Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 407 408 409 410 411 ... 706 707
@onemessyperson The poor thing. For all her power, it doesn't seem that life has been kind to her.

@Sukuna Held!

@macaroni33 What a fascinating bit of lore! I can't imagine having to go through life knowing your mere presence proves deathly.
@onemessyperson The poor thing. For all her power, it doesn't seem that life has been kind to her.

@Sukuna Held!

@macaroni33 What a fascinating bit of lore! I can't imagine having to go through life knowing your mere presence proves deathly.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51552391] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/515524/51552391_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=4]The rippling lakes, the multitudinous dews, the traveling waves as they embraced each and every shore. Cove always enjoyed his time among the vast bodies of water spread throughout his world. Gazing up at the pale white sky he took in a deep breath and tasted the salty sea air. He had come this far in creating his happy place, his home among a sky of dragons, each of which held their own domain among the stars. Some held dominion over dark and dreary deserts, others lush forests constantly scorched in the sun's illustrious rays and more still trapped high up in the sky within twisting laboratory's lined with puzzles and conflicting labyrinths. Still, Cove wished to create something more, he wanted something... something special. The mirror stood listening to the gentle winds around him as the soft waves caressed his talons. Embracing the palms of his feet in a soothing hold as he continued to ponder what it was he wanted in his wide open sky. The Shadow Flight within him was eager for darkness... yet Cove wished strongly for a sense of light. He wanted his world to sparkle and reflect the carefree and loving efforts he had put into it's creation. He wished for the waves to playfully leap and catch the light around them so that they may show off their ever wondrous glory. He wanted others to peer into the depths to see their reflections and find for a moment a sense of who they were... Yet he wanted a moment of thought and sorrow to hit them. He wanted them to have a moment of peace, of realization, of complete and utter acceptance that was reminiscent of tranquility rather than pain. With all the wishes he had the world around him started to take on a new form and a new life.... It finally began to take shape. Twinkling stars shot throughout the sky and settled into their own official nebulas in a burst of radiant colors. An aurora lightning spread throughout the sky and embraced each little section with it's own flurries of shades till the whole world reflected a deep and breathtaking view of numerous hues. The lightning then faded and took shape in a waving series of lines as the ocean continued to peacefully lap at the glimmering sands. The waves collected a reflection of the night sky which darkly contrasted the colors above and created an all encompassing pull into a twinkling abyss. Cove gazed down in wonder at the colors below him as they revealed to him a spitting image of himself. He took a moment to reflect on his previous life as a mischievous hatchling and tears of joy sprung forth from the sockets of his eyes. Blinking his tears away and lifting his head the waves sent a gentle mist against his face as color upon color captivated his view. It was constantly moving and changing till even the tiniest dewdrop contained within it an ever changing rainbow of brilliance. Cove spent some time resting and admiring his new world as the waves leapt about to capture the radiance of the night sky, he wanted to share the place but there was no way he could ever truly leave... "Dad" he murmured out to the calming waves "Dad... you were right... we can all find a sense of peace. One day... one day I hope you join me here. Please come join me in my paradise"
@mermaidlorelei

51552391_350.png

The rippling lakes, the multitudinous dews, the traveling waves as they embraced each and every shore. Cove always enjoyed his time among the vast bodies of water spread throughout his world.

Gazing up at the pale white sky he took in a deep breath and tasted the salty sea air. He had come this far in creating his happy place, his home among a sky of dragons, each of which held their own domain among the stars.

Some held dominion over dark and dreary deserts, others lush forests constantly scorched in the sun's illustrious rays and more still trapped high up in the sky within twisting laboratory's lined with puzzles and conflicting labyrinths.

Still, Cove wished to create something more, he wanted something... something special. The mirror stood listening to the gentle winds around him as the soft waves caressed his talons. Embracing the palms of his feet in a soothing hold as he continued to ponder what it was he wanted in his wide open sky.

The Shadow Flight within him was eager for darkness... yet Cove wished strongly for a sense of light. He wanted his world to sparkle and reflect the carefree and loving efforts he had put into it's creation. He wished for the waves to playfully leap and catch the light around them so that they may show off their ever wondrous glory.

He wanted others to peer into the depths to see their reflections and find for a moment a sense of who they were... Yet he wanted a moment of thought and sorrow to hit them. He wanted them to have a moment of peace, of realization, of complete and utter acceptance that was reminiscent of tranquility rather than pain.

With all the wishes he had the world around him started to take on a new form and a new life.... It finally began to take shape.

