Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Starry-Telling Ball & Raffle
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Whoo day 2! This follows along with the story from day 1.

Username: Paradoxmagic
User ID: 106453
Title (if applicable): Descendant
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers):
Submission:

Someone had placed a windchime outside the front entrance to the observatory. As the crisp fall winds breezed past the flora of Focal Point, a delicate melody followed alongside it. Inside, past the carved oaken doors, two imperials bounded across the corridors carrying old tomes and star charts. Hastily written notes were pinned to the walls, displaying the predicted weather information for the next week.

"The meteor shower's tonight!" The youngest dragon said with glee, depositing his handful of scrolls on a desk. "I can't wait to see it through the telescope! Should I get snacks for the big event? You like the special starry clovers, right Dad?" The smaller dragon was now hopping around in circles, almost tripping up the larger.

"What I really could use is some peace and quiet to focus in, Alnitak," the older dragon grumbled, arranging a few astronomical tools in his knapsack. "The shower won't be for several more hours... Are you sure you're too old to take naps?"

"Ugh, Daaad, I haven't taken naps since I was a hatchling! I'm already two months old, I'm a grownup now and everyone knows grownups don't get tired!" As if emphasizing his point, Alnitak yawned. The older dragon chuckled, tossing a large book over to his son.

"Here, if you don't want to take a nap, you can do some research about the meteor shower for me. I want to see the historical data on it. I found these books when I first renovated the observatory, so I assume they belonged to the old astronomers who once worked here. Perhaps they had some interesting observations of their own about tonight's event."

"Oh yeah! I remember you saying that meteor showers happen around the same time every year..." Alnitak mused, grabbing the book and walking towards the corner where a plush reading chair had been installed. "It's so cool that you can know when this sort of stuff can happen!"

The older dragon couldn't help but smile at his son's enthusiasm for astronomy. His one complaint about the observatory, despite its grandeur, it was a lonely, abandoned place. Now there was another voice to echo down the hallways, and it was a youthful one at that. If something should ever happen to him, Arcanist forbid, there would be a next generation to take over his work in the observatory.

Things were quiet once Alnitak sat down to read, and the older dragon appreciated the peaceful silence. He continued writing down his notes in the leather-bound journal. He was preparing his own collection of observations to store in the numerous bookshelves. After completing several pages worth, he glanced back at the reading area. The younger dragon sat comfortably, his head resting against the old tome, fast asleep...

Whoo day 2! This follows along with the story from day 1.

Username: Paradoxmagic
User ID: 106453
Title (if applicable): Descendant
Submission:

Someone had placed a windchime outside the front entrance to the observatory. As the crisp fall winds breezed past the flora of Focal Point, a delicate melody followed alongside it. Inside, past the carved oaken doors, two imperials bounded across the corridors carrying old tomes and star charts. Hastily written notes were pinned to the walls, displaying the predicted weather information for the next week.

"The meteor shower's tonight!" The youngest dragon said with glee, depositing his handful of scrolls on a desk. "I can't wait to see it through the telescope! Should I get snacks for the big event? You like the special starry clovers, right Dad?" The smaller dragon was now hopping around in circles, almost tripping up the larger.

"What I really could use is some peace and quiet to focus in, Alnitak," the older dragon grumbled, arranging a few astronomical tools in his knapsack. "The shower won't be for several more hours... Are you sure you're too old to take naps?"

"Ugh, Daaad, I haven't taken naps since I was a hatchling! I'm already two months old, I'm a grownup now and everyone knows grownups don't get tired!" As if emphasizing his point, Alnitak yawned. The older dragon chuckled, tossing a large book over to his son.

"Here, if you don't want to take a nap, you can do some research about the meteor shower for me. I want to see the historical data on it. I found these books when I first renovated the observatory, so I assume they belonged to the old astronomers who once worked here. Perhaps they had some interesting observations of their own about tonight's event."

"Oh yeah! I remember you saying that meteor showers happen around the same time every year..." Alnitak mused, grabbing the book and walking towards the corner where a plush reading chair had been installed. "It's so cool that you can know when this sort of stuff can happen!"

