Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Do you Feel Lucky Hatfield and McCoy BC
1 2 3 4
[center][/center][center][size=6][color=Blue][b]Do you Feel Lucky Hatfield and McCoy Breeding Challenge[/b][/center] This is a parallel five generation breeding project with two lines of dragons. [b]First step:[/b] 1. Get two starting pairs - they can be gen1 dragons, any gen dragons bought off the AH, gen1 dragons hatched from eggs collected in the coli, or any gen dragons you already have in your lair. [b][color=Blue]*Note: To save space, it is possible to do one pair/lineage at a time - as long as the final Heirs are compatible for breeding for that final pairing.[/color][/b] [quote= Essentials]- Make sure all four dragons are breeding compatible. - Check that any mates you add during the first five generations are breeding compatible with all four starting dragons as well or with both lineages, depending on whether you keep the original pairings. -For any lineage restarts, check breeding compatibility of all newly included dragons.[/quote] [b]- Using only gen 1s for the initial pairings and all subsequent mates will eliminate the need to check breeding compatibility.[/b] - To make this harder, you can have one or more additional goals, such as breeding out the ugly, finding specific colors/genes, getting a specific end dragon, or all of the above. [b]Second step:[/b] 2. Keep the first hatchling of each of the first five nests for each pair, then find a mate for each of those Heirs. The mates can be gen 1s, bought off the AH, dragons you already have in your lair, etc. just as with the starting pairs. [b][color= transparent] XXXXX[/color]- Alternately, you can use a random number generator to choose the Heir.[/b] [center][b][color= Red]- The rule is that you cannot pick the Heir yourself, to make it harder. lol[/color][/b][/center] [b]Third step:[/b] 3. The sixth Heir is then bred back to the first Heir, then the seventh and the second, the eighth and the thrid, etc. - If at any point the firstborn or randomly chosen Heir is the same sex as the Heir they are to be bred back to, a random number generator can be used one time to choose another Heir. [center][b]- This is not needed for two egg nests.[/b][/center] [b][color= red]* For single egg nests or if the random number generator chooses another hatchling of the same sex as the Heir to be bred back to, that lineage has to be started over again.[/color][/b] [b]Fourth step:[/b] 4. Once you have the Eleventh generation of Heirs for "the Hatfields" and "the McCoys," those two Heirs are to be bred together. The generations are counted begining at the first hatched Heir for each starter pair. - If both Heirs are the same sex, a random number generator can be used one time to choose a different Heir from one of the two lineages but not both. Choose wisely. :D [center][b]- This is not needed for two egg nests.[/b][/center] [b][color= red]* For single egg nests or if the random number generator chooses another hatchling of the same sex as the Heir to be bred back to, that lineage has to be started over again.[/color][/b] [b]Fifth step:[/b] 5. The final Heir is chosen from the nest of "the Hatfield" and "the McCoys" pairing. [center][b][color= Blue]* This is the only nest from which you can personally pick your favorite hatchling as the Heir.[/color][/b][/center] [quote= Clarification of which dragons need to be kept and for how long] 1. First 4 dragons (initial pairings) - keeping would be optional. [center]- Finding a new pair to start a new lineage could be compatability checked against the current Heir of the remaining lineage.[/center] 2. First 5 Heirs of each lineage - need to keep until bred to the next five Heirs in their lineage in the following order: 1-6, 2-7, 3-8, 4- 9, 5- 10. [center]- They would not be kept to be bred to any other dragons for this challenge.[/center] [center]- They can be let go once bred or kept as desired. [/center] - Any other dragons kept are optional, since you would know immediately if you need the random number generator to pick a new Heir in any given nest beginning at the sixth nest. Presumably, the player would pick the new Heir immediately, before doing anything with any other hatchlings from that nest. 3. Non-Heir Hatchlings - if not needed as Heir - can be let go to save space if the player does not want to keep them. If they aren't needed immediately beginning at the sixth generation, they wouldn't be needed for the challenge. [center][b]All hatchlings for the first five generations should probably be kept in case they are needed as an alternate Heir but can be let go once the Heir is selected and bred to each successive generation's Heir. Eg. Extra hatchlings from the first generation can be let go once you have chosen the Heir to breed to the sixth generation Heir, and so on.[/b][/center] 4. All mates acquired for Heirs can be let go or kept if desired after breeding to the Heir. [b]This means a player could need up to 60+ spaces for dragons needing bred, plus enough to hatch the nests of course. Good thing there is a Hibernal Den. ;)[/b][/quote] [b][color=blue]Challenge Modifications for Easier Play[/color][/b] 1. Keep all hatchlings from each generation until the sixth generation, at which point you can start discarding all unneeded hatchlings from each generation you are done breeding back to, i.e. extra hatchlings from generation 1 can be let go after the Heir is bred to the Heir for generation 6, extra hatchlings from generation 2 can be let go after the Heir is bred to the Heir for generation 7, and so on. This allows you to pick the Heir as needed from both nests to find a breedable pairing regardless of which dragon hatched first or was picked by RNG. 2. Rebreed the parents for the generation 6 Heir if no suitable hatchlings are born in the first nest. Repeat as needed until you have a suitable mate. Repeat as needed for each generation from generation 6 to generation 10. 3. Generation 11 can also allow for the parents of generatiojn 10 to be rebred to get a suitable breeding pair as needed. [b]If treasure is a motivator, feel free to keep track of your costs and gains during the challenge. [/b] For example: - Track the cost of the bought dragons - Track any treasure or gems earned from exalting - Track any treasure or gems earned from Sales No need to ping. I'm subscribed. Ping list if needed @HSoup, @Meadbhb - in case either of you want to try this at some point or just want to check how it's going. lol
Do you Feel Lucky Hatfield and McCoy Breeding Challenge