Twinkling stars shot throughout the sky and settled into their own official nebulas in a burst of radiant colors. An aurora lightning spread throughout the sky and embraced each little section with it's own flurries of shades till the whole world reflected a deep and breathtaking view of numerous hues.

The lightning then faded and took shape in a waving series of lines as the ocean continued to peacefully lap at the glimmering sands. The waves collected a reflection of the night sky which darkly contrasted the colors above and created an all encompassing pull into a twinkling abyss. Cove gazed down in wonder at the colors below him as they revealed to him a spitting image of himself.

He took a moment to reflect on his previous life as a mischievous hatchling and tears of joy sprung forth from the sockets of his eyes. Blinking his tears away and lifting his head the waves sent a gentle mist against his face as color upon color captivated his view. It was constantly moving and changing till even the tiniest dewdrop contained within it an ever changing rainbow of brilliance.

Cove spent some time resting and admiring his new world as the waves leapt about to capture the radiance of the night sky, he wanted to share the place but there was no way he could ever truly leave... "Dad" he murmured out to the calming waves "Dad... you were right... we can all find a sense of peace. One day... one day I hope you join me here. Please come join me in my paradise"
Untitled-2.pngVCwQOWU.gif8wW43T2.gif2pV6DWj.gif
@Catrisa What a pity, to have created such beauty only to be alone in it.
@Catrisa What a pity, to have created such beauty only to be alone in it.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Decaffeinated: The boy has been lored. Do you mind renaming him to "Thrall" for me? I just spent a ton of money on lair expansion and don't have any to spend offhand. :) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509810/50980955_350.png[/img] If [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=452562&tab=dragon&did=51473789]Veneration’s[/url] existence is an ode to the power that is love, Thrall’s speaks to the sickness that is pining. It seems that at every turn, Thrall finds himself helplessly mesmerized by yet another derg, from the smallest Fae to the most imposing Imperial - an experience his best friend, Veneration, jokingly refers to as [i]en-thrallment[/i]. If this derg’s heart was ever not bleeding, one might need to question if he were even alive. Actualized romance seems out of the question for this Pearlcatcher. His few successful ventures in becoming romantically involved with another dergs always spin out of control into some sort of fantastic catastrophe, the stuff of which often becomes a local legend within whatever clan Thrall finds himself tailing in order to woo a member of. There was the time his attempt at a one-week anniversary present accidentally crashed the entirety of the Sea of a Thousand Current’s sand dollar economy for a day. Or when he managed to set fire to the Gladekeer’s inner realm trying to arrange a candlelit dinner. Still, these are just minor setbacks, right? Statistically speaking, eventually [i]something[/i] won’t blow up in his face. And he’s scrounging Sornieth for that “something”. It is with some surprise that Thrall has never found himself in love with Veneration. True, the concept of a best-friend-to-lover is one that he frequently explores within his lovestruck poetry and tearful lyrics, but to him Veneration exists very much outside of his realm of romantic love - making it somewhat ironic that Veneration considers him the only derg she’s ever experienced her purest form of romance with...but isn’t Thrall’s life one of ironies, anyhow? Much like his friend, Thrall makes his living through the written word, his stories of failed romance and unrequited love jerking the heartstrings of dergs across Sornieth. His steamier tales reside in the libraries of adult dergs, far away from the prying claws of hatchlings. His permanent home is within Mavenlark as an artisan of the Legacy Parlor. He hopes to be remembered in history alongside his eventual partner, and not as the derg who spent his life yearning for what he couldn't have. (I even have [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkkKfGawZF4]a theme song for him and Veneration's relationship[/url], haha - thinking of making him his own Spotify playlist)
@Decaffeinated: The boy has been lored. Do you mind renaming him to "Thrall" for me? I just spent a ton of money on lair expansion and don't have any to spend offhand. :)

50980955_350.png

If Veneration’s existence is an ode to the power that is love, Thrall’s speaks to the sickness that is pining. It seems that at every turn, Thrall finds himself helplessly mesmerized by yet another derg, from the smallest Fae to the most imposing Imperial - an experience his best friend, Veneration, jokingly refers to as en-thrallment. If this derg’s heart was ever not bleeding, one might need to question if he were even alive.

Actualized romance seems out of the question for this Pearlcatcher. His few successful ventures in becoming romantically involved with another dergs always spin out of control into some sort of fantastic catastrophe, the stuff of which often becomes a local legend within whatever clan Thrall finds himself tailing in order to woo a member of. There was the time his attempt at a one-week anniversary present accidentally crashed the entirety of the Sea of a Thousand Current’s sand dollar economy for a day. Or when he managed to set fire to the Gladekeer’s inner realm trying to arrange a candlelit dinner. Still, these are just minor setbacks, right? Statistically speaking, eventually something won’t blow up in his face. And he’s scrounging Sornieth for that “something”.

