Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Thread closed
1 2 ... 380 381 382 383 384 ... 386 387
Also @schingiuire how do you check word count? this is what I have so far:

The rocking of a ship lulled a hatchling to sleep. It was quite funny, truly, because a raging battle was taking place just beyond the ships protective walls, and this dragon managed to sleep through it; that was, until the door to her resting place swung open with a bang. Jumping up in surprise, the hatchling squaked, angry to be woken from her slumber.
"Shhh, shhh." The giant who had disturbed her whispered in a loving tone. Once the hatchling stopped her wailing, the dragon picked her up and cradled her in her arms. The dragon who carried the dragon seemed like a female, but it was hard to tell. Definitely a imperial, however.
The hatchling was starting to cry, and her captor started to freak out. A nearby mango caught her eye, and she grabbed it so quickly it nearly crushed in her talons. Peeling it, the hatchling was already reaching for it.
The dragon gave the hatchling a piece of the mango, and the hatchling instantly munched down on it. A smile appeared on the dragons face, before realizing she was in the middle of a battle.
"She has the princess! Get her!" The yell made Akaya jump into the air, her wings beating.
"Akaya, bring her to our ship!" The captor's captain yelled, his blade at some dragon's neck. With a nod, the dragon leapt into the air. Now it was obvious she was a female.
Talons on her tail showed her that she was caught. Strong arms pulled her from the sky, forcing her on to the planks of the ship floor. She used her massive wings protected the hatchling she held. This was a dangerous mission, not for herself, but for the next heir who resigned in her talons.
She flung her tail into the attacker's face, and they backed away slightly.
They now circled each other in a duel. He'd lunge with his daggers then draw back. Her mind was swirling until she saw her Captain sneaking up behind him. Her eyes didn't turn from the dragon she was dueling till the last moment, when he grabbed his shoulders and sunk his broadsword into his chest.
"Bring the child to safety. I'll tell you when you can come out." Albatros said, pointing to the room the child was in originally. She ran into the room, leaned across the door, and her wings wrapped around the young princess and my head bent down.
"You'll be alright." She whispered.
"She's in there, lets go." A growl caught her attention, and her mind became a panic.
Bang.. Bang.. Bang..
The door behind her shook.
"Akaya- r-un!" Atlantas yelled. His voice sounded like he was stressing out, or like there was a dragon on top of him. I barged out of the door, and two mirrors flew backwards. One hit a pillar with a crack. Albatros was covered in dragons, trying to snatch away his broadsword.
With the hatchling in her hand, she rushed over and grabbed the sword. Albatros let go, trusting she'd know what to do.
She leapt into the air, with the whole crew following her. When everyone left Albatros, she let the sword fall into his claws.
When he grabbed it, the surge of power that ran across the battlefield was undeniably there.
"I can handle them now, go to the ship." Albatros said with confidence. She flew slowly with the hatchling in hand, and landed on her own ship, which was peaceful.
"Vile! There is a baby abroad! Anywhere I could put her?" She rocked the baby in her arms, watching as Vile ran up to her.
"Aw cute, what'll you name her?" He asked, petting the baby Coatl's feathers back.
"How about Keeper? After Hazel's sister?" Her head turned to Hazel, Vile's daughter.
"I- sure, that sounds great!" Vile said, but she could see the sadness in his eyes at the mention of the name. His smile was genuine, however. It was a happy sadness.
"The little keeper." He said, smiling down at her. "Welcome to the crew." He whispered to her.
Also @schingiuire how do you check word count? this is what I have so far:

The rocking of a ship lulled a hatchling to sleep. It was quite funny, truly, because a raging battle was taking place just beyond the ships protective walls, and this dragon managed to sleep through it; that was, until the door to her resting place swung open with a bang. Jumping up in surprise, the hatchling squaked, angry to be woken from her slumber.
"Shhh, shhh." The giant who had disturbed her whispered in a loving tone. Once the hatchling stopped her wailing, the dragon picked her up and cradled her in her arms. The dragon who carried the dragon seemed like a female, but it was hard to tell. Definitely a imperial, however.
The hatchling was starting to cry, and her captor started to freak out. A nearby mango caught her eye, and she grabbed it so quickly it nearly crushed in her talons. Peeling it, the hatchling was already reaching for it.
The dragon gave the hatchling a piece of the mango, and the hatchling instantly munched down on it. A smile appeared on the dragons face, before realizing she was in the middle of a battle.
"She has the princess! Get her!" The yell made Akaya jump into the air, her wings beating.
"Akaya, bring her to our ship!" The captor's captain yelled, his blade at some dragon's neck. With a nod, the dragon leapt into the air. Now it was obvious she was a female.
Talons on her tail showed her that she was caught. Strong arms pulled her from the sky, forcing her on to the planks of the ship floor. She used her massive wings protected the hatchling she held. This was a dangerous mission, not for herself, but for the next heir who resigned in her talons.
She flung her tail into the attacker's face, and they backed away slightly.
They now circled each other in a duel. He'd lunge with his daggers then draw back. Her mind was swirling until she saw her Captain sneaking up behind him. Her eyes didn't turn from the dragon she was dueling till the last moment, when he grabbed his shoulders and sunk his broadsword into his chest.
"Bring the child to safety. I'll tell you when you can come out." Albatros said, pointing to the room the child was in originally. She ran into the room, leaned across the door, and her wings wrapped around the young princess and my head bent down.
"You'll be alright." She whispered.
"She's in there, lets go." A growl caught her attention, and her mind became a panic.
Bang.. Bang.. Bang..
The door behind her shook.
"Akaya- r-un!" Atlantas yelled. His voice sounded like he was stressing out, or like there was a dragon on top of him. I barged out of the door, and two mirrors flew backwards. One hit a pillar with a crack. Albatros was covered in dragons, trying to snatch away his broadsword.
With the hatchling in her hand, she rushed over and grabbed the sword. Albatros let go, trusting she'd know what to do.
She leapt into the air, with the whole crew following her. When everyone left Albatros, she let the sword fall into his claws.
When he grabbed it, the surge of power that ran across the battlefield was undeniably there.
"I can handle them now, go to the ship." Albatros said with confidence. She flew slowly with the hatchling in hand, and landed on her own ship, which was peaceful.
"Vile! There is a baby abroad! Anywhere I could put her?" She rocked the baby in her arms, watching as Vile ran up to her.
"Aw cute, what'll you name her?" He asked, petting the baby Coatl's feathers back.
"How about Keeper? After Hazel's sister?" Her head turned to Hazel, Vile's daughter.
"I- sure, that sounds great!" Vile said, but she could see the sadness in his eyes at the mention of the name. His smile was genuine, however. It was a happy sadness.
"The little keeper." He said, smiling down at her. "Welcome to the crew." He whispered to her.
@Schingiuire, I believe if I've read the rules correctly, I may claim one more dragon for the week? I'd like to claim Santos, please. Here is his lore. 907 words: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47282467] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/472825/47282467_350.png[/img] [/url] Santos is a dreamer. But, he doesn’t only dream dreams, he can interpret them. Of course, the accuracy of his interpretations depends on the dreamer’s divulgence of facts and inclusion of every part of the dream. When half-truths are told or important parts of a dream are omitted he is left to base his interpretation on what he’s told. Unfortunately, he neglected to give this disclaimer to the King. Now, the King was not HIS King, just A King. But, his arrival was fraught with pomp and circumstance. It was apparent that he was Important, but Santos didn’t realize just how Important until it was too late. Up until the arrival of the King, Santos was an extremely laid back dragon. He didn’t worry about much. He dreamed pleasant dreams and gave mostly accurate interpretations to his friends and family. If he misinterpreted a dream because of an omission, the dragon who had had the dream would always take responsibility for not disclosing all the details. Mainly because they were embarrassing and they wanted to keep them to themselves. Nothing bad ever came of it, except that one time where his father showed up to a party dressed as a human and it turned out to be a cocktail party, not a costume party. That was a bit embarrassing, but nobody got their pantaloons in a bunch about it. Anyway, the King showed up one day after having been camped with his entourage on the outskirts of Santos’ clan’s territory. He had dreamed of a black raven with a twig in its mouth, dancing to a tune of the Plague Territory. He’d had this dream for three nights in a row, but no one could tell him what it meant. Disturbed, he sent a team of dragons to the nearest Clan to inquire whether they had a soothsayer or mystic to help with the interpretation. Santos was recommended to the strangers and after a brief consultation was brought before the King. However, when the King relayed the details of the dream to Santos, he left out the fact that the raven carried a twig in its mouth. Santos considered all the information and regretfully told the King that he would soon run into a powerful dragon of the Plague Flight who would infect him with a disease of unimaginable pain. From that point on, he would fail to rule with success and his kingdom would be taken over and dedicated to the Plaugebringer. Unsettled by this news, the King made the difficult decision to relinquish his title to his Right Hand and set off alone to meet the foretold dragon who would seal his fate. He did come upon a Sorcerer of the Plague Flight who did curse him with an illness that caused great pain. But, shortly afterwards the King stumbled upon a Wind Clan that homed a renowned Healer who used his power to cure the King. This cure was the part of the dream represented by the twig, and had the King only told Santos, he would have known that his illness would not lead to the dismantlement or takeover of his kingdom. Returning to his kingdom, the King discovered that his Right Hand rather enjoyed his new position and refused to relinquish his new power. Instead, he plotted to capture the King and throw him into the deepest, darkest dungeon to rot and be forgotten. The King was warned by his most loyal subjects and he escaped before the evil plot could be carried out, but now he would live in danger for the rest of the Right Hand’s reign. He cursed the dream interpreting Tundra he had listened to and called upon a mighty sorcerer to cast a curse on the unsuspecting dragon. From that point on, Santos would be surrounded by an immense flock of ravens, all of whom would want to peck his eyes out and rip the fur from his body. Santos, back at home, knew nothing of the curse until a flock of ravens appeared one day and surrounded him. Pecking and scratching, they chased Santos back to his lair where he fell into his nest, bleeding and exhausted. His dreams revealed to him the origin of the ravens and the curse that had been cast. Sadly, Santos prepared to leave his home. Until the curse was broken, he refused to subject his clan to the terror of the ravens. Though they didn’t attack his clan-mates, they destroyed everything in their path and left bird droppings everywhere. Pies could not be left on windowsills, laundry could not be hung out to dry. The dragons had to fly everywhere because walking in bird poop was simply disgusting. They didn’t deserve all that. And so, the next morning, Santos began tunnelling. He dug and dug and tunnelled and tunnelled. For days, he worked beneath the ground, hoping to lose the ravenous ravens, but every time he broke the surface of the earth, they were there. And so, he kept going, pulling plants down by their roots for sustenance when needed to eat and digging down to underground springs when he needed to hydrate. It was not a life he enjoyed, but his dreams told him that his time in the tunnels would end one day. And so, until then, he continued to dig, praying for a dream to tell him how and where and when the curse could be broken.
@Schingiuire, I believe if I've read the rules correctly, I may claim one more dragon for the week? I'd like to claim Santos, please. Here is his lore. 907 words:

47282467_350.png

Santos is a dreamer. But, he doesn’t only dream dreams, he can interpret them. Of course, the accuracy of his interpretations depends on the dreamer’s divulgence of facts and inclusion of every part of the dream. When half-truths are told or important parts of a dream are omitted he is left to base his interpretation on what he’s told. Unfortunately, he neglected to give this disclaimer to the King.

Now, the King was not HIS King, just A King. But, his arrival was fraught with pomp and circumstance. It was apparent that he was Important, but Santos didn’t realize just how Important until it was too late.

Up until the arrival of the King, Santos was an extremely laid back dragon. He didn’t worry about much. He dreamed pleasant dreams and gave mostly accurate interpretations to his friends and family. If he misinterpreted a dream because of an omission, the dragon who had had the dream would always take responsibility for not disclosing all the details. Mainly because they were embarrassing and they wanted to keep them to themselves. Nothing bad ever came of it, except that one time where his father showed up to a party dressed as a human and it turned out to be a cocktail party, not a costume party. That was a bit embarrassing, but nobody got their pantaloons in a bunch about it.

Anyway, the King showed up one day after having been camped with his entourage on the outskirts of Santos’ clan’s territory. He had dreamed of a black raven with a twig in its mouth, dancing to a tune of the Plague Territory. He’d had this dream for three nights in a row, but no one could tell him what it meant. Disturbed, he sent a team of dragons to the nearest Clan to inquire whether they had a soothsayer or mystic to help with the interpretation.

Santos was recommended to the strangers and after a brief consultation was brought before the King. However, when the King relayed the details of the dream to Santos, he left out the fact that the raven carried a twig in its mouth.

Santos considered all the information and regretfully told the King that he would soon run into a powerful dragon of the Plague Flight who would infect him with a disease of unimaginable pain. From that point on, he would fail to rule with success and his kingdom would be taken over and dedicated to the Plaugebringer.

Unsettled by this news, the King made the difficult decision to relinquish his title to his Right Hand and set off alone to meet the foretold dragon who would seal his fate. He did come upon a Sorcerer of the Plague Flight who did curse him with an illness that caused great pain. But, shortly afterwards the King stumbled upon a Wind Clan that homed a renowned Healer who used his power to cure the King. This cure was the part of the dream represented by the twig, and had the King only told Santos, he would have known that his illness would not lead to the dismantlement or takeover of his kingdom.

Returning to his kingdom, the King discovered that his Right Hand rather enjoyed his new position and refused to relinquish his new power. Instead, he plotted to capture the King and throw him into the deepest, darkest dungeon to rot and be forgotten.

The King was warned by his most loyal subjects and he escaped before the evil plot could be carried out, but now he would live in danger for the rest of the Right Hand’s reign. He cursed the dream interpreting Tundra he had listened to and called upon a mighty sorcerer to cast a curse on the unsuspecting dragon. From that point on, Santos would be surrounded by an immense flock of ravens, all of whom would want to peck his eyes out and rip the fur from his body.

Santos, back at home, knew nothing of the curse until a flock of ravens appeared one day and surrounded him. Pecking and scratching, they chased Santos back to his lair where he fell into his nest, bleeding and exhausted. His dreams revealed to him the origin of the ravens and the curse that had been cast.

Sadly, Santos prepared to leave his home. Until the curse was broken, he refused to subject his clan to the terror of the ravens. Though they didn’t attack his clan-mates, they destroyed everything in their path and left bird droppings everywhere. Pies could not be left on windowsills, laundry could not be hung out to dry. The dragons had to fly everywhere because walking in bird poop was simply disgusting. They didn’t deserve all that.

And so, the next morning, Santos began tunnelling. He dug and dug and tunnelled and tunnelled. For days, he worked beneath the ground, hoping to lose the ravenous ravens, but every time he broke the surface of the earth, they were there. And so, he kept going, pulling plants down by their roots for sustenance when needed to eat and digging down to underground springs when he needed to hydrate.

