Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | A Game Of Stories (Story thread)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Talentha None, unfortunately. Tomorrow's last day! Sorry for all the confusion.
@Talentha None, unfortunately. Tomorrow's last day! Sorry for all the confusion.
i3HjH85.png
@leviathandemon whelp looks like I'll have to keep an eye out! Thanks for doing this btw. Been working on my own story for a week but I've got writers block from he11.
@leviathandemon whelp looks like I'll have to keep an eye out! Thanks for doing this btw. Been working on my own story for a week but I've got writers block from he11.
66036833_jCiIprLE7zzYUz8.png
@LeviathanDemon I apologize! I was unexpectedly busy today, and honestly I find the new author, story style and thread confusing :/ But here’s the dragon I registered awhile ago: (not sure if that’s still a rule or what) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35771919] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357720/35771919_350.png[/img] [/url] Kaz stared coldly around at the church. The alter was vaguely interesting, but didn’t seem like it would benefit him in the short term. He picked the glittery door instead, because, well... usually fancy doors were put in front of importaint things and if it didn’t... He could always pry the precious materials out of the door itself. Probably some horrible sacrilege, but what did he care? Kaz examined the door closely for a moment, before sharply yanking it open.
@LeviathanDemon I apologize! I was unexpectedly busy today, and honestly I find the new author, story style and thread confusing :/
But here’s the dragon I registered awhile ago: (not sure if that’s still a rule or what)

35771919_350.png

Kaz stared coldly around at the church. The alter was vaguely interesting, but didn’t seem like it would benefit him in the short term. He picked the glittery door instead, because, well... usually fancy doors were put in front of importaint things and if it didn’t... He could always pry the precious materials out of the door itself. Probably some horrible sacrilege, but what did he care? Kaz examined the door closely for a moment, before sharply yanking it open.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
Sorry for the delay! Got caught up doing other stuff and didn't even realize it's 4am already.... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40802689] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408027/40802689_350.png[/img] [/url] The place was unknown to Vernon, but by no means that would stop her from investigating- she did come from a guild of explorers, after all. As unsettling as her surroundings could be, she didn't let it distract her; the doors in front of her all looked the same, nothing giving away important details or any potential danger lurking behind them. Not lowering her guard, she quickly decided to take the closest door- left it is.
Sorry for the delay! Got caught up doing other stuff and didn't even realize it's 4am already....

40802689_350.png

The place was unknown to Vernon, but by no means that would stop her from investigating- she did come from a guild of explorers, after all. As unsettling as her surroundings could be, she didn't let it distract her; the doors in front of her all looked the same, nothing giving away important details or any potential danger lurking behind them. Not lowering her guard, she quickly decided to take the closest door- left it is.
Fae/ they-them / +2hrs fr time
@bakugannvgims You steel yourself and go in through the door on the wall in front of you. The dusty, cobwebbed tunnel stretches before you, and you wriggle down the uncomfortably-cramped tunnel. Some stones in the walls have inscriptions - symbols that seem to be nothing but nonsense, meant to look important while ultimately meaning nothing. You finally come out into a room with several ramparts of bone. Is that all? You inspect them a bit more closely - and find that the plaster seems fresh. There are so many bones, though, from so many types of dragons. Surely, this all can't have been recent?
"There you are," a deep voice behind you rumbles. You turn around and face a creature with wide, branch-like horns, glowing eyes, and a too-wide baring of teeth.
The demon.

@UndeadFae You pick the left door and are immediately assaulted by the rot of decay. You thought catacombs were for old corpses! Barely composing yourself, you head down the hallway, a little unsure of what to expect. Probably a corpse, but that's normal in a place like this, to some extent. What your gaze lands upon, however, when the hallway opens into a new room, is not on that list of things to expect. Skins of dragons of all kinds, all sizes, all colors and patterns hang from metal hooks like like coats for a large clan. Most of the skins look withered and dried, down here for a long time but not dusty. One, skin, however, still drips blood: that of a greenish Ridgeback.
"There you are," a deep voice behind you rumbles. You turn around and face a creature with wide, branch-like horns, glowing eyes, and a too-wide baring of teeth.
The demon.