It is with some surprise that Thrall has never found himself in love with Veneration. True, the concept of a best-friend-to-lover is one that he frequently explores within his lovestruck poetry and tearful lyrics, but to him Veneration exists very much outside of his realm of romantic love - making it somewhat ironic that Veneration considers him the only derg she’s ever experienced her purest form of romance with...but isn’t Thrall’s life one of ironies, anyhow?

Much like his friend, Thrall makes his living through the written word, his stories of failed romance and unrequited love jerking the heartstrings of dergs across Sornieth. His steamier tales reside in the libraries of adult dergs, far away from the prying claws of hatchlings.

His permanent home is within Mavenlark as an artisan of the Legacy Parlor. He hopes to be remembered in history alongside his eventual partner, and not as the derg who spent his life yearning for what he couldn't have.

(I even have a theme song for him and Veneration's relationship, haha - thinking of making him his own Spotify playlist)
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
“Hurry! They're here!”

Howls and snarls ripped through the clan as the news spread. Their rival clan, another pack of mirrors with some other strays, had come to try and take the herd they had been stalking. Both were small, both were nomadic, both followed herds of prey to survive.

Not for the first time, their rivals had come to take what was theirs. This left them with two options: fight or drive their herd away. Since the rivals were already so near, the best option was to face them and make them pay for their pride.

Nirilor woke at the first cries, but stayed nestled down in his nest. He was too small to fight or hunt much beyond little rodents. It was better if he stayed here, out of the way.

The grown dragons raced off to defend what was theirs, while the hatchlings stayed low in their nests. There was only ever a couple at a time, and Nirilor was the newest.

At first he tried to curl up and get more sleep. However, that proved to be impossible thanks to the roars of battle coming from further down the plain. He opened his eyes and instead decided to watch with his chin resting against the edge of his nest.

While he watched, something dark spiraled through the sky. He could only see it because it was so hot against the cold night and stars above.

It came towards the nests, and landed at the edge. It laughed and muttered words he could only just hear, “Fools, leaving their future unprotected.”

He closed his bright blue eyes and slowly drew back into the confines of his nest. He tried to burrow under the soft materials that lined it, but they couldn't cover him completely, at least not without attracting much attention. He lay as still as he could. His body was dark and an irregular pattern helped to break his shape.

He lay there in silence. Something rustled near him. The spiral who had come. There was a shriek from the nest not far from him, then eerie silence. Soft steps resumed and then came a scrabble of noise. One of the others was trying to run. She didn't get far.

Once the dragon had finished his foul work on the other hatchlings, Nirilor knew now could be his time. His heart raced as the rustling steps drew near to him. Instead of coming close, the soft sound of wings opening and then flapping against the air met his ears. He sighed softly, not daring to make a noise yet. Slowly he opened his eyes and watched the bright hot mark twirl off against the sky, back to where the battle raged.

