Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 406 407 408 409 410 ... 706 707
@mermaidlorelei Hello! I'd love to put a reserve on Alseides. edit: aw, alseides was reserved first. can I reserve them instead? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688559] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516886/51688559_350.png[/img] [/url]
@mermaidlorelei Hello! I'd love to put a reserve on Alseides.

edit: aw, alseides was reserved first. can I reserve them instead?

51688559_350.png
@Dragonspire @onemessyperson @Moonwatcher2811 @sp580s @Catrisa @CleverDual Held!

@macaroni33 @GuardianDragonak @ViaCurro @Sukuna That dragon has been claimed.

@quietgal Interesting! I imagine most folks don't go out searching for the unkind constructs!
@Dragonspire @onemessyperson @Moonwatcher2811 @sp580s @Catrisa @CleverDual Held!

@macaroni33 @GuardianDragonak @ViaCurro @Sukuna That dragon has been claimed.

@quietgal Interesting! I imagine most folks don't go out searching for the unkind constructs!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Mermaidlorelei

Actually can you let GuardianDragonak (I believe they were the next to claim her) I've lost inspiration to write for her during the claim wait.
@Mermaidlorelei

Actually can you let GuardianDragonak (I believe they were the next to claim her) I've lost inspiration to write for her during the claim wait.
22042.png
@Dragonspire No worries, thank you for letting me know.

@macaroni33 Alseides is now on hold for you.
@Dragonspire No worries, thank you for letting me know.

@macaroni33 Alseides is now on hold for you.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688559] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516886/51688559_350.png[/img] [/url] Lore done ^^ Also I stretched the prompt again if you need a rewrite please let me know? If I get her I'd like to name her Thuellai, please. [rule] [b]Trigger warning:[/b] Implied murder? Nothing gory but it gets dark. Violent, chaotic and unstoppable. When one thinks of a storm, those are the words that would no doubt pop into the mind. And what would happen if, by some strange twist of gods and magic, this force of Nature should suddenly become personified? Surely this new being would be awe-inspiring, fearsome, brave but also consider confused, bewildered and tired. For Storms are allowed to fade and give way to sunnier days, an option that ceases when one becomes more. Storms do not feel it is not nuanced, but society demands it and forming relationships require both. So what then? How would this new being cope? Well, our story opens in the battle-torn region of the Sunbeam Ruins where an Emperor has raged for months. Give hope to the helpless. Heal the hurt. Give hope to the helpless. Heal the hurt. Give hope. Hope. Hope. Her purpose had been clear once upon a time. Howling winds as a distraction, lashing rains to cover a retreat, lightning and thunder to scare the abomination away. She had been successful in all of those, but hope still eluded her. She tried to make the word a mantra. Repeating it in her head and murmuring it under her breath whenever she had the chance. In a way, it was like a shield that protected her from the maelstrom of emotions that swirled around the caravan of refugees. It was getting harder to block out the emotions of those around her the longer they were on the road. Supplies were running low, and medicines were short two factors that seemed to settle a blanket of rage upon the group. There were whispers of the enemy tracking them, and no amount of bluster or promises from her could ease the mind. After all, no one believed that she was a storm. It was hard to hold on to purpose when she was weathered and weighed down. Her eyelids drooped, the broken ground seemed to cling to her feet as she trudged on. There had been a time when she would loiter around the back of the group, but now there was nowhere that she could go to escape these dark and festering feelings. A spirit could not deny its nature. To do so would be to twist into something monstrous. She had to help, but she didn't know how. She couldn't heal or find supplies, or brew medicines, all she could do was rage. Bluster. Swirl. In the absence of a target, this makeshift weapon of the gods was useless. "Press of bodies tight and together...sting of claws...fury and fire raining down. I didn't ask for this." The knife is cool in her hands and so very familiar as an old friend. She kneels next to the soldier on the ground, unnoticed by the tired and haggard healers that moved around from patient to patient trying to stop them from fading away. She could see the blood seeping sluggishly slow through the makeshift bandages around the soldier's head. The healers didn't think that he would survive the night and the soldier certainly didn't want to. The pain was unbearable. He wanted to go home. "Take me to your side, Lightweaver. Radiant Mother, why have you turned your back on me?" The form beneath her takes a slow, shuddering breath and she could feel how the simple movement of his chest going up and down makes him hurt. His eyes flutter open, the gold stark against pale feathers but there was a glassy quality to them. She knew that soon enough that the light behind those eyes would fade away into nothing. Soon wasn't coming quickly enough however and as her hands inched downward to press the tip of the dagger against the soldier's chest, she wondered why she was hesitating. A swift end, quick and clean, it was what the soldier deserved.
@mermaidlorelei

51688559_350.png

Lore done ^^ Also I stretched the prompt again if you need a rewrite please let me know? If I get her I'd like to name her Thuellai, please.

Trigger warning: Implied murder? Nothing gory but it gets dark.

