Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Free Dragons for December Newbies
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 111 112
@MikaelHart

Oh. My apologies, the other dragon must have gone to another or I did not refresh the page or something. If it's alright, I really like #23 as well. They're.. a very cute hatchling.
@MikaelHart

Oh. My apologies, the other dragon must have gone to another or I did not refresh the page or something. If it's alright, I really like #23 as well. They're.. a very cute hatchling.
fJp48Qg.png

an eldritch lair
@haneulni

Oh, yeah, that could've happened. XD Sure, that sounds fine with me. :)
@haneulni

Oh, yeah, that could've happened. XD Sure, that sounds fine with me. :)
ice_rune_20.png eUzpdSm.png ice_rune_20.png
1. I buy OC art. 2. I don't exalt dragons from non-exalt threads.
3. I try to trade nice-looking dergs in swap threads.
4. If you're a newbie and need help navigating the site, feel free to ask. :)
@haneulni

I can't reply to a completed trade, and my inbox is getting crammed, so I'll post here, if that's fine?

Most questions for those new to FR are:

-What certain jargon mean that aren't in the encyclopedia (like "dergs" or "XYX" or certain acronyms)/
-How to post images of dragons.
-How to use BBcodes.
-How to format dragon profiles/threads/hatcheries.
-Best ways to earn money.
-Best way to grind the coliseum.
-What different items/item types do.
-What kinds of things are there to collect?
-What are some fun things to do here?

FR is amazing in the way that it can be very interactive. It seems like there's a lot to take in when you first join, but after a while, you get used to the rhythm pretty fast. XD
@haneulni

I can't reply to a completed trade, and my inbox is getting crammed, so I'll post here, if that's fine?

Most questions for those new to FR are:

-What certain jargon mean that aren't in the encyclopedia (like "dergs" or "XYX" or certain acronyms)/
-How to post images of dragons.
-How to use BBcodes.
-How to format dragon profiles/threads/hatcheries.

FR is amazing in the way that it can be very interactive. It seems like there's a lot to take in when you first join, but after a while, you get used to the rhythm pretty fast. XD
@MikaelHart

This works fine. It's probably a lot easier too. Thank you though, I really am at the point where there's so much to read and learn that I couldn't even really figure out what my questions were or what I didn't know yet. You really can go cross-eyed trying to take everything in.

I'll try to pick out things in order.

1. Those... would actually be useful, I hadn't come across either of those yet. I'm assuming there are more too?

2. For BBCode, I actually have some experience from other forums, though I'm adjusting slightly to how this site is coded and some of the differences it has in regards to, like... what fonts it has and whether it needs quotations in certain codes, etc. I saw the Generate Code thing on the dragons and managed to use it, but thank you! (:
Quote:

And then all of these actually. I didn't realize there was a best way for the first two. I haven't even touched on the trading post either. Alchemy just confuses me.
@MikaelHart

This works fine. It's probably a lot easier too. Thank you though, I really am at the point where there's so much to read and learn that I couldn't even really figure out what my questions were or what I didn't know yet. You really can go cross-eyed trying to take everything in.

I'll try to pick out things in order.

1. Those... would actually be useful, I hadn't come across either of those yet. I'm assuming there are more too?

2. For BBCode, I actually have some experience from other forums, though I'm adjusting slightly to how this site is coded and some of the differences it has in regards to, like... what fonts it has and whether it needs quotations in certain codes, etc. I saw the Generate Code thing on the dragons and managed to use it, but thank you! (:
Quote:

And then all of these actually. I didn't realize there was a best way for the first two. I haven't even touched on the trading post either. Alchemy just confuses me.
fJp48Qg.png

an eldritch lair
@haneulni Yeah, I remember being overwhelmed when I first joined. As it is, I haven't even gotten around to reading the lore yet or doing much with my dragon's profiles. XD [b]o1. Currency[/b] Best way to earn money here would be to play the games (Fairgrounds). I've gotten pretty good at Jigsaw; at the hardest level, you can earn about 10-11kish? It takes me about 15-20 minutes per game, but I'm pretty used to them. Shock Switch is also popular, and I recommend the easiest difficulty for that. I don't keep much of an eye on my score, but hitting level 100-200 earns me about 30-40k? Takes me an hour to play in comparison, but I usually have a movie or something on while I do it, so it takes less concentration that Jigsaw. You can try out all the other games and see what you're good at, though. Selling dergs is another way to go, though everyone has their own preferences on the pricing. I tend to sell mine between 10k-20k, depending coloration & genes. Some people (who probably aren't as active in dragon breeding or have more lair space to spare) sometimes price their dragons really high though, like 200k. You can always check Auction House to see how rare your dragon is and use your own judgment on that. If you have some nice-looking pairs you regularly breed, you can open up a selling thread for their offspring. These threads are called hatcheries. I have one (link in my sig). Another thing you can do is level and exalt dragons. If you look at the front page (by clicking the Flight Rising logo), there is a section called "Exalt Bonuses". if you have dergs that match any of these conditions, they will give you a bit more treasure than usual for exalting them. You want to level them first by hitting the Coliseum, though. The recommended level for exalt dergs is 7 or 8 (since it takes longer to level them the higher the level). If you only have level 1 dragons, start at the Training Fields and go up. If you have two level 25 dragons, however, you can use the two to help level a level 1 dragon at the Kelp Beds. (You can level up dragons quickly this way because of battle bonuses.) If you decide to go the exalt route for making money, just remember that certain players (like me) don't want their dragons exalted. If you receive a dragon from someone asking you to give it a permanent home, it would be best for you to keep them, return them, or rehome them under the same conditions. There's no problem with leveling them, though, of course. Another good way to make money is by selling art, dragon lore (basically written works and making character profiles for other people's dragons), or customizing graphics (for dragon's profiles). I don't buy written works, but I've seen art go from anywhere from 10k-1mil in treasure. This is also a good way to earn gems (cash currency) or real money as well! Just be sure to read the rules before setting up shop in the forums. (I buy tons of art, btw.) There are a bunch of small ways to earn money though, but these are the biggest ones. [b]o2. Coliseum[/b] I lack strategy in this, so what I generally do is level two dergs up to lvl 25 and then grind Kelp Beds. The downside of this is that I don't get materials from other areas, since different areas yield different things. Everyone builds their dergs with different stats, and these are two useful guides for that: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=114649&p=mb](x)[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=937136&p=mb](x)[/url] [b]o3. Items[/b] If you click your hoard, it will give you different categories of items. There are certain items in almost all of these categories which can be used to create special items at Baldwin's Brew or traded for special items at Swipp's (both are located at the Trading Post). I tend to use this guide for that: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1091175](x)[/url] -Food: Certain dragons eat certain types of food, and there are four types to choose from. You can convert each food by checking them off and hitting the convert button (then that food is available for consumption). Otherwise, the items stay there unless you do something with it. -Materials/Other: Most of these are useless, with the exception of some which can be used for Swipp's/Baldwin's/Crim's (all at the Trading Post). I tend to hoard them in case, but you can always just sell them for extra money or melt down the items at Baldwin's to create material for his brew. -Apparel: Clothes for dergs. If you're not using them, you might want to put them in the vault so you don't accidentally use them for something else. -Familiars: They're pets for your dergs. You can click them every day for a bit of treasure, and after a while, they'll yield different kinds of chests that will give you random items (varying depending on the chest's rarity). It's worth doing, Imo. If you get doubles of a familiar, you can't use them both, so you might as well sell it at the Auction House, save it to trade someone, or melt it down at Baldwin's depending on the rarity. -Battle Items: Stuff for the Coliseum. You only have a limited number of slots to place items in, so choose wisely. -Skins: There are two types, Skins (which cover all of a dragon) and Accents (which cover less than 30% of a dragon). It's basically a layer of design that goes under clothes. -Specialty Items: These are mostly Vistas and Scrolls. Vistas are those decorative images that show up in the user's info thing... <--- here (the design on my is papers?) Scrolls can change a dragon's name, breed, color (not individual colors, but all the colors at random), genes, etc. [b]o4. Collection[/b] -Dragons: I like collecting pretty pairs that make pretty hatchlings and then making bank. XD -Familiars: If you click Bestiary, it will show you which ones you have. If you sell or trade your only familiar of that type, it will not show up as being owned by you in the Bestiary. -Achievements. This can be viewed by clicking [img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/icon_achievements.png[/img] on the top right of your page. -Apparel, Skins, & Vistas: All fun to collect. Try collecting event released ones so you can sell or trade them later. If you're an artist, you can also make your own Skins to trade/sell. [b]o4. Fun Things[/b] Aside from the above, try making friends in the forums! There are always people to chat with, especially in your own dominance, but pretty much all over. There's a role-playing section for your dergs too, if you're into that. Otherwise, it's pretty much everything mentioned above. XD ...You asked me questions and I wrote you a wall. O_O Btw, Alchemy is basically melting items you don't want to make materials you can use to make items you do want. XD
@haneulni

