Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Necrolocke
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 32 33
[quote name="3idolon" date="2024-05-11 15:53:22" ] If anyone else would like to share their choices in stating dragons I'd be interested to hear. [/quote] @3idolon Let's see... I've tried one defense-oriented derg, who failed miserably and immediately. Tried one Anticipate build, immediately replaced with Scratch. All my dergs have had a reasonable stat distribution between STR and QCK, with usually a couple points dropped into VIT and sometimes AGI. I have two Trial Two goers who aren't Exalted, if you'd like to check 'em in detail: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94638526]Bishek[/url] (ghoul after 10 days) and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94212828]Caenor[/url] (lich-in-progress, also lasted 10 days in Trial Two). I've found QCK to be absolutely critical to my hopes of survival after the Training Fields; not dropping enough points into it has ended any run too early. (Those freaking fawns...) Update: My would-have-been lich did not get a Plague drop in time, so he's Shade-food. Got to level 7 and did not survive even the first round in the Scorched Forest most of the time. I think if I use an Unusual-eyed dragon for the +Ward +Bolster guardians, I might be able to last long enough consecutively to have enough battles in 23 days (as a lich) to get a Plague drop before the Shade eats me. When my turned-into-a-ghoul girl was making the run with Unusual defenders, Defending for the first round or two until they could cast Ward and Bolster on her seemed to work pretty well. So that'll be my next attempt... an Unusual lich.
3idolon wrote on 2024-05-11 15:53:22:
If anyone else would like to share their choices in stating dragons I'd be interested to hear.

@3idolon

Let's see... I've tried one defense-oriented derg, who failed miserably and immediately. Tried one Anticipate build, immediately replaced with Scratch. All my dergs have had a reasonable stat distribution between STR and QCK, with usually a couple points dropped into VIT and sometimes AGI.

I have two Trial Two goers who aren't Exalted, if you'd like to check 'em in detail: Bishek (ghoul after 10 days) and Caenor (lich-in-progress, also lasted 10 days in Trial Two).

I've found QCK to be absolutely critical to my hopes of survival after the Training Fields; not dropping enough points into it has ended any run too early. (Those freaking fawns...)

Update: My would-have-been lich did not get a Plague drop in time, so he's Shade-food. Got to level 7 and did not survive even the first round in the Scorched Forest most of the time.

I think if I use an Unusual-eyed dragon for the +Ward +Bolster guardians, I might be able to last long enough consecutively to have enough battles in 23 days (as a lich) to get a Plague drop before the Shade eats me. When my turned-into-a-ghoul girl was making the run with Unusual defenders, Defending for the first round or two until they could cast Ward and Bolster on her seemed to work pretty well. So that'll be my next attempt... an Unusual lich.
mlHpBMC.png
MUYNhfy.png
eswSnrS.png
9hqcHsy.png
v2PJF9u.png
bYt72YT.png
jt3PpxV.png demi.png 3YxKysb.png
@serpentscribe Awww thanks so much!! Honestly I didn't realize anyone was really reading lol, and... me too. Mask's tried so hard. And I really miss Alstik, man.

Ahh, and that's a good idea... @3idolon if you'd like to see mine, they're in this hibden. Most of the Mirrors are Trial dragons, as are Marble and Letharus. Mouse, Rat, Scour, Opeth, Deadwood, Plaguerune etc. A couple, like Xodin and I think Savage, were faith/determination guys. They were further levelled to 8 for eventual Exaltation since, but the stats should be where I left 'em.

(Fun fact, on my successful run I put my battlestone on the wrong dragon :|)
@serpentscribe Awww thanks so much!! Honestly I didn't realize anyone was really reading lol, and... me too. Mask's tried so hard. And I really miss Alstik, man.

Ahh, and that's a good idea... @3idolon if you'd like to see mine, they're in this hibden. Most of the Mirrors are Trial dragons, as are Marble and Letharus. Mouse, Rat, Scour, Opeth, Deadwood, Plaguerune etc. A couple, like Xodin and I think Savage, were faith/determination guys. They were further levelled to 8 for eventual Exaltation since, but the stats should be where I left 'em.