It was not a life he enjoyed, but his dreams told him that his time in the tunnels would end one day. And so, until then, he continued to dig, praying for a dream to tell him how and where and when the curse could be broken.

@orchardofstone Hello, I believe I laid a claim for this boy, whom I'd name Pygmalion! I hope you enjoy the short epic style story I laid out for you! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48014943] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480150/48014943_350.png[/img] [/url] ---------- In a kingdom of chess there was only war. It was a constant fight of black pieces against white, a battle between the two lands because of the rivalry of the queens. The dragons of black were the warriors of the chess carved lands, but the dragons of white were the hero's. They both had reputations, white were pathetic pushovers and black was feral slaughterers. However, the dragons of each had no desire to slay the other kind. Neither wanted any part in the queens unruly need for dominance against the other. A black dragon, a war tired imperial with his wings stripped from his back wanted to prove himself. Metal wanted to prove that as a dragon he was not useless and that the beauties of art was not just for the pearly dragons. He was laughed at for his scarred back and his hopeless dreams. Yet he carried on. With his talons full of tools and a looming block of pure white ivory before him he only said “The days of war matter naught, fore future thee shall show” Metal started his creation, but he began to notice that the dragon before him was starting to take shape of its own. It was a dragon with wings spread in flight and it's talons sharpened for battle, but it's face held a serene look of peace. It was beautiful, intricate details and fur so meticulously placed. Metal only grew more and more obsessed with his work. Unfortunately, it was doomed to go wrong. With gasps of determined breath Metal saw that there was something wrong. He desperately sought his creation for what was wrong. In agony, he lashed out and sliced at his own body. His blood, black as night herself, arched onto the statue. The sculptor froze and cried “Oh, oh! Perpetual tenour to inspire my celestial heat! Wronged have done to you, my beauty not nam’d!” It was only until the black dragon opened his eyes and sought what he had been missing. “Eureka! Eureka!” He shouted, praising his own brilliance. He had realized that the dragon he was making was never supposed to be a single color. In a craze, Metal peeled his own scales off and sliced at his raw skin. He was manic as he drew his blood caked tools up once more and tattooed a tale into the beast's side. The Black was curled into ocean waves and the spirals foretold prophecies. The wings were striped into a ladder of steps that told of past future and present whereas the tail’s end was a brush to create life. Stripes were painted into the tail to create a path and its black stained paws revealed its glorious battles. The black mingled in with the white and created tones of grey for pale skin. It was a dragon that had never existed, a life between both lands. It was not a pawn like Metal, it took no sides. Metal crooned upon his creation being born, but he was losing life. In his madness to create what couldn't be done he had fallen in love with the beauty he had made, yet it was killing him with every drop of ink he lost from his blood stream. With his last, dying breath and his blood spilled across the tiled floors he whispered “My darling, oh my darling! I name thee Galatea! Nam’d thus been born, my life sorrows. Gladly I left, goodbye my love. I only wish to have been lovers with thee. Goodbye, goodbye!” He died on the cold floor surrounded by his own life blood, talons reaching for nothing while his statues name died on his breath. The statue’s eyes flashed purple, life given from magic and the ethereal themselves. Galatea woke and his first sight was the ruined corpse on the floor. He stepped down from his throne of ivory and dipped his snout into the inky blood of his creator. “Thank'd the adorned, I will make affirm your vengeance.” The born broke out of the stone cage the sculptors home took and fled to the sky. Galatea was not one of reality so he took the stars and held them in his underbelly. He used the speckled sky as fuel for his ungodly rage and left a fiery trail as he rocketed down to the earths. His flight path was now visible to the mortal eye as he flew over the battle scarred lands. Gasps echoes as the pawns of black and white drew their eyes to above. It was so stunning that the fighting that lasted for millennias froze for the first time. The dragon above them was like nothing they saw before, a glimpse of both worlds in one. Immediately they recognized the dragon as a god and wept in joy. They danced in their suits of armor with one another in a cesspool of whites and blacks, for the dragon above them was the same with all in between. The queens of their each land heard of the ruckus and sought each other out for a furious explanation. For the first time the black queen saw the white queen in person and vice versa. Their first words to each other were accusations. “What is this madness?” Cried the black queen. “Something has come afoot!” Bellowed the white queen. “What have you done?!” They echoed. It was only then that their eyes were brought to the sounds of talons clicking against the checkerboard floor. Roars of incredibility sounded at the impossible dragon before them. Queens in pure colors stood before Galatea, the white queen decked out in gorgeous satins of white and diamond jewelry with a crown of pure ivory. The black queen had cloths of the starless night and spinel jewelry with a crown of pure obsidian. Yet before them stood a dragon with no jewels, no fabrics, and no crown. But the foreboding look of impenetrable marble scales held something so much more impressive. “Who dare stand forth the queens of chess?” A queen demanded, her color mattering not. “How far dow thee selfishness run?” The newcoming dragon asked, wings flaring high above his proudly arching head. “Dare thee speak?!” Cried another queen. “Stop this war lest you be slain.” Galatea demanded. The queens had enough, launching themselves bodily at the stranger in pure frothing rage. They were mirror images of each other, perfect echoes. It was a sorrow that they had never decided to agree with each other. Galatea roared, breaking his facade and lashing back. The queens were disemboweled in a single strike and their powers went just as soon as the light flickered from their eyes. The queens were struck down, but it was a faulty death. Chess was never meant to end by a piece off of the board. Reality grew strained and the curse was lifted, the monotoned land suddenly bursting with color. The dragons in the battlefields grew in color and size, individuality appearing within every stripe of pink and every spot of blue. Colors danced for the first time and the kingdom celebrated. But it was not so simple for Galatea. He retraced his steps, Stars still glittering in his hide but he himself was not shining. He could only mourn as he flew into the broken building. Eyes laid on the corpse on the ground, he too still black as sin. “Oh, last you sleep. I know naught thee name so I keep the one given to me neither. I am called Pygmalion and you my lover.” It was only until the magic sparked in his eyes again that he was reminded of the last thing he could do. “My love, my love you love’d me once I can offer thee again. You requested thy love and I offer it back.” Pygmalion stood before the corpse and felt his body go solid, black and white of a fallen kingdom forever set in stone. His stillness represented the past, but his eyes played the future. He never moved again. When Metal awoke from his death, it was to a kingdom of his own and a story to be told. Maybe it was a dream to him, but he was suddenly in a world of color. His body was full of life and so was his people. Not only that, but he suddenly had his flight again in the form of wings. They were glistening and beautiful, perhaps even more gorgeous than they were before he had them ripped from him. Strangely, he somehow inherited the kingdom of chess which was to be renamed from its awful bloody past. He suddenly had his claws full of responsibilities and he had proven himself indeed. He was praised and it was everything he could of asked for. Well, almost. A near year later he stepped down those old creaking steps into his old sculpting parlor. This time he was dressed in golds and silvers and all sorts of colorful gems. He looked like royalty instead of the filth he used to be the last time he laid here. The ex-sculptor looked at the beautiful statue he had fallen in love with all that time ago. It was a strange dream he had in which he died for his creation, but he still held it to his heart with a strange urge. He stared into those beautiful purple eyes that he never remembered painting. He sighed, putting a paw on his strange statue and traced a swirl. He left, for he had urgent matters to attend to Later that night when he went to his nest and was curled into sleepless claws he thought about all he had seen. He remembers all the sleepless days he spent in a building turned cave to try and perfect his beautiful craft. Though… he doesn't remember carving stars into the belly of the marble statue.
@orchardofstone

Hello, I believe I laid a claim for this boy, whom I'd name Pygmalion! I hope you enjoy the short epic style story I laid out for you!