This is a parallel five generation breeding project with two lines of dragons.

First step:

1. Get two starting pairs - they can be gen1 dragons, any gen dragons bought off the AH, gen1 dragons hatched from eggs collected in the coli, or any gen dragons you already have in your lair.

*Note: To save space, it is possible to do one pair/lineage at a time - as long as the final Heirs are compatible for breeding for that final pairing.

Essentials wrote:
- Make sure all four dragons are breeding compatible.

- Check that any mates you add during the first five generations are breeding compatible with all four starting dragons as well or with both lineages, depending on whether you keep the original pairings.

-For any lineage restarts, check breeding compatibility of all newly included dragons.

- Using only gen 1s for the initial pairings and all subsequent mates will eliminate the need to check breeding compatibility.

- To make this harder, you can have one or more additional goals, such as breeding out the ugly, finding specific colors/genes, getting a specific end dragon, or all of the above.

Second step:

2. Keep the first hatchling of each of the first five nests for each pair, then find a mate for each of those Heirs. The mates can be gen 1s, bought off the AH, dragons you already have in your lair, etc. just as with the starting pairs.

XXXXX- Alternately, you can use a random number generator to choose the Heir.
- The rule is that you cannot pick the Heir yourself, to make it harder. lol

Third step:

3. The sixth Heir is then bred back to the first Heir, then the seventh and the second, the eighth and the thrid, etc.

- If at any point the firstborn or randomly chosen Heir is the same sex as the Heir they are to be bred back to, a random number generator can be used one time to choose another Heir.
- This is not needed for two egg nests.

* For single egg nests or if the random number generator chooses another hatchling of the same sex as the Heir to be bred back to, that lineage has to be started over again.

Fourth step:

4. Once you have the Eleventh generation of Heirs for "the Hatfields" and "the McCoys," those two Heirs are to be bred together. The generations are counted begining at the first hatched Heir for each starter pair.

- If both Heirs are the same sex, a random number generator can be used one time to choose a different Heir from one of the two lineages but not both. Choose wisely. :D
- This is not needed for two egg nests.

* For single egg nests or if the random number generator chooses another hatchling of the same sex as the Heir to be bred back to, that lineage has to be started over again.

Fifth step:

5. The final Heir is chosen from the nest of "the Hatfield" and "the McCoys" pairing.
* This is the only nest from which you can personally pick your favorite hatchling as the Heir.

Clarification of which dragons need to be kept and for how long wrote:

1. First 4 dragons (initial pairings) - keeping would be optional.
- Finding a new pair to start a new lineage could be compatability checked against the current Heir of the remaining lineage.

2. First 5 Heirs of each lineage - need to keep until bred to the next five Heirs in their lineage in the following order: 1-6, 2-7, 3-8, 4- 9, 5- 10.
- They would not be kept to be bred to any other dragons for this challenge.
- They can be let go once bred or kept as desired.

- Any other dragons kept are optional, since you would know immediately if you need the random number generator to pick a new Heir in any given nest beginning at the sixth nest. Presumably, the player would pick the new Heir immediately, before doing anything with any other hatchlings from that nest.

3. Non-Heir Hatchlings - if not needed as Heir - can be let go to save space if the player does not want to keep them. If they aren't needed immediately beginning at the sixth generation, they wouldn't be needed for the challenge.
All hatchlings for the first five generations should probably be kept in case they are needed as an alternate Heir but can be let go once the Heir is selected and bred to each successive generation's Heir. Eg. Extra hatchlings from the first generation can be let go once you have chosen the Heir to breed to the sixth generation Heir, and so on.