The older dragon couldn't help but smile at his son's enthusiasm for astronomy. His one complaint about the observatory, despite its grandeur, it was a lonely, abandoned place. Now there was another voice to echo down the hallways, and it was a youthful one at that. If something should ever happen to him, Arcanist forbid, there would be a next generation to take over his work in the observatory.

Things were quiet once Alnitak sat down to read, and the older dragon appreciated the peaceful silence. He continued writing down his notes in the leather-bound journal. He was preparing his own collection of observations to store in the numerous bookshelves. After completing several pages worth, he glanced back at the reading area. The younger dragon sat comfortably, his head resting against the old tome, fast asleep...

y0r4chX.gif
@StormDragon21

I'm confused...I see two stories from you: One was posted yesterday and then there is one posted today (which I really liked!). I marked down today's tickets and entry, which includes entry in today's mini-raffle.

Did I miss something?
@StormDragon21

I'm confused...I see two stories from you: One was posted yesterday and then there is one posted today (which I really liked!). I marked down today's tickets and entry, which includes entry in today's mini-raffle.

Did I miss something?
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
Username: PuffyRuffy
User ID: 338699
Title (if applicable): A Midnight Duel
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): There's a fight - no blood yet, but I plan on editing this. I think I can add to this, ya see~
Submission:

The Spiral slunk over a rotten log as moonshine beat down upon his maroon wings. His whole body lay low to the ground, grass tickling his nose. He did not care. Like the elusive snake he was, Venier dashed up a tree in a flash. Onlookers would've simply seen a gust of wind and, and if they were watching closely, a shadow move.

Time went by. Venier stayed perfectly still wrapped in the tree's branches for goodness knows how long. His teal eyes spotted a stray Strangler barge its way across the flora, moving like a drunken Snapper navigated around a garden. Venier did not flinch when a camouflaged owl screeched into the tranquil night, breaking the few minutes of golden silence since the Strangler stumbled around.

His ear flicked. Something that was not part of the natural wildlife was near. Splaying his talons, Venier tensed his muscles in anticipation. The Mirror was here. The scent was unmistakable; the scent of oranges and honey. He was close. Very close. Too close. He stuck his tongue out to taunt his nemesis before unravelling himself and springing onto the dusky floor, narrowly dodging the deadly snap of the failed ambush.

Stars lit up the battlefield, their light scattering across the clearing Venier was in. A bloodthirsty shriek in the dark. The agile Spiral leapt to the side, tail snapping across the air as a pinto Mirror pounced onto the area that held nothing. 'Little Pinkie wants to play I see...' Venier thought as he observed the current situation. He grinned.

"Sssso, you've come." hissed the Spiral as he circled around the pink and white Mirror. His heart pumped adrenaline around his body as he felt the tension between them increase.

"Pah, of course I did. I would never, NEVER miss the chance to finally beat you." spat Little Pinkie, Arcane eyes glinting. He had trained for many months for this encounter. The stars were in his favour, and he almost got the black snake.

Sensing the opportunity to strike, Venier fanned all six of his crimson wings and sped towards his opponent. Baring his fangs, he looked like a spectre entering one's soul. His clan feared him for that reason, and it was the same reason he was nicknamed Shade by those who didn't dare to utter his name.

Little Pinkie knew he would do this. Slyly smiling, revealing his needle-sharp teeth, he dove under the cream underbelly of Venier. As soon as he finally reached the end of the body he snapped his head upwards, attempting to latch onto the pointed tail.

Venier hadn't expected the Mirror to do so, but he had encountered enemies who tried to do the same thing: take advantage of his long body. He flicking his tail up, causing Little Pinkie to bite onto thin air. Spiraling into the night sky, Venier broke free of the tree foliage.

Under the cover of the trees there was light. A dull, boring light that was difficult to see in. Past the top of the obstructive leaves was a gala of twilight and twinkling spots. The perfect dance floor for both him and his partner. Him and his enemy. Him, and his once best friend.