(Fun fact, on my successful run I put my battlestone on the wrong dragon :|)
rBQQ8b2.png
@Dreadwing I maaay have read the whole thing from start up to a few days ago in one sitting. It's good stuff! Grisly stuff, but good!
@Dreadwing I maaay have read the whole thing from start up to a few days ago in one sitting. It's good stuff! Grisly stuff, but good!
mlHpBMC.png
MUYNhfy.png
eswSnrS.png
9hqcHsy.png
v2PJF9u.png
bYt72YT.png
jt3PpxV.png demi.png 3YxKysb.png
@Dreadwing @serpentscribe I might try and dig into it later. In the meantime feel free with experimenting with the Faith/Determination dragon stats to see if that makes a difference. In terms of balance there should still be a risk of failing on the first round.
@Dreadwing @serpentscribe I might try and dig into it later. In the meantime feel free with experimenting with the Faith/Determination dragon stats to see if that makes a difference. In terms of balance there should still be a risk of failing on the first round.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
I'm taking a break from it for awhile myself now that I have a Winner™, but if I get back into it I'll do so & let you know!

And I'm absolutely flattered to hear it, serpentscribe :D
I'm taking a break from it for awhile myself now that I have a Winner™, but if I get back into it I'll do so & let you know!

And I'm absolutely flattered to hear it, serpentscribe :D
rBQQ8b2.png
i am so thrilled that my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3261027/6#post_56784310]latest necrolocke[/url] has resulted in a vERY GOOD BOY Against common sense, I got super attached to this dude and each time I played his Necrolocke I was on the edge of my seat. Thankfully, Mother saw fit to show him mercy, and while he failed his Trial of Contagion, the fact that he came out alive has me over the moon. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94274196][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/942742/94274196_350.png[/img][/url] [i]"Alright, let's do this one last time. My name's Parker, and for the past year I have been the Scarred Wasteland's one and only Plaguespider..."[/i][/center] [s]"ck will you ever stop doing mcu gimmick necros???" no[/s]
i am so thrilled that my latest necrolocke has resulted in a vERY GOOD BOY

Against common sense, I got super attached to this dude and each time I played his Necrolocke I was on the edge of my seat. Thankfully, Mother saw fit to show him mercy, and while he failed his Trial of Contagion, the fact that he came out alive has me over the moon.
94274196_350.png

"Alright, let's do this one last time. My name's Parker, and for the past year I have been the Scarred Wasteland's one and only Plaguespider..."

"ck will you ever stop doing mcu gimmick necros???"
no
xxxx xx
sH4AnLI.png
CK | she/they | FR + 1
Wishlist
Quest Log
xx
Stars Defied: A Necromancer Lineage - Link
xx
Jk9NoUo.png
@counterklock Congratulations Peter Parker! I'll get him added to the Hall of Honor <3

Out of curiosity, I've gotten reports of Woodland Path being very hard to survive. It looks like you made it to Woodland Path? If so, how was Peter stated/how did you find the Woodland Path?

Edit: Parker has been added!
@counterklock Congratulations Peter Parker! I'll get him added to the Hall of Honor <3

Out of curiosity, I've gotten reports of Woodland Path being very hard to survive. It looks like you made it to Woodland Path? If so, how was Peter stated/how did you find the Woodland Path?

Edit: Parker has been added!
@
@
@3idolon I did indeed make it into the Woodland Path! Woodland Path IS quite hard, too. If I hadn't been playing Easy Mode and had the option of using a single minor potion, Parker would have absolutely been obliterated. I started out by putting most of my points into quickness, with the idea that, if he got an extra round in, he could strike first, or even sneak a dodge in. Once I hit around 4ish, I also bolstered strength and vitality, to give him a bit more bite and a little more health, respectively.

I am legitimately amazed he survived. He had so many close calls, both with his own health and with the health of his Faith & Determination. There were a few times where one of them fainted, too, and we managed to get through by the skin of our teeth.