4. All mates acquired for Heirs can be let go or kept if desired after breeding to the Heir.

This means a player could need up to 60+ spaces for dragons needing bred, plus enough to hatch the nests of course. Good thing there is a Hibernal Den. ;)

Challenge Modifications for Easier Play

1. Keep all hatchlings from each generation until the sixth generation, at which point you can start discarding all unneeded hatchlings from each generation you are done breeding back to, i.e. extra hatchlings from generation 1 can be let go after the Heir is bred to the Heir for generation 6, extra hatchlings from generation 2 can be let go after the Heir is bred to the Heir for generation 7, and so on.

This allows you to pick the Heir as needed from both nests to find a breedable pairing regardless of which dragon hatched first or was picked by RNG.

2. Rebreed the parents for the generation 6 Heir if no suitable hatchlings are born in the first nest. Repeat as needed until you have a suitable mate. Repeat as needed for each generation from generation 6 to generation 10.

3. Generation 11 can also allow for the parents of generatiojn 10 to be rebred to get a suitable breeding pair as needed.

If treasure is a motivator, feel free to keep track of your costs and gains during the challenge.

For example:

- Track the cost of the bought dragons
- Track any treasure or gems earned from exalting
- Track any treasure or gems earned from Sales

No need to ping. I'm subscribed.

Ping list if needed

@HSoup, @Meadbhb - in case either of you want to try this at some point or just want to check how it's going. lol
Qn4lcwg.png
For tracking [b]Hatfields[/b] Starting Pair: Kahuna [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72783291][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/727833/72783291_350.png[/img][/url] Aissa [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79196935][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/791970/79196935_350.png[/img][/url] AvaHatfield - Heir #1 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93790899][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/937909/93790899_350.png[/img][/url]
For tracking Hatfields

Starting Pair:

Kahuna
72783291_350.png

Aissa
79196935_350.png

AvaHatfield - Heir #1
93790899_350.png
Qn4lcwg.png
For tracking [b]McCoys[/b] Starting Pair: Musa [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35892632][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/358927/35892632_350.png[/img][/url] Belle [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35892684][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/358927/35892684_350.png[/img][/url] AdaMcCoy - Heir #1 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93790902][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/937910/93790902_350.png[/img][/url]
For tracking McCoys

Starting Pair:

Musa
35892632_350.png

Belle
35892684_350.png

AdaMcCoy - Heir #1
93790902_350.png
Qn4lcwg.png
saving in case it's needed
Qn4lcwg.png
Qn4lcwg.png
Qn4lcwg.png

Got your challenge saved, so I can watch how this goes. I'd join, but, DWF space and I've got my own two challenges going.

Got your challenge saved, so I can watch how this goes. I'd join, but, DWF space and I've got my own two challenges going.
p5S2w8m.gifGvdeBPH.gift4WZbnC.gifGLqljBH.gifoAdfhjn.gif
I've got a bunch of Gen 1's I hatched for leap day, so I might try this. I have to see if I will have the space to see it thru. If I do, I'll post my pairs here.
I've got a bunch of Gen 1's I hatched for leap day, so I might try this. I have to see if I will have the space to see it thru. If I do, I'll post my pairs here.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
@Meadbhb - That's nice of you! I understand lack of space. lol Maybe someday you might give it a spin. There's no time limit if you want to join at any time. :D

@HSoup - That will be cool! As I said to Meadbhb, there is no specific time you need to join so no rush. And space will be an issue for most I think, including me since my space tends to disappear regularly. lol

I haven't decided yet if I want to use gen 1s that I've already gened, dragons I already have, or take this excuse to look for more dragons. Hahaha

I'll try to decide today or tomorrow and post my first pairs. Of course, doing just one pair/lineage at a time is also an option. Hmm. I"ll make a note of it in the first post. :D

Edit: I've decided, and I'm using four gen 1s I already have and that I already gened. RNG will tell me if that was a good choice. lol
@Meadbhb - That's nice of you! I understand lack of space. lol Maybe someday you might give it a spin. There's no time limit if you want to join at any time. :D

@HSoup - That will be cool! As I said to Meadbhb, there is no specific time you need to join so no rush. And space will be an issue for most I think, including me since my space tends to disappear regularly. lol

I haven't decided yet if I want to use gen 1s that I've already gened, dragons I already have, or take this excuse to look for more dragons. Hahaha

I'll try to decide today or tomorrow and post my first pairs. Of course, doing just one pair/lineage at a time is also an option. Hmm. I"ll make a note of it in the first post. :D

Edit: I've decided, and I'm using four gen 1s I already have and that I already gened. RNG will tell me if that was a good choice. lol
Qn4lcwg.png
The Hatfields have given me three eggs, and the McCoys have given me two eggs.

Now we wait to see what else RNG has in store. *grabs popcorn
The Hatfields have given me three eggs, and the McCoys have given me two eggs.

Now we wait to see what else RNG has in store. *grabs popcorn
Qn4lcwg.png
1 2 3 4