Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [ShaDOM] Sewing Seminar [Done]
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thanks for the ping, I definitely needed the reminder (feel free to keep me on the daily pinglist if there's one!) For the nature-themed mythological creature I went for a [b]Unicorn[/b]! Unicorns are... wild, and unfortunately (or maybe not, horses can already be fairly unpredictable it's probably good that they don't come with a horn on top) mythological beings. The actual origin seems to be unknown (there's lots of ancient art of unicorns which is Really Fun To Look At if you're into looking at depictions of animals (real or not) from historical sources, and first described in writing by a Greek although the name we use now is from Latin. (It's thought according to the Encyclopedia Britannica that that first description was referring to a rhino, which while less fun is perhaps a little comforting in terms of the writer's sanity, although there are some ancient descriptions and depictions of animals that do feel Really Out There until you... actually see the animal, bonus if the writer (or in the case of artistic depictions, the artist) has never seen any.) In myths the unicorns are most often a horse with the one horn (and various other abilities, often rainbow-based by now), sometimes a goat, although rhinos are... well, actual unicorns. Some of them anyway. I put a horn on a Mirror for this, because Why Not? [b]The actual outfit:[/b] I made Quartz extra spiky, because you can like flowers *and* thorns, best of both worlds! Not the best dragon to hug, then again mirrors rarely fall in that category (they might dive into it, but definitely no falling). I wanted to keep her dark colours and still have the flower/nature aspect without adding more than silver tones, and I'm rather happy with how it came out! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53100432][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/531005/53100432_350.png[/img][/url][outfit=2167661]
Thanks for the ping, I definitely needed the reminder (feel free to keep me on the daily pinglist if there's one!)

For the nature-themed mythological creature I went for a Unicorn!

Unicorns are... wild, and unfortunately (or maybe not, horses can already be fairly unpredictable it's probably good that they don't come with a horn on top) mythological beings. The actual origin seems to be unknown (there's lots of ancient art of unicorns which is Really Fun To Look At if you're into looking at depictions of animals (real or not) from historical sources, and first described in writing by a Greek although the name we use now is from Latin.

(It's thought according to the Encyclopedia Britannica that that first description was referring to a rhino, which while less fun is perhaps a little comforting in terms of the writer's sanity, although there are some ancient descriptions and depictions of animals that do feel Really Out There until you... actually see the animal, bonus if the writer (or in the case of artistic depictions, the artist) has never seen any.)

In myths the unicorns are most often a horse with the one horn (and various other abilities, often rainbow-based by now), sometimes a goat, although rhinos are... well, actual unicorns. Some of them anyway. I put a horn on a Mirror for this, because Why Not?

The actual outfit:
I made Quartz extra spiky, because you can like flowers *and* thorns, best of both worlds! Not the best dragon to hug, then again mirrors rarely fall in that category (they might dive into it, but definitely no falling). I wanted to keep her dark colours and still have the flower/nature aspect without adding more than silver tones, and I'm rather happy with how it came out!
53100432_350.png
Spiky Unicorn
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo3_100.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
QFQWWs0.png earthb1.png
This particular costume is inspired by the Horned King who leads the Wild Hunt in Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising series. Real-life references include various legends and mythological tropes, most notably the Wild Hunt, a phenomenon occurring in midwinter (seeing it is a bad omen), and various Horned Deities. He is a symbol of the terror of Nature and the darkness of midwinter. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=69834352&skin=0&apparel=768,20161,32702,28796,28804,667,1792,32700,32706,32707&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=2168422]
This particular costume is inspired by the Horned King who leads the Wild Hunt in Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising series. Real-life references include various legends and mythological tropes, most notably the Wild Hunt, a phenomenon occurring in midwinter (seeing it is a bad omen), and various Horned Deities. He is a symbol of the terror of Nature and the darkness of midwinter.

