Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Wanderers' Way - a pinkerlocke attempt
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Seven: Sight Games[/u][/b] [item=Dragonhorn Coral] [i]Writing[/i] Ryuu, Respect and Niranye are playing a simple observational memory game. Ryuu started it as something to do when he was young and bored and kind of missing out on being one of the Sighted. He's come to terms with not beig Sighted for now, but the game is still an interesting one, and Respect's grasp of it is pretty solid, although no more perfect than Ryuu's. Which cheers the pearlcatcher up just a little. Niranye is naturally observant, though, and trounces both as winner in a game where Ryuu says there [i]are[/i] no winners. She's still very capable, regardless of how the goal posts might get changed.[/center]
Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Seven: Sight Games

Dragonhorn Coral
Writing

Ryuu, Respect and Niranye are playing a simple observational memory game. Ryuu started it as something to do when he was young and bored and kind of missing out on being one of the Sighted. He's come to terms with not beig Sighted for now, but the game is still an interesting one, and Respect's grasp of it is pretty solid, although no more perfect than Ryuu's. Which cheers the pearlcatcher up just a little. Niranye is naturally observant, though, and trounces both as winner in a game where Ryuu says there are no winners. She's still very capable, regardless of how the goal posts might get changed.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Eight: Exploration Games[/u][/b] [item=Toridae Mythology] [i]Art Work[/i] [pending][/center]
Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Eight: Exploration Games

Toridae Mythology
Art Work

[pending]
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Nine: Small Things[/u][/b] [item=Dusk Rogue Bracers] [i]Breed Two Dragons[/i] It's been a little while since there were eggs in the hollow, but now four of them rest there, being lulled by the twin harmonies of Murus' two heads. There is some speculation as to whether or not any of these hatchlings will have Sight or not, given they do come from the line, but mostly life continues, calm and relatively quiet. For the most part.[/center]
Day Two Hundred and Twenty-Nine: Small Things

Dusk Rogue Bracers
Breed Two Dragons

It's been a little while since there were eggs in the hollow, but now four of them rest there, being lulled by the twin harmonies of Murus' two heads. There is some speculation as to whether or not any of these hatchlings will have Sight or not, given they do come from the line, but mostly life continues, calm and relatively quiet. For the most part.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Thirty: Lethargy and Day Two Hundred and Thirty-One: Return to Action[/u][/b] [item=Painted Turtle Shell][item=Plague Bat] [i]Writing // 40-50 matches[/i] There's a certain amount of lethargy in the Clan at the moment, and the Wanderers are in no way immune. Even Orin and Cello, so often the life of a party, and sweet Arapeta who so often feeds them all have felt it. Perhaps it's the loss of LAtham, although that would hardly upset the [i]entire[/i] clan. Or perhaps it's just an odd time of year. Tardona is already making notes to compare to next year, if she can. It might be seasonal. Who knows? [u]Ripplestream's Journal[/u] Not much to report today. We fought for some time in the Ruins, but Ruffy's given us no hint as to what might be next. She says the Ruins are too foisty for anything else to be scented at the moment. Perhaps we'll learn more as we continue further in. [u]Notable Items[/u] [item=Otherworldly Aura][item=Clobber][item=Hydro Bolt] *Iayu is now level 23*[/center]
Day Two Hundred and Thirty: Lethargy and Day Two Hundred and Thirty-One: Return to Action

Painted Turtle Shell Plague Bat
Writing // 40-50 matches

There's a certain amount of lethargy in the Clan at the moment, and the Wanderers are in no way immune. Even Orin and Cello, so often the life of a party, and sweet Arapeta who so often feeds them all have felt it. Perhaps it's the loss of LAtham, although that would hardly upset the entire clan. Or perhaps it's just an odd time of year. Tardona is already making notes to compare to next year, if she can. It might be seasonal. Who knows?

