Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Festive Nights: IRL Scavenger Hunt
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][img]https://i.gyazo.com/8a7ea487d4bc9f52fad9097d07486ca1.png[/img] [size=7][font=Lucida Handwriting][color=forestgreen]Festive Nights[/color][/font][/size] [size=5][font=serif]IRL Scavenger Hunt[/font][/size] [/center] Last night, the sun set on the final day. It was cold. And it was dark. Some spent it huddled with others, sharing in warmth. Others spent it alone. It is easy this way, to think that it will always be dark. But the sun also rises on that very first day. They stir, stretching, shaking the snow off their hulking body. In the trees, critters are chattering as they too wake from their longest night. Birds call out and listen for their responses. Hatchlings the world over laugh as they pounce on snowpiles. Hawthorne opens their eyes, blinking away the sleep slowly. Already, glitters of interest catch their attention. Bits and bobs and treasure troves of tiny, precious memories. The smell of friendship is in the air. Hawthorne means to find it. Will you help them?
8a7ea487d4bc9f52fad9097d07486ca1.png

Festive Nights
IRL Scavenger Hunt

Last night, the sun set on the final day. It was cold. And it was dark. Some spent it huddled with others, sharing in warmth. Others spent it alone. It is easy this way, to think that it will always be dark.

But the sun also rises on that very first day.

They stir, stretching, shaking the snow off their hulking body. In the trees, critters are chattering as they too wake from their longest night. Birds call out and listen for their responses. Hatchlings the world over laugh as they pounce on snowpiles.

Hawthorne opens their eyes, blinking away the sleep slowly. Already, glitters of interest catch their attention. Bits and bobs and treasure troves of tiny, precious memories. The smell of friendship is in the air. Hawthorne means to find it.

Will you help them?
old-oaks-3.png mqzpYz5.png
[center][size=7][font=Algerian][color=forestgreen][u]Rules and Guidelines[/u][/color][/font][/size][/center] This hunt is open to anyone who wishes to participate, and will be running from now until rollover, January 13th. [size=4][b][u]Please[/size][size=3] do not[/u][/b][/size] share images that contain personally identifying information such as faces, addresses, place names, or other items that would allow someone to pinpoint you in real life. Please be respectful of others and aware of your surroundings while playing. [center][img]https://gallery.yopriceville.com/var/resizes/Free-Clipart-Pictures/Christmas-PNG/Transparent_Christmas_Deco_Clipart.png[/img][/center] [emoji=treasure size=1][b][u]A fee.[/u][/b] Please [u]submit a payment of 15kt/g [/u]to proceed with the hunt! You can pay this by sending a message to @Sinuzaki! [emoji=comment size=1] [b][u]Make a post to keep track of your tasks![/u][/b] You will edit this post and it will be the sole one I use to keep track of your entry and points. You are welcome to reserve a post, don't feel you need to have an entry ready first! [indent][b][i]What goes into my post?[/i][/b][/indent] Good question! To play this scavenger hunt you need a [b]nametag[/b] and you need [b]a camera[/b]. I'll provide you with tasks or items to find in the real world, and your job is to- well, find them! When you do, take a picture of the item with your nametag visible in it and you get your points! Some tasks are really straightforward, while some of them you might need to get creative with. Have fun with it! Just, again, [b][u]BE SURE to not have any identifying information of yourself in the pictures or of others, including your faces.[/u][/b] [emoji=ping 2 size=1][b][u]NAMETAG[/u][/b] Get creative with it, [b]but it is IMPERATIVE[/b] you have this in your entry. Your pictures will not be counted if they don't have a nametag!! [indent][b]What do I put in my nametag?[/b][/indent] All I ask is your nametag have: [b]Username[/b], [b]User ID[/b], and [b]date[/b] and/or [b]Event Name[/b]. Example being: [img]https://i.imgur.com/cLWSS4f.png[/img] [emoji=magnifying glass size=1][b]If your photo has multiple task items in it[/b], be sure to note that down in your post! For example, if a desk picture has various items listed in another section of the tasks- just mark down what those items are! I'll count it. [emoji=question mark size=1]If you're confused or unsure how to get an entry in, don't hesitate to ping or DM me! I'm very lenient on what can 'count' as an item. [emoji=information size=1][b]Pictures must be posted in your thread[/b]. [indent][b]Please use imgur or another photo sharing site to submit your entries.[/b] Discord is not reliable and unfortunately if the image link is no longer functional, I can't count the entry.[/indent] [img]https://gallery.yopriceville.com/var/resizes/Free-Clipart-Pictures/Christmas-PNG/Christmas_Decoration_with_Gifts_PNG_Clip_Art_Image.png[/img] [center][size=5][u]Examples on How To Take Pictures[/u][/size][/center] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/3Xy8YsE.png[/img][nextcol] 10/10 This pic is clear cut. The cauldron is easily visible and so is the nametag! Everything is easily visible and Scav Hunt approved![/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/Wpv4q0y.png[/img][nextcol]This one is also good!! Still easily viewable. If there were other items they would also be easily noticeable, or you could circle em if you so desired so I can see em better!! The nametag is still viewable and even if it was mildly blurry, it still counts cause I can see the info!![/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/2PraMxd.png[/img][nextcol]Oops! This one is less bueno. The item is viewable, but a bit cut off, and the nametag is...well, partially visible?? I would use my discretion with this type of entry, but it's on thin ice :c Better to get as much of the nametag as possible in.[/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/mpJHPlZ.png[/img][nextcol]BEWARE! This is a no for me, lads. Sorry. There's no nametag in the picture. I can't count it.[/columns]
Rules and Guidelines

This hunt is open to anyone who wishes to participate, and will be running from now until rollover, January 13th.

Please do not share images that contain personally identifying information such as faces, addresses, place names, or other items that would allow someone to pinpoint you in real life.

