Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 372 373 374 375 376 ... 706 707
@mermaidlorelei Sorry if it's a bit late but here's my lore for Helios! I can change it if needed! I always seemed to mess up the first time! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51145755] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/511458/51145755_350.png[/img] [/url] "Papa, can you tell me a story?" His father's warm laugh filled his head and joy flowed through him at his loving gaze. "It may be a little past your bedtime, young one," he leaned in close and whispered, "Maybe we just don't tell your mother." "Don't tell me what," Aster's voice echoed from the kitchen where she had decided to clean up for dinner. His father picked him up gently from the ground and cradled him in her arms. He pushed his legs against him and cried, "Daaaaad! I'm too old for this," though he didn't really mean it. He must have known this, and pulled him closer, muffling any further protests. "If you really [i]must[/i] have a story I can give you one. How about one from my childhood? When I was a young dragonet." "Yes! Yes! Please!" "You sound like a little bird with all of that chirping," Helios (the dad) laughed. "Now, a long time ago..." The sound of laughter filled Helio's head as he chased the other dragonets around the schoolyard. The treesap was hard against his talons, glowing in all of it's amber radiance, but he didn't mind. "Helios! Don't stray from the group!" His teacher's voice warned, full of foreboding, as he had almost tread through the entryway garden. Today was just too exciting! Apparently the King and Queen had brought a visitor into their midst and they had been cleared with full-Hive access! Suddenly oohs and ahhs sprung up from the excited group of dragonets and Helios craned his head to see the newcomer. The new dragon was [i]beautiful[/i]. His scales shone with the blue shade of night and day colliding and his wings were intricately designed and reminded Helios of those quite like a butterfly. The new dragon introduced himself as Wyrmeye and the dragons, the adults included, marveled at his smooth talking. It felt like the most prized honey reserved for only the most special occasions. He gave a kind smile to the large crowd gathering and Helios was quickly pushed to the ground amidst a sea of bright yellow scales. His honeycomb wings were pushed to the ground and painfully being trampled on, but no amount of pain could hide the dragon's next words, "I have come to choose one of you to take back to my own home." The rest was not heard over the clamor of volunteers crowding the dragon. Then one single voice rose above them all, the voice of Helios's father. "Alright everyone! I know this is an amazing prospect but we must deal with this in an orderly fashion." At his call the dragons immediately began to organize themselves and even the newcomer seemed impressed. Oh how Helios couldn't wait to turn out like his dad. The next few days had the Hive in quite a tizzy. Everyone was energetic and excited at the prospect of leaving the Hive, something they had never done before, except to visit other Hives of course. But this dragon was taking them somewhere entirely new! There were many interviews conducted and many hopeful dragons. When it was Helios's turn to be interviewed, three days after the arrival of Wyrmeye, he was quick to grab pet Marzal and hurry out the door. He rushed through the hallways, quite empty as all work for the day been cancelled on account of the interviews. Then the little yellow door came into sight. Most homes in the Hive normally had their doors open, as all the dragons in the Hive are family and are treated as such, but that only made this door all the more terrifying. Slowly Helios strode up to the door and rapped his knuckles on it softly. "Come in," came Wyrmeye's voice from behind the door. "Hello," he paused and looked down at the sheet clutched in his dark blue talons, "Helios. Have a seat." There began the interview. [u]Years Later[/u]: Helios's eyes twinkled in delight as Wyrmeye snuck through the forest, eyes trained on a deer. Helios had found a tree to hide in, with a bee hive near the top. As Wyrmeye snuck closer to the deer he whistled soft and low and the bees from the hive came to dance around him. He hadn't lost the ability! Ha! Take that Aster! He whistled another command to the bees and they zoomed towards Wyrmeye. He didn't see them coming until they were upon him. Roaring in surprise as the swarm surrounded him, Wyrmeye scared the deer away and rushed to find a river to dunk himself in. Helios swung himself down from the tree and dropped down in front of Wyrmeye. "Gotcha!" Wyrmeye let out a loud laugh and flung himself atop Helios, ruffling the feathers on his head. "That'll teach you to mess with me!" The two wrestled and played most of the day. They must have been quite a sight. The two dragons surrounded by a halo of bees.
@mermaidlorelei
Sorry if it's a bit late but here's my lore for Helios! I can change it if needed! I always seemed to mess up the first time!

