Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Star's Safari - Completing the Beastiary
Hey there! I see you've come and checked out my little corner. This is more or less a record of how my progress is going, however if you wanna join along, that's totally great!
Firstly, who am I?
My name is Star, and I've been playing since 2020. I've been a bit off and on, but I really want to get back into the game. So what better way to do that than start some kind of challenge? I wanna try and complete my beastiary since I've been here for several years.
How I'm structuring this is simple:
* All treasure and gems go to the vault
* Any treasure and gems earned afterwards will be put towards buying familiars
* If any purchases beyond the beastiary need to be made, I'll withdraw the amount from my hoard in the vault and use that.
Most of my income for this will be coming from Coli, bonding with familiars, and achievements.

My current plan: Obtain all Coliseum Familiars!
I'll be grinding each Coli venue until I either get all the familiars from drops, or get enough treasure to buy them.
This thread is more or less a journal of how my grinding goes, but I'd be super happy if someone wanted to try and take this journey with me.
Hey there! I see you've come and checked out my little corner. This is more or less a record of how my progress is going, however if you wanna join along, that's totally great!
Firstly, who am I?
My name is Star, and I've been playing since 2020. I've been a bit off and on, but I really want to get back into the game. So what better way to do that than start some kind of challenge? I wanna try and complete my beastiary since I've been here for several years.
How I'm structuring this is simple:
* All treasure and gems go to the vault
* Any treasure and gems earned afterwards will be put towards buying familiars
* If any purchases beyond the beastiary need to be made, I'll withdraw the amount from my hoard in the vault and use that.
Most of my income for this will be coming from Coli, bonding with familiars, and achievements.

My current plan: Obtain all Coliseum Familiars!
I'll be grinding each Coli venue until I either get all the familiars from drops, or get enough treasure to buy them.
This thread is more or less a journal of how my grinding goes, but I'd be super happy if someone wanted to try and take this journey with me.
rix3ppo.png
0uVMYap.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
6mVFIuV.png
nG9aNSB.png Jd88XNq.png
86202654_tF4DxRzczwEnKt4.png
11efmKl.png

q9EEy5M.png
[color=#FF5000]8/28/24[/color] Completed all Training Field familiars with the purchase of a Brown-Spotted Mith. Moving on to Woodland Path, where I already have most of the Familiars. Currently missing the Aurelian Porcupine, Bamboo Phytocat, Coral Basilisk, Fling Fawn, Janustrap, Scarlet-Crested Woodoon, Spongy Spingy, Trumpet Porcupine, Velvet Fawn, Winter Glade Lord, and Woodoon. Going to grind for a bit before I start purchasing familiars again. [color=#FF5000]Notable Drops:[/color] [item=Anticipate] [item=Dark Bolt] [item=Dark Bolt] [item=Mana Bolt] [item=Grouse Basilisk] [item=Diseased Might Fragment] [item=Bamboo Phytocat] [item=Fiery Might Fragment] [item=Meditate] [item=Moonglow Nightjar] [item=Shroud] [item=Sap] [item=Brown Birdskull Armband] The most notable drop is that Bamboo Phytocat! After grinding, I went ahead and bought an Aurelian Porcupine as well. I'll be working on listing things on AH shortly.
8/28/24
Completed all Training Field familiars with the purchase of a Brown-Spotted Mith. Moving on to Woodland Path, where I already have most of the Familiars. Currently missing the Aurelian Porcupine, Bamboo Phytocat, Coral Basilisk, Fling Fawn, Janustrap, Scarlet-Crested Woodoon, Spongy Spingy, Trumpet Porcupine, Velvet Fawn, Winter Glade Lord, and Woodoon. Going to grind for a bit before I start purchasing familiars again.