48014943_350.png

In a kingdom of chess there was only war. It was a constant fight of black pieces against white, a battle between the two lands because of the rivalry of the queens. The dragons of black were the warriors of the chess carved lands, but the dragons of white were the hero's. They both had reputations, white were pathetic pushovers and black was feral slaughterers.

However, the dragons of each had no desire to slay the other kind. Neither wanted any part in the queens unruly need for dominance against the other.

A black dragon, a war tired imperial with his wings stripped from his back wanted to prove himself. Metal wanted to prove that as a dragon he was not useless and that the beauties of art was not just for the pearly dragons. He was laughed at for his scarred back and his hopeless dreams.

Yet he carried on.

With his talons full of tools and a looming block of pure white ivory before him he only said “The days of war matter naught, fore future thee shall show”
Metal started his creation, but he began to notice that the dragon before him was starting to take shape of its own. It was a dragon with wings spread in flight and it's talons sharpened for battle, but it's face held a serene look of peace. It was beautiful, intricate details and fur so meticulously placed. Metal only grew more and more obsessed with his work.

Unfortunately, it was doomed to go wrong. With gasps of determined breath Metal saw that there was something wrong. He desperately sought his creation for what was wrong. In agony, he lashed out and sliced at his own body. His blood, black as night herself, arched onto the statue. The sculptor froze and cried “Oh, oh! Perpetual tenour to inspire my celestial heat! Wronged have done to you, my beauty not nam’d!”

It was only until the black dragon opened his eyes and sought what he had been missing. “Eureka! Eureka!” He shouted, praising his own brilliance. He had realized that the dragon he was making was never supposed to be a single color. In a craze, Metal peeled his own scales off and sliced at his raw skin.

He was manic as he drew his blood caked tools up once more and tattooed a tale into the beast's side. The Black was curled into ocean waves and the spirals foretold prophecies. The wings were striped into a ladder of steps that told of past future and present whereas the tail’s end was a brush to create life. Stripes were painted into the tail to create a path and its black stained paws revealed its glorious battles. The black mingled in with the white and created tones of grey for pale skin. It was a dragon that had never existed, a life between both lands. It was not a pawn like Metal, it took no sides.

Metal crooned upon his creation being born, but he was losing life. In his madness to create what couldn't be done he had fallen in love with the beauty he had made, yet it was killing him with every drop of ink he lost from his blood stream.
With his last, dying breath and his blood spilled across the tiled floors he whispered “My darling, oh my darling! I name thee Galatea! Nam’d thus been born, my life sorrows. Gladly I left, goodbye my love. I only wish to have been lovers with thee. Goodbye, goodbye!”

He died on the cold floor surrounded by his own life blood, talons reaching for nothing while his statues name died on his breath.

The statue’s eyes flashed purple, life given from magic and the ethereal themselves. Galatea woke and his first sight was the ruined corpse on the floor. He stepped down from his throne of ivory and dipped his snout into the inky blood of his creator. “Thank'd the adorned, I will make affirm your vengeance.” The born broke out of the stone cage the sculptors home took and fled to the sky. Galatea was not one of reality so he took the stars and held them in his underbelly. He used the speckled sky as fuel for his ungodly rage and left a fiery trail as he rocketed down to the earths.

His flight path was now visible to the mortal eye as he flew over the battle scarred lands. Gasps echoes as the pawns of black and white drew their eyes to above.

It was so stunning that the fighting that lasted for millennias froze for the first time. The dragon above them was like nothing they saw before, a glimpse of both worlds in one. Immediately they recognized the dragon as a god and wept in joy. They danced in their suits of armor with one another in a cesspool of whites and blacks, for the dragon above them was the same with all in between.

The queens of their each land heard of the ruckus and sought each other out for a furious explanation. For the first time the black queen saw the white queen in person and vice versa.

Their first words to each other were accusations.

“What is this madness?” Cried the black queen.
“Something has come afoot!” Bellowed the white queen.
“What have you done?!” They echoed.

It was only then that their eyes were brought to the sounds of talons clicking against the checkerboard floor. Roars of incredibility sounded at the impossible dragon before them.

Queens in pure colors stood before Galatea, the white queen decked out in gorgeous satins of white and diamond jewelry with a crown of pure ivory. The black queen had cloths of the starless night and spinel jewelry with a crown of pure obsidian. Yet before them stood a dragon with no jewels, no fabrics, and no crown. But the foreboding look of impenetrable marble scales held something so much more impressive.

“Who dare stand forth the queens of chess?” A queen demanded, her color mattering not.

“How far dow thee selfishness run?” The newcoming dragon asked, wings flaring high above his proudly arching head.

“Dare thee speak?!” Cried another queen.

“Stop this war lest you be slain.” Galatea demanded.

The queens had enough, launching themselves bodily at the stranger in pure frothing rage. They were mirror images of each other, perfect echoes. It was a sorrow that they had never decided to agree with each other.

Galatea roared, breaking his facade and lashing back. The queens were disemboweled in a single strike and their powers went just as soon as the light flickered from their eyes.

The queens were struck down, but it was a faulty death. Chess was never meant to end by a piece off of the board. Reality grew strained and the curse was lifted, the monotoned land suddenly bursting with color.
The dragons in the battlefields grew in color and size, individuality appearing within every stripe of pink and every spot of blue. Colors danced for the first time and the kingdom celebrated.

But it was not so simple for Galatea. He retraced his steps, Stars still glittering in his hide but he himself was not shining. He could only mourn as he flew into the broken building. Eyes laid on the corpse on the ground, he too still black as sin.

“Oh, last you sleep. I know naught thee name so I keep the one given to me neither. I am called Pygmalion and you my lover.” It was only until the magic sparked in his eyes again that he was reminded of the last thing he could do.
“My love, my love you love’d me once I can offer thee again. You requested thy love and I offer it back.”

Pygmalion stood before the corpse and felt his body go solid, black and white of a fallen kingdom forever set in stone. His stillness represented the past, but his eyes played the future. He never moved again.

When Metal awoke from his death, it was to a kingdom of his own and a story to be told. Maybe it was a dream to him, but he was suddenly in a world of color. His body was full of life and so was his people. Not only that, but he suddenly had his flight again in the form of wings. They were glistening and beautiful, perhaps even more gorgeous than they were before he had them ripped from him.

Strangely, he somehow inherited the kingdom of chess which was to be renamed from its awful bloody past. He suddenly had his claws full of responsibilities and he had proven himself indeed. He was praised and it was everything he could of asked for.

Well, almost.

A near year later he stepped down those old creaking steps into his old sculpting parlor. This time he was dressed in golds and silvers and all sorts of colorful gems. He looked like royalty instead of the filth he used to be the last time he laid here. The ex-sculptor looked at the beautiful statue he had fallen in love with all that time ago. It was a strange dream he had in which he died for his creation, but he still held it to his heart with a strange urge. He stared into those beautiful purple eyes that he never remembered painting.

He sighed, putting a paw on his strange statue and traced a swirl.

He left, for he had urgent matters to attend to

Later that night when he went to his nest and was curled into sleepless claws he thought about all he had seen. He remembers all the sleepless days he spent in a building turned cave to try and perfect his beautiful craft.

Though… he doesn't remember carving stars into the belly of the marble statue.

