Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [STARFALL] X Marks the Spot (ended)
1 2 3 4 5
X Marks the Spot
Welcome, seekers of fortune! You’ve come to join the hunt for Arcane treasure in the Starfall Isles? Good … but be warned! You’ll need a pirate’s wit and cunning to follow the trail from Lair to Lair. The path will lead you to both scallywags and sorcerers, each one in possession of a map piece (badge) and the next clue. Find your way to the end, collect the whole map, and discover what lies buried where X marks the spot!
An azure-bodied male fae dragon with a map tattooed onto his leathery wings. He is wearing a red bandana, kerchief and steampunk vest, a pair of Corsair's Seaspray Boots and leather steampunk gloves. A cutlass hangs at his side and a red bird perches on his scarred shoulder. Another scar crosses one of his dark blue eyes.

Find clues to test your mind
To mage and marauder your trail will wind
Soon now the map you’ll find
And then the X you’ll seize!

Instructions
  1. Send a donation of 20,000 treasure / 20 gems to Lundlaeva or chamilet or Winter0sun (links here will open a message). All proceeds will go to Arcane’s Dominance Bank.
  2. Solve the first clue using Dragon Search.
  3. Visit the dragon you think the clue points towards. If correct, the dragon will have a map piece (your badge) and the next clue in their bio — most should be at the top, but you may need to scroll.

Optional extra: leave a star/like, if you wish!
  4. Carry on solving clues and visiting dragons until you find the treasure and have a full set of 21 badges!
This event runs from 17 September to 22 September.

Divider
  • Clues may refer to any of the following:
    Name
    Element
    Eye type
    Breed
    Breed type (Ancient or Modern)
    Genes
    Colours
    Colour pattern (e.g. XXY)
  • Some clues may refer to apparel (in general or particular items). These clues indicate that the dragon is Modern (and can wear apparel). You should be able to solve every clue without needing to recognise specific apparel pieces!
  • All dragons involved have been fed at the start of the week (at least)
  • All dragons involved are in Arcane clans. The players whose dragons are taking part are listed in the Thanks section, so check there first if you’re struggling: it should narrow your search down.
  • If you get completely stuck, post in the thread and ping the event runners (@Lundlaeva @chamilet @Winter0sun) with the clue number you are stuck on. We will get back to you ASAP with a hint!
  • Please avoid posting any ‘spoilers’ for the route in the thread!
Divider
Example Clue:

Here's an example clue leading to a dragon who is not part of the hunt, and breakdown of how it works:

She’s named for an oyster’s treasured hoard
Within her a hidden sky is stored
Three colours unmatched still reach an accord ___
Now search the Starfall Seas!
= Name: Pearl + Female
= Sky Basic Tertiary
= XYZ Colour Pattern
= Quick link to Dragon Search

Dragon Search using the information from this clue - you should be able to spot the right dragon straight away as she belongs to me (Lundlaeva)!

Remember, you can use the list of Arcanites who have volunteered their dragons in exactly the same way, to look for dragons owned by those users in your search results. This should help you to quickly find the right dragons each time.
Divider
X Marks the Spot
Welcome, seekers of fortune! You’ve come to join the hunt for Arcane treasure in the Starfall Isles? Good … but be warned! You’ll need a pirate’s wit and cunning to follow the trail from Lair to Lair. The path will lead you to both scallywags and sorcerers, each one in possession of a map piece (badge) and the next clue. Find your way to the end, collect the whole map, and discover what lies buried where X marks the spot!
An azure-bodied male fae dragon with a map tattooed onto his leathery wings. He is wearing a red bandana, kerchief and steampunk vest, a pair of Corsair's Seaspray Boots and leather steampunk gloves. A cutlass hangs at his side and a red bird perches on his scarred shoulder. Another scar crosses one of his dark blue eyes.

Find clues to test your mind
To mage and marauder your trail will wind
Soon now the map you’ll find
And then the X you’ll seize!

Instructions
  1. Send a donation of 20,000 treasure / 20 gems to Lundlaeva or chamilet or Winter0sun (links here will open a message). All proceeds will go to Arcane’s Dominance Bank.
  2. Solve the first clue using Dragon Search.
  3. Visit the dragon you think the clue points towards. If correct, the dragon will have a map piece (your badge) and the next clue in their bio — most should be at the top, but you may need to scroll.

Optional extra: leave a star/like, if you wish!
  4. Carry on solving clues and visiting dragons until you find the treasure and have a full set of 21 badges!
This event runs from 17 September to 22 September.

Divider
  • Clues may refer to any of the following:
    Name
    Element
    Eye type
    Breed
    Breed type (Ancient or Modern)
    Genes
    Colours
    Colour pattern (e.g. XXY)
  • Some clues may refer to apparel (in general or particular items). These clues indicate that the dragon is Modern (and can wear apparel). You should be able to solve every clue without needing to recognise specific apparel pieces!
  • All dragons involved have been fed at the start of the week (at least)
  • All dragons involved are in Arcane clans. The players whose dragons are taking part are listed in the Thanks section, so check there first if you’re struggling: it should narrow your search down.
  • If you get completely stuck, post in the thread and ping the event runners (@Lundlaeva @chamilet @Winter0sun) with the clue number you are stuck on. We will get back to you ASAP with a hint!
  • Please avoid posting any ‘spoilers’ for the route in the thread!
Divider
Example Clue:

Here's an example clue leading to a dragon who is not part of the hunt, and breakdown of how it works:

She’s named for an oyster’s treasured hoard
Within her a hidden sky is stored
Three colours unmatched still reach an accord ___
= Name: Pearl + Female
= Sky Basic Tertiary
= XYZ Colour Pattern
= Quick link to Dragon Search

Dragon Search using the information from this clue - you should be able to spot the right dragon straight away as she belongs to me (Lundlaeva)!