All of my previous Necrolocke dergs also had their stats dumped into quickness at first, which might explain how I haven't had as many die right off the bat. I'm gonna try to play with it a little next round.
@3idolon I did indeed make it into the Woodland Path! Woodland Path IS quite hard, too. If I hadn't been playing Easy Mode and had the option of using a single minor potion, Parker would have absolutely been obliterated. I started out by putting most of my points into quickness, with the idea that, if he got an extra round in, he could strike first, or even sneak a dodge in. Once I hit around 4ish, I also bolstered strength and vitality, to give him a bit more bite and a little more health, respectively.

I am legitimately amazed he survived. He had so many close calls, both with his own health and with the health of his Faith & Determination. There were a few times where one of them fainted, too, and we managed to get through by the skin of our teeth.

All of my previous Necrolocke dergs also had their stats dumped into quickness at first, which might explain how I haven't had as many die right off the bat. I'm gonna try to play with it a little next round.
xxxx xx
sH4AnLI.png
CK | she/they | FR + 1
Wishlist
Quest Log
xx
Stars Defied: A Necromancer Lineage - Link
xx
Jk9NoUo.png
@counterklock Interesting! Thanks for sharing that info!
@counterklock Interesting! Thanks for sharing that info!
@
@
I had a very similar experience regarding WP being absolutely impossible to actually survive for me at level 4 barring some very lucky pulls from Mother, and extremely difficult on level 5. Janustraps, Glade Lords, and Spingys can all oneshot a level 4 with their elemental bolt, and that was by far my most frequent cause of death--although Triple Basilisk was also pretty common, or Double Fawn.

I was putting points exclusively into Strength and Quickness (and spares into Vitality) because if I didn't do Quickness I couldn't attack often enough to do any damage before dying (especially against Fawns); putting points anywhere else just turned out to be a complete waste because they would get oneshot anyway. Cabernet was on Easy with Unusual eyes and should have died twice at level 4 but got very lucky in terms of prayers to Mother (if you consider getting Ghouled lucky...). She was in WP for a total of 6 days and should have died on 2 of them.

WP isn't necessarily an instant death immediately, but it was incredibly rare that a dragon got to level 5 for me without staying in TF until they hit level 5. The only dragons I've seen that have ever been able to make the jump without that have been Wildclaws.

It's worth noting that I don't think this is necessarily a flaw of Necrolocke--I think it's just how venues that are meant to cover 3 levels tend to work, as I also tend to struggle at level 1--I'm just there for way fewer fights and the potions go a lot further. WP, I've heard (and experienced), is difficult even for teams of 3 attacking dragons; I think it has some general balancing issues in terms of the site itself. I just hope they don't introduce 2 new venues simultaneously when they go to split it up and take longer as a result.
I had a very similar experience regarding WP being absolutely impossible to actually survive for me at level 4 barring some very lucky pulls from Mother, and extremely difficult on level 5. Janustraps, Glade Lords, and Spingys can all oneshot a level 4 with their elemental bolt, and that was by far my most frequent cause of death--although Triple Basilisk was also pretty common, or Double Fawn.

I was putting points exclusively into Strength and Quickness (and spares into Vitality) because if I didn't do Quickness I couldn't attack often enough to do any damage before dying (especially against Fawns); putting points anywhere else just turned out to be a complete waste because they would get oneshot anyway. Cabernet was on Easy with Unusual eyes and should have died twice at level 4 but got very lucky in terms of prayers to Mother (if you consider getting Ghouled lucky...). She was in WP for a total of 6 days and should have died on 2 of them.

WP isn't necessarily an instant death immediately, but it was incredibly rare that a dragon got to level 5 for me without staying in TF until they hit level 5. The only dragons I've seen that have ever been able to make the jump without that have been Wildclaws.

It's worth noting that I don't think this is necessarily a flaw of Necrolocke--I think it's just how venues that are meant to cover 3 levels tend to work, as I also tend to struggle at level 1--I'm just there for way fewer fights and the potions go a lot further. WP, I've heard (and experienced), is difficult even for teams of 3 attacking dragons; I think it has some general balancing issues in terms of the site itself. I just hope they don't introduce 2 new venues simultaneously when they go to split it up and take longer as a result.
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 32 33