@schingiuire Lore for my hold! Her name will be Arusha, Hindi for the sun [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48116307] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/481164/48116307_350.png[/img] [/url] My name is Arusha. I don’t know when I woke up, but when I did, somehow I knew I could never go back to what I was. My soul was trapped in... in something that felt solid. I had a spirit, and even a mind. I thought, I felt, and I lived. Opening my eyes, I looked around. There was nothing around me. When some hear my story, they will mistake my words, thinking that I was surrounded my darkness. No, I was in the middle of [i]nothing[/i]. No blackness, no light, no color, no sounds. I was the first light giver. I don’t know how long I stayed there in the void with no purpose, but eventually, my counterpart was formed. Rajani entered the universe with joy at her side. She was the night, and I was the day. Without one, the other could do nothing. What is light without darkness to illuminate? How can something be covered in shadows when there is no sun to cover? Rajani and I were the best of friends. Although we could never be together, in a way nothing could separate us. I was the adventurer, Rajani was the meditator. She liked to ponder over deep, interesting matters, while I preferred to live them out myself. All was well as we watched those entrusted into our care. But then, something wrong happened. I don’t know when it started, but Rajani began to draw away from me. I almost felt that she was hiding something within her shadows. I didn’t know what, or why, but I knew something was going on. Every time I passed by her on my daily trip around the new world which had been created, she shied away from me as if I were burning her. Time only proved to make things worse. Rajani would not speak to me, she would not talk to me, she didn’t even look at me. It was then, that I finally discovered the creature which she so jealously guarded. It was a wyrm, a red serpent. It was the very embodiment of evil and it called itself, the Exogenesis.
@schingiuire

Lore for my hold! Her name will be Arusha, Hindi for the sun

48116307_350.png

My name is Arusha. I don’t know when I woke up, but when I did, somehow I knew I could never go back to what I was. My soul was trapped in... in something that felt solid. I had a spirit, and even a mind. I thought, I felt, and I lived. Opening my eyes, I looked around. There was nothing around me. When some hear my story, they will mistake my words, thinking that I was surrounded my darkness. No, I was in the middle of nothing. No blackness, no light, no color, no sounds. I was the first light giver. I don’t know how long I stayed there in the void with no purpose, but eventually, my counterpart was formed. Rajani entered the universe with joy at her side. She was the night, and I was the day. Without one, the other could do nothing. What is light without darkness to illuminate? How can something be covered in shadows when there is no sun to cover?

Rajani and I were the best of friends. Although we could never be together, in a way nothing could separate us. I was the adventurer, Rajani was the meditator. She liked to ponder over deep, interesting matters, while I preferred to live them out myself. All was well as we watched those entrusted into our care. But then, something wrong happened. I don’t know when it started, but Rajani began to draw away from me. I almost felt that she was hiding something within her shadows. I didn’t know what, or why, but I knew something was going on. Every time I passed by her on my daily trip around the new world which had been created, she shied away from me as if I were burning her. Time only proved to make things worse. Rajani would not speak to me, she would not talk to me, she didn’t even look at me. It was then, that I finally discovered the creature which she so jealously guarded. It was a wyrm, a red serpent. It was the very embodiment of evil and it called itself, the Exogenesis.
9BC1QO4.png 799-C28-D5-EDED-4624-9-D16-7-CA9-E52041-C6.png 0rtyA.gifXfhqt.gifrr5DN.gif
@Schingiuire I've got the lore, but it's garbage. It's my first time writing a lore as well. Ashton [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46899174] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/468992/46899174_350.png[/img] [/url] Ashton followed the direction of the slow moving river. He kept his head down in shame. [i]Why am I such a disappointment?[/i] He kept asking himself. His previous clan prided themselves on dragons with spectacular fighting skills and many would be exalted and to go serve the Gladekeeper. Originally, that was Ashton’s goal in life. He wanted to be such a great warrior, so that someday he could go and serve the Gladekeeper. He started to join fighting classes and educated himself on battle tactics. After a few months, Ashton realized he would never be a warrior. Everyday after practice, he would come with at least one serious injury while all his other peers would walk away, uninjured and laughing. Not only that, but he could never seem to learn the most simple of fighting techniques. No matter how many hours of practice he out in, he could never quite learn anything. He wasn’t the only one who realized how weak he was. His teacher told him that he couldn’t attend practice anymore, because he was ‘unteachable’. A few days after being banished from battling class, the clan leader demanded to see him. [i]You are not fit to be in a clan with such great warriors and you are certainly not fit to serve the Gladekeeper[/i], his clan leader told him sternly. [i]Perhaps another clan can make use of you. [/i] And just like that, Ashton was banished from his clan. He had only been by himself for a few days now, but he could shake off the shame he brought to himself and his clan. [i]You’re a fool, no clan will ever want you[/i], Ashton told himself, constantly. He suddenly picked up his head and roared to the sky in anger. The trees shook and birds flew from their nests in fear. Ashton looked at the ruckus he had caused. He sunk his head back down and continue to follow river. He had only taken a few paces before he felt a lasso tighten around his neck. He picked his head up in surprise and turned around to see a centaur with a smug grin on her face. She started to pull the rope toward her. Ashton jerked his neck in the opposite direction, pulling her along with him. She screamed. It was only a few seconds before five other centaurs galloped to join her. Ashton realized he was in trouble. He started to gallop away, but he was not fast enough. He soon felt two other lassos tighten around his neck. He tried to pull away, but the strength of three centaurs was greater than the strength of him. They slowly pulled him toward them. Then Ashton felt a sharp pain in his hind leg. A centaur archer had a shot him. He screeched in pain and fell to the ground. [i]All clear[/i] one of the female centaurs shouted. [i]This one wasn’t too hard to take down.[/i] Ashton tried to get up on his feet, but his leg hurt too much. He tried to open his wings, but the centaurs were already tying them closed. He now noticed that there were now about ten centaurs surrounding him. He clawed at them with his non injured arms, but they dodged all of his attacks. He could no longer yell for help, because they tied his mouth shut. [i]This where I die, isn’t it?[/i] Ashton thought to himself. How pathetic that he would die at the hands of only a few centaurs. He closed his eyes and awaited death, hoping that it would be quick. Suddenly, he heard another screech from above. He turned his head up to see another grayish skydancer and red mirror looking down on him and the centaurs. The skydancer suddenly swooped down on the centaurs and the mirror followed. The centaurs shot arrows and threw weapons at them, but it looked like the centaurs had met their match. The mirror pounced on one of the centaurs while the skydancer snapped threateningly at them. [i] Retreat![/i] One of the centaurs shouted. The centaurs started to gallop away. The mirror continued to chase after them. [i]Come back here this instance, Taba![/i] The skydancer shouted at the mirror. [i]I’m just going to get the clan some food.I just want to take down one of them, please BloodDart![/i] Taba begged. [i]No[/i] BloodDart replied sternly We already have enough food and we have other things to take care of. Taba trotted back over to BloodDart. [i]Help me untie him[/i] BloodDart demanded as she started to snap the ropes that closed Ashton’s mouth. His eyes were wide with fear. What were they going to do with him? Taba tore apart the ropes that kept his wings closed. Taba growled. [i]Can we head back now?[/i] She asked. [i]Not yet, we will help this dragon get back to his clan safely first. [/i] BloodDart replied. [i]I don’t have a clan[/i]. Ashton muttered as he tried to regain balance. His leg couldn’t handle the pain, though, and stumbled back down. BloodDart came to his aid and helped him regain his balance. [i]Come help me, Taba [/i]BloodDart said. Taba came over and let Ashton lean on her until he could regain his balance. What were you saying about not having a clan? Taba asked. Ashton sighed. [i]I was banished from my clan only a few days ago.[/i] Ashton replied. [i]Oh, well, ummm… I hope you find a new clan soon.[/i] Taba said as she smiled weakly. BloodDart was silent, and it looked as if she was deep in thought. [i]Perhaps he could come back to our clan for now.[/i] BloodDart said. Ashton gave her a perplexed look. [i]Are you sure want to me come? I’ll just be a waste of your clan’s space.[/i] Taba snorted. [i]He has a point[/i] BloodDart,we can’t just let any random dragon join our clan. BloodDart gave both of them a stern look. [i]Both of you hush. I am sure, um, what was your name again?[/i] BloodDart asked. [i]Ashton[/i] he replied. [i]As I was saying, I am sure Ashton will be able to find a place in our clan and be more than just a waste of space.[/i] Taba rolled her eyes. Ashton gave BloodDart a slight smile. He now had hope that he would find a clan that accepted him for who he was. Taba took for the skies and started to fly back to her clan. [i]Are your wings okay? [/i] BloodDart asked. Ashton flexed his wings to make sure they worked. I think they are. He replied. [i]Good[/i]. and just like that, BloodDart took to the skies, Ashton following shortly behind her.
@Schingiuire
I've got the lore, but it's garbage. It's my first time writing a lore as well.