Please be respectful of others and aware of your surroundings while playing.
Transparent_Christmas_Deco_Clipart.png

A fee. Please submit a payment of 15kt/g to proceed with the hunt! You can pay this by sending a message to @Sinuzaki!

Make a post to keep track of your tasks!

You will edit this post and it will be the sole one I use to keep track of your entry and points. You are welcome to reserve a post, don't feel you need to have an entry ready first!
What goes into my post?

Good question! To play this scavenger hunt you need a nametag and you need a camera. I'll provide you with tasks or items to find in the real world, and your job is to- well, find them! When you do, take a picture of the item with your nametag visible in it and you get your points!

Some tasks are really straightforward, while some of them you might need to get creative with. Have fun with it! Just, again, BE SURE to not have any identifying information of yourself in the pictures or of others, including your faces.

NAMETAG

Get creative with it, but it is IMPERATIVE you have this in your entry. Your pictures will not be counted if they don't have a nametag!!
What do I put in my nametag?

All I ask is your nametag have: Username, User ID, and date and/or Event Name.

Example being:

cLWSS4f.png

If your photo has multiple task items in it, be sure to note that down in your post! For example, if a desk picture has various items listed in another section of the tasks- just mark down what those items are! I'll count it.

If you're confused or unsure how to get an entry in, don't hesitate to ping or DM me! I'm very lenient on what can 'count' as an item.

Pictures must be posted in your thread.
Please use imgur or another photo sharing site to submit your entries. Discord is not reliable and unfortunately if the image link is no longer functional, I can't count the entry.

Christmas_Decoration_with_Gifts_PNG_Clip_Art_Image.png

Examples on How To Take Pictures
3Xy8YsE.png 10/10
This pic is clear cut. The cauldron is easily visible and so is the nametag! Everything is easily visible and Scav Hunt approved!
Wpv4q0y.png This one is also good!! Still easily viewable. If there were other items they would also be easily noticeable, or you could circle em if you so desired so I can see em better!! The nametag is still viewable and even if it was mildly blurry, it still counts cause I can see the info!!
2PraMxd.png Oops! This one is less bueno. The item is viewable, but a bit cut off, and the nametag is...well, partially visible?? I would use my discretion with this type of entry, but it's on thin ice :c Better to get as much of the nametag as possible in.
mpJHPlZ.png BEWARE! This is a no for me, lads. Sorry. There's no nametag in the picture. I can't count it.
[center][size=7][color=red][font=Algerian]Badges[/font][/color][/size][/center] Participant [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1186422619180892310/1187912548796858388/Untitled546_20231222002828.png[/img] [center]Completion [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1186422619180892310/1187912549132415116/Untitled547_20231222183156.png[/img] [/center] [right]Bonus [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1186422619180892310/1187912549564416051/Untitled551_20231222191917.png[/img] [/right] ------------------------------------------------- [center][size=7][color=gold][font=Algerian]F.A.Q.[/font][/color][/size][/center] [b]-Are the tops of foreheads allowed? What if the picture is of something on my head? [/b][indent]I'd say so long as identifying features are edited out or not visible you're good! so like- top of the forehead, above the eyebrow line shouldn't be an issue.[/indent] [b]-Are fake task items allowed? Example being a task is 'Pumpkin' and you have a plastic and a ceramic jack-o-lantern. Will that fly? [/b][indent]Yep! The name of the game is being creative. If you can provide a decent argument for why your submission fits the task, I'll take it.[/indent] [b]-Can pictures have spirits and wines and associated beverages? [/b][indent]This one's a little iffy. If it's a beverage of a 21+ variety in the USA, you should be fine- just dont, like, make it obvious. Don't take pictures that make it obvious you're in an adult institution if that's applicable? I tried reaching out to FR regarding images of Spirits and Wines and didn't hear back, so just use your best judgement for this! Just be PG13 with it I suppose.[/indent] [b]-What if we think our image might be triggering (has spiders, item that is known to be triggering, etc;)[/b] [indent]If you're worried an image you're submitting has a common trigger or anything like that, you can link to that image specifically! Or provide a heads up on the top of your post.[/indent] [b]-My nametag got ruined! [/b][indent]It's okay! Make a new one and use that. If it's drastically different from the first, include both versions in your nametag submission, but otherwise it's nothing to worry about![/indent] [b]-Where do the funds go? [/b][indent]This hunt is a bit different from my usuals. Typically the hunts I run are associated with Dom events for my flight, Lightning. Ergo the funds go there. This hunt is different in that it's purely one I'm running as a way to bring the comunity together and have fun! Especially since I know this time of year is a festive one, but can also be a bit of a hard time for some folks too. I wanted to provide something to focus on for everyone if the holidays or time of year aren't their cup of cheese if that makes sense. ANYWAYS. As such, funds go directly to me and those who helped make this event happen. I will split funds at the end of the event 50/50 between myself and Deviation, who has been monumental in making this happen. They can do with their funds what they desire c: With my funds, I will use it to pay any remaining amounts I need to the wonderful artists who made the badges and banners for this event. If there's enough, I will donate a hefty portion to different FR causes in the spirit of giving :v Namely Old Oaks tbh.[/indent]
Badges

Participant
Untitled546_20231222002828.png
Completion
Untitled547_20231222183156.png
Bonus
Untitled551_20231222191917.png

F.A.Q.

-Are the tops of foreheads allowed? What if the picture is of something on my head?
I'd say so long as identifying features are edited out or not visible you're good! so like- top of the forehead, above the eyebrow line shouldn't be an issue.

-Are fake task items allowed? Example being a task is 'Pumpkin' and you have a plastic and a ceramic jack-o-lantern. Will that fly?
Yep! The name of the game is being creative. If you can provide a decent argument for why your submission fits the task, I'll take it.