51145755_350.png

"Papa, can you tell me a story?" His father's warm laugh filled his head and joy flowed through him at his loving gaze. "It may be a little past your bedtime, young one," he leaned in close and whispered, "Maybe we just don't tell your mother." "Don't tell me what," Aster's voice echoed from the kitchen where she had decided to clean up for dinner. His father picked him up gently from the ground and cradled him in her arms. He pushed his legs against him and cried, "Daaaaad! I'm too old for this," though he didn't really mean it. He must have known this, and pulled him closer, muffling any further protests. "If you really must have a story I can give you one. How about one from my childhood? When I was a young dragonet." "Yes! Yes! Please!" "You sound like a little bird with all of that chirping," Helios (the dad) laughed. "Now, a long time ago..."
The sound of laughter filled Helio's head as he chased the other dragonets around the schoolyard. The treesap was hard against his talons, glowing in all of it's amber radiance, but he didn't mind. "Helios! Don't stray from the group!" His teacher's voice warned, full of foreboding, as he had almost tread through the entryway garden. Today was just too exciting! Apparently the King and Queen had brought a visitor into their midst and they had been cleared with full-Hive access! Suddenly oohs and ahhs sprung up from the excited group of dragonets and Helios craned his head to see the newcomer. The new dragon was beautiful. His scales shone with the blue shade of night and day colliding and his wings were intricately designed and reminded Helios of those quite like a butterfly. The new dragon introduced himself as Wyrmeye and the dragons, the adults included, marveled at his smooth talking. It felt like the most prized honey reserved for only the most special occasions. He gave a kind smile to the large crowd gathering and Helios was quickly pushed to the ground amidst a sea of bright yellow scales. His honeycomb wings were pushed to the ground and painfully being trampled on, but no amount of pain could hide the dragon's next words, "I have come to choose one of you to take back to my own home." The rest was not heard over the clamor of volunteers crowding the dragon. Then one single voice rose above them all, the voice of Helios's father. "Alright everyone! I know this is an amazing prospect but we must deal with this in an orderly fashion." At his call the dragons immediately began to organize themselves and even the newcomer seemed impressed. Oh how Helios couldn't wait to turn out like his dad.
The next few days had the Hive in quite a tizzy. Everyone was energetic and excited at the prospect of leaving the Hive, something they had never done before, except to visit other Hives of course. But this dragon was taking them somewhere entirely new! There were many interviews conducted and many hopeful dragons. When it was Helios's turn to be interviewed, three days after the arrival of Wyrmeye, he was quick to grab pet Marzal and hurry out the door. He rushed through the hallways, quite empty as all work for the day been cancelled on account of the interviews. Then the little yellow door came into sight. Most homes in the Hive normally had their doors open, as all the dragons in the Hive are family and are treated as such, but that only made this door all the more terrifying. Slowly Helios strode up to the door and rapped his knuckles on it softly. "Come in," came Wyrmeye's voice from behind the door. "Hello," he paused and looked down at the sheet clutched in his dark blue talons, "Helios. Have a seat." There began the interview.

Years Later:
Helios's eyes twinkled in delight as Wyrmeye snuck through the forest, eyes trained on a deer. Helios had found a tree to hide in, with a bee hive near the top. As Wyrmeye snuck closer to the deer he whistled soft and low and the bees from the hive came to dance around him. He hadn't lost the ability! Ha! Take that Aster! He whistled another command to the bees and they zoomed towards Wyrmeye. He didn't see them coming until they were upon him. Roaring in surprise as the swarm surrounded him, Wyrmeye scared the deer away and rushed to find a river to dunk himself in. Helios swung himself down from the tree and dropped down in front of Wyrmeye. "Gotcha!" Wyrmeye let out a loud laugh and flung himself atop Helios, ruffling the feathers on his head. "That'll teach you to mess with me!" The two wrestled and played most of the day. They must have been quite a sight. The two dragons surrounded by a halo of bees.
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
@Decaffeinated [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50030706] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500308/50030706_350.png[/img] [/url] School struck again, and it looks like I won't have time to create lore for Bellatrix in time ^^; Apologies, but may I please have my hold removed?
@Decaffeinated

50030706_350.png

School struck again, and it looks like I won't have time to create lore for Bellatrix in time ^^; Apologies, but may I please have my hold removed?
image0.gif
@Gueulemer Held!

@Moonwatcher2811 I think you did just fine! There were a couple of spelling mistakes and grammar flubs, but nothing overtly apparent!
@Gueulemer Held!

@Moonwatcher2811 I think you did just fine! There were a couple of spelling mistakes and grammar flubs, but nothing overtly apparent!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Animonster Of course! Thank you very much for letting me know! ^-^
@Animonster Of course! Thank you very much for letting me know! ^-^
@mermaidlorelei May I claim this fellow from the prompt section, please? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50913259] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509133/50913259_350.png[/img] [/url]
@mermaidlorelei

May I claim this fellow from the prompt section, please?

