Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [ShaDOM] Battleship Barrage (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5
@GrayGriffin @CatgirlWerewolf @ArithMedic @Moondragon007 @WanderingTurtle @Necoryn @MooshiDraws @Honeyedbee @Grymmlock

The spreadsheet has been updated!

Today:
  • Rocket took 6 direct hits, making a total of 32.
    • 6/10 ships sank.
  • Biscuit took 12 direct hits, making a total of 29.
    • 5/10 ships sank.
  • Jellybean took 11 direct hits, making a total of 20.
    • 4/10 ships sank.
  • Squid took 2 direct hits, making a total of 29.
    • 8/10 ships sank.
@GrayGriffin @CatgirlWerewolf @ArithMedic @Moondragon007 @WanderingTurtle @Necoryn @MooshiDraws @Honeyedbee @Grymmlock

Today:
  • Rocket took 6 direct hits, making a total of 32.
    • 6/10 ships sank.
  • Biscuit took 12 direct hits, making a total of 29.
    • 5/10 ships sank.
  • Jellybean took 11 direct hits, making a total of 20.
    • 4/10 ships sank.
  • Squid took 2 direct hits, making a total of 29.
    • 8/10 ships sank.
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png

Since we've gotten up to 9/10 ships for three contestants, I'll be revealing both squares and the winners as they're uncovered rather than at rollover. I'll ping again when both winners have been revealed with the rules for the winning round.

Today:
  • Rocket took 7 direct hits, making a total of 39.
    • 9/10 ships sank.
  • Biscuit took 11 direct hits, making a total of 40.
    • 9/10 ships sank.
  • Jellybean took 12 direct hits, making a total of 32.
    • 6/10 ships sank.
  • Squid took 13 direct hits, making a total of 42.
    • 9/10 ships sank.

Since we've gotten up to 9/10 ships for three contestants, I'll be revealing both squares and the winners as they're uncovered rather than at rollover. I'll ping again when both winners have been revealed with the rules for the winning round.

Today:
  • Rocket took 7 direct hits, making a total of 39.
    • 9/10 ships sank.
  • Biscuit took 11 direct hits, making a total of 40.
    • 9/10 ships sank.
  • Jellybean took 12 direct hits, making a total of 32.
    • 6/10 ships sank.
  • Squid took 13 direct hits, making a total of 42.
    • 9/10 ships sank.
@GrayGriffin @CatgirlWerewolf @ArithMedic @Moondragon007 @WanderingTurtle @Necoryn @MooshiDraws @Honeyedbee @Grymmlock We have our winners! [b]Biscuit [/b]and [b]Jellybean [/b]will face off in the final round! To satisfy curiosity, I have uploaded ship locations for all teams to the [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pJAADqGT9uSPUrFJDM0PlB8TNAR5Yscylf3g53DDgkg/edit#gid=100550871]spreadsheet[/url]. This week: [LIST] [*] Rocket took a total of 43 direct hits. [LIST] [*][b]10/10 ships sank. [/b] [/LIST] [*] Biscuit took a total of 41 direct hits. [LIST] [*][b]9/10 ships sank. [/b] [/LIST] [*] Jellybean took a total of 40 direct hits. [LIST] [*][b]9/10 ships sank. [/b] [/LIST] [*] Squid took a total of 43 direct hits. [LIST] [*][b]9/10 ships sank.[/b] [/LIST] [/LIST] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=book antiqua]The Winning Round[/size][/font][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [LIST] [*] You are permitted to choose a new team for this round. However, you cannot switch to the other team mid-match. [*] There is a limit of 30 guesses per day. This is subject to change on Saturday as the event will [b]end at rollover on Sunday[/b]. This limit is new and separate from any guesses you may have already sent today. [*] I will update the spreadsheet as I log guesses throughout the day. You are allowed to split your guesses between messages if you want to see a few more squares uncovered before using all your turns. [*] If you are doing this, please note that [b]I am offline between 14:00-FR time and rollover[/b] each day and no updates will occur at these times. [*] Sinking the [b]mothership [/b]will be rewarded with a gilded decorative chest. Each hit on the mothership is worth 2 tickets. [*] All ships must be sunk for a player to win the game. [/LIST] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] Each team has placed: [LIST] [*] [b]5[/b] 3-square ships [*] [b]2[/b] 4-square ships [*] [b]2[/b] 6-square ships [*] [b]1[/b] 10-square mothership. This ship [b]does not follow conventional battleship rules[/b] and is a different shape for each player. It will have no purely diagonal connections. [/LIST]

We have our winners! Biscuit and Jellybean will face off in the final round!

To satisfy curiosity, I have uploaded ship locations for all teams to the spreadsheet.