He whimpered. He didn't dare look around, he just stayed huddled in his nest. Fear and tension kept him awake a long time, long enough to hear the sounds of battle die down. No one came for him. For better or for worse, he was on his own now.
~~~~~
@mermaidlorelei
I need to start writing happier stories for these babies I think.... then again who joins a new clan cuz they're happy with their lives lol
“Hurry! They're here!”

Howls and snarls ripped through the clan as the news spread. Their rival clan, another pack of mirrors with some other strays, had come to try and take the herd they had been stalking. Both were small, both were nomadic, both followed herds of prey to survive.

Not for the first time, their rivals had come to take what was theirs. This left them with two options: fight or drive their herd away. Since the rivals were already so near, the best option was to face them and make them pay for their pride.

Nirilor woke at the first cries, but stayed nestled down in his nest. He was too small to fight or hunt much beyond little rodents. It was better if he stayed here, out of the way.

The grown dragons raced off to defend what was theirs, while the hatchlings stayed low in their nests. There was only ever a couple at a time, and Nirilor was the newest.

At first he tried to curl up and get more sleep. However, that proved to be impossible thanks to the roars of battle coming from further down the plain. He opened his eyes and instead decided to watch with his chin resting against the edge of his nest.

While he watched, something dark spiraled through the sky. He could only see it because it was so hot against the cold night and stars above.

It came towards the nests, and landed at the edge. It laughed and muttered words he could only just hear, “Fools, leaving their future unprotected.”

He closed his bright blue eyes and slowly drew back into the confines of his nest. He tried to burrow under the soft materials that lined it, but they couldn't cover him completely, at least not without attracting much attention. He lay as still as he could. His body was dark and an irregular pattern helped to break his shape.

He lay there in silence. Something rustled near him. The spiral who had come. There was a shriek from the nest not far from him, then eerie silence. Soft steps resumed and then came a scrabble of noise. One of the others was trying to run. She didn't get far.

Once the dragon had finished his foul work on the other hatchlings, Nirilor knew now could be his time. His heart raced as the rustling steps drew near to him. Instead of coming close, the soft sound of wings opening and then flapping against the air met his ears. He sighed softly, not daring to make a noise yet. Slowly he opened his eyes and watched the bright hot mark twirl off against the sky, back to where the battle raged.

He whimpered. He didn't dare look around, he just stayed huddled in his nest. Fear and tension kept him awake a long time, long enough to hear the sounds of battle die down. No one came for him. For better or for worse, he was on his own now.
~~~~~
@mermaidlorelei
I need to start writing happier stories for these babies I think.... then again who joins a new clan cuz they're happy with their lives lol
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
@mermaidlorelei Hope I'm not too late! Sorry this may get a little dark at the end! I kinda use stories to just vent sometimes. :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51362807] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/513629/51362807_350.png[/img] [/url] "What do you mean it's radioactive?!" A frightened voice screeched. Malice only knew one voice that could go that high. His mother's. He buried his snout in his talons and sighed. [i]It was[/i] one [i]chemical spill and now my life is ruined[/i]! "That is my [i]son[/i]! I will not have a poisoned son! Fix him! [b]Now[/b]!" He slowly crept out of the examination room, trying to avoid his mother. He forgot how bright his scales were now. His mother's screech tore through the examination room and all the dragons that hadn't been staring at them before were looking now. "What. Happened?!" "Mom. Stop screaming. It's embarrassing." "I'll be as embarrassing as I like until this excuse of a doctor fixes you!" His mother fluffed up her feathers and proceeded to fix the doctor with what she thought was a threatening glare. "Mam, there's nothing we can do. I'm sorry. He's going to have to stay this way." Before Malice's mother could explode upon the doctor he grabbed her snout and slammed it shut. If looks could kill, the one his mother gave him would. "Thank you doctor!" He said hurriedly, "We'll just be going now!" As soon as they got outside he sighed in relief and hung his head in exhaustion. While his mother huffed off and screeched in the background he began the long walk home. The trees were just starting to turn brilliant yellows and reds in time for fall and Malice sighed at the peacefulness of it all. Then his mother caught up. "This is a disgrace! Those doctors are horrible! Honey, I promise we will find a doctor to fix you and-" Malice clamped his talons back around his mother's snout and wearily said, "Mom. I'm fine this way. I like it. I stand out and I finally won't be that little quiet Wildclaw. So really. It's fine. Don't stress yourself out about it." Then he released her mouth and for what seemed like the first time all day his mother stilled. And Malice walked away. He felt the cool, earthy ground seep between his talons and sighed out of relief. He was finally alone. Now he could think back about what really happened today. [i]He pumped his legs, his heart matching speed[/i]. [i]Talons thundering along the ground, just like the blood in his ears[/i]. [i]His mother was going to[/i] kill [i]him if he was late[/i]. [i]Then[/i]... [i]A crash[/i]. [i]A flash[/i]. [i]Of light[/i]. [i] And f a l l i n g[/i]... [i]into darkness[/i]. [i]Who knew the medical ward could be so cold[/i]? [i]Forget it[/i]! [i]Stop reminiscing[/i]! [i]What happened happened[/i]! [i]I must get over it[/i]! Malice opened his eyes and found himself clutching his ears to his head in a fetal position. He was going mad. This needed to end. It had been less than a day and he was already falling apart. He had just begun to get up from the floor when he slunk back down again. He flicked his tail wildly and admired the new colors that swirled around his scales. [i]This is a gift[/i]. [i][b]Not[/b] a curse[/i]. He wondered how many times he had to remind himself that. He took many trips to the same clearing for years to come. They were not happy ones.
@mermaidlorelei
Hope I'm not too late! Sorry this may get a little dark at the end! I kinda use stories to just vent sometimes. :)

51362807_350.png

"What do you mean it's radioactive?!" A frightened voice screeched.

Malice only knew one voice that could go that high. His mother's. He buried his snout in his talons and sighed. It was one chemical spill and now my life is ruined!

"That is my son! I will not have a poisoned son! Fix him! Now!"

He slowly crept out of the examination room, trying to avoid his mother. He forgot how bright his scales were now. His mother's screech tore through the examination room and all the dragons that hadn't been staring at them before were looking now.

