Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [RAF] Silver's Stars - Speedy, Sprite
1 2 ... 133 134 135 136 137 ... 242 243
I used to really dislike winter and snow, being a summer person. Now, though, I really just love beauty of the season. All those sparkly blues...

Also, I love arctic animals, especially arctic foxes and willow ptarmigans <3

Being a New Jersey native, I get a reasonable amount of snow.
I used to really dislike winter and snow, being a summer person. Now, though, I really just love beauty of the season. All those sparkly blues...

Also, I love arctic animals, especially arctic foxes and willow ptarmigans <3

Being a New Jersey native, I get a reasonable amount of snow.
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
bump
bump
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
QOD: I love snow. We don't get much of it anymore, the climate change definitely leads to white christmas only reliable happening on TV anymore. I'm in Germany and nowhere near the Alps. Winter in Berlin pretty much means six hours of slush. Sadly.
QOD: I love snow. We don't get much of it anymore, the climate change definitely leads to white christmas only reliable happening on TV anymore. I'm in Germany and nowhere near the Alps. Winter in Berlin pretty much means six hours of slush. Sadly.
48132295907_e8de2b6f19_o.png
bump
bump
tumblr_o3jbppP5F71v4jbmso1_500.png
i love snow! I get school off, get to sled and get to sleep! I wish we got it more over here though
i love snow! I get school off, get to sled and get to sleep! I wish we got it more over here though
tumblr_o3jbppP5F71v4jbmso1_500.png
I love snow! :D

I love the smell, I love the way it sparkles, I like the chill as long as I can get thawed out afterwards, lol. And on a more practical level it's good for the well, hehe.

Snow and winter bring an awesome sense of peace, I think. And for me, once the weather starts to turn I feel a need to make things, and that's kind of sweet. Then whenever I need a break I gaze outside and watch the flakes fall. :3
I love snow! :D

I love the smell, I love the way it sparkles, I like the chill as long as I can get thawed out afterwards, lol. And on a more practical level it's good for the well, hehe.

Snow and winter bring an awesome sense of peace, I think. And for me, once the weather starts to turn I feel a need to make things, and that's kind of sweet. Then whenever I need a break I gaze outside and watch the flakes fall. :3
Wsu677T.png
I both love and hate snow. On the one hand, I very much like the cold over heat so a nice snowy winter is great. Plus the state I'm currently living in can't handle snow at all, so even a light dusting shuts down schools and businesses. On the other hand, I've lived in Wisconsin and walked to school in 3 feet of snow, (barefoot and uphill both ways you spoiled whippersnappers) and no amount of protection keeps out the cold of snow melting into your pants when it's that deep. Not a pleasant way to start a day.
I both love and hate snow. On the one hand, I very much like the cold over heat so a nice snowy winter is great. Plus the state I'm currently living in can't handle snow at all, so even a light dusting shuts down schools and businesses. On the other hand, I've lived in Wisconsin and walked to school in 3 feet of snow, (barefoot and uphill both ways you spoiled whippersnappers) and no amount of protection keeps out the cold of snow melting into your pants when it's that deep. Not a pleasant way to start a day.
I love snow! Especially when it's fresh, soft, and powdery ^-^ Where I live, winter is unpredictable because there might be snow or just cold rain :/
I love snow! Especially when it's fresh, soft, and powdery ^-^ Where I live, winter is unpredictable because there might be snow or just cold rain :/
~~BABYYYY.png~ ~
@ aeons ~
» avatar | fandragons | art instagram
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
art_search_button_ii_i.png
art_shop_button_ii_i.png
I've generally only seen snow when on holiday, so to me it's special and exciting and lovely. Going out in it to play or watch it fall is fun. I would probably feel differently about it if I couldn't go back inside to warm up easily or had to live with it enough for it to be inconvenient, though.
I've generally only seen snow when on holiday, so to me it's special and exciting and lovely. Going out in it to play or watch it fall is fun. I would probably feel differently about it if I couldn't go back inside to warm up easily or had to live with it enough for it to be inconvenient, though.
September 1st Q: Do you enjoy snow? Why or why not? If you've never seen snow before, how do you imagine it to be?

Weeeeeeeell, seeing as how I live in the Northland (Twin Ports all the way!) I see snow for a good portion of my year. I love how pretty snow is, assuming it is snow that is still pristine and untouched. The problem with city snow is... it gets dirty. Dirty snow is not pretty, just annoying and in the way. And I live in the city, so I mostly get to see city snow. Then it just becomes an annoying chore. You have to shovel it so you can get to your car, hope your car will even start cause of the extreme cold, and try not to die while driving if you hit a patch of ice at a stop sign/red light and your car refuses to stop. >.> Also, driving up the hills in Duluth, MN can be a major danger during winter, lots of accidents happen during winter. So I like the beauty of snow, and I do sometimes like to go out and throw snowballs or make snow angles/snowmen, but overall I find it annoying and in the way. I only deal with it and appreciate it because it does melt into lots of fresh water for our lovely Lake Superior, and it acts as insulation against that extreme cold weather. Yes, snow is an insulator. If we have an extremely cold winter and no snow (and yes, it can also be too cold to snow) then there is a much higher chance of pipes freezing and then bursting without that snowy insulation to protect it from the cold.

Oh, and walking! Don't get me started on walking lol. It sucks when the snow is covering a patch of ice, you walk onto it, and take a good ol' tumble. It isn't too bad for younger people, but many older people living in the area fall and then break something, most often their hips. I don't know what it is about hips, but old people fall and break them all the time during winter up here. Problem with that is sometimes this can be fatal! Not every person recovers, and it does actually lead to death sometimes.

Still, it is pretty. I just have to drive out to the country to appreciate its true beauty. And I do appreciate that the Earth can even create something like snow!
September 1st Q: Do you enjoy snow? Why or why not? If you've never seen snow before, how do you imagine it to be?

Weeeeeeeell, seeing as how I live in the Northland (Twin Ports all the way!) I see snow for a good portion of my year. I love how pretty snow is, assuming it is snow that is still pristine and untouched. The problem with city snow is... it gets dirty. Dirty snow is not pretty, just annoying and in the way. And I live in the city, so I mostly get to see city snow. Then it just becomes an annoying chore. You have to shovel it so you can get to your car, hope your car will even start cause of the extreme cold, and try not to die while driving if you hit a patch of ice at a stop sign/red light and your car refuses to stop. >.> Also, driving up the hills in Duluth, MN can be a major danger during winter, lots of accidents happen during winter. So I like the beauty of snow, and I do sometimes like to go out and throw snowballs or make snow angles/snowmen, but overall I find it annoying and in the way. I only deal with it and appreciate it because it does melt into lots of fresh water for our lovely Lake Superior, and it acts as insulation against that extreme cold weather. Yes, snow is an insulator. If we have an extremely cold winter and no snow (and yes, it can also be too cold to snow) then there is a much higher chance of pipes freezing and then bursting without that snowy insulation to protect it from the cold.

Oh, and walking! Don't get me started on walking lol. It sucks when the snow is covering a patch of ice, you walk onto it, and take a good ol' tumble. It isn't too bad for younger people, but many older people living in the area fall and then break something, most often their hips. I don't know what it is about hips, but old people fall and break them all the time during winter up here. Problem with that is sometimes this can be fatal! Not every person recovers, and it does actually lead to death sometimes.

Still, it is pretty. I just have to drive out to the country to appreciate its true beauty. And I do appreciate that the Earth can even create something like snow!
uGzZgTj.png
1 2 ... 133 134 135 136 137 ... 242 243