Ashton

46899174_350.png

Ashton followed the direction of the slow moving river. He kept his head down in shame. Why am I such a disappointment? He kept asking himself. His previous clan prided themselves on dragons with spectacular fighting skills and many would be exalted and to go serve the Gladekeeper. Originally, that was Ashton’s goal in life. He wanted to be such a great warrior, so that someday he could go and serve the Gladekeeper. He started to join fighting classes and educated himself on battle tactics. After a few months, Ashton realized he would never be a warrior. Everyday after practice, he would come with at least one serious injury while all his other peers would walk away, uninjured and laughing. Not only that, but he could never seem to learn the most simple of fighting techniques. No matter how many hours of practice he out in, he could never quite learn anything. He wasn’t the only one who realized how weak he was. His teacher told him that he couldn’t attend practice anymore, because he was ‘unteachable’. A few days after being banished from battling class, the clan leader demanded to see him.
You are not fit to be in a clan with such great warriors and you are certainly not fit to serve the Gladekeeper, his clan leader told him sternly. Perhaps another clan can make use of you. And just like that, Ashton was banished from his clan. He had only been by himself for a few days now, but he could shake off the shame he brought to himself and his clan. You’re a fool, no clan will ever want you, Ashton told himself, constantly. He suddenly picked up his head and roared to the sky in anger. The trees shook and birds flew from their nests in fear. Ashton looked at the ruckus he had caused. He sunk his head back down and continue to follow river. He had only taken a few paces before he felt a lasso tighten around his neck. He picked his head up in surprise and turned around to see a centaur with a smug grin on her face. She started to pull the rope toward her. Ashton jerked his neck in the opposite direction, pulling her along with him. She screamed. It was only a few seconds before five other centaurs galloped to join her. Ashton realized he was in trouble. He started to gallop away, but he was not fast enough. He soon felt two other lassos tighten around his neck. He tried to pull away, but the strength of three centaurs was greater than the strength of him. They slowly pulled him toward them. Then Ashton felt a sharp pain in his hind leg. A centaur archer had a shot him. He screeched in pain and fell to the ground.
All clear one of the female centaurs shouted. This one wasn’t too hard to take down. Ashton tried to get up on his feet, but his leg hurt too much. He tried to open his wings, but the centaurs were already tying them closed. He now noticed that there were now about ten centaurs surrounding him. He clawed at them with his non injured arms, but they dodged all of his attacks. He could no longer yell for help, because they tied his mouth shut. This where I die, isn’t it? Ashton thought to himself. How pathetic that he would die at the hands of only a few centaurs. He closed his eyes and awaited death, hoping that it would be quick. Suddenly, he heard another screech from above. He turned his head up to see another grayish skydancer and red mirror looking down on him and the centaurs. The skydancer suddenly swooped down on the centaurs and the mirror followed. The centaurs shot arrows and threw weapons at them, but it looked like the centaurs had met their match. The mirror pounced on one of the centaurs while the skydancer snapped threateningly at them.
Retreat! One of the centaurs shouted. The centaurs started to gallop away. The mirror continued to chase after them.
Come back here this instance, Taba! The skydancer shouted at the mirror.
I’m just going to get the clan some food.I just want to take down one of them, please BloodDart! Taba begged.
No BloodDart replied sternly We already have enough food and we have other things to take care of. Taba trotted back over to BloodDart.
Help me untie him BloodDart demanded as she started to snap the ropes that closed Ashton’s mouth. His eyes were wide with fear. What were they going to do with him? Taba tore apart the ropes that kept his wings closed. Taba growled. Can we head back now? She asked.
Not yet, we will help this dragon get back to his clan safely first. BloodDart replied.
I don’t have a clan. Ashton muttered as he tried to regain balance. His leg couldn’t handle the pain, though, and stumbled back down. BloodDart came to his aid and helped him regain his balance.
Come help me, Taba BloodDart said. Taba came over and let Ashton lean on her until he could regain his balance. What were you saying about not having a clan? Taba asked. Ashton sighed.
I was banished from my clan only a few days ago. Ashton replied.
Oh, well, ummm… I hope you find a new clan soon. Taba said as she smiled weakly. BloodDart was silent, and it looked as if she was deep in thought.
Perhaps he could come back to our clan for now. BloodDart said. Ashton gave her a perplexed look.
Are you sure want to me come? I’ll just be a waste of your clan’s space. Taba snorted.
He has a point BloodDart,we can’t just let any random dragon join our clan. BloodDart gave both of them a stern look.
Both of you hush. I am sure, um, what was your name again? BloodDart asked.
Ashton he replied.
As I was saying, I am sure Ashton will be able to find a place in our clan and be more than just a waste of space. Taba rolled her eyes. Ashton gave BloodDart a slight smile. He now had hope that he would find a clan that accepted him for who he was. Taba took for the skies and started to fly back to her clan.
Are your wings okay? BloodDart asked. Ashton flexed his wings to make sure they worked. I think they are. He replied.
Good. and just like that, BloodDart took to the skies, Ashton following shortly behind her.
mtHAEL4.png XuRl5B2.png
H0t7Ypl.png cEq7B1S.png
@HorseAss

Wow! That was a lot! You really went all in for him! I'll send him right over. ^^
Sorry about the delay. I had stuff to clean. All the stuff.
@HorseAss

Wow! That was a lot! You really went all in for him! I'll send him right over. ^^
Sorry about the delay. I had stuff to clean. All the stuff.
QtezsCP.png