"What. Happened?!"

"Mom. Stop screaming. It's embarrassing."

"I'll be as embarrassing as I like until this excuse of a doctor fixes you!"

His mother fluffed up her feathers and proceeded to fix the doctor with what she thought was a threatening glare.

"Mam, there's nothing we can do. I'm sorry. He's going to have to stay this way."

Before Malice's mother could explode upon the doctor he grabbed her snout and slammed it shut. If looks could kill, the one his mother gave him would.

"Thank you doctor!" He said hurriedly, "We'll just be going now!"

As soon as they got outside he sighed in relief and hung his head in exhaustion. While his mother huffed off and screeched in the background he began the long walk home. The trees were just starting to turn brilliant yellows and reds in time for fall and Malice sighed at the peacefulness of it all. Then his mother caught up.

"This is a disgrace! Those doctors are horrible! Honey, I promise we will find a doctor to fix you and-"

Malice clamped his talons back around his mother's snout and wearily said,

"Mom. I'm fine this way. I like it. I stand out and I finally won't be that little quiet Wildclaw. So really. It's fine. Don't stress yourself out about it."

Then he released her mouth and for what seemed like the first time all day his mother stilled. And Malice walked away.

He felt the cool, earthy ground seep between his talons and sighed out of relief. He was finally alone. Now he could think back about what really happened today.

He pumped his legs, his heart matching speed. Talons thundering along the ground, just like the blood in his ears. His mother was going to kill him if he was late. Then...

A crash.

A flash.

Of light.

And
f
a
l
l
i
n
g

into darkness.

Who knew the medical ward could be so cold?

Forget it! Stop reminiscing! What happened happened! I must get over it! Malice opened his eyes and found himself clutching his ears to his head in a fetal position. He was going mad. This needed to end. It had been less than a day and he was already falling apart. He had just begun to get up from the floor when he slunk back down again. He flicked his tail wildly and admired the new colors that swirled around his scales. This is a gift. Not a curse. He wondered how many times he had to remind himself that. He took many trips to the same clearing for years to come. They were not happy ones.
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
sorry it's late! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688557] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516886/51688557_350.png[/img] [/url] edit: I forgot to ping. aaaaa @mermaidlorelei ------- [center]Barren. Abandoned. Remote. Cold. Those are the only things she can come up with, mostly because there was nothing much to describe. All she can see was white, white snow everywhere she goes, with a strong blizzard blurring her sight, as if it mattered anyway. The deafening silence was only filled by the harsh blow of the wind. She didn’t know what to do. The world seemed so vast for her little self. Just an endless sea of snow and large, sharp icicles seeming to protrude from the white snow and surrounding her. It would’ve been a marvel had one of the icicles not be pointing at her very nose. Very carefully, she stood up, claws slightly sinking in the snow and her heart began to pick up its beat as her nervousness increased. What is this place? Where is she? She looked up and the sky was a dull navy blue, filled with dense clouds so thick she couldn’t tell where the moon is. It was terrifying and intimidating. And as he looked up, she noticed a shadow across the clouds before disappearing. The winds grew silent as soon as the figure appeared, and the blizzard died down. She made sure to step away from the icicles should she need to hide. There was then a flurry of snow as she heard a soft thump behind her and she turned around to find a large dragon towering over her, the other’s azure skin littered with star-like speckles. On second thought, they might actually be stars. The dull navy sky and the white snow were nearly visible through the translucent pthalo wings. The faint glow in his navy blue eyes were reflecting on the dragon’s Caribbean opal and was he a sight to witness. She swallowed a lump in her throat as she slowly found herself laying back down on the snow, knees trembling slightly out of fear. Upon closer look, she noticed scars all across the dragon’s body. Fresh scars, some of them still bleeding and painting the white snow red. There was a battle here. She yelped when the dragon moved his head to look up at the sky and then around. She heard him huff. “He ran away,” the imperial muttered as she watched him turn his attention back to her. “Can you fly?” She shook her head. She doesn’t know yet. All of a sudden, the dragon began to lie on the snow next to her with a heavy and exhausted sigh and she felt herself tense. The imperial seemed to pick up on it as well. “Do not be afraid, I will not hurt you,” he said, voice quiet and tone gentle. She had no reason to trust this scarred dragon, but here she was, finding his words genuine and relaxing. She released a breath she didn’t realise she had been holding. She watched him rest on the snow, his breathing slightly ragged and heavy, his eyes closed. “Do you have a name?” He asked and he opened his dark blue eyes once more. He watched her shake her head, and he turned his attention to her cerulean eyes and he took a deep breath. “How did I… end up here..?” She finally asked, voice croaky and dry from lack of use, she presumed. She saw his face turn into one of surprise and she had a hunch he wasn’t expecting that question. “You don’t remember?” He asked and She only shook her head again. -------- [i]”Where is the Crownmaster, Hod?” cried Owatatsumi as he digs his claws in the snow, eyes glaring ahead at the white guardian across him and sharp teeth gritted. The guardian was just as furious as the water dragon is. “I do not know what you are talking about. I have not seen her in ages! Are you accusing me of harming her?” The ice guardian roared as he, too, took his stance. Scars already littered their form from their skirmish during their first encounter. “She came to find you and bring you back home, and we have not heard from her since. Where did you take her, Hod?” Owatatsumi repeated, his frustration and wrath evident. “I did not do anything,” Hod hissed, his body shaking from the great restraint he puts to not lunge at the Imperial. However, the water dragon only scoffed. “Liar.” Owatatsumi accused right before he jumped and tackled the guardian, maw wide open. Their battle was long and fierce, all teeth and claws and had gone more erratic and more violent the longer it went on. Their battle was so intense and fierce that everytime they clashed, the thunder in the skies would roar and the blizzard would get worse. Until the time Owatatsumi had clashed against Hod, that the lightning finally strikes them both down, and the two were out for a short while. When Owatatsumi woke up, Hod was gone.[/i] “And I found you right where we were struck.” The imperial explained quietly as he now looked around the icicles and frozen water surrounding them. He sighed. “Te Uira.” He said abruptly and she looked up at him in confusion. Owatatsumi only looked down at her in return. “That is your name. [I]Te Uira[/I].”[/center]
sorry it's late!