Notable Drops:
Anticipate Dark Bolt Dark Bolt Mana Bolt Grouse Basilisk Diseased Might Fragment Bamboo Phytocat Fiery Might Fragment Meditate Moonglow Nightjar Shroud Sap Brown Birdskull Armband

The most notable drop is that Bamboo Phytocat!
After grinding, I went ahead and bought an Aurelian Porcupine as well. I'll be working on listing things on AH shortly.

rix3ppo.png
0uVMYap.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
6mVFIuV.png
nG9aNSB.png Jd88XNq.png
11efmKl.png

q9EEy5M.png
[color=#FF5000]8/29-30/24[/color] I didn’t get much in coli yesterday, so I spent most of my time online putting stuff on AH, and doing some den-cleaning (Ended up spending most of the day cooking and taking care of irl stuff ^.^) I started grinding today, and holy cow, I got an egg right away. Not what I’m looking for in this project, but it’s still definitely a welcome sight! Now to decide if I wanna sell it, or hold onto it for another gene project,,, [color=#FF5000]Notable Drops:[/color] [item=Unhatched Wind Egg][item=Ancient Gene Parchment: Phantom][item=Featherfoot Spingy][item=Clobber][item=Sap][item=Strangler][item=Meditate][item=Dark Bolt][item=Coral Basilisk][item=Strangler][item=Furious Flame Chest][item=Earthen Acuity Fragment][item=Spring Glade Lord][item=Meditate][item=Cockatrice][item=Blazing Slash][item=Cockatrice][item=Enamor][item=Charged Might Fragment][item=Acuity Fragment][item=Acuity Fragment][item=Velvet Fawn][item=Spring Glade Lord][item=Anticipate][item=Fossilize][item=Diseased Acuity Fragment] The Velvet Fawn is another familiar I can check off the list of needing to get :D Overall a pretty successful grind!
8/29-30/24
I didn’t get much in coli yesterday, so I spent most of my time online putting stuff on AH, and doing some den-cleaning (Ended up spending most of the day cooking and taking care of irl stuff ^.^)
I started grinding today, and holy cow, I got an egg right away. Not what I’m looking for in this project, but it’s still definitely a welcome sight! Now to decide if I wanna sell it, or hold onto it for another gene project,,,

Notable Drops:
Unhatched Wind Egg Ancient Gene Parchment: Phantom Featherfoot Spingy Clobber Sap Strangler Meditate Dark Bolt Coral Basilisk Strangler Furious Flame Chest Earthen Acuity Fragment Spring Glade Lord Meditate Cockatrice Blazing Slash Cockatrice Enamor Charged Might Fragment Acuity Fragment Acuity Fragment Velvet Fawn Spring Glade Lord Anticipate Fossilize Diseased Acuity Fragment

The Velvet Fawn is another familiar I can check off the list of needing to get :D Overall a pretty successful grind!
rix3ppo.png
0uVMYap.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
6mVFIuV.png
nG9aNSB.png Jd88XNq.png
11efmKl.png

q9EEy5M.png
9/2/24
Been busy over the weekend and haven’t worked on the project much. I really wanna get back into it though, so I’m gonna grind a bit today!
My AH sales have been doing incredibly well! I’m putting away 200kt into my horde to save for later, and then using the rest to buy a couple of the familiars I’m missing. I got the Flying Fawn, Janustrap, Trumpet Porcupine, Winter Glade Lord, and the Woodoon, so now all I need are the Scarlet-Crested Woodoon and Spongy Spingy (preferably two of the Spingys because of the hibden quest)

Kinda just a minor note for myself, I'm going to be switching to selling future items for gems instead of treasure, as I do want to afford a personal project as well. Most of the treasure and gems earned during coli trips will be going towards my familiars though.
9/2/24
Been busy over the weekend and haven’t worked on the project much. I really wanna get back into it though, so I’m gonna grind a bit today!
My AH sales have been doing incredibly well! I’m putting away 200kt into my horde to save for later, and then using the rest to buy a couple of the familiars I’m missing. I got the Flying Fawn, Janustrap, Trumpet Porcupine, Winter Glade Lord, and the Woodoon, so now all I need are the Scarlet-Crested Woodoon and Spongy Spingy (preferably two of the Spingys because of the hibden quest)