Venier cackled into the empty air as he let go of his worries and fears of life and death.
Username: PuffyRuffy
User ID: 338699
Title (if applicable): A Midnight Duel
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): There's a fight - no blood yet, but I plan on editing this. I think I can add to this, ya see~
Submission:

The Spiral slunk over a rotten log as moonshine beat down upon his maroon wings. His whole body lay low to the ground, grass tickling his nose. He did not care. Like the elusive snake he was, Venier dashed up a tree in a flash. Onlookers would've simply seen a gust of wind and, and if they were watching closely, a shadow move.

Time went by. Venier stayed perfectly still wrapped in the tree's branches for goodness knows how long. His teal eyes spotted a stray Strangler barge its way across the flora, moving like a drunken Snapper navigated around a garden. Venier did not flinch when a camouflaged owl screeched into the tranquil night, breaking the few minutes of golden silence since the Strangler stumbled around.

His ear flicked. Something that was not part of the natural wildlife was near. Splaying his talons, Venier tensed his muscles in anticipation. The Mirror was here. The scent was unmistakable; the scent of oranges and honey. He was close. Very close. Too close. He stuck his tongue out to taunt his nemesis before unravelling himself and springing onto the dusky floor, narrowly dodging the deadly snap of the failed ambush.

Stars lit up the battlefield, their light scattering across the clearing Venier was in. A bloodthirsty shriek in the dark. The agile Spiral leapt to the side, tail snapping across the air as a pinto Mirror pounced onto the area that held nothing. 'Little Pinkie wants to play I see...' Venier thought as he observed the current situation. He grinned.

"Sssso, you've come." hissed the Spiral as he circled around the pink and white Mirror. His heart pumped adrenaline around his body as he felt the tension between them increase.

"Pah, of course I did. I would never, NEVER miss the chance to finally beat you." spat Little Pinkie, Arcane eyes glinting. He had trained for many months for this encounter. The stars were in his favour, and he almost got the black snake.

Sensing the opportunity to strike, Venier fanned all six of his crimson wings and sped towards his opponent. Baring his fangs, he looked like a spectre entering one's soul. His clan feared him for that reason, and it was the same reason he was nicknamed Shade by those who didn't dare to utter his name.

Little Pinkie knew he would do this. Slyly smiling, revealing his needle-sharp teeth, he dove under the cream underbelly of Venier. As soon as he finally reached the end of the body he snapped his head upwards, attempting to latch onto the pointed tail.

Venier hadn't expected the Mirror to do so, but he had encountered enemies who tried to do the same thing: take advantage of his long body. He flicking his tail up, causing Little Pinkie to bite onto thin air. Spiraling into the night sky, Venier broke free of the tree foliage.

Under the cover of the trees there was light. A dull, boring light that was difficult to see in. Past the top of the obstructive leaves was a gala of twilight and twinkling spots. The perfect dance floor for both him and his partner. Him and his enemy. Him, and his once best friend.

Venier cackled into the empty air as he let go of his worries and fears of life and death.
@SocklessWonder
Alright, so it counted as today's. That's what I was wondering.

It was just posted before yesterday's mini-raffle results, so I was worried it didn't count.
@SocklessWonder
Alright, so it counted as today's. That's what I was wondering.

It was just posted before yesterday's mini-raffle results, so I was worried it didn't count.
Mg9qSuP.gif
@Saraceaser I really enjoyed reading your legend of the Raptorik helping the wounded Tundra! Great detail! @Paradoxmagic Today's story is so sweet...a youngling who falls asleep despite himself! Tickets and entry recorded! [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/ulpoda9d971.gif[/img]
@Saraceaser

I really enjoyed reading your legend of the Raptorik helping the wounded Tundra! Great detail!

@Paradoxmagic

Today's story is so sweet...a youngling who falls asleep despite himself! Tickets and entry recorded!

ulpoda9d971.gif
@StormDragon21

Oh! I understand now.

No, the day's entries begin after rollover. I was just later than I wanted to be in getting the mini-raffle going this morning!
@StormDragon21

Oh! I understand now.