-Can pictures have spirits and wines and associated beverages?
This one's a little iffy. If it's a beverage of a 21+ variety in the USA, you should be fine- just dont, like, make it obvious. Don't take pictures that make it obvious you're in an adult institution if that's applicable? I tried reaching out to FR regarding images of Spirits and Wines and didn't hear back, so just use your best judgement for this! Just be PG13 with it I suppose.

-What if we think our image might be triggering (has spiders, item that is known to be triggering, etc;)
If you're worried an image you're submitting has a common trigger or anything like that, you can link to that image specifically! Or provide a heads up on the top of your post.

-My nametag got ruined!
It's okay! Make a new one and use that. If it's drastically different from the first, include both versions in your nametag submission, but otherwise it's nothing to worry about!

-Where do the funds go?
This hunt is a bit different from my usuals. Typically the hunts I run are associated with Dom events for my flight, Lightning. Ergo the funds go there. This hunt is different in that it's purely one I'm running as a way to bring the comunity together and have fun! Especially since I know this time of year is a festive one, but can also be a bit of a hard time for some folks too. I wanted to provide something to focus on for everyone if the holidays or time of year aren't their cup of cheese if that makes sense. ANYWAYS.

As such, funds go directly to me and those who helped make this event happen. I will split funds at the end of the event 50/50 between myself and Deviation, who has been monumental in making this happen. They can do with their funds what they desire c:

With my funds, I will use it to pay any remaining amounts I need to the wonderful artists who made the badges and banners for this event. If there's enough, I will donate a hefty portion to different FR causes in the spirit of giving :v Namely Old Oaks tbh.

[img]https://rmhcpt.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Bags-in-color.png[/img] [center] [i]"Thank you," Hawthorne says, bending down to meet your gaze. They speak slow and thoughtful. "I've slept quite a long time. And I don't remember where my Friendship-Memories are kept. You, too, smell like friendship." You ask them what smells like friendship to them. "Good things. For new year and new age and happy laughter. Things that keep you warm. Things that make you smile." You ask them what shape friendship takes. Hawthorne tilts their head, a pile of snow sloughing off. They seem not to notice. "I think it looks like..." [/i] [/center] [center][size=7][color=Black][font=Algerian]Tasks[/font][/color][/size][/center] [center] [size=1]Each task is 10 points.[/size][/center] [size=5][u]Greet the Family[/u][/size] Task 1 : [b]Nametag[/b] [indent]Introduce yourself and post your nametag! Make sure it includes your Username, ID, and the event name or date!![/indent] Task 2 : [b]A Festive or Winter Dragon![/b] [indent]Share a dragon you have that fits the theme of this hunt! Specifically a dragon that embodies the winter season or the season of holidays that are associated with this time of year.[/indent] Task 3 : [b]Night of the Noc[/b] [indent]Share a dragon that embodies Night of the Nocturne![/indent] [size=5][u]Noc it Out[/u][/size] Task 4 : [b]Something Smirchy[/b] [indent]Anything that is dirty or soiled! Try not to be too gross with this one, it's rather broad in interpretation.[/indent] Task 5 : [b]Phylactery[/b] [indent]We're mainly going with the DnD interpretation here! [i]"A mage becomes a lich by means of necromancy, using a magical receptacle called a phylactery to store the lich's soul."[/i] Therefore, this task is just an item you'd use to store a lich's soul! A container![/indent] ------ [indent] 6. Pinpush Doll 7. Telescope 8. Overwatered Seedling 9. Chalice 10. Spritely Portrait 11. Brooch 12. Origami 13. Tinder 14. Wicker 15. Quill 16. Runner Carpet 17. Ottoman 18. Rock Paper Scissors 19. Door Knocker 20. Book Hoard 21. Sugar and Spice 22. Salt and Pepper 23. Tea/Tea Set 24. Fidget Toy 25. Big Key 26. Candle Cascade 27. Sculpture / Statue 28. Marionette 29. Mirror 30. Broken Mirror 31. Dust 32. Strange Chest [/indent] [size=5][u]Crystalline Gala [/u][/size] [i]These tasks are associated with Ice-Flight, since January is their festival month it felt only right to mention them. [/i] [indent] 33. Tundra Dragon 34. Gaoler Dragon 35. Chains 36. Glitterfreeze 37. Snow 38. Icicle 39. Frosted Window 40. Cave 41. Elk/Deer 42. Cuddly Comfort Item 43. Something Fluffy 44. Robe 45. Aurora Borealis [/indent] [size=5][u]Winter Solstice Has Arrived[/u][/size] [i]These tasks are associated with winter in general and are typically not holiday specific.[/i] [indent]46. Animal Tracks 47. Cardinal 48. Pinecone 49. Acorn 50. Sun 51. Winter Boots 52. Bootprints 53. Jacket 54. Hat 55. Berries 56. Sled 57. Mittens 58. Snow Owl 59. Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch 60. Empty Nest 61. Chimney/Smoke 62. Hot chocolate 63. Apple Cider 64. Snowman 65. Scarf 66. Candle 67. Leaf on Branch [/indent] [size=5][u]Festive Colors[/u][/size] [i]These tasks are colors associated with different cultural practices and holidays during this time of year and winter season![/i] [indent]68. Something White 69. Something Blue 70. Something Gold 71. Something Yellow 72. Something Black 73. Something Green 74. Something Red 75. Something Purple [/indent] [size=5][u]Holiday Greetings and New Beginnings![/u][/size] [i]These tasks are associated with different holidays, including but not limited to Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hannukah! It also includes tasks associated with New Year celebrations! Including both western New Years and Lunar New Years![/i] [indent] 76. A Grinch 77. A Scrooge 78. Holiday Lights 79. Mistletoe 80. Ornament 81. Elf 72. Stocking 83. Nutcracker 84. Homemade Ornament 85. Train 86. Candy Cane 87. Bow 88. Present 89. Santa 90. Christmas Tree 91. Something Bright 92. Lantern 93. Latke 94. Dreidel 95. Oil 96. Pastries 97. Gelt 98. Match 99. Applesauce 100. Lamp 102. A Peacock Feather 103. Flower 104. Fireworks 105. Marigold 106. Coins 107. Playing Cards 108. String of Lights 109. Hanging Decoration 110. Tinsel 120. Traditional Meal 121. Corn 122. Something Woven 123. Drum 124. Seven Items 125. Basket 126. Books 127. Food Cooking 128. Eight Items 129. A Game 130. Tangerine 131. Fish 132. Lion 133. Sunflower Seeds 134. Jester 135. Beads 136. Feathers 137. Crown 138. Balloons 139. Confetti 140. Pinata 141. Sequins 142. Cookies 143. Alligator 144. Something with Sports 145. Boat or Canoe 146. Red Envelope 147. Dragon 148. Dumplings 149. Peony 150. Rope 151. A Fan 152. A moon 153. Chopsticks 154. Bamboo 155. Candy 156. Toys 157. Bonfire 158. Sesame Seed 159. Rice Cake 160. Something Bright 161. Fireworks 162. Something that Spins 163. Something Loud 164. Clock 165. Calendar 166. Something Sparkly 167. Mask 168. Musical Instrument/Item 169. Proud of This Year 170. Wish for next year 171. Cleaning item 172. Black Eyed Peas 173. Shoes 174. Broom 175. Holiday Card [/indent] [center][Size=5]Bonus Points[/size][/center] [Size=2] There will be bonus points brought in to the hunt throughout it's entire duration! Keep checking in!![/size] -Bonus Task 1 : Signature!! [indent]Link this scavenger hunt in your signature and you get additional points! You can use this image if you'd like:[/indent] [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3287465/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/mqzpYz5.png[/img][/url] [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3287465/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/mqzpYz5.png[/img][/url][/code] [/center] -Bonus Task 2 : Holiday Icons [indent]These are very *very* specific to the individual holidays and their originating religions. If you don't live near an area with a high population of participants of that belief system, it might be harder to find these. Ergo- putting them as bonus tasks :) Each individual item is it's own bonus task! I just have them grouped here for convenience sake.[/indent] -Menorah -An Angel -Unity Cup -Kinara -Kings Cake -Luminaria Bonus Task 3 : (Western) New Years Shenanigans -Champaign! (Or Sparkling Cider, Something with the Same Vibe!) -'Time Ball' - Anything big, shiny, resembles a disco ball or the ball in NY Times Square! Bonus Task 4: Winter Symbols -Pomegranate!
Bags-in-color.png
"Thank you," Hawthorne says, bending down to meet your gaze. They speak slow and thoughtful. "I've slept quite a long time. And I don't remember where my Friendship-Memories are kept. You, too, smell like friendship."

