wonder if he'll find his inspiration back in Landow.

@Tang That's a cute story and a pretty neat concept, too!

@Alfamangle Great use of the prompt! She'll be sent to you shortly!

@SprinklesTheCat I'll give you an extra day for the rewrite.
@Decaffeinated Thank you! I'm writing the lore right now!
@Decaffeinated Thank you! I'm writing the lore right now!
2lwv2f.gif Invisible Spacing text to push tree image to the right..
Sprinkles|They/Them|HoO/PJO lover|Starkid obsessed|Wishlist
Hello everyone! Firstly, there's be a small update to the listings (including the prompt dragons).

Secondly, I am excited to announce that thanks to the incredibly generous Nekokitty813, we are having a special gaoler lotto today featuring a little hatchling with a Blossom tert! Because of the gene's rarity, though, this lotto is only open to those who don't already have a blossom gaoler in their lair.

Please note that I'll be away this afternoon so it'll take me a bit to compile the entries but don't let that stop you from entering! I'll compile all the entries when I come back ^-^

That's all for now! Please have a lovely day!

@Xayxayx @Crimsonpixie @IcyCrystal @KasstheKitten @RoaringSpector
@SprinklesTheCat @DarkNovu @Lacy @Graceclem @CleverDual
@Aquatic @dirtyclaws @LadyChipmunk @Continlula @LemonsSharks
@Alew @Nightdraco @dancingcrane @Dragonspire @Wolflover267
@xspideray @PricklyGoose @Scyshe @MisterArtist @lilystar6
@Surreptitious @Archiy @Slugoon @Seoul @Quiller @Sincerity11
@Aerylei @CowboyMouth @Thornshade @vegastellaris
@SirWonton @LemmeRest @rei711 @oribi @meowmeow2023 @Ikterrin
@Solvei @Alitema @BigBossGiovanni @Ebby172 @SassyTRex
@AquaSharkBoy @WickedBunnie @Disillusionist @BoxNSocks
@SapphireAppy @NeekoNeekoNii @SirWonton @ShadowPiper @JPNerd
@Kpribbit @shrapnelsong @ClayLovesCarrots @Razatharia @Okolu
@FireBrimstone @OriginalIAm @teardropcrystal @Enkil
@MegaraFrostalon @SmokyQuartz2 @CobaltSkies @yeehawbuckaroo
@septarianflare @StarsweptVoid @OrcDovahkiin @Zalva @Okiama
@InheritanceLight @MasterEggy @DragonSpiralArt @Petall @quietgal
@UpbeatIguana @Banevear @Animonster @Spiderfrog15 @Kdragon
@ofkismetandkalon @dejanuation @InfernalShepherd @Ghastjio
@nebulaesailor @FlyingTemeraire @Silverstream2 @LadyExperiment
@magpietellme @HolyShipper @Whuffie @AnonEclipse @LunaTenebrisFlos
@Calamazu @GlitchedFox @mukuroikusabas @Niernen @Eliriel
@onemessyperson @pinkkittens @CheriSeed @Darquesse @PureTorture
@IcarusInks @Dartrix @Moonchild42 @Bronzewing @Arkanjel
@monochromia @Espoir @LadyParagon @Alastriona1 @Tritail @Shakalaka
@Moonpearl @dragonfairy1034 @smeen @Juri01 @Riyoku @ShadowWyvern15
@ERRexie @Epor10 @SpiresOfSpirits @DevonAkabane @poolOFtears
@Airplanefoxx @Catrisa @Opifex @Saraceaser @Kaitorubel
@ClockworkEclipse @MorRioghan @MaybeHuman @KittyHamilton
@GreenTeaPython @Allegria @Wolfoxx @nabal @LadyOfTheSkies
@arywyvern @BottledLightning @velvetpaws @Nekokitty813
@Anellas @QueenRed @ViaCurro @GalaPyre @dragonpals @forepaw
@NatsumeReikoSan @Self @LotsOfCrumbs @Jaynk @SaphireKat
@Moonwatcher2811 @VoxxVoleur @LionHeart27 @egggarden
@FrogTea @xylems @MeowFearMe @Myara21 @KatsuQuartz5 @GadzooksTD
@Atavism @Hyzenthlaay @Sillywinter @vendi @Siakb @dandyfrau
@EmeraldJubilee @KrazKitCat @viciousdisease @bittersweetlove
@GrinningWolf24 @AmethystOwl @TARDISvwoop @NStar @sinnohoe
@WolfWhiskerBlues @ClaudiusBez @Xarina @SkylaDownfall12
@Saturnia @DafishOmega @girlinthechair @cvthedral @Selah @daisiology
@Aontacht @Everburn @AJDented @CoyoteFlowers @Tang
Hello everyone! Firstly, there's be a small update to the listings (including the prompt dragons).

Secondly, I am excited to announce that thanks to the incredibly generous Nekokitty813, we are having a special gaoler lotto today featuring a little hatchling with a Blossom tert! Because of the gene's rarity, though, this lotto is only open to those who don't already have a blossom gaoler in their lair.

Please note that I'll be away this afternoon so it'll take me a bit to compile the entries but don't let that stop you from entering! I'll compile all the entries when I come back ^-^

That's all for now! Please have a lovely day!

@Xayxayx @Crimsonpixie @IcyCrystal @KasstheKitten @RoaringSpector
@SprinklesTheCat @DarkNovu @Lacy @Graceclem @CleverDual
@Aquatic @dirtyclaws @LadyChipmunk @Continlula @LemonsSharks
@Alew @Nightdraco @dancingcrane @Dragonspire @Wolflover267
@xspideray @PricklyGoose @Scyshe @MisterArtist @lilystar6
@Surreptitious @Archiy @Slugoon @Seoul @Quiller @Sincerity11
@Aerylei @CowboyMouth @Thornshade @vegastellaris
@SirWonton @LemmeRest @rei711 @oribi @meowmeow2023 @Ikterrin
@Solvei @Alitema @BigBossGiovanni @Ebby172 @SassyTRex
@AquaSharkBoy @WickedBunnie @Disillusionist @BoxNSocks
@SapphireAppy @NeekoNeekoNii @SirWonton @ShadowPiper @JPNerd
@Kpribbit @shrapnelsong @ClayLovesCarrots @Razatharia @Okolu