Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Categorized Drop Coliseum Challenge
I've heard of the Coliseum challenges created along the years of Flight Rising's existence and I find them quite fun! As I'm nearing to finish my first year on the website, I came up with a challenge on my own and decided to share it with all of you.

Categorized Drop Coliseum Challenge

The main purpose of this challenge is to battle in every venue and get an item from each category. These categories are the ones you have in your hoard.

RULES:

1) Start in any venue you'd like. I'd suggest starting from the Training Fields and battling your way up since the earlier venues have the fastest battle.

2) Collect an item from each category. The categories are: Food, Material, Apparel, Familiar, Battle, Skin, Specialty, and Other. For Skins, skin creates also count. You cannot battle outside of the venue until you get an item from each category.

3) If you'd like to keep track of this challenge, only note down the first item you collect from each category. You can also note down valuable drops as long as they're not the first item you collect from its category.

4) You can of course take a break from this, this isn't supposed to be a strict or hardcore challenge! You can grind festival currency, train fodder, or grind HibDen items. Do whatever you'd like! Just don't leave a venue without getting an item from each category while doing the challenge.

5.1) If you find the challenge to be too difficult, you can remove the Skin or Specialty categories from your list. I know how difficult it is to get skins as drops as I'm usually unlucky when it comes to Coliseum drops. Furthermore, as of typing this, Boneyard is a very new venue and none of the enemies have any skin drops yet. You can just type N/A for the category you decide to remove, or just erase it from your notes.

5.2) Based on @/Everywhere's idea, I've decided to add the alternative that if you have difficulty getting a skin as a drop, you can hoardsell the items you collect until you can buy a skin that is dropped from the venue you're in. Then you can show this skin as the one you've "collected" from the venue!

6) If you have any questions, please ping me here or send me a message! I am not subscribed to this thread. Also, have fun! I thought of this challenge as a way to make grinding a bit more fun. I hope you enjoy it!
I've heard of the Coliseum challenges created along the years of Flight Rising's existence and I find them quite fun! As I'm nearing to finish my first year on the website, I came up with a challenge on my own and decided to share it with all of you.

The main purpose of this challenge is to battle in every venue and get an item from each category. These categories are the ones you have in your hoard.

RULES:

1) Start in any venue you'd like. I'd suggest starting from the Training Fields and battling your way up since the earlier venues have the fastest battle.

2) Collect an item from each category. The categories are: Food, Material, Apparel, Familiar, Battle, Skin, Specialty, and Other. For Skins, skin creates also count. You cannot battle outside of the venue until you get an item from each category.

3) If you'd like to keep track of this challenge, only note down the first item you collect from each category. You can also note down valuable drops as long as they're not the first item you collect from its category.

4) You can of course take a break from this, this isn't supposed to be a strict or hardcore challenge! You can grind festival currency, train fodder, or grind HibDen items. Do whatever you'd like! Just don't leave a venue without getting an item from each category while doing the challenge.

5.1) If you find the challenge to be too difficult, you can remove the Skin or Specialty categories from your list. I know how difficult it is to get skins as drops as I'm usually unlucky when it comes to Coliseum drops. Furthermore, as of typing this, Boneyard is a very new venue and none of the enemies have any skin drops yet. You can just type N/A for the category you decide to remove, or just erase it from your notes.

5.2) Based on @/Everywhere's idea, I've decided to add the alternative that if you have difficulty getting a skin as a drop, you can hoardsell the items you collect until you can buy a skin that is dropped from the venue you're in. Then you can show this skin as the one you've "collected" from the venue!

6) If you have any questions, please ping me here or send me a message! I am not subscribed to this thread. Also, have fun! I thought of this challenge as a way to make grinding a bit more fun. I hope you enjoy it!
Familiar Wishlist
Specialty Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist
Material and Other Wishlist
Dragons on sale
[Mirror F] FF Reject Skincent
I've prepared a sort of form for the participants to note down the items they collect. You can use this to track your progress! [quote name="(Venue Name)"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [/center] [/quote] Here it is as code: [code][quote name="(Venue Name)"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [/center] [/quote] [/code]
I've prepared a sort of form for the participants to note down the items they collect. You can use this to track your progress!
(Venue Name) wrote:
FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR

BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER

Notable Drops:

Here it is as code:
Code:
[quote name="(Venue Name)"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [/center] [/quote]
Familiar Wishlist
Specialty Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist
Dragons on sale
Reserved!
Reserved!
Familiar Wishlist
Specialty Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist
Dragons on sale
I'll be the first participant! I won't be counting special drops that aren't very valuable and are common such as minor health potions or the unique chest of the venue (e.g: leafy pack) as notable drops. I'm having a very hard time getting specialty and skin drops so when I collect items from the other categories, I'm going to buy a specialty item and a skin from the venue on the AH. [quote name="Training Fields"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [item=honeycomb fragment][item=beeswax][item=green lace waist frill][item=yellow-throated sparrowmouse] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [item=minor health potion][item=Skin: Ruby Webwing][item=Scene: Training Fields][item=leafy pack] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [item=mana bolt] [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Woodland Path"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [item=wildwood owlet][item=sakura moss][item=veteran's leg scars][item=velvet fawn] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [item=wave slash][item=Accent: janus trap][item=Vista: Woodland Path][item=leafy pack] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [item=rally][item=unhatched fire egg][item=winterwatcher's arctic boots][item=magical might fragment] [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Scorched Forest"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [item=wisp fruit][item=sparrow skull][item=dented iron helmet][item=smoke gyre] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [item=minor health potion][item=Skin: Fungalhoof Qiriq][item=Ancient Gene Parchment: Spade][item=bottled embers] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [item=acuity fragment] [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Boneyard"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [item=library lurker][item=glob of oil][item=Nebula Starsilk Scarf][item=skeletal streak] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [item=minor health potion][item=scene: the boneyard][item=Isopuppy Amigurumi] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [item=corven scribe][item=ancient gene parchment: flutter][item=steelscale isopuppy][item=contuse][item=diseased might fragment][item=earthen might fragment][item=bonepicker archivist][item=boulder bolt][item=hissing foulscale][item=hissing foulscale][item=natural acuity fragment][item=boneblade knight][item=diseased acuity fragment][item=scene: the boneyard][item=hissing foulscale][item=boneyard omen][item=fiery might fragment][item=might fragment][item=diseased might fragment] [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Sandswept Delta"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [item=desert cactus][item=fuiran claws][item=sinister cane][item=fuiran] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [item=charged acuity fragment][item=skin: greatshell][item=scene: sandswept delta][item=bunny ear cactus] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [item=Ward][item=frigid bolt] [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Silk-Strewn Wreckage"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [item=watchful viper][item=hornworm viperpillar segment][item=Jolly Mushroom Basket][item=Glow Worm Swarm] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [item=minor health potion][item=vial of hypnotic sight][item=midnight oil lamp] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [item=might fragment][item=contuse][item=fiery acuity fragment][item=envenom][item=shining acuity fragment] [/center] [/quote] [quote name="Blooming Grove"][center][b]FOOD | MATERIAL | APPAREL | FAMILIAR[/b] [item=ghost-painted fern][item=pilco segments] [b]BATTLE | SKIN | SPECIALTY | OTHER[/b] [item=minor health potion][item=tarnished cerdae necklace] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [/center] [/quote]
I'll be the first participant! I won't be counting special drops that aren't very valuable and are common such as minor health potions or the unique chest of the venue (e.g: leafy pack) as notable drops.

I'm having a very hard time getting specialty and skin drops so when I collect items from the other categories, I'm going to buy a specialty item and a skin from the venue on the AH.
Training Fields wrote:
Honeycomb Fragment Beeswax Green Lace Waist Frill Yellow-Throated Sparrowmouse

Minor Health Potion Skin: Ruby Webwing Scene: Training Fields Leafy Pack

Notable Drops:
Mana Bolt
Woodland Path wrote:
Wildwood Owlet Sakura Moss Veteran's Leg Scars Velvet Fawn

Wave Slash Accent: Janus Trap Vista: Woodland Path Leafy Pack

Notable Drops:
Rally Unhatched Fire Egg Winterwatcher's Arctic Boots Magical Might Fragment
Scorched Forest wrote:
Wisp Fruit Sparrow Skull Dented Iron Helmet Smoke Gyre

Minor Health Potion Skin: Fungalhoof Qiriq Ancient Gene Parchment: Spade Bottled Embers

Notable Drops:
Acuity Fragment
Boneyard wrote:
Library Lurker Glob of Oil Nebula Starsilk Scarf Skeletal Streak

Minor Health Potion Scene: The Boneyard Isopuppy Amigurumi

Notable Drops:
Corven Scribe Ancient Gene Parchment: Flutter Steelscale Isopuppy Contuse Diseased Might Fragment Earthen Might Fragment Bonepicker Archivist Boulder Bolt Hissing Foulscale Hissing Foulscale Natural Acuity Fragment Boneblade Knight Diseased Acuity Fragment Scene: The Boneyard Hissing Foulscale Boneyard Omen Fiery Might Fragment Might Fragment Diseased Might Fragment
Sandswept Delta wrote:
Desert Cactus Fuiran Claws Sinister Cane Fuiran

Charged Acuity Fragment Skin: Greatshell Scene: Sandswept Delta Bunny Ear Cactus

Notable Drops:
Ward Frigid Bolt
Silk-Strewn Wreckage wrote:
Watchful Viper Hornworm Viperpillar Segment Jolly Mushroom Basket Glow Worm Swarm

Minor Health Potion Vial of Hypnotic Sight Midnight Oil Lamp

Notable Drops:
Might Fragment Contuse Fiery Acuity Fragment Envenom Shining Acuity Fragment
Blooming Grove wrote:
Ghost-Painted Fern Pilco Segments

Minor Health Potion Tarnished Cerdae Necklace

Notable Drops:
Familiar Wishlist
Specialty Wishlist