3GyKulQ.gif
@Schingiuire one last time... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48234765] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/482348/48234765_350.png[/img] [/url] The city had died long ago. It was hard to remember now – the days when living creatures had existed here, walking and talking, laughing and living, loving and dying. Sometimes, if she climbed a crumbling building and sat atop it, gazing at the cracked streets and broken windows, she could almost picture it – tall, graceful creatures on the sidewalks, trees in neat little rows, and business at every corner. So unlike the barren, dirty emptiness that existed here now. She walked through the streets, bundled heavily against the cold wind and clinging dirt. Rubble shifted under her claws as she patrolled – watching, always watching. The city might be dead, but it wasn’t empty. Things roamed here now, things of metal and wire, electricity and oil. It was because of the things that everyone had left, all those ages ago, for the things could fight, even if they could not live. They’d come in waves, tearing down everything that could be torn, climbing the walls, the windows, the piles of broken rubble from the falling buildings. Then they stilled, crushed under her iron-clad claws. She’d bought the living creatures as much time as she could. Fighting, endlessly fighting the invaders, her powerful talons never tiring of shredding them, crushing them, rending them. They were not aware enough to know fear, but they still ran when they sensed the massive damage she inflicted on their numbers. They didn’t run as fast as she. But she hardly cared, anymore. The living creatures had escaped, leaving her behind. The invaders never stopped coming, even though the years, decades passed and passed. She never tired – she was neither made of flesh like the ones she had saved, nor of metal like the ones she destroyed. The weariness that dragged at her was not physical. Only…boredom. How many thousand did she have to destroy before they stopped coming? And if they did stop, what then? What purpose would she have? She had been summoned here all those years ago to guard the city – even with the living ones gone, she guarded the city. But she was alone, so alone. She could have followed them to their source and destroyed it. She probably should have, but she was afraid of having no purpose. So the days passed. She destroyed and destroyed and destroyed until the streets were piled high with the metal shells of robotic corpses. She felt she was sleepwalking – so stuck in routine that no time truly passed – it was all one long, eternal battle, with no beginning and no end. Until something new appeared. Someone. As light as she was dark. As clean as she was worn. And yet…with the same resonance she knew she was made of. Another ancient being, bound here with a task by ones long gone. She stared at his pale face over the twitching, sparking body of a dead invader. He stared back, immobile. She wanted to ask so many questions. She wanted to ounce on him, to cut into him, to check that he was real, true, not just a dream produced by a mind going mad from solitude and repetition. But before she could do anything, he approached her. She stepped back, but before she could escape he reached out, touching her face with a soft, gloved hand. “Do not be afraid,” he said, in a voice as much in her head as in her ears. “I am like you.”
@Schingiuire one last time...

48234765_350.png

The city had died long ago.

It was hard to remember now – the days when living creatures had existed here, walking and talking, laughing and living, loving and dying. Sometimes, if she climbed a crumbling building and sat atop it, gazing at the cracked streets and broken windows, she could almost picture it – tall, graceful creatures on the sidewalks, trees in neat little rows, and business at every corner.

So unlike the barren, dirty emptiness that existed here now.

She walked through the streets, bundled heavily against the cold wind and clinging dirt. Rubble shifted under her claws as she patrolled – watching, always watching. The city might be dead, but it wasn’t empty. Things roamed here now, things of metal and wire, electricity and oil. It was because of the things that everyone had left, all those ages ago, for the things could fight, even if they could not live. They’d come in waves, tearing down everything that could be torn, climbing the walls, the windows, the piles of broken rubble from the falling buildings.

Then they stilled, crushed under her iron-clad claws.

She’d bought the living creatures as much time as she could. Fighting, endlessly fighting the invaders, her powerful talons never tiring of shredding them, crushing them, rending them. They were not aware enough to know fear, but they still ran when they sensed the massive damage she inflicted on their numbers.

They didn’t run as fast as she.

But she hardly cared, anymore.

The living creatures had escaped, leaving her behind. The invaders never stopped coming, even though the years, decades passed and passed. She never tired – she was neither made of flesh like the ones she had saved, nor of metal like the ones she destroyed. The weariness that dragged at her was not physical. Only…boredom. How many thousand did she have to destroy before they stopped coming?

And if they did stop, what then? What purpose would she have? She had been summoned here all those years ago to guard the city – even with the living ones gone, she guarded the city.

But she was alone, so alone.

She could have followed them to their source and destroyed it. She probably should have, but she was afraid of having no purpose.

So the days passed. She destroyed and destroyed and destroyed until the streets were piled high with the metal shells of robotic corpses. She felt she was sleepwalking – so stuck in routine that no time truly passed – it was all one long, eternal battle, with no beginning and no end.

Until something new appeared.
Someone.

As light as she was dark. As clean as she was worn. And yet…with the same resonance she knew she was made of. Another ancient being, bound here with a task by ones long gone.

She stared at his pale face over the twitching, sparking body of a dead invader.

He stared back, immobile.

She wanted to ask so many questions. She wanted to ounce on him, to cut into him, to check that he was real, true, not just a dream produced by a mind going mad from solitude and repetition.

But before she could do anything, he approached her.

She stepped back, but before she could escape he reached out, touching her face with a soft, gloved hand.

“Do not be afraid,” he said, in a voice as much in her head as in her ears.

“I am like you.”

My Plague Doctor Picture book THE DOCTOR AND THE DRAGON is now for sale!Clearly you already like dragons...but what about plague doctors?
@Schingiuire I'd like to claim this cutie if it's still available [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48230962] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/482310/48230962_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Schingiuire

I'd like to claim this cutie if it's still available

48230962_350.png

tLqgaTW.png
@Schingiuire here is the lore for the Weekly Raffle, the StarCon Ridgeback, who is still Nameless (1017 words)

Gladekeeper’s Call - Magnum Opus, part 1

The scientist-mage was strange even among the Arcane. No one knew how the precious Nocturne egg had come to the Arcanist’s realm, only to be abandoned to hatch alone. Perhaps it was the Arcanist himself who formed the egg, placed it, hatched it for a singular purpose, only to drive her from clan to clan, lair to lair, looking for answers, looking for purpose, looking for a home. But it was clear, that she was indeed powerful. Her creations, of which she was so proud, bore that out. Her focus was wide, as there was so much to learn about all Sornieth’s magic. Yet her interest in any area of study had one goal - the combatting of the Shade. Perhaps it had been the deity who had called it back to Sornieth, that had fashioned her egg and her for this, as she fashioned her own creations.

And she had finally created a gift, that might help. The artificial Coatl had been perfect for what he was, but she had come to realize that it was not enough. It was the only one of its kind in all of Sornieth, and he was not even large. There was not enough of him. He could only be the first of many gifts.

“Nanosoma is doing so well, don’t you think? He has even bred successfully!” Lenine basked in the warm regard of her new Clan-Lord. Tenebrae had not merely accepted the reclusive Nocturne, but welcomed her with gladness.

The dark Tundra blinked behind his glasses, gazing not at the metallic Coatl, but at the cloud of little Fae jewels that surrounded them both. “He is indeed a marvel, but what are these?”

“Oh!” The Nocturne laughed. “There lies a tale! I discovered these in places where dragons trade heavily in jewelry. I had been gathering materials for my magnum opus and bringing them back to my cavern lab here. There were tales of jewelry come to life, and I saw a few of them like this in my way through Arcanist’s realm as I looked for materials heavily imbued with magic. It turns out that the stories are true!

“As I specialize in the transformative magic that brought Nanosoma to life, that magic interacted with my gathered jewelry and, behold! I awoke this morning with an overabundance of tiny gem Faes! Most of them seem to be only as intelligent as our friend Dusklight’s fireflies, but one here, from a quite dramatic piece of Water Realm workmanship, seems to have made a friend of my dear Nano. They seem to speak a language all their own. I have named her Keimilio.” She looked at the pair fondly, then turned back to Tenebrae.

“I am far from complete with my greatest work - partly due to my sudden diminishment of jewelry -“ she chuckled. “But...would you like to see it now?” she said shyly.

Tenebrae’s eyes widened. “You have never shown your work in progress before. It would be an honor!”