This week:
  • Rocket took a total of 43 direct hits.
    • 10/10 ships sank.
  • Biscuit took a total of 41 direct hits.
    • 9/10 ships sank.
  • Jellybean took a total of 40 direct hits.
    • 9/10 ships sank.
  • Squid took a total of 43 direct hits.
    • 9/10 ships sank.

UgTHGGc.png
The Winning Round
UgTHGGc.png

• You are permitted to choose a new team for this round. However, you cannot switch to the other team mid-match.
  • There is a limit of 30 guesses per day. This is subject to change on Saturday as the event will end at rollover on Sunday. This limit is new and separate from any guesses you may have already sent today.
  • I will update the spreadsheet as I log guesses throughout the day. You are allowed to split your guesses between messages if you want to see a few more squares uncovered before using all your turns.
  • If you are doing this, please note that I am offline between 14:00-FR time and rollover each day and no updates will occur at these times.
  • Sinking the mothership will be rewarded with a gilded decorative chest. Each hit on the mothership is worth 2 tickets.
  • All ships must be sunk for a player to win the game.
UgTHGGc.png

Each team has placed:
  • 5 3-square ships
  • 2 4-square ships
  • 2 6-square ships
  • 1 10-square mothership. This ship does not follow conventional battleship rules and is a different shape for each player. It will have no purely diagonal connections.
@DuskAwakening

Just to clarify a couple things, do you mean the motherships' shapes are kinda snake-like? As in, they could go in a horizontal line for a few squares, then turn vertical, then go back to horizontal? Something like this, for example:
__ __
__|

Other question is, when you say this contest will end at rollover on Sunday, does that mean we have until the end of the day Sunday, or just through Saturday night (FRT)?
@DuskAwakening

Just to clarify a couple things, do you mean the motherships' shapes are kinda snake-like? As in, they could go in a horizontal line for a few squares, then turn vertical, then go back to horizontal? Something like this, for example:
__ __
__|

Other question is, when you say this contest will end at rollover on Sunday, does that mean we have until the end of the day Sunday, or just through Saturday night (FRT)?
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos
@WanderingTurtle It'll end when this dominance week rolls over, which is in 1 day and 12 hours, which means only Saturday night and not Sunday ^^

However, if there's no winner by that point, I see no problem extending it one more day - I'll make the decision closer to the end of the week.

The motherships both have a random shape! They're not necessarily long, they can also be wide, but they will always be connected by the side of a square.

eg.

|__|__|__|__|
|__|__|

But never

|__|__|____
^^^__|__|__|
@WanderingTurtle It'll end when this dominance week rolls over, which is in 1 day and 12 hours, which means only Saturday night and not Sunday ^^

However, if there's no winner by that point, I see no problem extending it one more day - I'll make the decision closer to the end of the week.

The motherships both have a random shape! They're not necessarily long, they can also be wide, but they will always be connected by the side of a square.

eg.

|__|__|__|__|
|__|__|

But never

|__|__|____
^^^__|__|__|
@DuskAwakening

Aha, thank you for the explanations! (Also I somehow thought today was Saturday for a while there, so I was kinda worried about either team being able to win in less than 24 hours. Oopsie! :P)
@DuskAwakening

Aha, thank you for the explanations! (Also I somehow thought today was Saturday for a while there, so I was kinda worried about either team being able to win in less than 24 hours. Oopsie! :P)
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos

The daily cap of guesses is still 30, but if we do not have a winner by rollover at the end of today, I will be extending the event throughout Sunday. I'll ping again at Sunday rollover to clarify whether this will happen -

Today:
  • Jellybean took 1 direct hit.
    • 0/10 ships sank.
  • Biscuit took 23 direct hits.
    • 4/10 ships sank.

The daily cap of guesses is still 30, but if we do not have a winner by rollover at the end of today, I will be extending the event throughout Sunday. I'll ping again at Sunday rollover to clarify whether this will happen -

Today:
  • Jellybean took 1 direct hit.
    • 0/10 ships sank.
  • Biscuit took 23 direct hits.
    • 4/10 ships sank.
@GrayGriffin @CatgirlWerewolf @ArithMedic @Moondragon007 @WanderingTurtle @Necoryn @MooshiDraws @Honeyedbee @Grymmlock [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=book antiqua]Battleship Barrage is Over![/size][/font][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [center][size=5][font=book antiqua]Our winner is [b]Jellybean[/b]![/size][/font][/center] I have updated the spreadsheet with ship locations for curiosity's sake ^^ in the next few days I'll be double checking tickets and then I'll roll the raffle! Thank you everyone for participating and making this event a huge success! Remember to claim all the badges you earned. If you'd like to buy a badge you didn't claim, the badges are available post-event for 30kt/g each. Today: [LIST] [*] Jellybean took 7 direct hits, making a total of 8. [LIST] [*][b]0/10 ships sank. [/b] [/LIST] [*] Biscuit took 23 direct hits, making a total of 46. [LIST] [*][b]10/10 ships sank. [/b] [/LIST] [/LIST]

UgTHGGc.png
Battleship Barrage is Over!
UgTHGGc.png
Our winner is Jellybean!