No, the day's entries begin after rollover. I was just later than I wanted to be in getting the mini-raffle going this morning!
[b]@PuffyRuffy Wow! That was an action-packed story! The end holds both a surprise and an appreciation for the stars. Tickets & entry recorded! [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/dlupoa9d969.gif[/img] Thanks and Happy Starfall![/b]
@PuffyRuffy

Wow! That was an action-packed story! The end holds both a surprise and an appreciation for the stars. Tickets & entry recorded!

dlupoa9d969.gif Thanks and Happy Starfall!
Username: QueenLunaRose
User ID: 108968
Title (if applicable): Fledgling Hope
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): None that I know of, but please inform me if there was any potential triggers.
Submission:

It was night in the Starwood Strand, the tops of the long trees were, as per usual, a glow like Earthen stars in the dark. Casting their glow landward. A young, not quite fully grown, fledgling was walking slowly with her single faithful companion at her side. Her scales were of white with purple stripes and wings. Tail dragging behind her. On her her companion was like a tiny shadow, black in pelt and also purple eyes. It seemed as if they were going nowhere in particular. But if you listened close enough you could hear Leena, the dragon talking, and Jade, the cat replying. And for some reason the dragon understood the cat, which would mystify outsiders who did not understand.

"Another pretty night, Jade, isn't it! See all the stars! Well other than the Starwood trees!" She giggled lightly. Jade purred in response looking upwards, beyond the glow to find the distant sparkles in the dark pelt called the sky. "Oh look there is a large break in the trees where we can see the sky finally!" Leena interjected with excitement.

Indeed a few yard in front of them there was a huge expanse of land where there were no trees as it broke into waters, in the distance was the Focal Point that held the Observatory upon its heights. Leena would then take flight to land upon one of the apexes of a Crystalspine. Going to her back legs so she could stand higher, and let Jade see the sky better she sighed with glee. For the night sky always brought her such happiness. Such peace.

After moments of silence enjoyed by the two friends Leena opened her mouth to whisper a prayer to the stars, one in particular she named Hope. Leena would close her pink-colored eyes and pray,"Oh Hope, please let me become a wonderful healer in my right! Let me make my magic bring betterment to the world and help those who are hurt. My heart is filled with desire to only heal and assist. Please grant me this wish and hear my prayer." While she would pray her wings would flare gracefully as her tail would curl around her back feet, going into a reverent position during her invocation to the heavens above. Jade would keep silent vigil upon the head of her beloved friend, also sending a quick prayer to the stars to hear her prayer, but more disdainfully.

After finishing her intercession she would open her eyes and smile. Hope would guide her, Hope would never fail her.

Years later

Hope....what I fool I was....
Username: QueenLunaRose
User ID: 108968
Title (if applicable): Fledgling Hope
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): None that I know of, but please inform me if there was any potential triggers.
Submission:

It was night in the Starwood Strand, the tops of the long trees were, as per usual, a glow like Earthen stars in the dark. Casting their glow landward. A young, not quite fully grown, fledgling was walking slowly with her single faithful companion at her side. Her scales were of white with purple stripes and wings. Tail dragging behind her. On her her companion was like a tiny shadow, black in pelt and also purple eyes. It seemed as if they were going nowhere in particular. But if you listened close enough you could hear Leena, the dragon talking, and Jade, the cat replying. And for some reason the dragon understood the cat, which would mystify outsiders who did not understand.

"Another pretty night, Jade, isn't it! See all the stars! Well other than the Starwood trees!" She giggled lightly. Jade purred in response looking upwards, beyond the glow to find the distant sparkles in the dark pelt called the sky. "Oh look there is a large break in the trees where we can see the sky finally!" Leena interjected with excitement.

Indeed a few yard in front of them there was a huge expanse of land where there were no trees as it broke into waters, in the distance was the Focal Point that held the Observatory upon its heights. Leena would then take flight to land upon one of the apexes of a Crystalspine. Going to her back legs so she could stand higher, and let Jade see the sky better she sighed with glee. For the night sky always brought her such happiness. Such peace.

After moments of silence enjoyed by the two friends Leena opened her mouth to whisper a prayer to the stars, one in particular she named Hope. Leena would close her pink-colored eyes and pray,"Oh Hope, please let me become a wonderful healer in my right! Let me make my magic bring betterment to the world and help those who are hurt. My heart is filled with desire to only heal and assist. Please grant me this wish and hear my prayer." While she would pray her wings would flare gracefully as her tail would curl around her back feet, going into a reverent position during her invocation to the heavens above. Jade would keep silent vigil upon the head of her beloved friend, also sending a quick prayer to the stars to hear her prayer, but more disdainfully.