51688557_350.png

edit: I forgot to ping. aaaaa
@mermaidlorelei

Barren.

Abandoned.

Remote.

Cold.

Those are the only things she can come up with, mostly because there was nothing much to describe. All she can see was white, white snow everywhere she goes, with a strong blizzard blurring her sight, as if it mattered anyway. The deafening silence was only filled by the harsh blow of the wind. She didn’t know what to do. The world seemed so vast for her little self. Just an endless sea of snow and large, sharp icicles seeming to protrude from the white snow and surrounding her. It would’ve been a marvel had one of the icicles not be pointing at her very nose.

Very carefully, she stood up, claws slightly sinking in the snow and her heart began to pick up its beat as her nervousness increased. What is this place? Where is she? She looked up and the sky was a dull navy blue, filled with dense clouds so thick she couldn’t tell where the moon is. It was terrifying and intimidating. And as he looked up, she noticed a shadow across the clouds before disappearing. The winds grew silent as soon as the figure appeared, and the blizzard died down. She made sure to step away from the icicles should she need to hide.

There was then a flurry of snow as she heard a soft thump behind her and she turned around to find a large dragon towering over her, the other’s azure skin littered with star-like speckles. On second thought, they might actually be stars. The dull navy sky and the white snow were nearly visible through the translucent pthalo wings. The faint glow in his navy blue eyes were reflecting on the dragon’s Caribbean opal and was he a sight to witness. She swallowed a lump in her throat as she slowly found herself laying back down on the snow, knees trembling slightly out of fear. Upon closer look, she noticed scars all across the dragon’s body. Fresh scars, some of them still bleeding and painting the white snow red.

There was a battle here.

She yelped when the dragon moved his head to look up at the sky and then around. She heard him huff.

“He ran away,” the imperial muttered as she watched him turn his attention back to her. “Can you fly?” She shook her head. She doesn’t know yet. All of a sudden, the dragon began to lie on the snow next to her with a heavy and exhausted sigh and she felt herself tense. The imperial seemed to pick up on it as well.

“Do not be afraid, I will not hurt you,” he said, voice quiet and tone gentle. She had no reason to trust this scarred dragon, but here she was, finding his words genuine and relaxing. She released a breath she didn’t realise she had been holding. She watched him rest on the snow, his breathing slightly ragged and heavy, his eyes closed.

“Do you have a name?” He asked and he opened his dark blue eyes once more. He watched her shake her head, and he turned his attention to her cerulean eyes and he took a deep breath.

“How did I… end up here..?” She finally asked, voice croaky and dry from lack of use, she presumed. She saw his face turn into one of surprise and she had a hunch he wasn’t expecting that question.

“You don’t remember?” He asked and She only shook her head again.

”Where is the Crownmaster, Hod?” cried Owatatsumi as he digs his claws in the snow, eyes glaring ahead at the white guardian across him and sharp teeth gritted. The guardian was just as furious as the water dragon is.