Ripplestream's Journal
Not much to report today. We fought for some time in the Ruins, but Ruffy's given us no hint as to what might be next. She says the Ruins are too foisty for anything else to be scented at the moment. Perhaps we'll learn more as we continue further in.

Notable Items

Otherworldly Aura Clobber Hydro Bolt

*Iayu is now level 23*
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Two: Spooky Stories[/u][/b] [item=Iguanaskin Cloth] [i]Writing[/i] Iayu delights in telling the younger dragons spooky tales based on recent explorations. Strient will roll her eyes and tell him not to scare the younger dragons, but she's tking notes as well, just in case she ever has to go out there. And because it adds to the information on the map, which is kind of her pet project. She finally puts her foot down as Iayu is about to launch into a tale about a huge rotting skeletal creature; Ruffy has told her this creature exists, but she doesn't need to deal with any younger dragon nightmares about it tonight.[/center]
Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Two: Spooky Stories

Iguanaskin Cloth
Writing

Iayu delights in telling the younger dragons spooky tales based on recent explorations. Strient will roll her eyes and tell him not to scare the younger dragons, but she's tking notes as well, just in case she ever has to go out there. And because it adds to the information on the map, which is kind of her pet project. She finally puts her foot down as Iayu is about to launch into a tale about a huge rotting skeletal creature; Ruffy has told her this creature exists, but she doesn't need to deal with any younger dragon nightmares about it tonight.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Three: Harsh Realities[/u][/b] [item=Raspberry] [i]10-20 matches[/i] [u]Strient's Journal[/u] The Sighted cannot always see the bad days. Soraka, Artus and Reeves left to further study the Scorched Paths, but Artus and Reeves soon returned with Soraka's lifeless form. It was only supposed to be a short trip, they all agreed to it before they left, but they hadn't expected it to be [i]this[/i] short. I have added my name to that of the exploration team to further investigate the area; Ruffy wanted to lay waste to the area entirely, but Ruiseart managed to mollify here just a little. We've resorted once more to frequents rests between battles, which I know Artus hates. But it works for us, after a fashion. The Scorched Tunnels are a tougher terrain than might be expected after the relative simplicity of the fields and woodland preceding them, although in truth I think more Wanderers have been sent to the Tidelord from the woodland than from the Scorched paths. Let's hope that neither trend continues. *Strient is now level 8*[/center]
Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Three: Harsh Realities

Raspberry
10-20 matches

Strient's Journal
The Sighted cannot always see the bad days. Soraka, Artus and Reeves left to further study the Scorched Paths, but Artus and Reeves soon returned with Soraka's lifeless form. It was only supposed to be a short trip, they all agreed to it before they left, but they hadn't expected it to be this short. I have added my name to that of the exploration team to further investigate the area; Ruffy wanted to lay waste to the area entirely, but Ruiseart managed to mollify here just a little. We've resorted once more to frequents rests between battles, which I know Artus hates. But it works for us, after a fashion. The Scorched Tunnels are a tougher terrain than might be expected after the relative simplicity of the fields and woodland preceding them, although in truth I think more Wanderers have been sent to the Tidelord from the woodland than from the Scorched paths. Let's hope that neither trend continues.

*Strient is now level 8*
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Four: Sights for Young Eyes[/u][/b] [item=Corroded Iron Nugget] [i]Writing[/i] Three alert hatchlings tumble around the cavern, while one little one is solemnly sent off to the Tidelord, the name Belie written on a pebble with a stylised picture of a small Tundra dragon and added to the Remembrance Hollow. It's soon clear that the three sisters - Raine, Rosita and Eallair - are Sighted, given that they're Ripplestream's great-granddaughters. Ripplestream murmurs something about feeling old, but is soon teaching the girls basic games to help them strengthen their innate skills. Who knows what they might see in the days to come?[/center]
Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Four: Sights for Young Eyes

Corroded Iron Nugget
Writing

Three alert hatchlings tumble around the cavern, while one little one is solemnly sent off to the Tidelord, the name Belie written on a pebble with a stylised picture of a small Tundra dragon and added to the Remembrance Hollow.