Remember, you can use the list of Arcanites who have volunteered their dragons in exactly the same way, to look for dragons owned by those users in your search results. This should help you to quickly find the right dragons each time.
Divider
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][b][size=5]If you’re ready to begin, come closer …[/size][/b][/center] [columns][size=4][i]The pirate spreads one wing, revealing a section of his tattooed map that depicts the Starfall Isles. A clue has been written between the inked lines in body-paint …[/i][/size] [nextcol][img alt="Narrow coliseum banner image of the same pirate fae who was pictured earlier in the thread, featuring his tattooed map wings"]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/3828/382756.png[/img][/columns] [br] [quote=X Marks the Spot][size=4][b]Clue 1:[/b] His colours match the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/11]Arcanist[/url] Apparel he just can’t resist This Nocturne surely can’t be missed [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/search/dragons]Now search the Starfall Seas![/url] [/size][/quote] [center][img alt="Divider"]https://imgur.com/h6zJRyV.png[/img][/center]
If you’re ready to begin, come closer …
The pirate spreads one wing, revealing a section of his tattooed map that depicts the Starfall Isles. A clue has been written between the inked lines in body-paint … Narrow coliseum banner image of the same pirate fae who was pictured earlier in the thread, featuring his tattooed map wings

X Marks the Spot wrote:
Clue 1:

His colours match the Arcanist
Apparel he just can’t resist
This Nocturne surely can’t be missed

Divider
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Thanks
Thank you so much to everyone who helped make this event possible:

@Enekokoro & @UtiBooty for the gorgeous map and final badge, and @Winter0Sun for animating the sparkles!

@brighteningskies for the beautiful thread graphics & @Enekokoro for the divider

@chamilet and Winter0Sun for helping to run the thread

All of the Arcanites who volunteered dragons to hold ‘map pieces’:
@BlindEcho
@brighteningskies
@CatOnAQuest
@Chamilet
@CupcakeNova
@Enekokoro
@Fantastea x2

& last but not least: Arcane’s Dom Team!
Thanks
Thank you so much to everyone who helped make this event possible:

@Enekokoro & @UtiBooty for the gorgeous map and final badge, and @Winter0Sun for animating the sparkles!

@brighteningskies for the beautiful thread graphics & @Enekokoro for the divider

@chamilet and Winter0Sun for helping to run the thread

All of the Arcanites who volunteered dragons to hold ‘map pieces’:
@BlindEcho
@brighteningskies
@CatOnAQuest
@Chamilet
@CupcakeNova
@Enekokoro
@Fantastea x2

& last but not least: Arcane’s Dom Team!
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
All of the clues, the dragons they lead to, and the badges will be revealed at the end of the event. If you are taking part and get completely stuck - don't worry! You will get the full set of badges in the end.

All players will be pinged automatically for the big reveal.

The solution has now been posted!
Divider
All of the clues, the dragons they lead to, and the badges will be revealed at the end of the event. If you are taking part and get completely stuck - don't worry! You will get the full set of badges in the end.

All players will be pinged automatically for the big reveal.

The solution has now been posted!
Divider
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
That was so much fun, thank you for all the effort that went into setting this up!! [img]https://imgur.com/Vk0Kbgx.png[/img]
That was so much fun, thank you for all the effort that went into setting this up!!

Vk0Kbgx.png
fire_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciqc5c.gif
fensandmarshes
fens & they/ask & 18 & plural
en only exalt lair pms ok!
__ 5hF3FGk.png
nWiQNX9.png
9R2Unq1.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
__ square1.png
comms
Just finished my run of the scavenger hunt! Thank y'all so much for hosting this.
Just finished my run of the scavenger hunt! Thank y'all so much for hosting this.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
Finished the hunt! I enjoyed assembling the map too. Thanks for hosting this! :D
Finished the hunt! I enjoyed assembling the map too. Thanks for hosting this! :D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Aaaand done! Lovely little game, some of those clues took me a bit! Thanks for the fun (and for showing all those lovely dragons) :D
Aaaand done! Lovely little game, some of those clues took me a bit! Thanks for the fun (and for showing all those lovely dragons) :D
jYhzVxQ.png0aPAbek.pnguFVP0Nt.png8wpM4Lo.png
I'm joining in!
I'm joining in!
HPhOvJY.png
re1Ttzd.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
mAiCJNJ.png
lva-L.pnglva-3.pnglva-9.pnglva-4.pnglva-2.pnglva-7.pnglva-10.pnglva-1.pnglva-6.pnglva-8.pnglva-5.pnglva-R.png
qzYSQQU.png
Finished the clues. Some made my brain crunch a little more but it wasn't too hard luckily. I hope everyone has a lot of fun with this scavenger hunt I know I did. (Lundlaeva made sure the volunteers didn't know the other clues, so we could enjoy it to)
Finished the clues. Some made my brain crunch a little more but it wasn't too hard luckily. I hope everyone has a lot of fun with this scavenger hunt I know I did. (Lundlaeva made sure the volunteers didn't know the other clues, so we could enjoy it to)
HPhOvJY.png
re1Ttzd.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
mAiCJNJ.png
lva-L.pnglva-3.pnglva-9.pnglva-4.pnglva-2.pnglva-7.pnglva-10.pnglva-1.pnglva-6.pnglva-8.pnglva-5.pnglva-R.png
qzYSQQU.png
1 2 3 4 5