“I do not know what you are talking about. I have not seen her in ages! Are you accusing me of harming her?” The ice guardian roared as he, too, took his stance. Scars already littered their form from their skirmish during their first encounter.

“She came to find you and bring you back home, and we have not heard from her since. Where did you take her, Hod?” Owatatsumi repeated, his frustration and wrath evident.

“I did not do anything,” Hod hissed, his body shaking from the great restraint he puts to not lunge at the Imperial. However, the water dragon only scoffed.

“Liar.” Owatatsumi accused right before he jumped and tackled the guardian, maw wide open. Their battle was long and fierce, all teeth and claws and had gone more erratic and more violent the longer it went on. Their battle was so intense and fierce that everytime they clashed, the thunder in the skies would roar and the blizzard would get worse. Until the time Owatatsumi had clashed against Hod, that the lightning finally strikes them both down, and the two were out for a short while. When Owatatsumi woke up, Hod was gone.

“And I found you right where we were struck.” The imperial explained quietly as he now looked around the icicles and frozen water surrounding them. He sighed.

“Te Uira.” He said abruptly and she looked up at him in confusion. Owatatsumi only looked down at her in return. “That is your name. Te Uira.”
@Hyzenthlaay No worries! Our renaming service is for everyone, regardless of financial situation ^-^ His concept is great and I'm glad you're so stoked about having him!
@Hyzenthlaay No worries! Our renaming service is for everyone, regardless of financial situation ^-^ His concept is great and I'm glad you're so stoked about having him!
@Mermaidlorelei Sorry, accidentally deleted my former post! I would like to hold this boi! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51642698] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516427/51642698_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Mermaidlorelei
Sorry, accidentally deleted my former post! I would like to hold this boi!

51642698_350.png
polBfjK.gif

>SOME. [ TIMES ]?

>animation shop
@MermaidLorelei [i]A shadow pearlcatcher born on the eighth of May... [/i]Where was he? It was so dark... so cold... [i] Will leave the skies so dark and grey...[/i] What was that? There it was again! It looked like... A flash of light? A glimmer of something, here and there? Was that in the dark... A shimmering wing? It was so dark, he couldn't tell. Wait- Who was [i]he?[/i] he- he was a- a dragon. That was what he was. But what was that glittery thing? [i] Wait-[/i] he thought. [i]no, [b]who[/b] was that glittery thing?[/i] He writhed around. He was living, that was clear. But how long had he been here? How did he get here? Why did he suddenly snap to reality? [i]They will slaughter all, no with no mercy, no remorse.[/i] Was it because of that other dragon who was in here? As he thought, he caught the sight of gleaming runes. What was that? Well he knew one thing for sure. He had to get out of here. [i]They will destroy the domain of the Lightweaver if they follow this course.[/i] He saw the wing again. "Hey!" He shouted, voice horse from years of unuse. Or was it seconds of unuse? He was unsure. The dragon stayed silent. But he could see in the corner of his eye that the gold speck was drawing closer. [i]A shadow pearlcatcher born on the eighth of May...[/i] He tried to turn his head, but found he had something keeping him from moving. He saw in his peripheral vision the wing growing bigger and bigger, closer and closer. [i] Will fill the air with the scent of decay.[/i] Then there was a blinding flash, and when he tried to open his eyes he closed them immediately. The light was blinding. He couldn't see. But he could hear. And what he heard was horrifying. He heard the sound of flesh being torn under another dragon's claw. He heard screams of terror and pain. He heard the cries stop, one by one. And he heard the footsteps of the killer coming closer... closer... he could feel their hot breath... [i]They will bring about the end of light.[/i] "Please, spare me!" He cried. "That I shall, little voidling. Come with me. My name is Kauket." He was surprised. The killer's voice was gentle and caring. "Who-who are you? Why did you kill them?" the Voidling asked, voice quivering. "That is of no matter to you." [i]In death and despair they will delight. [/i] Still, he couldn't open his eyes. He couldn't fathom who they had killed, he was alone in his prison, save for that golden-winged imperial... "Did you kill that gold imperial?" He cried. "No. I am that gold imperial. Now enough questions. Open your eyes." He attempted to open his eyes again. He did it this time successfully, but though he knew his eyes were open, he couldn't see. [i]A shadow pearlcatcher born on the eighth of May...[/i] "Wh-why can't I see?" He asked, a hint of fear in voice. "Hm. Your eyes are a milky white. That is not good. You are blind." "W-what do you mean?" "I mean you can't see. Now stop talking." He obeyed, unable to comprehend what happened. There was a metallic screeching, and he was able to move his head, though numb. Another screech, and one of his arms fell to his side, numb. Kauket did this for the other 3 limbs, and, finally, his tail. He awkwardly stumbled around, not able to see. [i] will only have one dragon they will obey.[/i] He felt Kauket put something over his eyes. "A blindfold," She explained "That shows others you cannot see. Now follow me." He complied. [i]An imperial with shining runes and wings of gold.[/i] "Do you know what happened?" Kauket asked, her tone softening. "No." He replied. "You are a cursed child." "What?" "A prophecy, many years ago. You were chained and thrown in a void, with two guards who appear when someone gets in too close proximity to you. But now you are free. And now you deserve a name. You shall be named Ultor, for avenger." And together they walked away, off into the bloody sunset. [i]So beware of this Pearlcatcher, for its power and might no one can withhold.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kauket: (The gold winged imperial in the prophecy) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51139206] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/511393/51139206_350.png[/img] [/url] Ultor: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51642698] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516427/51642698_350.png[/img] [/url]
@MermaidLorelei
A shadow pearlcatcher born on the eighth of May...