You ask them what smells like friendship to them.

"Good things. For new year and new age and happy laughter. Things that keep you warm. Things that make you smile."

You ask them what shape friendship takes. Hawthorne tilts their head, a pile of snow sloughing off. They seem not to notice.

"I think it looks like..."

Tasks

Each task is 10 points.

Greet the Family

Task 1 : Nametag
Introduce yourself and post your nametag! Make sure it includes your Username, ID, and the event name or date!!

Task 2 : A Festive or Winter Dragon!
Share a dragon you have that fits the theme of this hunt! Specifically a dragon that embodies the winter season or the season of holidays that are associated with this time of year.

Task 3 : Night of the Noc
Share a dragon that embodies Night of the Nocturne!

Noc it Out

Task 4 : Something Smirchy
Anything that is dirty or soiled! Try not to be too gross with this one, it's rather broad in interpretation.

Task 5 : Phylactery
We're mainly going with the DnD interpretation here! "A mage becomes a lich by means of necromancy, using a magical receptacle called a phylactery to store the lich's soul."

Therefore, this task is just an item you'd use to store a lich's soul! A container!

6. Pinpush Doll
7. Telescope
8. Overwatered Seedling
9. Chalice
10. Spritely Portrait
11. Brooch
12. Origami
13. Tinder
14. Wicker
15. Quill
16. Runner Carpet
17. Ottoman
18. Rock Paper Scissors
19. Door Knocker
20. Book Hoard
21. Sugar and Spice
22. Salt and Pepper
23. Tea/Tea Set
24. Fidget Toy
25. Big Key
26. Candle Cascade
27. Sculpture / Statue
28. Marionette
29. Mirror
30. Broken Mirror
31. Dust
32. Strange Chest

Crystalline Gala
These tasks are associated with Ice-Flight, since January is their festival month it felt only right to mention them.

33. Tundra Dragon
34. Gaoler Dragon
35. Chains
36. Glitterfreeze
37. Snow
38. Icicle
39. Frosted Window
40. Cave
41. Elk/Deer
42. Cuddly Comfort Item
43. Something Fluffy
44. Robe
45. Aurora Borealis

Winter Solstice Has Arrived
These tasks are associated with winter in general and are typically not holiday specific.
46. Animal Tracks
47. Cardinal
48. Pinecone
49. Acorn
50. Sun
51. Winter Boots
52. Bootprints
53. Jacket
54. Hat
55. Berries
56. Sled
57. Mittens
58. Snow Owl
59. Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch
60. Empty Nest
61. Chimney/Smoke
62. Hot chocolate
63. Apple Cider
64. Snowman
65. Scarf
66. Candle
67. Leaf on Branch

Festive Colors
These tasks are colors associated with different cultural practices and holidays during this time of year and winter season!
68. Something White
69. Something Blue
70. Something Gold
71. Something Yellow
72. Something Black
73. Something Green
74. Something Red
75. Something Purple