dragon?did=69834352&skin=0&apparel=768,20161,32702,28796,28804,667,1792,32700,32706,32707&xt=dressing.png
Not Found
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[center][img]https://img.nickpic.host/CdRxy2.png[/img] @Jayfeather88 @Beezarre @Bxy26 "Very lovely and so detailed, your outfits! I like how very different from each other they are!" [b]The Winner of this round is: @Beezarre[/b] Your prize will be sent to you shortly, don't forget to claim the winner badge! [img]https://img.nickpic.host/Ck0Eqp.png[/img] [b]Thursday's Task[/b][/center] [i]"Today we will go for a more watery theme. Imagine the deepest lake or ocean and come up with something mystical that resides within those depths. It does not have to be limited to fish but that is a viable option. Let your creativity take over!"[/i] Create an outfit of something that would live at the bottom of a deep dark lake or ocean. You do not have to limit yourself to fish and fishy-creatures. [b]Make sure to send in your daily entry fee before or after sending in your entry. It would be a pity if your hard works on the outfit could not be counted![/b] I won't be able to remind you after 11:00 FR time. [center][b]You can gain 1 extra ticket for:[/b] - explain your creature and why they live in the deep - Answer: What would you like to see as a next Trickmurk Circus apparel or familiar? [b]The winner of this round will claim the following prize:[/b] [quote=Thursday][item=Emerald Deepsea Bulb][item=Green Sea Slug Cloak][item=Sassy Sailor's Socks][item=Sassy Sailor's Undershirt][item=Sassy Sailor's Scarf][/quote] [img]https://img.nickpic.host/CdRC2b.png[/img][/center]
CdRxy2.png

@Jayfeather88 @Beezarre @Bxy26

"Very lovely and so detailed, your outfits! I like how very different from each other they are!"

The Winner of this round is:
@Beezarre

Your prize will be sent to you shortly, don't forget to claim the winner badge!

Ck0Eqp.png

Thursday's Task
"Today we will go for a more watery theme. Imagine the deepest lake or ocean and come up with something mystical that resides within those depths. It does not have to be limited to fish but that is a viable option. Let your creativity take over!"

Create an outfit of something that would live at the bottom of a deep dark lake or ocean. You do not have to limit yourself to fish and fishy-creatures.

Make sure to send in your daily entry fee before or after sending in your entry. It would be a pity if your hard works on the outfit could not be counted!
I won't be able to remind you after 11:00 FR time.
You can gain 1 extra ticket for:
- explain your creature and why they live in the deep
- Answer: What would you like to see as a next Trickmurk Circus apparel or familiar?

The winner of this round will claim the following prize:
Thursday wrote:
Emerald Deepsea Bulb Green Sea Slug Cloak Sassy Sailor's Socks Sassy Sailor's Undershirt Sassy Sailor's Scarf
CdRC2b.png
Okay, honestly, I probably could have been more creative with this but but eh. I like sharks. So, here is my shark/dragon (shrake if you will) scry, they have scars from battles, gems from raids/hoards, and is constantly surrounded by fish and, oddly enough, smoke, which makes them incredibly easy to fall prey to. They are known for their deathly stare and gripping jaws, so watch out! Don’t go swimming without protection… I have actually designed a creature similar to this, so I might create a dragon like this sometime and have art of it. Thanks for looking at my scry, enjoy your day! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1049328792449065040/1075784456960495626/08AD6603-A6D4-4143-A0D8-69C3E2D770C0.png[/img] [outfit=2168578]
Okay, honestly, I probably could have been more creative with this but but eh. I like sharks. So, here is my shark/dragon (shrake if you will) scry, they have scars from battles, gems from raids/hoards, and is constantly surrounded by fish and, oddly enough, smoke, which makes them incredibly easy to fall prey to. They are known for their deathly stare and gripping jaws, so watch out! Don’t go swimming without protection…
I have actually designed a creature similar to this, so I might create a dragon like this sometime and have art of it. Thanks for looking at my scry, enjoy your day!

08AD6603-A6D4-4143-A0D8-69C3E2D770C0.png
Shrake
Previously Jayfeather88, now Jayfeathers - please don’t forget the s!
[emoji=shadow rune size=1]
This outfit and Scry are based on the kelpie myth, a kelpie (or water kelpie) are shape-shifting spirits from Scottish folklore, they usually take the form of beautiful black/dark coloured horses that prey on humans. I absolutely adore kelpies and the kelpie apparel on FR so I really couldn’t resist this one, I would really recommend historical kelpie art or just kelpie art in general, all depictions of them are so beautiful and interesting :D. For this outfit though I strayed a little away from the dark horse colour palette, I just really wanted to make her kelp green, and the bloodred mane looked really nice with her scry, I like to think that at one point she was chained to the loch floor to stop her from preying on innocent dragons (mostly hatchlings as most kelpie stories are about children) and after years of sitting on the floor of the loch, angry, so angry and incredibly hungry, she was overgrown with plant life (all animals knew to stay far from the ravenous kelpie at the bottom of the loch) and the chains finally eroded enough for her to make her escape, the hatchlings nearby better beware since the scary kelpie story their parents told them is a little realer than they thought it was, and she is [i]very[/i] hungry. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3217407&skin=0&apparel=20840,38288,26279,32044,3625,22833,22830,22832,22825&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=2168896] I had a lot of fun with her and her story! Probably gonna try and get a dragon like her soon and expand on the story a little more, hope you like her :D Answer to the trickermurk question: I would like glowing mushroom apparel! Lots of glowing mushroom apparel, I love the mushrooms as part of the shadow flight’s theme and would like to see more of them! Also dark bramble apparel probably, maybe some more circus/carnival stuff like the jester and carousel sets. Maybe a shadow-y crow/bird familiar as well, that might be cool!
This outfit and Scry are based on the kelpie myth, a kelpie (or water kelpie) are shape-shifting spirits from Scottish folklore, they usually take the form of beautiful black/dark coloured horses that prey on humans. I absolutely adore kelpies and the kelpie apparel on FR so I really couldn’t resist this one, I would really recommend historical kelpie art or just kelpie art in general, all depictions of them are so beautiful and interesting :D. For this outfit though I strayed a little away from the dark horse colour palette, I just really wanted to make her kelp green, and the bloodred mane looked really nice with her scry,