After finishing her intercession she would open her eyes and smile. Hope would guide her, Hope would never fail her.

Years later

Hope....what I fool I was....
OfF9Gci.gif 4JU8r97.gif_________________________59TgHaL.png
@QueenLunaRose What a sweet, wistful story! I want to know more about why she was a fool...the ending makes me so curious! Tickets and entry recorded! [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/ulpoda9d971.gif[/img]
@QueenLunaRose

What a sweet, wistful story! I want to know more about why she was a fool...the ending makes me so curious! Tickets and entry recorded!

ulpoda9d971.gif
Username: acorn781
User ID: 299072
Title (if applicable): Emergence
Submission:
Thousands of years ago, where dragonkind only began to roam the world, the Arcanist searched for a dragon to hold his knowledge of the stars. His vast knowledge of the stars could only hold so much. What he needed was a dragon who could assist him, a dragon who he could transfer his knowledge to when it grew too heavy to hold.
Ozuna looked up at the stars. How pretty they were today! The sparks of pink and purple melded together with the undertones of black space. And the moon shined as brightly as ever. It’s glimmering white surface beckoned to her. What a beautiful crescent, it waxed and waned every month. The night sky was never the same in any two places, no matter how far you looked. How glorious the cosmos were!
The Arcanist searched for many years. But, it seemed as if he would never find a dragon who would be willing to become his assistant. Many feared the endless cosmos, imagining the terrible end that would befall them if they got lost in it. Some had families to tend to, and some scoffed at spending the rest of eternity graphing and charting the positions of celestial objects. As the Arcanist’s knowledge grew denser yet, he knew it could not hold for much longer.
The song of space. It was wistful, alluring, mystical. With different qualities mixed together, Ozuna could almost feel it calling to her. It beckoned her to come closer. “Closer, come near!” they seemed to cry. Ozuna could feel herself getting swept away by the melody that enchanted her every nightfall.
The Arcanist could feel his knowledge slipping. With so much to remember, he couldn’t remember it all by his own. Yes, he needed help. But no dragons were willing to help him in his pursuit of gaining knowledge about the cosmos. Slowly, he could feel a tendril slipping. Like a snake, it curled out of his grasp. He clambered for it, trying to retain it. Yet he couldn’t. With great remorse, he let it go, out of his reach forever. A portion of the night sky remained forgotten once more.
What if Ozuna could just let go? Be free of all her worldly worries? Fly and bask in the stars’ radiance and light. Spend an eternity exploring the cosmos. It was so vast, surely it contained barely known secrets, waiting to be discovered! Ozuna felt herself getting excited! She could forge herself a life by gaining knowledge of space. It was definitely a possibility! And on, and on, the moon sang it’s song.
He could feel even more morsels of knowledge slipping from him. Faring them farewell forever, he waved goodbye with tears of sorrow etched on his face. The urgency to find an assistant was more than ever. The Arcanist knew that he would know when there was a dragon right for the task. Now was not the time.
A glimmering sliver of light, followed by a chain of other flew through the night sky. “Oh,” Ozuna gasped. They were like small dancing fireflies, flitting and floating, blowing in the wind. Gently, Ozuna flew up and caught them in the palm of her paws. She cupped them close, and inspected them carefully. Were these clouds from the cosmos themselves? Surely they couldn’t be? Suddenly, they slipped through her paws into her body. “What!” she screeched, instantly panicking.
Could it be? The Arcanist felt a jolt flow through his body. Yes, now was the time. Quickly, he made his way to the soul calling for his guidance.
The information flowing through her was sudden and unexpected. Ozuna could fully understand a small fraction of the space she admired every night with crystal clear clarity. What was this? Magic?
The Arcanist gazed softly as his future assistant. Those pink eyes marked her eternal love for the stars. He spoke into her mind, “Hello. I have been searching for someone to help me for dozens of years. My knowledge grows, knowing no bounds. Yet, I know that I cannot hold this knowledge forever. Aid me, and the night sky will be yours forever to hold and understand. There is beauty in the stars, and I can teach you.”
Ozuna breathed deeply. She replied, “Yes. I will help you. I, too, have heard the lulling melody of the stars. I will join you.”