Holiday Greetings and New Beginnings!
These tasks are associated with different holidays, including but not limited to Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hannukah! It also includes tasks associated with New Year celebrations! Including both western New Years and Lunar New Years!
76. A Grinch
77. A Scrooge
78. Holiday Lights
79. Mistletoe
80. Ornament
81. Elf
72. Stocking
83. Nutcracker
84. Homemade Ornament
85. Train
86. Candy Cane
87. Bow
88. Present
89. Santa
90. Christmas Tree
91. Something Bright
92. Lantern
93. Latke
94. Dreidel
95. Oil
96. Pastries
97. Gelt
98. Match
99. Applesauce

100. Lamp
102. A Peacock Feather
103. Flower
104. Fireworks
105. Marigold
106. Coins
107. Playing Cards
108. String of Lights
109. Hanging Decoration
110. Tinsel
120. Traditional Meal
121. Corn
122. Something Woven
123. Drum
124. Seven Items
125. Basket
126. Books
127. Food Cooking
128. Eight Items
129. A Game
130. Tangerine
131. Fish
132. Lion
133. Sunflower Seeds
134. Jester
135. Beads
136. Feathers
137. Crown
138. Balloons
139. Confetti
140. Pinata
141. Sequins
142. Cookies
143. Alligator
144. Something with Sports
145. Boat or Canoe
146. Red Envelope
147. Dragon
148. Dumplings
149. Peony
150. Rope

151. A Fan
152. A moon
153. Chopsticks
154. Bamboo
155. Candy
156. Toys
157. Bonfire
158. Sesame Seed
159. Rice Cake
160. Something Bright
161. Fireworks
162. Something that Spins
163. Something Loud
164. Clock
165. Calendar
166. Something Sparkly
167. Mask
168. Musical Instrument/Item
169. Proud of This Year
170. Wish for next year
171. Cleaning item
172. Black Eyed Peas
173. Shoes
174. Broom
175. Holiday Card
Bonus Points

There will be bonus points brought in to the hunt throughout it's entire duration! Keep checking in!!

-Bonus Task 1 : Signature!!
Link this scavenger hunt in your signature and you get additional points!

You can use this image if you'd like:
mqzpYz5.png
Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3287465/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/mqzpYz5.png[/img][/url]

-Bonus Task 2 : Holiday Icons
These are very *very* specific to the individual holidays and their originating religions. If you don't live near an area with a high population of participants of that belief system, it might be harder to find these. Ergo- putting them as bonus tasks :)

Each individual item is it's own bonus task! I just have them grouped here for convenience sake.

-Menorah
-An Angel
-Unity Cup
-Kinara
-Kings Cake
-Luminaria

Bonus Task 3 : (Western) New Years Shenanigans

-Champaign! (Or Sparkling Cider, Something with the Same Vibe!)
-'Time Ball' - Anything big, shiny, resembles a disco ball or the ball in NY Times Square!