As they walked into a camouflaged wall and deep into a Reedcleft tower,, the Tundra Clan-Lord marveled not only at the magic he’s seen, but the incredible way she was able to have a hidden lab right under all their noses. Not even the most intrepid adventurous hatchling had ever found this place, and the speechless Tundra was sure that he would never have been able to find her inner sanctum unaided. More astounding yet, was the way it opened up into a huge cavern, much bigger on the inside than it seemed a Reedcleft tower could hold. Yes, there was magic under the earth here, old and powerful, as if the veins of all the flights’ powers were an interconnected web that crisscrossed under his furred paws. He could feel magic humming beneath him, and wondered how many places like this there were.

But what made him stop and stare open-mouthed, was a scaffolding that rose to the top of the high ceiling and the creature within it. The tallest of all dragons, the still form of an adult male Ridgeback towered over them. A lifeless puppet, it’s wings and body a partly-finished tracery of bright jewels in the forms of constellations.

“ - and here and here, and here, as you can see, gaps in the pattern, where the star-bright jewels came to life as Fae.” The Nocturne had already begun to explain before Tenebrae was properly listening. “I will need to procure more jewels, and this time be more careful to control the application of magic to produce a living being of his size, instead of more Faes, darling as they are. As a mage yourself, perhaps you can assist me?”

Tenebrae considered. “We will need mages of every flight, I would think. You have settled with the right clan. I do believe we can accommodate you.” He counted out the ones he thought most useful. “Myself of Wind. Of course Tok of Nature. He is a Fae himself, but the strongest mage among us. Iris of Light, also a Fae, Nevaeh of Ice, a Spiral, Kym of Fire a Pearlcatcher. Geraint of Lighting and Buccan of Earth, both Imperials. Burningflame and Nightshade of Plague and Shadow, are Bogsneaks. Ah” and Tenebrae smiled at this. “Temnavoda is a mage of water, and another Nocturne, you might work well together. So you see, all the Flights, and almost all the species. I will ask all the clan to find jewelry for you, and the Mages of the clan will join you at your call.”

Tenebrae hesitated a moment, then spoke more quietly. “And our thanks, for your continued help to protect our Lancelot. To hold the Shade within his living flesh, wrapped with stars and held with wards though he be, is hard, and I fear for him. An artificial life, such as this, might be a better vessel, without risking the death of one so brave and dear to us.” The Clan-Lord bent his head low to her, his gratitude obvious, and his heart eased by the gift Lenine prepared for them.
@Schingiuire here is the lore for the Weekly Raffle, the StarCon Ridgeback, who is still Nameless (1017 words)

Gladekeeper’s Call - Magnum Opus, part 1

The scientist-mage was strange even among the Arcane. No one knew how the precious Nocturne egg had come to the Arcanist’s realm, only to be abandoned to hatch alone. Perhaps it was the Arcanist himself who formed the egg, placed it, hatched it for a singular purpose, only to drive her from clan to clan, lair to lair, looking for answers, looking for purpose, looking for a home. But it was clear, that she was indeed powerful. Her creations, of which she was so proud, bore that out. Her focus was wide, as there was so much to learn about all Sornieth’s magic. Yet her interest in any area of study had one goal - the combatting of the Shade. Perhaps it had been the deity who had called it back to Sornieth, that had fashioned her egg and her for this, as she fashioned her own creations.

And she had finally created a gift, that might help. The artificial Coatl had been perfect for what he was, but she had come to realize that it was not enough. It was the only one of its kind in all of Sornieth, and he was not even large. There was not enough of him. He could only be the first of many gifts.

“Nanosoma is doing so well, don’t you think? He has even bred successfully!” Lenine basked in the warm regard of her new Clan-Lord. Tenebrae had not merely accepted the reclusive Nocturne, but welcomed her with gladness.

The dark Tundra blinked behind his glasses, gazing not at the metallic Coatl, but at the cloud of little Fae jewels that surrounded them both. “He is indeed a marvel, but what are these?”

“Oh!” The Nocturne laughed. “There lies a tale! I discovered these in places where dragons trade heavily in jewelry. I had been gathering materials for my magnum opus and bringing them back to my cavern lab here. There were tales of jewelry come to life, and I saw a few of them like this in my way through Arcanist’s realm as I looked for materials heavily imbued with magic. It turns out that the stories are true!

“As I specialize in the transformative magic that brought Nanosoma to life, that magic interacted with my gathered jewelry and, behold! I awoke this morning with an overabundance of tiny gem Faes! Most of them seem to be only as intelligent as our friend Dusklight’s fireflies, but one here, from a quite dramatic piece of Water Realm workmanship, seems to have made a friend of my dear Nano. They seem to speak a language all their own. I have named her Keimilio.” She looked at the pair fondly, then turned back to Tenebrae.

“I am far from complete with my greatest work - partly due to my sudden diminishment of jewelry -“ she chuckled. “But...would you like to see it now?” she said shyly.

Tenebrae’s eyes widened. “You have never shown your work in progress before. It would be an honor!”

As they walked into a camouflaged wall and deep into a Reedcleft tower,, the Tundra Clan-Lord marveled not only at the magic he’s seen, but the incredible way she was able to have a hidden lab right under all their noses. Not even the most intrepid adventurous hatchling had ever found this place, and the speechless Tundra was sure that he would never have been able to find her inner sanctum unaided. More astounding yet, was the way it opened up into a huge cavern, much bigger on the inside than it seemed a Reedcleft tower could hold. Yes, there was magic under the earth here, old and powerful, as if the veins of all the flights’ powers were an interconnected web that crisscrossed under his furred paws. He could feel magic humming beneath him, and wondered how many places like this there were.

But what made him stop and stare open-mouthed, was a scaffolding that rose to the top of the high ceiling and the creature within it. The tallest of all dragons, the still form of an adult male Ridgeback towered over them. A lifeless puppet, it’s wings and body a partly-finished tracery of bright jewels in the forms of constellations.

“ - and here and here, and here, as you can see, gaps in the pattern, where the star-bright jewels came to life as Fae.” The Nocturne had already begun to explain before Tenebrae was properly listening. “I will need to procure more jewels, and this time be more careful to control the application of magic to produce a living being of his size, instead of more Faes, darling as they are. As a mage yourself, perhaps you can assist me?”

Tenebrae considered. “We will need mages of every flight, I would think. You have settled with the right clan. I do believe we can accommodate you.” He counted out the ones he thought most useful. “Myself of Wind. Of course Tok of Nature. He is a Fae himself, but the strongest mage among us. Iris of Light, also a Fae, Nevaeh of Ice, a Spiral, Kym of Fire a Pearlcatcher. Geraint of Lighting and Buccan of Earth, both Imperials. Burningflame and Nightshade of Plague and Shadow, are Bogsneaks. Ah” and Tenebrae smiled at this. “Temnavoda is a mage of water, and another Nocturne, you might work well together. So you see, all the Flights, and almost all the species. I will ask all the clan to find jewelry for you, and the Mages of the clan will join you at your call.”

Tenebrae hesitated a moment, then spoke more quietly. “And our thanks, for your continued help to protect our Lancelot. To hold the Shade within his living flesh, wrapped with stars and held with wards though he be, is hard, and I fear for him. An artificial life, such as this, might be a better vessel, without risking the death of one so brave and dear to us.” The Clan-Lord bent his head low to her, his gratitude obvious, and his heart eased by the gift Lenine prepared for them.
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@Schingiuire
I'll be a day late for the dragon I'm holding, sorry >< getting ready for work so I'm in a mad rush at the moment
@Schingiuire
I'll be a day late for the dragon I'm holding, sorry >< getting ready for work so I'm in a mad rush at the moment
D7wuvpn.png
1 2 ... 380 381 382 383 384 ... 386 387