Thus, she opened her mind to the secrets of the stars, and found a whole new world waiting to be explored. She watched the clouds float through the sky. The sun peeked through. It was the start of a new day.
Username: acorn781
User ID: 299072
Title (if applicable): Emergence
Submission:
Thousands of years ago, where dragonkind only began to roam the world, the Arcanist searched for a dragon to hold his knowledge of the stars. His vast knowledge of the stars could only hold so much. What he needed was a dragon who could assist him, a dragon who he could transfer his knowledge to when it grew too heavy to hold.
Ozuna looked up at the stars. How pretty they were today! The sparks of pink and purple melded together with the undertones of black space. And the moon shined as brightly as ever. It’s glimmering white surface beckoned to her. What a beautiful crescent, it waxed and waned every month. The night sky was never the same in any two places, no matter how far you looked. How glorious the cosmos were!
The Arcanist searched for many years. But, it seemed as if he would never find a dragon who would be willing to become his assistant. Many feared the endless cosmos, imagining the terrible end that would befall them if they got lost in it. Some had families to tend to, and some scoffed at spending the rest of eternity graphing and charting the positions of celestial objects. As the Arcanist’s knowledge grew denser yet, he knew it could not hold for much longer.
The song of space. It was wistful, alluring, mystical. With different qualities mixed together, Ozuna could almost feel it calling to her. It beckoned her to come closer. “Closer, come near!” they seemed to cry. Ozuna could feel herself getting swept away by the melody that enchanted her every nightfall.
The Arcanist could feel his knowledge slipping. With so much to remember, he couldn’t remember it all by his own. Yes, he needed help. But no dragons were willing to help him in his pursuit of gaining knowledge about the cosmos. Slowly, he could feel a tendril slipping. Like a snake, it curled out of his grasp. He clambered for it, trying to retain it. Yet he couldn’t. With great remorse, he let it go, out of his reach forever. A portion of the night sky remained forgotten once more.
What if Ozuna could just let go? Be free of all her worldly worries? Fly and bask in the stars’ radiance and light. Spend an eternity exploring the cosmos. It was so vast, surely it contained barely known secrets, waiting to be discovered! Ozuna felt herself getting excited! She could forge herself a life by gaining knowledge of space. It was definitely a possibility! And on, and on, the moon sang it’s song.
He could feel even more morsels of knowledge slipping from him. Faring them farewell forever, he waved goodbye with tears of sorrow etched on his face. The urgency to find an assistant was more than ever. The Arcanist knew that he would know when there was a dragon right for the task. Now was not the time.
A glimmering sliver of light, followed by a chain of other flew through the night sky. “Oh,” Ozuna gasped. They were like small dancing fireflies, flitting and floating, blowing in the wind. Gently, Ozuna flew up and caught them in the palm of her paws. She cupped them close, and inspected them carefully. Were these clouds from the cosmos themselves? Surely they couldn’t be? Suddenly, they slipped through her paws into her body. “What!” she screeched, instantly panicking.
Could it be? The Arcanist felt a jolt flow through his body. Yes, now was the time. Quickly, he made his way to the soul calling for his guidance.
The information flowing through her was sudden and unexpected. Ozuna could fully understand a small fraction of the space she admired every night with crystal clear clarity. What was this? Magic?
The Arcanist gazed softly as his future assistant. Those pink eyes marked her eternal love for the stars. He spoke into her mind, “Hello. I have been searching for someone to help me for dozens of years. My knowledge grows, knowing no bounds. Yet, I know that I cannot hold this knowledge forever. Aid me, and the night sky will be yours forever to hold and understand. There is beauty in the stars, and I can teach you.”
Ozuna breathed deeply. She replied, “Yes. I will help you. I, too, have heard the lulling melody of the stars. I will join you.”

Thus, she opened her mind to the secrets of the stars, and found a whole new world waiting to be explored. She watched the clouds float through the sky. The sun peeked through. It was the start of a new day.
bRPrhwa.giftumblr_na90ypEFLf1sif4cro5_500.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18