50913259_350.png
5uiycuK.pnglg4Dhjm.pngsk6EBUK.pngVdIvDLJ.pngKe9i9hi.pngsvyKPF9.png
@LadyChipmunk Absolutely!
@LadyChipmunk Absolutely!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Decaffeinated If it's still open, may i please enter the timed lotto and... as they cancelled their hold, would it be possible for me to place a hold on this lovely? : o BBCode: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50030706] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500308/50030706_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated

If it's still open, may i please enter the timed lotto and... as they cancelled their hold, would it be possible for me to place a hold on this lovely? : o

BBCode:

50030706_350.png
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
@Espoir Entered and held
@Espoir Entered and held
@LadyChipmunk
@Graceclem
@MorRioghan
@JPNerd
@ClockworkEclipse
@Moonwatcher2811
@onemessyperson
@SpiresOfSpirits
@poolOFtears
@Espoir

The lotto has been drawn and JPNerd is the winner! You have 24hrs to write your dragon. Please note that the word count has been adjusted.
@LadyChipmunk
@Graceclem
@MorRioghan
@JPNerd
@ClockworkEclipse
@Moonwatcher2811
@onemessyperson
@SpiresOfSpirits
@poolOFtears
@Espoir

The lotto has been drawn and JPNerd is the winner! You have 24hrs to write your dragon. Please note that the word count has been adjusted.
@Mermaidlorelei [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50913259] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509133/50913259_350.png[/img] [/url] Lucus woke in the dark and panicked. Not from the eons of slumber, but from the cold feel of the shadows pressing in on all sides. The Light Golem needed sunlight to thrive. Darkness robbed him of his powers and turned his luminous, blinding hide dull. Too long in darkness, and he weakened and eventually fell into a death-like torpor. It had been how the dragon gods stopped him before, by forcing him into this dark, deep cave and building a stone structure so tall and heavy even Lucus could not move it. But, the Pillar of the World had shifted when the Earth Golem awoke, the ground split. A tiny glimmer of daylight spilled through the rents left by the earthquakes. Enough to rouse Lucus. As the barest hint of light touched his scales, Lucus calmed. He felt the other golems stirring from their prisons as well, each waking in their own time, each marshalling the strength to shrug off their chains. They’d keep. None of them acted quickly, and only the Shadow Golem had ever been a problem for Lucus. And she still slept. Besides, all of them had more pressing enemies to vanqush than each other. The Dragon Gods needed to be destroyed, all their children erased, and the Dream Realm dismantled. They could not risk being stymied again. He sidled into the beam and examined himself. His glorious pure light hide had taken on a greenish tint, but though dimmed it remained pliable enough to be given form. It would take time to recharge, to regain his full strength, but Lucus could be patient. Curling into the beam he pulled the light of himself into a spiral. A purely physical hide, greenish, but still alight from within with dancing motes of light, solidified. It would be easier to move in the daylight if he blended with the hapless dragons above. Or so he told himself, refusing to admit that he’d been locked into taking only dragon forms so very, very long ago. It didn’t matter. Someday, with those who had tangled their magics to him dead, he’d be himself again, a blazing being of laser-sharp brightness. The last thing anyone would see before his light enveloped them forever.
@Mermaidlorelei

50913259_350.png

Lucus woke in the dark and panicked. Not from the eons of slumber, but from the cold feel of the shadows pressing in on all sides. The Light Golem needed sunlight to thrive. Darkness robbed him of his powers and turned his luminous, blinding hide dull.

Too long in darkness, and he weakened and eventually fell into a death-like torpor. It had been how the dragon gods stopped him before, by forcing him into this dark, deep cave and building a stone structure so tall and heavy even Lucus could not move it.

But, the Pillar of the World had shifted when the Earth Golem awoke, the ground split. A tiny glimmer of daylight spilled through the rents left by the earthquakes. Enough to rouse Lucus. As the barest hint of light touched his scales, Lucus calmed. He felt the other golems stirring from their prisons as well, each waking in their own time, each marshalling the strength to shrug off their chains.

They’d keep. None of them acted quickly, and only the Shadow Golem had ever been a problem for Lucus. And she still slept. Besides, all of them had more pressing enemies to vanqush than each other. The Dragon Gods needed to be destroyed, all their children erased, and the Dream Realm dismantled. They could not risk being stymied again.

He sidled into the beam and examined himself. His glorious pure light hide had taken on a greenish tint, but though dimmed it remained pliable enough to be given form. It would take time to recharge, to regain his full strength, but Lucus could be patient. Curling into the beam he pulled the light of himself into a spiral. A purely physical hide, greenish, but still alight from within with dancing motes of light, solidified. It would be easier to move in the daylight if he blended with the hapless dragons above. Or so he told himself, refusing to admit that he’d been locked into taking only dragon forms so very, very long ago.

It didn’t matter. Someday, with those who had tangled their magics to him dead, he’d be himself again, a blazing being of laser-sharp brightness. The last thing anyone would see before his light enveloped them forever.
5uiycuK.pnglg4Dhjm.pngsk6EBUK.pngVdIvDLJ.pngKe9i9hi.pngsvyKPF9.png
1 2 ... 372 373 374 375 376 ... 706 707