Yeah, I remember being overwhelmed when I first joined. As it is, I haven't even gotten around to reading the lore yet or doing much with my dragon's profiles. XD

o1. Currency
Best way to earn money here would be to play the games (Fairgrounds). I've gotten pretty good at Jigsaw; at the hardest level, you can earn about 10-11kish? It takes me about 15-20 minutes per game, but I'm pretty used to them. Shock Switch is also popular, and I recommend the easiest difficulty for that. I don't keep much of an eye on my score, but hitting level 100-200 earns me about 30-40k? Takes me an hour to play in comparison, but I usually have a movie or something on while I do it, so it takes less concentration that Jigsaw. You can try out all the other games and see what you're good at, though.

Selling dergs is another way to go, though everyone has their own preferences on the pricing. I tend to sell mine between 10k-20k, depending coloration & genes. Some people (who probably aren't as active in dragon breeding or have more lair space to spare) sometimes price their dragons really high though, like 200k. You can always check Auction House to see how rare your dragon is and use your own judgment on that. If you have some nice-looking pairs you regularly breed, you can open up a selling thread for their offspring. These threads are called hatcheries. I have one (link in my sig).

Another thing you can do is level and exalt dragons. If you look at the front page (by clicking the Flight Rising logo), there is a section called "Exalt Bonuses". if you have dergs that match any of these conditions, they will give you a bit more treasure than usual for exalting them. You want to level them first by hitting the Coliseum, though. The recommended level for exalt dergs is 7 or 8 (since it takes longer to level them the higher the level). If you only have level 1 dragons, start at the Training Fields and go up. If you have two level 25 dragons, however, you can use the two to help level a level 1 dragon at the Kelp Beds. (You can level up dragons quickly this way because of battle bonuses.)

If you decide to go the exalt route for making money, just remember that certain players (like me) don't want their dragons exalted. If you receive a dragon from someone asking you to give it a permanent home, it would be best for you to keep them, return them, or rehome them under the same conditions. There's no problem with leveling them, though, of course.

Another good way to make money is by selling art, dragon lore (basically written works and making character profiles for other people's dragons), or customizing graphics (for dragon's profiles). I don't buy written works, but I've seen art go from anywhere from 10k-1mil in treasure. This is also a good way to earn gems (cash currency) or real money as well! Just be sure to read the rules before setting up shop in the forums.

(I buy tons of art, btw.)

There are a bunch of small ways to earn money though, but these are the biggest ones.

o2. Coliseum
I lack strategy in this, so what I generally do is level two dergs up to lvl 25 and then grind Kelp Beds. The downside of this is that I don't get materials from other areas, since different areas yield different things. Everyone builds their dergs with different stats, and these are two useful guides for that: (x) (x)

o3. Items
If you click your hoard, it will give you different categories of items. There are certain items in almost all of these categories which can be used to create special items at Baldwin's Brew or traded for special items at Swipp's (both are located at the Trading Post). I tend to use this guide for that: (x)

-Food: Certain dragons eat certain types of food, and there are four types to choose from. You can convert each food by checking them off and hitting the convert button (then that food is available for consumption). Otherwise, the items stay there unless you do something with it.