It's soon clear that the three sisters - Raine, Rosita and Eallair - are Sighted, given that they're Ripplestream's great-granddaughters. Ripplestream murmurs something about feeling old, but is soon teaching the girls basic games to help them strengthen their innate skills. Who knows what they might see in the days to come?
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Five: Soaring on the Wind[/u][/b] [item=Sorceress' Loopbelt] [i]Art Work[/i] [pending][/center]
Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Five: Soaring on the Wind

Sorceress' Loopbelt
Art Work

[pending]
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Six: Ancestry and Acknowledgement[/u][/b] [item=Skipping Stone] [i]Writing[/i] Strient has been studying under Envoy Quell for a couple of days. It's Mistral Jamboree, and as a Windborn dragon she wanted to know more about her origins and the festival itself. Returning to the Cavern she's happy to educate those of her friends and family who wish to learn. Even though the majority of them are Waterborn, some of them are still Wind-blooded. After a fashion. The lessons are clear and succinct, and the Wanderers return to a state of restfulness. There's plenty of time for properly celebrating later, right?[/center]
Day Two Hundred and Thirty-Six: Ancestry and Acknowledgement

Skipping Stone
Writing

Strient has been studying under Envoy Quell for a couple of days. It's Mistral Jamboree, and as a Windborn dragon she wanted to know more about her origins and the festival itself. Returning to the Cavern she's happy to educate those of her friends and family who wish to learn. Even though the majority of them are Waterborn, some of them are still Wind-blooded. After a fashion. The lessons are clear and succinct, and the Wanderers return to a state of restfulness. There's plenty of time for properly celebrating later, right?
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Three Hundred and Thirty-Seven: Branches Within Branches[/u][/b] [item=Painted Clay Pot] [i]Writing[/i] Mared, Perneth and Icarus have drawn chid care duty for the day, and are watching over the triplets with as much care as possible. Icarus is happy to play with the girls -they're his daughters. Perneth's nieces. Mared's... cousins? Possibly? Of some sort. "The girls are Sighted," Mared tells Icarus, which he already knew. "It's a bloodline thing." "But not for everyone in the line," Perneth adds, with a shrug, as Raine and Rosita rough and tumble together beside a slightly more prim and proper Eallair. "But even if Mared or I has hatchlings, there's a chance they'll be Sighted even though we're not." "And we don't know how far down the tree this might go?" Icarus asks, somewhere between concerned and amused. "Four generations so far. Maybe more. We don't know anything about Ripplestream's parents," Perneth says, with a shrug. "Except that if they were Sighted they didn't try tracking him down too hard." "Their loss," Mared says with a shrug to match her cousins. Without Ripplestream, they wouldn't be here to grouse about it.[/center]
Day Three Hundred and Thirty-Seven: Branches Within Branches

Painted Clay Pot
Writing

Mared, Perneth and Icarus have drawn chid care duty for the day, and are watching over the triplets with as much care as possible. Icarus is happy to play with the girls -they're his daughters. Perneth's nieces. Mared's... cousins? Possibly? Of some sort.

"The girls are Sighted," Mared tells Icarus, which he already knew. "It's a bloodline thing."

"But not for everyone in the line," Perneth adds, with a shrug, as Raine and Rosita rough and tumble together beside a slightly more prim and proper Eallair. "But even if Mared or I has hatchlings, there's a chance they'll be Sighted even though we're not."

"And we don't know how far down the tree this might go?" Icarus asks, somewhere between concerned and amused.

"Four generations so far. Maybe more. We don't know anything about Ripplestream's parents," Perneth says, with a shrug. "Except that if they were Sighted they didn't try tracking him down too hard."

"Their loss," Mared says with a shrug to match her cousins. Without Ripplestream, they wouldn't be here to grouse about it.
iiaMf9J.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26