I like to think that at one point she was chained to the loch floor to stop her from preying on innocent dragons (mostly hatchlings as most kelpie stories are about children) and after years of sitting on the floor of the loch, angry, so angry and incredibly hungry, she was overgrown with plant life (all animals knew to stay far from the ravenous kelpie at the bottom of the loch) and the chains finally eroded enough for her to make her escape, the hatchlings nearby better beware since the scary kelpie story their parents told them is a little realer than they thought it was, and she is very hungry.

scry?sdid=3217407&skin=0&apparel=20840,38288,26279,32044,3625,22833,22830,22832,22825&xt=dressing.png

Kelpie

I had a lot of fun with her and her story! Probably gonna try and get a dragon like her soon and expand on the story a little more, hope you like her :D

Answer to the trickermurk question: I would like glowing mushroom apparel! Lots of glowing mushroom apparel, I love the mushrooms as part of the shadow flight’s theme and would like to see more of them! Also dark bramble apparel probably, maybe some more circus/carnival stuff like the jester and carousel sets. Maybe a shadow-y crow/bird familiar as well, that might be cool!
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
pRVV40Q.png
AwzQnqd.png
S7TBVmd.png
25RV2DU.png
Thursday [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=76000489&skin=0&apparel=29245,32293,37886,17530,29801,32291,9997,34238,5169,1091,1093,1092,1094,954,32292&xt=dressing.png[/img][nextcol][outfit=2169031][/columns] Probably unlikey but I'd love to see a dark shadow version of will o' the wisp for Trickmurk. =3
Thursday
dragon?did=76000489&skin=0&apparel=29245,32293,37886,17530,29801,32291,9997,34238,5169,1091,1093,1092,1094,954,32292&xt=dressing.png
Ocean

Probably unlikey but I'd love to see a dark shadow version of will o' the wisp for Trickmurk. =3
22ywPUF.png Ao7i1jI.png TSLAPe2.gifUXRaoCb.png6OIh6CV.pngVod89n8.pngMGIo0DJ.gifs7d0V1v.png 2oKWxc3.png
[center][img]https://img.nickpic.host/CdRxy2.png[/img] @Golden @Jayfeather88 @Beezarre @Bxy26 @InkCorvid "You've created amazing outfits that truly depict whatever may live in the deepest darkest areas of the waters." [b]The Winner of this round is: @Jayfeather88[/b] Your prize will be sent to you shortly, don't forget to claim the winner badge! [img]https://img.nickpic.host/Ck0Eqp.png[/img] [b]Friday's Task[/b][/center] [i]"After a bit of relaxing design with no restrictions I want to add a new element to outfit-crafting. Have you heard of skins and accents? I want you to pick your favorite Trickmurk Circus Accent and create an outfit for it. Good luck!"[/i] Pick one accent or skin from any of the Trickmurk Circus Festivals from the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/items/skins?page=1&name=&description=Trickmurk&itemid=&display_type=&skin_category=&skin_type=admin&skin_by=&breed=&sex=&color=&hoard_vault=&sort=name_asc&submit=Apply]database[/url]. Put it on a model dragon in the Dressing Room and design an outfit that matches the skin/accent (does not have to be strictly shadow themed). Alternatively: If you have a dragon wearing a skin/accent from the Festival with a nice outfit, you can enter it instead! [b]Make sure to send in your daily entry fee before or after sending in your entry. It would be a pity if your hard works on the outfit could not be counted![/b] I won't be able to remind you after 11:00 FR time. [center][b]You can gain 1 extra ticket for:[/b] - showing off your (1) favorite festival skin/accent (all flights) [b]The winner of this round will claim the following prize:[/b] [quote=Friday][item=Helpful Woodwing][item=Helpful Woodguard][item=Helpful Woodbasket][item=Dew Laden White Rose][/quote] [img]https://img.nickpic.host/CdRC2b.png[/img][/center]
CdRxy2.png

@Golden @Jayfeather88 @Beezarre @Bxy26 @InkCorvid

"You've created amazing outfits that truly depict whatever may live in the deepest darkest areas of the waters."