@Litoriadraconis You open the door to the right and find a mirror-lined hallway. Several of them appear to have been broken, cracks radiating from a central point and distorting your reflection as you pass by. By what or who, you don't know, but you push yourself onward to find yourself the hallway opening up into a new room, one composed of wardrobes. You open them up one at a time - a healer's vestment, a sage's veil, a guard's armor, a farmer's mantle - they all seem familiar to you. You swear you recognize them - but what are they doing down here?
The demon.

(Prizes TBA by @EgoLobster)
@bakugannvgims You steel yourself and go in through the door on the wall in front of you. The dusty, cobwebbed tunnel stretches before you, and you wriggle down the uncomfortably-cramped tunnel. Some stones in the walls have inscriptions - symbols that seem to be nothing but nonsense, meant to look important while ultimately meaning nothing. You finally come out into a room with several ramparts of bone. Is that all? You inspect them a bit more closely - and find that the plaster seems fresh. There are so many bones, though, from so many types of dragons. Surely, this all can't have been recent?
The demon.

@UndeadFae You pick the left door and are immediately assaulted by the rot of decay. You thought catacombs were for old corpses! Barely composing yourself, you head down the hallway, a little unsure of what to expect. Probably a corpse, but that's normal in a place like this, to some extent. What your gaze lands upon, however, when the hallway opens into a new room, is not on that list of things to expect. Skins of dragons of all kinds, all sizes, all colors and patterns hang from metal hooks like like coats for a large clan. Most of the skins look withered and dried, down here for a long time but not dusty. One, skin, however, still drips blood: that of a greenish Ridgeback.
The demon.

@Litoriadraconis You open the door to the right and find a mirror-lined hallway. Several of them appear to have been broken, cracks radiating from a central point and distorting your reflection as you pass by. By what or who, you don't know, but you push yourself onward to find yourself the hallway opening up into a new room, one composed of wardrobes. You open them up one at a time - a healer's vestment, a sage's veil, a guard's armor, a farmer's mantle - they all seem familiar to you. You swear you recognize them - but what are they doing down here?
The demon.

(Prizes TBA by @EgoLobster)
i3HjH85.png
[size=1]@EgoLobster @FinalValkyrie21 @TurnToGold @TwoSwordsClash @Eiyora @bakugannvgims @MarinaQuakenbush @PiedPipecleaner @AlvildaBright @Talentha @Raebaa @SashaFiredrake @UndeadFae @Litoriadraconis[/size] At last. You face down the demon. It coalesces into the form of an Imperial, but everything about it feels [i]wrong[/i], least of all the small, stubby legs that branch out underneath its thin cloak and seem determined to spear you should you try to slip by. It grins down at you. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39971730&skin=24430&apparel=769,15271,26139,15270,944,352&xt=dressing.png[/img] "[font=baskerville]It's not fair, is it? Searching for answers, running for your life, and it all comes down to this. It all comes down to you being nothing more than the latest meal, in exchange for someone else's fame and fortune.[/font]" It rears back a bit. "[font=baskerville]You will make for her such a wonderful story - and for I, such a satisfying feast.[/font]" You know you have one chance. You can take at least one action, one that you aren't sure will save your life, but it's all you can do. What will you do? 1. Fight 2. Run 3. Bargain 4. [s]Escape[/s] [font=baskerville]SURRENDER[/font]
@EgoLobster @FinalValkyrie21 @TurnToGold @TwoSwordsClash @Eiyora @bakugannvgims @MarinaQuakenbush @PiedPipecleaner @AlvildaBright @Talentha @Raebaa @SashaFiredrake @UndeadFae @Litoriadraconis

At last. You face down the demon. It coalesces into the form of an Imperial, but everything about it feels wrong, least of all the small, stubby legs that branch out underneath its thin cloak and seem determined to spear you should you try to slip by. It grins down at you.

dragon?did=39971730&skin=24430&apparel=769,15271,26139,15270,944,352&xt=dressing.png

"It's not fair, is it? Searching for answers, running for your life, and it all comes down to this. It all comes down to you being nothing more than the latest meal, in exchange for someone else's fame and fortune." It rears back a bit. "You will make for her such a wonderful story - and for I, such a satisfying feast."