-Materials/Other: Most of these are useless, with the exception of some which can be used for Swipp's/Baldwin's/Crim's (all at the Trading Post). I tend to hoard them in case, but you can always just sell them for extra money or melt down the items at Baldwin's to create material for his brew.

-Apparel: Clothes for dergs. If you're not using them, you might want to put them in the vault so you don't accidentally use them for something else.

-Familiars: They're pets for your dergs. You can click them every day for a bit of treasure, and after a while, they'll yield different kinds of chests that will give you random items (varying depending on the chest's rarity). It's worth doing, Imo. If you get doubles of a familiar, you can't use them both, so you might as well sell it at the Auction House, save it to trade someone, or melt it down at Baldwin's depending on the rarity.

-Battle Items: Stuff for the Coliseum. You only have a limited number of slots to place items in, so choose wisely.

-Skins: There are two types, Skins (which cover all of a dragon) and Accents (which cover less than 30% of a dragon). It's basically a layer of design that goes under clothes.

-Specialty Items: These are mostly Vistas and Scrolls. Vistas are those decorative images that show up in the user's info thing...
<--- here (the design on my is papers?)

Scrolls can change a dragon's name, breed, color (not individual colors, but all the colors at random), genes, etc.

o4. Collection
-Dragons: I like collecting pretty pairs that make pretty hatchlings and then making bank. XD

-Familiars: If you click Bestiary, it will show you which ones you have. If you sell or trade your only familiar of that type, it will not show up as being owned by you in the Bestiary.

-Achievements. This can be viewed by clicking icon_achievements.png on the top right of your page.

-Apparel, Skins, & Vistas: All fun to collect. Try collecting event released ones so you can sell or trade them later. If you're an artist, you can also make your own Skins to trade/sell.

o4. Fun Things
Aside from the above, try making friends in the forums! There are always people to chat with, especially in your own dominance, but pretty much all over. There's a role-playing section for your dergs too, if you're into that. Otherwise, it's pretty much everything mentioned above. XD

...You asked me questions and I wrote you a wall. O_O

Btw, Alchemy is basically melting items you don't want to make materials you can use to make items you do want. XD
Hey May I have Number 7? I'm new i just joined!
Hey May I have Number 7? I'm new i just joined!
@Evet

Hey there! Aha, it's no problem if your friend wants the derg! What's their name? If you tell them to post here for it, I can go ahead and hold the little lady for them until then. :)
@Evet

Hey there! Aha, it's no problem if your friend wants the derg! What's their name? If you tell them to post here for it, I can go ahead and hold the little lady for them until then. :)
@Fynze

Welcome to FR! Sure thing; I'll send him over! :)
@Fynze

Welcome to FR! Sure thing; I'll send him over! :)
@Evet

Aha, I see. I know the rules were a little different in January, but I changed it to one derg per person so I can give everyone a better opportunity to get one. :)

If you would like her (or any other dragons on here), I'm also selling them all on AH. She's selling for 10k, but since you're still a new player, I can knock the price to 8k for you, if you're still interested. :)

Your friend will get their derg for free, ofc. Shall I reserve that dragon (number 9, right?) for them?
@Evet

Aha, I see. I know the rules were a little different in January, but I changed it to one derg per person so I can give everyone a better opportunity to get one. :)

If you would like her (or any other dragons on here), I'm also selling them all on AH. She's selling for 10k, but since you're still a new player, I can knock the price to 8k for you, if you're still interested. :)

Your friend will get their derg for free, ofc. Shall I reserve that dragon (number 9, right?) for them?
@MikaelHart I would love this dragon, and I would love to name him Valentino [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30450257] [img]
@MikaelHart

I would love this dragon, and I would love to name him Valentino

[img][/img]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 111 112