Kinda just a minor note for myself, I'm going to be switching to selling future items for gems instead of treasure, as I do want to afford a personal project as well. Most of the treasure and gems earned during coli trips will be going towards my familiars though.
rix3ppo.png
0uVMYap.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
6mVFIuV.png
nG9aNSB.png Jd88XNq.png
11efmKl.png

q9EEy5M.png
[color=#FF5000]9/3/24[/color] Not much to report for today! Just did a little grinding and then spent the rest of my time online cleaning out my hoard and listing stuff on AH. [color=#FF5000]Notable Drops[/color] [item=Sap][item=Grouse Basilisk][item=Fiery Might Fragment][item=Blinding Slash][item=Acuity Fragment][item=Date Plumed Tuft][item=Scene: Woodland Path][item=Sap][item=Breed Change: Fathom][item=Greenroot Janustrap][item=Flying Fawn][item=Basilisk][item=Brown Birdskull Wingpiece][item=Featherfoot Spingy][item=Thunder Slash][item=Drown][item=Wildwood Owl] Pretty stoked about the Fathom breed change though! I was debating buying one and ultimately decided to wait and see if I got one, and look what showed up! :D
9/3/24
Not much to report for today! Just did a little grinding and then spent the rest of my time online cleaning out my hoard and listing stuff on AH.

Notable Drops
Sap Grouse Basilisk Fiery Might Fragment Blinding Slash Acuity Fragment Date Plumed Tuft Scene: Woodland Path Sap Breed Change: Fathom Greenroot Janustrap Flying Fawn Basilisk Brown Birdskull Wingpiece Featherfoot Spingy Thunder Slash Drown Wildwood Owl

Pretty stoked about the Fathom breed change though! I was debating buying one and ultimately decided to wait and see if I got one, and look what showed up! :D
rix3ppo.png
0uVMYap.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
6mVFIuV.png
nG9aNSB.png Jd88XNq.png
11efmKl.png

q9EEy5M.png
[color=#FF5000]9/6/24[/color] Auction House is really slow when you have a lot of things to sell ._. I’ve been spending most of my time online listing stuff again the past few days. Today I decided to take a break and grind more since I’m tired of the constant selling. Later today I’ll try to sit down and get through everything. I went ahead and bought the last two familiars I need for Woodland Path so today I’m moving to the Scorched Forest. I’m missing more familiars from this venue than I did the last two, which I expected. I’ve spent a lot more time in the other two venues for HibDen quests. [color=#FF5000]Notable Drops[/color] [item=Augite Protector][item=Meditate][item=Magical Might Fragment][item=Fiery Acuity Fragment][item=Magical Acuity Fragment][item=Nebula Starsilk Circlet][item= Vista: Scorched Forest][item=Shred][item=Pestilent Slash][item=Red Birdskull Wingpiece] (Forgot to send this post!)
9/6/24
Auction House is really slow when you have a lot of things to sell ._. I’ve been spending most of my time online listing stuff again the past few days. Today I decided to take a break and grind more since I’m tired of the constant selling. Later today I’ll try to sit down and get through everything. I went ahead and bought the last two familiars I need for Woodland Path so today I’m moving to the Scorched Forest. I’m missing more familiars from this venue than I did the last two, which I expected. I’ve spent a lot more time in the other two venues for HibDen quests.

Notable Drops
Augite Protector Meditate Magical Might Fragment Fiery Acuity Fragment Magical Acuity Fragment Nebula Starsilk Circlet Vista: Scorched Forest Shred Pestilent Slash Red Birdskull Wingpiece

(Forgot to send this post!)
rix3ppo.png
0uVMYap.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
6mVFIuV.png
nG9aNSB.png Jd88XNq.png
11efmKl.png