Violent, chaotic and unstoppable. When one thinks of a storm, those are the words that would no doubt pop into the mind. And what would happen if, by some strange twist of gods and magic, this force of Nature should suddenly become personified? Surely this new being would be awe-inspiring, fearsome, brave but also consider confused, bewildered and tired. For Storms are allowed to fade and give way to sunnier days, an option that ceases when one becomes more. Storms do not feel it is not nuanced, but society demands it and forming relationships require both. So what then? How would this new being cope? Well, our story opens in the battle-torn region of the Sunbeam Ruins where an Emperor has raged for months.

Give hope to the helpless. Heal the hurt. Give hope to the helpless. Heal the hurt. Give hope. Hope. Hope. Her purpose had been clear once upon a time. Howling winds as a distraction, lashing rains to cover a retreat, lightning and thunder to scare the abomination away. She had been successful in all of those, but hope still eluded her. She tried to make the word a mantra. Repeating it in her head and murmuring it under her breath whenever she had the chance. In a way, it was like a shield that protected her from the maelstrom of emotions that swirled around the caravan of refugees. It was getting harder to block out the emotions of those around her the longer they were on the road. Supplies were running low, and medicines were short two factors that seemed to settle a blanket of rage upon the group. There were whispers of the enemy tracking them, and no amount of bluster or promises from her could ease the mind. After all, no one believed that she was a storm.

It was hard to hold on to purpose when she was weathered and weighed down. Her eyelids drooped, the broken ground seemed to cling to her feet as she trudged on. There had been a time when she would loiter around the back of the group, but now there was nowhere that she could go to escape these dark and festering feelings. A spirit could not deny its nature. To do so would be to twist into something monstrous. She had to help, but she didn't know how. She couldn't heal or find supplies, or brew medicines, all she could do was rage. Bluster. Swirl. In the absence of a target, this makeshift weapon of the gods was useless.

"Press of bodies tight and together...sting of claws...fury and fire raining down. I didn't ask for this." The knife is cool in her hands and so very familiar as an old friend. She kneels next to the soldier on the ground, unnoticed by the tired and haggard healers that moved around from patient to patient trying to stop them from fading away. She could see the blood seeping sluggishly slow through the makeshift bandages around the soldier's head. The healers didn't think that he would survive the night and the soldier certainly didn't want to. The pain was unbearable. He wanted to go home. "Take me to your side, Lightweaver. Radiant Mother, why have you turned your back on me?"

The form beneath her takes a slow, shuddering breath and she could feel how the simple movement of his chest going up and down makes him hurt. His eyes flutter open, the gold stark against pale feathers but there was a glassy quality to them. She knew that soon enough that the light behind those eyes would fade away into nothing. Soon wasn't coming quickly enough however and as her hands inched downward to press the tip of the dagger against the soldier's chest, she wondered why she was hesitating. A swift end, quick and clean, it was what the soldier deserved.
@mermaidlorelei aaa can I get them on hold then? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688557] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516886/51688557_350.png[/img] [/url]
@mermaidlorelei aaa can I get them on hold then?

51688557_350.png
@mermaidlorelei

ok I've written lore for Alseides! It's a bit long so I'm only gonna post the first 600 words here, but here's the link to the forum post I made with the full story if you wanted to read it :-)

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2680400#post_2680400
The sky was dark, a starless night. Warm winds stirred the dry grass. Dragons gathered to give congratulations to Arkania after hatching her clutch of eggs, three healthy males and a beautiful girl. At least, until they saw her eyes. None of the other hatchling’s eyes had opened, and they wouldn’t for several hours. But hers were open wide. Two bright spots of light; glaring and harsh in the darkness, glowing a steady orange. Pupiless and gaping. Grey wisps rose across her scales with the impression of smoke, her eyes the flame that cast them.

Immediately the dragons stepped back, murmuring fearfully to one another. This had never been seen before. All of her other hatchlings seemed healthy, but what could be done about this one? Is she blind? Would her eyes ever cease to glow? These were fearsome questions and there was little time to decide, for within the hour rumors were already beginning to spread that this hatchling was an ill omen. While her brothers ambled about slowly, she moved with abnormal skill and strength. They named her Alseides, in hopes that she would grow into the name; perhaps become gentle and normal over time. But this hope was soon abandoned. Alseides could already walk, while her brothers had not gotten up. The dragons watched her nip at the dead grass and pounce after insects. Their attention soon diverted to the worsening conditions of her hatchmates.

The dragons watching began to panic. A nocturne spoke out, his voice rising above the murmurs of the other dragons. “Something must be wrong. She shouldn’t be acting like this. And look- her brothers: they’re hardly breathing.”

Arkania reached down and nudged the males with her nose. Fear struck her, heavy with truth. “H-he’s right- they’re barely alive.” This was met with outcry.

The decision to outcast Alseides was instant. It appeared she had stolen her hatchling’s strength, sapped their energy to near death. She used their essence to fuel herself. While she romped across the ground, her brothers were recovering with a medic. Who else might she harm and what if she never grew to control it? The implications of this curse were impossible to ignore. They had killed dangerous dragons before- Alseides would be no exception.

Yet Arkania would not let them. She begged the clan leaders to give her daughter another way, a second chance. They agreed, but she was too dangerous to stay with them. They sent Alseides immediately into the wilderness. “If she has the strength to survive, then she will.”