I have updated the spreadsheet with ship locations for curiosity's sake ^^ in the next few days I'll be double checking tickets and then I'll roll the raffle!

Thank you everyone for participating and making this event a huge success! Remember to claim all the badges you earned.

If you'd like to buy a badge you didn't claim, the badges are available post-event for 30kt/g each.

Today:
  • Jellybean took 7 direct hits, making a total of 8.
    • 0/10 ships sank.
  • Biscuit took 23 direct hits, making a total of 46.
    • 10/10 ships sank.
@GrayGriffin @CatgirlWerewolf @Sharanay @HoneyedBee @Islet @ArithMedic @WanderingTurtle @Grymmlock @Necoryn @MooshiDraws @fallendownut @TETRAHEDR0N @Moondragon007 @ZimeBelle @xenonentity [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] Thank you for participating in Battleship Barrage! I hope you had as much fun as I did this week ^^ This is a general ping to announce the winners of the raffle! Respond to your winning ticket by listing the number of choices that correspond to your number in the list. (For example, 3 should list three prize options from most to least wanted, while 1 should only list one). You will receive one of your prize choices based on availability. Please check the full list in case you've been drawn for multiple raffles! If this is the case, please separate out your choices. Eg. Jellybean vs Squid 1. 2. 3. Jellybean vs Biscuit 1. 2. 3. [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=book antiqua]Rocket vs Biscuit[/size][/font][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [LIST=1] [*] @fallendownut [*] @MooshiDraws [*] @HoneyedBee [/LIST] Your choice of prizes are: [quote=A Blight to Call Home][center][item=unhatched plague egg][/center][/quote] [quote=A Tail to Tell][center][item=Rat King][/center][/quote] [quote=Nippin' Nevins][center][item=firebug][item=fanned cockroach]x60[/center][/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=book antiqua]Jellybean vs Squid[/size][/font][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [LIST=1] [*] @WanderingTurtle [*] @GrayGriffin [*] @Moondragon007 [/LIST] Your choice of prizes are: [quote=A Rocky Start][center][item=unhatched earth egg][/center][/quote] [quote=You Can Pet Him if you Want To][center][item=Ghostly Rat Lord][/center][/quote] [quote=Cave Snack][center][item=ancient fungus][item=dryad's saddle]x50[/center][/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [center][size=6][font=book antiqua]The Winning Round[/size][/font][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UgTHGGc.png[/img] [LIST=1] [*] @HoneyedBee [*] @MooshiDraws [*] @GrayGriffin [/LIST] Your choice of prizes are: [quote=Science Babies][center][item=unhatched bogsneak egg][item=unhatched bogsneak egg][item=unhatched bogsneak egg][/center][/quote] [quote=Process of Elimination][center][item=eliminate][item=haste][item=rally] [item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker] [item=ambush][item=ambush][/center][/quote] [quote=Where'd My Book Go?][center][item=breed change: aether][item=primary gene: Cinder (aether)][item=secondary gene: Blaze (aether)][item=tertiary gene: sparkle (aether)][/center][/quote]
@GrayGriffin @CatgirlWerewolf @Sharanay @HoneyedBee @Islet @ArithMedic @WanderingTurtle @Grymmlock @Necoryn @MooshiDraws @fallendownut @TETRAHEDR0N @Moondragon007 @ZimeBelle @xenonentity

UgTHGGc.png

Thank you for participating in Battleship Barrage! I hope you had as much fun as I did this week ^^ This is a general ping to announce the winners of the raffle!

Respond to your winning ticket by listing the number of choices that correspond to your number in the list. (For example, 3 should list three prize options from most to least wanted, while 1 should only list one). You will receive one of your prize choices based on availability.

Please check the full list in case you've been drawn for multiple raffles! If this is the case, please separate out your choices.

Eg.

Jellybean vs Squid

Jellybean vs Biscuit

UgTHGGc.png
Rocket vs Biscuit
UgTHGGc.png
  1. @fallendownut
  2. @MooshiDraws
  3. @HoneyedBee

Your choice of prizes are:
A Blight to Call Home wrote:
Unhatched Plague Egg