q9EEy5M.png
[color=#FF5000]9/9/24[/color] Sooo, I may have been bad and spent a lot of my money on a breeding project heheh- I did grab an approximate amount from my horde to make up for it, but yeahh, that’s a thing that happened today. I decided to take a break from the madness to grind coli, since I hadn’t in a while. I’ll probably also try and grind some more tomorrow too! In other news, I also was able to unlock a bunch of HibDen slots because of coli spoils, so that’s nice! I’ve come to the conclusion that Remy just hates Eliminate. She’ll miss all her eliminates, but then crit all her scratches and I’m just- ma’am, please- The Extinguished Jackalope is nice! Another familiar to tick off the beastiary! [color=#FF5000]Notable Drops[/color] [item=Fiery Might Fragment][item=Fiery Acuity Fragment][item=nebula starsilk sleeves][item=might fragment][item=Extinguished jackalope][item=diseased acuity fragment]
9/9/24
Sooo, I may have been bad and spent a lot of my money on a breeding project heheh-
I did grab an approximate amount from my horde to make up for it, but yeahh, that’s a thing that happened today. I decided to take a break from the madness to grind coli, since I hadn’t in a while. I’ll probably also try and grind some more tomorrow too! In other news, I also was able to unlock a bunch of HibDen slots because of coli spoils, so that’s nice!
I’ve come to the conclusion that Remy just hates Eliminate. She’ll miss all her eliminates, but then crit all her scratches and I’m just- ma’am, please-
The Extinguished Jackalope is nice! Another familiar to tick off the beastiary!

Notable Drops
Fiery Might Fragment Fiery Acuity Fragment Nebula Starsilk Sleeves Might Fragment Extinguished Jackalope Diseased Acuity Fragment
rix3ppo.png
0uVMYap.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
6mVFIuV.png
nG9aNSB.png Jd88XNq.png
11efmKl.png

q9EEy5M.png
[color=#FF5000]9/10/24[/color] Got quite a few HibDen tasks done today! I feel like my luck on coli today wasn’t great, but I did get a couple familiars I needed (and more of one of them than I need). Hoping next time’s luck will be better. I did get a morph gene during my third coli session of the day, so that wind egg project could happen if we get a primary or tertiary,,, Maybe when I’m done with the coli portion of this beastiary project, if I have enough treasure and/or gems, I’ll let myself have a gene scroll budget :) [color=#FF5000]Notable Drops[/color] [item=bloodscale bracer][item=painted centaur][item=painted centaur][item=might fragment][item=rambra][item=earthen might fragment][item=augite protector][item=wintermane spearman][item=painted centaur][item=might fragment][item=magical acuity fragment][item=painted centaur][item=sap][item=fiery acuity fragment][item=gust slash][item=scene: scorched forest][item=wintermane spearman][item=wintermane spearman][item=secondary gene: morph][item=zeeba]
9/10/24
Got quite a few HibDen tasks done today! I feel like my luck on coli today wasn’t great, but I did get a couple familiars I needed (and more of one of them than I need). Hoping next time’s luck will be better. I did get a morph gene during my third coli session of the day, so that wind egg project could happen if we get a primary or tertiary,,, Maybe when I’m done with the coli portion of this beastiary project, if I have enough treasure and/or gems, I’ll let myself have a gene scroll budget :)

Notable Drops
Painted Centaur Painted Centaur Might Fragment Rambra Earthen Might Fragment Augite Protector Wintermane Spearman Painted Centaur Might Fragment Magical Acuity Fragment Painted Centaur Sap Fiery Acuity Fragment Gust Slash Scene: Scorched Forest Wintermane Spearman Wintermane Spearman Secondary Gene: Morph Zeeba
rix3ppo.png
0uVMYap.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
6mVFIuV.png
nG9aNSB.png Jd88XNq.png
11efmKl.png

q9EEy5M.png
Good luck! I had a nearly complete bestiary before I went on hiatus a couple years ago (not all owned, but almost all awakened), and I'm trying to catch back up. I'm currently grinding the Boneyard and Silk-Strewn Wreckage alternately since both those venues launched after I left.
Good luck! I had a nearly complete bestiary before I went on hiatus a couple years ago (not all owned, but almost all awakened), and I'm trying to catch back up. I'm currently grinding the Boneyard and Silk-Strewn Wreckage alternately since both those venues launched after I left.
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
@JusticeTurtle Ahhh, I am also following this thread after a long hiatus where I used to have a mostly complete bestiary [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1] welcome back! I'm excited to watch you complete your bestiary @StarsAreFalling!
@JusticeTurtle

Ahhh, I am also following this thread after a long hiatus where I used to have a mostly complete bestiary welcome back!

I'm excited to watch you complete your bestiary @StarsAreFalling!
wY86E88.gif