Alseides didn’t remember her first years in the wild. Somehow she lived. She wandered from clan to clan, always exiled after a month or so. To survive, Alseides had to feed off the energy of another. This made her incredibly strong and adept in battle but eventually killed her host. When healthy, her eyes glowed a brilliant orange, and they dimmed as she weakened over time. She required something as large as a dragon to fuel her for a month, the likes of which she never found in the wild. Deer and rabbits were simply too small. Alseides would move to highly populated clans in the hopes of draining life from many dragons at once, but she discovered that this was not how her curse worked. She needed a single host. And so she would become fast friends with some unfortunate soul, live in the same dwelling, and sleep nearby at night, cementing her bond to them. After a month, the dragon would wither and die- their body diminished to ash, forcing Alseides to quickly move to another clan before they began to suspect the mysterious newcomer with glowing eyes. Alseides didn’t prefer living this way, but she must. There was no other option. Her heart became hardened to those around her. She couldn’t afford to care for anyone. It was a matter of survival.
@mermaidlorelei

ok I've written lore for Alseides! It's a bit long so I'm only gonna post the first 600 words here, but here's the link to the forum post I made with the full story if you wanted to read it :-)

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2680400#post_2680400
The sky was dark, a starless night. Warm winds stirred the dry grass. Dragons gathered to give congratulations to Arkania after hatching her clutch of eggs, three healthy males and a beautiful girl. At least, until they saw her eyes. None of the other hatchling’s eyes had opened, and they wouldn’t for several hours. But hers were open wide. Two bright spots of light; glaring and harsh in the darkness, glowing a steady orange. Pupiless and gaping. Grey wisps rose across her scales with the impression of smoke, her eyes the flame that cast them.

Immediately the dragons stepped back, murmuring fearfully to one another. This had never been seen before. All of her other hatchlings seemed healthy, but what could be done about this one? Is she blind? Would her eyes ever cease to glow? These were fearsome questions and there was little time to decide, for within the hour rumors were already beginning to spread that this hatchling was an ill omen. While her brothers ambled about slowly, she moved with abnormal skill and strength. They named her Alseides, in hopes that she would grow into the name; perhaps become gentle and normal over time. But this hope was soon abandoned. Alseides could already walk, while her brothers had not gotten up. The dragons watched her nip at the dead grass and pounce after insects. Their attention soon diverted to the worsening conditions of her hatchmates.

The dragons watching began to panic. A nocturne spoke out, his voice rising above the murmurs of the other dragons. “Something must be wrong. She shouldn’t be acting like this. And look- her brothers: they’re hardly breathing.”

Arkania reached down and nudged the males with her nose. Fear struck her, heavy with truth. “H-he’s right- they’re barely alive.” This was met with outcry.

The decision to outcast Alseides was instant. It appeared she had stolen her hatchling’s strength, sapped their energy to near death. She used their essence to fuel herself. While she romped across the ground, her brothers were recovering with a medic. Who else might she harm and what if she never grew to control it? The implications of this curse were impossible to ignore. They had killed dangerous dragons before- Alseides would be no exception.

Yet Arkania would not let them. She begged the clan leaders to give her daughter another way, a second chance. They agreed, but she was too dangerous to stay with them. They sent Alseides immediately into the wilderness. “If she has the strength to survive, then she will.”

Alseides didn’t remember her first years in the wild. Somehow she lived. She wandered from clan to clan, always exiled after a month or so. To survive, Alseides had to feed off the energy of another. This made her incredibly strong and adept in battle but eventually killed her host. When healthy, her eyes glowed a brilliant orange, and they dimmed as she weakened over time. She required something as large as a dragon to fuel her for a month, the likes of which she never found in the wild. Deer and rabbits were simply too small. Alseides would move to highly populated clans in the hopes of draining life from many dragons at once, but she discovered that this was not how her curse worked. She needed a single host. And so she would become fast friends with some unfortunate soul, live in the same dwelling, and sleep nearby at night, cementing her bond to them. After a month, the dragon would wither and die- their body diminished to ash, forcing Alseides to quickly move to another clan before they began to suspect the mysterious newcomer with glowing eyes. Alseides didn’t prefer living this way, but she must. There was no other option. Her heart became hardened to those around her. She couldn’t afford to care for anyone. It was a matter of survival.
Lore store :)
@HolyShipper Held!

@Hyzenthlaay aaaaaaaah goodness it's adorable! I'll send her over in a moment ^-^
@HolyShipper Held!

@Hyzenthlaay aaaaaaaah goodness it's adorable! I'll send her over in a moment ^-^
@Decaffeinated: I'm invoking my right to two dragons per week and requesting this guy! I want to tie his lore into Veneration's. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50980955][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509810/50980955_350.png[/img][/url]
@Decaffeinated:

I'm invoking my right to two dragons per week and requesting this guy! I want to tie his lore into Veneration's.

50980955_350.png
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@Hyzenthlaay he's held for you!
@Hyzenthlaay he's held for you!
1 2 ... 406 407 408 409 410 ... 706 707