The Winner of this round is:
@Jayfeather88

Your prize will be sent to you shortly, don't forget to claim the winner badge!

Ck0Eqp.png

Friday's Task
"After a bit of relaxing design with no restrictions I want to add a new element to outfit-crafting. Have you heard of skins and accents? I want you to pick your favorite Trickmurk Circus Accent and create an outfit for it. Good luck!"

Pick one accent or skin from any of the Trickmurk Circus Festivals from the database. Put it on a model dragon in the Dressing Room and design an outfit that matches the skin/accent (does not have to be strictly shadow themed).
Alternatively: If you have a dragon wearing a skin/accent from the Festival with a nice outfit, you can enter it instead!

Make sure to send in your daily entry fee before or after sending in your entry. It would be a pity if your hard works on the outfit could not be counted!
I won't be able to remind you after 11:00 FR time.
You can gain 1 extra ticket for:
- showing off your (1) favorite festival skin/accent (all flights)

The winner of this round will claim the following prize:
Friday wrote:
Helpful Woodwing Helpful Woodguard Helpful Woodbasket Dew Laden White Rose
CdRC2b.png
[center][emoji=shadow rune size=1][/center]
Honestly couldn’t figure out if you meant Scry dragons could be used or if it was supposed to be mannequin only or sm, my silly slow brain is just scrambled rn so I included both to be safe! My favourite Trickmurk Circus Skin is Definitely Shimmer Trick, mostly cause mushrooms, boy do I LOVE mushrooms- they’re just so pretty! Here it is on the dragon [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3218650&skin=25934&apparel=769,22672,22670,22665,20838,20836,20841,20840,20842,48175,23290&xt=dressing.png[/img][outfit=2169332] And here it is on the mannequin! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=25934&apparel=769,22672,22670,22665,20838,20836,20841,20840,20842,48175,23290&xt=dressing.png[/img][outfit=2169711] Once again I had loads of fun! Figuring out an outfit for this specific skin (and making a Scry dragon it would look good on) was harder than I thought it would be when I started but was a rewarding kind of difficult and I’m happy with the results! My favourite festival skin is almost definitely Wormtongue from the 2020 Riot of Rot! [skin=36387] I don’t really know how to explain why other than it just looks really neat and I like extra eye accents :D Here it is on my girl Yahaira, which is actually probably why I love it so much, I just adore how it looks on her, her outfit is still a wip and I still need to buy the skin itself but I love how she will look when I’m done! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83824975][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=83824975&skin=36387&apparel=6274,38287,38285,38288,20838,20842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url]
Honestly couldn’t figure out if you meant Scry dragons could be used or if it was supposed to be mannequin only or sm, my silly slow brain is just scrambled rn so I included both to be safe! My favourite Trickmurk Circus Skin is Definitely Shimmer Trick, mostly cause mushrooms, boy do I LOVE mushrooms- they’re just so pretty!

Here it is on the dragon
scry?sdid=3218650&skin=25934&apparel=769,22672,22670,22665,20838,20836,20841,20840,20842,48175,23290&xt=dressing.png
Shimmer Trick

And here it is on the mannequin!
dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=25934&apparel=769,22672,22670,22665,20838,20836,20841,20840,20842,48175,23290&xt=dressing.png
Not Found

Once again I had loads of fun! Figuring out an outfit for this specific skin (and making a Scry dragon it would look good on) was harder than I thought it would be when I started but was a rewarding kind of difficult and I’m happy with the results!

My favourite festival skin is almost definitely Wormtongue from the 2020 Riot of Rot!

I don’t really know how to explain why other than it just looks really neat and I like extra eye accents :D Here it is on my girl Yahaira, which is actually probably why I love it so much, I just adore how it looks on her, her outfit is still a wip and I still need to buy the skin itself but I love how she will look when I’m done!
dragon?did=83824975&skin=36387&apparel=6274,38287,38285,38288,20838,20842&xt=dressing.png
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
pRVV40Q.png
AwzQnqd.png
S7TBVmd.png
25RV2DU.png
1 2 3 4 5 6