Bonus Task 4: Winter Symbols
-Pomegranate!
[center][img]https://png.pngtree.com/png-vector/20231129/ourmid/pngtree-three-gift-selection-concept-secret-png-image_10741800.png[/img] [/center] [center][size=7][color=Green][font=Algerian]Prizes[/font][/color][/size] [quote=Seasons Greetings][item=Vista: Winter][/quote] [quote=Drops of Light][item=Accent: Glow Worm Cave][/quote] [quote=Sweeping in The New Year] [item=Vista: Steadfast Sweeper][item=Nocturnal Dust][item=Bewildered Broom][item=Skin: New World][/quote] [quote=Drop the Crystal Ball! (We have no crystal ball for prizes)] [item= Vigorous Goblet ][item= Tick-Tock ][item= Skin: Afterglow ][item= Time Devourer ][item= Dancing Chalice ][/quote] [quote=Arctic Researcher] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/2456554][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=6&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20564,20565,20566,20567,20568,20569,20570&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/quote] [quote=Noc It Out] [u]A collection of Night of the Nocturne Familiars[/u] You get a selection of 6 NoTN familiars of your choosing from this pool each prize round. ~*~ [item= Band of Companionship ][item= Venom Ring ][item= Crystal Curiosity ][item= Ponder Orb ][item= Dismayed Devilwood ][item= Wallowing Willow ][item= Eerie Baubles ][item= Enchanted Jewelry ][item= Entrapping Shackles ][item= Treacherous Irons ][item= Littlest Snapdragon ][item= Snappish Planting ][item= Rogue Apparel ][item= Cursed Die ][item= Snarling Mimic ][item= Ectoplasmime ][item= Jawlocker ][item= Serpentine Lamp ][item= Viulpine Lamp ][item= Animated Armor ][item= Spirit Armor ][item= Living Luminance ][item= Veiled Vision ][item= Crystal Carrier ][item= Orbiting Spirit ][item= Enchanted Armaments ][item= Sorcerous Arms ][item= Ball-Jointed Bogsneak ][item= Bogsneak Puppet ][item= Calculating Candelabra ][item= Smoldering Sconce ][item= Unlikely Alliance ][item= Opposing Forces ][item= Axe Mimic ][item= Crooked Hatchet ][item= Deadly Reflection ][item= Magic Mirror ][item= Wooden Marionette ][item= Painted Marionette ][item= Spellbound Tome ][item= Ensorcelled Volume ][item= Antique Chair ][item= Spidered Seat ][item= Colubrid Column ][item= Serthis Support ][item= Curious Kettle ][item= Inquisitive Shroud ][item= Valorous Cape ][item= Poltergeist Pile ][item= Transmuted Treasure ][item= Dirge Fiddlefiend ][item= Ghosthost Viola ][item= Tricky Telescope ][item= Mischievous Magnifier ][item= Pinpush Mirror Doll ][item= Scroll Stealer ][item= Kyorinrin ][item= Blooming Hedgehide ][item= Overwatered Seedling ][item= Vigilant Spear ][item= Apparition Lance ][item= Banshee Brooch ][item= Cryptic Cameo ][item= Swinging Chandelier ][item= Pitfall Fixture ][item= Furious Faun ][item= Seething Stove ][item= Bouncy Broiler ][item= Battered Vase ][item= Glazed Sentry ][item= Manticore's Might ][item= Catty Cannon ][item= Wicker Dragon ][item= Tinder Toy ][item= Silverstring Harp ][item= Veilspun Verse ][item= Steadfast Sweeper ][item= Magic Carpet ][item= Raucous Runner ] [item= Poltergeist Piano ][item= Killer Keyboard ] [item= Writer's Aid ][item= Encouraging Quill ] [item= Rock Paper Scissors ][item= Decision Maker ][item= Leisure Loaf ][item= Danger Decor ][item= Brass Knocker ][item= Guest Greeter ][item= Splendiferous Sunshade ][item= Book Hoard ][item= Book Swarm ][item= Sugar and Spice ][item= Undertide Fidget Toy ][item= Articulated Fidget Toy ][item= Formal Tea Set ][item= Afternoon Tea ][item= Agol ][item= Vile Grin ][item= Autumn Millifae ][item= Spring Millifae ][item= Flutterbun ][item= Radiant Flutterbun ][item= Fairy Octopus ][item= Melon Squirmscoot ][item= Origami Steward ][item= Folded Friend ][item= Flying Brass Key ][item= Flying Iron Key ][/quote] ----------------------------------- [size=7][color=maroon][font=Algerian]CLAIMED[/font][/color][/size] [quote=Longest Nights][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/2456549][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=6&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=28798,28800,28802,28804,28803,28801,28799&xt=dressing.png[/img] [item=Unearthly Onyx Trunk][/url][/quote] [quote=Isolated Icicle] [item=Unhatched Ice Egg][/quote] [quote=New Year, New Me] [Item= Breed Change: Veilspun][item= Scroll of Renaming ] [/quote] [quote=Golly Gee Gaoler] [item= Breed Change: Gaoler ][/quote] [quote=Touch of Jack Frost] [item=Scene: Winter Night][item=Winter Wind][item=Winter Staff] [/quote] [quote=Icewarden's Blessings] [item=Icewarden Ice Sculpture][item= Glitterfreeze Halo ][item= Frostfaerie Wings ][/quote] [quote= Frosted Clawtips] [item= Accent: Melted Free ][item= Scene: Winter ][item= Winter Antlers ][/quote] [quote=Year of the Dragon] [item= Glowing Globe ][item= Accent: Braseira ][item= Ethereal Flame Regalia][item= Prismatic Token ][/quote] [quote=Winter Comforts] [item= Vista: Plush Collection ][item= Conflagrant Halo ][item=Furry Icewarden Puppet][/quote] [quote=Let Them Eat (King) Cake!] [item= Tarnished Doubloon ][item= Skin: Breath of Light ][item= Vial of Scattersight ][item= Whimsical Ensemble ][/quote] [quote=Remembering Years Past][Item=Scene: Remembrance][/quote] [quote= Celebrating the Lunar New Year] [item= Vista: Glowing Globe ][item= The Golden Sage ][/quote] [quote=Woe To Ebenezer Scrooge][item=Whisperer's Cowl][item=Ephemeral Timepiece][item=Black Candle Cascade][/quote] [quote=Superstitious Mishaps] [item= Die of Bargaining ][item= Vista: Broken Mirror ][item= Salt and Pepper ][/quote] [quote=The Nutcracker and the Mouse King] [item=Glowing Pocket Mouse][item=Frigid Crown] [item=Snapper Nutcracker][item=Accent: Scroll of Pells][item=Nutcracker] [item=Living Sculpture][item=Animated Statue][/quote] [quote=Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy][item=Secondary Banescale Gene: Sugarplum] [item=Primary Banescale Gene: Candycane][item=Candy Cockatrice][item=Chocolate Noggle][item=Coneflower Cotton Candy][item=Primary Aether Gene: Candy][/quote] [quote=Warm Traveler][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/2456555][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=6&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20599,20601,20603,20605,20602,20600,20604&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/quote] [quote=noc it out] [item= Ravenous Cauldron ][item= Wicked Smile ][item= Masked Phantom ][item= Four-Eyed Phylactery ][item= Curious Parasol ][item= Spritely Portrait ][/quote] [/center]
pngtree-three-gift-selection-concept-secret-png-image_10741800.png

Prizes

Seasons Greetings wrote:
Vista: Winter
Drops of Light wrote:
Accent: Glow Worm Cave
Sweeping in The New Year wrote:
Vista: Steadfast Sweeper Nocturnal Dust Bewildered Broom Skin: New World
Drop the Crystal Ball! (We have no crystal ball for prizes) wrote:
Vigorous Goblet Tick-Tock Skin: Afterglow Time Devourer Dancing Chalice
Arctic Researcher wrote:
dummy?breed=6&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20564,20565,20566,20567,20568,20569,20570&xt=dressing.png

Noc It Out wrote:
A collection of Night of the Nocturne Familiars

You get a selection of 6 NoTN familiars of your choosing from this pool each prize round.
~*~