You know you have one chance. You can take at least one action, one that you aren't sure will save your life, but it's all you can do.

What will you do?

1. Fight
2. Run
3. Bargain
4. Escape SURRENDER
i3HjH85.png
claiming option 2!
claiming option 2!
Fae/ they-them / +2hrs fr time
Just a reminder that, like last game, everyone can claim an option!
Just a reminder that, like last game, everyone can claim an option!
i3HjH85.png
Option 1.

Kaz bared his needle like teeth. He never ran for his life - he was Kaz. He never stooped to such indignities. And since he wouldn’t surrender, and he doubted he could talk his way out, his only remaining option was his favorite- fight. He had killed Imperials before, and he could do it again. If he couldn’t? Oh well. He’d be dead then. But he must survive. And to do that, he must fight. Blood red eyes narrowed, long tail lashed, and then Kaz sprang like a cat, hooked claws slashing for the Imperial’s eyes. Eyes, flank, throat. That was the plan. And if that didn’t work, then face, underbelly, haunch, hamstring, hamstring, spine until something brought his enemy down for Kaz to finish the kill. Preferably quickly and efficiently. No need to waste time on such a thing. Even if it was fun.
Option 1.

Kaz bared his needle like teeth. He never ran for his life - he was Kaz. He never stooped to such indignities. And since he wouldn’t surrender, and he doubted he could talk his way out, his only remaining option was his favorite- fight. He had killed Imperials before, and he could do it again. If he couldn’t? Oh well. He’d be dead then. But he must survive. And to do that, he must fight. Blood red eyes narrowed, long tail lashed, and then Kaz sprang like a cat, hooked claws slashing for the Imperial’s eyes. Eyes, flank, throat. That was the plan. And if that didn’t work, then face, underbelly, haunch, hamstring, hamstring, spine until something brought his enemy down for Kaz to finish the kill. Preferably quickly and efficiently. No need to waste time on such a thing. Even if it was fun.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
ElevatorButtons stared down the imperial that was the demon. He was much larger than her, that was for sure, and she wasn't a fighter. She wasn't a coward either, so running was out of the question. She could surrender to this beast, but that too seemed against her morals. So, she did the only option she had left. She talked to the beast.

"Look here. No matter what I do here, I'm gonna die. I fight you, I die. I run from you, and even if I somehow am faster, I'll forever be marked a coward for running. I'll be marked a bigger one if I give in to you, beg for my life yadda yadda all that jazz. Let's do one different. How about this for a change? Let's go take down that preacher dude. Hes using you, controlling you. You have to do whst he says, you aren't a free being. Someone like you needs a bit of freedom here. I mean look at you. You may be some sort of unnatural being, I can't say how you came to be, but your life matters. Don't waste it being controlled by someone else. Let me go. The mirrors here, they chase you off, well I'm a mirror too, but I'm not trying to chase you away. Let's take out the bad guy and find you a place to call your own, without someone controlling you."

She hoped her words were enough and this wasn't the end, and her eyes glittered in nervousness. It was gonna be the end. She blew it.
ElevatorButtons stared down the imperial that was the demon. He was much larger than her, that was for sure, and she wasn't a fighter. She wasn't a coward either, so running was out of the question. She could surrender to this beast, but that too seemed against her morals. So, she did the only option she had left. She talked to the beast.

"Look here. No matter what I do here, I'm gonna die. I fight you, I die. I run from you, and even if I somehow am faster, I'll forever be marked a coward for running. I'll be marked a bigger one if I give in to you, beg for my life yadda yadda all that jazz. Let's do one different. How about this for a change? Let's go take down that preacher dude. Hes using you, controlling you. You have to do whst he says, you aren't a free being. Someone like you needs a bit of freedom here. I mean look at you. You may be some sort of unnatural being, I can't say how you came to be, but your life matters. Don't waste it being controlled by someone else. Let me go. The mirrors here, they chase you off, well I'm a mirror too, but I'm not trying to chase you away. Let's take out the bad guy and find you a place to call your own, without someone controlling you."

She hoped her words were enough and this wasn't the end, and her eyes glittered in nervousness. It was gonna be the end. She blew it.
66036833_jCiIprLE7zzYUz8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8