Where was he? It was so dark... so cold...

Will leave the skies so dark and grey...

What was that? There it was again! It looked like... A flash of light? A glimmer of something, here and there? Was that in the dark... A shimmering wing? It was so dark, he couldn't tell. Wait- Who was he? he- he was a- a dragon. That was what he was. But what was that glittery thing? Wait- he thought. no, who was that glittery thing? He writhed around. He was living, that was clear. But how long had he been here? How did he get here? Why did he suddenly snap to reality?

They will slaughter all, no with no mercy, no remorse.

Was it because of that other dragon who was in here? As he thought, he caught the sight of gleaming runes. What was that? Well he knew one thing for sure. He had to get out of here.

They will destroy the domain of the Lightweaver if they follow this course.

He saw the wing again. "Hey!" He shouted, voice horse from years of unuse. Or was it seconds of unuse? He was unsure. The dragon stayed silent. But he could see in the corner of his eye that the gold speck was drawing closer.

He tried to turn his head, but found he had something keeping him from moving. He saw in his peripheral vision the wing growing bigger and bigger, closer and closer.

Will fill the air with the scent of decay.

Then there was a blinding flash, and when he tried to open his eyes he closed them immediately. The light was blinding. He couldn't see. But he could hear. And what he heard was horrifying. He heard the sound of flesh being torn under another dragon's claw. He heard screams of terror and pain. He heard the cries stop, one by one. And he heard the footsteps of the killer coming closer... closer... he could feel their hot breath...

They will bring about the end of light.

"Please, spare me!" He cried. "That I shall, little voidling. Come with me. My name is Kauket." He was surprised. The killer's voice was gentle and caring. "Who-who are you? Why did you kill them?" the Voidling asked, voice quivering. "That is of no matter to you."

In death and despair they will delight.

Still, he couldn't open his eyes. He couldn't fathom who they had killed, he was alone in his prison, save for that golden-winged imperial... "Did you kill that gold imperial?" He cried. "No. I am that gold imperial. Now enough questions. Open your eyes." He attempted to open his eyes again. He did it this time successfully, but though he knew his eyes were open, he couldn't see.

"Wh-why can't I see?" He asked, a hint of fear in voice. "Hm. Your eyes are a milky white. That is not good. You are blind." "W-what do you mean?" "I mean you can't see. Now stop talking." He obeyed, unable to comprehend what happened. There was a metallic screeching, and he was able to move his head, though numb. Another screech, and one of his arms fell to his side, numb. Kauket did this for the other 3 limbs, and, finally, his tail. He awkwardly stumbled around, not able to see.

will only have one dragon they will obey.

He felt Kauket put something over his eyes. "A blindfold," She explained "That shows others you cannot see. Now follow me." He complied.

An imperial with shining runes and wings of gold.

"Do you know what happened?" Kauket asked, her tone softening. "No." He replied. "You are a cursed child." "What?" "A prophecy, many years ago. You were chained and thrown in a void, with two guards who appear when someone gets in too close proximity to you. But now you are free. And now you deserve a name. You shall be named Ultor, for avenger." And together they walked away, off into the bloody sunset.

So beware of this Pearlcatcher, for its power and might no one can withhold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kauket: (The gold winged imperial in the prophecy)

51139206_350.png

Ultor:

51642698_350.png

polBfjK.gif

>SOME. [ TIMES ]?

>animation shop
1 2 ... 407 408 409 410 411 ... 706 707