Band of Companionship Venom Ring Crystal Curiosity Ponder Orb Dismayed Devilwood Wallowing Willow Eerie Baubles Enchanted Jewelry Entrapping Shackles Treacherous Irons Littlest Snapdragon Snappish Planting Rogue Apparel Cursed Die Snarling Mimic Ectoplasmime Jawlocker Serpentine Lamp Animated Armor Spirit Armor Living Luminance Veiled Vision Crystal Carrier Orbiting Spirit Enchanted Armaments Sorcerous Arms Ball-Jointed Bogsneak Bogsneak Puppet Calculating Candelabra Smoldering Sconce Unlikely Alliance Opposing Forces Axe Mimic Crooked Hatchet Deadly Reflection Magic Mirror Wooden Marionette Painted Marionette Spellbound Tome Ensorcelled Volume Antique Chair Spidered Seat Colubrid Column Serthis Support Curious Kettle Inquisitive Shroud Valorous Cape Poltergeist Pile Transmuted Treasure Dirge Fiddlefiend Ghosthost Viola Tricky Telescope Mischievous Magnifier Pinpush Mirror Doll Scroll Stealer Kyorinrin Blooming Hedgehide Overwatered Seedling Vigilant Spear Apparition Lance Banshee Brooch Cryptic Cameo Swinging Chandelier Pitfall Fixture Furious Faun Seething Stove Bouncy Broiler Battered Vase Glazed Sentry Manticore's Might Catty Cannon Wicker Dragon Tinder Toy Silverstring Harp Veilspun Verse Steadfast Sweeper Magic Carpet Raucous Runner Poltergeist Piano Killer Keyboard Writer's Aid Encouraging Quill Rock Paper Scissors Decision Maker Leisure Loaf Danger Decor Brass Knocker Guest Greeter Splendiferous Sunshade Book Hoard Book Swarm Sugar and Spice Undertide Fidget Toy Articulated Fidget Toy Formal Tea Set Afternoon Tea Agol Vile Grin Autumn Millifae Spring Millifae Flutterbun Radiant Flutterbun Fairy Octopus Melon Squirmscoot Origami Steward Folded Friend Flying Brass Key Flying Iron Key

CLAIMED

Longest Nights wrote:
dummy?breed=6&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=28798,28800,28802,28804,28803,28801,28799&xt=dressing.png
Unearthly Onyx Trunk
Isolated Icicle wrote:
Unhatched Ice Egg
New Year, New Me wrote:
Breed Change: Veilspun Scroll of Renaming
Golly Gee Gaoler wrote:
Breed Change: Gaoler

Touch of Jack Frost wrote:
Scene: Winter Night Winter Wind Winter Staff
Icewarden's Blessings wrote:
Icewarden Ice Sculpture Glitterfreeze Halo Frostfaerie Wings
Frosted Clawtips wrote:
Accent: Melted Free Scene: Winter Winter Antlers

Year of the Dragon wrote:
Glowing Globe Accent: Braseira Ethereal Flame Regalia Prismatic Token

Winter Comforts wrote:
Vista: Plush Collection Conflagrant Halo Furry Icewarden Puppet
Let Them Eat (King) Cake! wrote:
Tarnished Doubloon Skin: Breath of Light Vial of Scattersight Whimsical Ensemble
Remembering Years Past wrote:
Scene: Remembrance
Celebrating the Lunar New Year wrote:
Vista: Glowing Globe The Golden Sage
Woe To Ebenezer Scrooge wrote:
Whisperer's Cowl Ephemeral Timepiece Black Candle Cascade
Superstitious Mishaps wrote:
Die of Bargaining Vista: Broken Mirror Salt and Pepper
The Nutcracker and the Mouse King wrote:
Glowing Pocket Mouse Frigid Crown
Snapper Nutcracker Accent: Scroll of Pells Nutcracker
Living Sculpture Animated Statue

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy wrote:
Secondary Banescale Gene: Sugarplum
Primary Banescale Gene: Candycane Candy Cockatrice Chocolate Noggle Coneflower Cotton Candy Primary Aether Gene: Candy

Warm Traveler wrote:
dummy?breed=6&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20599,20601,20603,20605,20602,20600,20604&xt=dressing.png

noc it out wrote:
Ravenous Cauldron Wicked Smile Masked Phantom Four-Eyed Phylactery Curious Parasol Spritely Portrait
[img]https://www.pngall.com/wp-content/uploads/5/New-Year-Chinese-Lantern-PNG-Clipart.png[/img] [center][size=7][color=Red][font=Algerian]Credits[/font][/color][/size][/center] A million thanks to @Deviation for assisting in getting this all together. I wouldn't have been able to get it up and running without them. They also provided the lore bits to this hunt, all writing for Hawthorne is theirs and it really is a cornerstone in making this Hunt feel as festive and exciting as it is tbh. Thank you to @KitKitKat for their work on the badges, they did tremendously and took the vague prompts I gave them and made truly amazing pieces of art. And @finniigan who created not only the beautiful banner up top on this thread but also the dragon Hawthorne, who is now very near and dear to my heart haha. Thank you to @AzureDiamond51 for allowing me to use their nametag from a previous hunt as an example piece for this hunt. Other images in this thread not previously mentioned are public use clipart.
New-Year-Chinese-Lantern-PNG-Clipart.png
Credits

A million thanks to @Deviation for assisting in getting this all together. I wouldn't have been able to get it up and running without them. They also provided the lore bits to this hunt, all writing for Hawthorne is theirs and it really is a cornerstone in making this Hunt feel as festive and exciting as it is tbh.

Thank you to @KitKitKat for their work on the badges, they did tremendously and took the vague prompts I gave them and made truly amazing pieces of art.

And @finniigan who created not only the beautiful banner up top on this thread but also the dragon Hawthorne, who is now very near and dear to my heart haha.

Thank you to @AzureDiamond51 for allowing me to use their nametag from a previous hunt as an example piece for this hunt.

Other images in this thread not previously mentioned are public use clipart.
[center][size=7][color=Red][font=Algerian]Highlights[/font][/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/favwXYV.png[/img] I'm a sucker for nocs and I loooove this color scheme [img]https://i.imgur.com/bG7bjGy.png[/img] I did NOT expect an actual disco ball omg [img]https://i.imgur.com/JkAZTcz.png[/img] Oh i loooove this ;o; [img]https://i.imgur.com/L7Gs1fp.png[/img] *beautiful* succulent omg [img]https://i.imgur.com/OxkfItn.png[/img] INKSPELL I HAD to highlight this one specifically for the inkspell rep [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ps1IbeM.png[/img] I love seeing currency from different countries!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/8JnMDmK.png[/img] The box. It shines. It has lights. I love it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/tvxlVv1.png[/img] I love that this portrait shows up in these hunts so often <3 Your pups bring me joy Azure! [img]https://i.imgur.com/7lEFGdx.png[/img] Clever and unique entry!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/2nQ11wl.png[/img] Iconic. We absolutely needed his inclusion. [img]https://i.imgur.com/6gjTjMx.png[/img] I actually snorted, I love this profile. [img]https://i.imgur.com/vAl9GEp.png[/img] NICE. I love that you have an actual mimic. [img]https://i.imgur.com/M1qoStL.png[/img] My mom loves bigfoot and I need to know where you got this cookie cutter because I absolutely need one to gift her rfnvgknvj [img]https://i.imgur.com/L3rXE2c.png[/img] Clever way to get multiple entries!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/okuVsd1.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7ae8ef10e39d893df3f2f6f123bb0ded.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZmK0NF0.jpeg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/0pgQsU0.jpg[/img] I loooove seeing the way y'all get creative with these nametags. Just wanted to give a shoutout to these 3 in particular ahhhh [img]https://i.imgur.com/fmu5oTu.png[/img] I actually wheezed when I saw this one. [img]https://i.imgur.com/tQC0Dbx.png[/img] Had to appreciate the art! [img]https://i.imgur.com/lqd5AdN.png[/img] These are so pretty!!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/Io2ug0K.jpg[/img] looks like a giant honeycomb haha [img]https://i.imgur.com/pzFNI1e.png[/img] congrats!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/oFtHg6f.png[/img] I actually had something like this in my house growing up, the coins add up! It might not be the big bucks but it is a really neat and nifty way to save up money without needing to put too much effort in c: [img]https://i.imgur.com/mrmW7bx.png[/img] I got so excited to see an ocarina! I have one like this, just different colors and designs. They're so cute and fun to carry around. [img]https://i.imgur.com/MA9cHXq.png[/img] speaking of cute QWQ LASTLY, other dragons I had to highlight:: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77690263][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/776903/77690263_350.png[/img][/url] AUGH the blossoms and coloring and AUGH she's so pretty [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90577673][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/905777/90577673_350.png[/img][/url] and I feel she's a really great example of the wish gene working! Great fod save! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64853406][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/648535/64853406_350.png[/img][/url] I LOVE this look! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69984309][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/699844/69984309_350.png[/img][/url] BABY [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90707746][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/907078/90707746_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86799461][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/867995/86799461_350.png[/img][/url] I am a SUCKER for Abbys and these ones in particular, that Kumo especially *chefs kiss* [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/16824572][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/168246/16824572_350.png[/img][/url] and I love the shout out to galopas old oaks / oldie dragons! The ones you showcased are great, looks like the one above found a home <3 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2725086/][img]https://i.ibb.co/58m3swm/old-oaks-2.png[/img][/url] popping the link in here in case anyone wants to gander any other oldie dragons in Galopas [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71800424][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/718005/71800424_350.png[/img][/url] And lastly !!Sporting the themed apparel, we love to see it! [/center]
Highlights

favwXYV.png
I'm a sucker for nocs and I loooove this color scheme

bG7bjGy.png
I did NOT expect an actual disco ball omg

JkAZTcz.png
Oh i loooove this ;o;

L7Gs1fp.png

*beautiful* succulent omg

OxkfItn.png
INKSPELL
I HAD to highlight this one specifically for the inkspell rep

Ps1IbeM.png
I love seeing currency from different countries!!

8JnMDmK.png

The box. It shines. It has lights. I love it.

tvxlVv1.png

I love that this portrait shows up in these hunts so often <3 Your pups bring me joy Azure!

7lEFGdx.png

Clever and unique entry!!

2nQ11wl.png

Iconic. We absolutely needed his inclusion.

6gjTjMx.png

I actually snorted, I love this profile.

vAl9GEp.png

NICE. I love that you have an actual mimic.

M1qoStL.png
My mom loves bigfoot and I need to know where you got this cookie cutter because I absolutely need one to gift her rfnvgknvj

L3rXE2c.png

Clever way to get multiple entries!!

okuVsd1.png
7ae8ef10e39d893df3f2f6f123bb0ded.jpg
ZmK0NF0.jpeg
0pgQsU0.jpg

I loooove seeing the way y'all get creative with these nametags. Just wanted to give a shoutout to these 3 in particular ahhhh

fmu5oTu.png
I actually wheezed when I saw this one.

tQC0Dbx.png
Had to appreciate the art!

lqd5AdN.png

These are so pretty!!!

Io2ug0K.jpg
looks like a giant honeycomb haha

pzFNI1e.png
congrats!!

oFtHg6f.png
I actually had something like this in my house growing up, the coins add up! It might not be the big bucks but it is a really neat and nifty way to save up money without needing to put too much effort in c:

mrmW7bx.png
I got so excited to see an ocarina! I have one like this, just different colors and designs. They're so cute and fun to carry around.

MA9cHXq.png
speaking of cute QWQ

LASTLY, other dragons I had to highlight::

77690263_350.png

AUGH the blossoms and coloring and AUGH she's so pretty

90577673_350.png
and I feel she's a really great example of the wish gene working! Great fod save!

64853406_350.png
I LOVE this look!

69984309_350.png
BABY

90707746_350.png86799461_350.png

I am a SUCKER for Abbys and these ones in particular, that Kumo especially *chefs kiss*

16824572_350.png

and I love the shout out to galopas old oaks / oldie dragons!

The ones you showcased are great, looks like the one above found a home <3

old-oaks-2.png

popping the link in here in case anyone wants to gander any other oldie dragons in Galopas

71800424_350.png
And lastly !!Sporting the themed apparel, we love to see it!
{Reserved}
{Reserved}
{Reserved}
{Reserved}
{Reserved}
{Reserved}
1 2 3 4 5 6